Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jfklganyc
Topic Author

B6 adds EWR Pilot Base

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Telling pilots their presence there will continue to increase and will be long term.

Separate base from JFK/LGA per the ALPA contract

BlueBaller

Re: B6 adds EWR Pilot Base

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 pm

There’s tons of Jersey and northern PA commuters. I’d honestly venture a guess that a lot of DC/Nova commuters would bid it as well. United still does plenty of Express hops in the mid Atlantic region. Plus if you drive, even if you come all the way from BWI, all you gotta do is hop up I-95/Turnpike. Not having to do the extra hour to cross the Verrazano is huge.

These Flight Attendants are going to go ballistic. Big reason a lot of them were quitting was because they had to cover the EWR flying with 4am reserve call outs from a crash pad in Kew Gardens.

N649DL

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 pm

About time. If you go on wiki to see how many destinations B6 has added at EWR, they need it.

JetBlue really needs to call EWR a straight up Focus City or Hub at this point. I think it was briefly added as a Focus City to the EWR wiki page and then removed.

trueblew

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:39 pm

N649DL wrote:
About time. If you go on wiki to see how many destinations B6 has added at EWR, they need it.

JetBlue really needs to call EWR a straight up Focus City or Hub at this point. I think it was briefly added as a Focus City to the EWR wiki page and then removed.

EWR is part of the NYC Focus City along with JFK and LGA. It has been depicted as such on JetBlue maps at route announcements.

tphuang

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 pm

I don't think they would do this unless they got some kind of guarantee on number of gates, real estate in ewr and being able to keep all their additional flying once all the "slot" waivers go away. Maybe we will hear some kind of announcement next week. Up until now, They have been reluctant to announce an increase to beyond 70 to 80 daily flights.

RWA380

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:53 pm

B6 is making a bigger move to tap the lions share of traffic from NYC for the future & good for them. BOS is their solid second & another good situation for a pretty plucky airline. I hope to see B6 offer more options to the East from California. I would have liked to have seen RIC, RDU may have done better from LAX. We'll see in the future.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

sfojvjets

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 pm

RWA380 wrote:
B6 is making a bigger move to tap the lions share of traffic from NYC for the future & good for them. BOS is their solid second & another good situation for a pretty plucky airline. I hope to see B6 offer more options to the East from California. I would have liked to have seen RIC, RDU may have done better from LAX. We'll see in the future.

I think they're out of their "let's plop city pairs on a map and see what sticks" phase. They now have key areas of focus which they need to build up and cannot afford placing extra planes on p2p routes. Their priorities should be adding more frequencies/destinations to LAX/EWR. And thin transcons are quite a poor use of LAX slots IMO. I think one of the few short-haul domestic routes that they're finding success on from LAX is LAX-SFO. LAX-CHS/RIC/etc does little to nothing to elevate their brand/presence at LAX since they are not focused on increasing point of sale from the LA metro.

My biased self still hopes for an SFO buildup but quite honestly I think the time's run out for that. Unfortunate that they made that decision given AS's plummeting share but nothing I can do about it. And of course, they're not growing nearly fast enough to be growing LAX/EWR and SFO all at once. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

CobaltScar

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:27 am

BlueBaller wrote:
There’s tons of Jersey and northern PA commuters. I’d honestly venture a guess that a lot of DC/Nova commuters would bid it as well. United still does plenty of Express hops in the mid Atlantic region. Plus if you drive, even if you come all the way from BWI, all you gotta do is hop up I-95/Turnpike. Not having to do the extra hour to cross the Verrazano is huge.

These Flight Attendants are going to go ballistic. Big reason a lot of them were quitting was because they had to cover the EWR flying with 4am reserve call outs from a crash pad in Kew Gardens.

The FA reserves are dropping likes flys in NYC because of that. Good news is everyone else is hiring for more pay and better workrules. If jetblue wants to continue accepting insane attrition and spending all their money training a conveyor belt of new hires that are going to go broke in NYC, then let them.

VP of Inflight has been removed from the position, and hilariously he has been promoted up.

Max Q

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:50 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Telling pilots their presence there will continue to increase and will be long term.

Interesting, the Continental and United EWR base covers all three airports
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

codc10

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:57 am

Even at the current size of operations, JetBlue could really use a pilot domicile at EWR to ensure reliability. This is overdue, IMO.

DualQual

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:59 am

Max Q wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

I doubt UAL pilots would trade contracts.
There's no known cure for stupid

MIflyer12

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:41 am

Max Q wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

So does Delta's, IIRC.

aemoreira1981

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:26 am

trueblew wrote:
N649DL wrote:

EWR is part of the NYC Focus City along with JFK and LGA. It has been depicted as such on JetBlue maps at route announcements.

Part of that may be the runway situation at EWR right now. If there are low clouds, EWR becomes a single-runway operation. I would expect more expanding once it's back to normal and when EWR has Terminal A open (most of the B6 gates are tow-in gates).

fireman0174

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 am

Max Q wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

Many years ago United had separate bases at JFK/LGA and EWR. Combined in one domicile in 1976 or 1977.

tphuang

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:44 pm

I do wonder if there is some kind of indirect trade between UA and B6 here like what happened few months ago when B6 got more gates at EWR and UA got back into JFK. Also, I wonder if B6 is willing to do split terminal operation here if they can't get all the gates they want in the new terminal A.

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:36 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
trueblew wrote:
N649DL wrote:

Part of that may be the runway situation at EWR right now. If there are low clouds, EWR becomes a single-runway operation. I would expect more expanding once it's back to normal and when EWR has Terminal A open (most of the B6 gates are tow-in gates).

I have never been towed in at EWR. Where did you get that from?

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:38 pm

tphuang wrote:
I do wonder if there is some kind of indirect trade between UA and B6 here like what happened few months ago when B6 got more gates at EWR and UA got back into JFK. Also, I wonder if B6 is willing to do split terminal operation here if they can't get all the gates they want in the new terminal A.

They got the gates in new terminal for their operation. No issue.

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm

The B6 pilot contract doesnt allow a EWR co base with JFK/LGA. Hence the stand alone base.

They would have to sit down with ALPO and negotiate it…Which would be rather easy.

What is missed on airliners.net is the fact that Jetblue management still likes to act and pretend that they are in a direct relationship with their employees.

It actually hurts them. It’s like somebody that went thru life changing events not acknowledging reality. It is going to come back to bite them big time in the Northeast alliance arbitration, and it has already come back to bite them in flight attendant negotiations.

It’s a big reason why the operation is such a mess at the moment…they can no longer unilaterally pull levers to fix it…And they don’t know how to fix it any other way.

Nicknuzzii

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm

This is a big step in the right direction for EWR. Not sure if this is a dumb question but just curious as EWR is looking more and more like a focus city for B6, how much maintenance can they do on aircraft from EWR?

On another note, I also agree that this indicates further growth from B6. If anything, I’m surprised this wasn’t announced with new routes, yet. For the future I do like to believe B6 will “max out” EWR at around 100 departures using 10 or so gates in Terminal A and perhaps a few of the ones that are going to open up in Terminal B following Delta’s departure.

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:53 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
The B6 pilot contract doesnt allow a EWR co base with JFK/LGA. Hence the stand alone base.

They would have to sit down with ALPO and negotiate it…Which would be rather easy.

What is missed on airliners.net is the fact that Jetblue management still likes to act and pretend that they are in a direct relationship with their employees.

It actually hurts them. It’s like somebody that went thru life changing events not acknowledging reality. It is going to come back to bite them big time in the Northeast alliance arbitration, and it has already come back to bite them in flight attendant negotiations.

It’s a big reason why the operation is such a mess at the moment…they can no longer unilaterally pull levers to fix it…And they don’t know how to fix it any other way.

I’m not sure how sense it makes for B6 or pilots to have a single base when it was relatively large operations at all three airports. Because AA and DL are pretty small at EWR and UA is small at LGA and JFK (to the point where there are few or no flights not to another base at the “small airports”) a single base presents fewer operational challenges.

AA and DL need many fewer reserves in NYC (and in this context “NYC” is probably mostly Brooklyn and Queens) to report to EWR on short notice than B6 would with a hypothetical NYC base.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

bluecrew

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:00 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:

The FA reserves are dropping likes flys in NYC because of that. Good news is everyone else is hiring for more pay and better workrules. If jetblue wants to continue accepting insane attrition and spending all their money training a conveyor belt of new hires that are going to go broke in NYC, then let them.

VP of Inflight has been removed from the position, and hilariously he has been promoted up.

Can't tell you how many times I see the posts dry up from an FA I flew with on Facebook, and then a few weeks later they're smiling getting their wings put on wearing a purple dress. And occasionally a 5-6 year E190 FO will drop off the list and then you see them posting about how excited they are to start at Delta. At some point a few years ago, when all the legacies started getting new contracts, rules about reserve, and started expanding like gangbusters - the gig was up, flight attendants started figuring out B6 was a starter airline and they'd make more money at AA/DL.

Though, the FA work rules are truly horrid and always have been, and the pay is subpar. The things scheduling makes them do too... yikes.

There's a ton of EWR commuters to BOS. Most of the FAs I've talked to say it's easier to jumpseat to BOS than it is to be based in JFK, even though the trips are usually a little less productive and their seniority doesn't go as far.

tphuang

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:25 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
This is a big step in the right direction for EWR. Not sure if this is a dumb question but just curious as EWR is looking more and more like a focus city for B6, how much maintenance can they do on aircraft from EWR?

On another note, I also agree that this indicates further growth from B6. If anything, I’m surprised this wasn’t announced with new routes, yet. For the future I do like to believe B6 will “max out” EWR at around 100 departures using 10 or so gates in Terminal A and perhaps a few of the ones that are going to open up in Terminal B following Delta’s departure.

The timing of this could be due to the big annual bid that's coming up. Maybe they can fill all the ewr vacancies without displacements. I would assume this will only be an a320 base.

I am sure they will make an announcement. I am not sure it will necessarily come next week.

MIflyer12

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
I’m not sure how sense it makes for B6 or pilots to have a single base when it was relatively large operations at all three airports. Because AA and DL are pretty small at EWR and UA is small at LGA and JFK (to the point where there are few or no flights not to another base at the “small airports”) a single base presents fewer operational challenges.

That's an easy one: More base fragmentation = more carrier cost.

Of course, scrambling to get to EWR for a reserve assignment just shifts the cost (transportation, anxiety) from AA/DL to the employee.

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:30 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

That's an easy one: More base fragmentation = more carrier cost.

Of course, scrambling to get to EWR for a reserve assignment just shifts the cost (transportation, anxiety) from AA/DL to the employee.

Yeah, but I’m not sure the cost delta is as large when all of the operations in the proposed “combined base” are pretty big. For instance, combining the based likely would not result in meaningful real estate savings at EWR.

But you are right about the cost shift and that cost shift is to junior - and thus less powerful in the union - pilots. I expect those in power in the union would gladly sell them out if they gain something. That’s usually how it works.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

N757ST

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm

tphuang wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

The timing of this could be due to the big annual bid that's coming up. Maybe they can fill all the ewr vacancies without displacements. I would assume this will only be an a320 base.

I am sure they will make an announcement. I am not sure it will necessarily come next week.

The timing of this is because the pilots annual bid opens this week. They will not have to displace into it, if all the first officer vacancies are not filled then they will hire into it. There is going to be a lot of hiring over the next year so that won’t be a problem. I don’t know that there is a need to make an announcement, the public and investors I doubt care where pilots are based.

tphuang

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm

N757ST wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

The timing of this is because the pilots annual bid opens this week. They will not have to displace into it, if all the first officer vacancies are not filled then they will hire into it. There is going to be a lot of hiring over the next year so that won’t be a problem. I don’t know that there is a need to make an announcement, the public and investors I doubt care where pilots are based.

JetBlue loves pr. There will be some announcement about moving into the new terminal, have more gates and adding flights and providing more options to customers.

JFKalumni

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:56 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
trueblew wrote:

I have never been towed in at EWR. Where did you get that from?

A20 is a tow-in. In Terminal B, B6 is usually assigned gates between RD and RE (B51-B57). B51, B52 and B57 are tow-in gates which are usually assigned to B6 unless Dream Jet (Le Compagnie) keeps the A321’s on the gate.

JFKalumni

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:03 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

Not much in terms of maintenance. All of their maintenance is done inside the Doolittle hardstand between the old and new terminals.

There’s a Mint A321 sitting inside the UPS Z4 ramp for the last two weeks undergoing #2 engine repairs. That’s ridiculous considering a large TechOps group with EBU and storekeepers available right across the river at JFK.

catiii

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:11 pm

DualQual wrote:
Max Q wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?

trueblew

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:25 pm

DualQual wrote:
Max Q wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

I doubt my B6 pilot friends would want much of the UAL pilot contract either, least of which being United's airport standby provision. Who knew there was an airline outside the regionals with work rules like that!

JFKalumni

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:29 pm

trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:
Max Q wrote:

I doubt my B6 pilot friends would want much of the UAL pilot contract either, least of which being United's airport standby provision. Who knew there was an airline outside the regionals with work rules like that!

It’s needed. UA needs coverage for EWR- TLV, CPT, JNB, HKG especially during irops conditions.

trueblew

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:31 pm

JFKalumni wrote:
trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:

It’s needed. UA needs coverage for EWR- TLV, CPT, JNB, HKG especially during irops conditions.

I wonder how DL covers JFK-TLV during IROPS. Or any other major airline, including B6, covers time-critical staffing issues. Hint: not airport standby. That's for regional airlines.

Apologies for the thread drift, but some posts need to be responded to.

JFKalumni

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

trueblew wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:
trueblew wrote:

I wonder how DL covers JFK-TLV during IROPS. Or any other major airline, including B6, covers time-critical staffing issues. Hint: not airport standby. That's for regional airlines.

Yes airport standby is mostly for regionals. If this system helps prevent multi hour delays for crew repositioning, duty cutoff times, etc than more power to them

trueblew

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:47 pm

JFKalumni wrote:
trueblew wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:

Yes airport standby is mostly for regionals. If this system helps prevent multi hour delays for crew repositioning, duty cutoff times, etc than more power to them

Certainly they can do whatever they like. My original comment was merely a response to DualQual's elitist-sounding post.

flight152

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:52 pm

trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:
Max Q wrote:

Perhaps having airport standby could help their current on time performance, which at the moment is atrocious.

trueblew

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:03 pm

flight152 wrote:
trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:

Perhaps having airport standby could help their current on time performance, which at the moment is atrocious.

From what I understand over there at B6 that would require having actual pilots to schedule for airport standby. Hopefully they can onboard enough pilots and other types of workers quickly enough to improve their abysmal performance.

JoseSalazar

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:12 pm

trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:
Max Q wrote:

Section 1 (scope that allows outsourced RJ flying at UAL) is enough to make most any B6 pilot cringe at having the UAL contract.

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:47 pm

flight152 wrote:
trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:

Almost never a plane sitting waiting for pilots.

There is almost never a plane. That is the problem.

They overwork and overschedule the planes. One hiccup…the whole day is done

N649DL

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:31 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

Wait, where is DL going if they move out of Terminal B? They just opened a new Sky Club there and the new Terminal A isn't ready yet...?

FlapOperator

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:39 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
trueblew wrote:
DualQual wrote:

Section 1 (scope that allows outsourced RJ flying at UAL) is enough to make most any B6 pilot cringe at having the UAL contract.

Boom.

LAX772LR

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:56 pm

RWA380 wrote:
I hope to see B6 offer more options to the East from California.

I hope to see B6 become something more than a to-the-east-coast airline.

It's their groove, and they've done well with it, but they're essentially worthless to anyone who's not going to the NE, Florida, and California. Sure that's a huge chunk of the travel market, but I'm sorta surprised that they've still left out so much of Texas (then again, even DL does that) and the MidWest is a complete afterthought to them.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Nicknuzzii

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:16 pm

N649DL wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Wait, where is DL going if they move out of Terminal B? They just opened a new Sky Club there and the new Terminal A isn't ready yet...?

Terminal A next April.

RWA380

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:34 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

It's their groove, and they've done well with it, but they're essentially worthless to anyone who's not going to the NE, Florida, and California. Sure that's a huge chunk of the travel market, but I'm sorta surprised that they've still left out so much of Texas (then again, even DL does that) and the MidWest is a complete afterthought to them.

I agree with you, my comments are based upon the travel patterns B6 took with RDU, RIC etc ... that are doing poorly & being discontinued. But I think B6 thinks, that they are breaking with that tradition in a big way with London adds. But starting with LGW & LHR is TATL 101.

I have no doubt B6 will find their TATL niche & do well enough to fill a dozen A-321neo's a day to places like BRU, AMS, PAR, DUB or LIS. I could see B6 jumping into the Azores from New England (likely BOS).

I hope B6 moves forward in different directions, what is the range of the a-321neo out of FLL heading to S. America? What cities are viable & which are not? But I hope they never forger where they started.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

tphuang

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

I hope you don't mind me noticing that you are likely based in MSY and asking you a question on this topic both for myself (I don't work for any airline) and for any JetBlue senior people who might be looking through this thread.

B6 is most likely going to just offer services out of MSY to the 4 NEA airports + FLL and maybe LAX in the medium term. Would they have more utility as an airline by providing connection opportunities to Europe and South America through their primary focus cities vs building a middle of the country "hub" that allows more convenient connection domestically?

I'm asking this because the first part involves them continuing to build up their primary focus cities in JFK/BOS into TATL hubs and FLL into Latam hub. The latter would require them make a vast investment in a middle of the country hub. I'd say the first option is probably easier to do than the second. Could they attract more middle of the country business by focusing more on domestic connections and building up a 60 to 100 flight station in a place like MCI (or any airport with enough gate space for that)? Or are they be

JFKalumni

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:21 pm

tphuang wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

I hope you don't mind me noticing that you are likely based in MSY and asking you a question on this topic both for myself (I don't work for any airline) and for any JetBlue senior people who might be looking through this thread.

B6 is most likely going to just offer services out of MSY to the 4 NEA airports + FLL and maybe LAX in the medium term. Would they have more utility as an airline by providing connection opportunities to Europe and South America through their primary focus cities vs building a middle of the country "hub" that allows more convenient connection domestically?

I'm asking this because the first part involves them continuing to build up their primary focus cities in JFK/BOS into TATL hubs and FLL into Latam hub. The latter would require them make a vast investment in a middle of the country hub. I'd say the first option is probably easier to do than the second. Could they attract more middle of the country business by focusing more on domestic connections and building up a 60 to 100 flight station in a place like MCI (or any airport with enough gate space for that)? Or are they be

Right now B6 is asking for trouble dealing with Europe. Most European destinations are slot controlled with heavy financial penalties for missing your assigned departure / wheels up time. Not to mention the FAA ETOPS sign offs and maintenance scheduling for over water aircraft.

It would be a better and safer option to explore South America from MCO, FLL and SJU. A Caribbean island hopper with the E-190’s out of SJU is one idea. Another idea is using the A321XLR to reach GIG,GRU,POA and EZE with the additional fuel tank options. South America has more to offer B6 than the overly saturated transatlantic.

Planeboy17

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:53 am

These planes will only be used for TA flying. They won’t get stuck by an EDCT for FLL. They will ply the NA exclusively once service starts and there should be ample slack in the system now that there’s a reduced September schedule. I’m not going out on the limb that there will be no issues for this venture but if there are 30 planes waiting to TO at JFK in the evening due to storms and it affects JB guess what, it will also affect BA,IB,AA,LH,VS and any other airline heading to Europe.

twinotter

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:05 am

JFKalumni wrote:
There’s a Mint A321 sitting inside the UPS Z4 ramp for the last two weeks undergoing #2 engine repairs. That’s ridiculous considering a large TechOps group with EBU and storekeepers available right across the river at JFK.

That aircraft (N981JT) was grounded after an engine-fire incident upon landing and subsequent NTSB investigation. It's not like they scheduled major engine repairs at EWR.

Abeam79

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:48 am

Right now B6 is asking for trouble dealing with Europe. Most European destinations are slot controlled with heavy financial penalties for missing your assigned departure / wheels up time. Not to mention the FAA ETOPS sign offs and maintenance scheduling for over water aircraft.

It would be a better and safer option to explore South America from MCO, FLL and SJU. A Caribbean island hopper with the E-190’s out of SJU is one idea. Another idea is using the A321XLR to reach GIG,GRU,POA and EZE with the additional fuel tank options. South America has more to offer B6 than the overly saturated transatlantic.[/quote]
What a tired, tired and lazy response this, no offense. By your logic then JetBlue shouldn’t even have bothered back in 2000 to start up a major operation out of the most congested air space and complex air space in New York? Why even do anything related to flying the type of flying they do? They’ve been successful by going up against these challenges and yes they fall on their face but they are huge and popular brand especially in the northeast.

SoCalFlyer

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:04 am

Our Flight Attendants are absolutely livid about this. As one posted said “going ballistic”. They have to cover EWR, and are only given a 2hr45M call out to cover it, from anywhere in the region. Imagine living on Long Island and you’re expected to get to EWR in that amount of time during rush hour or on public transportation. It has proven to be a nightmare. When hired JFK was for the last 20yrs the only base, now with EWR thrown in the mix, it’s caused pure chaos. They new hire reserves have been quitting left and right over this.

LAX772LR

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:08 am

tphuang wrote:

I'm from MSY, and still fly to/out of there a lot for various things, but been in LAX for the better part of a decade, and this is my permanent home.... where B6 supposedly has a hub, like just about everyone else, but still aren't that worthwhile to fly, unless you're going to the NE or Florida.

tphuang wrote:

No doubt you're correct. No airline can be everything to everyone (though the Big3 come close), I understand that. More of a lament, than an expectation, especially since B6 is now my secondary airline, as being with DL and them makes it easier to avoid the 737MAX for the next few years.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos