Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Fliplot

Re: Irish 8/21: Irish Aviation Thread - August 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:27 pm

LX timings are not great. But in late September/October they have double daily on certain days
If they had a night stop on the ZRH route, as they did in the past, it would be perdect. But would probably upset LH numbers.

seansasLCY

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:29 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Fliplot wrote:
Even if the SSJ had been certified for LCY I think Cityjet would have been in trouble. They had no spares for the aircraft and almost no chance of getting any.

In the 4 years they had the SSJ it was never certified for London City and I don't think it is yet? Maybe with the low capital costs of the SSJ and the lower fuel burn compared to the AVRO's they would have had some chance? I'd love to know why it never happened, was it performance off the aircraft itself, or were the payloads so heavily restricted that it wouldn't make sense.
Looking at CityJet, what choice did they have in 2012? Newly cut adrift from AF/KL and with an ageing fleet they needed something to compete with BA. The CS-100 or E-170/190 were the obvious choices, the C-series can only park on some stands, so not ideal for a based airline. Somehow they stitched together a deal for SSJ's which must have suite all parties. Shame that Sukhoi couldn't deliver a reliable aircraft, certify it for use at LCY and deliver spares in a timely manner.

I believe the SSJ certification at LCY was dependent on modifications to the plane. Some were done but I never saw the winglets appear.

Some of the requirements are mentioned here:
http://www.scac.ru/en/mediacenter/sukho ... -взл/2016/

It did operate from Stockholm Bromma so it met the noise requirements. I flew on it several times from Bromma but found it a bit basic. You had to duck going through the door and it didn’t really compare to the BA E170/E190s operating.

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:04 pm

seansasLCY wrote:
It did operate from Stockholm Bromma so it met the noise requirements. I flew on it several times from Bromma but found it a bit basic. You had to duck going through the door and it didn’t really compare to the BA E170/E190s operating.

I never managed to fly on one. I think cityJet flew them from Cork to LaRochelle, Nantes and Rennes. I think these might have been the only CityJet branded and operated SSJ flights. The SSJ is an interesting size aircraft for regional airports like Cork, but operational flexibility to operate across an airlines network was key here. As I recall the plan was to operate LCY-ORK with the SSJ and these French routes too. As it turns out 3x daily ORK-LCY was a bit ambitious and the route was killed off quite quickly on the AVRO and the French routes soon followed.

ClassicLover

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:10 pm

According to @Michaelkelly707 on Twitter (who is usually quite good for information on Irish aviation), the Aer Lingus lounge in Dublin is due to reopen on 1 September. I'm dying to see what they've done with it inside since the renovation.

EIBPI

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Probably 50-60 on today’s KIR-DUB. The flight departed 30 minutes late because we were waiting for one last passenger (according to the cockpit announcement) who I don’t think showed up in the the end.

BrianDromey wrote:
I never managed to fly on one. I think cityJet flew them from Cork to LaRochelle, Nantes and Rennes. I think these might have been the only CityJet branded and operated SSJ flights.

There were also a few SSJ Cityjet branded charter/one off flights including a Lapland flight from Kerry.

OA260

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:30 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
I'm dying to see what they've done with it inside since the renovation.

Well it won’t be like the SQ lounge at LHR T2 ;) Don’t expect too much .

Fliplot

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:33 pm

It was a decent lounge, layout and furniture wise, but crap food! It will be good if they have upped the food offering but sad if they have downgraded the space! I assume the renovation was required to increase capacity?

shamrock350

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
According to @Michaelkelly707 on Twitter (who is usually quite good for information on Irish aviation), the Aer Lingus lounge in Dublin is due to reopen on 1 September. I'm dying to see what they've done with it inside since the renovation.

I’m pretty sure it’s just new chairs and carpets, a minor tidy up and replacement of worn items and tired looking furniture. The overall style and offering will likely be the same unfortunately.

ClassicLover

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
I'm dying to see what they've done with it inside since the renovation.

Well it won’t be like the SQ lounge at LHR T2 ;) Don’t expect too much .

Hahaha! Imagine people's reaction if it was that good... hey, one can dream!!

Fliplot wrote:
It was a decent lounge, layout and furniture wise, but crap food! It will be good if they have upped the food offering but sad if they have downgraded the space! I assume the renovation was required to increase capacity?

It's always been a nice space, I just thought the layout was a bit silly having the food in right in the middle between two areas that people walk between. You are correct, apart from the soup (which is always good), the rest of the food was always very, very basic. But then, food in the Aer Lingus lounges has always been poor - at least for the 16 years I've been using them!

shamrock350 wrote:
[I’m pretty sure it’s just new chairs and carpets, a minor tidy up and replacement of worn items and tired looking furniture. The overall style and offering will likely be the same unfortunately.

That wouldn't surprise me too much really. We shall see... I'd love to book a flight to go see it, but I'm actually not scheduled to fly Aer Lingus again until April 2022, would you believe. There may be a trip to Amsterdam at Christmas, so I may get to see it this year, but we'll see.

OA260

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:39 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
. I'd love to book a flight to go see it, but I'm actually not scheduled to fly Aer Lingus again until April 2022, would you believe. There may be a trip to Amsterdam at Christmas, so I may get to see it this year, but we'll see.

Once you know it’s open for sure book a cheapo saver day trip to LGW . Stock up on duty free and that’s your fare covered :) Take 13/9 it’s €59 return

ClassicLover

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:58 pm

OA260 wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
. I'd love to book a flight to go see it, but I'm actually not scheduled to fly Aer Lingus again until April 2022, would you believe. There may be a trip to Amsterdam at Christmas, so I may get to see it this year, but we'll see.

Once you know it’s open for sure book a cheapo saver day trip to LGW . Stock up on duty free and that’s your fare covered :) Take 13/9 it’s €59 return

Yes, that was my thought, to book a cheap over and back to do that - looks like you've decided the destination for me :) Thanks for that!

nickya340

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:52 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
nickya340 wrote:
Did the KIR-DUB route yesterday. Better LF than the day before, 45-50 on board but tbh I don’t think it will ever get much higher than that.

It could well be that because the flights are in the middle of the day that they are less popular? Once they go to morning and evening from 1 September, that might be better placed to capture demand.

It's funny though, so many people have no idea about the two Irish domestic routes. I was telling someone at work yesterday and she was like, "Oh, that would be really handy, we live near DUB, so we could fly down rather than having to take the long train journey". Absolutely! Shame there is no promotion of them really.

Yes that would probably be the main reason. People who travel for business wouldn’t really want to be arriving into Kerry at 1pm or vice versa (DUB) at 2 pm, that wouldn’t leave much time left in the day by the time you leave the airport and get to the office.
As someone said here before- arriving at about 9am and going back at 7pm (schedule for September onwards) would allow for a full days work.

That’s true about it not being well known, unfortunately it’s only really aviation enthusiasts and some people who travel for work who know about the domestic flights.
I did a price comparison and the flight worked out cheaper then the train. I’d take the flight any day!

ClassicLover

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:08 pm

nickya340 wrote:
That’s true about it not being well known, unfortunately it’s only really aviation enthusiasts and some people who travel for work who know about the domestic flights.
I did a price comparison and the flight worked out cheaper then the train. I’d take the flight any day!

Maybe the Government should do some radio ads - I hardly think anyone is going to really know to go to the Amapola Flyg website to look for flights to Donegal :P

I agree, I'd fly Kerry any day of the week over the train. When I did it, the train was €24.95 and the flight was €19.99, so it certainly was cheaper. You can save plenty of time by arriving at the airport just before flight time too, so it's a winner in my opinion.

factsonly

Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:15 pm

KLM launches a 2nd peak summer frequency AMS-ORK-AMS on Weekends in August:

- KL1088 ORK 13.05 - AMS 15.55 E190 Daily
- KL1090 ORK 16.10 - AMS 19.00 E175 Saturday from August 14, Sunday starts August 22nd, 2021

- KL1087 AMS 11:45 - ORK 12:35 E190 Daily
- KL1089 AMS 14:50 - ORK 15:40 E175 Saturday from August 14, Sunday starts August 22nd, 2021

http://www.corkairport.com

Fliplot

Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:27 pm

There will be little left for EI at ORK, which will be a great pity! Unless that is the plan?

OA260

Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:57 pm

It seems TUI have axed their DUB - BOJ flights for September .

OA260

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:37 pm

‘We’ve had US presidents, a wedding... even a baby born’ – on her last day, meet the woman who made Dublin Airport magic happen
Siobhán O’Donnell – the public face and voice of Dublin Airport – is taking off

www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/weve ... 50192.html

nickya340

Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
nickya340 wrote:

Maybe the Government should do some radio ads - I hardly think anyone is going to really know to go to the Amapola Flyg website to look for flights to Donegal :P

I agree, I'd fly Kerry any day of the week over the train. When I did it, the train was €24.95 and the flight was €19.99, so it certainly was cheaper. You can save plenty of time by arriving at the airport just before flight time too, so it's a winner in my opinion.

Yeah adds would be a great idea (not that the transport minister would want to advertise air travel though)

If Ryanair weren’t so strict on luggage maybe more families would use the KIR route for staycations (no worries for tests or quarantine) but that goes back to not many people knowing about the route(s).

neutral

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
‘We’ve had US presidents, a wedding... even a baby born’ – on her last day, meet the woman who made Dublin Airport magic happen
Siobhán O’Donnell – the public face and voice of Dublin Airport – is taking off

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ne ... 50192.html

Good news to hear 40,000 passengers now passing daily through Dublin should keep improving into September and October and probably level off after that.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Why do EI's two weekend daily DUB-BOS flights depart within 20mins of each other (EI133 at 14:20 and EI137 at 14:45)? Bit unusual.

TUGMASTER

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:38 pm

Not as unusual as your math.
25 mins perhaps… lol

EIBPI

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Ryanair have changed the schedule of the morning weekday DUB-KIR-DUB starting from 01/09 to an hour later than previously timetabled.

DUB-KIR 08:05-09:00
KIR-DUB 09:25-10:00

Rather odd because one of the criticisms of the previously published schedule was the already the late Dublin arrival of 09:00.
Last edited by EIBPI on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickya340

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:52 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Why do EI's two weekend daily DUB-BOS flights depart within 20mins of each other (EI133 at 14:20 and EI137 at 14:45)? Bit unusual.

Maybe it’s to allow for timely connections in DUB?
enough time to connect in Dublin to fit in with EI’s (reduced) schedule from Europe, that way they’d catch demand from late morning or noon arriving flights into DUB. So afternoon flights to BOS are ideal and there is demand for more than 1 flight?

That’s just a thought that I had. It is weird because usually the earlier flight was at about 11 or something?

OA260

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:54 am

Dublin Airport slammed for referring to Irish Paralympian's wheelchair as 'baggage' in tweet

The Dublin Airport account then issued an apology for the language used in the tweet

www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dubl ... 761048.amp

--

A NEW direct service to Glasgow has taken off from George Best Belfast City Airport, run by BA CityFlyer, a wholly-owned subsidiary of British Airways

www.irishnews.com/business/2021/08/04/n ... t-2407635/

EIBPI

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:07 am

EIBPI wrote:
Ryanair have changed the schedule of the morning weekday DUB-KIR-DUB starting from 01/09 to an hour later than previously timetabled.

Correction because I cannot edit the post. That 10:00 is meant to be 10:20.

REMan

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:24 am

shamrock350 wrote:
EIBPI wrote:
I fear the whole delay in finding a Stobart replacement (and whatever role EI might have had in letting them go bankrupt in the first place with a view to enabling a new cheaper operator to come along) may now not provide the most strategically positive outcome.

I think we need to move past this narrative that Aer Lingus let Stobart go bankrupt. It’s a serious stretch to suggest as such.

Stobart was an independent business that had made repeated strategic mistakes, they regularly took their eye off the ball and ended up in trouble. Stobart was on a shaky ground long before Emerald came along, they were fearful of having to compete for the contract renewal before anyone else had even expressed public interest.

The travel restrictions are what finished Stobart off, they were still in full contract with Aer Lingus and had the best part two years to get their house in order before the contract came to an end.

This idea that Aer Lingus practically orchestrated the collapse but are somehow to blame for not having a back up fully operational turboprop carrier ready and waiting from day one simply doesn’t make sense.

But EI very much DID contribute to Stobart going to the wall. EI handled all of the bookings, see them as a payment processor on behalf of Stobart Air. EI used to hand these receipts over promptly enabling successful cashflow. When COVID hit, they started to turn the screw on Stobart to preserve their own cash and in the couple of months leading up to RE's collapse, cash receipts from EI to RE were heavily reduced because EI were holding on to cash for much longer than pre-COVID.

From what I know, saw and also heard: when the takeover was going through for RE, individuals at EI were being intentionally obstructive to do everything he could to stop the takeover from happening. I mean, we all know where that ended up anyway for whatever reason...

But Esken were selling Stobart Air as a 'golden egg', all the financials showed the airline business had a sound future. I wasn't so convinced and management was disjointed at best in the airline itself. Andy J and Gavin C were a pair and shared very little.

I think there's a mixture here of EI turning the screw, Ettyl having their own unexpected issues and Esken being a basketcase financially.

ClassicLover

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:05 pm

REMan wrote:
But EI very much DID contribute to Stobart going to the wall. EI handled all of the bookings, see them as a payment processor on behalf of Stobart Air. EI used to hand these receipts over promptly enabling successful cashflow. When COVID hit, they started to turn the screw on Stobart to preserve their own cash and in the couple of months leading up to RE's collapse, cash receipts from EI to RE were heavily reduced because EI were holding on to cash for much longer than pre-COVID.

That sounds like speculation. Two things spring to mind on what you've said. If EI were within their contractual terms regarding passing on payments, no harm done - even if that was slower than previously. I am not privy to the details, so it could be either way. Secondly, considering there was almost no flying happening in the head up to Stobart's collapse, I am not at all surprised cash receipts were heavily reduced. Interesting take though - I imagine more details will fall out as time passes.

REMan

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:01 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
REMan wrote:

That sounds like speculation. Two things spring to mind on what you've said. If EI were within their contractual terms regarding passing on payments, no harm done - even if that was slower than previously. I am not privy to the details, so it could be either way. Secondly, considering there was almost no flying happening in the head up to Stobart's collapse, I am not at all surprised cash receipts were heavily reduced. Interesting take though - I imagine more details will fall out as time passes.

I don't know the exact change but pre-COVID, EI would hand cash from customers over to RE as the customers booked even if travel was in many months time and payments were regular. More recently it changed to X period of time after the customer flew because with COVID people always cancelling travel last minute or changing plans last minute.

It was done to help EIs own cash problems at a time RE had its own cash problems to manage. A small change- which playing devil's advocate makes sense given the ever changing COVID climate - but made a huge difference to cash flow.

Not speculating: Aer Lingus were financially invested in Emerald and there are certain individuals in that organisation pictured with Connor in their announcement that actively worked to stifle Stobart Air succeeding through the pandemic and takeover.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:31 pm

EIBPI wrote:

Rather odd because one of the criticisms of the previously published schedule was the already the late Dublin arrival of 09:00.

The old times are still on the FR website...will this be changed soon?

Edit: looks like the time change is only temporary as I'm looking at flights in late October and they've reverted back to the original times (i.e. 08:05 departure from KIR).

EISG1129

Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:45 pm

I made two return flights with Aer Arann Islands this week, Connemara to Inis Oírr and return, as well as Connemara to Inis Meáin and return. All 4 of my flights were fully booked (I'm conscious it only takes 8 passengers to fill a Britten Norman Islander, but nonetheless it's good to see). From the time I spent in Connemara Airport waiting to depart, the Inis Mór route also seemed to be a busy, with additional departures added.

Speaking to staff, they indicated that they are doing a roaring trade amongst domestic tourists this summer. It's certainly good to see the air routes out to off-shore islands being actively used by domestic tourists as well as islanders themselves.

I was surprised to learn that one of the aircraft I flew on, EI-AYN, appears to have been manufactured approximately 47 years ago, having been built in 1974 according to this source: https://www.flyinginireland.com/registe ... ion=EI-AYN

I wondor what plans, if any, Aer Arann Islands have for the future in terms of replacement aircraft. They only have a fleet of 3 planes, and they appear quite actively used on a daily basis flying between Connemara Airport and the three islands. The Britten Norman Islander is quite a workhorse to be flying constantly for 47 years.

OA260

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:22 am

Aer Lingus resumes flights to Washington

Aer Lingus has resumed flying on the Dublin to Washington route four times weekly even though US travel restrictions remain in place.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1241041/

--

Dublin Airport TikTok reveals hilariously shocking queue for pre-flight pints in terminal pub

At 4:30am many holidaymakers had the same thought as they decided to line up for that first taste of freedom - a pint in a Dublin terminal

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubl ... 318741.amp

The long lines used to be at immigration now its the airport bars !

shamrock350

Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Emerald’s call sign will be ‘Gemstone’ and as mentioned previously, Aer Lingus UK will use ‘Green Flight’ as its call sign.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/med ... 0_Aug_2021)_Signed.pdf

Fliplot

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:52 pm

How Irish and appropriate - queues at a pub! Parts of Europe are open to us but we dont fly there but we do fly to Washington which is not open to us. Must be an Irish theme.

Clydenairways

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:53 pm

EISG1129 wrote:
I made two return flights with Aer Arann Islands this week, Connemara to Inis Oírr and return, as well as Connemara to Inis Meáin and return. All 4 of my flights were fully booked (I'm conscious it only takes 8 passengers to fill a Britten Norman Islander, but nonetheless it's good to see). From the time I spent in Connemara Airport waiting to depart, the Inis Mór route also seemed to be a busy, with additional departures added.

Speaking to staff, they indicated that they are doing a roaring trade amongst domestic tourists this summer. It's certainly good to see the air routes out to off-shore islands being actively used by domestic tourists as well as islanders themselves.

I was surprised to learn that one of the aircraft I flew on, EI-AYN, appears to have been manufactured approximately 47 years ago, having been built in 1974 according to this source: https://www.flyinginireland.com/registe ... ion=EI-AYN

I wondor what plans, if any, Aer Arann Islands have for the future in terms of replacement aircraft. They only have a fleet of 3 planes, and they appear quite actively used on a daily basis flying between Connemara Airport and the three islands. The Britten Norman Islander is quite a workhorse to be flying constantly for 47 years.

Tecnam P2012 Traveller is probably the modern replacement

shamrock350

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Aer Lingus returned to London Gatwick today, twice daily at the moment. Hopefully the Knock service can resume once the frequencies are ramped up, I believe it was previously on a W pattern?

Phen

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
Aer Lingus returned to London Gatwick today, twice daily at the moment. Hopefully the Knock service can resume once the frequencies are ramped up, I believe it was previously on a W pattern?

Correct yes it was DUB-LGW-NOC-LGW-DUB. I'd be surprised to see it come back before next summer to be honest, but I hope I'm wrong.

OA260

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Good to see LGW back usually my airport of choice although over the last few months I got used to LHR and while the A330/321NEO are on it will probably stick with that due to superior Aerspace product. Enjoying it while it lasts and good to tick off some Regs that were missing from my log .

factsonly

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:18 am

Question: Does anyone know what an Aer Lingus four thousand series flight number means?

- 16 Aug 2021 EI4604 DUB 13.05 - AMS 15.12 A320 EI-DEK
- 16 Aug 2021 EI4605 AMS 16.11 - DUB 16.25 A320 EI-DEK

Is this additional scheduled capacity or a special charter flight?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dek

OA260

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:49 am

A long-term cost deal between Ryanair and Shannon Airport is expected to result in the addition of increased routes at the International Airport.

www.clareecho.ie/long-term-cost-deal-be ... -services/

--

Renewed calls to stop letting US troops use Shannon Airport

www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40360724.html?type=amp

--

Four new destinations for 'Winter Sun' holidays announced from Belfast International Airport

www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news ... 324544.amp

Some good news that Jet2 are ramping up their Winter program from BFS .

BrianDromey

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:59 am

SNN-LHR appears to be back in the Schedule from 13th September. Initially twice daily but rapidly up to three daily. It’s convenient while the runway at Cork is closed but that seems to have restored the service to pre-pandemic levels. Great for SNN.

OA260 wrote:
A long-term cost deal between Ryanair and Shannon Airport is expected to result in the addition of increased routes at the International Airport.

http://www.clareecho.ie/long-term-cost- ... -services/

This is an interesting article. Shannon has offered FR a cracking deal, I’m sure it’s available to other airlines too. FR have reopened the base at SNN for the umpteenth time. Cork and Dublin have taken a different view and aren’t giving away their product. Ryanair are still operating at Cork and newer airlines like Swiss, Lufthansa, Air France and KLM are increasing services. Volotea are back for summer 22 as well.

In all honestly I think a mix of airlines is far better for the airport than one dominant, extremely low cost airline.

JAmie2k9

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:31 am

FR add DUB-Cardiff x4 weekly from October 31st.

LH982

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:57 am

factsonly wrote:
Question: Does anyone know what an Aer Lingus four thousand series flight number means?

- 16 Aug 2021 EI4604 DUB 13.05 - AMS 15.12 A320 EI-DEK
- 16 Aug 2021 EI4605 AMS 16.11 - DUB 16.25 A320 EI-DEK

Is this additional scheduled capacity or a special charter flight?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dek

4xxx were always used for one off charters, such as rugby matches. They seem similar to 2xxx numbers, but more rarely used

wexfordflyer

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:46 am

OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Good to see LGW back usually my airport of choice although over the last few months I got used to LHR and while the A330/321NEO are on it will probably stick with that due to superior Aerspace product. Enjoying it while it lasts and good to tick off some Regs that were missing from my log .

I'm going over to London in a couple of weeks and going through LGW. I haven't flown to LGW in a good few years (STN usually handier for where I'm going) so I'm looking forward to it. I see the Gatwick Express isn't running at the moment. What's best way getting to and from the airport you would recommend?

LH982

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am

wexfordflyer wrote:
OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

I'm going over to London in a couple of weeks and going through LGW. I haven't flown to LGW in a good few years (STN usually handier for where I'm going) so I'm looking forward to it. I see the Gatwick Express isn't running at the moment. What's best way getting to and from the airport you would recommend?

Southern trains are still operating as normal from Gatwick to Victoria, so you still have 3 or 4 trains per hour

OA260

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:58 am

wexfordflyer wrote:
OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

As already mentioned Southern Trains operate a good service and frequent. You can download their App and a more general one is National Rail .

---

Not sure if this was already mentioned but AA have axed DUB-PHL for November and a mate of mine told me more frequencies will be cut over the Winter.

BrianDromey

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:23 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:

The southern services are quite considerably cheaper than the Gatwick Express, despite the negligible difference in journey time and frequency. The Gatwick Express has essentially become the fast London-Brighton service, rather than a dedicated airport service as the Heathrow Express is.

OA260

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:48 pm

EK to commence daily DUB-DXB from 5th October up from 6 pw which will commence from 16th September.

ClassicLover

Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:49 pm

OA260 wrote:
Not sure if this was already mentioned but AA have axed DUB-PHL for November and a mate of mine told me more frequencies will be cut over the Winter.

Not surprised, I had an AA flight LHR-JFK cancelled the other day for January (the mid-afternoon departure).

Looks like the tweaking of the schedule is in progress.

IrishLessor

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 pm

REMan wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
REMan wrote:

I don't know the exact change but pre-COVID, EI would hand cash from customers over to RE as the customers booked even if travel was in many months time and payments were regular. More recently it changed to X period of time after the customer flew because with COVID people always cancelling travel last minute or changing plans last minute.

It was done to help EIs own cash problems at a time RE had its own cash problems to manage. A small change- which playing devil's advocate makes sense given the ever changing COVID climate - but made a huge difference to cash flow.

Not speculating: Aer Lingus were financially invested in Emerald and there are certain individuals in that organisation pictured with Connor in their announcement that actively worked to stifle Stobart Air succeeding through the pandemic and takeover.

More speculation about Aer Lingus and what supposedly went on with Stobart. Totally incomplete and skewed picture of what went on.

OA260

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:39 pm

Republic’s air travel hits 50% of pre-pandemic traffic
Sector reaches benchmark four weeks after coronavirus restrictions eased by Coalition

www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-s ... 8?mode=amp

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos