Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

neutral

Re: Irish 8/21: Irish Aviation Thread - August 2021

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:16 pm

[quote="OA260"]A long-term cost deal between Ryanair and Shannon Airport is expected to result in the addition of increased routes at the International Airport.

http://www.clareecho.ie/long-term-cost- ... -services/

I think pre covid Dublin was Ryanair's best airport revenue profit per passenger nearly twice as much as Stansted so hence the reason I would think Ryanair have kept a lot of their flights operating from Dublin and I'm sure the DAA are well aware of that and at the same time thankful to Ryanair for their traffic levels through Dublin. I'm sure the management at Ryanair are looking at increasing their percentage of short haul passengers flying to Dublin as well due to the fact Aer Lingus appear to be a lot more cautious on re-staring flights etc.

LAXffDUB

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Just came off a flight at LAX. Noticed that all EI signage (roadway and terminal) along with logos have been throughly scrubbed off. Does anyone know if they have given up on restoring the route?

ClassicLover

Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:26 pm

LAXffDUB wrote:
Just came off a flight at LAX. Noticed that all EI signage (roadway and terminal) along with logos have been throughly scrubbed off. Does anyone know if they have given up on restoring the route?

It will come back, for sure. It was the only west coast route that survived through the last downturn. I'd say LAX are just being efficient and removing it now and they'll replace them when they come back. No use having airline logos and signage when the airline is not flying.

Fliplot

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:48 pm

Maybe no sign no pay? As the numbers at DAA are increasing maybe LAX will return soon?

kaitak

Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 am

Has anyone tried the new "VeriFly" app? I downloaded it, but it won't scan either of my travel passes - the Covid cert or the Portuguese locator form. Not too impressed with it, to be honest!

I already have the Covid pass scanned to my Covid tracker app, so not really worried about that.

I take it online check in is still not available?

Travelling to Portugal tomorrow morning, my first flight in over 18 months, so looking forward to it very much!

OA260

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:19 am

kaitak wrote:
Has anyone tried the new "VeriFly" app? I downloaded it, but it won't scan either of my travel passes - the Covid cert or the Portuguese locator form. Not too impressed with it, to be honest!

I have given up on it and have had same issues. To be honest it does not really change your travel experience. Online check in is available . They will check your DCC and locator form at the gate . The same for coming back.

OA260

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 am

Aer Lingus website has crashed. No one can book flights or access other services.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:11 am

ClassicLover wrote:
LAXffDUB wrote:

It will come back, for sure. It was the only west coast route that survived through the last downturn. I'd say LAX are just being efficient and removing it now and they'll replace them when they come back. No use having airline logos and signage when the airline is not flying.

Actually during the last downturn, LAX was cut from March 2009 until March 2016. You might be thinking of SFO which had a more brief cession in service.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am

kaitak wrote:

I already have the Covid pass scanned to my Covid tracker app, so not really worried about that.

I take it online check in is still not available?

Travelling to Portugal tomorrow morning, my first flight in over 18 months, so looking forward to it very much!

I used it both directions on my recent AA DUB-ORD flights. Seemed to work fine and scanned everything as it was supposed to.

shamrock350

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:16 am

LAXffDUB wrote:

Aren’t they moving terminals at LAX? Earlier this year it was revealed they were one of a few airlines offered incentives to move into the new T1.5 complex at LAX which includes a new check in area, a midfield satellite concourse and dreaded bus gates!

I’m not sure if this made much progress, whether Aer Lingus found the bus gates appealing is doubtful but the incentives may have swung it for them.

Even if they aren’t moving, was it the new or old logo they were removing? A few places hadn’t got around to replacing signage with the new branding by the time the pandemic hit so it was paused.

kaitak

Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm

Apparently strong indications that US will open to Irish (&other European) travellers from Labor Day (sept 6).

ClassicLover

Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:28 pm

kaitak wrote:
Apparently strong indications that US will open to Irish (&other European) travellers from Labor Day (sept 6).

Strong indications from where?? Give me a source!! (it's like a lifeboat during the sinking of the Titanic - get me the details!) :)

OA260

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:05 pm

Teen plane spotters glad to be back at Dublin Airport

One month after restrictions were eased, it is not just air passengers who have been enjoying the resumption of non-essential international travel.

www.rte.ie/news/2021/0817/1241358-teen-plane-spotters/

sdbelgium

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:11 pm

OA260 wrote:
Four new destinations for 'Winter Sun' holidays announced from Belfast International Airport

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfa ... 324544.amp

Some good news that Jet2 are ramping up their Winter program from BFS .

Keep in mind these releases are directed towards Winter 22/23, not the Winter season that starts in 2,5 months...

ClassicLover

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 pm

OA260 wrote:
Teen plane spotters glad to be back at Dublin Airport

One month after restrictions were eased, it is not just air passengers who have been enjoying the resumption of non-essential international travel.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0817/124135 ... -spotters/

That's a cool little piece! I always see the spotters, especially when I'm landing in Dublin :) I've known some spotters in my time, they're always fun to geek out with. I wonder if any of them are on here...

kaitak

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:00 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Strong indications from where?? Give me a source!! (it's like a lifeboat during the sinking of the Titanic - get me the details!) :)

Eogan Corry on Twitter, quoting Brian Finn on RTE's Morning Ireland.

LAXffDUB

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:37 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
LAXffDUB wrote:

Aren’t they moving terminals at LAX? Earlier this year it was revealed they were one of a few airlines offered incentives to move into the new T1.5 complex at LAX which includes a new check in area, a midfield satellite concourse and dreaded bus gates!

I’m not sure if this made much progress, whether Aer Lingus found the bus gates appealing is doubtful but the incentives may have swung it for them.

Even if they aren’t moving, was it the new or old logo they were removing? A few places hadn’t got around to replacing signage with the new branding by the time the pandemic hit so it was paused.

I'm hoping this is only a hiatus and they do return, soon! But it is kind of ominous. The airport authority seems to have removed anything associated with EI. I do wonder about them moving terminals though. When the "terminal shuffle" happened not too long ago they were supposed to move to the TBIT. Instead they stayed put in T2 and were surrounded by Delta along with other Skyteam carriers; quite isolated from their IAG siblings along with any anticipated oneworld association. Perhaps they may opt to use the B6 facilities instead when they return?

JAmie2k9

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:42 pm

LAXffDUB wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
LAXffDUB wrote:

I'm hoping this is only a hiatus and they do return, soon! But it is kind of ominous. The airport authority seems to have removed anything associated with EI. I do wonder about them moving terminals though. When the "terminal shuffle" happened not too long ago they were supposed to move to the TBIT. Instead they stayed put in T2 and were surrounded by Delta along with other Skyteam carriers; quite isolated from their IAG siblings along with any anticipated oneworld association. Perhaps they may opt to use the B6 facilities instead when they return?

They will be departing from TBIT however not sure if that will be via bus from 1.5 or full move. It will probably be 2022 before they return and which terminal could change by then.

BrianDromey

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:57 pm

I had a great flight on EI-DEO, the green spirit jet without its players. By coincidence it was parked up next to -DEI at ORK and that one retains its players. I must say the crew on-board were fantastic, immaculately presented as were the aircraft, the mood lighting helps to modernise the cabin, for example.
There is no getting away from a. few issues with the overall experience. The booking and check-in online or App interfaces are old fashioned and not very user friendly. I still don't think the new rules around the cabin baggage policy are clear enough during booking and on the confirmation e-mails. The policy does seem to make boarding and disembarking easier though.
Overall the short-haul experience feels just a notch above Ryanair, which is probably enough to keep people happy.
Any changes I can think of over the past 10-15 years have been implemented after Ryanair introduced a version. New Uniforms, Mood Lighting, in-app check-in, various iterations of baggage rules, seat selection charges all feel like they have been rolled out "because Ryanair have done it, we better too". It feels like no-one has walked through the whole EI customer experience from booking online to picking up their bag on arrival and that really shows.
EI really need to be thinking about their next generation product, things like USB power and WiFi will be traded against 186CY and space flex galleys. They have shown they can produce an attractive and modern product with the A321LR and the Business Class cabin, it time to pay some attention to short haul and digital channels, I think.

kaitak wrote:

That would be good news and earlier than I anticipated earlier in the thread, perhaps to deflect attention form other areas of foreign policy? I do hope that the US will be open to vaccinated travellers by Thanksgiving, in any case.

kaitak

Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:57 pm

I understand EI is to return to SEA and LAX in late October, and SFO in early October.

OA260

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:38 am

City of Derry Airport announce summer sun flights to Majorca and the Algarve for 2022

www.derryjournal.com/news/transport/cit ... 349569?amp

--

WATCH: Laois Historian reveals importance of Portlaoise in Irish aviation history

www.leinsterexpress.ie/video/multimedia ... story.html

--

wexfordflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 am

LH982 wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Good to see LGW back usually my airport of choice although over the last few months I got used to LHR and while the A330/321NEO are on it will probably stick with that due to superior Aerspace product. Enjoying it while it lasts and good to tick off some Regs that were missing from my log .

I'm going over to London in a couple of weeks and going through LGW. I haven't flown to LGW in a good few years (STN usually handier for where I'm going) so I'm looking forward to it. I see the Gatwick Express isn't running at the moment. What's best way getting to and from the airport you would recommend?

Southern trains are still operating as normal from Gatwick to Victoria, so you still have 3 or 4 trains per hour

Super - thanks.

Although EI have just changed the flights from 17.15 to 21.20, so I'll most likely be cancelling and flying from elsewhere!

OA260

Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 am

kaitak wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Eogan Corry on Twitter, quoting Brian Finn on RTE's Morning Ireland.

VS are after cancelling more of their TATL flights some until end of September on leisure routes. Hard to know and in reality no one knows . Its pure speculation.

JAmie2k9

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:09 pm

kaitak wrote:
I understand EI is to return to SEA and LAX in late October, and SFO in early October.

Don't think it will happen, focus on SFO and revisit the others in May 2022 unless there will be a major upturn in demand if the US opens in early September.

BrianDromey

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:45 pm

OA260 wrote:
VS are after cancelling more of their TATL flights some until end of September on leisure routes. Hard to know and in reality no one knows . Its pure speculation.

The outlook for US-EU travel isn't great today. The US is grappling with the Delta variant, which is proving problematic in several states in terms of hospital capacity. They have announced that masks will be required on public transport, in airports and on aircraft until at least January 2022. While most of the cases are in the unvaccinated there are some failures of vaccination and some speculation in the press today that the effectiveness of vaccines is finite. How long protection lasts is anyone's guess. What Beta (UK) and Delta (India) variants suggest is that an outbreak in large populations, of largely unvaccinated people is the ideal breeding ground for variants. It's going to come down to the benefit of boosting already vaccinated people in developed countries or getting developing countries vaccinated.

Eirules

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Any ideas why today’s EI 764 to TFN was diverted to ACE?

OA260

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Eirules wrote:

High winds tried a few times to land then low fuel so diverted . The Canaries have had unusually high temperatures 40c + and high winds .

Eirules

Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:28 pm

OA260 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

High winds tried a few times to land then low fuel so diverted . The Canaries have had unusually high temperatures 40c + and high winds .

Yeah we’re in Lanzarote at the moment & it’s ridiculously hot. It hit 49c here the other day. I see the return to DUB has now been cancelled, presumably crew out of hours

dergay

Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Eirules wrote:

When did EI switch to TFN?

Eirules

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:57 pm

dergay wrote:
Eirules wrote:

When did EI switch to TFN?

Sorry meant TFS

OA260

Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:26 am

Ryanair flight bound for Dublin Airport forced to divert back to London after mid-air emergency

www.irishmirror.ie/news/ryanair-flight- ... 799363.amp

---

City of Derry Airport announce summer flights to Majorca and Algarve for 2022

www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ire ... 340997.amp

Hopefully LDY will pick up a few more routes going forward even if just seasonal .

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:06 am

OA260 wrote:

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/north ... 340997.amp

Hopefully LDY will pick up a few more routes going forward even if just seasonal .

Is there any indication of who will operate these flights? Volotea comes to mind. Are Hifly and whatever Iberworld have become (Orbest?, Evelop??, Iberiojet???) still doing this kind of work?

OA260

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:10 am

BrianDromey wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Is there any indication of who will operate these flights? Volotea comes to mind. Are Hifly and whatever Iberworld have become (Orbest?, Evelop??, Iberiojet???) still doing this kind of work?

Your probably right a Spanish charter as times for PMI are :

Departing from City of Derry Airport 17:35
Departing from Palma Airport 07:00

EIEIDW

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:04 am

BrianDromey wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Derry Airport mentioned on Twitter that Alba Star will be operating the routes.

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:06 am

OA260 wrote:
Your probably right a Spanish charter as times for PMI are :

Departing from City of Derry Airport 17:35
Departing from Palma Airport 07:00

The PMI wikipedia page indicated AlbaStar will be operating the flights. Volotea don't have a crew base at PMI, which surprised me. The same page does mention a PMI-ORK charter, references the TUI booking engine. I think thats been going for a few years now and probably why I assumed Volotea for the LDY flights.

Beaten to it! Fair play.

shamrock321

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:36 pm

The US has just announced an extension of the restrictions in place on the Canada and Mexico borders…I would say the chances of the US being open to Irish tourists on labour day is practically zero..

shamrock350

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:59 pm

What a difference six months makes, not so long ago we were being lectured about how the US was open and ready for business while we were twiddling our thumbs and heading for economic disaster. Now we’re the ones banging on the door to be let in…

This does not bode well for any transatlantic airline, it’s certainly bad news for Aer Lingus UK which probably can’t afford another delay to operations.

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:19 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
This does not bode well for any transatlantic airline, it’s certainly bad news for Aer Lingus UK which probably can’t afford another delay to operations.

It is certainly not good. The only obvious bright spot is the Caribbean flights, but thats only a few flights a week. I don't think anyone can be quite sure what the situation with Aer Lingus UK is. Was it primarily driven by EI wanting too diversify from DUB, or driven by IAG wanting to protect the UK market? Level and Vueling don't seem to be the brands to do that, the LRs and A333s seem about the right size, BA's 777s are a bit big for the routes currently proposed for EIUK. Im still not 100% convinced that EI is the best pick for a MAN base, but the industrial relation implications of EI operating as BA at MAN are fairly obvious.

OA260

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Dublin Airport facing potential industrial action, as unions to ballot members
Unite and Connect to hold vote among craft workers, including airfield electricians

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-n ... 2?mode=amp

shamrock350

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:52 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

It is certainly not good. The only obvious bright spot is the Caribbean flights, but thats only a few flights a week. I don't think anyone can be quite sure what the situation with Aer Lingus UK is. Was it primarily driven by EI wanting too diversify from DUB, or driven by IAG wanting to protect the UK market? Level and Vueling don't seem to be the brands to do that, the LRs and A333s seem about the right size, BA's 777s are a bit big for the routes currently proposed for EIUK. Im still not 100% convinced that EI is the best pick for a MAN base, but the industrial relation implications of EI operating as BA at MAN are fairly obvious.

I feel expanding into the UK market is something Aer Lingus has always had a desire for, a transatlantic base was first hinted at quite a few years ago now, maybe even before the IAG take over and certainly once the A321LR had been ordered. On paper it seems like a natural progression for Aer Lingus but history has taught us it isn’t always so easy, the original Manchester 5th freedom operation was actually relatively successful but was a product of the times, it was soon made redundant by the opening up of the European market. The Belfast base was plagued by low yields vs Dublin and a poor choice of initial routes, AMS without a KL codeshare was never going to work for example. They found a niche in BHD where a premium can be charged on LHR and they’re a well respected carrier on the route. The Gatwick base was poorly timed, launched in the middle of a global financial crisis and at a time when Aer Lingus was loss making and going through an identity crisis following the Dermot Mannion era. It was no surprise Christoph Mueller pulled the plug as quickly as he could. On the plus side, the product, the fares and the routes were all well received and many, if not all the routes Aer Lingus launched were eventually taken up by more established carriers once they pulled out.

The MAN base seems to follow an eerily similar pattern to the LGW failure, launched in the middle of another crisis and at a time when the airline is loss making but the differences this time around is brand awareness, it won’t be the first airline that comes to mind for UK fliers but it has built a strong reputation as an affordable transatlantic carrier over the years and many will have already flown the product via Dublin and be aware of them. The airline is also loss making for very different reasons, there is no underlying financial difficulty at Aer Lingus this time around, it’s loss making purely because of the pandemic and is otherwise a remarkably well run business. The route choices seem sound enough and the product is definitely good enough.

The time it took to get all the required approvals went against them, now they seem slow to implement their own requests that needed those approvals in the first place, the BA codeshare for example is still nowhere to be seen? Granted I live in London but I’ve seen zero local marketing for the routes?

I feel they may have rushed into MAN with the idea that a US-UK corridor was inevitable and while the Ireland-US market could take years to recover, the UK one would be faster but the continued closure of the US to foreign travellers throws a spanner in the works. It may end up being the case that those A330s and A321s make just as much money flying from Dublin to the US as they will flying from MAN to the US by the borders are opened.

BrianDromey

Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28 pm

It looks like Ryanair’s Belfast City routes are no longer on sale from the 12th September. That’s an experiment that didn’t last long. It’s slightly baffling choice essentially duplicate the routes from Belfast International, down to the days of operation. Not offering any flights to GB is also strange. Was there some danger that easyJet or IAG might open European routes from City that spooked Ryanair?

Vicenza

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:08 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
It looks like Ryanair’s Belfast City routes are no longer on sale from the 12th September. That’s an experiment that didn’t last long. It’s slightly baffling choice essentially duplicate the routes from Belfast International, down to the days of operation. Not offering any flights to GB is also strange. Was there some danger that easyJet or IAG might open European routes from City that spooked Ryanair?

Not sure why such would 'spook' Ryanair though, and more probable from past experience, O'Leary didn't get something he wanted.

Allanc1987

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:53 pm

BrianDromey wrote:

Possibly the Belfast City Flights might been to push Belfast International in to a new deal, airport fees arrangement coming to end?
Seems there is slots for Winter 2021 to MAN and STN allocated for Ryan Air UK

OA260

Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:46 am

I had another pleasant flight on the 321NEO to LHR.
Free drinks and snacks from the Bia offering although the crew must have been newly back as one had to comfirm with the other that it was indeed complimentary in Aerspace. The loads are getting better over the last few weeks. My flight had 98. Obviously no where near its usual pre covid figure but a lot better then the under 30 we saw in the Spring.

EIBPI

Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:08 pm

Seems like Ryanair have had another round of tweaking the Dublin - Kerry timetable.

The later weekday arrival in a Kerry (09:35) and Dublin (10:55) has been extended to the end of October.

Good luck to them.

OA260

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:47 am

Eoghan O'Mara Walsh: Aviation is key to recovery of tourism
Irish Tourism Industry Confederation chief says failing to provide for the recovery of air connections will cause long-term damage

www.irishexaminer.com/business/economy/ ... l?type=amp

BrianDromey

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:12 am

shamrock350 wrote:
I feel they may have rushed into MAN with the idea that a US-UK corridor was inevitable and while the Ireland-US market could take years to recover, the UK one would be faster but the continued closure of the US to foreign travellers throws a spanner in the works. It may end up being the case that those A330s and A321s make just as much money flying from Dublin to the US as they will flying from MAN to the US by the borders are opened.

I don't think we will ever know where the truth lies, but it's fun to speculate. Is it realistic that EI would have a transatlantic fleet approaching 30 aircraft? With around 12 A333as and 14A321s? That seems like a big fleet for EI, even in the best of times. Are there really that many non-BOS/NYC/CHI East Coast routes that EI could deploy them on from DUB? How many would work year round? Even taking 2 aircraft for Shannon out of the picture, a wild dream for one at Cork and a spare, thats 10 city pairs.
There is no doubt that IAG were focussed on Norwegian and their operations from Ireland and the UK. How much of the EI base at MAN is driven by IAG, or EI's own ideas is difficult to know. IAG will have to been involved at some level, the start-up losses and being part of the Atlantic JV are bound to have been considered too?

Vicenza wrote:
Not sure why such would 'spook' Ryanair though, and more probable from past experience, O'Leary didn't get something he wanted.

Spook was probably the wrong term, Ryanair might have decided to get in ahead of other operators on a host of sun routes. Maybe someone like Volotea or Vueling. The route choices are just a bit odd for Ryanair, especially as they have tried BHD before and were, very publicly, not happy with the operational constraints at BHD. At the time they claimed to be blocking 'up to 16' seats on length routes such as BRS, EMA, GLA and STN. I know they have taken delivery of aircraft with improved performance in the interim, must be quite the upgrade...

ClassicLover

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:48 am

BrianDromey wrote:
I don't think we will ever know where the truth lies, but it's fun to speculate. Is it realistic that EI would have a transatlantic fleet approaching 30 aircraft? With around 12 A333as and 14A321s? That seems like a big fleet for EI, even in the best of times. Are there really that many non-BOS/NYC/CHI East Coast routes that EI could deploy them on from DUB? How many would work year round? Even taking 2 aircraft for Shannon out of the picture, a wild dream for one at Cork and a spare, thats 10 city pairs.
There is no doubt that IAG were focussed on Norwegian and their operations from Ireland and the UK. How much of the EI base at MAN is driven by IAG, or EI's own ideas is difficult to know. IAG will have to been involved at some level, the start-up losses and being part of the Atlantic JV are bound to have been considered too?

Sure looks like it was working... you have to remember the ROIC for Aer Lingus was very high in IAG, so what they were doing pre-pandemic was working brilliantly for them. I would also hazard a guess that the MAN services are the idea of EI, because all of the airlines operate separately. There are some shared services, but strategy and so on is up to the individual carrier. I'm sure there is some influence somewhere though, but to what extent that would be is anyone's guess.

Meanwhile, Aer Lingus just issued a press release called "'Know Before You Go" which says -

‘Know Before You Go’ with new Aer Lingus Travel Support Tool

Aer Lingus partners with Sherpa on digital tool to clarify travel requirements

Dublin, 23 August 2021: With consumer confidence in travel slowly returning, Aer Lingus has introduced a new digital Travel Support Tool designed to remove confusion regarding travel restrictions and entry requirements for all Aer Lingus destinations.

The interactive tool on aerlingus.com, powered by Sherpa, allows Aer Lingus customers to search destinations and retrieve up-to-date tailored travel information based on their specific circumstances including vaccination status, return travel and flight connection requirements.

Since Ireland’s lifting of the ban on non-essential travel on 19th July, Aer Lingus has noted a high volume of queries from customers confused by the entry requirements, restrictions and documentation needed for their journeys. The new Aer Lingus Travel Support Tool helps to address these concerns by providing clear information, pulled from multiple official sources. Customers can get clarity on the types of COVID tests accepted, age criteria for testing of children and any exemptions that may apply at each destination.

Speaking on the introduction of the Travel Support Tool Dave O’Donovan, Chief Digital and Information Officer at Aer Lingus, said:

“Since returning to travel, feedback from our customer service and social media teams, has made it clear that customers are concerned about what the requirements are for travel, particularly relating to location specific documentation, quarantine updates, and the Digital COVID Cert.

“We are proud to partner with Sherpa on the integration of this new interactive search tool on aerlingus.com. This tool will help to boost confidence in the travel experience, assuring customers of the steps they need to take to ensure a smooth and seamless journey.”

For more information and for bookings, visit aerlingus.com.

Ends

Eirules

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am

OA260 wrote:
I had another pleasant flight on the 321NEO to LHR.
Free drinks and snacks from the Bia offering although the crew must have been newly back as one had to comfirm with the other that it was indeed complimentary in Aerspace. The loads are getting better over the last few weeks. My flight had 98. Obviously no where near its usual pre covid figure but a lot better then the under 30 we saw in the Spring.

I flew back from ACE on one at the weekend in the J seats and have to say I found the seat very uncomfortable. The cabin is lovely but compared to the other J seats I’ve flown such as BA, UA, AA, VS etc I found it hard and difficult to get a comfortable angle

Fliplot

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:50 am

First time there has been a negative comment on the EI J seats. Interesting too that BA, UA, AA and VS are the comparison. I found BA and the American carriers to be a let down. VS is marginally better than the others.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos