Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:17 am

Well, folks. That time of year is once again upon us. With the first games of the season coming up this Saturday, there’s already a few charters scheduled.

According to FR24, Nebraska is back on United 2528 on Friday to head up to Champaign, IL on one of UA’s 737-900s to face off with the Illini. UConn will likely fly BDL-FAT on Thursday or Friday, although I haven’t seen a flight scheduled yet. Will likely show up soon. Hawaii is playing at UCLA, so there’s a good chance they’ll hop on a commercial flight on HA to LAX, might charter though. We’ll see what they decide. UTEP will certainly be driving over to NM State, and we might see a charter out of CDC to SJC for Southern Utah
 
AndoAv8R
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:23 am

I am guessing that University of Colorado/CU Buffs will be using a United 737-900 again this year, will update as first away game isnt until September 25th
 
uconn99
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:38 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
Well, folks. That time of year is once again upon us. With the first games of the season coming up this Saturday, there’s already a few charters scheduled.

According to FR24, Nebraska is back on United 2528 on Friday to head up to Champaign, IL on one of UA’s 737-900s to face off with the Illini. UConn will likely fly BDL-FAT on Thursday or Friday, although I haven’t seen a flight scheduled yet. Will likely show up soon. Hawaii is playing at UCLA, so there’s a good chance they’ll hop on a commercial flight on HA to LAX, might charter though. We’ll see what they decide. UTEP will certainly be driving over to NM State, and we might see a charter out of CDC to SJC for Southern Utah


Looks like UConn is using B6 A321 BDL-FAT on Thursday.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/b68501
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:42 pm

uconn99 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
Well, folks. That time of year is once again upon us. With the first games of the season coming up this Saturday, there’s already a few charters scheduled.

According to FR24, Nebraska is back on United 2528 on Friday to head up to Champaign, IL on one of UA’s 737-900s to face off with the Illini. UConn will likely fly BDL-FAT on Thursday or Friday, although I haven’t seen a flight scheduled yet. Will likely show up soon. Hawaii is playing at UCLA, so there’s a good chance they’ll hop on a commercial flight on HA to LAX, might charter though. We’ll see what they decide. UTEP will certainly be driving over to NM State, and we might see a charter out of CDC to SJC for Southern Utah


Looks like UConn is using B6 A321 BDL-FAT on Thursday.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/b68501


Looks like UConn is airborne to FAT currently. I haven’t seen a charter flight for Hawaii yet on HA, so my guess is that they are on one of Hawaiian’s HNL-LAX flights today. They usually fly up to the mainland on a Thursday for a Saturday game at the latest, IIRC. Will have to see about Southern Utah as well, they’d probably go out of CDC over to SJC but might be bussing to a larger field. I believe that their basketball team charters out of Cedar City, but that is an RJ
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:40 am

Hawaii is on board HAL2 from HNL-LAX at the moment it looks like https://twitter.com/hawaiifootball/stat ... 93766?s=21
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 pm

Southern Utah flew over to SJC this afternoon out of CDC on Sun Country: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCDC/KSJC
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:40 pm

A few games tomorrow means a few flights in the next few days. Coming up on the first big weekend

The LIU Sharks flew out of FRG on GlobalX down to MIA to face FIU. Should be seeing some GlobalX charters for football this year: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GXA ... /KFRG/KMIA

Boise State arrived in Orlando last night on Sun Country for their matchup with UCF: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KBOI/KMCO

Ohio State is kicking off the season in Minnesota tomorrow, and they’re headed up there on a United 737-900: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KCMH/KMSP
 
AirframeAS
Posts: 9910
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:56 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm

I am pretty sure that the University of Washington Huskies and the Washington State University Cougars are, again, using Alaska.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Bowling Green flying to Knoxville to face Tennessee tomorrow.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTOL/KTYS
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:25 pm

UC Davis is headed over to Tulsa on an Allegiant A319: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KSMF/KTUL

USF up to RDU on Sun Country to face NC State tomorrow night: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTPA/KRDU

Eastern Washington onboard Sun Country to face UNLV tomorrow night: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KGEG/KLAS

Michigan State is on a Delta 737-900 tomorrow for the short hop over to O’Hare to face Northwestern: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KLAN/KORD

Kansas State is on a United 757-300 down to DFW on Friday for their kickoff game with Stanford: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KMHK/KDFW

Penn State on a United 737-900 on Friday to Madison, WI: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KUNV/KMSN
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:03 pm

Army is on a UA 737-900 tomorrow down to ATL out of Stewart to face off with Georgia State on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KSWF/KATL

Stanford is also on a UA 737-900 out of SJC over to DFW for the kickoff game in Dallas with K-State: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KSJC/KDFW

Indiana on a UA 737-900 over to CID to face Iowa on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KBMG/KCID

Alabama is back on a Delta 757-200 for their quick trip over to ATL for the kickoff game with Miami: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KTCL/KATL

Texas Tech over to IAH on a UA 737-900 to face Houston: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KLBB/KIAH

BYU is headed to Vegas today on Sun Country in advance of their neutral site match with Arizona on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KPVU/KLAS

LSU is on a Delta 757-200 later today over to LAX to face off with UCLA at the Rose Bowl. There are also two flights routed BTR-BUR on WN and WQ, presumably carrying LSU personnel as well: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KBTR/KLAX

Georgia is opening their season in Charlotte against Clemson, and they're back at it with two Delta 717's out of AHN to head to CLT: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KAHN/KCLT https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KAHN/KCLT
 
rampantfox
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Notre Dame is traveling out of South Bend to Tallahassee on Saturday onboard a Delta 757-200: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8908
 
fraspotter
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:52 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
LSU is on a Delta 757-200 later today over to LAX to face off with UCLA at the Rose Bowl. There are also two flights routed BTR-BUR on WN and WQ, presumably carrying LSU personnel as well: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KBTR/KLAX

Surprised that there were still football folks in BTR considering the LSU football program had relocated to Houston ahead of Hurricane Ida and were planning to head to California from there.
 
mgold07
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 1:46 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Regarding BYU, the PVU-LAS flight you reference below is likely for fans or staff. The team flies Delta.


gdavis003 wrote:
Army is on a UA 737-900 tomorrow down to ATL out of Stewart to face off with Georgia State on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KSWF/KATL

Stanford is also on a UA 737-900 out of SJC over to DFW for the kickoff game in Dallas with K-State: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KSJC/KDFW

Indiana on a UA 737-900 over to CID to face Iowa on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KBMG/KCID

Alabama is back on a Delta 757-200 for their quick trip over to ATL for the kickoff game with Miami: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KTCL/KATL

Texas Tech over to IAH on a UA 737-900 to face Houston: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KLBB/KIAH

BYU is headed to Vegas today on Sun Country in advance of their neutral site match with Arizona on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KPVU/KLAS

LSU is on a Delta 757-200 later today over to LAX to face off with UCLA at the Rose Bowl. There are also two flights routed BTR-BUR on WN and WQ, presumably carrying LSU personnel as well: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KBTR/KLAX

Georgia is opening their season in Charlotte against Clemson, and they're back at it with two Delta 717's out of AHN to head to CLT: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KAHN/KCLT https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KAHN/KCLT
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1609
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:58 pm

Penn State on their typical UA 739 to MSN

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KUNV/KMSN
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:35 pm

fraspotter wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
LSU is on a Delta 757-200 later today over to LAX to face off with UCLA at the Rose Bowl. There are also two flights routed BTR-BUR on WN and WQ, presumably carrying LSU personnel as well: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KBTR/KLAX

Surprised that there were still football folks in BTR considering the LSU football program had relocated to Houston ahead of Hurricane Ida and were planning to head to California from there.


Yeah, it was somewhat of a surprise to me. The football team ended up leaving out of HOU on that same flight number, but there were quite a few charters out of BTR for personnel
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Mizzou's home opener is tomorrow, and Central Michigan will be the visiting team; unfortunately due to COU's main runway in the process of being renovated and extended until early October (in addition to getting a new airport terminal by next year), they will instead be flying the SCX B738 to STL and then bus to Mizzou for tomorrow's home opener; so much for plane spotting opportunities at home until the runway extension is finished! :(

Btw, here is the visiting team's flight plan:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMBS/KSTL
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:07 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
fraspotter wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
LSU is on a Delta 757-200 later today over to LAX to face off with UCLA at the Rose Bowl. There are also two flights routed BTR-BUR on WN and WQ, presumably carrying LSU personnel as well: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KBTR/KLAX

Surprised that there were still football folks in BTR considering the LSU football program had relocated to Houston ahead of Hurricane Ida and were planning to head to California from there.


Yeah, it was somewhat of a surprise to me. The football team ended up leaving out of HOU on that same flight number, but there were quite a few charters out of BTR for personnel


Some are fan charters as well. LSU sold close to 20,000 tickets to the game.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... gainst-lsu
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:09 pm

tys777 wrote:
Bowling Green flying to Knoxville to face Tennessee tomorrow.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTOL/KTYS


And the return back to TOL

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTYS/KTOL
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:13 pm

tys777 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
fraspotter wrote:
Surprised that there were still football folks in BTR considering the LSU football program had relocated to Houston ahead of Hurricane Ida and were planning to head to California from there.


Yeah, it was somewhat of a surprise to me. The football team ended up leaving out of HOU on that same flight number, but there were quite a few charters out of BTR for personnel


Some are fan charters as well. LSU sold close to 20,000 tickets to the game.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... gainst-lsu


They certainly travel well. Might also note that one of United's added flights dedicated to college football games is operating today on BTR-LAX (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KBTR/KLAX). Seems like they also added a mainline section or upgauged a regular IAH-BTR flight to a 738 from an RJ to get the aircraft over to Baton Rouge for today.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:29 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
tys777 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:

Yeah, it was somewhat of a surprise to me. The football team ended up leaving out of HOU on that same flight number, but there were quite a few charters out of BTR for personnel


Some are fan charters as well. LSU sold close to 20,000 tickets to the game.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... gainst-lsu


They certainly travel well. Might also note that one of United's added flights dedicated to college football games is operating today on BTR-LAX (https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KBTR/KLAX). Seems like they also added a mainline section or upgauged a regular IAH-BTR flight to a 738 from an RJ to get the aircraft over to Baton Rouge for today.


It's a bit of a perfect storm.

1) The LA schools struggle to draw fans.
2) UCLA has practically been giving away tickets to games
3) pent up travel/vacation demand due to covid
4) a very passionate fan base that hasn't seen their team play in a long time.

I'm sure that we would have seen a decent amount of charters from MSY if Ida hadn't come threw. It'll be interesting to see the returns. Red eyes, wait till morning, or people hang out for a few days before returning.
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Caught this one late yesterday, but this was South Dakota State heading over to FNL to face Colorado State on Sun Country: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KFSD/KFNL

Tulane, which relocated to Birmingham for the next few weeks due to Ida, is headed to OKC on Sun Country out of BHM to face Oklahoma, in what will be a home game for Tulane in Norman: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KBHM/KOKC

Lafayette flew out of ABE on an Allegiant A320 out to COS to face Air Force: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KABE/KCOS

Marshall is on Sun Country for their flight up to BWI to face Navy in Annapolis: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KHTS/KBWI

UMass is on an iAero 738 over to Pitt out of BAF: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ ... /KBAF/KPIT

Norfolk State is on an Allegiant A319 over to TOL to face Toledo: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KORF/KTOL

This appears to be Eastern Illinois on Sun Country out of MTO and over to CAE to face the Gamecocks: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMTO/KCAE

Akron is headed down to MGM on an Allegiant A320 to face Auburn: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KCAK/KMGM

Northern Illinois out of Rockford down to ATL on Sun Country to face Tech: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KRFD/KATL

Kent State is en route to College Station on Allegiant for A&M: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KCAK/KCLL

Duquesne en route to FTW to face TCU tomorrow on an iAero 737-400: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ ... /KPIT/KFTW

Arizona is en route on Allegiant to LAS to play at Allegiant Stadium, fitting!: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KTUS/KLAS
 
bchandl
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:00 pm

tys777 wrote:
Bowling Green flying to Knoxville to face Tennessee tomorrow.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTOL/KTYS


The return flight was a 2:19am departure and a 3:20am arrival.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KTYS/KTOL

Boise State was in Orlando to play UCF yesterday as well. If there is such a thing as a trans con redeye going east to west, they had it:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMCO/KBOI

Depart MCO 4:30am EDT - Arrive BOI 7:00am local.

I get they sleep on the plane, but that is one brutal day. Up all day, play a night game, and then hang around 4 hours after it's done until you leave. What a day, and to take a heartbreaking L on top of all of it.
 
BeowulfShaeffer
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Looks like Kent St. headed to College Station to collect their $1.9M payday as cannon fodder for Texas A&M:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KCAK/KCLL
 
stxbohn
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:44 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:15 pm

BeowulfShaeffer wrote:
Looks like Kent St. headed to College Station to collect their $1.9M payday as cannon fodder for Texas A&M:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KCAK/KCLL


Ha similar to Kent St., my Rice Owls are heading up to Arkansas for a check to pay for the Allegiant charter:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KHOU/KXNA
 
jetskipper
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:50 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:43 pm

Notre Dame vs Florida State. Delta 757-200, repositioning from DTW.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KSBN/KTLH
 
ibthebigd
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:46 pm

The Boise State At UCF game had a long delay because of Lightning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
palouse
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:42 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Utah State vs Washington State - Go Cougs!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KLGU/KPUW
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:35 am

Michigan States flight home later tonight.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KORD/KLAN
 
jjbiv
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:58 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 am

 
777Mech
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:39 am

Looks like Miami took Global Crossing (G6) up to ATL to face Alabama.

Nice looking livery I'd say!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GXA601
 
User avatar
masonite
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:30 pm

fsx98 wrote:
Mizzou's home opener is tomorrow, and Central Michigan will be the visiting team; unfortunately due to COU's main runway in the process of being renovated and extended until early October (in addition to getting a new airport terminal by next year), they will instead be flying the SCX B738 to STL and then bus to Mizzou for tomorrow's home opener; so much for plane spotting opportunities at home until the runway extension is finished! :(

Btw, here is the visiting team's flight plan:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMBS/KSTL

Thank you! I was wondering why I couldn't find anything for their flight!
 
kwp302
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Louisville with a late night/early morning return to SDF after their loss to Ole Miss in Atlanta

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ6 ... /KATL/KSDF
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Forgot about the Louisville vs Ole Miss game yesterday. Looks like Louisville’s flight was noted above, but I found it quite interesting that Ole Miss used JetBlue, of all airlines. They’ve bounced back and forth in the past, using Sun Country 738s and National’s 757 out of TUP in recent years. This is the first time I’ve seen them on JetBlue.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU ... /KATL/KTUP
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:05 pm

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KFOE/KMYR

Kansas leaving Thursday to go play Coastal Carolina
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:25 pm

North Dakota is on an iAero 734 over to OGD to face off with Utah State tomorrow. Would have expected them to use LGU but hotel must be closer to OGD: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ ... /KGFK/KOGD

UTEP will be on Allegiant later today up to BOI to face Boise State. Aircraft ferrying in from Mesa now, not sure what the flight number will be.

Tomorrow, Pitt will be on a Delta 737-900 down to TYS to face the Vols (I think they used a widebody a few times last year, we'll see if they do that again this year): https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KPIT/KTYS

Looks like Oregon is on United today and not Alaska for the trip over to Columbus on a 757-300 for a big matchup with Ohio State: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KEUG/KCMH

Short trip for Rutgers tomorrow on a United 757-300 up to SYR out of EWR to face Cuse: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KEWR/KSYR

Two flights on United for Texas A&M tomorrow to DEN to face Colorado, one on a 737-700 and one on a -900: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KCLL/KDEN https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KCLL/KDEN
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 pm

Mizzou will fly out of COU to Kentucky (LEX) for the Saturday road game, despite ongoing construction at COU:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KLEX

Will check on the return flight as it may end up in STL due to landing limitations during the COU construction.

As always, Mizzou will utilize the SCX B738 for most of the road games this season.
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:43 pm

fsx98 wrote:
Mizzou will fly out of COU to Kentucky (LEX) for the Saturday road game, despite ongoing construction at COU:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KLEX

Will check on the return flight as it may end up in STL due to landing limitations during the COU construction.

As always, Mizzou will utilize the SCX B738 for most of the road games this season.


Surprised they’re headed out tonight. Not a far trip, and it’s a night game on Saturday. Would have expected them to fly out tomorrow for such a short hop
 
AndoAv8R
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:56 pm

Im not surprised Texas A&M had 2 planes, this weekends game against CU is at Mile High stadium where the Denver Broncos NFL team plays
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:24 am

Washington flew BFI-YIP this morning for their game at Michigan.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA ... /KBFI/KYIP
 
kwp302
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:29 am

It appears WKU will be traveling on an Allegiant A320 (their usual) to visit Army. Not seeing a flight number for that route yet, but N248NV is being ferried from CVG as G44752
 
tsra
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:04 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:18 am

fsx98 wrote:
Mizzou will fly out of COU to Kentucky (LEX) for the Saturday road game, despite ongoing construction at COU:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KLEX

Will check on the return flight as it may end up in STL due to landing limitations during the COU construction.

As always, Mizzou will utilize the SCX B738 for most of the road games this season.


I know last time COU had runway issues teams playing at COU would fly out of MKC. Coincidentally I have had work in STL this week and COU-MKC is about 30 minutes faster than COU-STL, at least for me. I would guess that flying out of MKC would be easier and faster for MIZZOU vs an airport like STL? I wonder if Sun Country doesn’t realize they could use MKC?
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:19 am

Texas is coming up to Arkansas on a UA 739.
AUS-XNA

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ua2515
Last edited by jb1087xna on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:20 am

Air Force flew on Sun Country tonight over to BWI for their rivalry match with Navy: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOS/KBWI

Cal flew over to DFW on an Alaska 737-900 out of Oakland today for their matchup with TCU on Saturday: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA ... /KOAK/KDFW

Temple will be on a JetBlue A320 tomorrow from PHL to CAK to face Akron: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU ... /KPHL/KCAK

NC State into GTR out of RDU on a Delta 757-200 to face Mississippi State: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KRDU/KGTR

Stanford on a United 737-900 down to LAX to face USC: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KSJC/KLAX

Curious about how Hawaii traveled this week. They’re playing at Oregon State, and it looks like they flew out today, according to their Twitter. My best guess is that they are on HAL26 from HNL to PDX and are bussing to Corvallis from there. They will often fly commercial to the mainland on HA and then either charter a flight to their destination or bus. Their schedule is not very advantageous for their travel budget this year with pretty much alternating home and away games almost every week.
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:06 am

tsra wrote:
fsx98 wrote:
Mizzou will fly out of COU to Kentucky (LEX) for the Saturday road game, despite ongoing construction at COU:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KLEX

Will check on the return flight as it may end up in STL due to landing limitations during the COU construction.

As always, Mizzou will utilize the SCX B738 for most of the road games this season.


I know last time COU had runway issues teams playing at COU would fly out of MKC. Coincidentally I have had work in STL this week and COU-MKC is about 30 minutes faster than COU-STL, at least for me. I would guess that flying out of MKC would be easier and faster for MIZZOU vs an airport like STL? I wonder if Sun Country doesn’t realize they could use MKC?


STL is a good alternative airport to COU for airport charters; MKC (or MCI) is a bit too far away and adds some more travel time, IMO

Also, for this season, not everyone will fly out of COU, as half of the team will fly out of COU while the other half will fly out of STL, and for the return trip, none of the team can fly back to COU, which would depend on weather and the weight/performance limits on the plane.
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
UTEP will be on Allegiant later today up to BOI to face Boise State. Aircraft ferrying in from Mesa now, not sure what the flight number will be.


Here it is:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KELP/KBOI

Miami (OH) heading to Minnesota to face the Gophers:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCVG/KMSP

Air Force going to play Navy:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOS/KBWI

---------------------------------------------

Has the pandemic meant that the appetite for taking a bus has increased, especially among smaller schools? Having more difficulty finding flights than in years past.
 
gdavis003
Topic Author
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

Purdue over to BDL on Sun Country to face UConn: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KLAF/KBDL

Ball State is also on Sun Country, headed out of MIE up to State College to face Penn State: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KMIE/KUNV
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:01 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
UTEP will be on Allegiant later today up to BOI to face Boise State. Aircraft ferrying in from Mesa now, not sure what the flight number will be.

---------------------------------------------

Has the pandemic meant that the appetite for taking a bus has increased, especially among smaller schools? Having more difficulty finding flights than in years past.


It's $$$. Having worked in a power 5 athletic department, it really depends on the signed contract for the non conference games. Some hosting schools build it into the contract that they cover travel costs and that typically includes a flight. A lot of smaller schools (athletic department wise) are busing longer distances for games where travel isn't included. They are trying to save $$ after a year of mostly losses both for their athletic departments and the schools as well. So, yes pandemic, but not typically the current state of the pandemic.
 
User avatar
KBUF
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:12 pm

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Buffalo heading to LNK on G4 to face Nebraska: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KBUF/KLNK
 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: 2021 NCAA Football Thread

Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 pm

fsx98 wrote:
tsra wrote:
fsx98 wrote:
Mizzou will fly out of COU to Kentucky (LEX) for the Saturday road game, despite ongoing construction at COU:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX ... /KCOU/KLEX

Will check on the return flight as it may end up in STL due to landing limitations during the COU construction.

As always, Mizzou will utilize the SCX B738 for most of the road games this season.


I know last time COU had runway issues teams playing at COU would fly out of MKC. Coincidentally I have had work in STL this week and COU-MKC is about 30 minutes faster than COU-STL, at least for me. I would guess that flying out of MKC would be easier and faster for MIZZOU vs an airport like STL? I wonder if Sun Country doesn’t realize they could use MKC?


STL is a good alternative airport to COU for airport charters; MKC (or MCI) is a bit too far away and adds some more travel time, IMO

Also, for this season, not everyone will fly out of COU, as half of the team will fly out of COU while the other half will fly out of STL, and for the return trip, none of the team can fly back to COU, which would depend on weather and the weight/performance limits on the plane.


A follow up to the above post: the other half of Mizzou's team flew a G4 A320 to LEX from STL last night as a result of COU's construction:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY ... /KSTL/KLEX

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos