Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 9/21; Climbing through the storm

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to the September thread.

Irish aviation has now hit 50% of pre-pandemic levels and hardly a week goes by when new routes (some, such as FR's from SNN/ORK-BUD, not operated before the pandemic). Previously operated routes are now being reinstated very rapidly; FI has just restarted KEF; EW, DY and various others have returned. Some US carriers are scaling back routes for the winter, although that is mainly due to the US slowness to allow unrestricted international access again.

In other news:
- EI has confirmed what we all expected, that Emerald will be its regional partner; its first aircraft EI-GPP (which previously operated for Stobart) is to be delivered later this week, to allow IAA proving flights to begin;
- EI-LAX flew its last trip to NOC, where it is to be scrapped (which has presumably started by now)
- Weston Airport was bought by a group of investors and enthusiasts
- Air Transat is to return to DUB next Summer
- FR has added routes from SNN/DUB-BUD. (They're obviously hungary for growth) and also from SNN to LTN, FUE and BHX. ORK-LTN also being added.
- UK CAA awards operating licence to Aer Lingus (UK) Limited
- KLM sending 787-9s to DUB for repainting
- EI lounge at DUB reopening tomorrow, 1st September
- EI reinstates DUB-IAD
- FR adds three central European routes ex-DUB
- Security delays causing havoc for departures, particularly at peak morning times, within the last week
- 2 pax PER HOUR being denied travel because of incomplete Covid paperwork
- EK returns to daily flights from DUB

From a situation earlier this year, where there was a complete absence of good news and hardly a day would go by without any bad news, we're now at a situation where most of the aviation news is good - growth, new routes and returning old routes; there will still be setbacks (particularly with regard to t/a travel), but the general trend is positive and that is very good to see. Let's hope it continues.

Here is the August thread, in case anyone wants to refer back: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1463345

OA260

Re: Irish 9/21; Climbing through the storm

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:49 pm

Thanks for a new thread . Will be nice to see Air Transat back will miss their A310's though that they used to fly in a while back .

Will be good to have the EI lounge access back after a long closure. If it works as well as the BA lounges I have been in over the last year with the QR system it will be pleasant enough .

iRISH251

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:57 pm

kaitak wrote:
- KLM sending 787-9s to DUB for repainting

If this is as per most other 787s that have been repainted at DUB or SNN, it is to address issues with adherence of the paint on the wings only.

AMP44

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:29 pm

Not quite September, but few days ago I flew on Aer Arann Islands from NNR to IOR. EI-CUW on the way out, EI-AYN on the way back. I was surprised to see that both flights were full, and they even sent a second plane right after ours on the same route, which was also fully booked. While waiting at NNR for the bus back to Galway, the flight to INQ was boarding - full flight with locals going home from doing shopping in Galway. Great experience.

EISG1129

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 pm

I took my first international flights from Dublin in nearly 18 months last week and returned on Sunday.

Flying with LX from GVA to DUB on Sunday, it was noteworthy that quite a number of passengers had not informed themselves of the requirement to fill in an Irish Passenger Locator Form and, as such, had not completed this when it came to boarding. This was despite an email reminder from Swiss in the days leading up to the flight. Boarding was held up as a result as staff individually checked forms and insisted that passengers complete a form in advance of boarding, with the flight then leaving approximately 40 minutes late.

I would have thought most would have completed any paperwork that needed to be presented in advance of arrival at the airport, but it would appear that in this case, many had not. Swiss were actually very accommodating of these people, and while it was of no real inconvenience to me, I think if I had a tight connection I would probably have had a stronger view on the delay caused by the failure of quite a number of passengers to fill in what is quite a straightforward form.

Eirules

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:44 am

EISG1129 wrote:
I took my first international flights from Dublin in nearly 18 months last week and returned on Sunday.

Flying with LX from GVA to DUB on Sunday, it was noteworthy that quite a number of passengers had not informed themselves of the requirement to fill in an Irish Passenger Locator Form and, as such, had not completed this when it came to boarding. This was despite an email reminder from Swiss in the days leading up to the flight. Boarding was held up as a result as staff individually checked forms and insisted that passengers complete a form in advance of boarding, with the flight then leaving approximately 40 minutes late.

I would have thought most would have completed any paperwork that needed to be presented in advance of arrival at the airport, but it would appear that in this case, many had not. Swiss were actually very accommodating of these people, and while it was of no real inconvenience to me, I think if I had a tight connection I would probably have had a stronger view on the delay caused by the failure of quite a number of passengers to fill in what is quite a straightforward form.

I flew back from ACE last week with EI & check-in was carnage because of this. Rather than sending people to the back of the queue, the agents let them fill it in standing there. There were 4 desks open, I arrived 2hrs15 before the flight & finally got through security as boarding commenced

BrianDromey

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:04 am

The paperwork remains an issue, will this kind of paperwork ever disappear? It’s a bit like the 100ml containers that have never gone away. Hopefully these forms can be integrated into OLCI systems a bit better. Verifly and IATA are first generation attempts, it’s more miss than hit at the moment though.

Will the EU advisory not to allow the admission of travellers from the US have any effect? The US never reciprocated, which is part of the political problem.

eidvm

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:58 am

BrianDromey wrote:
The paperwork remains an issue, will this kind of paperwork ever disappear? It’s a bit like the 100ml containers that have never gone away. Hopefully these forms can be integrated into OLCI systems a bit better. Verifly and IATA are first generation attempts, it’s more miss than hit at the moment though.

I’d imagine it’ll disappear after the 22nd of October will the roll back of almost all covid regulations, certainly for passengers travelling from within the EU anyways I can’t see what useful info is gained by the production of the PFL in terms of managing an endemic disease.

Curious if the DCC will also lose effect at that stage if we are truly living with covid, particularly important for families with children who cannot yet get vaccinated due to their age. At what point will the requirement for them to be tested prior to travel be removed for those children/adults who are unvaccinated.

LH982

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 am

To me the PLF is just pointless bureaucracy. It delivers very little, but causes great inconvenience.

ClassicLover

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:55 am

LH982 wrote:
To me the PLF is just pointless bureaucracy. It delivers very little, but causes great inconvenience.

Well, it's not really great inconvenience. If people actually did what they were told and spent 3 minutes filling it in online, there'd be almost no inconvenience at all.

eidvm

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:09 am

Personally I’m confused as to the purpose of the PLF at this point in time any more, all it asks for is phone, email and your address as well as to confirm you’ve been jabbed/tested.

I’d understand more if it asked for your flight number and seat number for the purpose of contact tracing if there was a positive case in the flight but it does seem an unnecessary step in its current form given that all that data is held by the airline anyways if the State really does need to find out a list of people who’ve arrived from Spain/Germany/Denmark etc they could just ask the airlines for their mana fest and contact details.

I’m all for pragmatic approaches such as requiring vaccination or testing etc, but the locator form just seems quite superfluous and unnecessary at this stage in the pandemic.

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am

Eirules wrote:
[
I flew back from ACE last week with EI & check-in was carnage because of this. Rather than sending people to the back of the queue, the agents let them fill it in standing there. There were 4 desks open, I arrived 2hrs15 before the flight & finally got through security as boarding commenced

Yes its been the same on my last visits . They need to send them back until they have the documents. At some airports to get into the queue you have to show passport / vaccination info and PLF to join the queue. This should be standard practice .

Not sure why Aer Lingus cant bring back Priority Boarding also as its a free for all anyway at some airports I have recently been through .

LHR T2 have a Verifly lane and normal lane but still boarding back to front which while policed quite well its time to bring back Priority as no point unless its a consistent policy across the network. Maybe 22/10 that will come online .

As for DCC / PLF etc they are here to stay as it allows for contact tracing/proof of vaccination status . I don't see it changing before next year .

LH982

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:23 am

ClassicLover wrote:
LH982 wrote:

Well, it's not really great inconvenience. If people actually did what they were told and spent 3 minutes filling it in online, there'd be almost no inconvenience at all.

But the reality is that people are not doing what they are told, and it's causing great inconvenience for airport staff and compliant passengers, and all for what benefit?

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am

Shannon Group Says It Has 'A Significant Opportunity To Position Shannon Airport As A Key Hub For International Travel'

www.hospitalityireland.com/amp/general- ... vel-144947

--

Emerald Airlines takes delivery of its first ATR turboprop

https://centreforaviation.com/news/emer ... op-1088585

al2637

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:51 am

I agree, the PLF is a waste of time, the airline already have your details should they ever be required. Given most EU countries don't have something similar, it's not surprising many people get to checkin without knowing it is required.

Still surprised at Irelands resistance to rapid testing, for both travel and opening the economy. Did an AMS-BER trip last weekend. In BER every street corner had a rapid test tent for free testing (for going out, travelling etc etc). On arrival back in AMS everyone is handed 2 free self tests. PCRs are also free (with QR code) for anyone wanting to travel!

iRISH251

Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:16 pm

al2637 wrote:
I agree, the PLF is a waste of time, the airline already have your details should they ever be required. Given most EU countries don't have something similar, it's not surprising many people get to checkin without knowing it is required.

Still surprised at Irelands resistance to rapid testing, for both travel and opening the economy. Did an AMS-BER trip last weekend. In BER every street corner had a rapid test tent for free testing (for going out, travelling etc etc). On arrival back in AMS everyone is handed 2 free self tests. PCRs are also free (with QR code) for anyone wanting to travel!

The PLF collects information about where you plan to be on arrival in the country. It is legally mandated and there are penalties for provision of false information. The airline doesn't necessarily have destination address unless it is a condition of booking (which I doubt).

The limitations of rapid antigen tests have been spelled out on many occasions, which is why there is such variation in their usage internationally. If there was scientific consensus that they were an appropriate tool for public health purposes, no doubt they would be in very widespread use. With Ireland's very high vaccination uptake, the direction of travel now is to open up activities over the coming weeks without the general addition of rapid testing as a further feature.

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:17 pm

I flew Aer Lingus BCN - DUB this morning. Pleasant enough experience . Id say around 85% full. Quite a few Spanish students coming to study. Check in was handled very well and great to see a dedicated Aer Club desk . PLF / Passport and Irish Covid vaccination App checked before I was allowed to approach check in desk.

Aer Club members still get use of the SALA VIP which was empty but looked brand new with a QR code with a extensive menu of sandwiches / wraps , drinks etc..

Crew usual intro with limited Bia but first rows did not have an issue with what they wanted . Some good routing info from the flight deck .

I noticed on arrival LRH covered and awaiting its move.

al2637

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
The PLF collects information about where you plan to be on arrival in the country. It is legally mandated and there are penalties for provision of false information. The airline doesn't necessarily have destination address unless it is a condition of booking (which I doubt).

Agreed, but still not getting the point of it? Address information was to check people were quarantining (which was never really followed up on), which now with a valid vaccination isn't even applicable anymore.

iRISH251 wrote:
The limitations of rapid antigen tests have been spelled out on many occasions, which is why there is such variation in their usage internationally. If there was scientific consensus that they were an appropriate tool for public health purposes, no doubt they would be in very widespread use. With Ireland's very high vaccination uptake, the direction of travel now is to open up activities over the coming weeks without the general addition of rapid testing as a further feature.

Not saying they are as accurate as a PCR, but antigen testing does seem to be embraced across of much of Europe at the moment, even for fully vaccinated. I've had 2 in the last week, and will have a free PCR on Friday to travel to Ireland also (and am fully vaccinated). Given the number of breakthrough infections, I think testing will continue to play a part in international travel for quite some time. I think Ireland is behind the curve on this.

Fliplot

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Not sure I follow any of this! If the Government requires the locator form completed, then it should be completed whether people believe it is useful or not! Why cause un-necessary delays and queues! Surely it's easier than not flying at all?

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Not sure I follow any of this! If the Government requires the locator form completed, then it should be completed whether people believe it is useful or not! Why cause un-necessary delays and queues! Surely it's easier than not flying at all?

The Irish PLF is the easiest one as it can be completed and printed off a week or two before. The Spanish one only lets you finish completing it 48 hours before. Portugal and Greece have them too .

al2637

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 pm

Fliplot wrote:

Yes it's a requirement, but what's the actual point of it is my question?

JAmie2k9

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:46 pm

BrianDromey wrote:

Will the EU advisory not to allow the admission of travellers from the US have any effect? The US never reciprocated, which is part of the political problem.

The advisory never applied to Ireland (Schengen area only) and Gov have confirmed this evening no changes planned for arrivals.

shamrock350

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Aer Lingus and Shannon Airport have confirmed the return of SNN-LHR from September 13 for 10 weeks while Cork is closed for runway works.

The daily service will use an A321LR 6 days of the week with an A320 on Mondays.

https://www.shannongroup.ie/news-media/ ... -lingus-he

I booked to fly home on this service for late October, it was actually showing as twice daily at this point and still is via the website but the press release doesn't mention any planned increase in frequency so I'm expecting my late evening departure from LHR to be cancelled and moved to the earlier flight. Nice to get on the A321LR at least!

Fliplot

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:19 pm

I understand your comment al2637 but I don't see the point of pedestrian crossings at roundabouts but I do observe them. I also don't see the point of showing ny passport after a domestic flight but I do observe the requirement. Just one of life's current quirks!

iRISH251

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:20 pm

al2637 wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Two purposes: Contact-tracing where an outbreak is linked to a particular flight (and there have been a significant number of such events) and, as others have stated, for the purposes of home quarantine enforcement. It should not be assumed that there has been no follow-up/enforcement of home quarantine.

cc47

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:05 pm

In light of the fact that ORK is closed in the coming weeks, I'll be flying some DUB-LHR segments. The EI website is currently offering 11 daily flights at the end of October. Surely some of these will be cancelled due to Covid-19? Does anyone know which flights are likely to happen and which(if any) are likely to be cancelled. The mother wouldn't be too keen to fly these days at the best of times, let alone if a flight is rescheduled. Thanks

EIDL

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Flying DUB-BCN on EI on Friday morning, checkin has not yet opened online - and I need the seat number to do the Spanish PLF which I need done before I get to the airport!

This is not being done very well, VeriFLY is clunky as hell too.

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:16 pm

cc47 wrote:
In light of the fact that ORK is closed in the coming weeks, I'll be flying some DUB-LHR segments. The EI website is currently offering 11 daily flights at the end of October. Surely some of these will be cancelled due to Covid-19? Does anyone know which flights are likely to happen and which(if any) are likely to be cancelled. The mother wouldn't be too keen to fly these days at the best of times, let alone if a flight is rescheduled. Thanks

The 0730 / 1430 / 1830 always usually go. The A330 is on the 1830 and a nice flight to take if it fits with the plans. Of course nothing concrete and equipment can change .

cc47

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:21 pm

OA260 wrote:
cc47 wrote:

The 0730 / 1430 / 1830 always usually go. The A330 is on the 1830 and a nice flight to take if it fits with the plans. Of course nothing concrete and equipment can change .

Thanks for the information, I guess I'll hold out for a couple of weeks before booking. Everything changes so rapidly these days!

LH982

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:38 pm

OA260 wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

The Irish PLF is the easiest one as it can be completed and printed off a week or two before. The Spanish one only lets you finish completing it 48 hours before. Portugal and Greece have them too .

The Irish one should only be completed less than 72 hours before arrival. If they're accepting two week old forms, it shows how half arsed the whole thing is.

https://travel.eplf.gov.ie/en

LH982

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:50 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
al2637 wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Two purposes: Contact-tracing where an outbreak is linked to a particular flight (and there have been a significant number of such events) and, as others have stated, for the purposes of home quarantine enforcement. It should not be assumed that there has been no follow-up/enforcement of home quarantine.

I traveled back last month, all fully within the EU and Government guidelines. I then received texts reminding me that I needed to quarantine for 14 days, even though I did not need to. Excuse me for being sceptical about the value of PLFs and the press release versus the reality.

AirbusA343

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:08 pm

I flew back in this morning on TK1975, operated by an A330-300. Every seat in economy class was occupied while the seat map showed business class to be about half full, meaning that the overall LF was about 96%, which is fantastic. DUB is clearly working out nicely for them as I mentioned in the last thread, they are now going 7x weekly with the A330 and 3 other flights a week with the A321/neo.

Just a side note, I saw that the line for non-EU passports was longer than I've seen before. The EU passport line was much shorter and a breeze to get through.

OA260

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:10 pm

LH982 wrote:
If they're accepting two week old forms, it shows how half arsed the whole thing is.

Not really if the information has not changed. If flight details / address etc are all the same then it is still current. If they need to reach you they can.

These are the texts that are sent and only refers to if you are required to quarantine. They do not state that you have to .

IrishLessor

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:39 pm

I must say while I'm totally up for following the rules, I have to agree with those who say PLFs are questionable n terms of value. Here's why I say that;
Flew in and out of Dublin 4 times in July and August. 3 trips were in August and I was only asked for passport on arrival but to be fair the checking pre boarding at the outstation was rigorous. Secondly there are zero checks coming into Belfast, and said passengers can cross the border unchecked, makes a bit of a mockery of the whole thing..

I think the government has gotten their testing and vaccine arrangements into a third place but it amazes me that so few people check in to the covid app and one never been or know of nobody who has ever been pinged by the covid app!!

LH982

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:14 am

OA260 wrote:
LH982 wrote:
If they're accepting two week old forms, it shows how half arsed the whole thing is.

Not really if the information has not changed. If flight details / address etc are all the same then it is still current. If they need to reach you they can.

These are the texts that are sent and only refers to if you are required to quarantine. They do not state that you have to .

The government website clearly says 72 hours, so as I said, they are not enforcing it.

This is one from July telling me to quarantine for 14 days after returning from an approved area in the EU. There was absolutely no reason that I needed to quarantine, and no phone call or other communication to explain this. I received the same thing after another trip, so it doesn't appear to be a one off

OA260

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:03 am

Your text says 17/7 so the advice for quarantine was still in effect . 19/7 was the date travel was allowed again.

*UPDATE* Changes to travel requirements from 19 July

Please note that new travel measures are in effect for travel to Ireland from 19 July. Subject to public health advice, Ireland will broadly follow the EU approach to non-essential travel into the EU from third countries.

www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/uae/news-and-e ... ions-.html

If you got the same text from 19/7 then that is an Irish gov / HSE tech issue and hardly surprising but in fairness they do seem to have got their act together after a messy start.

LH982

Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:36 am

OA260 wrote:
Your text says 17/7 so the advice for quarantine was still in effect . 19/7 was the date travel was allowed again.

Please note that new travel measures are in effect for travel to Ireland from 19 July. Subject to public health advice, Ireland will broadly follow the EU approach to non-essential travel into the EU from third countries.

http://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/uae/new ... ions-.html

If you got the same text from 19/7 then that is an Irish gov / HSE tech issue and hardly surprising but in fairness they do seem to have got their act together after a messy start.

I traveled from Germany on the 17th. I was fully vaccinated, and had a PCR as well. There was absolutely no requirement or recommendation for me to quarantine for 14 days.

OA260

Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:43 am

LH982 wrote:
OA260 wrote:

http://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/uae/new ... ions-.html

I traveled from Germany on the 17th. I was fully vaccinated, and had a PCR as well. There was absolutely no requirement or recommendation for me to quarantine for 14 days.

The Irish government had an opt out until 19/7 as widely discussed here . Do you have a link from the Irish government to advise otherwise ? What the EU / Germany said was irrelevant as Ireland makes its own rules regarding public health emergency .The text was a general one and PCR was not logged by that system.
A few were trying to get in with just their DCC and no PCR .

BrianDromey

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:34 am

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ryan ... -g582bvc5j
'Revealing his latest forecasts for Ryanair’s recovery from the pandemic, O’Leary said the airline would carry 10.5 million passengers in September, 75 per cent of 2019 levels, and 11 million passengers in October, an 80 per cent recovery.'
Ryanair are predicting a very rapid return to 2019 levels of traffic, driven by lowering their fares. MOL says there has never been a better time to book a city break and is predicting some very low fares for the winter. Across the EU market this might work, but the testing requirements for return to the UK are a bit onerous for a weekend away, I think.

IrishLessor wrote:
I must say while I'm totally up for following the rules, I have to agree with those who say PLFs are questionable n terms of value. Here's why I say that;
Flew in and out of Dublin 4 times in July and August. 3 trips were in August and I was only asked for passport on arrival but to be fair the checking pre boarding at the outstation was rigorous. Secondly there are zero checks coming into Belfast, and said passengers can cross the border unchecked, makes a bit of a mockery of the whole thing.

The PLFs are really not that different from the ESTA required by the US and the forthcoming ETIAS for non-EU citizens to enter the Schengen area from 2022. Thousands of passengers arriving at check-in with a US destination seem to manage the burden of ESTA, a DCC and PLF is hardly a completely alien concept. If people cannot take it upon themselves to be aware of the rules for travel they have no-one to blame but themselves.

Belfast is a bit of an anomaly, but the UK requirements to get into the CTA are much more onerous than the Irish ones, depending on where you are arriving from. You are right that there are no checks on the border itself, once you come over the border you must fill out a PLF, it is an offence not to. If you are arriving in NI from outside the CTA you will have to have a pre-departure test before travel(Antigen, Lateral Flow or PCR), a PLF and a day 2 PCR, at a minimum. You would also require a day 8 test if you are not vaccinated. Or have been in MHQ for 10(?) days if coming from a red list country, regardless of vaccination status.

shamrock350

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm

The US Department of Transport has (finally) issued that Aer Lingus UK should be licensed and recognised as a foreign air carrier.

It must now wait 21 days for any objections to be filed before receiving final approval.

It allows Aer Lingus UK to open reservations to US originating passengers, for Aer Lingus Limited to market and sell tickets for Aer Lingus UK, to feature the EI code and to apply the BA code to agreed services as part of the prearranged code share.

Interestingly, the Department still expects Aer Lingus UK to transition to the independent marketing and sale of flights and use its own designator code. Aer Lingus Limited has been given exemption authority to market and sell flights for Aer Lingus UK until March 2022.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0250-0011

Explains the delay is US sales and BA code sharing. Now to wait the 21 days before final, final approval!

Fliplot

Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:19 pm

So the delays had nothing to do with covid! Typical EI no information is always rhe best iption.

shamrock350

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:05 pm

Fliplot wrote:
So the delays had nothing to do with covid! Typical EI no information is always rhe best iption.

The revised September 30 start date would still be possible even taking into account the latest ruling and 21 day wait period.

The initial license, with limitations, was awarded back in July by the UK and US authorities, the latest ruling by the US DOT largely seeks to remove those limitations such as opening up US point of sale & marketing and applying the BA code share.

Either way, the US remains closed to non citizens and those without prior permission to enter, it was always facing delay due to those measures.

Not sure what you mean by ‘no information’ as affected passengers were contacted accordingly and moved or refunded. Even if the regulatory process was a key factor in the delays, it’s naive to think any business (not just “typical EI” as you put it) would highlight them as the cause of delay when a more pressing issue in the form of covid travel restrictions remain in place.

OA260

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Airline spend up almost 50% in August, BoI data shows

Bank of Ireland customers spent almost 50% more on air travel in August than the previous month, according to new debit and credit card data.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0902/1244 ... ata-shows/

jdmz

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:03 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
al2637 wrote:

The PLF isn't even used for contract tracing for outbreaks, though. I was on a CDG to DUB flight where a variant of concern was identified, and was contacted by the HSE based on the contact details the airline had for me. I know this because I had used a different contact telephone number on the PLF - so I asked where my information was obtained from and the HSE employee informed me their policy was to use airline data, not PLF form data.

Which does somewhat make the whole thing rather pointless, if the HSE aren't even bothered/capable of using the data from it...

OA260

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:26 pm

jdmz wrote:
iRISH251 wrote:
al2637 wrote:

The PLF isn't even used for contract tracing for outbreaks, though. I was on a CDG to DUB flight where a variant of concern was identified, and was contacted by the HSE based on the contact details the airline had for me. I know this because I had used a different contact telephone number on the PLF - so I asked where my information was obtained from and the HSE employee informed me their policy was to use airline data, not PLF form data.

Which does somewhat make the whole thing rather pointless, if the HSE aren't even bothered/capable of using the data from it...

And then again there was a case a few weeks back where a booking of 5 had not provided the airline with a working contact number and the HSE were able to track them via the PLF so its not that black and white either.

EIDL

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:34 am

Emerald EAI 001 showing as a DUB-ORK trip on the departure boards in T2 this morning. Test data or test flight I wonder?

OA260

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:56 am

Positive signs in Knock Airport

Green shoots are showing for Ireland West Airport Knock after a devastating 18 months during Covid with 70% of the route network now restored

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/slig ... 04757.html

BDKLEZ

Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am

Blue Islands ATR72-500 G-ISLM currently holding over BFS en route from LTN, neither of which are part of their own network.

Anyone have any idea what he's doing? Charter perhaps?

shamrock350

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:23 pm

EIDL wrote:
Emerald EAI 001 showing as a DUB-ORK trip on the departure boards in T2 this morning. Test data or test flight I wonder?

Not sure if this actually operated but there are some proving flights planned. The aircraft, EI-GPP, now wears ‘Operated by Emerald Airlines’ stickers.

cc47

Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi All,
I'm flying KIR-DUB-KIR tomorrow for the craic and I'm wondering if I need PLFs for these flights, the whole thing is a bit onerous and if the purpose of these PLFs was to contact trace, surely the fact that it's a domestic flight would be irrelevant.
Cheers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos