Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:01 pm

Welcome to September folks :)



While we were thinking that things might improve, the virus had other ideas.
Here in the US, the August numbers are pointing down; daily pax, future reservations and such.

Few items to get things started:
-Starting Sept6th, unvaccinated pax need to present a Negative PCR test for domestic travel in Turkey
-IST-DFW to start this month, still not sure 2 x or 4 x Weekly
-Looks like TK will continue with 2 x Daily JFK and 1 X Daily EWR during the winter. I am going to try that EWR flight soon.
-And yes, IST PCR test results have QR codes on the printouts.

Thanks for your inputs all these years and keeping these threads informative, fun.
Please continue.

*** You can find last month's thread here: Turkish Aviation August 2021
 
Planes4you
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:18 pm

TK787 wrote:
Welcome to September folks :)




-IST-DFW to start this month, still not sure 2 x or 4 x Weekly

*** You can find last month's thread here: Turkish Aviation August 2021


It probably says that because it’s at the end of the month. It’ll probably be 4x the following months.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25678
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:05 pm

Thanks for a new thread . Hopefully will get to fly TK J and a few days in IST before the Winter .
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:20 pm

OA260 wrote:
Thanks for a new thread . Hopefully will get to fly TK J and a few days in IST before the Winter .

Lucky you, please give us a quick recap of your travels on Bon Voyage :)
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 am

How is the vaccination process in Turkey right now? Are there enough vaccines and are people getting vaccinated? It was in the news the other day that in some countries like Croatia, vaccination has almost completely stopped as people are not showing up.
 
atal17
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:56 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:01 am

How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:12 am

Blerg wrote:
How is the vaccination process in Turkey right now? Are there enough vaccines and are people getting vaccinated? It was in the news the other day that in some countries like Croatia, vaccination has almost completely stopped as people are not showing up.

The vaccinations are doing better now, 113 doses per 100 people. Mostly Pfizer, available to 15 yrs old and over. I wish they had more doses and start vaccinating 12 yrs olds soon, since the schools started.
Today; there are 23 cases per 100,000 and 252 dead. They are doing around 300,000 tests a day.
So far, 95 Million doses have been given; 48M 1st dose, 37M 2nd dose, 8.5M 3rd dose.
Close to 850,000 doses a day being administered.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:20 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
How is the vaccination process in Turkey right now? Are there enough vaccines and are people getting vaccinated? It was in the news the other day that in some countries like Croatia, vaccination has almost completely stopped as people are not showing up.

The vaccinations are doing better now, 113 doses per 100 people. Mostly Pfizer, available to 15 yrs old and over. I wish they had more doses and start vaccinating 12 yrs olds soon, since the schools started.
Today; there are 23 cases per 100,000 and 252 dead. They are doing around 300,000 tests a day.
So far, 95 Million doses have been given; 48M 1st dose, 37M 2nd dose, 8.5M 3rd dose.
Close to 850,000 doses a day being administered.


Great, thank you!
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Crazy video from airporthaber.com just happened at IST, half an hour ago; wind/rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UusMbgcHc5o&t=10s

And this is the recent METAR:
Wind 270° 11kt. Visibility 10km or more. Light thunderstorm rain. Clouds few 2000ft cumulonimbus, scattered 2500ft, broken 10000ft. Temperature 19°C, dew point 14°C. QNH 1016hPa. Recent thunderstorm rain. Becoming: Wind 340° 15kt. No significant weather.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25678
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:07 pm

I see IGA tweeted this a few hours ago:


Image
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 pm

OA260 wrote:
I see IGA tweeted this a few hours ago:


What is that about? Any ideas?
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25678
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:18 pm

TK787 wrote:
OA260 wrote:
I see IGA tweeted this a few hours ago:


What is that about? Any ideas?


I thought it was a streaming channel for ATC being launched ?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello all,
I finished up my trip with TK on Wednesday.

The first flight that I haven't yet reported on was onboard A321neo TC-LSC in economy. This was my first time on the neo, I thought the aircraft sounded beautiful. FAs were nice, not much other to report on though as I skipped the meal service. The power ports functioned well. We landed on runway 36, which was my first time using it. We taxied to the A pier, which took 11 minutes. This is exactly as long as the taxi time for my flight a few weeks ago that landed on runway 34R and went on to gate B1.

My final flight was TK1975 to Dublin onboard A333 TC-JNP. Economy class was 100% full, which was great to see. I had seat 40F, in the very last row. The seat felt unusually private for an economy seat because the row did not feel exposed to the aisle. I personally would prefer not to sit in that seat again though because it is virtually impossible to look out the window from there and the nose camera quality was fairly poor. The meal was decent, a mini smoked chicken sandwich, scrambled eggs and tomato slices with a side of olives, cheese, cucumber and tomato slices and a dessert of strawberry yoghurt. FAs were once again friendly. The power ports were alright, certainly better than on TC-JNH but not as good as on the 787 or A321neo.

Just a few more things, I purchased 250mb WiFi but in the space of a few minutes I was down to 110mb and not long after I was down to 9mb. I thought this was ridiculous as I did not use anything that would use up so much data. I did not run into this issue when I purchased WiFi a few weeks ago.

Finally, all Istanbul Airport workers we interacted with were friendly this year, in the past we were pretty much guaranteed to deal with an unfriendly worker.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Thanks for sharing
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:58 am

Has TK introduced more cuts to their winter timetable? Seems like the A330 is gone from many short and medium haul routes.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:42 am

Istanbul - Kukes with Air Albania seems to end on 26 September. Not sure if it will return next year
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:08 pm

TK to increase Cancun to 6 x W on Oct6th and Daily on Nov5th.
 
hohd
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:23 pm

atal17 wrote:
How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?


They have loaded BOM and DEL flights from Oct 1st. However it is dependent on getting the Government of India to lift the pandemic restrictions by that date.
 
emre787
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:55 pm

TK787 wrote:
TK to increase Cancun to 6 x W on Oct6th and Daily on Nov5th.

And Mexico City too as it's routed as IST-MEX-CUN-IST
 
emre787
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:11 pm

atal17 wrote:
How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?


Ulaanbaatar has been resumed on 5th September with 2 weekly A333 flights.

Other destinations are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Denpasar/Bali, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Antananarivo, Durban and Medina. A look at the current flight plan actually tells that there isn't that much left to restore anymore; let's hope the best for those destinations
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:34 pm

emre787 wrote:

Other destinations are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Denpasar/Bali, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Antananarivo, Durban and Medina. A look at the current flight plan actually tells that there isn't that much left to restore anymore; let's hope the best for those destinations


Do you mean these three PRC destinations (bold, italic & underlined) are currently off-limits or what...???
 
Nileblue
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:39 pm

emre787 wrote:
atal17 wrote:
How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?


Ulaanbaatar has been resumed on 5th September with 2 weekly A333 flights.

Other destinations are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Denpasar/Bali, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Antananarivo, Durban and Medina. A look at the current flight plan actually tells that there isn't that much left to restore anymore; let's hope the best for those destinations


Luxor (LXR) has yet to resume.
 
emre787
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:52 pm

mafaky wrote:
emre787 wrote:

Other destinations are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Denpasar/Bali, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Antananarivo, Durban and Medina. A look at the current flight plan actually tells that there isn't that much left to restore anymore; let's hope the best for those destinations


Do you mean these three PRC destinations (bold, italic & underlined) are currently off-limits or what...???


I just meant that pax flights to those 3 PRC destinations have not resumed yet (and I know that this is because of China's travel limitations)
 
atal17
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:56 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:34 am

emre787 wrote:
atal17 wrote:
How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?


Ulaanbaatar has been resumed on 5th September with 2 weekly A333 flights.


It doesn’t seem like those flights are running - TK’s website draws up nothing for IST-ULN
 
TK773ER
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:04 am

Latest Max9 TC-LYD for TK on it's way https://www.flightradar24.com/THY6832/2911a26f
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:16 am

Who is using these Cancun flights or are they being increased due to demand to MEX? Are Turks going there for holidays or are they after transfers.
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:28 am

TC–JPO Airbus A320–232 (msn 3567) was transferred to Air Albania today (08/09/2021), new Reg. According to Skylines–Aviation.de was ZA–ABC

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Albania-Turkish-Airlines/Airbus-A320-232/6488117/L
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:44 am

TK announces 5 x W flights to Mykolaiv, Ukraine starting Sept23rd according to airporthaber.com.
I wonder why, it is only 133km from Odessa, that TK already flies to.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:57 am

Mykolaiv is even nearer to Kherson (about 65 km away) which also has TK flights.
Kherson is about to undergo some major infrastructure works from mid-September, which will cause the airport to be closed for about 3 months
https://open4business.com.ua/kherson-in ... m-sept-20/
 
emre787
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:10 pm

atal17 wrote:
emre787 wrote:
atal17 wrote:
How many destinations has Turkish Airlines not resumed operations to, since the start of this pandemic from March 2020?

I can only think of Sharjah, Ulaan Batar, Mumbai, New Delhi - but are there any others?


Ulaanbaatar has been resumed on 5th September with 2 weekly A333 flights.


It doesn’t seem like those flights are running - TK’s website draws up nothing for IST-ULN


That's weird. According to Flightradar24, the flights are operating: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk236
Maybe you have to book the flight via agencies/embassies because of the current situation, who knows...
 
User avatar
airanatolia
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:51 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:06 am

Does anyone know when TK flights to DFW will commence?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:37 am

airanatolia wrote:
Does anyone know when TK flights to DFW will commence?

First announced to start Sept 24th,
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:34 pm

By the way, TK's IST-DUB is getting a 77W today, any special occasion?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:49 pm

TK787 wrote:
By the way, TK's IST-DUB is getting a 77W today, any special occasion?

The 777s are not so rare on the Dublin route anymore. In fact, the route used to be operated by 777s from April to mid July although there were much less frequencies. Even after then, a 777 has visited 2 or 3 more times. I think it may be to do with cargo. I've noticed that TK1985 to London, which is normally 777 operated has an A330-200 today, TK1977 to Dublin was originally meant to have an A330-200 from that particular batch of A330s so they may have swapped equipment between both routes.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Turkish Aerospace was awarded contracts to manufacture and supply tail section component for the B737 MAX 8 and over 400 parts and sub-assemblies for various Boeing platforms.

https://www.aero-mag.com/turkish-aerosp ... s-09092021
 
TK773ER
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 am

A Turkish Airline A330 found itself flying over Istanbul for four hours with a failed engine.TK42 departed for Johannesburg and found itself in trouble during the initial climb after the left engine emitted several loud noises and flames for a few seconds. The plane finally landed safely four hours and 25 minutes after departure.Fuel dumping is available in most long-haul aircraft and allows pilots to dump excess fuel using nozzles in the wings. However, A330 customers can choose whether or not to include a dumping mechanism since the aircraft can safely divert on a single engine. I was not aware A330 customers had a choice to include fuel dumping mechanisms ?
Also in the link you can see a video hats off to the pilots https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlin ... e-faliure/
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3922
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:03 am

TK773ER wrote:
A Turkish Airline A330 found itself flying over Istanbul for four hours with a failed engine.TK42 departed for Johannesburg and found itself in trouble during the initial climb after the left engine emitted several loud noises and flames for a few seconds. The plane finally landed safely four hours and 25 minutes after departure.Fuel dumping is available in most long-haul aircraft and allows pilots to dump excess fuel using nozzles in the wings. However, A330 customers can choose whether or not to include a dumping mechanism since the aircraft can safely divert on a single engine. I was not aware A330 customers had a choice to include fuel dumping mechanisms ?
Also in the link you can see a video hats off to the pilots https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlin ... e-faliure/


I would think that only the A330neo or the 238t/242t A330 would have a fuel dump as standard.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:05 am

emre787 wrote:
I just meant that pax flights to those 3 PRC destinations have not resumed yet (and I know that this is because of China's travel limitations)


Well the bad news is that these three destinations plus CAN may not be fully operational in the foreseeable future. Maybe even Hong Kong my be in jeopardy. The reason will be lack of demand, due to Covid-19 severe restrictions taken up by the Chinese authorities.

If you are a traveller (Chinese national or not) arriving at these for main airports in PRC you have to stay in quarantine for 14 days at a hotel that they will impose. And that hotel stay will be costly (as they also don't allow that hotel fully accommodated...) and with no outside visitors allowed.
But worse to come: esp. for foreigners domestic traveling by rail is practically prohibited and by air it depends on where want to go. Most of the other provinces will impose an additional 1 or even 2 weeks of additional quarantine.

That's the practice as of today, so in real world nobody's will be willing to come out of PRC or enter PRC so there's going t be very very low pax traffic between PRC and other parts of the world. Rumors murmur that these restrictions may take as far as mid-2022.
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 am

Blerg wrote:
How is the vaccination process in Turkey right now? Are there enough vaccines and are people getting vaccinated? It was in the news the other day that in some countries like Croatia, vaccination has almost completely stopped as people are not showing up.


The vaccination program in Turkey seems to be going quite well. 82% had their 1st dose, 64% have had two doses. Turkey is included in the EU vaccination certificate program. However, only the Pfizer vaccine is accepted for this so some people are getting a 3rd or 4th vaccination in order to get the EU certificate. Turkey also has its own vaccine, Turkovac, which is in trials right now.

It is compulsory to be fully vaccinated or to get a PCR test for all domestic flights in Turkey now, although exceptions are made for foreigners. This also applies to people travelling by bus or by train. Apparently this has caused problems for quite a lot of people who didn't know about the new rule.
 
User avatar
janders
Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:54 pm

The new Istanbul Airport captured the second spot in the "World's Best Awards 2021" votes by readers of Travel and Leisure Magazine.

https://www.routesonline.com/airports/1 ... orts-list/

(Singapore Changi won top airport spot).
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:53 am

janders wrote:
The new Istanbul Airport captured the second spot in the "World's Best Awards 2021" votes by readers of Travel and Leisure Magazine.

https://www.routesonline.com/airports/1 ... orts-list/

(Singapore Changi won top airport spot).


It looks absolutely ridiculous to me to evaluate any airport with the votes of an unknown number of voters, coming from different parts of the world at unknown numbers and with the voting open only for a 4-month period from January 11, 2021 through May 10, 2021. The survey doesn't cover the whole year, anyway, but they name it "Best of 2021..." ??? Although Singapore Changi is an excellent airport by all means, it's not very reasonable that it has been elected as the first rank, for 9 (nine) consecutive years!...
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:23 pm

TK has started sending A321neos to Addis Ababa - interesting because this route used to be religiously operated by 737s, almost always 737-800s. I noted an extra one-off (test?) flight to Addis Ababa operated by an A321neo about a month or two ago, so I suspected that the route might switch to them. I wonder if they'll start sending A321neos to more African destinations?
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:29 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
TK has started sending A321neos to Addis Ababa - interesting because this route used to be religiously operated by 737s, almost always 737-800s. I noted an extra one-off (test?) flight to Addis Ababa operated by an A321neo about a month or two ago, so I suspected that the route might switch to them. I wonder if they'll start sending A321neos to more African destinations?


I suppose the A321neo might be more efficient and maybe it has better performance out of high altitude airports.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:15 pm

I am still trying to get used to the idea that TK has 787s :) ,my username.
This morning, it is still amazing to follow these TK birds crossing the Atlantic to destinations; MEX, HAV, BOG.
Just wanted to share this.
 
emre787
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 pm

TK787 wrote:
I am still trying to get used to the idea that TK has 787s :) ,my username.
This morning, it is still amazing to follow these TK birds crossing the Atlantic to destinations; MEX, HAV, BOG.
Just wanted to share this.


Can only agree with you. Also, it's really amazing to see the additional North American flights, something we could have only imagine some years ago (except for JFK) :D
 
Blerg
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:31 pm

There was a situation I would like to share with you and to see if you know anyone who experienced something similar.
Two friends of mine were supposed to travel BEG-IST-ORD on TK. They came to BEG, got their boarding passes, luggage was checked in and just before boarding some names were called and theirs was among them. They cam to the counter and were told that their antigen test was refused by US authorities (even though it was previous ok-ed by the check in agent) and that they can't go. They asked what is the exact reason and the TK gate agent said that they are not obliged to explain themselves.
They were told to go to the office where they were rebooked on another flight in two days.

Now all this sounds like denied boarding and TK trying to get out of paying them compensation. I suppose the A321 was overbooked. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:37 pm

TC-JRR, a TK A321, has been painted in the Star Alliance livery. This means that 8 of the JR A321s have the Star Alliance livery and 10 of them have some sort of a special livery!

Star Alliance livery
JRA
JRB
JRD
JRL
JRP
JRR
JRS
JRY

Other special liveries
JRG (Discover the Potential)
JRO (Euroleague)
 
Turkish350XWB
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:13 pm

TK787 wrote:
I am still trying to get used to the idea that TK has 787s :) ,my username.
This morning, it is still amazing to follow these TK birds crossing the Atlantic to destinations; MEX, HAV, BOG.
Just wanted to share this.


Same here...
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25563
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Emirates gains its long-held wish and will introduce the A380 to IST effective October 1st.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... n-dxb-ist/

mafaky wrote:
It looks absolutely ridiculous to me to evaluate any airport with the votes of an unknown number of voters, coming from different parts of the world at unknown numbers and with the voting open only for a 4-month period from January 11, 2021 through May 10, 2021. The survey doesn't cover the whole year, anyway, but they name it "Best of 2021..." ??? Although Singapore Changi is an excellent airport by all means, it's not very reasonable that it has been elected as the first rank, for 9 (nine) consecutive years!...


In fairness Travel + Leisure has been conduction this reader survey for a long time, so they have their methodology and follow the same exact process each year. The voting period is always only a few months period, and asks readers to reflect back on their experiences.
So while as the magazine states many spent less time in less time traveling over the past year, readers still were able to rate airports, hotels, cruises, airlines, car rental based on their prior experience.

Anyhow congrats to IST!
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 pm

And here is my piece of news:
I arrived at IST on TK4 today from JFK. Just another JFK-IST experience on TK J class for me.
32J 250Y on board, with a huge group of NorthEastern college kids traveling to Thessaloniki for a study abroad program.
Another crazy view was to see a TK Cargo taking off in front of us at JFK Runway 13L. Never seen two TK birds back to back at JFK before.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos