Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NorseFA
Topic Author

Orlando Sanford International Airport?

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:40 pm

Despite living in Florida for many years, I just found out that Orlando has another airport 45 minutes north of MCO called "Sanford," which also has international traffic.

Being that Sanford is farther away from downtown Orlando and the major theme parks, why would an airline choose to fly into Sanford?

MO11

Re: Orlando Sanford International Airport?

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:46 am

Because the rents and fees at SFB are a fraction of what MCO charges.

TerminalD

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:51 am

NorseFA wrote:
Despite living in Florida for many years, I just found out that Orlando has another airport 45 minutes north of MCO called "Sanford," which also has international traffic.

Being that Sanford is farther away from downtown Orlando and the major theme parks, why would an airline choose to fly into Sanford?

Because MCO is a huge airport and it recently took me an hour from my arrival gate to driving away in my rental car. That eats into that 45 minutes. MCO is also losing Disney’s Magical Express as a free Disney transportation option next year.

DeltaRules

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:20 am

NorseFA wrote:

MO11 wrote:
Because the rents and fees at SFB are a fraction of what MCO charges.

And SFB's big airline, G4, tried to move to MCO only for, IIRC, the passengers to say they wanted them to go BACK to SFB.

Plus, there are other destinations in the area. I have a family friend from the UK who used Thomson/TUI into SFB to get to Daytona.

chunhimlai

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:20 am

In fact all 3 Orlando airports with regular commercial services were former air base

DLX737200

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:47 am

TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

Because MCO is a huge airport and it recently took me an hour from my arrival gate to driving away in my rental car. That eats into that 45 minutes. MCO is also losing Disney’s Magical Express as a free Disney transportation option next year.

That's it? 1 hour? When I flew into MCO in July it took me an hour from parking to getting my luggage and then another hour in line at the rental agency to make a total of 2 hours from parking to driving away.

Boeing74741R

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 am

NorseFA wrote:

SFB started to pick up a lot of airlines due to lower fees, hence why the UK/European charter airlines all operated out of SFB. However, there's just one airline left which is TUI but they're supposed to be moving to MLB next year.

MCO is closer to the parks than SFB, no question. MLB is further still and can either be 67 or 78 miles to the entrance to Disney depending on the route you take (Google Maps reckons similar journey times). Ultimately, it will depend where you're going to. Contrary to popular belief, not all visitors are there exclusively for the parks and Orlando area.

DLX737200 wrote:
That's it? 1 hour? When I flew into MCO in July it took me an hour from parking to getting my luggage and then another hour in line at the rental agency to make a total of 2 hours from parking to driving away.

When I last flew into MCO 5 years ago, it took about an hour from arriving at the gate to leaving the Dollar garage with our car, which was nice and matched my best case scenario prediction as we had just been on a 9hr flight having been up for almost 15hrs at that point and had a 2hr drive to the Gulf Coast ahead of us. This was between 5pm-6pm on a Saturday. That also included getting through immigration which I understand can be chaotic at MCO when there's more than one flight, though this was before they redeveloped the immigration hall and I can't comment what it's like now as COVID forced the cancellation of our planned trip to Florida last year. Flying PE on VS helped as Upper and PE luggage are usually off first and on a separate belt before Y, as well as being one of the first off the plane given where our seats were relative to the door.

I guess you were unfortunate that you arrived at a busy time.

MIflyer12

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:58 am

Boeing74741R wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

SFB started to pick up a lot of airlines due to lower fees, hence why the UK/European charter airlines all operated out of SFB. However, there's just one airline left which is TUI but they're supposed to be moving to MLB next year.

MCO is closer to the parks than SFB, no question. MLB is further still and can either be 67 or 78 miles to the entrance to Disney depending on the route you take (Google Maps reckons similar journey times). Ultimately, it will depend where you're going to. Contrary to popular belief, not all visitors are there exclusively for the parks and Orlando area.

Carriers have to balance purported lower airport fees against loss in yields from many passengers who have a preference for MCO, or who don't even know Orlando-Sanford exists when they start a fare search. Domestic and international carriers overwhelmingly choose MCO.

Remember the NAS services to Stewart SWF, and hour and a half north of NYC? That didn't work out very well. My favorite low cost carrier geographic deception: Frankfurt-Hahn, 2:15 by public transit from the Frankfurt Hauptbanhof.

Rather than downtown Orlando or theme park layovers, the OP might wind up in an amenity-desert near a swamp by Orlando-Sanford.

Here's a cheeky View From The Wing piece about Melbourne-Orlando and other distorted uses of geographic names.

https://viewfromthewing.com/this-orland ... -its-name/

TerminalD

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:59 am

DLX737200 wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

It took an hour and I had no checked luggage. That was just the trains and waiting for the rental car process. If I had checked luggage it could have been 100 minutes.

AAMDanny

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:12 am

SFB in its prime handled pretty much all of the UK-Orlando traffic apart from BA and VS who operated in to MCO.

The flights were generally on behalf of tour/bundled vacation operators offering flights, accommodation and sometimes car hire. As mentioned previously the purpose for choosing SFB over MCO was that is was cheaper to operate to SFB. SFB seen airlines such as Britannia, Air 2000, Airtours/MyTravel, JMC, Monarch, Air Scandic, European Air Charter, TravelCityDirect/Excel, Air Atlanta Europe all operate regular services in and out. Now it's just TUI and they are planning to operate to Melbourne as already mentioned.

Personally I've used both MCO and SFB, and I found SFB much quicker to clear customs and immigration than MCO. And in the past it has saved me quite a few £££'s in opting to fly to SFB.

F27500

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 pm

chunhimlai wrote:
In fact all 3 Orlando airports with regular commercial services were former air base

Three?

Murdoughnut

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:11 pm

1.5 hours for me to get a cab from MCO back in June. I've known people who flew into TPA because the time to get a rental car and get to Disney was a wash.

phatfarmlines

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 pm

AAMDanny wrote:
SFB in its prime handled pretty much all of the UK-Orlando traffic apart from BA and VS who operated in to MCO.

The 2000s were indeed a golden era for SFB. Anyone have data showing when these flights started to unravel?

I imagine SFB is okay losing these flights if it means G4 picks up the slack (with its own US network, not Transatlantic ops).

Boeing74741R

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:28 pm

AAMDanny wrote:

The flights were generally on behalf of tour/bundled vacation operators offering flights, accommodation and sometimes car hire. As mentioned previously the purpose for choosing SFB over MCO was that is was cheaper to operate to SFB. SFB seen airlines such as Britannia, Air 2000, Airtours/MyTravel, JMC, Monarch, Air Scandic, European Air Charter, TravelCityDirect/Excel, Air Atlanta Europe all operate regular services in and out. Now it's just TUI and they are planning to operate to Melbourne as already mentioned.

Personally I've used both MCO and SFB, and I found SFB much quicker to clear customs and immigration than MCO. And in the past it has saved me quite a few £££'s in opting to fly to SFB.

Another name to add to the list is Flyglobespan when they got hold of some 767's.

For the benefit of those who aren't in the UK, it's also worth stating why SFB's UK-originating traffic and airlines has decimated. Quite simply, most of those airlines have either merged with others, gone bust or don't operate those sort of charters anymore. I think Jet2 were once tipped to operate to SFB had they acquired 767s like they were rumoured to at the time, but nothing came of it. Same with that Flywho outfit who had aspirations to fly from BHX to SFB and PIE, but never operated a flight and ended up on BBC Watchdog!

Thomas Cook operated to SFB until 2014 when they switched to MCO, though we all know what happened to them just 2 years ago.

Not UK-related, but I remember Icelandair doing the opposite to Allegiant and switched to SFB for a number of years before reverting to MCO.

As a further aside, after XL UK went bust, the Travel City Direct brand was acquired by Virgin Holidays and continued to offer Florida package holidays with accommodation generally more value for money/lower end compared to Virgin Holidays and the flight elements were with VS. However, I see Virgin Holidays retired the Travel City Direct brand in 2018. It's amazing how the market has changed compared to the prime years for SFB which, I would say, was mid-2000's.

TVNWZ

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:43 pm

Smart people use TPA. Fast to the rental cars and an hour and some change to Disney.

orlandocfi

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 pm

F27500 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:

Three?

MLB is now marketed as Melbourne-Orlando Intl Airport. Feels like a bit of a stretch.

bfitzflyer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:04 pm

TVNWZ wrote:
Smart people use TPA. Fast to the rental cars and an hour and some change to Disney.

TPA rental car is not fast. It used to be, but since they moved it, I would estimate it adds at least 15 minutes to a half hour just to get the rental car. Frankly MCO rental car pickup/drop off is easier.

tjwgrr

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:22 pm

orlandocfi wrote:
F27500 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:

Three?

MLB is now marketed as Melbourne-Orlando Intl Airport. Feels like a bit of a stretch.

Like Chicago-Rockford International Airport..... 85 miles on I-90 to downtown Chicago. What a joke.

jscottwomack

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:33 pm

The trick with Orlando is to Uber/Lyft from MCO to your hotel. If you need a rental car, there are several places near all the hotels / theme parks. Saves money and more importantly TIME! If you don't check a bag, you can go from plane to hotel on theme park property in 45 minutes.While SFB might have cheaper flights, it is not worth the headache. By the time you pay all the extra fees for carry on bags/ checked bags etc, you might as well have flown into MCO. Plus with SW, Spirit, Frontier, AA, UAL, DAL, JB all flying into MCO, There is ALWAYS a Great Fare into MCO if you take 30 minutes to do some checking. PLUS the Hyatt Regency at MCO is the best hotel for plane spotters.

F27500

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:32 pm

jscottwomack wrote:
The trick with Orlando is to Uber/Lyft from MCO to your hotel. If you need a rental car, there are several places near all the hotels / theme parks. Saves money and more importantly TIME! If you don't check a bag, you can go from plane to hotel on theme park property in 45 minutes.While SFB might have cheaper flights, it is not worth the headache. By the time you pay all the extra fees for carry on bags/ checked bags etc, you might as well have flown into MCO. Plus with SW, Spirit, Frontier, AA, UAL, DAL, JB all flying into MCO, There is ALWAYS a Great Fare into MCO if you take 30 minutes to do some checking. PLUS the Hyatt Regency at MCO is the best hotel for plane spotters.

Except that all the airlines (except WN) who fly into MCO also charge bag fees, seat fees, etc .. so MCO does not end up being any cheaper. Just like SFB .. the "Great Fare" you mentioned into MCO is also a rock bottom one that includes nothing.
Last edited by F27500 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F27500

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:32 pm

orlandocfi wrote:
F27500 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:

Three?

.. it is . quite a stretch. MCO to our condo on Cape Canaveral Beach is a good 45 minute ride .. and MLB is even farther! That marketing for MLB "being" Orlando area is hilarious! Whats next? "Ft. Myers-Tampa International Airport"? LOL ;)

2travel2know2

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:37 pm

More than once, there've been attempts to compare what SFB is to MCO, to what FLL is to MIA.
Sadly, the surrounding areas around SFB don't have the appeal and critical passenger mass to prove that (yet).
Avoiding MCO's long immigration and rent-a-car queues because of a SFB arrival still won't attract that many people.
Perhaps there are some passengers (I included) who'd rather trade all that time on a MCO queue for time driving to my hotel in Lake Buena Vista area.
Recently I had to endure CM MCO check-in 2 departures 10-15 minutes apart and it was an awful experience. In the counter and at the gates.
I'd dare to say, that I wished one of those flights departing times so close to each other, had operated into SFB instead of MCO.
Right now CM has Orlando bound passengers flying to FLL and/or MIA (not even TPA) because CM MCO fares are usually much higher plus MCO flights have low availably.
Does CM could fill flights to/from SFB now?
IMHO, As long as those flights will operate at specific times and/or specific days, yes.
Worth mentioning, someone bound for Jacksonville, Thalahasse or Savannah would prefer to drive from SFB instead of MCO.

aviationjunky

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:38 pm

The airlines that have chosen SFB as their Orlando-based airport typically do it for the low landing fees, compared to that of MCO. These airlines are all low-cost carriers or charters.

G4 (Allegiant Air) is the largest and only year-round carrier serving the airport, serving over 60 year-round routes, with almost 15 additional seasonal routes. All other carriers are seasonal. The other carriers are PY (Surinam Airways), BY (TUI Airways), and EB (Wamos Air. F8 (Flair Airlines) and WO (Swoop) both start service in October. Unfortunately, BY is ending their service in November and moving "Orlando" service to MLB at the start of their next seasonal season.

COSPN

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:13 pm

What is happening to Disney’s Magical express .? I saw a rail track being laid to the airport how long will take take .? Where will it go .?

AirWorthy99

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:46 pm

They should make KISM open for commercial flights. Its a lot closer to WDW if that's what people look forward to.

That would make 4 Orlando area airports. Then you have Lakeland also to the mix.

nkops

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:54 pm

COSPN wrote:
What is happening to Disney’s Magical express .? I saw a rail track being laid to the airport how long will take take .? Where will it go .?

Disney stopped it during the pandemic and decided not to bring it back. I am not sure if Mears (who operated it) is still doing bus runs to the park or not.

As far as SFB, they had their busiest year in 2019 with 3.3 million pax. The loss of TUI will hurt but they also gain Swoop and Flair in Oct/Nov. Wamos was suppose to start service from MAD but that was put on hold and is still suppose to happen but not sure when. AAY has added a lot of flights also. SFB has just completed the new concourse which added 4 more gate to bring the total to 16 which are mostly used by AAY at this point. I would like to see AAY start int'l service out of SFB to Caribbean and central America

James42

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:00 pm

I've flown into SFB twice, once in 1999 on a Disney-themed Air 2000 flight and again in 2001 with Britannia Airways. Both times from LGW.

MLIAA

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:08 pm

A lot of Daytona/Smyrna travelers use SFB. Lot more options that DAB and much closer than MCO.

CitrusCritter

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:18 pm

TVNWZ wrote:

That's hilarious. You'd lose whatever time sitting on I-4 in Polk County. Completely nightmarish compared to 417 to Disney from MCO or SFB.

MIflyer12

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:13 pm

MLIAA wrote:
A lot of Daytona/Smyrna travelers use SFB. Lot more options that DAB and much closer than MCO.

Sure, if one places no value on frequency or connectivity. For KSFB between 9:38am and 3:34pm today, Flightaware shows the total scheduled passenger service as an Allegiant flight to Knoxville. Business travelers can't operate with that. I'll take 4x DAB-ATL or 4x DAB-CLT and onward to a hundred more destinations, thanks.

TVNWZ

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:24 pm

CitrusCritter wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:

That's hilarious. You'd lose whatever time sitting on I-4 in Polk County. Completely nightmarish compared to 417 to Disney from MCO or SFB.

That’s hilarious. I drive it several times a month. Sorry you have bad luck.

CIDFlyer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 pm

I’ve used SFB before and I love it. For those who say MCO would be quicker, many of the markets G4 flies from SFB Orlando is the only non stop option. If the flight times work then go for it. I like the convenience of it. I have to laugh because of people pointing out that MCO saves time not necessarily. The time it takes for someone to fly to MCO from most of the cities G4 flies from would involve layovers at congested airports like CLT ORD and ATL. You don’t deal with that by flying G4 to SFB

MLIAA

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
MIflyer12 wrote:
MLIAA wrote:

Sure, if one places no value on frequency or connectivity. For KSFB between 9:38am and 3:34pm today, Flightaware shows the total scheduled passenger service as an Allegiant flight to Knoxville. Business travelers can't operate with that. I'll take 4x DAB-ATL or 4x DAB-CLT and onward to a hundred more destinations, thanks.

I don’t disagree with you. But Daytona and even Orlando aren’t exactly business markets.

Allegiant has an impressive route map from SFB, and while the frequency may not be impressive, the route map is. And most leisure travelers prefer non-stop flights.

MCOflyer

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:18 am

I have taken Sanford once, and will do it again in a heartbeat. The last time I had the option of flying, I drove because it was actually cheaper.

bchandl

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:05 pm

TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

They're losing it because ridership has been down, even before Covid. People are electing to rent cars, or simply grab an Uber/Lyft which is a marginal cost, when you consider what it costs to stay at Disney and go to the parks in the first place.

And we're missing the entire point. This isn't a situation like MIA/FLL where you can really choose your destination on your preferred airline. Airlines almost always serve both destinations.

[Domestically] Your only option to fly into SFB is to fly Allegiant which is, for the average Disney goer, non-av enthusiast, is not an airline they frequent or can even realistically use as they don't offer connections and therefore their route map (and frequency) is limited. Even if you know of Allegiant and have the local airport as a SFB connection airport, I'm personally not leaving my vacation to the whims of Allegiant's issues with sticking to their flight schedules.

Disney goers do fly into SFB but that's limited to price inelastic flyers. Basically no flyers are choosing Allegiant and SFB because it takes time to deplane, get landside and to the baggage claim/rental car pickup areas over an hour of time. If your Allegiant flight only leaves 1hr delayed you should pray to the flight gods for the good fortune.

TerminalD

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:56 am

bchandl wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

They're losing it because ridership has been down, even before Covid. People are electing to rent cars, or simply grab an Uber/Lyft which is a marginal cost, when you consider what it costs to stay at Disney and go to the parks in the first place.

And we're missing the entire point. This isn't a situation like MIA/FLL where you can really choose your destination on your preferred airline. Airlines almost always serve both destinations.

[Domestically] Your only option to fly into SFB is to fly Allegiant which is, for the average Disney goer, non-av enthusiast, is not an airline they frequent or can even realistically use as they don't offer connections and therefore their route map (and frequency) is limited. Even if you know of Allegiant and have the local airport as a SFB connection airport, I'm personally not leaving my vacation to the whims of Allegiant's issues with sticking to their flight schedules.

Disney goers do fly into SFB but that's limited to price inelastic flyers. Basically no flyers are choosing Allegiant and SFB because it takes time to deplane, get landside and to the baggage claim/rental car pickup areas over an hour of time. If your Allegiant flight only leaves 1hr delayed you should pray to the flight gods for the good fortune.

G4 at SFB has been much more reliable than NK at MCO this Summer. The problem for the OP is that SFB has no destinations aimed at residents of Central Florida so nobody uses it who lives there. I think they need to get CLT/ATL and then they will be a real option for what is becoming traffic-laden Orlando. The North side of Orlando is also growing nicely. That's the next step for SFB. AA would be smart to add CLT. DL won't do it as they already dominate the high end market for Central Florida residents. They might follow AA, though.

Kno

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:03 pm

jscottwomack wrote:

I usually Uber to an off airport rental car facility on the way to where I’m staying - it’s a great life hack in not just Orlando, but in every city. Sure I might pay $10 for an Uber but I’ve just avoided a crowded shuttle bus or tram ride, a whole bunch of waiting, long lines, etc - and my off airport car rental is almost always going to be so much cheaper it offsets the cost of the uber ride and then some.

n92r03

Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm

I have never flown in/out of Sanford but used to do business nearby. There were facilities along the north side of the field that had interesting older birds that had their last flights years ago. IIRC some DHL A-300's, some 727's, 732's, etc. I believe CX flew a couple 744's to SFB back in the day for scrapping. Not sure if I am remembering correctly but I think the Peter Nygard 727 used to sit on the ramp on the west side.

readytotaxi

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:04 pm

MCO's problem was that Intl flights tended to arrive more or less at the same time in the afternoon, Virgin sometimes had 4, BA 2 Lufthansa 1, awful wait times at CBP. Sandford is a good airport with good connections, but all quiet now, when will the US start issuing tourist visas again?

jomur

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:12 pm

TVNWZ wrote:

readytotaxi wrote:
MCO's problem was that Intl flights tended to arrive more or less at the same time in the afternoon, Virgin sometimes had 4, BA 2 Lufthansa 1, awful wait times at CBP. Sandford is a good airport with good connections, but all quiet now, when will the US start issuing tourist visas again?

We have on several times been in Magic Kingdom 2 hours after wheels down at MCO coming from the UK and that also includes checking into our hotel and having a quick refresh. It all depends on what time you flight arrives and how many other international flights there are which is why we travel on the days we do now, less people about.

Lootess

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Recent OIA marketing has been: MCO = Much Closer to Orlando

That says it all.

f4f3a

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Remember seeing a great variety of a/c going into sfb in the 2000s. From the 727s of pan am to my 80s 767s 747s and even a Tristar

HIA350

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Same here in march 2.5 hrs in july 2 hrs to get form airport to longwood

quote="DLX737200"]
TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

That's it? 1 hour? When I flew into MCO in July it took me an hour from parking to getting my luggage and then another hour in line at the rental agency to make a total of 2 hours from parking to driving away.[/quote]

jeffrey1970

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:56 pm

TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

That is because Brightline is going to have a non-stop train from MCO to Disney.

IFlyVeryLittle

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Sanford has the advantage of being very close to a key highway that links it to the tourist district without much trouble at all. Melbourne, on the other hand, makes sense if the beaches are the ultimate destination or a self-drive voyage to the cruise terminal. But as an alternative to arrive at the Orlando metro area? Forget it. Plus, it will probably be more expensive a ticket.

IFlyVeryLittle

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:48 pm

TVNWZ wrote:
CitrusCritter wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:

I-4 to or from Orlando and Tampa for the purposes of a flight is a dangerous game. Lived in the region for 30+ years and have driven that stretch probably 200 times. Not counting late night runs, probably 70% of them involved a complete-stop traffic jam at least once.

Cardude2

Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:57 pm

either way MCO is getting train service with brightline to Disney in 4 years which would make the rest redundant.

bchandl

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:19 pm

jeffrey1970 wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
NorseFA wrote:

That is because Brightline is going to have a non-stop train from MCO to Disney.

Any idea where exactly the terminus at Disney will be? That will have a huge impact on the success of the program.

That and educating any riders landing at Terminals A or B that the rail transpo hub is actually at C, so they presumably have to catch the tram to their luggage then another tram to C, then onto their Brightline.

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:
CitrusCritter wrote:

I-4 to or from Orlando and Tampa for the purposes of a flight is a dangerous game. Lived in the region for 30+ years and have driven that stretch probably 200 times. Not counting late night runs, probably 70% of them involved a complete-stop traffic jam at least once.

I-4 from Celebration to Lakeland is a disgusting nightmare of a road. The guy who says getting stopped on I-4 is "bad luck" doesn't drive it enough to even remotely have a clue. Getting stopped there isn't bad luck, it's just plainly a reality of that road.

phxa340

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:46 pm

TVNWZ wrote:
CitrusCritter wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:

Same with me and still have no idea how you are saying it is faster to fly into TPA. I4 is a mess - pretty much everyday - coming from TPA to Disney.

GVIIO

Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:37 am

I drive I4 everyday and none of this is remotely true if you drive between 10am-2pm its only about an hour and 15 mins from MCO-TPA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos