Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

codc10

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q4 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:05 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N218UA and N224UA PW 777-200 are both scheduled to exit ROW storage and ferry ROW-SFO-HNL-GUM-XMN for MX

Seems as though a lot of PW birds have been through maintenance lately. Are these for the cowling/nacelle mods or just regular HMV to keep them ready for expedited RTS once the cowling/nacelle issue is resolved?

I believe the latter. The proposed cowling mod has not been approved, as far as I know.

sldispatcher

Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Are number of banks at DEN/IAH/ORD back to the 2019 number (realizing that doesn’t mean same number of flights)?

Acey559

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:28 pm

adamblang wrote:
United Delays Heathrow-Boston but Commits to UK and Ireland Rebuild - TTG

On BOS-LHR:
...the US travel ban on UK citizens meant United’s launch would now be delayed, its UK and Ireland sales director Bob Schumacher said.

He added the start would be “more than likely be the start of summer” next year. Boston is a JetBlue hub, but Schumacher said: “We believe it a strong enough point to point market."

On LAX-LHR and DEN-LHR:
It will not serve its other hubs at Los Angeles or Denver from the UK “probably until early next year”, said Schumacher.

Hinting at some eastern-U.S. frequency adds from LHR?
We’re serving the most easterly points, that will likely be supplemented in December.

Rest of U.K. is a little hazy:
“Edinburgh will be first, hopefully from the end of March,” said Schumacher.

Glasgow and Manchester would be back in the schedules “but not before summer 2022”, he added. The seasonal Edinburgh routes to Chicago and Washington would also return at some point.

Ireland will be status-quo for a while, it seems.
In Ireland, United is flying Dublin-Newark and considering reinstating the Dublin-Chicago service but will not reintroduce Dublin-Washington until summer 2022.

“We’re keeping the light on; at some point we would love to go back to Shannon,” he said, but added this depended on US originating passengers who were 80% of Shannon sales.

Odd because we have been flying ORD-DUB for at least the last few months. Is it going away and then coming back? I'm wondering out loud because it was in our (767) bids for October but it's not in the November bids. I figured it was going to the 787 but perhaps it's being dropped for a bit?

rjbesikof

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Acey559 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

On BOS-LHR:
...the US travel ban on UK citizens meant United’s launch would now be delayed, its UK and Ireland sales director Bob Schumacher said.

He added the start would be “more than likely be the start of summer” next year. Boston is a JetBlue hub, but Schumacher said: “We believe it a strong enough point to point market."

On LAX-LHR and DEN-LHR:
It will not serve its other hubs at Los Angeles or Denver from the UK “probably until early next year”, said Schumacher.

We’re serving the most easterly points, that will likely be supplemented in December.

“Edinburgh will be first, hopefully from the end of March,” said Schumacher.

Glasgow and Manchester would be back in the schedules “but not before summer 2022”, he added. The seasonal Edinburgh routes to Chicago and Washington would also return at some point.

In Ireland, United is flying Dublin-Newark and considering reinstating the Dublin-Chicago service but will not reintroduce Dublin-Washington until summer 2022.

“We’re keeping the light on; at some point we would love to go back to Shannon,” he said, but added this depended on US originating passengers who were 80% of Shannon sales.

Odd because we have been flying ORD-DUB for at least the last few months. Is it going away and then coming back? I'm wondering out loud because it was in our (767) bids for October but it's not in the November bids. I figured it was going to the 787 but perhaps it's being dropped for a bit?

UA ORD-DUB is seasonal. Odd they did not mention SFO-DUB which is now scheduled for late March. Are they still planning on launching the San Francisco route?

Acey559

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:40 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
Acey559 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

On BOS-LHR:

On LAX-LHR and DEN-LHR:

UA ORD-DUB is seasonal. Odd they did not mention SFO-DUB which is now scheduled for late March. Are they still planning on launching the San Francisco route?

Ah I see. I know EDI and GLA are but I didn't realize DUB is as well, thanks.

Nicknuzzii

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:32 am

I see that United updated their Jan and Feb schedules this weekend. How solid are these? If they hold to even a decent extent I will be very impressed.

rjbesikof

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:43 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
I see that United updated their Jan and Feb schedules this weekend. How solid are these? If they hold to even a decent extent I will be very impressed.

SFO-SIN/HND/HKG are still scheduled to operate in January, which sounds overly ambitious since most of Asia with the exception of Thailand and Singapore are closed for tourism. Of these, I'd say SIN is most likely to run, and that's if the Singapore government designates UA1/2 as a VTL flight.

Nicknuzzii

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 am

rjbesikof wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

SFO-SIN/HND/HKG are still scheduled to operate in January, which sounds overly ambitious since most of Asia with the exception of Thailand and Singapore are closed for tourism. Of these, I'd say SIN is most likely to run, and that's if the Singapore government designates UA1/2 as a VTL flight.

Sorry I have only looked at domestic.

andrew1996

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:11 am

Wonder if UA will push forward the relaunch of SIN in light of Singapore now open to vaccinated US-based travellers (and USA is open to Singapore-based traveller). Apprently the border was reopened partly from lobbying from the US government - wonder if that will play a role in persuading UA to relaunch the flight or the fact that the US government did lobby (at least according to media reports) signals strong pent up demand, especially with all the American expats in Singapore who have been unable to leave Singapore easily since MArch 2020. The flight would also benefit from the fact that Singapore has reopened its border to Canadian-based travellers but without a direct vaccinated flight between Canada and Singapore, UA would be able to capitalize on this transit flight as there is otherwise not much other dedicated vaccianted flight options between North America and Singapore (For context, in order for travellers to enter Singapore their final flight into Singapore must be on a designated vaccinated traveller flight where all passengers must be vaccinated)

jmsantafe

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:29 am

Cmac787 wrote:
N75410 737-900 non ER is scheduled to exit ROW storage and ferry to MCO MX F2717/05 Oct

Interesting. I spoke with a pilot on a -900ER and he said the performance on the -900's were awful and he hoped that they stayed in storage.

Cmac787

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:13 pm

N482UA A320 is scheduled to exit BFM MX and ferry to IAH F2697/11oct

masseybrown

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:19 pm

There was an interesting charter last week. A Bombardier Challenger flew KEF-CLE on Thursday, arriving mid-afternoon and went back again Friday after close of business. My narrow-gauge mind wonders if the passenger(s) went to the Clinic or the airport management office.

adamblang

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:28 pm

jmsantafe wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N75410 737-900 non ER is scheduled to exit ROW storage and ferry to MCO MX F2717/05 Oct

Interesting. I spoke with a pilot on a -900ER and he said the performance on the -900's were awful and he hoped that they stayed in storage.

It's been rehashed on this thread a few dozen times —
  • United needs more narrow-bodies than it has
  • The 737-900 non-ER is perfectly fine for shorter, volume routes like Houston to Florida
  • Network and fleet planners aren't going to leave useful aircraft parked to make happy a few folks who don't want to do hard performance math

adamh8297

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:17 pm

adamblang wrote:

On BOS-LHR:

Does that mean June 2022-ish? For some reason, that is when I expected them to re-enter BOS-LHR if at all since they have not loaded anything yet.

STT757

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Sam Chui interviewed Scott Kirby, the take away is the United Airlines CEO is very bullish on the return of trans-Atlantic travel next Summer. Asia travel might not be back until 2023.

https://samchui.com/2021/10/11/united-airlines-ceo-next-summer-will-be-the-busiest-trans-atlantic-traffic-ever/

adamblang

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:33 pm

STT757 wrote:
Sam Chui interviewed Scott Kirby, the take away is the United Airlines CEO is very bullish on the return of trans-Atlantic travel next Summer. Asia travel might not be back until 2023.

https://samchui.com/2021/10/11/united-airlines-ceo-next-summer-will-be-the-busiest-trans-atlantic-traffic-ever/

Thanks for this!

Kirby told me that the dedicated 50-60 wide-body aircraft, which United operates on Transpacific routes, will be redeployed. “We are by far the largest US airline to Asia. Now we re-deploy many of these Pacific fleet aircraft to Europe as well domestically, as well as on newly added flights to Africa, India and the Middle East.“

Given Europe stage lengths are about 1/2 to 2/3 Asia stage lengths, that's a lot of routes!

audidudi

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Another ex-EasyJet A319, G-EZAJ, has been registered as N6310U, and will ferry from QLA to the US soon.

STT757

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:33 pm

adamblang wrote:
STT757 wrote:

Thanks for this!

Kirby told me that the dedicated 50-60 wide-body aircraft, which United operates on Transpacific routes, will be redeployed. “We are by far the largest US airline to Asia. Now we re-deploy many of these Pacific fleet aircraft to Europe as well domestically, as well as on newly added flights to Africa, India and the Middle East.“

Given Europe stage lengths are about 1/2 to 2/3 Asia stage lengths, that's a lot of routes!

Its domestic, Africa, India and I'm guessing Latin America. Domestically I'm speculating the 767-300s will be back on JFK-LAX/SFO.
For Europe I'm guessing ORD-Barcelona/Madrid, SFO-FCO, BCN, MAD, Lisbon, and perhaps we will finally see LAX-TLV.

gwrudolph

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:42 pm

STT757 wrote:

Regarding the last section of the article, I really do believe he is doing a great job at focusing on the customer, employees, and returning pride to United. These focus areas just haven’t been there in many years. As a customer, I do see a difference

sfojvjets

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 am

STT757 wrote:
adamblang wrote:
STT757 wrote:

Thanks for this!

Its domestic, Africa, India and I'm guessing Latin America. Domestically I'm speculating the 767-300s will be back on JFK-LAX/SFO.
For Europe I'm guessing ORD-Barcelona/Madrid, SFO-FCO, BCN, MAD, Lisbon, and perhaps we will finally see LAX-TLV.

All those SFO adds would be more than welcome. However, I seriously doubt UA adding much (or anything) from SFO... I don't even think it's a question of filling the planes; my question is just how much low-yielding, AA-style long-haul routes do they want?

There's not a lot they can do with those large J-cabin Asia-focused widebodies. I think we can easily rule out SFO-MAD/LIS, as even IB is not planning on flying SFO-MAD next summer so bookings may be pretty slim, and SFO-LIS wouldn't be a good one simply because it would cannibalize *A partner TAP's SFO route... and while demand from the Bay Area to Portugal is outsized (since there's more demand than people would expect), there isn't the market for more than one carrier, and TAP doesn't fly to SFO daily, not even in the summer.

SFO-FCO could be interesting as it's a relatively large unserved market. But regarding SFO-BCN, while I definitely think it could support service, UA would have to compete with LEVEL's prices on their nonstop, and it's also pretty telling that UA doesn't fly ORD-BCN yet, so there's not much reason for SFO-BCN to make an appearance in the route map yet.

I think the cornerstones of UA's TATL network from SFO this coming summer will be developing strong, (perhaps pre-COVID level?) multi-daily connections onto MUC/FRA/ZRH, as well as offering a wide range of TATL p2p such as LHR, AMS, TLV, and CDG. And if bookings are strong enough, maybe we will even see them launch SFO-DUB (launch currently scheduled for late March 2022). All in all, it should be a pretty robust schedule, even if there are no adds made to the network.

LAXdude1023

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 am

I’ll be happy to maintain IAH-LHR/FRA/AMS/MUC with no new adds.

STT757

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:27 am

IAH-CDG.

redrooster3

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:23 am

Looks like 7261 is repping some stickers near the United lettering on the fuselage. I know one said it was gonna be a vaccinated paint scheme but I didn’t nothing on the scheme.

One side say “being united “ and the other side says “united together” with the united together logo strickered at the bottom of the fuselage.

aden23

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:52 am

Anybody know why UA dropped DEN-LHR?

Having to go through IAD or EWR is not ideal. Those flights are too short and you can’t get enough sleep.

IAH is only ok, as they still fly the ancient 6-across biz class planes.

DEN was a sweet spot.

codc10

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am

aden23 wrote:

Having to go through IAD or EWR is not ideal. Those flights are too short and you can’t get enough sleep.

DEN was a sweet spot.

It will almost certainly (in the sense that nothing is *certain*) come back for summer 2022.

intotheair

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:55 am

sfojvjets wrote:
STT757 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

Thanks for this!

All those SFO adds would be more than welcome. However, I seriously doubt UA adding much (or anything) from SFO... I don't even think it's a question of filling the planes; my question is just how much low-yielding, AA-style long-haul routes do they want?

There's not a lot they can do with those large J-cabin Asia-focused widebodies. I think we can easily rule out SFO-MAD/LIS, as even IB is not planning on flying SFO-MAD next summer so bookings may be pretty slim, and SFO-LIS wouldn't be a good one simply because it would cannibalize *A partner TAP's SFO route... and while demand from the Bay Area to Portugal is outsized (since there's more demand than people would expect), there isn't the market for more than one carrier, and TAP doesn't fly to SFO daily, not even in the summer.

SFO-FCO could be interesting as it's a relatively large unserved market. But regarding SFO-BCN, while I definitely think it could support service, UA would have to compete with LEVEL's prices on their nonstop, and it's also pretty telling that UA doesn't fly ORD-BCN yet, so there's not much reason for SFO-BCN to make an appearance in the route map yet.

I think the cornerstones of UA's TATL network from SFO this coming summer will be developing strong, (perhaps pre-COVID level?) multi-daily connections onto MUC/FRA/ZRH, as well as offering a wide range of TATL p2p such as LHR, AMS, TLV, and CDG. And if bookings are strong enough, maybe we will even see them launch SFO-DUB (launch currently scheduled for late March 2022). All in all, it should be a pretty robust schedule, even if there are no adds made to the network.

I just hope we see the routes they intended to have from SFO prepandemic: CDG, AMS, ZRH, and DUB. If we can get all of those in addition to the LHR, FRA, MUC, and TLV that they flew this summer, then that would be a win. I don’t think FCO, BCN, or MAD are out of the question, even if one or a few of those were less than daily. It seems like leisure travel is going to be what’s driving network decisions for a while.

SFO has really been lagging compared to all the other hubs in its recovery, and it’ll be interesting to see how UA revives it there.

sfojvjets

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:12 pm

intotheair wrote:
I just hope we see the routes they intended to have from SFO prepandemic: CDG, AMS, ZRH, and DUB. If we can get all of those in addition to the LHR, FRA, MUC, and TLV that they flew this summer, then that would be a win. I don’t think FCO, BCN, or MAD are out of the question, even if one or a few of those were less than daily. It seems like leisure travel is going to be what’s driving network decisions for a while.

SFO has really been lagging compared to all the other hubs in its recovery, and it’ll be interesting to see how UA revives it there.

I think there's a good possibility we will see these pre-covid offerings back in the near future - CDG is currently set to come back in December, ZRH in May, AMS in March, DUB in March.

The thing is, UA is very unlikely to offer sub-daily p2p West Coast->Europe flights... wouldn't it make so much more sense for them to simply better optimize their connections on the East Coast and in Germany so that they're able to offer those destinations indirectly from the West Coast? I think a good example is SFO-DBV... Dubrovnik is a surprisingly large O&D market from the Bay Area due to regular leisure tourism in the summer as well as an abundance of seasonal sports tourism, too (Croatia and Serbia are the water polo meccas of the world, and many water polo teams go to Croatia every summer to train). So, rather than offering a p2p SFO-DBV, UA is now able to route those lower-yielding pax through the new EWR flight, or through partner LH via MUC/FRA. I guess my point is this: wouldn't simply upgauging the "hot" East Coast TATL flights or adding more frequency to certain markets be an easier option for UA than adding p2p West Coast TATLs?

PA815

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:26 pm

aden23 wrote:

Just curious, but which planes are 6-across in biz? I’m not totally up-to-date on the reconfigurations but I thought all international 777s are complete and more than half of the 787-9s, with the remaining ones going through reconfiguration two at a time. All other 787s are Polaris.

adamblang

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:30 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
I guess my point is this: wouldn't simply upgauging the "hot" East Coast TATL flights or adding more frequency to certain markets be an easier option for UA than adding p2p West Coast TATLs?

I don't know the market dynamics of any particular city pair but the reason you'd launch a new nonstop rather than upgauge an existing connection would that you expect to be able to capture traffic you're currently bleeding to competitor offerings who would find that nonstop routing more appealing that the connecting itineraries in the market.

To your DBV example, if there are enough passengers flying SFO-DUB-DBV on Aer Lingus, SFO-LHR-DBV on British Airways, SFO-JFK-DBV on Delta, or SFO-MAD-DBV on Iberia, maybe you launch the nonstop to grab up some of those travelers.

ContinentalEWR

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:47 pm

aden23 wrote:

DEN was a sweet spot.

DEN-LHR was suspended because of the pandemic and overall reduced flying. The UK was pretty much closed until June 2021. DEN-LHR will more than likely be back by next summer. UA is slowly bringing back frequencies on LHR elsewhere as well. EWR went up to 2 daily for the first time since COVID.

sfojvjets

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:53 pm

adamblang wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
I guess my point is this: wouldn't simply upgauging the "hot" East Coast TATL flights or adding more frequency to certain markets be an easier option for UA than adding p2p West Coast TATLs?

I don't know the market dynamics of any particular city pair but the reason you'd launch a new nonstop rather than upgauge an existing connection would that you expect to be able to capture traffic you're currently bleeding to competitor offerings who would find that nonstop routing more appealing that the connecting itineraries in the market.

To your DBV example, if there are enough passengers flying SFO-DUB-DBV on Aer Lingus, SFO-LHR-DBV on British Airways, SFO-JFK-DBV on Delta, or SFO-MAD-DBV on Iberia, maybe you launch the nonstop to grab up some of those travelers.

Thanks for the example
I guess I can let myself be a little bit more hopeful in terms of new long-hauls to expect from SFO :)

LAXdude1023

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:01 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
adamblang wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:

Thanks for the example
I guess I can let myself be a little bit more hopeful in terms of new long-hauls to expect from SFO :)

Look at it this way, a hub reclaiming what it once had and the time frame in which that happens will be a good sign of what a hub may gain in the future.

aden23

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:25 pm

PA815 wrote:
aden23 wrote:

Just curious, but which planes are 6-across in biz? I’m not totally up-to-date on the reconfigurations but I thought all international 777s are complete and more than half of the 787-9s, with the remaining ones going through reconfiguration two at a time. All other 787s are Polaris.

UA's 787-9's are still 6 across, which is a bummer. They are still using those planes for flights like IAH-LHR, and SFO-LHR, which I think is odd, given that those are their longest flights connecting the US to Europe.

Meanwhile they are sending "real" Polaris planes, half empty, from EWR-LHR multiple times a day on the 787-10 or 767-3.

And from my perspective, if I'm going to pay the $5K RT cost to Europe, I want to be able to get a good nights rest. Flying through EWR or IAD means you aren't going to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep. So it's just not worth it. Connecting through IAH is a great option, as you get a 10 hour flight, and can get your 7 hours of sleep. Much prefer that option. Sometimes I will fly from DEN to SFO en route to LHR just to ensure I arrive rested.

But I may just be an oddball!

Pinto

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm

aden23 wrote:
PA815 wrote:
aden23 wrote:

UA's 787-9's are still 6 across, which is a bummer. They are still using those planes for flights like IAH-LHR, and SFO-LHR, which I think is odd, given that those are their longest flights connecting the US to Europe.

Meanwhile they are sending "real" Polaris planes, half empty, from EWR-LHR multiple times a day on the 787-10 or 767-3.

And from my perspective, if I'm going to pay the $5K RT cost to Europe, I want to be able to get a good nights rest. Flying through EWR or IAD means you aren't going to get more than 4-5 hours of sleep. So it's just not worth it. Connecting through IAH is a great option, as you get a 10 hour flight, and can get your 7 hours of sleep. Much prefer that option. Sometimes I will fly from DEN to SFO en route to LHR just to ensure I arrive rested.

But I may just be an oddball!

So the seat map might show an old 2-2-2 configuration however there is a good chance that you will end up with the new 1-2-1 Polaris. The only time you will see a new seat map more than a couple days out is if the route is selling PreiumPlus. PremiumPlus is a garunteed Polaris aircraft.

IAH-LHR on 10/13 is on a new Polaris 789. Just luck of the draw.

jetblastdubai

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:32 pm

Has UA been able to add some capacity, either additional flights or subbing in some larger aircraft, due to the meltdoWN of a competitor's ops the past few days or are they already stretched pretty thin? I would think that DEN would a "target rich" opportunity to grab some pax the past few days.

sUAisDL

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:08 pm

At least at the lower level, it was not lost on them the opportunity to take advantage of the WN situation.

ie not so much aircraft subs, but definitely exceptions to policies.

PA815

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:14 pm

aden23 wrote:
UA's 787-9's are still 6 across, which is a bummer.

More than half of the 787-9s are reconfigured, though the advance seat map will show the old configuration until a few days before departure. They’re sending two planes at a time to get the new seats so hopefully it won’t be long until they all have it, but the chances of new seats are better each month as more planes go through the process.

joeljack

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 pm

jetblastdubai wrote:
Has UA been able to add some capacity, either additional flights or subbing in some larger aircraft, due to the meltdoWN of a competitor's ops the past few days or are they already stretched pretty thin? I would think that DEN would a "target rich" opportunity to grab some pax the past few days.

Ha! UA's had plenty of cancellations themselves. For example 3 of the 4 OMA-ORD flights yesterday were cancelled. 1 of the 4 LNK-ORD flights cancelled and those were the only 2 routes I checked.

adamblang

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:39 pm

joeljack wrote:
jetblastdubai wrote:

Ha! UA's had plenty of cancellations themselves. For example 3 of the 4 OMA-ORD flights yesterday were cancelled. 1 of the 4 LNK-ORD flights cancelled and those were the only 2 routes I checked.

Did you see the wall of water that rolled through Chicago yesterday? There was lightening everywhere and there could haven't been more than 20 feet of visibility for periods of time.

codc10

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:11 pm

joeljack wrote:
jetblastdubai wrote:

Maybe check a non-ORD route? Even the White Sox/Astros ALDS Game 4 was postponed from yesterday to today. Today, WN has still canceled about 6x the flights of UA and 3x of AA.

cosyr

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:18 pm

janders wrote:
Please continue to post your United Airlines related news and discussions here.

Link to previous now locked Q3 thread >>> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1462333

What happened to the locked comments that would be include the updated fleet information? Was that just an experiment last year? It was really helpful to just go back to page 1 of a thread, and also get periodic messages that the link had been updated.

COPolynesianPub

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:04 pm

sUAisDL's post made me think of a question. Does anyone know if UA had an exception policy for stranded WN passengers for a confirmed seat or standby? Many years ago if CO did reaccommadate on WN, the CO ticket counter would issue paper checks to WN to carry displaced passengers. I have no idea if that has been done at UA.

Nicknuzzii

Confirmed: New United international routes 10/14

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:16 pm

https://twitter.com/united/status/14480 ... 59336?s=21

Per the Instagram story it appears as though there will new United international routes announced tomorrow. I’m expecting to see some fun ones along with a few TATL returns for next summer.
Last edited by atcsundevil on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated

Pi7472000

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:16 pm

COPolynesianPub wrote:
sUAisDL's post made me think of a question. Does anyone know if UA had an exception policy for stranded WN passengers for a confirmed seat or standby? Many years ago if CO did reaccommadate on WN, the CO ticket counter would issue paper checks to WN to carry displaced passengers. I have no idea if that has been done at UA.

United would be smart to accommodate to WN passengers. WN has been a mess this summer and UA can show that they are a much improved product compared to WN. Hopefully UA can attract some WN passengers to their network! DEN would be a great place to start.

portola2727

Re: Rumor: New United international routes 10/13

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Please god, please let it be LAX-FRA and LAX-TLV. The one thing I really would want is UA to have a major expansion out of LAX. UAL has always been my favorite of the US3.

Nicknuzzii

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:25 pm

portola2727 wrote:
Please god, please let it be LAX-FRA and LAX-TLV.

Agreed. LAX-TLV would be a huge market for UA and I can’t believe they haven’t jumped into it yet.

USAirALB

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 pm

The Instagram story and the Twitter announcement have an "undercover" theme. They put out a couple of tweets that say:

-"All will be revealed. Make sure you meet us at the rendezvous point."
-"If only biometrics could see the future."
-"See you at the rendezvous point. Our contact will have the package."

I can't tell if they are all some sort of clue, or just little reminders to check back on Twitter tomorrow at 8am EST for the announcement.

T5towbar

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 pm

redrooster3 wrote:
Looks like 7261 is repping some stickers near the United lettering on the fuselage. I know one said it was gonna be a vaccinated paint scheme but I didn’t nothing on the scheme.

One side say “being united “ and the other side says “united together” with the united together logo strickered at the bottom of the fuselage.

That will be the new Max 8 dedicated to all the employees of UA. It was supposed to be for the "United 100" award winners, but the program didn't happen last year, and the so Scott said that everyone at UA is a "winner". The ceremony was made at IAH.

The newsletter announced this a few minutes ago.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos