Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
TW870
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:59 am

Mods, please bring back the pay wall.

Former airline employee and union rep. My Dad called me up and asked me why the high cancel rate at WN the last few days. I went here to see what I could learn, and all I got was this dumpster fire.

I just called him back and said I didn't know. It sucks, because this site used to have good information. Now all I get is a bunch of junk twitter links. No thanks.
 
aden23
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:02 am

I can't think of worse PR than pilots refusing to keep their passengers safe.

Are Southwest pilots going to advocate that a couple drinks before flying is OK now too?
 
jmc1975
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:57 am

Re: Southwest System Meltdown Today Due To Walkout at Jacksonville Center?

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 am

bchandl wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
You are now free to move about the country.


Via your own car. Because our pilots are a bunch of grown adults yet are unable to take their own personal health and public health seriously enough to get a simple vaccine.

I see. How interesting.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1816
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Did JAX Center temporarily shutdown yesterday 10/8?

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 am

bigb wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
bigb wrote:

Because the regionals are directly contracted with the federal government……. They are directly contracted to the carriers that they have a CPA with. That’s why they do not have a Vaccine mandate….

Many or most regionals have directly bid at risk EAS routes


The only regionals doing at risk flying is Skywest…

That is not quite true...
For "Major" Regionals I think Envoy has a few EAS routes as well.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1816
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:25 am

TW870 wrote:
Mods, please bring back the pay wall.

Former airline employee and union rep. My Dad called me up and asked me why the high cancel rate at WN the last few days. I went here to see what I could learn, and all I got was this dumpster fire.

I just called him back and said I didn't know. It sucks, because this site used to have good information. Now all I get is a bunch of junk twitter links. No thanks.

Try looking at APC...
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: Did JAX Center temporarily shutdown yesterday 10/8?

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:27 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
bigb wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Many or most regionals have directly bid at risk EAS routes


The only regionals doing at risk flying is Skywest…

That is not quite true...
For "Major" Regionals I think Envoy has a few EAS routes as well.


EAS ≠ At risk
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:49 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Well, they would say that, wouldn’t they? MRDA.

Rule number 3 for conspiracy and theories and believers.

Of course I suspect there are a few hundred things we could say that you would say. honestly, factually, as the truth of a situation in you job(s). No conspiracy. No making things up. Just facts. Or am I wrong?

Tugg
 
airzona11
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:50 am

aden23 wrote:
I can't think of worse PR than pilots refusing to keep their passengers safe.

Are Southwest pilots going to advocate that a couple drinks before flying is OK now too?


Let’s use that logic, passengers choose to fly, passengers choose yes or no to vaccine… what do the pilots have to do with it ?
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 am

And to those thinking Southwest has a real problem... this like 3% or less of of the pilots (if it's.300 pilots which I actually doubt). The airline can absolutely do without them. Not that it won't be a big adjustments but these few are not representative of the pilots.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8594
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:10 am

Tugger wrote:
And to those thinking Southwest has a real problem... this like 3% or less of of the pilots. The airline can absolutely do without them. Not that it won't be a big adjustments but these few are not representative of the pilots.

Tugg


And you know the numbers how? If it’s 3%, I’d be amazed, more like 30% based on base locations, general vaccination rates and the pilot group age. Look, WN mgt, the FAA, and SWAPA all have incentives to deny an illegal work action, if that’s what occurred. Certainly, NO,Pilot is going to speak a word of it. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Tugger wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Well, they would say that, wouldn’t they? MRDA.

Rule number 3 for conspiracy and theories and believers.

Of course I suspect there are a few hundred things we could say that you would say. honestly, factually, as the truth of a situation in you job(s). No conspiracy. No making things up. Just facts. Or am I wrong?

Tugg


WTH?

That statement "Of course they would say that" is a BS statement. How many things does EVERY knowledgeable person "of course say" something because it is true and factual? Didn't you "of course say" things in your chief pilot job and when working the Galaxy?

Tugg
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Tugger wrote:
And to those thinking Southwest has a real problem... this like 3% or less of of the pilots. The airline can absolutely do without them. Not that it won't be a big adjustments but these few are not representative of the pilots.

Tugg


And you know the numbers how? If it’s 3%, I’d be amazed, more like 30% based on base locations, general vaccination rates and the pilot group age. Look, WN mgt, the FAA, and SWAPA all have incentives to deny an illegal work action, if that’s what occurred. Certainly, NO,Pilot is going to speak a word of it. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt.

And you know you number how?

Pilots a dutiful and do a good job and do their job. And the majority of them have gotten and will get the vaccine to keep doing their job.

Tugg
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8594
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 am

And, knowledgeable people commit to lies because it suits their purposes, which is exactly what Mandy Rice-Davies was getting at—look at the person’s incentives and position to judge the veracity of what they say.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 11534
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:23 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
And, knowledgeable people commit to lies because it suits their purposes, which is exactly what Mandy Rice-Davies was getting at—look at the person’s incentives and position to judge the veracity of what they say.

But it discredits true factual information too. It cannot discriminate. It is useless at this point and is only useful forensically.

Tugg
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8594
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 am

Tugger wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Tugger wrote:
And to those thinking Southwest has a real problem... this like 3% or less of of the pilots. The airline can absolutely do without them. Not that it won't be a big adjustments but these few are not representative of the pilots.

Tugg


And you know the numbers how? If it’s 3%, I’d be amazed, more like 30% based on base locations, general vaccination rates and the pilot group age. Look, WN mgt, the FAA, and SWAPA all have incentives to deny an illegal work action, if that’s what occurred. Certainly, NO,Pilot is going to speak a word of it. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt.

And you know you number how?

Pilots a dutiful and do a good job and do their job. And the majority of them have gotten and will get the vaccine to keep doing their job.

Tugg


Majority, yes, probably, 97% at WN. I’d question it. You haven’t been with or lead many pilots, I’m guessing. They’re humans, not paragons. They respond to the incentives they face. I’ve been thru an ALPA job action, I’ve seen pilots at their best and worst. I had one commit armed robbery ON BASE!
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 12021
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Southwest operational issues 10/2021

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:32 am

Thread has drifted off topic and will be locked

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos