Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JannEejit

Re: Irish 11/21: The resurgence continues

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:44 pm

nascar1 wrote:
There are some rumors that 2 A330-330 will be transferred to Iberia. Does anybody have more info about that?

Not heard anything, would this be permanently or seasonal ?

shamrock350

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:45 pm

nascar1 wrote:
There are some rumors that 2 A330-330 will be transferred to Iberia. Does anybody have more info about that?

Not sure how that would be possible based on the current Summer 22 schedule which needs every A333 they currently have unless Aer Lingus themselves are to source additional frames.

Maybe we’re talking about A330-200’s which Aer Lingus currently have in storage? I believe EI-DUO, EI-GEY and EI-DAA are still on the books but in long term storage and unlikely to return to the fleet.

JAmie2k9

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:49 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus have a flash USA sale for bookings on their website . One of the terms is you must stay a Sat night. I thought those archaic fare rules were mostly a thing of the past.

I never understood that rule...do airlines somehow make more money off you if you stay the Saturday night?

The Saturday night restriction returned when Aer Lingus announced the new T/A saver fares around September 2017 to compete with Norwegian/Wow. It initially applied to Saver but looks like it now also applies to Smart. They clearly have high demand on Saturday night eastbound and people willing to pay a premium.

Fliplot

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:42 pm

Ia it possible the rumered two A330s for IB are to cover their recently announced flights to Dallas and Washington - cover until their own equipment arrives? Could it be the A330-200s will return to EI during any lease and two A300-300s go to MAD? I assume EI is the best option as its part of the Atlantic Joint venture and has route experience Madrid / Washington!

alancostello

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:46 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus have a flash USA sale for bookings on their website . One of the terms is you must stay a Sat night. I thought those archaic fare rules were mostly a thing of the past.

I never understood that rule...do airlines somehow make more money off you if you stay the Saturday night?

The Saturday night restriction returned when Aer Lingus announced the new T/A saver fares around September 2017 to compete with Norwegian/Wow. It initially applied to Saver but looks like it now also applies to Smart. They clearly have high demand on Saturday night eastbound and people willing to pay a premium.

There’s an excellent YouTube video explaining fare buckets and conditions like this https://youtu.be/72hlr-E7KA0

BrianDromey

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 am

Fliplot wrote:
Ia it possible the rumered two A330s for IB are to cover their recently announced flights to Dallas and Washington - cover until their own equipment arrives? Could it be the A330-200s will return to EI during any lease and two A300-300s go to MAD? I assume EI is the best option as its part of the Atlantic Joint venture and has route experience Madrid / Washington!

I think this is a conspiracy where there is none, Im guessing there are a number of rumours mixed up here together. EI are leasing an A330 to Vueling for the winter and IB are getting 2 A330s. It makes no sense for IB/EI or IAG to transfer EI A330s to IB. One reason is that EI needs them for the schedule they have on-sale and the projections they have made to the market this week. The main reason is because IB have just had three A332s returned to them from LEVEL France. One has gone to LEVEL (F-HLVN/EC-NNH) the other two are going to IB mainline (EC-NRH & EC-NRG).

OA260

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:35 am

Hopefully we do see MIA back

Aer Lingus weighing relaunch of Dublin-Miami service

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4722913

BrianDromey

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 am

OA260 wrote:
Hopefully we do see MIA back

That would be cool, summer 22 is specifically mentioned. EI are planning an ambitious schedule by all accounts. Maybe it will be ambitious on the Long Haul side, much less convincing on the SH side of the house. The article mentions that Dublin to Minneapolis and Hartford have not returned, they left Montreal off the list too. In fairness EI never operated that. I guess we wont see them, or BOS-MAN until the A321LR's come online from 2023.

EI are going to be running an extremely tight ship in Summer 2022 if MIA comes back and the A322s do not. They currently need 9 A330s on Thursdays and Saturdays ex DUB. Maybe MIA wont be back at 5x weekly, but even 3x weekly leaves them with no spare/maintenance cover for much of the week. The pair of A330s at MAN look a more lightly used, so maybe thats the spare.

OA260

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:49 am

BrianDromey wrote:
EI are planning an ambitious schedule by all accounts. Maybe it will be ambitious on the Long Haul side, much less convincing on the SH side of the house.

Indeed and some positive future ambitions in this article :

Aer Lingus chief executive Lynne Embleton believes the airline can double its share of the normally lucrative transatlantic market in coming years as the pandemic fades.

www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-l ... 32054.html

JAmie2k9

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:55 am

They loaded MCO as daily in Sep (x5 pre covid) and then dropped back to x5 leaving before they announced summer schedule. Mon and Fri without a service to Florida.

Its possible they are also hoping to restore x2 rotations on both ORD/SEA as well and perhaps this combined with MIA resuming makes the case for returning another aircraft for 2022.

OA260

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:15 am

A long time to wait for a rail link to Dublin Airport. Sadly this should have been the priority of previous Irish governments.

"While planning permission for the Metrolink line from Swords and Dublin Airport to the city will be sought next year, the line is not expected to operate until after 2031, according to the strategy."

www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/rev ... -1.4723491

EI321

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 am

I expect Sinn Fein will include the Metro in their programme for govt, assuming they will be part of the next govt. Given all the promises they made the last time however and the unrealistic budgeting, I'm doubtful if they will deliver it either.

OA260

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am

EI321 wrote:
I expect Sinn Fein will include the Metro in their programme for govt, assuming they will be part of the next govt. Given all the promises they made the last time however and the unrealistic budgeting, I'm doubtful if they will deliver it either.

Lots of promises and they all rarely deliver. Just so many years gone by wasted and still no rail link . At this rate BFS will have a rail link before DUB .

--

I flew DUB - ACE yesterday . T2 was empty which was a surprise. The staff said the USA opening did not create the rush they expected. Fast Track now open only 5am to 10am.

The flight with Aer Lingus had 156 passengers. They had plenty of Bia stock in the limited new menu . Quite a few asking for sandwiches though only to be told at the moment they are off the menu !

shamrock321

Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:09 pm

I still find it beyond belief that they aren’t offering sandwiches as part of bia, it must be loosing them thousands € every month?!

JAmie2k9

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:08 pm

OA260 wrote:
EI321 wrote:

Lots of promises and they all rarely deliver. Just so many years gone by wasted and still no rail link . At this rate BFS will have a rail link before DUB .

--

I flew DUB - ACE yesterday . T2 was empty which was a surprise. The staff said the USA opening did not create the rush they expected. Fast Track now open only 5am to 10am.

The flight with Aer Lingus had 156 passengers. They had plenty of Bia stock in the limited new menu . Quite a few asking for sandwiches though only to be told at the moment they are off the menu !

Of course it didn't no extra flights operated to US on Monday.

OA260

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:07 pm

shamrock321 wrote:
I still find it beyond belief that they aren’t offering sandwiches as part of bia, it must be loosing them thousands € every month?!

Indeed on the 3-4 hour flights they could make a decent amount of revenue. Most people on these flights see it as part of the holidays. They are willing to spend.

Meant to add that The Chocolate Lounge at T2 has shut for good . It was a great place for a few years but then changed management and went down hill and the seating area got very tatty. Its now going to reopen as a Starbucks. Hoping they keep a seating area that looks out onto the airfield as its a nice place to watch the aircraft.

ClassicLover

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:57 pm

OA260 wrote:
Meant to add that The Chocolate Lounge at T2 has shut for good . It was a great place for a few years but then changed management and went down hill and the seating area got very tatty. Its now going to reopen as a Starbucks. Hoping they keep a seating area that looks out onto the airfield as its a nice place to watch the aircraft.

That's a shame, it was a nice place to spend some time, the one or two times I did. Starbucks. Well, there's a place guaranteed to never get a visit from me! :)

EIBPI

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:08 pm

shamrock321 wrote:

What’s on offer instead of sandwiches?!

BrianDromey

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
That's a shame, it was a nice place to spend some time, the one or two times I did. Starbucks. Well, there's a place guaranteed to never get a visit from me! :)

I guess Starbucks is more in keeping with what would be found at many airports globally. I like more local brands myself to give a better sense of place, but chocolate lounge was a stand-alone cafe, I think?
Are Butlers still open? Very little to complain about there IMHO.
EIBPI wrote:
What’s on offer instead of sandwiches?!

Long shelf life pre-packaged food like crisps, chocolate and granola bars.
Let’s be honest EI aren’t making these sandwiches in-house. Glanbia, Freshways, etc are. Every petrol station in the country has their deli opens - I don’t think most ever closed. Where there’s a will there’s a relative as they say. Clearly no will at EI, although FR, BA and Vueling seem to be able to manage catering.

alancostello

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
I guess Starbucks is more in keeping with what would be found at many airports globally. I like more local brands myself to give a better sense of place, but chocolate lounge was a stand-alone cafe, I think?

Butlers is not only closed, it was completely ripped out, the pavilion it was in is just a shell, it was gone when I came through last Christmas. Personally when heading through an airport I’m very glad to see a Starbucks, I know what I’m getting and can just grab and go.

OA260

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:09 pm

alancostello wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

Butlers is not only closed, it was completely ripped out, the pavilion it was in is just a shell, it was gone when I came through last Christmas. Personally when heading through an airport I’m very glad to see a Starbucks, I know what I’m getting and can just grab and go.

Butlers still in T2 a nice area albeit small in the middle opposite the pub . I bought some gift items there and the cashier said it was a shame they could not have moved over to where the chocolate lounge was and I personally think it would have been a better option. The chocolate lounge in its prime offered a wide variety of fresh savoury and sweet menu. You could get anything from smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or a choc brownie with sauce and ice cream. I do prefer good local brands.

The updated Bia Aer Lingus offering can be found here :

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs/bia.pdf

NiallS

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 pm

alancostello wrote:

Butler's in T2 is still there. I got a hot chocolate there last week. It's open to 7 pm, the one in T1 closes at 1 pm due to staff shortages.

EIBPI

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:54 pm

The Bia menu is pretty shocking. I think many passengers would assume some kind of sandwich (if not hot food) would be available. Ryanair seem to manage to cater even their small and remote bases pretty consistently, and Wizz Air sandwiches are pretty ok too.

One wouldn't want to end up on a 4hr flight to the Canaries without having the chance to grab some breakfast/lunch before (easily possible with last minute packing, journey to the airport, check-in queues etc).

dstc47

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:37 am

EIBPI wrote:
The Bia menu is pretty shocking. I think many passengers would assume some kind of sandwich (if not hot food) would be available. Ryanair seem to manage to cater even their small and remote bases pretty consistently, and Wizz Air sandwiches are pretty ok too.

One wouldn't want to end up on a 4hr flight to the Canaries without having the chance to grab some breakfast/lunch before (easily possible with last minute packing, journey to the airport, check-in queues etc).

Indeed you would be very wise to have something to eat with you before travelling to the airport in the Canaries, given the often very lengthy processing there, with late opening of check in, slow security lines etc.

Does anybody in management in Aer Lingus concern themselves with the brand image, or customer satisfaction, even the revenue potential? It hardly seems to be the case now.

BrianDromey

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:51 am

dstc47 wrote:
Does anybody in management in Aer Lingus concern themselves with the brand image, or customer satisfaction, even the revenue potential? It hardly seems to be the case now.

Not on short haul. At the moment it is tolerated but the lack of investment in the hard product, their fleet and how the product is positioned compared to their peers tells its own story. While BA are selling club fares back to Row 14 to leisure destinations around the Med and reintroducing a light snack service in Economy, Ryanair are reestablishing an even broader network than ever before from Ireland. Meanwhile EI are seeing their UK-Ireland routes be taken over by FR, both in terms of destinations and frequency. The EU routes are no better and with poor frequency, relatively high fares and limited on-board service what is the point? Meanwhile they are slogging it out on the likes of DUB-EWR against UA offering full meal service, pre-arrival service, Duty-Free and BoB snacks. We can all see where the interest lies and its not flying to Manchester, Berlin or Edinburgh.

OA260

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:49 am

An update on the Ryanair court case :

Ryanair claims sensitive information about strike disclosed to Aer Lingus

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4724833

--

Move to close Dublin Airport’s new runway from 12am to 6am to limit noise
Regulator’s draft ruling to offer locals close to airport up to €20,000 to pay for insulation

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4725061

20K for insulation is not a bad amount for free and to upgrade their properties.

IrishTexan

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Flew DUB-LHR-DFW yesterday on BA831/192 and have some observations.
LHR flight was almost full, with high proportion of pass. connecting on to US flights at LHR. DUB check in was chaotic as handling agents seemed confused, but friendly and helpful, on how to process those without Verifly (seemed like most did not, myself included). This is my third transatlantic trip since July and I have not got Verifly to work on any. Ultimately was asked to scan a BA QR code, answer attestation questionnaire and wait for approval e-mail from BA which was enough to get my boarding passes.
Process ran well enough but many people became very frustrated with the extra delays.
I had arrived at check-in at 5am and it took almost 40 mins. before I had my boarding pass. Security was a breeze. No lines and through without delay.
Also, T1 lounge opens at 8.30am so no lounge access for the 7.10 BA flight.
Hopefully check-in speeds up in future as the handling agents become more familiar with the process for those transferring on to US flights, as this weeks surge seems to have taken them by surprise.

ClassicLover

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:38 pm

IrishTexan wrote:
LHR flight was almost full, with high proportion of pass. connecting on to US flights at LHR. DUB check in was chaotic as handling agents seemed confused, but friendly and helpful, on how to process those without Verifly (seemed like most did not, myself included). This is my third transatlantic trip since July and I have not got Verifly to work on any. Ultimately was asked to scan a BA QR code, answer attestation questionnaire and wait for approval e-mail from BA which was enough to get my boarding passes.
Process ran well enough but many people became very frustrated with the extra delays.
I had arrived at check-in at 5am and it took almost 40 mins. before I had my boarding pass. Security was a breeze. No lines and through without delay.
Hopefully check-in speeds up in future as the handling agents become more familiar with the process for those transferring on to US flights, as this weeks surge seems to have taken them by surprise.

VeriFLY is very good, you should make sure you have the app and do what it asks you do to before your return flight (if you're coming back!) :) Once you have your details in the app, you can check-in online as normal with British Airways and issue a mobile boarding pass. It links in the background somehow. It means you just Bag Drop as usual or just go through security as usual.

As Irish Passport holders can go to LHR without any restrictions, it's not required on a DUB-LHR with BA - you check-in online and get a boarding pass as normal. However, as Ireland requires the Covid locator form to be completed, you need to use VeriFLY to fly LHR-DUB, as it needs to know that online form has been completed. It's a pretty nifty piece of tech.

Your check-in time doesn't seem too unusual, I had to wait just over an hour in a KLM queue when I flew out of Dublin in economy a couple of weeks ago. It takes forever!

OA260

Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary's text and WhatsApp messages to be searched on judge’s orders

www.independent.ie/news/ryanair-boss-mi ... 43457.html

This could prove interesting.

Eirules

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:56 pm

An incident involving an Air Hamburg aircraft which required fire & rescue services at Dublin airport. Not sure of the details

https://twitter.com/fireireland/status/ ... 41120?s=21

OA260

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Over 50% of the Belarussian air fleet is managed through Irish leasing companies, it has been disclosed.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/1112/1259 ... ish-firms/

A very complicated situation could be about to play out with Irish leasing firms.

JAmie2k9

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:28 am

ClassicLover wrote:
IrishTexan wrote:

VeriFLY is very good, you should make sure you have the app and do what it asks you do to before your return flight (if you're coming back!) :) Once you have your details in the app, you can check-in online as normal with British Airways and issue a mobile boarding pass. It links in the background somehow. It means you just Bag Drop as usual or just go through security as usual.

As Irish Passport holders can go to LHR without any restrictions, it's not required on a DUB-LHR with BA - you check-in online and get a boarding pass as normal. However, as Ireland requires the Covid locator form to be completed, you need to use VeriFLY to fly LHR-DUB, as it needs to know that online form has been completed. It's a pretty nifty piece of tech.

Your check-in time doesn't seem too unusual, I had to wait just over an hour in a KLM queue when I flew out of Dublin in economy a couple of weeks ago. It takes forever!

Flew from London a few days ago not one person was asked for Covid Cert/PCR Neg Test nor a Locator Form. Nothing on arrival in Dublin and thanks for reminding that I should do the locator form. There is very little contact tracking taken place at this stage because they don't have the numbers to keep up with cases!

shamrock350

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:45 pm

EI-GPP, the first ATR72 for Emerald, just completed a flight from Exeter to Norwich.

It’s been at Exeter Aerospace, a facility of Dublin Aerospace, for a couple of months reviving work and carrying out test flights.

Some may be aware that Norwich is home to Air Livery aircraft painting services, maybe we could be seeing the first Emerald ATR in Aer Lingus colours soon?

Fliplot

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm still at a loss to understand why Emerald have not veen pressed into service? Each day of delay strengthens Ryanair's hold on the UK routes. Even a token service would put Aer Lungus Regiinal back in passenger sights. I think it is a terrible lapse in judgment and I can't help thinking the EI CEO is thinking more boxes than guests!!!

EI321

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Not sure if mentioned yet but Air Canada have scheduled the 787 on all DUB routes next year:

YYZ-DUB now 788
YVR-DUB now 788
YUL-DUB now 788

OA260

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:49 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Vueling seem to be able to manage catering.

I flew Vueling yesterday on one of their 16.5 year old A320's from ACE to AGP. The seats were ok but the cabin was awful looking. I was in Space One but personally Aer Lingus older A320's are in far better shape and more comfortable seats. They did have BOB but the sandwich was just average. The crew were business friendly.

I know Aer Lingus have dropped the ball when it comes to catering but I honestly cant say Vueling were a better product. On another note the seat map for my DUB - ORY has disappeared from my booking so if as has been reported by others experiencing this I should get an Aer Lingus A330 :)

shamrock350

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:17 pm

Fliplot wrote:
I'm still at a loss to understand why Emerald have not veen pressed into service?

Pressing a start up airline into service is never a good idea.

Fliplot

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Certainly if the airlune was 3 months old but Emerald will be nearly 2 when it starts operations. Hardly new!

dirckv

Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:03 pm

EI321 wrote:
Not sure if mentioned yet but Air Canada have scheduled the 787 on all DUB routes next year:

YYZ-DUB now 788
YVR-DUB now 788
YUL-DUB now 788

YYZ-DUB to be operated by 77W in summer 22

EI321

Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:42 pm

dirckv wrote:
EI321 wrote:

YYZ-DUB now 788
YVR-DUB now 788
YUL-DUB now 788

YYZ-DUB to be operated by 77W in summer 22

Another thread mentioned 788 but I'd much prefer to see a 77W.

Eagleboy

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 pm

nascar1 wrote:

No chance.
The S22 schedule requires every A330 frame that EI have in their inventory.

OA260

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:10 am

'It was just a joke': Dublin Airport tweet following All Blacks' loss backfires

www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2021/11/i ... s.amp.html

Seems the DUB Airport Twitter team took a bashing!

JAmie2k9

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:25 am

Edelweiss Air are to launch a Zurich to Cork route on 1 July 2022, operating twice weekly until 30 September 2022:

WK304 ZRH 1700-1820 ORK (Tu & F)
WK305 ORK 1910-2225 ZRH (Tu & F)

This appears to be complementary to the 4x weekly Swiss ZRH-ORK route. Flights not on sale yet

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/14 ... 37153?s=21

OA260

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:33 am

First-class display from Irish delegation at Dubai Airshow

Ireland is home to a thriving ecosystem of 250 aviation and aerospace companies.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 46730.html

An interesting article from the Dubai Air Show detailing key events in Irelands involvement in the Aviation industry.

BrianDromey

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:42 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Edelweiss Air are to launch a Zurich to Cork route on 1 July 2022, operating twice weekly until 30 September 2022:

This appears to be complementary to the 4x weekly Swiss ZRH-ORK route. Flights not on sale yet

Interesting. When Swiss started it was 2x weekly and predominantly block sold to Swiss travel agents. I wonder if the Edelweiss flights are predominantly for that market? As it stands there will be two flights on Fridays, Swiss are selling Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun at the moment, on the A220. From social media posts it looks like anything from an A221 to A320 has operated though.

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/14 ... 10597?s=20

Another interesting post from the same twitter feed. The Government is looking into PSO support for ORK-Belfast and DUB-LDY. No links are provided though.
Fliplot wrote:
Certainly if the airlune was 3 months old but Emerald will be nearly 2 when it starts operations. Hardly new!

In fairness they only received their AOC in September this year, if you accept holding an AOC is the definition of being an airline. I imagine they were working towards the original 2023 date...until they weren't!

Fliplot

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:17 am

No doubt Emerald will be the best managed, best crewed, best aircraft, super operations and best capitalised regional aireline just with no flights! Does the EI transatlantic DUB HUB not need feeder services especially if EI are returning to all their eggs in one basket approach?

OA260

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:43 am

Fliplot wrote:
No doubt Emerald will be the best managed, best crewed, best aircraft, super operations and best capitalised regional aireline just with no flights! Does the EI transatlantic DUB HUB not need feeder services especially if EI are returning to all their eggs in one basket approach?

Well no point over feeding the DUBHUB until demand bounces back . This Winter as we are seeing with spiralling C-19 in Ireland and other places is going to make it a very tough period until March . Maybe they will be ready to ramp up key UK Regional connections from Spring .

BrianDromey

Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Fliplot wrote:

Maybe they think that interline agreement they were hoping to seal with FR will come true. They way they are going about rebuilding the network. As things currently stand Cork will have more frequency and seats to ZRH than to BHX next summer, even without the Edelweiss flights. Its strange times we live in! Maybe it illustrates that demand from the Irish end of routes remains depressed - with the messaging from government in Ireland I wouldn't be that surprised.

JAmie2k9

Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:24 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Interesting. When Swiss started it was 2x weekly and predominantly block sold to Swiss travel agents. I wonder if the Edelweiss flights are predominantly for that market? As it stands there will be two flights on Fridays, Swiss are selling Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun at the moment, on the A220. From social media posts it looks like anything from an A221 to A320 has operated though.

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/14 ... 10597?s=20

Another interesting post from the same twitter feed. The Government is looking into PSO support for ORK-Belfast and DUB-LDY. No links are provided though.
Fliplot wrote:

In fairness they only received their AOC in September this year, if you accept holding an AOC is the definition of being an airline. I imagine they were working towards the original 2023 date...until they weren't!

I taught its likely tour operator related as well plus they served a weekly seasonal ex SNN for a few years.

shamrock350

Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:37 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Maybe they think that interline agreement they were hoping to seal with FR will come true.

Just to be clear as no doubt some may take this seriously, it’s been nearly 7 years since Ryanair (not Aer Lingus) suggested this as a possibility. At the time Michael O’Leary said he’d also spoken to TAP, Norwegian and Virgin Atlantic. IAG said no formal talks had been made with themselves and Ryanair.

The closest Ryanair got was in 2017 with Air Europa at Madrid, it was axed less than two years later.

It was never really ‘a thing’ once Ryanair made it clear they wanted a completely hands off, risk free agreement on their side leaving the long haul carrier to shoulder costs.

As for Aer Lingus Regional by Emerald, timetables on Scottish routes have started to appear from 27 March, in line with the non-announcement from CH Aviation last week. First aircraft is rumoured to be staying in Norwich for a week, was visible outside Air Livery.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos