Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N717TW
Topic Author

American shutting down The Shuttle.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:58 pm

Not sure if anyone saw the Points Guy article nonchalantly note that American is ending the Shuttle.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -benefits/

While the Shuttle service on both American and Delta effectively ended with the Covid lockdown this is still a big end of what was a significant and major airline service in the U.S. for over fifty years.

From the Eastern Air-Shuttle to Trump to USAir/USAIrways, the service was a dependable part of business travel (and in my case back in the late 90s early '00s, college kids) in the corridor. When both Delta and USAir dropped the dedicated fleet, the "back-up jet" and separate terminals/security after the 2008 recession, the death knell started. So it doesn't come as a surprise. Sad it goes out with such a whimper.

But it was one of the unique things in the US where the college kid (me) the network news anchor (Dan Rather) and the senator (Phil Gramm of Texas) all set in the same row together (Rather had the middle seat).

F27500

Re: American shutting down The Shuttle.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:03 pm

It is a shame historically speaking, but I'm surprised it didn't happen before now. There's just not a need for so many flights and airlines each day in these markets. Especially with new airlines like JetBlue joining in .. has to be an awful lotta empty seats flying around up there on BOS-LGA-DCA now .. all for the "prestige". Changing times.

blockski

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:11 pm

N717TW wrote:
Not sure if anyone saw the Points Guy article nonchalantly note that American is ending the Shuttle.

While the Shuttle service on both American and Delta effectively ended with the Covid lockdown this is still a big end of what was a significant and major airline service in the U.S. for over fifty years.

From the Eastern Air-Shuttle to Trump to USAir/USAIrways, the service was a dependable part of business travel (and in my case back in the late 90s early '00s, college kids) in the corridor. When both Delta and USAir dropped the dedicated fleet, the "back-up jet" and separate terminals/security after the 2008 recession, the death knell started. So it doesn't come as a surprise. Sad it goes out with such a whimper.

But it was one of the unique things in the US where the college kid (me) the network news anchor (Dan Rather) and the senator (Phil Gramm of Texas) all set in the same row together (Rather had the middle seat).

You're missing the key factor in the decline of the shuttle - the introduction of the Acela in 2000.

ScottB

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:19 pm

blockski wrote:
You're missing the key factor in the decline of the shuttle - the introduction of the Acela in 2000.

The Chinatown bus lines also had an impact. College students are a lot less likely to be on the Shuttle when they can hop on a bus between Boston/NYC/DC for $10-20. Driving also became more competitive when speed limits in all the NE Corridor states rose to 65 mph.

MIflyer12

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm

I would add the post-9/11 security line length and unpredictability as also hampering competitiveness of air travel on short distances.

JBLUA320

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:51 pm

I have to imagine it's a strategic decision - to whatever extent of collaboration was legally allowed - with JetBlue. JetBlue announcing a shuttle as American steps back, with a full codeshare on those flights, isn't totally by chance.

airlineworker

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:03 pm

F27500 wrote:
It is a shame historically speaking, but I'm surprised it didn't happen before now. There's just not a need for so many flights and airlines each day in these markets. Especially with new airlines like JetBlue joining in .. has to be an awful lotta empty seats flying around up there on BOS-LGA-DCA now .. all for the "prestige". Changing times.

It's all about the slots. US tried to use every LGA slot even with Dash-8 flights to small cities and many flights to PHL that had light loads.

ben175

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:04 pm

I flew a BOS-LGA Shuttle with a total of 8 pax back in early 2019. The lightest load I’ve ever had on a flight.

william

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 pm

blockski wrote:
N717TW wrote:

Ding, ding, ding, we have an answer. And don't forget 2 hour arrival times a the airport to get though TSA for a 45 minute flight.

DLASFlyer

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Perfect demonstration of why the B6-AA partnership is anti-competitive. AA goes from 12 frequencies to zero on a route they used to compete on.

Boof02671

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:14 pm

They will still be flying LGA-DCA-LGA not just marketed at the Shuttle .

adamblang

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Here's an excerpt and a working link:

As part of the move, American is retiring its Shuttle product, which offered shorter check-in cutoff times, dedicated kiosks and more-convenient boarding gates. As part of the move, American will be pulling out of the Boston to New York/LaGuardia market in January, and JetBlue will operate exclusively in that corridor going forward.

william

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Sad, really, I remember the Eastern Shuttle, 60 minutes did a story on it. It was one of the most valuable assets of Eastern Airlines.

cathay747

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:22 pm

blockski wrote:
N717TW wrote:

Exactly, but then 9/11 on top of it caused a huge bump up in Amtrak's traffic at the expense of the Shuttles; the time frame of the arrival of the Acela equipment turned out to be quite fortuitous. The cheap bus service which came later was just a bit of extra icing on the cake for those unwilling or unable to pay even the cheap Amtrak fare on "conventional" (non-Acela) Northeast Regional trains.

cathay747

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm

william wrote:
Sad, really, I remember the Eastern Shuttle, 60 minutes did a story on it. It was one of the most valuable assets of Eastern Airlines.

Totally true, and it was also consistently the most, or one of the most, profitable parts of EA's entire network. It was a cash cow for EA.

tphuang

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:31 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
Perfect demonstration of why the B6-AA partnership is anti-competitive. AA goes from 12 frequencies to zero on a route they used to compete on.

At the same time, B6 is going from 5 or 6 a day pre-COVID to 15. That's only a slight drop in frequency. If the demand is there, I'm sure they will upgauge.

DL is currently showing 10 a day for next year when it was at 17 pre-COVID.

It's possible we will never have the pre-COVID capacity back on this route. Demand has changed as a result of COVID.

blockski

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Boof02671 wrote:

The key thing that made the Shuttle different wasn't just branding, but the 'show up and go' nature of the operation - reservations not required, etc.

The flights will still happen, they're just going to be booked like normal flights.

That's another factor with the rise of the Acela - that kind of flexibility is a lot easier for a railroad to offer.

FlyingElvii

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:57 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
I would add the post-9/11 security line length and unpredictability as also hampering competitiveness of air travel on short distances.

Add in the fact that a large percentage of folks that would actually pay for the big seats up front now Black Car or Uber to Teterboro, or Atlantic at LGA, hop on a TBM or an Epic within five minutes of arriving, and are there in Boston or DCA/IAD in less than an hour., at roughly the same cost, adjusted for inflation.

I think several factors are responsible, mainly the security theater introduced after 9/11, and even before that. The demise of the heli-shuttles from Manhattan played a part, as does the insanely congested airspace, slots, and changing technologies. The “just walk up and go” ease of it is no longer possible.

The Shuttle was a competitive advantage, designed to attract the decision makers for other travel, Eastern did not really care if it made money, (and it was a money maker until the mid-80’s) as long as it broke even. A CEO could be in the office at 1pm, and in the air for DC by 2:05, or even less using the heli-shuttles. And it worked gloriously, right up until it didn’t. The New York Air and PanAm Shuttles were a factor, the expansion of LGA, as was the introduction of the RJ.

Similar shuttle operations after deregulation, like the PSA and United LA-SFO, or NW’s ORD-MSP, went away a long ago.

MIflyer12

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:58 pm

tphuang wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:

At the same time, B6 is going from 5 or 6 a day pre-COVID to 15. That's only a slight drop in frequency. If the demand is there, I'm sure they will upgauge.

DL is currently showing 10 a day for next year when it was at 17 pre-COVID.

On a short route like this (where connections would be completely uncompetitive), market competition is more a function of the number of competitors, not frequencies. LGA-BOS competes with EWR-BOS and JFK-BOS for some meaningful fraction of passengers but AA/B6 vs. DL isn't the same as a three-way scrum AA vs. DL vs. B6.

ContinentalEWR

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 pm

blockski wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

The key thing that made the Shuttle different wasn't just branding, but the 'show up and go' nature of the operation - reservations not required, etc.

The flights will still happen, they're just going to be booked like normal flights.

That's another factor with the rise of the Acela - that kind of flexibility is a lot easier for a railroad to offer.

The guaranteed seat, the spare aircraft, and all the ancillary marketing (magazines, high frequency, and ease) really aren't necessary or reflective of what it is anymore. The Acela has been around for 20 years. As you say, the "show up and go" element of the Shuttle are gone and have been for a long time.

FlyingElvii

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Eastern Air Shuttle TV Ads:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=770701053432919

TV Ads launch for the PanAm Shuttle. These were BRUTAL to a labor trouble-plagued Eastern.
https://youtu.be/SIwG-9qaUKc

N717TW
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:22 pm

blockski wrote:
N717TW wrote:

I agree. The Acela is the key factor is the demise...but only coupled with 9/11 security. On the DC-NY leg, the train is much faster while its still 3.5+ hours to Boston. The extra time. burdens of TSA security made the plane less competitive, especially if you missed the flight and had to wait another hour.

I am just old enough to remember the 5 minute cut off (you could buy your ticket at the ATM-style machines right up to. :55) but not old enough to remember the train-conductor style FA...where you got on the Shuttle and the FA took your ticket. When I started flying the Shuttle for work in the 2000s the "old-timers" would talk about the Eastern FA's walking the aisle saying "tickets please."

LCDFlight

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:27 pm

The purpose used to be fast-paced business meetings among the 3 cities. That kind of isn't happening anymore. The concept of hourly flights is cool, but the primary audience doesn't care anymore. DCA BOS LGA has evolved to being a more normal normal mix of business and leisure.'

The downfall was gradual, but the hourly flights (and possible corporate contracts they encouraged) eventually were clearly not worth it during COVID.

SWALUV

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:

To be fair, B6 had announced in Feb of 2019 the intention of going up to 14 daily BOS-DCA with UA announcing plans to go hourly service from EWR-DCA in Jan of 2020. The fact that AA is removing the shuttle designation from these flights is more likely related to the fact that demand has drastically changed, and the competition, in an already highly saturated market, is beyond high. I think the NEA, while probably a small factor in this decision, isn't nearly as large as it's made out to be.

B6 Feb '19 Announcement
http://blueir.investproductions.com/inv ... -184504961

UA Jan '20 Announcement
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ai ... a-shuttle/

ContinentalEWR

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:48 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:

Delta has a strong presence on LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA. UA just launched an EWR-DCA shuttle (which is a bit of headscratcher). The market is well served and AA exiting LGA-BOS doesn't make it an anti-competitive move. With all the additions being made by the big 3 across a lot of NE airports, if anything, the NEA is stimulating competition, not choking it.

MAH4546

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:11 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:

Delta has a strong presence on LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA. UA just launched an EWR-DCA shuttle (which is a bit of headscratcher). The market is well served and AA exiting LGA-BOS doesn't make it an anti-competitive move. With all the additions being made by the big 3 across a lot of NE airports, if anything, the NEA is stimulating competition, not choking it.

It’s grossly anticompetitive and clear indicator of why the NEA alliance needs to be ruled illegal collusion.

UA’s DCAEWR shuttle isn’t a head-scratcher. It’s slot squatting.

ScottB

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:24 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:

I'm sorry, but that is just nonsense. Pre-Covid, B6 planned to go to 15x daily between BOS and LGA, and it's unlikely that either DL or AA would have reduced their Shuttle frequencies because the service has been historically critical to securing high-value corporate contracts in Boston, NYC, and DC. Going from three carriers competing aggressively for business to two is absolutely anti-competitive. When AA and B6 divide the markets they serve from NYC or BOS, it removes the competitive benefit of having an additional player in markets which they'd otherwise both be likely to serve. There may be some smaller markets which do gain competition, but this is vastly outweighed by the much larger markets (like BOS-PHL/DCA/LGA) which see an enormous decline in competition.

tphuang

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:31 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
On a short route like this (where connections would be completely uncompetitive), market competition is more a function of the number of competitors, not frequencies. LGA-BOS competes with EWR-BOS and JFK-BOS for some meaningful fraction of passengers but AA/B6 vs. DL isn't the same as a three-way scrum AA vs. DL vs. B6.

I agree with your general point that more airlines normally result in more competition and lower fares.

Out of Boston, we have seen some really low prices in a lot of market served by just B6 and DL. BOS-PIT/BUF/MSP/RIC/CLE are prime examples. The yields on those were terrible pre-COVID. Although BOS-ATL also has NK, its fares also cratered as soon as B6 entered the market.

pre-COVID, the competitive dynamic was:
1 dominant legacy (DL), 1 competitive legacy (AA) and 1 not competitive LCC (B6)
now you are having:
1 competitive legacy and 1 competitive LCC

I don't think you can say the former will necessarily result in lower fares than the latter. The latter could also lead to really low fares. I think the yield will be more dependent on capacity and demand here.

ScottB wrote:
I'm sorry, but that is just nonsense. Pre-Covid, B6 planned to go to 15x daily between BOS and LGA

That is not true. They had planned for 10x on peak days. Now they are planning 15x.

So about 22 to 15 if we count planned B6 expansion. Prior to planned B6 expansion, it'd be 18 to 15.

Also, B6 and AA are not allowed to code share on BOS-PHL/CLT/DFW/PHX/SYR/ROC.
Last edited by tphuang on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottB

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:42 pm

tphuang wrote:
That is not true. They had planned for 10x on peak days. Now they are planning 15x.

Cool, so we go from ~25x on AA+B6 to 15x on B6 alone. That's still an enormous reduction in capacity, and it's still ridiculously anti-competitive.

tphuang wrote:
pre-COVID, the competitive dynamic was:
1 dominant legacy (DL), 1 competitive legacy (AA) and 1 not competitive LCC (B6)
now you are having:
1 competitive legacy and 1 competitive LCC

That's fine if you're only talking about LGA, but BOS is an entirely different story. There we go from a dominant LCC and two competitive legacy carriers to a dominant LCC-legacy hybrid and a less-competitive legacy. Arguably B6 is moving further and further away from being an LCC as well; at this point they only lack domestic F and airline clubs.

PI4EVR

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:48 pm

If you are not familiar with Jeb Brooks @GreenerGrass.com,a travel blogger on YouTube, review his comparison of flying and using Amtrak between DC and NYC. YouTube search "Train vs Plane RACE DC and NYC."
Acela is a nice product, even with several stops and hopefully Amtrak will reinstate the nonstop WAS-NYP service that was suspended in 2020.
Business and First class service only on board, and First Class includes a hot meal with complimentary bar service at your seat that you can pre-assign in various seat arrangements including singles, doubles and table seating for four.

airbazar

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Humm, correct me if I'm wrong but they are only retiring the product, not the actual flights, correct?
The shuttle product makes no sense today when getting to the airport 30 mins before the flight is no longer feasible most of the times.

ScottB wrote:
blockski wrote:

The Chinatown bus lines also had an impact. College students are a lot less likely to be on the Shuttle when they can hop on a bus between Boston/NYC/DC for $10-20.

That's true only recently. The Chinatown bus lines didn't even exist until the 2000's.
The shuttle and everyone else used to sell cheap last minute walk up fares until the early 90's. A lot of times one could get a ticket cheaper than on Greyhound.

Boof02671

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:58 pm

So AA is suppose to lose money on routes?

AmericanAir88

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm

PI4EVR wrote:
If you are not familiar with Jeb Brooks @GreenerGrass.com,a travel blogger on YouTube, review his comparison of flying and using Amtrak between DC and NYC. YouTube search "Train vs Plane RACE DC and NYC."
Acela is a nice product, even with several stops and hopefully Amtrak will reinstate the nonstop WAS-NYP service that was suspended in 2020.
Business and First class service only on board, and First Class includes a hot meal with complimentary bar service at your seat that you can pre-assign in various seat arrangements including singles, doubles and table seating for four.

Big fan of his channel. Surprising ending on that episode also.

AmericanAir88

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:26 pm

This needed to happen eventually. I like the main select option. It is something that is a great option for non-elites. MCE is worth it on flights like JFK-LAS (glad its back). I still miss B6's "Blue Plus" fare which included a checked bag.

Does anyone know the popularity of different fares and what people mostly prefer? AA seemed to remove basic economy.

PHLspecial

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:35 pm

Why are we sad about ending shuttle services? That frees up slots for more profitable services to else where. When you can drive, take the train or bus shuttle flying as not going to profitable on short routes. Sure the DC to Boston might be competitive flying verse driving or train. JetBlue really doesn't have a monopoly on the LGA-BOS route. They have to complete with other modes of transit and Delta. I have a hard time believing JetBlue is making a profit on this route same with Delta.

Corpsnerd09

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:42 pm

All that is ending is the branding shuttle, the frequencies remain. In turn they introduced a new fare that is business traffic friendly, refundable, free same day flight change, no fees for seats etc for the same routes currently branded as Shuttle and this fare will also be used on SFO-LAX and DFW-ORD. The branding changes are MOSTLY superficial.

UpNAWAy

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:43 pm

They are also rolling out "Main Cabin Select" a new all priority main cabin "biz experince" that will initial be only in NYC & Bos.

Boof02671

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:58 pm

airbazar wrote:
Humm, correct me if I'm wrong but they are only retiring the product, not the actual flights, correct?
The shuttle product makes no sense today when getting to the airport 30 mins before the flight is no longer feasible most of the times.

ScottB wrote:
blockski wrote:

The Chinatown bus lines also had an impact. College students are a lot less likely to be on the Shuttle when they can hop on a bus between Boston/NYC/DC for $10-20.

That's true only recently. The Chinatown bus lines didn't even exist until the 2000's.
The shuttle and everyone else used to sell cheap last minute walk up fares until the early 90's. A lot of times one could get a ticket cheaper than on Greyhound.

They are ending LGA-BOS-LGA but keeping LGA-DCA-LGA.

william

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:15 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Eastern Air Shuttle TV Ads:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=770701053432919

TV Ads launch for the PanAm Shuttle. These were BRUTAL to a labor trouble-plagued Eastern.
https://youtu.be/SIwG-9qaUKc

Wow those commercial were brutally honest. You don't airlines taking pot shots at each other anymore. I guess no need when there is only four left.

william

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Remember when AA had hourly "shuttle like" service from ORD to LGA and ORD to DCA too. And we cannot forget the 30 minute DAL-HOU SWA shuttles that are long gone too.

N965UW

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:26 pm

Had fond memories of the US Shuttle. Sad to see it come to an end.

AA used to run a lot of E175s between LGA and DCA, but now it's all near-hourly A319. That suggests to me that they aren't having problems with demand. We have no indication yet if they'll be reducing frequencies, but the extra administrative stuff associated with running the shuttle brand will be gone.

However with AA ceding the BOS slots to B6, I'm curious if they have a contingency plan if the NEA ever goes south.

FlyingElvii

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Why are we sad about ending shuttle services? That frees up slots for more profitable services to else where. When you can drive, take the train or bus shuttle flying as not going to profitable on short routes. Sure the DC to Boston might be competitive flying verse driving or train. JetBlue really doesn't have a monopoly on the LGA-BOS route. They have to complete with other modes of transit and Delta. I have a hard time believing JetBlue is making a profit on this route same with Delta.

Delta's "Shuttle" is being almost pretty much entirely flown by Republic on 175's.

LGA:
9 Trips today LGA-DCA
9 Trips to LGA-BOS, with one A220.
7 Trips BOS-DCA

4 Trips JFK-DCA
4 of 6 trips JFK-BOS, with an A220 and a very late 319.

They also run a couple of LGA-BOS, and 5 JFK-DCA on American.

On UA, Republic only runs one EWR-DCA. The other SEVENTEEN trips are BloJet on the "550".

cs03

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Does anyone remember the EA A300B4s on LGA/BOS? $35 for a ticket and paid on board.

ScottB

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 pm

airbazar wrote:

The Shuttles were all-Y 727s on both DL and Trump/US until the late 1990s; they were replaced by all-Y 738s on DL and all-Y A320s on US just before 2000 if memory serves. I don't think the dedicated all-Y Shuttle fleets went away until the financial crisis of the late-aughts, although DL shifted to 733s and then MD-88s (again if memory serves).

The key with respect to the Chinatown buses is that they likely took away some of the volume (at heavily discounted fares) which helped to make the Shuttles viable. $99 one-way for the Shuttle doesn't seem so bad if Greyhound is charging $50 one-way. But it's very unattractive if you can get there on Fung Wah for $20 instead.

Cubsrule

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:00 pm

ScottB wrote:
airbazar wrote:

The Shuttles were all-Y 727s on both DL and Trump/US until the late 1990s; they were replaced by all-Y 738s on DL and all-Y A320s on US just before 2000 if memory serves. I don't think the dedicated all-Y Shuttle fleets went away until the financial crisis of the late-aughts, although DL shifted to 733s and then MD-88s (again if memory serves).

"If memory serves" is the key clause for both of us on this it sounds like, but at least the DL 738s and possibly some of the other types also had an enhanced Y product with better pitch and maybe PTVs? After their removal from the shuttle, the DL "Shuttle 738s" wound up on a lot of routes where DL was trying to hurt FL like ATL-BMI/MDW.

FSDan

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:32 pm

So basically, AA will focus on it's strongest of the shuttle markets, DCA, continuing to fly both DCA-LGA and DCA-BOS but dropping LGA-BOS where it isn't as strong on either end. Given that both DCA-LGA and DCA-BOS will no longer be hourly operations, it makes sense that the shuttle branding is being dropped.

I agree with others that this move won't help their argument with DoJ, although I definitely see their reasons for wanting to do it. I do still think the overall tie-up is a good thing.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:50 pm

cs03 wrote:
Does anyone remember the EA A300B4s on LGA/BOS? $35 for a ticket and paid on board.

They were B2, IIRC, system flew the B4s

wjcandee

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Jeez...

Does NOBODY remember The Flying Nosh????

The NY Air shuttle was amazing. With friendly, attractive staff giving everyone that red bag with a bagel and goodies in it and 2 of whatever drink you ordered? Awesome. SO NEW YORK! All on a comfy DC9.

Josh76040

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 am

cs03 wrote:

The Eastern Shuttle A300s were B2Ks originally built for Iran Air.

PA727

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:24 am

wjcandee wrote:
Jeez...

Does NOBODY remember The Flying Nosh????

The NY Air shuttle was amazing. With friendly, attractive staff giving everyone that red bag with a bagel and goodies in it and 2 of whatever drink you ordered? Awesome. SO NEW YORK! All on a comfy DC9.

Wow, had forgotten about that, (I was young at the time!)

Couldn't find that ad, but did find a great radio spot from the time. Talk about cut-throat competition, New York Air had a promotion offering to pay the return trip on Eastern to compare the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTHZZhEDtME

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos