Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DublinPaul

Re: Irish 12/21: Oh me, oh my .... Omicron

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Does anyone know about Covid testing and Aer Lingus?

I have had 3 vaccinations so far, 2 are AZ and the 3rd is Pfizer.

I'm due to fly EI Dublin Hamburg on Friday returning 4 days later on Tuesday.
I will need to get an antigen test done in Hamburg on Monday.

If by any chance the test result comes up as positive, will Aer Lingus refuse to let me travel and leave me stranded in Hamburg for 10-14 days?

I assume the chance of a false positive result, or even a genuine positive result is probably low, but I would worry for the whole weekend about and it would probably be pointless going at all.

Does anyone know if Aer Lingus would refuse to let an Irish citizen fly home if they can't produce the correct test result at check in at Hamburg airport?

All help appreciated.

OA260

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:03 pm

DublinPaul wrote:
Does anyone know about Covid testing and Aer Lingus?

I have had 3 vaccinations so far, 2 are AZ and the 3rd is Pfizer.

I'm due to fly EI Dublin Hamburg on Friday returning 4 days later on Tuesday.
I will need to get an antigen test done in Hamburg on Monday.

If by any chance the test result comes up as positive, will Aer Lingus refuse to let me travel and leave me stranded in Hamburg for 10-14 days?

I assume the chance of a false positive result, or even a genuine positive result is probably low, but I would worry for the whole weekend about and it would probably be pointless going at all.

Does anyone know if Aer Lingus would refuse to let an Irish citizen fly home if they can't produce the correct test result at check in at Hamburg airport?

All help appreciated.

The short answer is yes you would be stuck and until you can show a negative result no airline would carry you . That is why as soon as the Irish government brought back testing we saw mass cancellations as
thousands like you are worried about getting stranded.
I guess its a risk everyone takes . While % wise its probably low its still a worry . Only you can decide if
the risk outweighs the benefits .

DublinPaul

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:17 pm

That's a quick and helpful response OA260 and pretty much what I feared.
This was my first "toe in the water" on the international travel front in 26 months and now I'm sorry I booked anything.
EI will reschedule the flight but the short term car parking fees at Dublin airport are probably a write off along with some other prepaid bookings.
So it's cancellation for me and I'll think long an hard before risking any further foreign escapades.
Many thanks for your help.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:42 pm

The early data coming from Omicron seems to suggest that it's more transmissible, but milder (possibly meaning fewer hospitalisations?) and doesn't evade at least one of the approved vaccines (3 doses) therefore hopefully these travel restrictions will be revised early in the New Year.

OA260

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:05 pm

DublinPaul wrote:
This was my first "toe in the water" on the international travel front in 26 months and now I'm sorry I booked anything.
EI will reschedule the flight but the short term car parking fees at Dublin airport are probably a write off along with some other prepaid bookings.
So it's cancellation for me and I'll think long an hard before risking any further foreign escapades.

Sorry to hear that but honesty best policy in this current climate . I cancelled a Xmas markets trip purely for this reason . I will only currently travel to friends and family as I know I have a place to isolate should it happen. Obviously thats not an option for many . Id advise if you want to plan then April / May - October next year will most likely be no issues but come next November I think we will be in a similar situation . So travel lots next Summer . Its what I did this year and thought it was going to be a bad Winter.

As Americanshamrock said hopefully this new strain is not as bad as predicted and maybe come March we will be back to low cases and a better position to travel without tests .

JAmie2k9

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Ryanair add x4 weekly Dublin-Nuremberg from 30 March as part of a new base announcement.

shamrock350

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:21 pm

The second Emerald Airlines ATR72 has emerged in Aer Lingus Regional colours.

EI-GPN Departing EGSH/NWI After Respray 08/12/2021 by Josh Knights, on Flickr

OA260

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:58 pm

Seems more tweaks and cancellations / reductions throughout the USA - Europe - EIR are coming . Notably LAX and SEA until May .

JAmie2k9

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:23 pm

LOT had increased Warsaw to daily for summer 2022, they launched at x4 weekly.

VanBosch

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:29 pm

DublinPaul wrote:

Could you cut it short and go Friday to Sunday? You can get a PCR test Thursday evening which is valid until Sunday evening.

It means you can guarantee you can get home, it’s ridiculous but they are the rules.

OA260

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:18 am

WATCH: Aer Lingus flight makes rocky but masterful landing during Storm Barra

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/storm ... dublin.amp

--

Review supports continuation of State funding for Shannon Airport

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/muns ... 61300.html

It seems the impact on the Shannon Airport is expected to be more severe and last well into 2022 .

jrfspa320

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:05 am

shamrock350 wrote:

The new livery really suits the ATR, just a shame about the rest of the fleet!

OA260

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:14 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

The livery works really well on the small aircraft due to the shorter length of white. The Cityjet aircraft in Aer Lingus livery were the best IMHO. Miss flying on and seeing those.

Phen

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:09 pm

OA260 wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

The livery works really well on the small aircraft due to the shorter length of white. The Cityjet aircraft in Aer Lingus livery were the best IMHO. Miss flying on and seeing those.

Indeed I think if they had gone for a more billboard-type "Aer Lingus" at the front, something along the lines of American, it would have looked a lot better and balanced things out especially on the A330.

Clydenairways

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:26 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Anybody know when they will start operating for EI yet ?

BrianDromey

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:01 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

I’m not loving this. I’m not quite sure why but I think it’s a combination of the small titles, placed a little too high on the fuselage and too far forward. At the back T he size and positioning of the tail sash gives too much prominence to the brighter green. I’m not keen on the size or position of the Regional titles either. I think it’s that they are positioned with respect to the exit hatches rather than the window line.
Phen wrote:
Ithink if they had gone for a more billboard-type "Aer Lingus" at the front, something along the lines of American, it would have looked a lot better and balanced things out especially on the A330.

I’ve posted similar thoughts in the past. I think someone might even have mocked it up. Fundamentally the Aer Lingus logo typeface is a bit too light for the small titles they have chosen. The brand standard must require that the logo is not punctuated by aircraft windows and door outlines. Unless you have a capital G the visuals will inevitably look awkward.

wexfordflyer

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:05 pm

OA260 wrote:
DublinPaul wrote:

Sorry to hear that but honesty best policy in this current climate . I cancelled a Xmas markets trip purely for this reason . I will only currently travel to friends and family as I know I have a place to isolate should it happen. Obviously thats not an option for many . Id advise if you want to plan then April / May - October next year will most likely be no issues but come next November I think we will be in a similar situation . So travel lots next Summer . Its what I did this year and thought it was going to be a bad Winter.

As Americanshamrock said hopefully this new strain is not as bad as predicted and maybe come March we will be back to low cases and a better position to travel without tests .

I went to Brussels last weekend, was flying back on Sunday, so the first day of the new regime! I was staying with friends, but had I been staying in a hotel I probably would have cancelled. At least with friends had I been unlucky to be positive, I could have isolated in their home. Not ideal, but doable. Flew over Friday eve, I actually got a PCR Friday morning before going, and it was still valid for coming back on Sunday eve. A friend who came with me got an antigen test in Brussels on Sat morning, so we could fully enjoy the rest of the trip knowing we could get home!

As an aside, it was my first time using the Verifly app with Aer Lingus, and I was less than impressed. While it made it easy once I got to the airport, check-in just had to see we had the app completed, the app itself isn't very good. I don't think it's very user friendly or easy to navigate or understand. It's pretty glitchy when uploading documents. I'm very IT competent and comfortable, but I just found verifly a hassle. Wasn't able to check-in on the Aer Lingus app without having completed the uploading on Verifly. Why could this not have been incorporated into the EI app, like Ryanair have done?

OA260

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Clydenairways wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Anybody know when they will start operating for EI yet ?

I had seen them loaded at one stage for 27th March 2022 onwards on BHD-EDI/GLA and DUB-ED/GLA but that could have changed.

JAmie2k9

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:51 pm

AA drop SNN for 2022 due to aircraft delivery delays.

Fliplot

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Wexfordflyer because EI only ever do quick fixes and never any solutions. It seems to be cheap and cheerful all the way! Just look at tbe current branding - the more I see it the less I like it.

EI320

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Wexfordflyer because EI only ever do quick fixes and never any solutions. It seems to be cheap and cheerful all the way! Just look at tbe current branding - the more I see it the less I like it.

I have to agree Fliplot. Almost three years on since its unveiling, the new livery really hasn’t grown on me at all. I find it distinctly underwhelming every time I see it.

While the old livery was somewhat dated, it was still streets ahead of this new one. The A330 with the old livery is one of the finest looking aircraft out there.

ClassicLover

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:15 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:
As an aside, it was my first time using the Verifly app with Aer Lingus, and I was less than impressed. While it made it easy once I got to the airport, check-in just had to see we had the app completed, the app itself isn't very good. I don't think it's very user friendly or easy to navigate or understand. It's pretty glitchy when uploading documents. I'm very IT competent and comfortable, but I just found verifly a hassle. Wasn't able to check-in on the Aer Lingus app without having completed the uploading on Verifly. Why could this not have been incorporated into the EI app, like Ryanair have done?

I'd say because the airlines don't expect to be using it in a post-pandemic world, so why integrate it? BA and AA have not integrated VeriFLY into their apps either, so it's not just an EI thing. I used it flying Toulouse to Dublin via London Heathrow in October and Heathrow to Dublin in November and found it to be pretty straightforward. They checked the app at check-in when I was in Toulouse, but that was the only time it was actually asked for in my experiences so far. I'm flying to the USA next month with BA, so we'll see how that goes... first sector is with EI, so god knows what'll happen.

OA260

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:00 pm

It seems there have been some issues with the Aer Lingus Lapland charters . EI - CVA operating DUB - RVN last week diverted to another airport as apparently the pilot refused to land there saying the runway was too short.? I see a few others have been disrupted also. I saw some complaints on FB and one passenger said plenty of other flights landed . The result was that families had a 6 hour transfer each way just for an overnight trip. Some very unhappy punters considering the costs for such trips I can understand why .

JAmie2k9

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:08 pm

OA260 wrote:
It seems there have been some issues with the Aer Lingus Lapland charters . EI - CVA operating DUB - RVN last week diverted to another airport as apparently the pilot refused to land there saying the runway was too short.? I see a few others have been disrupted also. I saw some complaints on FB and one passenger said plenty of other flights landed . The result was that families had a 6 hour transfer each way just for an overnight trip. Some very unhappy punters considering the costs for such trips I can understand why .

If he couldn't land there then don't know how he has survived a career at Aer Lingus with a shorter runway at DUB. I'm sure both flights tomorrow will land without issue and there is another explanation.

Fliplot

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 pm

I have to ask! Didn't he know the length of the runway before he left or do EI now no linger plan their flights? Did the pilot not have his coffee break. I can hear you guys shouting safety first which of course I accept BUT how could he leave DUB not knowing the length of the runway!
I also accept that current media reporting is less than honest and less than objective!!!!

factsonly

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:28 pm

On December 10th, EI re-introduces flight EI610/611 the late DUB-AMS rotation, which is used to swap A320's between DUB and ORK bases.

- 10 Dec 2021 DUB 17.20 - AMS 19.55 EI610 A320 EI-DEG
- 10 Dec 2021 AMS 20.35 - ORK 21.25 EI845 A320 EI-DEG

- 10 Dec 2021 ORK 17.00 - AMS 19.40 EI844 A320 EI-DEO
- 10 Dec 2021 AMS 20.40 - DUB 21.20 EI611 A320 EI-DEO

Source: FR24

OA260

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Fliplot wrote:
I have to ask! Didn't he know the length of the runway before he left or do EI now no linger plan their flights? Did the pilot not have his coffee break. I can hear you guys shouting safety first which of course I accept BUT how could he leave DUB not knowing the length of the runway!
I also accept that current media reporting is less than honest and less than objective!!!!

Obviously two sides to every story and there is no doubt a few lurkers who know the truth . Flightradar24 records do back up that certainly the event(s) happened but obviously no further detail . The records for EI DVE 1/12 was also due to go to RVN and looks like the decision not to land was made. It would be interesting to see what weather conditions were and what aircraft did land around that time .

Just seen this on Twitter :

https://twitter.com/mrrf211982/status/1 ... 09600?s=21

ckpaeg

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:35 pm

Interesting to see AA cite DUB as a “key partner hub” in their update on international service reductions next year.

shamrock350

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:13 pm

I asked a friend of mine on the ground in RVN when I saw the first diversions take place, he wasn’t entirely sure of the exact cause but did say there was noticeable congestion at RVN at the time, it was one of the first days for Lapland charters and a number of flights from the UK had already landed which were then subsequently delayed. The weather at the time was freezing, moderate snow but good visibility.

A second Aer Lingus flight was able to land a few hours later on the same day but there has since been at least one other diversion. Most return legs have also suffered delays of varying length, this isn’t unusual for RVN at this time year with the volume of flights vs available ground crews. Recent weather conditions adding to the pressure. OUL received a few other diversions in recent days, yesterday an AlbaStar from Milan for example.

Whether or not congestion was the cause remains to be seen but it’s worth noting Aer Lingus also operated flights to KTT, somewhat further north than RVN, without the same level of issues.

ckpaeg wrote:
Interesting to see AA cite DUB as a “key partner hub” in their update on international service reductions next year.

Very much back in bed with EI from next year it seems.

Phen

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:16 pm

EI have been flying those Xmas charters to RVN for years at this stage so stories about the pilot only discovering after leaving Dublin that the runway is too short there is obviously nonsense. It should go without saying that all these details are always more than adequately worked out before every flight is pushed back - across the industry, not just EI. What is far more likely is that the weather wasn't good enough to land, or the runway wasn't cleared of snow and ice well enough to make a safe landing. There could be many other reasons but it only takes one passenger to mishear an explanatory PA (in a cabin which is likely full of overexcited shouting kids) and draw a such a conclusion and then its on twitter for all to see and assume correct.

Edit: Thanks Shamrock350 for the insight above ^^^

Fliplot

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Thank you Phen for stating the glaringly obvious! Good to have it repeated though. This is one of those times when EI should explain what happened and it should have been dealt with quickly. But we know that EI are no longer renowned for their service and passenger care. Just another day of the same old sloppy service.

OA260

Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:23 am

Dublin Airport Christmas passenger numbers set to be 42% lower than 2019 levels

Dublin Airport said that an estimated 850,000 people are due to travel through the airport this Christmas.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/1 ... s-numbers/

With a few weeks to go and lots of changes on restrictions it will be interesting to see the final figure compared to the above estimate.

Clydenairways

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:40 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
I asked a friend of mine on the ground in RVN when I saw the first diversions take place, he wasn’t entirely sure of the exact cause but did say there was noticeable congestion at RVN at the time, it was one of the first days for Lapland charters and a number of flights from the UK had already landed which were then subsequently delayed. The weather at the time was freezing, moderate snow but good visibility.

A second Aer Lingus flight was able to land a few hours later on the same day but there has since been at least one other diversion. Most return legs have also suffered delays of varying length, this isn’t unusual for RVN at this time year with the volume of flights vs available ground crews. Recent weather conditions adding to the pressure. OUL received a few other diversions in recent days, yesterday an AlbaStar from Milan for example.

Whether or not congestion was the cause remains to be seen but it’s worth noting Aer Lingus also operated flights to KTT, somewhat further north than RVN, without the same level of issues.

ckpaeg wrote:

Lots of chat about this on facebook by the affected passengers, some claiming that landing slots wasn't booked. Others claiming other reasons. Not sure if these are true though.

OA260

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Clydenairways wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

ckpaeg wrote:

Lots of chat about this on facebook by the affected passengers, some claiming that landing slots wasn't booked. Others claiming other reasons. Not sure if these are true though.

I have been PM'd by someone on a flight. Lots more to this and a further statement is expected to be updated to the passengers in writing according to the person who was on the flight. A statement should be made public to clarfy exactly what has happened and the events that
lead to it then it would get the correct message out. I expect there could be compensation sought from those impacted.

Fliplot

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:23 pm

Too little too late. No matter what the reason now the story is the kids trip to Lapland and Santa was destroyed by EI!

BrianDromey

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Too little too late. No matter what the reason now the story is the kids trip to Lapland and Santa was destroyed by EI!

It sounds like the combination of aircraft and crew were unable to land/attempt to land at a particular airport on a particular day, this is hardly a scandal. There are a lot of combinations where one airline/aircraft/crew complement can land and another one can't. It might have been that a particular system on the aircraft was unserviceable, became unserviceable en-route or the the weather conditions changed. A runway excursion or other landing incident would have ruined the trip. People were inconvenienced by bad weather when travelling inside the artic in winter - its sounds like a reasonable possibility for any given trip to RVN.

AmricanShamrok

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:31 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

It sounds like the combination of aircraft and crew were unable to land/attempt to land at a particular airport on a particular day, this is hardly a scandal. There are a lot of combinations where one airline/aircraft/crew complement can land and another one can't. It might have been that a particular system on the aircraft was unserviceable, became unserviceable en-route or the the weather conditions changed. A runway excursion or other landing incident would have ruined the trip. People were inconvenienced by bad weather when travelling inside the artic in winter - its sounds like a reasonable possibility for any given trip to RVN.

Whatever the issues were, one common theme seems to prevail - inadequate communication by the crew as to the nature of the problem. This is probably why there are a number of different stories circulating. Without knowing the facts, I could of course be well wide of the mark but that's what it seems to me.

BrianDromey

Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 am

PhilipBass wrote:
I think we can agree that the South West of Ireland simply doesn't have that much demand for trips to Edinburgh and vice versa so that level of service is unsustainable in the long term.

FR have added a lot of capacity to U.K.-SNN/ORK for the summer. I think the 189 seat 738s are a bit big for the task, but FRs low costs and ancillary revenue model will probably mean they do ok. In normal times I would agree with you and say It might be a flash in the pan for a summer or two. Who knows these days?

OA260 wrote:
Cork Airport expects return of transatlantic flights
US airline Delta was close to commencing a New York to Cork flight prior to the pandemic

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ ... 61543.html

Hopefully in time we will see TATL return to ORK on a seasonal basis .

The Delta news is interesting. They would be a fantastic addition to the network from Cork. JFK is a huge hub for Delta and the O&D potential of NYC is obvious. The A321LR/XLR gives Cork a fighting chance.
The marketing team have done really well getting the KL and AF nightstoppers the new Vueling service and the likes of Swiss to GVA. They are certainly working hard - not bad for an airport without a runway for 1/5th of the year!

bennett123

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:54 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

It sounds like the combination of aircraft and crew were unable to land/attempt to land at a particular airport on a particular day, this is hardly a scandal. There are a lot of combinations where one airline/aircraft/crew complement can land and another one can't. It might have been that a particular system on the aircraft was unserviceable, became unserviceable underen-route or the the weather conditions changed. A runway excursion or other landing incident would have ruined the trip. People were inconvenienced by bad weather when travelling inside the artic in winter - its sounds like a reasonable possibility for any given trip to RVN.

Whatever the issues were, one common theme seems to prevail - inadequate communication by the crew as to the nature of the problem. This is probably why there are a number of different stories circulating. Without knowing the facts, I could of course be well wide of the mark but that's what it seems to me.

I suspect that 'the runway was to short due ...', but people only
hear the first part.

Phen

Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:59 am

BrianDromey wrote:
The marketing team have done really well getting the KL and AF nightstoppers the new Vueling service and the likes of Swiss to GVA. They are certainly working hard - not bad for an airport without a runway for 1/5th of the year!

Absolutely. When you look at how committed some continental European carriers are to ORK, its in stark comparison to how pared back the EI offering has become there.

Very interesting about DL and TA services. I would worry though about performance of the A321neo LR/XLR out of Cork. Runway 16/34 is less than 2,200m. The neo has already struggled in Dublin approaching heavier weights on a longer runway there. Norwegian seemed to be able to make the 737 work so perhaps DL would try that or maybe the Max in years to come.

OA260

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:10 am

EI320 wrote:
While the old livery was somewhat dated, it was still streets ahead of this new one. The A330 with the old livery is one of the finest looking aircraft out there.

I wonder if they had kept the general layout of the old livery but changed the colour to teal with the new green stripe all the way along the fuselage would it have worked. I have to say the livery has grown on me and the old one does look like another lifetime ago and tired.
Thats not saying a better new livery could have been introduced .

( My own photo )

Phen

Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:19 pm

The one issue with such a prolonged fleet repainting transition as shown in your photo is the number of aircraft flying around with mismatched engine cowls. I'm not sure which is worse - blue/teal cowls on the old livery or white cowls on the new livery. Who knows when the whole fleet will be finished, I imagine its very low down the priority list for management at the moment, unless an aircraft needs the repaint done anyway for maintenance reasons.

Vicenza

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:52 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

Inadequate communication to whom? A flight crew is not responsible for PR

nickya340

Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:55 pm

Phen wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

Absolutely. When you look at how committed some continental European carriers are to ORK, its in stark comparison to how pared back the EI offering has become there.

Very interesting about DL and TA services. I would worry though about performance of the A321neo LR/XLR out of Cork. Runway 16/34 is less than 2,200m. The neo has already struggled in Dublin approaching heavier weights on a longer runway there. Norwegian seemed to be able to make the 737 work so perhaps DL would try that or maybe the Max in years to come.

The 757 would also be an option for the route, which has better runway performance. DL will keep some for a few more years at least.

Fliplot

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:00 am

Flight crew are not responsible for corporate PR.but they are responsible for communications on their respective flights. If, for what ever reason, you have just seriously dented kids expectations and dreams then one should be able to give an honest and informative reason!

OA260

Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:48 am

I had a pretty decent flight DUB - ACE with EI yesterday.
119 passengers which was still healthy given the current climate. Was mostly retired people with a few families and a handful of young couples. I was lucky enough to have a row to myself.

The crew were very friendly and the Bia menu was fully stocked . They were really pushing the duty free. This time I went for the cheese/cranberry wrap which was really nice .

T2 in Dublin was quite empty as was the lounge .
I noticed Nordica by Xfly was operating on behalf of
SK DUB - ARN .

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:02 pm

OA260 wrote:

I noticed Nordica by Xfly was operating on behalf of
SK DUB - ARN .

Yes, I dispatched that one; nice aircraft! Gorgeous colours, too.

On the subject of the EI colours, I actually like them and I think the shade of turquoise used is very nice. That's not the problem; the problem is that they need to have a consistent brand. Mueller was very hot on that and I think it contributes to good morale if there is attention to a strict quality of branding, including consistency and cleanliness. There will be those who'll say, "but haven't you noticed there's a pandemic; don't you think we have more important things to be thinking about?"

And I'd say, "Yes, but you still have a brand worth protecting and your fleet is hardly being over-worked, so there should be time to get your product right. You have staff whose morale needs to be built up an " little" things like your brand need to be taken care of." Sure, if the fleet were flying 18h a day, I'd say, sure, there isn't the time, but now, there is. Get the cowlings sorted; keep the planes clean; even those two things would help.

The problem is that there isn't recognition of the fact that morale matters. Leadership of a company is more than just taking care of the euros and cents; there needs to be a human element and we're not seeing much sign of that. Does the new CEO make herself available or even visible to staff, or send out a weekly email/newsletter?

JannEejit

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:34 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Is it just a trick of the light or does it have a light grey underbelly ?

Fliplot

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Is the current EI CEO even resident in Ireland? Yes Mueller would be horrified at how inconsistent EI have become. Why go euro white if you are not going to keep the aircraft clean?

JAmie2k9

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:39 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
AA drop SNN for 2022 due to aircraft delivery delays.

DFW B787-8 replacing 9.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos