Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 12362
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Welcome to the Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022. Please continue to add your comments below.

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1455943&p=22578927&hilit=production#p22578927
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:36 pm

Firat movement for 12 January 2022:

MSN 2003 Starlux Airlines F-WWCN/B-58301, second test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2003
 
oldJoe
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:16 am

audidudi wrote:
Firat movement for 12 January 2022:

MSN 2003 Starlux Airlines F-WWCN/B-58301, second test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2003


And for the record this frame will be delivered next month plus three more this year.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4407246
 
MEA-707
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 1999 4:51 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:46 am

I was surprised to see MSN 2007 (F-WWCL) also being for the French Air Force. The MRTTs have their own Line numbers, does anyone know what number/registration it will be?
The problem: MRTT047/F-UJCM is MSN 1998, MRTT048/F-UJCN is MSN 2008, MRTT049/F-UJCO is MSN 2011. It can't be MRTT050 because that one is used already for the Korean Air Force.
 
User avatar
PM
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 am

MEA-707 wrote:
I was surprised to see MSN 2007 (F-WWCL) also being for the French Air Force. The MRTTs have their own Line numbers, does anyone know what number/registration it will be?
The problem: MRTT047/F-UJCM is MSN 1998, MRTT048/F-UJCN is MSN 2008, MRTT049/F-UJCO is MSN 2011. It can't be MRTT050 because that one is used already for the Korean Air Force.

The MRTTs have their own Line numbers?

I'm not sure that's correct. I may be wrong, but I assumed the 041, 042 and so on used my the Armée de l'Air was just their own way of identifying planes. The ROKAF use 18-001, 19-002, 19-003, 19-004.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:15 am

PM wrote:
MEA-707 wrote:
I was surprised to see MSN 2007 (F-WWCL) also being for the French Air Force. The MRTTs have their own Line numbers, does anyone know what number/registration it will be?
The problem: MRTT047/F-UJCM is MSN 1998, MRTT048/F-UJCN is MSN 2008, MRTT049/F-UJCO is MSN 2011. It can't be MRTT050 because that one is used already for the Korean Air Force.

The MRTTs have their own Line numbers?

I'm not sure that's correct. I may be wrong, but I assumed the 041, 042 and so on used my the Armée de l'Air was just their own way of identifying planes. The ROKAF use 18-001, 19-002, 19-003, 19-004.


Yes, the MRTTs have standard Airbus A330 construction numbers, but the are also assigned an "MRTT conversion serial number". The French Air Force uses the latter for the plane's registration once in service. So, FAF 041 is A330 c/n 1735 and MRTT041 (i.e. the 41st MRTT conversion).

I saw c/n 2007 when I visited TLS back in October. It was outside, but unpainted, so presumably fairly recently off the production line.
 
MEA-707
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 1999 4:51 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 am

scbriml wrote:
PM wrote:
MEA-707 wrote:
I was surprised to see MSN 2007 (F-WWCL) also being for the French Air Force. The MRTTs have their own Line numbers, does anyone know what number/registration it will be?
The problem: MRTT047/F-UJCM is MSN 1998, MRTT048/F-UJCN is MSN 2008, MRTT049/F-UJCO is MSN 2011. It can't be MRTT050 because that one is used already for the Korean Air Force.

The MRTTs have their own Line numbers?

I'm not sure that's correct. I may be wrong, but I assumed the 041, 042 and so on used my the Armée de l'Air was just their own way of identifying planes. The ROKAF use 18-001, 19-002, 19-003, 19-004.


Yes, the MRTTs have standard Airbus A330 construction numbers, but the are also assigned an "MRTT conversion serial number". The French Air Force uses the latter for the plane's registration once in service. So, FAF 041 is A330 c/n 1735 and MRTT041 (i.e. the 41st MRTT conversion).

I saw c/n 2007 when I visited TLS back in October. It was outside, but unpainted, so presumably fairly recently off the production line.

Thanks for clarifying, Scbriml ! But one small correction, MRTT041 was not (necissairily) the 41st conversion. Comparible to Boeings MSN's they allocated blocks way in advance. That means they worked recently on MRTT049 for the French and MRTT060 for the Netherlands at the same time. MRTT050-053 were for Korea, 054-060 for the Netherlands. So perhaps 061-063 are for the French again.
 
User avatar
PM
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 am

MEA-707 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
PM wrote:
The MRTTs have their own Line numbers?

I'm not sure that's correct. I may be wrong, but I assumed the 041, 042 and so on used my the Armée de l'Air was just their own way of identifying planes. The ROKAF use 18-001, 19-002, 19-003, 19-004.


Yes, the MRTTs have standard Airbus A330 construction numbers, but the are also assigned an "MRTT conversion serial number". The French Air Force uses the latter for the plane's registration once in service. So, FAF 041 is A330 c/n 1735 and MRTT041 (i.e. the 41st MRTT conversion).

I saw c/n 2007 when I visited TLS back in October. It was outside, but unpainted, so presumably fairly recently off the production line.

Thanks for clarifying, Scbriml ! But one small correction, MRTT041 was not (necissairily) the 41st conversion. Comparible to Boeings MSN's they allocated blocks way in advance. That means they worked recently on MRTT049 for the French and MRTT060 for the Netherlands at the same time. MRTT050-053 were for Korea, 054-060 for the Netherlands. So perhaps 061-063 are for the French again.

Thank you both. I didn't know about the numbering system for MRTTs. But, clearly, they are not converted in numerical order.

Is there a place where I can find which number goes with which frame?
 
MEA-707
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 1999 4:51 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:37 am

 
User avatar
PM
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:58 am

MEA-707 wrote:

Ah, thanks!
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20756
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:33 am

MEA-707 wrote:
But one small correction, MRTT041 was not (necissairily) the 41st conversion. Comparible to Boeings MSN's they allocated blocks way in advance.


Thanks for the additional information, appreciated.
 
User avatar
GCT64
Posts: 1973
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:54 am

scbriml wrote:
PM wrote:
I'm not sure that's correct. I may be wrong, but I assumed the 041, 042 and so on used my the Armée de l'Air was just their own way of identifying planes. The ROKAF use 18-001, 19-002, 19-003, 19-004.


Yes, the MRTTs have standard Airbus A330 construction numbers, but the are also assigned an "MRTT conversion serial number". The French Air Force uses the latter for the plane's registration once in service. So, FAF 041 is A330 c/n 1735 and MRTT041 (i.e. the 41st MRTT conversion).

I saw c/n 2007 when I visited TLS back in October. It was outside, but unpainted, so presumably fairly recently off the production line.


The AdlA (or as it should be now: Armée de l'Air et de l'Espace (AAE)) traditionally use construction numbers as their aircraft serial number, however this seems to be a little flexible and open to variation.
So, in line with previous practice, A330MRTT "043" might easily have been given the serial "1916" but it seems in this instance that the AdlA have used the MRTT conversion serial number as the basis for their serial number.
 
papatango
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:32 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:47 pm

Have any of the AirAsia 330neos been delivered?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 13107
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:04 pm

papatango wrote:
Have any of the AirAsia 330neos been delivered?

None, at least to AirAsia. The two A330neos AirAsia X operated were from lessors and not their direct order.
 
User avatar
flee
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:03 am

Polot wrote:
papatango wrote:
Have any of the AirAsia 330neos been delivered?

None, at least to AirAsia. The two A330neos AirAsia X operated were from lessors and not their direct order.

HS-XJA (MSN1901) and HS-XJB(MSN1903) were originally for WoW and are leased from Avolon.

Several of Airasia X's order book frames were in various stages of construction for 2020-2021 delivery but were NTU. They are now going to Condor (MSN1966/1971/1972) and Cebu Pacific (MSN1970/1973/1976).
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:53 pm

Latest movement for 14 January 2022:

MSN 1952 A339 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras F-WWYO/PR-ANV, eleventh test and first customer acceptance flight at TLS (this frame was Delivered on Contract on 18 December 2020!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 pm

audidudi wrote:
Latest movement for 14 January 2022:

MSN 1952 A339 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras F-WWYO/PR-ANV, eleventh test and first customer acceptance flight at TLS (this frame was Delivered on Contract on 18 December 2020!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952


I believe it is the first time I read in your reports (or everywhere else, to be honest) that an airplane is delivered, even only "on contract", before customer acceptance flights! How come?
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Aircellist wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Latest movement for 14 January 2022:

MSN 1952 A339 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras F-WWYO/PR-ANV, eleventh test and first customer acceptance flight at TLS (this frame was Delivered on Contract on 18 December 2020!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952


I believe it is the first time I read in your reports (or everywhere else, to be honest) that an airplane is delivered, even only "on contract", before customer acceptance flights! How come?

I agree. I don't know any details of what happened with this frame. Planespotters.net also confirms the "Delivered on Contract" date.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:53 pm

audidudi wrote:
Aircellist wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Latest movement for 14 January 2022:

MSN 1952 A339 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras F-WWYO/PR-ANV, eleventh test and first customer acceptance flight at TLS (this frame was Delivered on Contract on 18 December 2020!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952


I believe it is the first time I read in your reports (or everywhere else, to be honest) that an airplane is delivered, even only "on contract", before customer acceptance flights! How come?

I agree. I don't know any details of what happened with this frame. Planespotters.net also confirms the "Delivered on Contract" date.


This bird was delivered on contract to Avolon over a year ago and not direct to Azul and went into storage. If Azul want to accept the aircraft now of course they will check it and thus the CAF I guess
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:15 pm

oldJoe wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Aircellist wrote:

I believe it is the first time I read in your reports (or everywhere else, to be honest) that an airplane is delivered, even only "on contract", before customer acceptance flights! How come?

I agree. I don't know any details of what happened with this frame. Planespotters.net also confirms the "Delivered on Contract" date.


This bird was delivered on contract to Avolon over a year ago and not direct to Azul and went into storage. If Azul want to accept the aircraft now of course they will check it and thus the CAF I guess

And while in storage at CHR, she did two test flights, then ferried back to TLS, did one test flight at TLS, then ferried back to CHR, then ferried back to TLS, all in the last 12 months.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm

audidudi wrote:
oldJoe wrote:
audidudi wrote:
I agree. I don't know any details of what happened with this frame. Planespotters.net also confirms the "Delivered on Contract" date.


This bird was delivered on contract to Avolon over a year ago and not direct to Azul and went into storage. If Azul want to accept the aircraft now of course they will check it and thus the CAF I guess

And while in storage at CHR, she did two test flights, then ferried back to TLS, did one test flight at TLS, then ferried back to CHR, then ferried back to TLS, all in the last 12 months.



All makes sense now. Thanks a lot! :-)
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 pm

Latest movements for 19 January 2022:

MSN 1958 Garuda Indonesia A339 F-WWYP/PK-GHH, ferried from CHR>TLS after storage:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1958

MSN 2003 Starlux Airlines A339 F-WWCN/B-58301, third test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2003

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A339 F-WWKU/9K-APH, sixteenth test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
User avatar
JerseyFlyer
Posts: 1987
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:21 pm

Is MSN 2005 a -900 or -800?
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9833
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 pm

JerseyFlyer wrote:
Is MSN 2005 a -900 or -800?


MSN 2005 is actually an A330-800. Kuwait Airways has no A330-900 on order.
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:13 am

mjoelnir wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:
Is MSN 2005 a -900 or -800?


MSN 2005 is actually an A330-800. Kuwait Airways has no A330-900 on order.

Correct...my mistake!
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 pm

Latest movements for 20 January 2022:

MSN 1959 Garuda Indonesia A339 F-WWCD/PK-GHI, ferried from CHR>TLS after storage:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1959

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, seventeenth and eighteenth test flights at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Latest movements for 21 January 2022:

MSN 1952 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras A339 F-WWYO/F-WTAM/PR-ANV, spotted at TLS with a new registration:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952

MSN 1994 Delta Air Lines A339 F-WWCZ/N412DX, taxi check and RTO at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1994
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:10 am

Latest movements for 24 January 2022:

MSN 1994 Delta Air Lines A339 F-WWCZ/N412DX, maiden test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1994

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, nineteenth test flight at TLS (probably a record for test flights!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
bspc
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:12 pm

audidudi wrote:
MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, nineteenth test flight at TLS (probably a record for test flights!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005


I always thought that MSN 2005 was actually some sort of test aircraft prior to delivery, no?
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm

bspc wrote:
audidudi wrote:
MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, nineteenth test flight at TLS (probably a record for test flights!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005


I always thought that MSN 2005 was actually some sort of test aircraft prior to delivery, no?

The prototype is MSN 1888, with reg F-WWTO. If you click on the photo top left in this FR24 link, you will see that she has been parked since at least Sept 2020. I have no idea if MSN 2005 has been used since August 3 2021 (her maiden test flight) as a test aircraft, or even why Airbus chose to park F-WWTO. And MSN 2005 had its twentieth test flight today!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-wtto

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
User avatar
Wildlander
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:49 pm

Probably a "marriage of convenience" in that Kuwait likely have no pressing need to take delivery and Airbus does not want to expend resources on reactivating MSN1888 for what may be a limited series of additional test flights. I don't recall if MSN2005 has been through cabin outfitting but if so, this may be of value in whatever is being tested.
 
User avatar
PM
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:29 pm

I don't know if I'm being excessively pedantic (probably) but we don't really use the term "prototype" any more, do we? Back in the day, a prototype bore quite a resemblance to what eventually went into production but was significantly distinct.

Think the BAe EAP.

https://www.google.com.na/search?q=bae+ ... q0ao2Kt7AM

For a few decades now, the first version of a commercial airliner to fly has been more or less the finished version.

For example, the first ever 777 to fly later entered service with Cathay Pacific.

So, MSN 1888 may be the first A330-800 but I'd hardly call it a prototype.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:45 pm

PM wrote:
I don't know if I'm being excessively pedantic (probably) but we don't really use the term "prototype" any more, do we? Back in the day, a prototype bore quite a resemblance to what eventually went into production but was significantly distinct.

Think the BAe EAP.

https://www.google.com.na/search?q=bae+ ... q0ao2Kt7AM

For a few decades now, the first version of a commercial airliner to fly has been more or less the finished version.

For example, the first ever 777 to fly later entered service with Cathay Pacific.

So, MSN 1888 may be the first A330-800 but I'd hardly call it a prototype.


If I may jump in the pedantic train… Prototype, etymologically, means first of one kind, so I believe it is still correct to use it. However, it is true that what is covered by the term has changed a lot since, say, Concorde's time.

Back to topic :-)
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:01 pm

audidudi wrote:
And MSN 2005 had its twentieth test flight today!

What's the issue with this frame? Might the unusually high number of test flights have anything to do with A338 certification requirements for the previously bruited 251T HGW version :?:
 
bspc
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 pm

Devilfish wrote:
audidudi wrote:
And MSN 2005 had its twentieth test flight today!

What's the issue with this frame? Might the unusually high number of test flights have anything to do with A338 certification requirements for the previously bruited 251T HGW version :?:


I'm pretty sure that is the case.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:32 pm

bspc wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Aah so...Boeing announces the increased gross weight 787-10 and Airbus follows suit with their heavier A338 variant? Nice tit-for-tat...makes sense too doing it with a more representative serial production frame. :thumbsup:
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 pm

Latest spotted frame for 23 January 2022:

MSN 2006 Starlux Airlines A339 F-WWYU/B-xxxxx, spotted at TLS in full c/s:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2006
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Latest movement for 27 January 2022:

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty first test flight at TLS! (I really wonder what's going on here...I think you might be on to something "Devilfish" in reply #34!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:14 pm

audidudi wrote:
MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty first test flight at TLS! (I really wonder what's going on here...I think you might be on to something "Devilfish" in reply #34!):

If I were, Airbus is (major problem aside) being overly meticulous with it. KU doesn't strike me as an airline who would want an A338 with that much uplift capacity or range. So I'm very curious who the first batch of certified 251T frames would be for? :scratchchin:
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:42 pm

Latest movement for 27 January 2022:

MSN 1952 AZUL Linhas Aereas Brasileiras A339 F-WWTO/F-WTAM/PR-ANV?, delivered from TLS>LDE:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1952
 
User avatar
Grizzly410
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:49 pm

Devilfish wrote:
audidudi wrote:
MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty first test flight at TLS! (I really wonder what's going on here...I think you might be on to something "Devilfish" in reply #34!):

If I were, Airbus is (major problem aside) being overly meticulous with it. KU doesn't strike me as an airline who would want an A338 with that much uplift capacity or range. So I'm very curious who the first batch of certified 251T frames would be for? :scratchchin:


Just guessing
It could have the physical capacity and perform certif flight but not being delivered certified for it ?
Like KU just accepted their frame being used for flight testing for some commercial arrangment.
 
lagdroid
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:10 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Is the first VS frame due this year or next?
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 pm

Latest movement for 28 January 2022:

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty second test flight at TLS, (and they continue!):

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:42 pm

audidudi wrote:
MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty second test flight at TLS, (and they continue!):

And not even a peep from KU that they're switching the balance of their A338 order to the higher gross MTOW! :?
 
audidudi
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:45 am

Latest movements for 1 February 2022:

MSN 1994 Delta Air Lines A339 F-WWCZ/N412DX, second test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/1994

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty third test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005
 
Breathe
Posts: 980
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:38 pm

audidudi wrote:
Latest movements for 1 February 2022:

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty third test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005

I don't think Airbus are testing this plane enough. :mrgreen:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:08 pm

Breathe wrote:
I don't think Airbus are testing this plane enough. :mrgreen:

I'm beginning to wonder if Airbus were pitching it for a major freighter tender...or even more shocking - partnering with LM and RR to substitute the type for the tanker competition... :shock:
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9833
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 pm

Breathe wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Latest movements for 1 February 2022:

MSN 2005 Kuwait Airways A338 F-WWKU/9K-APH, twenty third test flight at TLS:

https://aibfamily.flights/A330/2005

I don't think Airbus are testing this plane enough. :mrgreen:


used as test frame for 251 t MTOW.
 
Breathe
Posts: 980
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Breathe wrote:
I don't think Airbus are testing this plane enough. :mrgreen:

I'm beginning to wonder if Airbus were pitching it for a major freighter tender...or even more shocking - partnering with LM and RR to substitute the type for the tanker competition... :shock:

LM - Loganair?! :confused:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7668
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Airbus A330neo Production/Delivery Thread - 2022

Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:00 pm

Breathe wrote:
LM - Loganair?! :confused:

LockMart if that was too vague..... :cheerful:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos