Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ZK-NBT

Re: Emirates Fleet and Network Discussions thread - 2022

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:19 pm

3D101CA wrote:
Maybe it's just me that thinks this, but EK has increased capacity so much with the A380 like it seems to be too much over the years.

Whenever the A380 fleet goes away, there is going to be a drop in capacity otherwise.

How can EK sustain so many A380s and fill extra seats? It seems like years ago they upgraded route after route to the A380 so fast. This is coming from an airline that has largely slowed new destination expansion, just increased capacity on existing routes. Just seems crazy to me.

To your first point DXB is well located for connecting traffic, once it had the airport and airline EK was able to grow exceptionally quickly.

When the A380 goes away they will have to rely on smaller aircraft and more runway and gate capacity at airports.

EK business model couldn’t be sustained by many but with so many A380s connecting to so many A380s to so many destinations that is how they fill them up, most of those routes would have started with 77W at 1 daily then added a second daily then an A380 etc. there are bilateral restrictions meaning they can’t keep adding more cities in some countries. It wouldn’t work for many.

Fuling

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 am

There seems to be an image circling socials of A6-EVK in BNE with damage to a panel behind the left wing. It flew in last night (01 July) as EK430 on schedule, with tonight's (02 July) scheduled to depart a few hours late. Anyone with news on this?

Fuling

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:29 pm

Fuling wrote:
There seems to be an image circling socials of A6-EVK in BNE with damage to a panel behind the left wing. It flew in last night (01 July) as EK430 on schedule, with tonight's (02 July) scheduled to depart a few hours late. Anyone with news on this?

Never mind, I found the answer. It has been mentioned in the Australian Aviation Thread:

qf789 wrote:
Emirates A380 that arrived into BNE yesterday has sustained damaged to the fuselage from a tire, apparently it happened on departure from DXB

https://twitter.com/aviationbrk/status/ ... 9SoXkKmUFw

xwb777
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:42 pm

Starting from 01SEP22, Emirates will be adding a second daily flight to Dublin.

UAEflyer

Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:27 am

how does EK schedule look from now until Sept 11 to LHR , they agreed to LHR terms to reduce passengers to/from DXB.

mickster

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:17 pm

EK's website still shows 6 daily A380 to LHR continuously throughout July / August / September (+ 2 daily A380 to LGW) - not sure whether they intend to restrict the number of tickets sold per flight?

PeterLanky

Emirates Manchester morning flight

Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:38 am

Emirates was due to reintroduce it's morning flight from MAN-DXB in mid July but it is no longer on the schedule. Anyone know what the reason is?

sixfootscream

Re: Emirates Manchester morning flight

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:51 pm

I can only speculate. Probably demand. EK seems to be changed things a lot in Europe. For example. FRA went three times daily but only on 777. They dropped the A380 for now. I assume more changes will follow.

TC957

Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 pm

I think demand is there, more like MAN can't cope with a morning A380 departure given how stretched they are there already around that time of day.

royroy

Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:18 pm

nothing to do with lack of demand, 3rd flight returns in october when more crew are available.

910A

Re: Emirates coming to SJC?

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:02 am

Very interesting..actually it wouldn't surprise me.

sfojvjets

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:31 am

Would be cool and not unexpected if it happens. BA times their flights for Indian connections. I do have my doubts though. Here are EK job listings for Cleveland, Port St. Lucie, and Spokane. So this job listing might not have any merit towards SJC itself... I do not think you'll see EK at any of those airports soon so the celebrating for SJC might be a bit premature.

https://www.google.com/search?q=emirate ... tivrt=jobs

If EK 77W (SJC can't handle 380s) service actually happens, I would be pleasantly surprised... but not too surprised. If I remember correctly, what I've heard is that when they had planned on adding a second daily 777 frequency to SFO a while back in addition to the daily A380, they were denied by the airport on the grounds that there wasn't enough space, since they wanted the frequency during primetime/rush hour. They threatened to add service at San Jose instead, but nothing ended up happening–neither the San Jose service nor the second daily SFO flight. Either that's now changing (unlikely) or the job listing is not for SJC itself (more likely).

Adding doubt to this for me is that as I scroll by these EK job listings, I see a Delta job listing for a flight attendant in Palo Alto. DL is never going to fly out of PAO, the airport's sole runway is 2400 ft. Makes me even more sure that these job listings don't even matter for the actual airport, or even region, that EK flies to, since DL seems to do these kinds of listings as well. I would love to be proven wrong with regards to SJC, especially since it's an ad for ground ops and not an FA. But the other stuff makes me pretty doubtful.

dcajet

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:37 am

I see quite a few ads for F/A positions with EK as well. They may be conducting interviews across the country but not necessarily for those cities. I know F/A positions are DXB based, could it be that the ground positions are for DXB as well?

wedgetail737

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:12 am

With some of these overseas airlines adding service, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. SJC would definitely be the smallest city/airport in the US for EK...if it really happens. But who would have thought that TN would start SEA or Zipair start SJC...as examples.

BTV290

Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:52 am

I wonder if it's for their wholly owned ground handling company Dnata... I could be that they've gotten contracts at those airports, and they funnel their hiring through the EK mechanism?

Chasensfo

Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:13 am

They wanted a redeye 77W 2nd flight for a long time but it didn't fit anywhere, wouldn't surprise me at all, especially once 787s are on property. Basically, everyone south of Palo Alto on the Peninsula and South of Fremont in the East Bay are closer to SJC than SFO/OAK, and that is a LOT of Indian people.

jplatts

Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:53 am

SJC had nonstop service to TYO on NH prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there was a high-tech presence in both Silicon Valley and Greater Tokyo to support SJC-TYO nonstop service on NH prior to the pandemic.

SJC also currently has BA nonstop service to LHR, but there are some other non-AA hub airports in the U.S. that do have BA nonstop service to LHR such as ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, DEN, IAH, LAS, MSY, EWR, MCO, PDX, RDU, SAN, SFO, SEA, and IAD.

Cubsrule

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 pm

dcajet wrote:
I see quite a few ads for F/A positions with EK as well. They may be conducting interviews across the country but not necessarily for those cities. I know F/A positions are DXB based, could it be that the ground positions are for DXB as well?

Since the pandemic, there seem to be quite a few companies across all industries advertising jobs in cities far from the actual location of the job. In Nashville, I routinely receive ads for law jobs that are “in Nashville” but require licensure and physical presence in California, Florida, or New York. It’s got to be annoying for job hunters.

BA744PHX

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:35 pm

This position is also posted to Phoenix, Tucson & Denver

This is just a general recruiting attempt, in my opinion

BA744PHX

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:06 pm

In addition job postings also include Austin, Tampa & Minneapolis, I’m going to say this isn’t news, just Google, Emirates jobs xxx city and you will find job postings in major cities served and unserved

Ammad

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:09 pm

Instead of going double daily to SFO, it makes more sense for EK to look for daily service to SJC using B777.

Summer fare to and from sfo are craziest at this point of time.

TK did add extra SFO flights along with regular daily service, not sure extra frequency is daily or is permanent?

VTORD

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:25 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
Would be cool and not unexpected if it happens. BA times their flights for Indian connections. I do have my doubts though. Here are EK job listings for Cleveland, Port St. Lucie, and Spokane. So this job listing might not have any merit towards SJC itself... I do not think you'll see EK at any of those airports soon so the celebrating for SJC might be a bit premature.

If EK 77W (SJC can't handle 380s) service actually happens, I would be pleasantly surprised... but not too surprised. If I remember correctly, what I've heard is that when they had planned on adding a second daily 777 frequency to SFO a while back in addition to the daily A380, they were denied by the airport on the grounds that there wasn't enough space, since they wanted the frequency during primetime/rush hour. They threatened to add service at San Jose instead, but nothing ended up happening–neither the San Jose service nor the second daily SFO flight. Either that's now changing (unlikely) or the job listing is not for SJC itself (more likely).

Adding doubt to this for me is that as I scroll by these EK job listings, I see a Delta job listing for a flight attendant in Palo Alto. DL is never going to fly out of PAO, the airport's sole runway is 2400 ft. Makes me even more sure that these job listings don't even matter for the actual airport, or even region, that EK flies to, since DL seems to do these kinds of listings as well. I would love to be proven wrong with regards to SJC, especially since it's an ad for ground ops and not an FA. But the other stuff makes me pretty doubtful.

With a 8:00PM departure out of SJC, I would be very surprised if BA is convenient for a India connection. They would probably make the later DEL/BOM flight with a really long layover.

airboss787

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:49 pm

VTORD wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:

With a 8:00PM departure out of SJC, I would be very surprised if BA is convenient for a India connection. They would probably make the later DEL/BOM flight with a really long layover.

You are right. Among all the BA flights to India, the arrival into LHR only connect with one flight to DEL, which is also a very long layover. BOM, HYD, MAA, BLR none have any chance of a connection. So they are definitely not serving SJC for US-India pax.

For India-US pax, the LHR-SJC flight kinda connects from BLR, HYD. So I guess, there could be some people connecting on those. I wonder how EK (if they do enter the market) will shake things up, since they will definitely provide great timings for connections from more cities in India.

FLYFIRSTCLASS

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:52 pm

According to the link they also are looking for FA's in Reno. EK will never serve Reno, airport cannot handle it.

stl07

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:30 pm

Apparently they are coming to spirit of St. Louis airport too. I hope the Arabs like golfing!

BoeingGuy

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:19 pm

FLYFIRSTCLASS wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=emirates+hiring&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&dlnr=1&sei=NwvaYt7eGsnUkPIP1_a-6AY&ibp=htl;jobs&rciv=jb#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=_j7KecUnRp8AAAAAAAAAAA%3D%3D&htivrt=jobs

According to the link they also are looking for FA's in Reno. EK will never serve Reno, airport cannot handle it.

An airline was going to fly A330s from LGW to RNO a few years ago. It never started, but RNO can handle widebodies.

Having said that SJC is a good route for smaller 787s rather than 77Ws if EK were to start it.

emre787

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:25 pm

Ammad wrote:
TK did add extra SFO flights along with regular daily service, not sure extra frequency is daily or is permanent?

The extra frequency is daily for the summer season. It get's back to 3 weekly in the winter (= 10 weekly overall)

Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:55 pm

SFO seems to be quite congested. Airlines are still increasing SFO service over the years, so the slots must be coming from somewhere I guess. Strange to see EK denied further slots but yet other airlines getting them.

SJC is near San Francisco and other areas with a large Indian demand, so I am it will work. As an alternative to SFO I'm sure it will work.

United is suspending SFO-DEL/BLR due to the lack of russian airspace, so EK will have a good chance at serving the Indian market from the Bay Area that has one less nonstop option gone by adding DXB-SJC if it does happen.

magtje

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:01 pm

blooc350 wrote:

They are all no gone from the carrier listing on their site. The only available jobs now are at their already served airports in New York, DC, Dallas and Seattle.

Since I did not see what you referred to, I can not comment on that you saw, but EK had a least pre Covid, roadshows/ job fairs around the world there they marketing the company and held audition for available jobs.
Here in Norway they held several of these job fairs many, many years before they actually started service to Oslo, Norway.
So imo I could just be something like this. EK is probably the most multi nation airlines then it comes to crew and staffing.

xwb777
Topic Author

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:03 am

Emirates is adding a second daily flight (morning departure) to Tel Aviv starting from 30OCT22.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... py9lwWv5-A

sixfootscream

Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:07 am

xwb777 wrote:
Emirates is adding a second daily flight (morning departure) to Tel Aviv starting from 30OCT22.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... py9lwWv5-A

I am not surprised. I knew EK service to TLV would be success.

Avgeek21

Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:15 am

On top of 4 daily flydubai departures with MAX 8 & 9 that is one busy route!

How does that work with the 28 weekly slots on that route? flydubai is not decreasing their 4 daily departures so what gives in…?

Malayil

Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:50 pm

Anyone have any idea whether EDI will be restarted? Would love to see BRS and BFS added one day.

UAEflyer

Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:47 am

Avgeek21 wrote:

How does that work with the 28 weekly slots on that route? flydubai is not decreasing their 4 daily departures so what gives in…?

El Al will cry one day, because of EK like others did , US3, Europeans , Asians and others

Avgeek21

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 am

Malayil wrote:
Anyone have any idea whether EDI will be restarted? Would love to see BRS and BFS added one day.

Could BRS not be started with a flydubai MAX 8? Perhaps as a triangle with LTN. See what the demand is and work from there.

SueD

Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 am

Avgeek21 wrote:

Significantly more than 28 pairs of slots to/from the UAE NOW with Etihad, Arkia, Israir , Sun d’or, El-Al , Fly Dubai and Emirates!

Plus Gulf Air from/to Bahrain as well

SueD

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:10 am

Avgeek21 wrote:
Malayil wrote:

Could BRS not be started with a flydubai MAX 8? Perhaps as a triangle with LTN. See what the demand is and work from there.

Why would they fly a triangle an indeed why would EK or FZ consider LTN at all ?

Just about the only FZ service in to Europe and significantly north of the Med tourist traps and a few migrant heavy ( Eastern European construction labour in the main) is Helsinki.

I just don’t see the FZ brand working or indeed being necessary into the UK in particular.

As for EK the next round of tertiary route developments can not happen until the 787-9 is on the estate

Avgeek21

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:00 am

SueD wrote:
Avgeek21 wrote:
Malayil wrote:

Why would they fly a triangle an indeed why would EK or FZ consider LTN at all ?

Just about the only FZ service in to Europe and significantly north of the Med tourist traps and a few migrant heavy ( Eastern European construction labour in the main) is Helsinki.

I just don’t see the FZ brand working or indeed being necessary into the UK in particular.

As for EK the next round of tertiary route developments can not happen until the 787-9 is on the estate

I wouldn’t class Krakow, Warsaw, Prague, Budapest and Salzburg as migrant heavy routes. Helsinki has been temporarily suspended due to the Russia/Ukraine crisis.

London is one of EK’s biggest market. The MAX 8 has the range and hard product. I would not be surprised if they target some thin QR routes like Cardiff or Chiang Mai in a codeshare pact until EK gets the right size aircraft. It’s a combination of expanding into untapped routes and preventing the competition from running away with markets. Or an attempt at such. Lot’s of capacity coming in and it’s got to go somewhere.

HUYfan

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:16 am

SueD wrote:
Avgeek21 wrote:
Malayil wrote:

Absolutely. Bristol will get EK service when the 787-9s arrive. I’d bet money on it.

Kind Regards

M

FrenchPotatoEye

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:24 am

HUYfan wrote:
SueD wrote:
Avgeek21 wrote:

Absolutely. Bristol will get EK service when the 787-9s arrive. I’d bet money on it.

Kind Regards

M

Doubt it

Leeds Bradford is better for indo pak diaspora and fits 789 profile. Maybe even a359 too.

Bristol, not so much.

SueD

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:30 am

Avgeek21 wrote:
SueD wrote:
Avgeek21 wrote:

I wouldn’t class Krakow, Warsaw, Prague, Budapest and Salzburg as migrant heavy routes. Helsinki has been temporarily suspended due to the Russia/Ukraine crisis.

London is one of EK’s biggest market. The MAX 8 has the range and hard product. I would not be surprised if they target some thin QR routes like Cardiff or Chiang Mai in a codeshare pact until EK gets the right size aircraft. It’s a combination of expanding into untapped routes and preventing the competition from running away with markets. Or an attempt at such. Lot’s of capacity coming in and it’s got to go somewhere.

You are wrong on that Those are certainly migrant routes Polish builders whilst Salzburg, Prague and to a lesser extent Budapest tourist routes inbound . Why do you think Wizz are operating into Abu Dhabi ( Migrant labour and cheap ticket tourists !)

Think you probably need to address a Daily Fail opinion on migrant labour just tad . They aren’t all brown and aren’t all headed TO Europe ;)

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:11 pm

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
HUYfan wrote:
SueD wrote:

Kind Regards

M

Doubt it

Leeds Bradford is better for indo pak diaspora and fits 789 profile. Maybe even a359 too.

Bristol, not so much.

There are still Asians in the BRS catchment area. But I would think the primary drivers would be Brits going to Oz and NZ as well the backpackers going to South-East Asia.

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:11 pm

HUYfan wrote:
SueD wrote:
Avgeek21 wrote:

Kind Regards

M

Sorry if this is an obvious question but when will EK receive the 787-9s?

FrenchPotatoEye

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:43 pm

Malayil wrote:
FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
HUYfan wrote:

Kind Regards

M

Doubt it

Bristol, not so much.

There are still Asians in the BRS catchment area. But I would think the primary drivers would be Brits going to Oz and NZ as well the backpackers going to South-East Asia.

Those folk will M4 to lgw or lhr.

More volume yield in Leeds Brad then in Bristol

Also, ek 789s are due mid 2024 as of currently plannings

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:47 pm

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
Malayil wrote:
FrenchPotatoEye wrote:

Doubt it

Bristol, not so much.

Those folk will M4 to lgw or lhr.

More volume yield in Leeds Brad then in Bristol

Also, ek 789s are due mid 2024 as of currently plannings

Taking the M4 is a pain, especially if you have the option of one stop if EK were to start the route from BRS. I guess no one has any insight into when EDI will restart? I do agree LBA would be a good shout at some point, maybe even EMA and BFS as well.

FrenchPotatoEye

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Why it a pain? Ek can't server every point

Sames with Cardiff, despite qr there. People m4 it to Londons

Edi will not resume till GLasgow goes doubled dailys again.

That cilould be a while away yet

SueD

Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:28 pm

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
Why it a pain? Ek can't server every point

Sames with Cardiff, despite qr there. People m4 it to Londons

Edi will not resume till GLasgow goes doubled dailys again.

That cilould be a while away yet

Emirates has applied to the ACL for winter 2022 slots at Edinburgh ;)

PeterLanky

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:16 pm

royroy wrote:
nothing to do with lack of demand, 3rd flight returns in October when more crew are available.

Ah yes. I can see now that 3 flights a day resumes on 1st October, but only with a B777 at the moment.

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:50 pm

EK are definitely ramping up recruitment for crew. Not sure if they can still recruit in Russia and Ukraine which used to be a hotbed for cabin crew recruitment.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos