Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:52 pm

stretch8 wrote:
N390CM B763 BDSF sched MCN-CVG today after new paint. cheers!


Any post-paint photos would be appreciated!!
 
stretch8
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:55 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 pm

CAM B763 BDSF N390CM in DHL colors at CVG, parking remote 3. cheers!
 
HPRamper
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:23 pm

Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
Bedek is barely getting 767s out the door and has their plate full with the suddenly quiet 777SF program.


To put some color on that, the pre-Covid norm for IAI to turn around a 767 conversion at TLV for ATSG, perhaps Bedek's largest and longest exclusive customer, was 6 months.

Recent experience is that N390CM, which was completed in mid-May, was at TLV for about 9 months.

N391CM, which looks like it's going to be done soon, will have been at TLV about 11 months.

These two ships arrived at TLV about 1.5 months apart, and they're gonna end up completed about 2-3 weeks apart, so perhaps that suggests things are starting to pick up at TLV.

If N203CM, likely the next ship to be completed for CAM, is done anytime soon, that will have been there about 7 months. An improvement. But we'll see.

Meanwhile, at MEX...well, forget it. N1612T has been there 16 months. N1608 has been there 6 months.

MexicanaMRO has been doing MRO work for Atlas on its passenger and freighter 767s recently, so it isn't that facility's capabilities at the moment that's the issue; it's likely related to supply chain on parts in the IAI Kit, and/or parts needed on the heavy-check these aircraft get before conversion.


Well explained. The lack of output down at MEX caught my eye and I was wondering if spinning up ADD, ICN and AUH a at the same time was spreading them way too thin.

But in todays world, we were seeing Boeing have to delay new 777F deliveries last year because they couldn’t get fire extinguishers for new builds. One issue clears and one or two new ones pop up. I know sourcing materials at work hasn’t gotten ANY a easier since 2020 with massive delays on who knows what. Things that used to be here in a week now can take 6 or more months. Seeing this drip into cargo conversions is seriously not shocking, and might even give a little insight to our long languishing 744F revivals.


As an aside, FX eventually just put them into service anyway. I was on board one recently....I was thinking, something looks strange about this one. Ah yes, no FSS installed. Just goes to show - are they really needed? Do other cargo airlines use them? FX doesn't have any on their brand new 767s, none on the A300, none on the 757.
 
stretch8
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:55 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:10 am

btw: about N390CM in DHL colors - "390" on nose gear doors. Future DHK or DHX maybe?
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:59 am

stretch8 wrote:
btw: about N390CM in DHL colors - "390" on nose gear doors. Future DHK or DHX maybe?


Huh. That actually suggests maybe it's not going somewhere where they use mostly letters in their Reg #s. Over to ABX maybe?
 
jetcentric787
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:24 am

Has something changed over at Atlas? All of their airborne, Ex-Southern 77Fs are now using the Polar callsign, today seems to be the first day under the PAC code, up until yesterday it was all GTI. For instance GTI098 landed yesterday just before midnight in HKG and departed 2 hours later to ICN as PAC097. Could it be an overflight/slot thing?

One exception is N704GT which has been flying the HKG-ICN-LAX-GRU-SCL-LAX-ICN-HKG run for months if not at least a year as GTI8027-8030.
Speaking of which, does anyone know who that run is for? I doubt it’s DHL as it’s a dedicated route running their only albino 777 on a constant loop.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:47 am

aristoenigma wrote:
catdaddy63 wrote:
Kalitta has purchased the former VH-OEJ ex QF "Wunala Dreaming" now registered N329ZA. Stored at MZJ, withdrawn from use 3/20 and it's an ER bird just under 19 years old. Any chance this will be converted or just a parts donor?


I bet it is for parts. A few years ago the two 744s barely used by Japan as their Air Force Ones were bargain sold to Cargojet for their eight low time engines for their 767 fleet,. I also see that Kalitta is all 747F and no converted Queens. I think any 744s that are lower time and still stored won't ever be converted.


Today, Kalitta 747-400ER N329ZA (ex Qantas VH-OEJ) ferried MHV-OSC as K4329 for scrap.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n329za
Link to Images: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRdZB8v6oN/
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm

VCVSpotter wrote:
aristoenigma wrote:
catdaddy63 wrote:
Kalitta has purchased the former VH-OEJ ex QF "Wunala Dreaming" now registered N329ZA. Stored at MZJ, withdrawn from use 3/20 and it's an ER bird just under 19 years old. Any chance this will be converted or just a parts donor?


I bet it is for parts. A few years ago the two 744s barely used by Japan as their Air Force Ones were bargain sold to Cargojet for their eight low time engines for their 767 fleet,. I also see that Kalitta is all 747F and no converted Queens. I think any 744s that are lower time and still stored won't ever be converted.


Today, Kalitta 747-400ER N329ZA (ex Qantas VH-OEJ) ferried MHV-OSC as K4329 for scrap.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n329za
Link to Images: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRdZB8v6oN/


How do we know it's being scrapped at OSC? Pretty-cool it's flyable.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:01 pm

wjcandee wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:
aristoenigma wrote:

I bet it is for parts. A few years ago the two 744s barely used by Japan as their Air Force Ones were bargain sold to Cargojet for their eight low time engines for their 767 fleet,. I also see that Kalitta is all 747F and no converted Queens. I think any 744s that are lower time and still stored won't ever be converted.


Today, Kalitta 747-400ER N329ZA (ex Qantas VH-OEJ) ferried MHV-OSC as K4329 for scrap.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n329za
Link to Images: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRdZB8v6oN/


How do we know it's being scrapped at OSC? Pretty-cool it's flyable.


Inside Kalitta source who worked on reactivation and knows guys in Oscoda. Furthermore, every pax 744 that Kalitta has flown to OSC recently (Korean 744s) have been for scrap so it also makes sense from that perspective.
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:41 pm

VCVSpotter wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:

Today, Kalitta 747-400ER N329ZA (ex Qantas VH-OEJ) ferried MHV-OSC as K4329 for scrap.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n329za
Link to Images: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRdZB8v6oN/


How do we know it's being scrapped at OSC? Pretty-cool it's flyable.


Inside Kalitta source who worked on reactivation and knows guys in Oscoda. Furthermore, every pax 744 that Kalitta has flown to OSC recently (Korean 744s) have been for scrap so it also makes sense from that perspective.


Fair enough. Thanks. Interesting that it's cheaper to reactivate the aircraft, get a ferry permit, and fly it to OSC than it is to scrap it in situ and just truck the parts you want to OSC.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5849
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:46 pm

wjcandee wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

How do we know it's being scrapped at OSC? Pretty-cool it's flyable.


Inside Kalitta source who worked on reactivation and knows guys in Oscoda. Furthermore, every pax 744 that Kalitta has flown to OSC recently (Korean 744s) have been for scrap so it also makes sense from that perspective.


Fair enough. Thanks. Interesting that it's cheaper to reactivate the aircraft, get a ferry permit, and fly it to OSC than it is to scrap it in situ and just truck the parts you want to OSC.


Sounds like someone hasn't tried to book a few semis recently. Ground transport is about as bad as it's ever been. It might be faster, enable Kalitta to use it as a parts tree for whenever needs to be plucked, and is probably WAY faster in getting to OSC.
 
stretch8
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:55 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:03 pm

N391CM CAM B763 BDSF left TLV to SNN today, overniting at SNN. cheers!
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:16 pm

Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:

Inside Kalitta source who worked on reactivation and knows guys in Oscoda. Furthermore, every pax 744 that Kalitta has flown to OSC recently (Korean 744s) have been for scrap so it also makes sense from that perspective.


Fair enough. Thanks. Interesting that it's cheaper to reactivate the aircraft, get a ferry permit, and fly it to OSC than it is to scrap it in situ and just truck the parts you want to OSC.


Sounds like someone hasn't tried to book a few semis recently. Ground transport is about as bad as it's ever been. It might be faster, enable Kalitta to use it as a parts tree for whenever needs to be plucked, and is probably WAY faster in getting to OSC.


I was thinking that it takes at least a few weeks to reactivate and get the ferry permit...
 
jreeves96
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:01 pm

jetcentric787 wrote:
Has something changed over at Atlas? All of their airborne, Ex-Southern 77Fs are now using the Polar callsign, today seems to be the first day under the PAC code, up until yesterday it was all GTI. For instance GTI098 landed yesterday just before midnight in HKG and departed 2 hours later to ICN as PAC097. Could it be an overflight/slot thing?

One exception is N704GT which has been flying the HKG-ICN-LAX-GRU-SCL-LAX-ICN-HKG run for months if not at least a year as GTI8027-8030.
Speaking of which, does anyone know who that run is for? I doubt it’s DHL as it’s a dedicated route running their only albino 777 on a constant loop.


Believe it's a Chinese authorization issue. Polar call signs get more leeway with Chinese curfews, landing permits, and overfly permits.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Fair enough. Thanks. Interesting that it's cheaper to reactivate the aircraft, get a ferry permit, and fly it to OSC than it is to scrap it in situ and just truck the parts you want to OSC.


Sounds like someone hasn't tried to book a few semis recently. Ground transport is about as bad as it's ever been. It might be faster, enable Kalitta to use it as a parts tree for whenever needs to be plucked, and is probably WAY faster in getting to OSC.


I was thinking that it takes at least a few weeks to reactivate and get the ferry permit...


There is a good documentary about Khalitta on YouTube. They have many 747’s lined up in various stages of scrapping
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:18 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Fair enough. Thanks. Interesting that it's cheaper to reactivate the aircraft, get a ferry permit, and fly it to OSC than it is to scrap it in situ and just truck the parts you want to OSC.


Sounds like someone hasn't tried to book a few semis recently. Ground transport is about as bad as it's ever been. It might be faster, enable Kalitta to use it as a parts tree for whenever needs to be plucked, and is probably WAY faster in getting to OSC.


I was thinking that it takes at least a few weeks to reactivate and get the ferry permit...


Took about two months between when I heard they were gonna ferry her out to the exit date.
 
jetcentric787
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:55 pm

jreeves96 wrote:
jetcentric787 wrote:
Has something changed over at Atlas? All of their airborne, Ex-Southern 77Fs are now using the Polar callsign, today seems to be the first day under the PAC code, up until yesterday it was all GTI. For instance GTI098 landed yesterday just before midnight in HKG and departed 2 hours later to ICN as PAC097. Could it be an overflight/slot thing?

One exception is N704GT which has been flying the HKG-ICN-LAX-GRU-SCL-LAX-ICN-HKG run for months if not at least a year as GTI8027-8030.
Speaking of which, does anyone know who that run is for? I doubt it’s DHL as it’s a dedicated route running their only albino 777 on a constant loop.


Believe it's a Chinese authorization issue. Polar call signs get more leeway with Chinese curfews, landing permits, and overfly permits.


Ah that’s what I had suspected, but even domestic legs, and non-china routings are using Polar. Did Atlas shift of all the 777s over under the Polar umbrella?
 
jreeves96
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:10 am

jetcentric787 wrote:
jreeves96 wrote:
jetcentric787 wrote:
Has something changed over at Atlas? All of their airborne, Ex-Southern 77Fs are now using the Polar callsign, today seems to be the first day under the PAC code, up until yesterday it was all GTI. For instance GTI098 landed yesterday just before midnight in HKG and departed 2 hours later to ICN as PAC097. Could it be an overflight/slot thing?

One exception is N704GT which has been flying the HKG-ICN-LAX-GRU-SCL-LAX-ICN-HKG run for months if not at least a year as GTI8027-8030.
Speaking of which, does anyone know who that run is for? I doubt it’s DHL as it’s a dedicated route running their only albino 777 on a constant loop.


Believe it's a Chinese authorization issue. Polar call signs get more leeway with Chinese curfews, landing permits, and overfly permits.


Ah that’s what I had suspected, but even domestic legs, and non-china routings are using Polar. Did Atlas shift of all the 777s over under the Polar umbrella?


I'll have to check when I go back into the office tomorrow night, but they could have been waiting on certifications that would allow them to operate as Polar. The Express desk was already handling the 777s and I believe Polar reps work Polar call sign aircraft at other stations. I would say it's similar to a GTI call sign vs a CMB call sign. CMB gets a little bit more freedom. May come down to paperwork records, how they charge DHL, and who works what at each Station. I do believe LAX, JFK, MIA and ANC all have Atlas reps but also Polar reps.

Edit, seems like everything changed from GTI to PAC on 1 June, so I would say they were waiting for approval and got all the 777s on the Atlas ticket officially.
 
MO11
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 am

I show the eight DHL-leased airplanes were (CMI) transferred to Polar on June 1.
 
bigb
Posts: 1757
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:34 am

The 777 move to Polar was always the plan once the merger was completed and the Polar 744Fs return to the Atlas certificates. I predicted this awhile back. I flew a couple of former Polar 74s under the Atlas certificates and they are painted in the Atlas colors too. This was a month or two ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
jetcentric787
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:52 am

bigb wrote:
The 777 move to Polar was always the plan once the merger was completed and the Polar 744Fs return to the Atlas certificates. I predicted this awhile back. I flew a couple of former Polar 74s under the Atlas certificates and they are painted in the Atlas colors too. This was a month or two ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are the 748’s and 763’s staying under the polar cert? Or will PAC transition to an all 777 fleet?
 
User avatar
Boeing757100
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:22 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Spacepope wrote:

Sounds like someone hasn't tried to book a few semis recently. Ground transport is about as bad as it's ever been. It might be faster, enable Kalitta to use it as a parts tree for whenever needs to be plucked, and is probably WAY faster in getting to OSC.


I was thinking that it takes at least a few weeks to reactivate and get the ferry permit...


There is a good documentary about Khalitta on YouTube. They have many 747’s lined up in various stages of scrapping

Do you have the link for this documentary?
 
bigb
Posts: 1757
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 pm

jetcentric787 wrote:
bigb wrote:
The 777 move to Polar was always the plan once the merger was completed and the Polar 744Fs return to the Atlas certificates. I predicted this awhile back. I flew a couple of former Polar 74s under the Atlas certificates and they are painted in the Atlas colors too. This was a month or two ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are the 748’s and 763’s staying under the polar cert? Or will PAC transition to an all 777 fleet?


Yes to both. DHL loves the volume of the 748. The amount of volume that the 744 lifts isn’t worth the lack of fuel efficiency vs the 777F.
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:34 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
DL757NYC wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

I was thinking that it takes at least a few weeks to reactivate and get the ferry permit...


There is a good documentary about Khalitta on YouTube. They have many 747’s lined up in various stages of scrapping

Do you have the link for this documentary?



https://youtu.be/Wqdw6_zJJJI
 
User avatar
Boeing757100
Posts: 1102
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:52 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:
DL757NYC wrote:

There is a good documentary about Khalitta on YouTube. They have many 747’s lined up in various stages of scrapping

Do you have the link for this documentary?



https://youtu.be/Wqdw6_zJJJI

Thanks. Will watch when I get time! :)
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:54 am

N860GT , the first delivered Atlas Air 747-8F in 2022 (3 more on order), will be operated by Atlas Air on behalf of its customer Cainiao, the logistics arm of Alibaba Group, as part of a previously announced long-term agreement. The aircraft will increase capacity on routes between China and the Americas. The addition of this 747-8F expands service for Cainiao between China, the United States, Brazil and Chile

See : https://www.atlasairworldwide.com/2022/ ... reighters/

Recent schedule after delivery from PAE at June 02th 2022 : PAE-ICN-HKG-ANC-MIA-GRU , see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N860GT
 
stretch8
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:55 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:10 pm

N391CM CAM B763 BDSF sched CVG-ROW 2day for paint. Guessing DHL colors. cheers!
 
gdavis003
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:10 am

HL8355, formerly EI-GWX, Is en route from SEA to ANC en route to ICN on delivery for Air Incheon Cargo. DHN-SEA-ANC-ICN, first westbound delivery out of DHN in a while. Sister ship EI-GWP, which is going to Compass Air Cargo, was scheduled for a test flight today by Nomadic, but that was cancelled. That should be the next to leave.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:57 am

F-HRMB, the first 777F for CMA-CGM Air Cargo, delivered at June 01th from Paine Field (PAE) to Paris (CDG) was used for training flights CDG-Toulouse(TLS)-Lyon (LYS)-TLS-CDG at June 04th. 2022, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FHMRB
Also today (June 5th) more training flights are scheduled

F-HRMB. TLS, June 04th 2022
Image

Original uploaded by Eurospot (@cliper31) at twitter, see : https://mobile.twitter.com/cliper31/sta ... 9186999297

Aircraft data : L/N 1711 C/N 67460 B777F F-HMRB (N20092) CMA-CGM (WF371)
 
DLNZ
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:00 am

Quick update on Aerostan as both machines were together at CGK last week before ship ‘01 departed from two months of MX. As of last night she had positioned to MFM and is now back in the air heading west on what looks like a regular run to KHI, the gulf and beyond.
‘02 now rests in MX, great to see these classics working hard and being looked after properly.
 
DLNZ
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:10 am

Worth noting here that Mexico’s MasAir have launched operations to Mainland China, using their newly acquired A332P2F machines. EI-MAA operated the first last week to CGO via ANC and ICN. Great to see them expanding, I really like the opportunities the A330 conversion programme (both 200 and 300) affords operators who can’t lay their hands on enough 763s or need a bit more range, payload or combination of both. What says the group?
 
N27UADIESEL8
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:16 pm

stretch8 wrote:
N391CM CAM B763 BDSF sched CVG-ROW 2day for paint. Guessing DHL colors. cheers!


N390CM and N391CM I was told will operate for DHL covering DHL Aero Expreso. Both will be DHL branded.

Also one of the 3 DC-8's based in MIA is operating for DAE as well.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:27 am

gdavis003 wrote:
HL8355, formerly EI-GWX, Is en route from SEA to ANC en route to ICN on delivery for Air Incheon Cargo. DHN-SEA-ANC-ICN, first westbound delivery out of DHN in a while. Sister ship EI-GWP, which is going to Compass Air Cargo, was scheduled for a test flight today by Nomadic, but that was cancelled. That should be the next to leave.


And N834US left DHN today after diverting to DHN on a GSP-LRD run last week. They weren’t necessarily close to DHN when they diverted, so I presume that it was not an immediate emergency but one that they knew the folks at DHN could handle since they weren’t terribly far.

I’m guessing N831US is indeed their for paint, as eightcone noted, as it’s been over a week, and it’s still in the old livery
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5849
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:42 am

N27UADIESEL8 wrote:
stretch8 wrote:
N391CM CAM B763 BDSF sched CVG-ROW 2day for paint. Guessing DHL colors. cheers!


N390CM and N391CM I was told will operate for DHL covering DHL Aero Expreso. Both will be DHL branded.

Also one of the 3 DC-8's based in MIA is operating for DAE as well.


Any connection on the DC-8 duty to the recent 757 mishap?
 
Flying-Tiger
Posts: 4212
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 1999 5:35 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:02 am

Cargofacts reports that Altavair has secured a lessee for 10 A330-300P2F (plus another Eueropean one for two frames) - anyone having an idea who this could be?
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11540
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:56 am

Spacepope wrote:
Any connection on the DC-8 duty to the recent 757 mishap?


Maybe I'm missing something, but what 757 mishap?
 
TUGMASTER
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:28 am

The DHL one in San Jose..?? Or where ever it was,,, hydraulic failure on landing, went off piste and broke its back.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5849
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:13 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
Any connection on the DC-8 duty to the recent 757 mishap?


Maybe I'm missing something, but what 757 mishap?

Yes indeed, the DHL 757 that went off-runway and broke up in Costa Rica. That capacity wasn't going to be left unfilled, and I was curious if one of these DC-8s was filling in for the young 757 whippersnapper.
 
User avatar
Pantonov22
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:32 pm

former Longtail VQ-BWT is now TF-AMJ flying for Air Atlanta Icelandic:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... dic/rml6oe

Which leaves 4 more in the fleet:
VQ-BWL
VQ-BWM
Both former KL combi 747's

VQ-BZV
former VS parked at HAM since jan '22

VP-BYK
former CX converted F, ferried to FLL and remained there until today, currently flying FLL-ORD, flight LGT254F
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... k#2c26b1a2
 
DLNZ
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:06 pm

Pantonov22 wrote:
former Longtail VQ-BWT is now TF-AMJ flying for Air Atlanta Icelandic:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... dic/rml6oe

Which leaves 4 more in the fleet:
VQ-BWL
VQ-BWM
Both former KL combi 747's

VQ-BZV
former VS parked at HAM since jan '22

VP-BYK
former CX converted F, ferried to FLL and remained there until today, currently flying FLL-ORD, flight LGT254F
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... k#2c26b1a2


Awesome, another one flies! And Rolls-powered to top it off. I've been confused by LGT's fleet coming and going of late, with both the former VQ-BWS & now BWT across at ABD. There's currently a 744 flying under a ABD callsign STN-CGK, and I wonder if it's the former Emirati combi machine TF-AMH, but I can't confirm. She appears to have sat at STN since JAN22.

There's something interesting going on with the AerotransCargo fleet also, with ER-BBB having now been registered as G-UNET for One Air according to Planespotters.
 
CX747
Posts: 6901
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 2:54 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 am

DLNZ wrote:
Quick update on Aerostan as both machines were together at CGK last week before ship ‘01 departed from two months of MX. As of last night she had positioned to MFM and is now back in the air heading west on what looks like a regular run to KHI, the gulf and beyond.
‘02 now rests in MX, great to see these classics working hard and being looked after properly.


It is indeed good to see the Classics being maintained well. I'd love to get an interview with the Aerostan guys. The GeoSky guys reported being on a certain clock of I believe 3 years and then no more engine maintenance availability. I wonder how Aerostan with PW engined machines sees the 2025 timeframe.

Any word on GeoSky's procurement of a 757-200???

The rough and tumble 747Fs of Aerotranscargo are sorting through the China issues. Some of the jets have continued to find work, while others, like the Blue Blooded, Upper Crust Society, Nose Loading ER-BBJ have been down for a while. Obviously, ER-BBJ chose Liege as the spot to rest and relax until management says otherwise.
 
patrickschoots
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:00 am

DLNZ wrote:
Pantonov22 wrote:
former Longtail VQ-BWT is now TF-AMJ flying for Air Atlanta Icelandic:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... dic/rml6oe

Which leaves 4 more in the fleet:
VQ-BWL
VQ-BWM
Both former KL combi 747's

VQ-BZV
former VS parked at HAM since jan '22

VP-BYK
former CX converted F, ferried to FLL and remained there until today, currently flying FLL-ORD, flight LGT254F
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... k#2c26b1a2


Awesome, another one flies! And Rolls-powered to top it off. I've been confused by LGT's fleet coming and going of late, with both the former VQ-BWS & now BWT across at ABD. There's currently a 744 flying under a ABD callsign STN-CGK, and I wonder if it's the former Emirati combi machine TF-AMH, but I can't confirm. She appears to have sat at STN since JAN22.

There's something interesting going on with the AerotransCargo fleet also, with ER-BBB having now been registered as G-UNET for One Air according to Planespotters.


The aircraft flying STN-CGK is TF-AMJ, former VQ-BWT for Longtail Aviation. It seems to still have JetOneX titles according to a picture I saw on Facebook of her departure. This aircraft was also stored since APR22 so it will be interesting to see what happens with her, although I suppose that this ferry flight to CGK indicates that she will receive some form of maintenance there.
 
DLNZ
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:09 am

patrickschoots wrote:
DLNZ wrote:
Pantonov22 wrote:
former Longtail VQ-BWT is now TF-AMJ flying for Air Atlanta Icelandic:

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... dic/rml6oe

Which leaves 4 more in the fleet:
VQ-BWL
VQ-BWM
Both former KL combi 747's

VQ-BZV
former VS parked at HAM since jan '22

VP-BYK
former CX converted F, ferried to FLL and remained there until today, currently flying FLL-ORD, flight LGT254F
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... k#2c26b1a2


Awesome, another one flies! And Rolls-powered to top it off. I've been confused by LGT's fleet coming and going of late, with both the former VQ-BWS & now BWT across at ABD. There's currently a 744 flying under a ABD callsign STN-CGK, and I wonder if it's the former Emirati combi machine TF-AMH, but I can't confirm. She appears to have sat at STN since JAN22.

There's something interesting going on with the AerotransCargo fleet also, with ER-BBB having now been registered as G-UNET for One Air according to Planespotters.


The aircraft flying STN-CGK is TF-AMJ, former VQ-BWT for Longtail Aviation. It seems to still have JetOneX titles according to a picture I saw on Facebook of her departure. This aircraft was also stored since APR22 so it will be interesting to see what happens with her, although I suppose that this ferry flight to CGK indicates that she will receive some form of maintenance there.


That’s great to know, thank you. Yes presumably a maintenance visit with the good folk at GMF Aero asia.
 
TriniA340
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:12 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:21 pm

There's a DC-8-72F currently en route to North America(?), coming all the way from Katowice Airport, Poland (KTW/EPKT).
Any thoughts as to its destination?
https://www.flightradar24.com/DC87/2c297681
 
Wolfman
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:41 pm

TriniA340 wrote:
There's a DC-8-72F currently en route to North America(?), coming all the way from Katowice Airport, Poland (KTW/EPKT).
Any thoughts as to its destination?
https://www.flightradar24.com/DC87/2c297681


That should be Samaritan‘s Purse DC-8. It flew from Poland to Toronto last week with Ukrainian refugees, so probably it’s going to Toronto again today.
 
LH982
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:13 am

747classic wrote:
F-HRMB, the first 777F for CMA-CGM Air Cargo, delivered at June 01th from Paine Field (PAE) to Paris (CDG) was used for training flights CDG-Toulouse(TLS)-Lyon (LYS)-TLS-CDG at June 04th. 2022, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FHMRB
Also today (June 5th) more training flights are scheduled

F-HRMB. TLS, June 04th 2022
Image

Original uploaded by Eurospot (@cliper31) at twitter, see : https://mobile.twitter.com/cliper31/sta ... 9186999297

Aircraft data : L/N 1711 C/N 67460 B777F F-HMRB (N20092) CMA-CGM (WF371)



2nd 77F F-HRMF delivered PAE-CDG this morning
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4995
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:01 am

DLNZ wrote:
Worth noting here that Mexico’s MasAir have launched operations to Mainland China, using their newly acquired A332P2F machines. EI-MAA operated the first last week to CGO via ANC and ICN. Great to see them expanding, I really like the opportunities the A330 conversion programme (both 200 and 300) affords operators who can’t lay their hands on enough 763s or need a bit more range, payload or combination of both. What says the group?


I'm super enthusiastic about the A330 P2F program. Very capable plane. Lots of not-particularly-old aircraft that could potentially be converted and subsequently have very long lives as freighters. Never knew anyone who flew an A330 not to love it to bits. :smile:

Speaking of A330P2Fs, I was randomly browsing Wikipedia and discovered a new airline which - according to it's wiki entry - apparently has one A330-200P2F on order. For delivery "before the end of this year" apparently. I cannot find any news-source/press-release to confirm this and the Wikipedia entry has no citation for this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FitsAir
 
jbs2886
Posts: 4219
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:45 pm

https://www.scramble.nl/civil-news/emir ... 777-300ers

Emirates to add 6 more 777-300ER conversions to its existing order for 4.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:45 am

747classic wrote:
Fedex MD11F, N649FE (Ex-D-ALCH Lufthansa Cargo) is still at LAX for HMV and fleet unity mods.
Ferried at December 30th 2021 VCV-LAX

According the FAA SDR website the aircraft has 86554 flt hrs and 16934 cycles and can still be counted as a MD11 spring chicken.
After filling in the registation "649FE" (without N) at the folowing link you can see the (structural, mostly corrosion and damage related) repairs that have been completed (last entry April 8th 2022)
See : https://av-info.faa.gov/sdrx/Query.aspx


N649FE, LAX, Jan 29th 2022

Image

Original uploaded by Bob Garrard at flickr, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/51880416835/


According the latest info, FedEx MD11F, N649FE, is scheduled to enter service at the start of August 2022. (Aug 8th)
When N649FE is near complete, N647FE will be the next to be moved out of the desert, probably scheduled to become active just before the peak season 2022.
 
JogiXFW
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 am

Flying-Tiger wrote:
Cargofacts reports that Altavair has secured a lessee for 10 A330-300P2F (plus another Eueropean one for two frames) - anyone having an idea who this could be?

All remaining CRK A330 at AIB will be deliverd to Altavair. So i think they´ll be stored somewhere until a conversion Slot is availble.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos