Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

747classic

Re: Air Cargo (non Amazon/DHL) Thread - 2022

Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:17 am

mark1484 wrote:
EP-SIH B747-2J9F Saha Airlines Iran has got a new livery. At 44 years old this must be one of the oldest jumbos flying commercially?

EP-SIH, THR, March 13th 2022

gdavis003

Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Aeronaves brought another CRJ-200 to DHN yesterday. N681BR arrived yesterday afternoon, and they brought back N388TM/N251AU to SLW this morning. I was expecting that it would sit there for a while given Transair’s status, but it sounds like it was quickly sold either upon conversion or during conversion to Aeronaves. I do wonder if they got a paint coat on it, or it still has the green door.

N683BR has been there for over four months now, so it should be nearing completion, at which point N681BR will take the CRJ conversion slot. I’m guessing they’ll bring another frame over for conversion when they pick up N683BR, probably within the next month or so.

MCOflyer

Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:43 pm

Any word on how air Wisconsin and any other US CRJ freight operators are doing?

wjcandee

Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:49 pm

WGN's 744 N356KD is done with heavy maint at TPE and looks to be doing a revenue run ex-HKG.

But the "newest" one, N452SN, is still broken in ANC, now for 10+ days.

Meanwhile, National's 919CA is on its way to Poland from Travis AFB, presumably with more sparklers.

eightcone

Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:15 am

gdavis003 wrote:
I do wonder if they got a paint coat on it, or it still has the green door.

N683BR has been there for over four months now, so it should be nearing completion, at which point N681BR will take the CRJ conversion slot. I’m guessing they’ll bring another frame over for conversion when they pick up N683BR, probably within the next month or so.

Zero chance it got paint. Every hanger spot is full and there is a MD11 in the paint booth. And I was there two days ago with it still green. Seems sort of like their MO to take it unpainted though.

Spacepope

Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:32 am

MCOflyer wrote:

A quick check makes it look like the Mesa freighter never entered service and is parked up at Tucson. What an odd decision.

MCOflyer

Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:21 am

Spacepope wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:

A quick check makes it look like the Mesa freighter never entered service and is parked up at Tucson. What an odd decision.

I agree 110% considering the auto parts industry is in dire need of these parts. I can't go more into detail, but I know that there is a shortage and therefore every plane load counts.

MO11

Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Spacepope wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:

Air Wisconsin. I show it was never handed over.

Elite was flying car parts, but the plane seems to be stranded in Ogden. Gulf & Carribean doing the FedEx and UPS TVF trips, plus car parts.

gdavis003

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:10 pm

MCOflyer wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:

I agree 110% considering the auto parts industry is in dire need of these parts. I can't go more into detail, but I know that there is a shortage and therefore every plane load counts.

That would seem to be the case. At BHM in the past, Aeronaves flights have fulfilled a short term, immediate need at Mercedes in Vance and sometimes at Honda in Lincoln. Now, there are multiple Aeronaves flights to BHM from PBC each week, and this has been a consistent occurrence for the last month or so. Transitioning from on-demand usage to weekly frequencies and becoming fully integrated into the supply chain process.

gdavis003

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:12 pm

eightcone wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
I do wonder if they got a paint coat on it, or it still has the green door.

Zero chance it got paint. Every hanger spot is full and there is a MD11 in the paint booth. And I was there two days ago with it still green. Seems sort of like their MO to take it unpainted though.

That's what I figured. I'm curious to see how long it takes them to paint the MD11 for WGN, not too often that they have a heavy to paint.

Spacepope

Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:08 pm

MO11 wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:

Air Wisconsin. I show it was never handed over.

Elite was flying car parts, but the plane seems to be stranded in Ogden. Gulf & Carribean doing the FedEx and UPS TVF trips, plus car parts.

Yep brain fart of Brewdog combined of thinking too hard about Tucson.

Another new player in the auto parts biz to me lately is "Aerotamatan de C.V." who has been doing the typical runs with a Metro. Looks like it's all hands on deck bypassing the bottleneck on the Texas border. Nice to see some MD-82Fs stretching their legs on 4+ hour segments though. Sadly haven't seen the piston Convair dusted off lately though.

MO11

Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 pm

Spacepope wrote:
Another new player in the auto parts biz to me lately is "Aerotamatan de C.V." who has been doing the typical runs with a Metro.

I believe that's Aeropacifico, which appropriated the TAA code. Its Metros are ex-Aeronaves TSM, so there may be a relationship.

gdavis003

Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:20 pm

Finally found a picture of the CAM 767-200, formerly belonging to Asian Air, which is now at ROW. Was stored at ILN for about four years, left ILN for a mystery air strip near Fort Stockton, TX last summer, and then, it flew a very strange, circuitous route to ROW in June. It looks like it is all wrapped up in Roswell currently. https://flic.kr/p/2mTA4YT

wjcandee

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:58 am

GDavis003 -- great find! Looks like it's still in one piece.

wjcandee

Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm

Okay, so let's shift gears and look at Northern Air Cargo's 4 767s.

For the uninitiated, NAC dry-leases 4 763s from CAM. They operate two under the Aloha Air Cargo flag (but they're really NAC) from West Coast to Hawaii, and two from MIA to the Caribbean and Central America.

N399CM in Aloha Air Cargo titles

N379CX in NAC Livery

N351CM in Strat Air livery (a forwarder their parent owns)

N321CM in all-white

I personally think these are all really-good-looking airplanes. It will be interesting to see what they do with 321CM when they eventually, presumably, paint it.

When they leased N399CM for the Hawaii flights, they didn't have ETOPS, so they hired ATI under ATSG's "wet-to-dry" arrangement, where an ATSG carrier will fly the plane you dry-lease until you can operate it on your own certificate. Long after NAC's Miami-based 767s were delivered, years really, ATI operated N399CM because it took NAC a very long time to get ETOPS, and they were also staffing up to run the other two planes. Finally, they got ETOPS, took over N399CM and around that time also had added N321CM.

For some time now, they have had 399 and 321 running two daily routes: HNL-LAX-HNL, and HNL-SEA-LAX-HNL. Very-reliable operation.

379 and 351 have been running out of MIA to, like I said, various points South and Southeast.

On Friday evening, 4/22/22, N379CX (NAC Livery) broke in SDQ. They must have known promptly that it would be there for a while (and it's still there), so, a few hours later, they dispatched N399CM (Aloha livery) from HNL all the way to MIA (just under 9 hours), and it has been operating a bunch of Central America and Caribbean flights since then. Apparently, the need for lift on their MIA runs was greater than their need to run two LAX-HNL ships per day. Good for them; that was a real startup aircraft operation in MIA for a while, but now it seems to be moving quite a bit of freight and they were putting decent hours on their frames.

Must be an unusual sight to see an Aloha Air Cargo 767-300 landing in Suriname! https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N399CM

Might have been cheaper to call up the Peruvians to run OB2059P for them for a few days, but maybe their pilot contract doesn't permit that. Or maybe there's something seasonal going on where they really need all the lift of the 763.

jbs2886

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:07 pm

wjcandee wrote:
I personally think these are all really-good-looking airplanes. It will be interesting to see what they do with 321CM when they eventually, presumably, paint it.

No 767 can be a bad-looking plane in my book, but agree. Especially the Aloha and the NAC with a little throw-back flair.

jbs2886

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:39 pm

Air Canada picks up 2 factory new 763Fs. I'm guessing the two Chinese ones that were cancelled/rejected?

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/f ... ues-climb/

As an aside, I'd love a conversation on the longevity of all these new cargo-only operations of passenger carriers (Air Canada, WestJet, Copa, etc.).

wjcandee

Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:55 pm

I think the impending recession, brought on by high fuel prices and rising interest rates as the result of certain policies, is going to take the gloss off a lot of this, as well as other things in aviation.

jbs2886

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:46 pm

wjcandee wrote:
I think the impending recession, brought on by high fuel prices and rising interest rates as the result of certain policies, is going to take the gloss off a lot of this, as well as other things in aviation.

If you're responding on the longevity of the new cargo ops, I have a different expectation of economy (and interest rates), but on the other hand, does this actually provide diverse revenue that would insulate against a recession? I do think those with more ties to e-commerce, like WestJet (in part?) and the new GOL operation, probably have more staying power.

Does anyone have a list of the new cargo operations? Air Canada, WestJet, GOL, Copa, Wizz (?), SpiceJet, JAL, etc.

Spacepope

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 pm

wjcandee wrote:

We shall see. Between Shanghai and now Bejing instituting lockdowns, it's china's turn in the barrel and who knows how that will end up shaking out. It will surely result in production disruptions in the short turn and likely even more demand for air freight capacity once the bottlenecks unclog.

Spacepope

Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:23 pm

This one slipped through; MD-10-30 N303FE has ferried to VCV for scrap (or storage till peak, depending on who you listen to). As of March, about 99,000 hours and 33,000 cycles.

gdavis003

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:51 pm

N705BR, which is headed to Tunisia for Express Air Cargo, ran another test flight this morning. They’ve ran three test flights in the past month, and the conversion/paint has been complete for quite some time now. It looks like they either had a rejected takeoff this morning or intentionally performed a rejected takeoff test, not sure if that’s a common procedure to test before delivery or it was a legitimate rejected takeoff. If it was, that could explain the delay in delivery, as it’s been finished for the last few months.

OMD175 is scheduled for MIA-DHN today also, so we’ll see what is heading up for paint shortly.

gdavis003

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
N705BR, which is headed to Tunisia for Express Air Cargo, ran another test flight this morning. They’ve ran three test flights in the past month, and the conversion/paint has been complete for quite some time now. It looks like they either had a rejected takeoff this morning or intentionally performed a rejected takeoff test, not sure if that’s a common procedure to test before delivery or it was a legitimate rejected takeoff. If it was, that could explain the delay in delivery, as it’s been finished for the last few months.

OMD175 is scheduled for MIA-DHN today also, so we’ll see what is heading up for paint shortly.

The newest arrival is LV-CTC, a former 737-800 for Aerolineas Argentina. It has been in MIA since November 2021, so it should only need a paint job now. Probably in Aerolineas colors with a green door currently.

The Express Air Cargo bird was flashing with a new Tunisian HEX Code on FR24 this afternoon (02A043, will be TS-ICD), so I'm guessing this is another sign that it is close to leaving after a test flight under the old reg this morning and a new HEX code being worked on this afternoon

Cardude2

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:04 pm

747classic wrote:
mark1484 wrote:
EP-SIH B747-2J9F Saha Airlines Iran has got a new livery. At 44 years old this must be one of the oldest jumbos flying commercially?

EP-SIH, THR, March 13th 2022

That's actually ex Iran airforce 5-8113/EP-SIP re-registered it to EP-SIH and is now operating as a cargo aircraft for Saha instead of the military

the real EP-SIH, 5-8114/EP-SIH, looks to have been retired and is now a parts aircraft

5-8106 still says it's in the fleet but I am unsure about that.

So it looks like EP-CQB, the worlds only operating 747-100 outlived the -200's in the Iran air force fleet :lol:

source:

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Iran-Air-Force

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Saha-Airlines

casperCA

Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:30 am

jbs2886 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

If you're responding on the longevity of the new cargo ops, I have a different expectation of economy (and interest rates), but on the other hand, does this actually provide diverse revenue that would insulate against a recession? I do think those with more ties to e-commerce, like WestJet (in part?) and the new GOL operation, probably have more staying power.

Does anyone have a list of the new cargo operations? Air Canada, WestJet, GOL, Copa, Wizz (?), SpiceJet, JAL, etc.

If your asking what routes, for Air Canada this table lists all the routes. The ones labeled as "Cargo Only" and "767F" are dedicated freighters. The ones that only list "Cargo Only" are passenger 777 or A330 with the seats removed. Everything else is a passenger widebody flight with belly cargo.

https://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/ship ... s-network/

Generally they are using the 767 to move some cargo domestically, some to the US but mostly to Latin America or Europe.

DLNZ

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:15 am

Cardude2 wrote:

That's actually ex Iran airforce 5-8113/EP-SIP re-registered it to EP-SIH and is now operating as a cargo aircraft for Saha instead of the military

the real EP-SIH, 5-8114/EP-SIH, looks to have been retired and is now a parts aircraft

5-8106 still says it's in the fleet but I am unsure about that.

So it looks like EP-CQB, the worlds only operating 747-100 outlived the -200's in the Iran air force fleet :lol:

Great to see these classics operating. Fars Air EP-FAA continues to be very active also, popping up in DEL, SVO, MFM & DAM in the past week. Sister-ship -FAB apears to be stored at IKA since SEP21 unless others have more intel.

In other Ukraine conflict related cargo.. National continue to operate 1-2 ships on CMB runs, mostly to/from Rzeszow. Many shipments of late have originated at SUU / Travis AFB. And Antonov Airlines appear to be running their remaining A124 fleet but doing so without their rego's being visible on FR24 and possibly other tracking sites. One can often see A124s operating to/from RZE/LEJ and usual ABD hangouts sans callsign. Understandable I suppose given their current and unfortunate events. To that end, they had a ship out here in AU earlier this week uplifting howitzers and Bushmaster patrol vehicles to support the war effort.

wjcandee

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:31 pm

As DLNZ and others have pointed out, National's doing a fair bit of hauling sparklers to Poland for our Ukrainian friends. Just noticed what is likely another load turning around over Newfoundland, Northwest of Gander, and heading back. About 2:20 into the flight from DOV. Clearly not a landing at the nearest-suitable, but they're obviously not going to do the overwater part of the flight. I'm guessing back to DOV, considering what they're probably carrying. They've been pretty-reliable recently, but I guess not today. The ship is N936CA, the former Global Supertanker.

Spacepope

Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:52 pm

wjcandee wrote:
As DLNZ and others have pointed out, National's doing a fair bit of hauling sparklers to Poland for our Ukrainian friends. Just noticed what is likely another load turning around over Newfoundland, Northwest of Gander, and heading back. About 2:20 into the flight from DOV. Clearly not a landing at the nearest-suitable, but they're obviously not going to do the overwater part of the flight. I'm guessing back to DOV, considering what they're probably carrying. They've been pretty-reliable recently, but I guess not today. The ship is N936CA, the former Global Supertanker.

Evergreen Intel was tracking 7 up at one time recently.

"Seven Camber (CMB) USTRANSCOM flights currently on
@ADSBexchange

CMB183 FedEx N590FE #A79DE9
CMB186 Western Global N356KD #A3FBFC
CMB450 Atlas N418MC #A4F2EE
CMB453 Kalitta N715CK #A98EDC
CMB468 Atlas N416MC #A4EB80
CMB478 Kalitta N741CK #A9F67D
CMB501 Omni N819AX #AB2AE1'

https://twitter.com/vcdgf555/status/1519145924747948032

wjcandee

Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:50 pm

wjcandee wrote:

Turns out they went to BGR.

Spacepope

Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:52 pm

Bedek's partnership in Ethiopia has cut their first cargo door. https://cargofacts.com/allposts/convers ... -767-door/

N27UADIESEL8

Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:41 pm

wjcandee wrote:

Might have been cheaper to call up the Peruvians to run OB2059P for them for a few days, but maybe their pilot contract doesn't permit that. Or maybe there's something seasonal going on where they really need all the lift of the 763.

wj candee wait till you see for who they are going to operate next.....................

DL757NYC

Sun May 01, 2022 4:18 am

Boeing757100 wrote:
FlapOperator wrote:
MD-10s are basically a Fedex only airplane and most in the 100000FH age frame.

So maybe this explains why none of the ex-FX MD-10s are being bought by other airlines...

I was talking about the MD-10-30 factory delivered crocs 86-88they have 65k-75k hours a few were parked with 17k cycles 50k hours.

wjcandee

Sun May 01, 2022 10:17 am

N27UADIESEL8 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

wj candee wait till you see for who they are going to operate next.....................

Can't wait to see! If you want to PM me a hint, I'd be grateful -- or share it with the class! :D

gdavis003

Wed May 04, 2022 6:23 pm

New arrival for DHN today: N304AV, a former InterJet A320. It's probably still in InterJet colors, and it sounds like it's headed to Ultra Air Colombia. There was an A320 that came to DHN for cabin fitting and paint in 2021 that ended up being the first aircraft for Ultra Air Colombia, so it looks like this one is doing the same. Hasn't been any other action this past week since the Aerolineas Argentina arrival last week and N705BR's test flight.

FX1816

Wed May 04, 2022 6:37 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
New arrival for DHN today: N304AV, a former InterJet A320. It's probably still in InterJet colors, and it sounds like it's headed to Ultra Air Colombia. There was an A320 that came to DHN for cabin fitting and paint in 2021 that ended up being the first aircraft for Ultra Air Colombia, so it looks like this one is doing the same. Hasn't been any other action this past week since the Aerolineas Argentina arrival last week and N705BR's test flight.

It's actually in its new, orange and white Ultra Air livery. I can confirm as I was working in the tower at TUS when it departed at around 10:10 today.

gdavis003

Wed May 04, 2022 6:47 pm

FX1816 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:

It's actually in its new, orange and white Ultra Air livery. I can confirm as I was working in the tower at TUS when it departed at around 10:10 today.

Great to hear, so this will be for cabin outfitting/MRO. I guess Ascent in Tucson has a paint hangar? Didn't think that they had one.

FX1816

Wed May 04, 2022 6:54 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
FX1816 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:

Great to hear, so this will be for cabin outfitting/MRO. I guess Ascent in Tucson has a paint hangar? Didn't think that they had one.

I've only been here since October and I had no idea they had one here. The few hangars they do have seem too small but I guess not.

bigb

Wed May 04, 2022 7:07 pm

Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

@ADSBexchange

I just dropped 418MC off for MX in HKG a few days ago..

DLNZ

Wed May 04, 2022 11:34 pm

wjcandee wrote:
N27UADIESEL8 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Can't wait to see! If you want to PM me a hint, I'd be grateful -- or share it with the class! :D

Definitely the latter, otherwise we will have to speculate!

In kind of related news, I see that National’s sole A332 N819CA hit a light pole at SKB a few days ago, but has since returned to service.

And I don’t know if it’s been mentioned already, but JetOneX’s 744 factory F which was registered as VQ-BWS operated by Longtail is now TF-AMK operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic. A nice rolls powered, ex Cathay machine.

Spacepope

Thu May 05, 2022 1:54 am

bigb wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

@ADSBexchange

Nice! Keep ‘em flying. I want to see these 744Fs flying for years to come

CX747

Thu May 05, 2022 2:09 am

Spacepope wrote:
bigb wrote:
Spacepope wrote:

@ADSBexchange

Nice! Keep ‘em flying. I want to see these 744Fs flying for years to come

My friend, the overall capability, capacity, durability and dependability of the 747 will keep the Queen going for quite some time. Shame production is winding down but that only drives the market's desire/need for 747s up. On the military side we see the USAF now having to go after second hand frames due to engine needs/requirements.

Glad to see the gang is all here. My Uncle has been working my tail off. Hopefully in a few weeks I can pop back on here with greater frequency.

DLNZ

Thu May 05, 2022 4:52 am

CX747 wrote:

My friend, the overall capability, capacity, durability and dependability of the 747 will keep the Queen going for quite some time. Shame production is winding down but that only drives the market's desire/need for 747s up. On the military side we see the USAF now having to go after second hand frames due to engine needs/requirements.

Glad to see the gang is all here. My Uncle has been working my tail off. Hopefully in a few weeks I can pop back on here with greater frequency.

Good to hear from you sir and agree with your sentiments. It got me thinking about how many of Sutter's creations we are expecting to return to the skies, and if there are any other realistic frames to be brought back. Of those we know about:

N27063 - In MX at CGK since SEP21, possibly not far away as has been spotted with transponder on occasionally in past weeks.
N570B - at HHN since JUN21.
These two are off to Aerotranscargo.

N575CL - At TPE in MX since departing the desert in APR22.
N297CL - At MZJ since relocating from VCV in JAN22
JetOneX machines. these are the ex-China Airlines Factory-F machines stored since 2012.

And what else? I think we established as a group last year that it's very slim pickings from this point onward. Do we see any changes in the merits of some more pax machines going into a P2F conversion despite the backlogs of other types such as the 767 filling up the hangars? Do we think a 748i P2F programme is realistic given the relatively small feedstock?

747classic

Thu May 05, 2022 9:36 am

747-45E(BDSF), N27063 made her first test flight out of CGK, with callsign JTN254 at May 5th 2022, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N27 ... /WIII/WIII
This callsign is used by Jet Test International, providing test /ferry flight support, see : https://jettest.aero/

N575CL at TPE, in the A-net data base (also ferried from VCV by Jet Test International )

Pantonov22

Thu May 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Longtail 744F VQ-BWS is now TF-AMK operating for Air Atlanta Icelandic, still in partial Cathay livery with JetOneX titles:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/tf-amk

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... nex/r1z523

flyguy1

Thu May 05, 2022 2:18 pm

Pantonov22 wrote:
Longtail 744F VQ-BWS is now TF-AMK operating for Air Atlanta Icelandic, still in partial Cathay livery with JetOneX titles:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/tf-amk

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... nex/r1z523

Is Longtail still in business, or has Air Atlanta taken over their fleet now?

eightcone

Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Speaking of Iceland, I saw an IG post that Icelandair is adding a 767BCF?

jbs2886

Thu May 05, 2022 8:58 pm

eightcone wrote:
Speaking of Iceland, I saw an IG post that Icelandair is adding a 767BCF?

Yup, 2 IIRC .https://cargofacts.com/allposts/convers ... onversion/

DLNZ

Fri May 06, 2022 12:51 am

747classic wrote:
747-45E(BDSF), N27063 made her first test flight out of CGK, with callsign JTN254 at May 5th 2022, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N27 ... /WIII/WIII
This callsign is used by Jet Test International, providing test /ferry flight support, see : https://jettest.aero/

Well spotted, thanks. It looks to be wearing ROMCargo titles, so looks to be joining YR-FSA.

zkojq

Fri May 06, 2022 2:32 am

Read an article about Bornemouth Airport's freight ops, which includes an interesting bit about EuropeanAviation/EuropeanCargo:

European Cargo currently operates a fleet of six A340 widebody aircraft as cargo-in-cabin aircraft between the UK, China and the US. There will be 10 aircraft operating by the end of the year and 12 by the end of March 2023. The company owns 17 A340s in total, which it will be independently carrying out passenger to freighter (P2F) conversions on, minus the cargo door, from the latter half of this year, explains Paul Stoddart, chief executive of European Aviation.

The decision to not fully convert the aircraft may be surprising, but it was a logical move, explains Stoddart. The lower decks of European Cargo’s A340s can handle containers (AKE-LD3) with a max volume of 4.5 m3 and max weight of 1,560 kg, pallets (P6P-PMC) with a max volume of 11 m3 and a max weight of 5,100 kg, and pallets (P1P-PAG) with a max volume of 10 m3 and a max weight of 4,636 kg.

European Cargo’s efficiency measures include the creation of 46 rolling “pods” which measure up to 88 inches high and are used on the upper deck. These purpose-designed smoke and fireproof pods were built in conjunction with DHL and Hermes and can be quickly loaded with loose parcels and rolled on and off the aircraft. Tests show the whole aircraft can be unloaded in under two hours. “All we do is fold the top down, zip it down both sides put the fireproof Velcro on the front,” says Stoddart.

The company, which now has over 400 employees, operates a flight from Bournemouth to Fuzhou Changle International Airport in China for the NHS, which operates daily.

However, the company also handle all kinds of general cargo now, including mail, cars and e-commerce. “We’ve had a Bournemouth to JFK contract for the last two years with DHL,” says Stoddart. “We then have a Qingdao in China to JFK, which is three times a week, they want to go up to daily. We’ve got a Shenzhen (SZX) to LAX which is three times a week and will probably stay at this frequency. That’s been running for 12 months now – for a consolidator company in China called 9D. “Then we’ve got a Bournemouth to Qingdao flight – a Hermes e-commerce type contract for electrical items. That will be three times a week with the aspiration to go daily.”

European Cargo plans to decide on replacement aircraft in 2030. It expects to keep the fleet of A340s until 2032, though some will likely operate until 2035.

https://www.aircargonews.net/monthly-ex ... nto-cargo/

Sounds like they're definitely making hay whilst the sun shines. Those A340s would have been very cheap to acquire and there's plenty of volume in an A346. People who follow F1 will know that Paul Stoddart has always been.....quite the character.

Wolfman

Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 am

First of all: thanks to all for the insights, really enjoy following this thread!

Does anyone know what's going on with Mesk´s 9H-MSK? It is sitting in IST since April 21...
Thank you

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos