Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stltrojan

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:15 pm

I’d work with Southwest and and a get sterile arrival walkway from E24 to customs and then if you’ve seen how long some of the F jetways are at ATL, a monster sterile arrival jetway from E34 to customs, reconfigure E34 for wide bodies and give yourself operational flexibility.

roysoup

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:09 am

I'm fairly new to STL, so I don't know a lot when it comes to ticket prices out of STL. But to me, the prices are ridiculously high.
DL is charging me the same amount of money on BOS-STL and BOS-LAX. With AA, it is cheaper to fly from LAX to JFK than to STL.
Is it my bad timing or is it just what it is?
Are there any ways around that?

stl07

Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:54 am

roysoup wrote:
I'm fairly new to STL, so I don't know a lot when it comes to ticket prices out of STL. But to me, the prices are ridiculously high.
DL is charging me the same amount of money on BOS-STL and BOS-LAX. With AA, it is cheaper to fly from LAX to JFK than to STL.
Is it my bad timing or is it just what it is?
Are there any ways around that?

You need to change your airline. This is something that impacts a lot of people when going from a bigger city to a medium sized one. I have seen the oposite end of this moving to LAX. You can't take your favorite airline to anywhere you want in STL. DL is charging more because they don't fly nonstop from STL-BOS. Only WN and AA do. You also may need to change your booking time. In STL, fares go high closer in because the main competition is WN, and WN's wanna get away fares close out early. West Coast fares have also skyrocketed this summer because NK left, and both AA and WN cut capacity.

dcaproducer

Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:18 pm

E34 would just provide flexibility, especially if any additional carriers or international destinations come onboard. The last thing the airport wants to do is lose a flight because it can't accommodate the scheduling.

A new terminal is 10-years away. By the airports own timeline construction wouldn't start until 2026/2027. I'm sure they could figure out a solution that would get them through the next 10 years that is cost effective.

Jshank83

Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:08 pm

Kind of hard to read but here is the schedule for NON-Holiday weeks in the update for Nov/Dec. Holiday weeks are different

Sun-mon 103
Sat 87

First number is Sun-Fri 2nd is Sat. If there is only one number it probably is saturday only.
Atlanta GA (ATL) Southwest 3 2
Austin TX (AUS) Southwest 3 2
Baltimore MD (BWI) Southwest 3 3
Boston MA (BOS) Southwest 2 2
Cancun MX (CUN) Southwest 1 1
Charleston SC (CHS) Southwest
Charlotte NC (CLT) Southwest 1
Chicago IL (MDW) Southwest 6 3
Cleveland OH (CLE) Southwest 2 1
Columbus OH (CMH) Southwest 2 1
Dallas TX (DAL) Southwest 6 4
Denver CO (DEN) Southwest 6 5
Des Moines IA (DSM) Southwest 2 2
Destin FL (VPS) Southwest
Detroit MI (DTW) Southwest 2 1
Ft. Lauderdale FL (FLL) Southwest 1 3
Ft. Myers FL (RSW) Southwest 2 4
Hartford, CT (BDL) Southwest 1
Houston TX (HOU) Southwest 4 3
Jacksonville FL (JAX) Southwest 1 1
Kansas City MO (MCI) Southwest 3 1
Las Vegas NV (LAS) Southwest 3 3
Little Rock AR (LIT) Southwest 2 1
Long Beach CA (LGB) Southwest 1 0
Los Angeles CA (LAX) Southwest 1 1
Miami FL (MIA) Southwest 1 1
Milwaukee WI (MKE) Southwest 2 1
Minneapolis MN (MSP) Southwest 2 1
Montego Bay JAM (MBJ) Southwest
Myrtle Beach SC (MYR) Southwest
Nashville TN (BNA) Southwest 4 1
New Orleans LA (MSY) Southwest 2 2
New York NY (LGA) Southwest 5 2
Oakland CA (OAK) Southwest 1
Oklahoma City OK (OKC) Southwest 2 1
Omaha NE (OMA) Southwest 2 1
Orange County CA (SNA) Southwest
Orlando FL (MCO) Southwest 4 5
Panama City FL (ECP) Southwest 1
Pensacola FL (PNS) Southwest 1
Philadelphia PA (PHL) Southwest 2 1
Pittsburgh PA (PIT) Southwest 1 1
Phoenix AZ (PHX) Southwest 3 3
Portland OR (PDX) Southwest 1
Raleigh NC (RDU) Southwest 1 1
Sacramento (SMF) Southwest 1 1
Salt Lake City (SLC) Southwest 1
San Antonio TX (SAT) Southwest 1 1
San Deigo CA (SAN) Southwest 1 1
San Jose CA (SJC) Southwest 1
San Juan PR (SJU) Southwest 1
San Francisco CA (SFO) Southwest
Sarasota FL (SRQ) Southwest 1 1
Seattle WA (SEA) Southwest 1
Tampa FL (TPA) Southwest 2 4
Tulsa OK (TUL) Southwest 2 1
Washington DC (DCA) Southwest 4 3
Wichita KS (ICT) Southwest 2 2
Totals 103 87

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:29 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Flipped on the airport camera today and noticed the F9 flight from CUN waiting on the LH flight to leave the gate so it could deplane. By the looks of things it had about 50 minute wait. It was 30 minutes early and LH was about 70 minutes late leaving. WNs flight from CUN was using E33 so F9 couldn't flip to it.

sequence of events

LH at E29 blocking E31

WN CUN lands at 3:51 goes to E33
F9 CUN lands at 4:03 waits on LH
LH leaves gate around 4:55 then F9 can pull in

Looks like WN/F9 fly the same times every day LH is there so it could become a reoccurring thing until CUN goes to its usual Saturday only during September/Oct

LH inbound is running late today and F9 is early again... So we will see how this goes.

Also, the airport updated the arrivals and departures page on the website. Much better looking, gates aren't all showing up right yet but once it is fixed it should be nice.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Flipped on the airport camera today and noticed the F9 flight from CUN waiting on the LH flight to leave the gate so it could deplane. By the looks of things it had about 50 minute wait. It was 30 minutes early and LH was about 70 minutes late leaving. WNs flight from CUN was using E33 so F9 couldn't flip to it.

sequence of events

LH at E29 blocking E31

Looks like WN/F9 fly the same times every day LH is there so it could become a reoccurring thing until CUN goes to its usual Saturday only during September/Oct

LH inbound is running late today and F9 is early again... So we will see how this goes.

Also, the airport updated the arrivals and departures page on the website. Much better looking, gates aren't all showing up right yet but once it is fixed it should be nice.

Remote stands and buses really seem like the simple solution to the international gate problem, at least in the short term. Hell, the incoming flight can park at one of F9's C gates and they can bus the pax over to CBP in E. Then F9 doesn't have to tow the plane back to C, seems like a win for them. They could implement it tomorrow if they really wanted to.

I wonder how long F9 is going to put up with these delays, especially if FRA goes 5x. I'd hate to lose intl service because our airport can't handle 3 planes at once.

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:51 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

sequence of events

LH at E29 blocking E31

Remote stands and buses really seem like the simple solution to the international gate problem, at least in the short term. Hell, the incoming flight can park at one of F9's C gates and they can bus the pax over to CBP in E. Then F9 doesn't have to tow the plane back to C, seems like a win for them. They could implement it tomorrow if they really wanted to.

I wonder how long F9 is going to put up with these delays, especially if FRA goes 5x. I'd hate to lose intl service because our airport can't handle 3 planes at once.

WN moved their CUN arrival to 6 pm in September. So that should fix the issues at that point assuming they keep it then.

November arrival schedule

1512 F9 CUN
1600 LH FRA - arrives
1657 F9 PUJ
1800 LH FRA - departs
1830 WN CUN

So it should be okay. Pretty good buffers between the 3 narrow body flights. PUJ doesn't run Sunday so only Wed/Fri it overlaps. AA CUN and WN MBJ are Saturday only so they obviously don't come into play.

stl07

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Glad it was fixed, but this should not have been an issue the airlines had to fix. We need to attract international service, not have the service work around us.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:03 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

WN moved their CUN arrival to 6 pm in September. So that should fix the issues at that point assuming they keep it then.

1512 F9 CUN
1600 LH FRA - arrives
1657 F9 PUJ
1800 LH FRA - departs
1830 WN CUN

So it should be okay. Pretty good buffers between the 3 narrow body flights. PUJ doesn't run Sunday so only Wed/Fri it overlaps. AA CUN and WN MBJ are Saturday only so they obviously don't come into play.

Oh, that's not so bad then.

How exactly does ownership of gates work anyways? I know Southwest frequently uses E33 and maybe the others for domestic flights. Are they just told that they're off limits during certain times to accommodate the other airlines?

Cubsrule

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:14 pm

stl07 wrote:
Glad it was fixed, but this should not have been an issue the airlines had to fix. We need to attract international service, not have the service work around us.

. . . assuming WN fixed it for gating reasons. But the timings of their low-frequency service vary from schedule to schedule for all sorts of reasons.

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:16 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

1512 F9 CUN
1600 LH FRA - arrives
1657 F9 PUJ
1800 LH FRA - departs
1830 WN CUN

How exactly does ownership of gates work anyways? I know Southwest frequently uses E33 and maybe the others for domestic flights. Are they just told that they're off limits during certain times to accommodate the other airlines?

I assume, but do not know for sure, they have some clause in the E31 and E33 leases they have to yield to international flights. They probably agreed to that since most of the time it wont matter. Really shouldn't have been much of an issue when they originally took on the gates. F9 CUN was running daily and everything else (Apple charters) was once a week on the weekends. Since then now you have had WN to CUN go daily, WN MBJ start, AA on Saturdays to CUN, PUJ expanded to 4x a week, LH 3x a week (2 gates), NK daily to CUN (maybe?). So things have filled up a bit. I am sure they still would keep those gates and work around international arrivals over vacating them though.

That all said busses or finding a path from E24 or E34 to FIS shouldn't be a huge deal if it comes to that. I am not all that worried about it keeping anyone away or anything.

TWA302

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:40 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

1512 F9 CUN
1600 LH FRA - arrives
1657 F9 PUJ
1800 LH FRA - departs
1830 WN CUN

I assume, but do not know for sure, they have some clause in the E31 and E33 leases they have to yield to international flights. They probably agreed to that since most of the time it wont matter. Really shouldn't have been much of an issue when they originally took on the gates. F9 CUN was running daily and everything else (Apple charters) was once a week on the weekends. Since then now you have had WN to CUN go daily, WN MBJ start, AA on Saturdays to CUN, PUJ expanded to 4x a week, LH 3x a week (2 gates), NK daily to CUN (maybe?). So things have filled up a bit. I am sure they still would keep those gates and work around international arrivals over vacating them though.

That all said busses or finding a path from E24 or E34 to FIS shouldn't be a huge deal if it comes to that. I am not all that worried about it keeping anyone away or anything.

Too bad we don't have these suckers anymore :stirthepot:

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm

I also meant to mention this. I noticed that T2 now has a curbside baggage area put in after the door by TSA-pre that I didn't remember being there before. Looks to be the same setup as the current WN one. It wasn't being used yet so I am not sure if they are just moving it or adding a second (I assume moving). Might help get people to pull further down the row instead of clumping up first thing. I can upload the pic later.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:27 pm

According to FlightAware WN’s CUN flight is using E31 and F9’s using E29. And LH isn’t leaving until 4:45. I guess they’re both waiting awhile, then both will unload simultaneously into the small CBP area. What a mess.

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:32 pm

STLflyer wrote:
According to FlightAware WN’s CUN flight is using E31 and F9’s using E29. And LH isn’t leaving until 4:45. I guess they’re both waiting awhile, then both will unload simultaneously into the small CBP area. What a mess.

WN screwed up and has a plane at E33. It got in at 1245 but it must have been swapped or something to a later departure. It is just leaving now. It looks like the WN CUN plane is pulling in there.

All the gates were full a little bit ago, even the E34 and up looked full with some extra planes beyond them so there must be something going on with cancels, etc.

dcaproducer

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:46 pm

So when does WN look at needing more gates in D?

The airport should at least look at options for dealing with the FIS situation, just to be ready if more flights come online.
Didn’t the study this pre Covid?

Jshank83

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
So when does WN look at needing more gates in D?

The airport should at least look at options for dealing with the FIS situation, just to be ready if more flights come online.
Didn’t the study this pre Covid?

I think they still have a bit. Maybe 2024. They aren’t using E34-40 a much yet, although they are semi regularly using them now. Maybe next summer they get back to precovid levels or a little above and then they probably will look back into the next bank of gates, which I am pretty sure would be as far as they would go down D

I had someone who I feel was a pretty good source back before covid (late 2019) that they were doing the planning to get the next bank open. So I think once we get back to precovid then it gets re-looked at, but that last thought it mine. I haven’t heard anything since back then.

BN727227Ultra

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:25 am

TWA302 wrote:
Too bad we don't have these suckers anymore :stirthepot:

I rode out to my 741 on one of those, 1988 STL-HNL. Funny, I can't remember being bussed to the terminal upon my return. 'Course, I was jetlagged like a fiend...

ruskistl

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 am

Is there any way to find out if the airport even has passenger stairs? Or how many they have? The ideas proposed here seem so obvious, should be implemented already.

Jshank83

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:21 pm

ruskistl wrote:
Is there any way to find out if the airport even has passenger stairs? Or how many they have? The ideas proposed here seem so obvious, should be implemented already.

They def have them, I have seen them used on charters. Not sure how many. Every jetbridge should have stairs also. Only thing they would need to find a workaround for is wheel chairs if they don't have a ramp.

STLflyer

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm

ruskistl wrote:
Is there any way to find out if the airport even has passenger stairs?

Yes ;)

Jshank83

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:21 pm

I think this is good.

If you are a Global Entry member traveling internationally through St. Louis International Airport (STL), starting on June 27 you will receive faster and touchless processing using U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) receiptless facial kiosks.

https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... -travelers

dcaproducer

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
ruskistl wrote:

They def have them, I have seen them used on charters. Not sure how many. Every jetbridge should have stairs also. Only thing they would need to find a workaround for is wheel chairs if they don't have a ramp.

The airport could set up remote stands along D with ramp boarding. Several smaller airports use them. This is how all of the flights at JAC board, even the 757’s.
They’re wheelchair accessible.

I still think it would be worth the airports time and money to figure out a solution that leaves some flexibility for airlines to schedule international arriving flights.
Just another reason to push the new terminal forward.

STLflyer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:40 am

What will it take to get the new terminal? Does the funding have to be approved by legislature or voters? Or is the airport able to fund it themselves?

strangeplanes

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:11 am

Airport users need to approve the fees and city council likely needs to approve the bonds and construction plans, etc

STLflyer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:06 am

strangeplanes wrote:
Airport users need to approve the fees and city council likely needs to approve the bonds and construction plans, etc

Damn, now I’m a lot less optimistic that anything will get done.

Jshank83

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:53 am

STLflyer wrote:
What will it take to get the new terminal? Does the funding have to be approved by legislature or voters? Or is the airport able to fund it themselves?

Basically the airlines have to approve it. Although as strange mentions I think other users (rental cars, etc) might need to be on board also but it’s mostly the airlines. I’m under the impression they are on board and if that is the case, I don’t really see it getting held up. Too many people that matter are in favor of it.

dcaproducer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:13 am

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Basically the airlines have to approve it. Although as strange mentions I think other users (rental cars, etc) might need to be on board also but it’s mostly the airlines. I’m under the impression they are on board and if that is the case, I don’t really see it getting held up. Too many people that matter are in favor of it.

Agreed. Reading the studies and reports so far, it sounds like the airlines are ready for a new facility.
I also think if anyone can get it done, it’s Rhonda.

For those who haven’t seen it, check out the Airports master plan update from May. It shows where the process is currently.
https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... Packet.pdf

Also, from the report:
-No city or local tax dollars required
-Paid for with FAA grants, Bonds, User Fees, rents

reednavy

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:56 pm

STLflyer wrote:
strangeplanes wrote:

Why? I have a feeling almost everyone there, not just airlines, are for a new facility. Lambert has got to get a new facility, consolidation of rentals, new terminal-adjacent parking in order to truly grow and compete.

The airport, as is right now, is garbage.

STLflyer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:54 pm

reednavy wrote:
STLflyer wrote:
strangeplanes wrote:

Why? I have a feeling almost everyone there, not just airlines, are for a new facility. Lambert has got to get a new facility, consolidation of rentals, new terminal-adjacent parking in order to truly grow and compete.

The airport, as is right now, is garbage.

It's the city council I don't put much faith in.

Runway765

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:28 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Agreed. Reading the studies and reports so far, it sounds like the airlines are ready for a new facility.

For those who haven’t seen it, check out the Airports master plan update from May. It shows where the process is currently.

Also, from the report:

Great to see this is moving forward. Any plans for an on-site hotel connected to the parking garages?

MKE should take note of this and plan something similar, albeit on a smaller scale.

Jshank83

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Runway765 wrote:
dcaproducer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Also, from the report:

Great to see this is moving forward. Any plans for an on-site hotel connected to the parking garages?

MKE should take note of this and plan something similar, albeit on a smaller scale.

Current T2 footprint is slated as TBD. Could be hotel, could be rental car, or whatever they decide.

stlgph

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:56 pm

Hell, I'd love to see them get rid of the parking garages. Never understood how you have this wonderful beautiful terminal and then you build a parking garage right in front of it. That's pure genius.

I'd love to see a complete re-think or clearance of most of the things between I-70 and the terminal/Lambert Boulevard. It's all cuttered nonsense.

Jshank83

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:34 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Also, from the report:

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... 220603.pdf

Transcript of the presentations but more interesting the question and answer afterwards.

stlgph wrote:
Hell, I'd love to see them get rid of the parking garages. Never understood how you have this wonderful beautiful terminal and then you build a parking garage right in front of it. That's pure genius.

I'd love to see a complete re-think or clearance of most of the things between I-70 and the terminal/Lambert Boulevard. It's all cuttered nonsense.

I think they are going to be redoing the T1 garage with this project. I can't remember if they are lowing the profile or not. For some reason I thought they were.

stlgph

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:09 pm

It'd be great if they would follow the lead of Dulles Airport on the parking out front :)

dcaproducer

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 pm

stlgph wrote:
It'd be great if they would follow the lead of Dulles Airport on the parking out front :)

They don’t have the room. They looked at relocating I70, but it would be very costly. Using T2 for a consolidated rental car facility would be a great idea and let people metro over to it for free. Kinda like ATL’s train to their facility.

IAD was build in the middle of nowhere (at the time) and has a ton of space in front of the main terminal. It’s amazing how close you can surface park and walk right in.

From STL’s plans, the domes would remain, but a new baggage facility would be built in front on a lower level.

Jshank83

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:41 pm

So something I just noticed. Wingtips Lounge has updated hours that lists themselves as closed on their website from 1 pm to 330 pm on LH flight days. LH must be renting out the entire thing for those hours for business class. Id be curious if PP holders can get in during those hours if they are on the LH flight.

TWA302

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:28 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
So something I just noticed. Wingtips Lounge has updated hours that lists themselves as closed on their website from 1 pm to 330 pm on LH flight days. LH must be renting out the entire thing for those hours for business class. Id be curious if PP holders can get in during those hours if they are on the LH flight.

Either that or part of the incentive deal was that the airport would fund this for LH. Makes sense but I would hope that they would all those with paid memberships (not single day passes) to also have access to it if they want to enter during that time on W F Su

TWA302

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 pm

Any insight on the OA flight that departed STL this week? Rare visitor to STL.
Credit from the STL Facebook page

Second strange flight from 6/14 was a YX flight STL-EYW! <------- I would LOVE for this to be real but have not idea but probably a re-positioning flight?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RPA3300/history/20220614/1330Z/KSTL/KEYW

stlgph

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:41 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
stlgph wrote:

They don’t have the room. They looked at relocating I70, but it would be very costly. Using T2 for a consolidated rental car facility would be a great idea and let people metro over to it for free. Kinda like ATL’s train to their facility.

IAD was build in the middle of nowhere (at the time) and has a ton of space in front of the main terminal. It’s amazing how close you can surface park and walk right in.

From STL’s plans, the domes would remain, but a new baggage facility would be built in front on a lower level.

I'm talking about moving/leveling out the parking garage in front and then the building spaces between Lambert International Boulevard and I-70. I-70 wouldn't have to move at all. I'm talking about moving the armed forces centers along Mustang Avenue and making that all parking or airport-related operations.

Jshank83

Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:18 am

TWA302 wrote:
Any insight on the OA flight that departed STL this week? Rare visitor to STL.
Credit from the STL Facebook page

Second strange flight from 6/14 was a YX flight STL-EYW! <------- I would LOVE for this to be real but have not idea but probably a re-positioning flight?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RPA3300/history/20220614/1330Z/KSTL/KEYW

I asked around. Sounds like Wednesday. Omni blocks from trackers though so not sure on any details.

reednavy

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:53 am

stlgph wrote:
dcaproducer wrote:
stlgph wrote:

I'm talking about moving/leveling out the parking garage in front and then the building spaces between Lambert International Boulevard and I-70. I-70 wouldn't have to move at all. I'm talking about moving the armed forces centers along Mustang Avenue and making that all parking or airport-related operations.

Unfortunately, DOD has no interest or plans to move at this time.

I think it would be in the best interest to relocate to the other side of I-70 and open that space up, but it's not in the cards right now.

pmanni1

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

sequence of events

LH at E29 blocking E31

Gates show up when viewing from a desktop but not on your mobile. That new "feature" is incredibly unhelpful to travelers.

stltrojan

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:23 pm

Right next to E24 is a door to nowhere labeled 25T… add some sterile glass bump out to 25T, put a jetway extension from the 25T door to the E29 customs staircase and 4th International Gate added and it’s all WN’s!
I’m sure there’s some cash from the aldermanic bribery thing that can cover this DIY project! :duck:
Wouldn’t take much effort

STLflyer

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:48 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

sequence of events

LH at E29 blocking E31

Gates show up when viewing from a desktop but not on your mobile. That new "feature" is incredibly unhelpful to travelers.

Does anyone actually use the airport website for gate info when traveling? I always use the airline app, especially since I have a mobile BP. Hell, most of the time the BP in my iPhone wallet auto updates with the latest gate info

Jshank83

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:04 pm

The LH departure pulled back from the gate about 10 minutes late today. Getting better!

F9 CUN flight was 41!! minutes early so it still had to wait a bit but that is its own fault.

Jshank83

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:11 am

Pretty much done doing through July frequencies and I'll post my normal full stats later in the week but two notes:
WN has 4 more flights a day than June to make it 106 a day. Extra frequencies to MDW(8)/LAS (4)/PIT (2)/BOS (3). Number in bracket is new frequency.
UA is wayyy down seats vs precovid and even down a pretty good amount from 2021. Only mainline is a 5x a week flight to IAH, doesn't run on Monday/Sunday

pmanni1

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:48 am

Anyone know what the Swift Air flight (2042) that's been arriving from CVG at 6:24am is for? I've noticed it 3 times this week.

Jshank83

Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:27 am

pmanni1 wrote:
Anyone know what the Swift Air flight (2042) that's been arriving from CVG at 6:24am is for? I've noticed it 3 times this week.

It’s the daily DHL flight.

Flies OMA-STL-CVG in the evening. Reverse in the morning.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos