Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jplatts

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri May 27, 2022 2:21 am

There are more adds that WN could make at STL in order to provide additional connecting feed onto existing routes out of STL, including
(a) the resumption of WN STL-ABQ/BHM/BDL/SDF/ORF/PBI nonstop service,
(b) the addition of WN STL-CVG/IAH nonstop service, and
(c) increased frequencies on WN STL-West Coast nonstop routes (including increasing STL-OAK/PDX/SMF/SJC/SEA nonstop service back to daily nonstop service).

WN adding/resuming nonstop service out of STL to more destinations would help boost load factors on routes where WN had weaker load factors such as STL-CLT/DSM/LIT/LGA/TUL/DCA/ICT.

jplatts

Fri May 27, 2022 2:40 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Spirit - Just has not gained traction ever since the meltdown last year. Although it was a decent jump from January
LAX 68.5% - Continues to be best performer, even if this month wasn't great
LAS 67%
RSW 66.5%
MCO 64%
PHX 60.5%
TPA 57.5%
FLL 57%

One issue that NK had in the STL market is that NK STL-FLL/RSW/LAS/MCO/PHX/TPA was in competition with WN STL-FLL/MIA/RSW/LAS/MCO/PHX/TPA and G4 BLV-FLL/PGD/LAS/SFB/AZA/PIE nonstop service (plus nonstop competition from AA and/or F9 on a few of these routes).

Some of the leisure travelers in the STL/BLV also were continuing to choose more established options on WN, G4, F9, or AA out of STL/BLV over the recently added NK options out of STL.

Jshank83

Sat May 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Since I got up load % early (back a page) I am going to go ahead and get up June Frequency also.

June 2022 Frequency update

New/Returning flights
LH to FRA!
WN CHS/SJC/SEA/PDX/SJU/SLC
G4 MYR

Flights per week June
June 2022 (May 2022) June 2019 (%vs June 2019)
WN 702 (657) 813 (-13.6%)
AA 240 (238) 257 (-6.6%)
DL 147 (142) 204 (-27.6%)
UA 129 (137) 203 (-36.5%)
F9 36 (33) 38 (-5.3%)
NK 14 (24) XX
AC 14 (7) 21 (-33%)
AS 10 (14) 21 (-52%)

G4 35 (20) 46 (-24%) - vs 2021 since it was better than 2019

Total STL 1391 (1361) 1729 (-19.5%)

June 2021 Seats based on Monday (June 2019 seats) vs June 2019
AA 4102 (4343) -5.5%
DL 2690 (3313) -18.8%
UA 1563 (1820) -14.1%

Notes:
LH STARTS!
AC- goes to 2x daily YYZ
DL - 757s are back on ATL. 717s are back on DTW/MSP. MSP has a A321 for a frequency.
AA - PHL gets a mainline for the first time since covid (I think). Only routes with no mainline at all are AUS/DCA.
WN - CHS/SJC/SEA/PDX/SJU/SLC are all back, although Saturday only for all. Back over 100 daily for first time since precovid.
G4 - MYR back for summer.
NK - Big cut back to MCO/LAS only. Both are daily.

Full Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 1:46 am

I keep waiting for something to show up here!

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 3:20 am

STLflyer wrote:
I keep waiting for something to show up here!

I keep waiting for the actual plane to pop up on this.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 3:52 am

Gate E29 according to LH.com in case anyone was curious which gate would handle the A330.

I assume the crew for the outbound is either already in STL or arriving tomorrow.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 4:05 am

STLflyer wrote:
Gate E29 according to LH.com in case anyone was curious which gate would handle the A330.

I assume the crew for the outbound is either already in STL or arriving tomorrow.

I wonder how that will work with only 3 flights a week. I guess part of me figured they crew came on the inbound flight and turned around and worked the outbound, but maybe that’s not the case. Just didn’t think they would want a crew sitting around for 2 or 3 days. Unless they rotate in and out of another airport.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 4:46 am

Hmm yeah, not really sure. I didn’t think crew rest rules would allow the first outbound crew to fly in on the inbound.

I don’t think it’s that uncommon for long haul crews to spend a few days at their destination. I know someone who’s a 777 pilot for Air Canada and he sometimes spends two or three days in a destination even in cities with daily flights.

TransWorldOne

Tue May 31, 2022 6:23 am

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

I wonder how that will work with only 3 flights a week. I guess part of me figured they crew came on the inbound flight and turned around and worked the outbound, but maybe that’s not the case. Just didn’t think they would want a crew sitting around for 2 or 3 days. Unless they rotate in and out of another airport.

Wouldn't that mean a 20+ hours of duty? Pretty sure crews aren't permitted to work shifts that long and thank goodness for that. Multi-day layovers aren't uncommon for international crews.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 1:06 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Wouldn't that mean a 20+ hours of duty? Pretty sure crews aren't permitted to work shifts that long and thank goodness for that. Multi-day layovers aren't uncommon for international crews.

I was thinking the outbound crew wouldn’t be working the inbound. Just “passengers” so they wouldn’t be working. But I don’t know if that’s even a thing.

But anyway, I’m guessing you are right and they just wait til the next one. it’s only one full day off 2x and 2 off the others not too bad. In my head it was longer.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 1:20 pm

I just hope LH is putting their crews up somewhere decent like Clayton and not an airport hotel across I-70. Or even Streets of St Charles would be close, safe and have plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

The airport hotels might be alright for a quick overnight layover, but would be horrible if they're here a couple days.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 4:42 pm

F9 is making CUN daily year round now. It was pulled back to 4x a week from Aug 11 to Nov 14.

Also, at the moment the first flight for LH is scheduled to be on plane D-AIKO if it doesn't get swapped. 13 year old A330-300. Flying into Frankfurt from Kuwait before it comes here.

stl07

Tue May 31, 2022 5:00 pm

STLflyer wrote:
I just hope LH is putting their crews up somewhere decent like Clayton and not an airport hotel across I-70. Or even Streets of St Charles would be close, safe and have plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

The airport hotels might be alright for a quick overnight layover, but would be horrible if they're here a couple days.

I wouldn’t give them that much credit. It’s not a vacation lol. An airport hotel is perfect and preferable for the job. The crew will want to land and go straight to sleep or relax.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 5:03 pm

stl07 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

I wouldn’t give them that much credit. It’s not a vacation lol. An airport hotel is perfect and preferable for the job. The crew will want to land and go straight to sleep or relax.

True, but if they're spending a few days here, the airport's a crappy location with no decent restaurants near by within walking distance.

Anyhow, just checked in and got my boarding pass for the inaugural to FRA. Lufthansa's website says 23 hours in advance, but the app let me do it. Can't wait!

atrude777

Tue May 31, 2022 5:16 pm

Regarding the Crews and Hotels and Layovers...

If it's anything like United with their 3 weekly flights...

Lufthansa will have already flown a crew ahead, either yesterday or today. The LH crew will have flown AC or UA (Star Alliance Connection Obviously) and overnight in STL. That crew, will work the Inaugural STL-FRA Flight.

The crew that flew in FRA-STL tomorrow, will overnight in STL until the next departure. Then it will continue to rotate throughout the week.

3 weekly will mean long layovers in STL and that's normal with majority of the airlines.

I don't know how strict Germany or Lufthansa is about where crews stay specially with ensuring the Crews test negative to fly back to Germany.

Looking forward to seeing photos and videos of the LH arrival tomorrow!

Alex

LBBflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 5:36 pm

atrude777 wrote:

Lufthansa will have already flown a crew ahead, either yesterday or today. The LH crew will have flown AC or UA (Star Alliance Connection Obviously) and overnight in STL. That crew, will work the Inaugural STL-FRA Flight.

The crew that flew in FRA-STL tomorrow, will overnight in STL until the next departure. Then it will continue to rotate throughout the week.

3 weekly will mean long layovers in STL and that's normal with majority of the airlines.

I don't know how strict Germany or Lufthansa is about where crews stay specially with ensuring the Crews test negative to fly back to Germany.

Alex

Is there a different testing requirement for crews returning to Germany than passengers? Assuming the crews are all fully vaccinated, then testing isn't required to re-enter Germany.

atrude777

Tue May 31, 2022 5:43 pm

LBBflyer wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

Alex

Is there a different testing requirement for crews returning to Germany than passengers? Assuming the crews are all fully vaccinated, then testing isn't required to re-enter Germany.

You know more then me!

That's why I said "I didn't know", and if the Crews have to test negative or not.

Also, assuming of course they ARE Vaccinated too!

Alex

PhilMcCrackin

Tue May 31, 2022 6:01 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Hmm yeah, not really sure. I didn’t think crew rest rules would allow the first outbound crew to fly in on the inbound.

I don’t think it’s that uncommon for long haul crews to spend a few days at their destination. I know someone who’s a 777 pilot for Air Canada and he sometimes spends two or three days in a destination even in cities with daily flights.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure BA gives their crews 48+ hours here in PHX and that's a daily flight.

I'd hope LH would put their guys up in Clayton. There's a lot to see and do and it's 15 minutes from the airport. The area around the airport is terrible.

pmanni1

Tue May 31, 2022 6:55 pm

The LH US flights are definitely banked at FRA. All go out in exactly 1 hour between 10-11am.
10:00 IAH
10:05 AUS
10:10 DFW
10:15 ATL
10:25 SFO
10:30 LAX
10:40 DTW
10:40 SEA
10:45 ORD
10:45 MIA
10:45 STL
11:00 JFK

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 7:05 pm

A little off topic but a new terminal nugget from Rhonda in this interview.

If we unify all that in a single new terminal, what happens to Terminal Two, which so many of us have grown fond of? Do we tear it down?

Terminal Two would be repurposed. The project would have about a ten-year window: two years of negotiating with your airlines, because they ultimately pay the cost of it, and then design and construction. While it’s very doable, it’s complicated. Southwest would stay in their terminal all the way until the end. The single terminal would go up to the west. Terminal Two could be repurposed as consolidated rental car facilities, or you could put a hotel in there, or administrative offices…. You would lop off that D concourse, obviously.

https://commonreader.wustl.edu/c/up-up- ... louis-way/

That is the most logical thing so there is less moving, but I thought they might try to get Southwest in it first.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 7:09 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
The LH US flights are definitely banked at FRA. All go out in exactly 1 hour between 10-11am.
10:00 IAH
10:05 AUS
10:10 DFW
10:15 ATL
10:25 SFO
10:30 LAX
10:40 DTW
10:40 SEA
10:45 ORD
10:45 MIA
10:45 STL
11:00 JFK

Yup, I leave PRG at 6 AM, have 3 hours to kill at FRA, then it's back home to STL. They're definitely timed for connections.

TWA302

Tue May 31, 2022 7:36 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
A little off topic but a new terminal nugget from Rhonda in this interview.

If we unify all that in a single new terminal, what happens to Terminal Two, which so many of us have grown fond of? Do we tear it down?

Terminal Two would be repurposed. The project would have about a ten-year window: two years of negotiating with your airlines, because they ultimately pay the cost of it, and then design and construction. While it’s very doable, it’s complicated. Southwest would stay in their terminal all the way until the end. The single terminal would go up to the west. Terminal Two could be repurposed as consolidated rental car facilities, or you could put a hotel in there, or administrative offices…. You would lop off that D concourse, obviously.

https://commonreader.wustl.edu/c/up-up- ... louis-way/

That is the most logical thing so there is less moving, but I thought they might try to get Southwest in it first.

Wow, that interview was all over the place. Drones, climate change, masks, master plan and then I find she writes on things from aviation to orgasms. :rotfl:

dcaproducer

Tue May 31, 2022 8:01 pm

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure BA gives their crews 48+ hours here in PHX and that's a daily flight.

I'd hope LH would put their guys up in Clayton. There's a lot to see and do and it's 15 minutes from the airport. The area around the airport is terrible.

Typically crews are not stuck at the closest hotel to the airport. In fact, some airlines have agreements with pilots to specifically put them away from the airport. (We have a family member who’s a pilot for one of the big 3 legacies and they get placed in fairly nice hotels.) Kelsey from 74Gear has talked about this before and why crews are often put at hotels closer to the city center when possible.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 8:35 pm

Hamm-Niebruegge said the first three outbound flights to Frankfurt are sold out, and that the first inbound flight to St. Louis has nearly 200 passengers; the flight will utilize a 255-seat Airbus A330.

Further, she said through the end of August, the flight is averaging an 89% load factor, with a "nice mix of business and leisure" travelers.

"They're very happy with that," Hamm-Niebruegge said of Lufthansa.

She added it's possible the frequency of the flight could go up next year if load factors remain strong.

Goes on to list some of the business people that will be on the first flight.
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... minal.html

Only question I have is that it says they are flying out of T2 because of customs. But there has to be more to it than that. AA/Frontier/Spirit all tow to C after dropping off in T2. No reason they can't either.

I think the lounge is a reason, but I would love a bit more insight into it.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Update: This is getting added

"The result, Hamm-Niebruegge said, was that Lufthansa, the carrier operating the Frankfurt flight, told airport officials it couldn't keep its gate in Terminal 1, as it did not have time to drop arriving passengers at Terminal 2, then tow to 1"

That makes more sense. If they have a bank they want to make. I still would be curious how much time it really adds to turn it around to C.

I am also still curious to see how they work the check in space. They basically have TSA pre and clear taking up all the room in front of the desk that WOW used so they are going to have to rework that all.

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 9:23 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Hamm-Niebruegge said the first three outbound flights to Frankfurt are sold out, and that the first inbound flight to St. Louis has nearly 200 passengers; the flight will utilize a 255-seat Airbus A330.

Further, she said through the end of August, the flight is averaging an 89% load factor, with a "nice mix of business and leisure" travelers.

She added it's possible the frequency of the flight could go up next year if load factors remain strong.

Only question I have is that it says they are flying out of T2 because of customs. But there has to be more to it than that. AA/Frontier/Spirit all tow to C after dropping off in T2. No reason they can't either.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"The result, Hamm-Niebruegge said, was that Lufthansa, the carrier operating the Frankfurt flight, told airport officials it couldn't keep its gate in Terminal 1, as it did not have time to drop arriving passengers at Terminal 2, then tow to 1"

That makes more sense. If they have a bank they want to make. I still would be curious how much time it really adds to turn it around to C.

I am also still curious to see how they work the check in space. They basically have TSA pre and clear taking up all the room in front of the desk that WOW used so they are going to have to rework that all.

Paywalled, can you share who’s going to be on the flight? Curious to see if it’s anyone notable

I also wonder if they have a deal with the Wingtips lounge. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
Last edited by STLflyer on Tue May 31, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stlgph

Tue May 31, 2022 9:23 pm

A tow back out and over around to the other side of C could end up being a disruption of a half hour or so by the time you stop aircraft cleaning and stocking and take it all the way over, park it and continue. Lufthansa is really keen on their 1 hr 45 minute to 2 hour turn times and really busting their butts when there is a delay.

It will be interesting to talk to the flight crews and ask them how they spent their time in St. Louis and what part of town they end up staying in.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 9:27 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Paywalled, can you share who’s going to be on the flight? Curious to see if it’s anyone notable

I also wonder if they have a deal with the Wingtips lounge. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

This has some of the text not paywalled.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... c2d75e1e0a

The delegation on the first flight to Frankfurt is to include numerous executives, according to economic development group Greater St. Louis Inc.:

Hamm-Niebruegge
Melissa Agustin, vice president global affairs, Bayer
Nichole Bedford, external relations senior manager, Regional Arts Commission
Fred Bartelsmeyer, partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
Jared Boyd, chief of staff for St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones
Marilyn Bush, president, Bank of America St. Louis
Liane Constantine, executive director, University of Missouri-St. Louis Global
Rodney Crim, CEO, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Stephen Davis, strategic partnerships, St. Louis Development Corp.
Scott Drachnik, president and CEO, St. Charles Economic Development Council
Renee Franklin, chief diversity officer, Saint Louis Art Museum
Alex Frigo, general manager sales, Lufthansa
Josina Greene, giving strategist, St. Louis Community Foundation
Jason Hall, CEO, Greater St. Louis
Calvin Harris, chief of staff to St. Louis County Executive Sam Page
Tracy Hart, president and CEO, Tarlton
Mike Johnson, chef and owner, Sugarfire Smokehouse
Ron Jones, senior principal, Clayco
John Maupin, chairman, St. Louis County Port Authority
Mario Monsreal, director, Germany International Trade and Investment Office
Dan Mehan, president and CEO, Missouri Chamber of Commerce
Tim Nowak, Executive director, World Trade Center St. Louis
Boyd Pickup, director of operations, HEC Media
Kitty Ratcliffe, president, Explore St. Louis
Dennis Riggs, president, HEC Media
Ellen Riggs, HEC Media
Karla Roeber, vice president public and government affairs, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
Donn Rubin, president and CEO, BioSTL
Stella Sheehan, deputy director, World Trade Center St. Louis
Travis Sheridan, chief community officer, Wexford Science and Technology
Frank Terhorst, executive vice president strategy and sustainability, Bayer

STLflyer

Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

This has some of the text not paywalled.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... c2d75e1e0a

The delegation on the first flight to Frankfurt is to include numerous executives, according to economic development group Greater St. Louis Inc.:

Hamm-Niebruegge
Melissa Agustin, vice president global affairs, Bayer
Nichole Bedford, external relations senior manager, Regional Arts Commission
Fred Bartelsmeyer, partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
Jared Boyd, chief of staff for St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones
Marilyn Bush, president, Bank of America St. Louis
Liane Constantine, executive director, University of Missouri-St. Louis Global
Rodney Crim, CEO, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Stephen Davis, strategic partnerships, St. Louis Development Corp.
Scott Drachnik, president and CEO, St. Charles Economic Development Council
Renee Franklin, chief diversity officer, Saint Louis Art Museum
Alex Frigo, general manager sales, Lufthansa
Josina Greene, giving strategist, St. Louis Community Foundation
Jason Hall, CEO, Greater St. Louis
Calvin Harris, chief of staff to St. Louis County Executive Sam Page
Tracy Hart, president and CEO, Tarlton
Mike Johnson, chef and owner, Sugarfire Smokehouse
Ron Jones, senior principal, Clayco
John Maupin, chairman, St. Louis County Port Authority
Mario Monsreal, director, Germany International Trade and Investment Office
Dan Mehan, president and CEO, Missouri Chamber of Commerce
Tim Nowak, Executive director, World Trade Center St. Louis
Boyd Pickup, director of operations, HEC Media
Kitty Ratcliffe, president, Explore St. Louis
Dennis Riggs, president, HEC Media
Ellen Riggs, HEC Media
Karla Roeber, vice president public and government affairs, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
Donn Rubin, president and CEO, BioSTL
Stella Sheehan, deputy director, World Trade Center St. Louis
Travis Sheridan, chief community officer, Wexford Science and Technology
Frank Terhorst, executive vice president strategy and sustainability, Bayer

Good news: no one I know in a professional capacity

Bad news: A neighbor of my parents’ I’ll probably be forced to make small talk with.

PhilMcCrackin

Tue May 31, 2022 11:30 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
PhilMcCrackin wrote:
STLflyer wrote:

Typically crews are not stuck at the closest hotel to the airport. In fact, some airlines have agreements with pilots to specifically put them away from the airport. (We have a family member who’s a pilot for one of the big 3 legacies and they get placed in fairly nice hotels.) Kelsey from 74Gear has talked about this before and why crews are often put at hotels closer to the city center when possible.

Yes, the requirements are written into the crew contracts for layover hotels and they're typically pretty nice places.

reednavy

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 am

Just for those local, the chances are pretty high of approach/landing from the east tomorrow after morning convection.

I’m a forecaster at Scott AFB, so I’ll keep close tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:22 am

reednavy wrote:
Just for those local, the chances are pretty high of approach/landing from the east tomorrow after morning convection.

I’m a forecaster at Scott AFB, so I’ll keep close tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. I was wondering if I should have my ride to the airport take 270 or 170 since I’ll be en route to the airport right around the time it’s scheduled to land. Sounds like 170 it is!

LambertMan

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:35 am

Isn't 89% unusually high and would lead to a frequency increase immediately or have we missed the summer window and 3x is probably what it will run in winters?

Jshank83

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:50 am

LambertMan wrote:
Isn't 89% unusually high and would lead to a frequency increase immediately or have we missed the summer window and 3x is probably what it will run in winters?

Probably too late to increase it for summer. I’m just hoping for some kind of announcement tomorrow to go to 5x, maybe in spring.

I’ll worked my way to an invite for the event tomorrow for the flight so I’ll try to get some good pics of it to post.

stl07

Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:46 am

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:56 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34297393-post7.html

Looks like it was pretty uneventful in FRA, which isn't too surprising. This probably isn't a big deal over there. FRA has inaugurals all the time. This is much more important for STL.

Codasco

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:00 pm

STLflyer wrote:

Looks like it was pretty uneventful in FRA, which isn't too surprising. This probably isn't a big deal over there. FRA has inaugurals all the time. This is much more important for STL.

Other than departing an hour later than scheduled!

dcaproducer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:10 pm

How big is the FIS in T2? Can it handle a full A333 without backing up? I have never been through that facility.

BHMNONREV

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:17 pm

STLflyer wrote:

Happened to pass through FRA several years ago on a flight back to IAH when the AUS inaugural was taking place several gates down. They had several banners (SXSW and F1) and dignitaries in the gate area so they definitely figured it was a big deal. Guess our STL does not warrant the pomp and circumstance.. :)

Jshank83

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:42 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
How big is the FIS in T2? Can it handle a full A333 without backing up? I have never been through that facility.

They redid it a few years ago. There were pics up from the company who did the reno but I can't find them doing a quick search. I haven't gone thru it but I saw it when I did my global entry interview. It shouldn't be too bad. They handle a CUN A321 on Frontier every day and its only 25 seats less than the A330.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/lufthansa ... ct-europe/

Passengers will see some advantages when they fly into STL, too. The gate Lufthansa will use is near the airport’s customs and immigration facility, a 30-to-60-second walk, Hamm-Niebruegge said. Also, it will be the only flight using the facility at its scheduled 1:45 p.m. arrival time. She anticipates a maximum wait of 15 to 20 minutes for passengers without Global Entry on a “tough day.” Passengers who do have Global Entry can use the new additional kiosks.

Also confirmation of a lounge agreement

Lufthansa even inked a lounge agreement for departing premium-cabin passengers, who will be able to access the Wingtips Lounge in Terminal 2. (The lounge is also accessible via Priority Pass.)
Last edited by Jshank83 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:44 pm

dcaproducer wrote:

If they're the only plane using the FIS at the time, it should be fine. And if everything goes as scheduled, they'll be the only plane using it.

But if someone's late, and LH and one of WN's or F9's international flights arrive at the same time, it's going to get pretty crowded down there.

Jshank83

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Also interesting this say for LH to get full incentives they have to be operating 5-7 days a week.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... 3fd1658562

Greater St. Louis Inc. and the economic development partnership are each contributing up to $2.5 million. In order to take advantage of all of that, Lufthansa would have to operate 5-7 days a week.

jmy007

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:16 pm

KSDK-TV did a live shot/report this morning in front of the check in desks at T-2. It appears the Lufthansa sign on the back wall is nothing more than a cheaply produced banner. Assuming at some point this will become more permanent signage?

Jshank83

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:19 pm

jmy007 wrote:
KSDK-TV did a live shot/report this morning in front of the check in desks at T-2. It appears the Lufthansa sign on the back wall is nothing more than a cheaply produced banner. Assuming at some point this will become more permanent signage?

I think I also saw a line for first class but there is no first class.

But I sure hope something more permanent comes in. Maybe they will put a better sign on this first flight in.

TWA302

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:25 pm

jmy007 wrote:

Here is the video with the signage. https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/business-journal/st-louis-frankfurt-flight-terminal-2-not-terminal-1/63-f9c08491-7bbf-4bd1-b1a5-0cc2d75e1e0a I would bet they will have real signage coming soon.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Hopefully the real signage is in the belly of the A330.

LambertMan

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:06 pm

I noticed the same thing - it looks horrible. Even when we do things right we have a tendency to get it wrong. :)

stlgph

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Lufthansa, being 3 days per week for roughly 2.5 to 3 hours at a time is probably renting the counter space by the hour, hence the use of a banner for the time being.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Few random pics. Check in was a bit of a cluster but that’s to be expected.

https://imgur.com/a/lHhWLMF

I’ll leave the lounge and make my way over to the gate for some pics when the inbound gets closer.

TWA302

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:35 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Few random pics. Check in was a bit of a cluster but that’s to be expected.

https://imgur.com/a/lHhWLMF

I’ll leave the lounge and make my way over to the gate for some pics when the inbound gets closer.

Thanks. How hard is it to throw a LH logo into this monitor? Wow...

Last edited by TWA302 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STLflyer

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:39 pm

I know. I don’t have my contacts in and from a distance I thought they were repurposing a Delta screen.

Hopefully these are all bugs that get worked out and we look like a proper Lufthansa destination and not an airport that has a one off charter

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos