Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DeltaRules

Re: The Rest of Ohio Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 am

atbPy wrote:
B4REAL wrote:
Yesterday, I flew CMH-YYZ on Air Canada Express and had a chance to visit the Escape Lounge. It is bright, clean and has outstanding views to the East and the deicing pad.

The lounge is small, but it was not crowded for me. There are no bathrooms, but they are literally right next door. The drink selection looks good, the soup I had was good too. Funny thing, I heard the staff explaining entry rules to visitors, about half had it wrong LOL.

It's on par with other Escape Lounges. Good stuff for CMH!

I see that Delta Reserve cardholders can get in, if they are on a Delta ticket. I am curious as to if this causes any problems with TSA since it is on a different concourse.

IIRC, they get the equivalent of a gate pass to go to the lounge.

B4REAL

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:23 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
IIRC, they get the equivalent of a gate pass to go to the lounge.

Yes, I confirmed with an airport staffer that you can go to the Escape Lounge when flying airlines in A or C; but one would have to do security twice and allocate the right amount of time for transit & screening.

cmhman

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:14 pm

crjflyboy wrote:
CMHARJ wrote:
Does anyone know how Breeze has been in CMH? When they first arrived, there was this big fanfare and "new routes" that were going to be flown. I believe BDL was the only new one since the other cities were flown by other airlines. When I fly out of CMH, I never see their counter open, nor do I ever see their planes during final approach overhead.

Breeze to CHS next flight listed on Dec 16

Breeze to BDL next flight listed on Dec 20

Breeze to MSY next flight listed on Feb 03

Breeze to PBI next flight listed on Dec 16

That's all folks

Can't believe the State/CMH forked over money for that kind of service. WOW.

ChasChandler

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:35 pm

I missed my guess. I thought Gensler would have a presentation about our new terminal at todays CRAA meeting.

Manderson12

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 pm

cmhman wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:
CMHARJ wrote:
Does anyone know how Breeze has been in CMH? When they first arrived, there was this big fanfare and "new routes" that were going to be flown. I believe BDL was the only new one since the other cities were flown by other airlines. When I fly out of CMH, I never see their counter open, nor do I ever see their planes during final approach overhead.

That's all folks

I don't believe they forked over the money for this level of service. They gave it expecting that CMH would become a focus city like Hartford, Norfolk, and Charleston has become for Breeze. As of yet it has not materialized for CMH, but it could.

DeltaRules

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:55 pm

Anybody seeing any interesting upgauges for DL with the most recent schedule update? TPG has RDU-ATL getting a 763.

a320flyer

Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
Anybody seeing any interesting upgauges for DL with the most recent schedule update? TPG has RDU-ATL getting a 763.

It’s for the CDG route, CVG-ATL has been seeing it too.

Bentheswim11

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:24 am

[twoid][/twoid]
a320flyer wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

It’s for the CDG route, CVG-ATL has been seeing it too.

I think RDU’s has been more than just for a CDG feeder. I know they’ve been loving having only 1.5 hours as a turnaround time in Raleigh because of this, but the ATL flights have also been running at nearly full capacity. And for what it’s worth, RDU & CVG-CDG are changing to the 764 in March so it should be irrelevant

AirportRival

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Breeze has announced that it is adding SNA and PVD to its destination list from CVG. They will bee served 3x / week

flyCMH

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm

The PIT Discussion posted the link with what appears to be a pretty significant expansion by Breeze in time for Summer '23:

https://ishrionaviation.com/news/breeze ... con-routes

In addition to CVG-PVD/SNA 3x weekly, they will also start CMH-RDU/SNA 2x weekly. RDU begins 5/18 and SNA on 3/29.

According to the article, CMH-PVD also comes back next year and CMH-CHS bumps up to 3x weekly on 5/27. No new routes for CAK, but a pretty nice schedule increase with LAS going 3x weekly and TPA going 4 weekly effective 6/6 and 5/25, respectively.

CMHtraveler

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:32 pm

flyCMH wrote:
The PIT Discussion posted the link with what appears to be a pretty significant expansion by Breeze in time for Summer '23:

In addition to CVG-PVD/SNA 3x weekly, they will also start CMH-RDU/SNA 2x weekly. RDU begins 5/18 and SNA on 3/29.

According to the article, CMH-PVD also comes back next year and CMH-CHS bumps up to 3x weekly on 5/27. No new routes for CAK, but a pretty nice schedule increase with LAS going 3x weekly and TPA going 4 weekly effective 6/6 and 5/25, respectively.

Now this is interesting, and right on cue as we were just writing off Breeze at CMH. Do we think DL will re-add CMH-RDU in retaliation? Thoughts on SNA as potential LAX-area NK competition?

EDIT: Official CMH press release with start dates: https://newshub.columbusairports.com/st ... tid=Zxz2cZ

a320flyer

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:19 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:

Now this is interesting, and right on cue as we were just writing off Breeze at CMH. Do we think DL will re-add CMH-RDU in retaliation? Thoughts on SNA as potential LAX-area NK competition?

EDIT: Official CMH press release with start dates: https://newshub.columbusairports.com/st ... tid=Zxz2cZ

No chance DL will add it, they didn’t even respond to AA on CVG-RDU.

CMHtraveler

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:48 pm

a320flyer wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:

No chance DL will add it, they didn’t even respond to AA on CVG-RDU.

Thanks, I had no idea DL wasn’t operating CVG-RDU.

ibthebigd

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:50 pm

I think SAN would do better than SNA

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

flyCMH

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:23 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:

Seriously. I think we all were questioning what the future held for Breeze in CMH as well as that initial investment by local governments. Not sure if DL, or AA for that matter, are that worried about MX making an impact on CMH-RDU. At 2x weekly, and a midday departure, it's not entirely convenient for whatever business travel exists or will exist come next year. F9 tried the route a few years ago and it flopped almost immediately. So I doubt we'll see any retaliatory service as a result, though I'd love to see it. I think MX to SNA will complement NK's LAX service. There will likely be some crossover traffic if the price is right, but the LA market is enormous. I think this route can survive on those looking to go to Orange County and the southern part of the basin. Almost like MX seems to fare well to PBI despite stiff competition to FLL and AA in MIA. Now we just need a network carrier to resume LAX (looking at you, AA and DL!).

Perusing the schedule for Breeze, it looks like they'll be flying the following from CMH come June:

CHS: Mon/Fri/Sat E95 Dept. CMH @ 2125 Arr. CMH @ 0956
BDL: Mon/Fri E90 Dept. CMH @1330 Arr. CMH @ 1728
JAX: Mon/Fri E90 Dept. CMH @ 1805 Arr. CMH @ 1252
ORF: Mon/Fri E90 Dept. CMH @ 1615 Arr. CMH @ 1539
SNA: Wed/Sat 223 Dept. CMH @ 0940 Arr. CMH @ 1940
PVD: Wed/Sat 223 Dept. CMH @ 2015 Arr. CMH @ 0857
RDU: Thu/Sun E90 Dept. CMH @ 1350 Arr. CMH @ 1315
PBI Mon/Fri E95 Dept. CMH @ 1515 Arr. CMH @ 2049

Quite an ambitious schedule. It looks like routing will be PVD-CMH-SNA-CMH-PVD for the A223 and CHS-CMH-PBI-CMH-CHS for the E95. Hopefully Breeze can iron out all the issues that plagued their operation through the summer and continue to impact their reliability by then.

ncflyer

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Curious FlyCMH why you call it ambitious? It's 17 flights per week. . . is your criteria seats, number of destinations, "obscurity" of the destinations.

Incidentally I believe to serve these sorts of destinations to Northeast Ohio they need to be in CLE not CAK.

flyCMH

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:39 pm

I should've said the schedule expansion as a whole is ambitious. Reason being the difficulty they had in maintaining the schedule they had in place this past summer. There were a lot of issues to work through, from introducing a new aircraft type to finding people to fly the planes. They really have to have those problems solved if they want to increase flying by so much come summer 2023.

izbtmnhd

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:22 pm

ncflyer wrote:
Curious FlyCMH why you call it ambitious? It's 17 flights per week. . . is your criteria seats, number of destinations, "obscurity" of the destinations.

Incidentally I believe to serve these sorts of destinations to Northeast Ohio they need to be in CLE not CAK.

Agree. It's why CAK is get "meh" additional flights to TPA and LAS vs. the SNA adds.

Pairs like SNA-CAK aren't ever going to work. MX is locking themselves into a very limited amount of destinations by operating there. I guess they'll figure it out.

izbtmnhd

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:30 pm

flyCMH wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

Seriously. I think we all were questioning what the future held for Breeze in CMH as well as that initial investment by local governments. Not sure if DL, or AA for that matter, are that worried about MX making an impact on CMH-RDU. At 2x weekly, and a midday departure, it's not entirely convenient for whatever business travel exists or will exist come next year. F9 tried the route a few years ago and it flopped almost immediately. So I doubt we'll see any retaliatory service as a result, though I'd love to see it. I think MX to SNA will complement NK's LAX service. There will likely be some crossover traffic if the price is right, but the LA market is enormous. I think this route can survive on those looking to go to Orange County and the southern part of the basin. Almost like MX seems to fare well to PBI despite stiff competition to FLL and AA in MIA. Now we just need a network carrier to resume LAX (looking at you, AA and DL!).

Perusing the schedule for Breeze, it looks like they'll be flying the following from CMH come June:

Quite an ambitious schedule. It looks like routing will be PVD-CMH-SNA-CMH-PVD for the A223 and CHS-CMH-PBI-CMH-CHS for the E95. Hopefully Breeze can iron out all the issues that plagued their operation through the summer and continue to impact their reliability by then.

No MX operations on Tue, one flight on Thu and Sun, two flights on Wed. Outside of Mon and Fri not a whole lot going on. When does daily or even 5x/weekly service start for these destinations?

a320flyer

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:57 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
flyCMH wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

No MX operations on Tue, one flight on Thu and Sun, two flights on Wed. Outside of Mon and Fri not a whole lot going on. When does daily or even 5x/weekly service start for these destinations?

G4 starts most of their routes at 2-3x/week and then increases as demand warrants, some like CVG-VPS have seen up to 4x/day. I’d imagine MX will do a similar process, though it might go slower than G4 since they’re still new and don’t have the resources to ramp up as quickly.

DeltaRules

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:21 pm

flyCMH wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

I'd wondered about the timing of CMH-RDU for the reasons you stated. DL's flights were early morning departure/evening return and I'd heard were consistently packed.

Manderson12

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:31 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

Agree. It's why CAK is get "meh" additional flights to TPA and LAS vs. the SNA adds.

Pairs like SNA-CAK aren't ever going to work. MX is locking themselves into a very limited amount of destinations by operating there. I guess they'll figure it out.
CAK is getting extra flights to LAS and TPA. CLE doesn't have flights to SNA now, either F9 or NK could have added there if there was a market for it. And there is nothing stopping Breeze from entering CLE. Obviously, the cost of operating out of CLE is too prohibitive for Breeze just as it was for G-4. MX doesn't feel locked in at CAK as Neeleman has stated they could fly 20 routes out of CAK, they fly seven routes now, which is not bad.

jplatts

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 pm

Manderson12 wrote:
CLE doesn't have flights to SNA now, either F9 or NK could have added there if there was a market for it. And there is nothing stopping Breeze from entering CLE.

SNA has slot restrictions and limits on the number of annual passengers, and F9 or NK would have to cut other flights to add SNA-CLE nonstop service.

MX is also unlikely to see a similar competitive response by G4, DL, F9, or WN on CVG-SNA due to the SNA slot restrictions and limits on the number of annual passengers at SNA.

ncflyer

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:48 pm

Neeleman is a good salesperson, he won't admit choosing AKron was a mistake in public-- that's not a good way to drum up business. People who think Akron is a secondary airport for Cleveland or that it has enough population don't understand Northeast Ohio. CLE's costs are in line with plenty of airports that Breeze flies from. Penny wise pound foolish. Yes sure CLE is facing an expensive rebuild but CMH and PIT aren't?

jplatts

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:54 pm

ncflyer wrote:
Neeleman is a good salesperson, he won't admit choosing AKron was a mistake in public-- that's not a good way to drum up business. People who think Akron is a secondary airport for Cleveland or that it has enough population don't understand Northeast Ohio. CLE's costs are in line with plenty of airports that Breeze flies from. Penny wise pound foolish. Yes sure CLE is facing an expensive rebuild but CMH and PIT aren't?

The Akron-Canton area has a population of over 1.1 million people.

In addition to the amount of population that is there in the Akron-Canton area, there is also certainly a market for commercial flights out of CAK with CAK being located 51 miles south of Downtown Cleveland and CLE being located 63 miles from Downtown Canton.

crjflyboy

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:42 pm

cmhman wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:
CMHARJ wrote:

That's all folks

Is incredible they forked over anything with no strings attached any future announcement of Breeze expansions should be taken with a grain of salt ... the negative feedback continues on all social media platforms with flights cancelled, no phone numbers, no gate agents passengers stranded all across their route map.

Anyone else recall Neelemans' passenger bill of rights at Jet Blue when they had their fiasco ?

Manderson12

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:03 pm

crjflyboy wrote:
cmhman wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:

That's all folks

Is incredible they forked over anything with no strings attached any future announcement of Breeze expansions should be taken with a grain of salt ... the negative feedback continues on all social media platforms with flights cancelled, no phone numbers, no gate agents passengers stranded all across their route map.else recall Neelemans' passenger bill of rights at Jet Blue when they had their fiasco ?
And yet people continue to fly on Breeze and airports continue to line up for their services. And yet we continue to talk about them which genders up more curiosity and free publicity.

DeltaRules

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 pm

ncflyer wrote:

CAK has less competition and just finished an expensive rebuild.

boscmh

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:12 am

CMHtraveler wrote:

Well this is interesting

Selfishly, I'm happy to see RDU back in the cards - I think MX has a nice opportunity here to build its niche. 2x a week is not ideal but hopefully they can follow the G4 route of expanding service later on (and not the F9 route of cut and run back to the dartboard after a few weeks of spotty service)

SNA is more unexpected - I'm interested to see what the numbers for that route end up looking like. I think NK will be fine as they are the better known airline serving the better known airport. Still think we need a legacy carrier on LAX, and someone to take a chance on SAN - but more options to the west coast are always welcome IMO

jplatts

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:38 pm

AS adding CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop service are possibilities as
(a) PDX and SAN are two of the top markets traveled to from CVG that don't currently have any nonstop service from CVG,
(b) CVG will have a bigger oneworld presence than most of the other Midwestern markets after BA starts CVG-LHR nonstop service in June 2023,
(c) AS would be able to target the AA FF base in the CVG market (which will likely be bigger with BA starting CVG-LHR nonstop service) in addition to the FF bases that AS has in PDX and SAN if it adds CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop service,
(d) AA would likely add its code to AS's CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop flights if CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop service is added by AS,
(e) there would likely be additional connecting options available to Hawaii from CVG on oneworld in addition to those already offered from AA CVG-ORD/DFW/PHX and AS CVG-SEA if AS adds CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop service, and
(f) there would be connecting opportunities available onto AA CVG-DCA nonstop flights from AS CVG-SAN if AS adds CVG-SAN nonstop service (and DCA is a destination that AS cannot serve nonstop from SAN due to the DCA perimeter rule).

There is also some business travel between CVG and PDX to support AS CVG-PDX nonstop service with Kroger's Fred Meyer subsidiary being headquartered in Portland, OR.

Will AS take advantage of the opportunity that is there to add CVG-PDX/SAN nonstop service?

crjflyboy

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:12 am

Manderson12 wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:
cmhman wrote:

Is incredible they forked over anything with no strings attached any future announcement of Breeze expansions should be taken with a grain of salt ... the negative feedback continues on all social media platforms with flights cancelled, no phone numbers, no gate agents passengers stranded all across their route map.else recall Neelemans' passenger bill of rights at Jet Blue when they had their fiasco ?
And yet people continue to fly on Breeze and airports continue to line up for their services. And yet we continue to talk about them which genders up more curiosity and free publicity.

Not enough are flying them and those willing to book flights on their service are playing Russian roulette with their travel plans ... those on this forum will for the most part avoid them.

Breeze will go BK in 2023.

Manderson12

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:35 am

LOL..any airline that depends on forumers for their survival is already doomed. I am surprised that you give them hope to make it through 2022 with your dire prognostication. Do you know how many airlines flying today have filed for bankruptcy in the past, you have heard of Frontier, United, Air Canada, Delta and American, just to name a few right? Also, since you know how many people are flying on Breeze what is the numbers for October and November, many would really like to know. Waiting...

cmhman

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:43 pm

How does a Breezethru work? Do pax have to pick up and recheck luggage in CMH to/from PVD?

Trk1

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:09 pm

Has. jplatts ever been to the state of Ohio. subsidy is the only reasons for these flights. They will fail when it is done. CAK is done with major traffic flows

beertrucker

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:13 pm

Trk1 wrote:
Has. jplatts ever been to the state of Ohio. subsidy is the only reasons for these flights. They will fail when it is done. CAK is done with major traffic flows

So what does that mean? Is Ohio a bad state or something? Why even post a comment like this?

Manderson12

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:28 pm

beertrucker wrote:
Trk1 wrote:

So what does that mean? Is Ohio a bad state or something? Why even post a comment like this?
It's basically Cleveland forumers who are fixated on CAK and pray for it's demise.
They know that most Akron/Canton area fliers detest going to a faraway outdated CLE airport, and that if CAK can secure the right flights, those that do will gladly return to CAK.

ncflyer

Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:52 pm

manderson then why is CAK shrinking into nothing, are the airlines stupid to miss all those Akron Canton folks who detest going to Cleveland? As a reminder, no Spirit, no Southwest, no Delta, all pulled out. AA and UA keep reducing, 2 and 1 destinations left, respectively. The market must be speaking pretty clearly. When AirTran thrived at CAK it was Clevelanders driving south to avoid UA/CO's hub fares.

jplatts

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:03 pm

Trk1 wrote:

I have been to the state of Ohio many times as I have family in the Cincinnati area, and I have previously flown into CVG and DAY.

beertrucker

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Manderson12 wrote:
beertrucker wrote:
Trk1 wrote:

It's basically Cleveland forumers who are fixated on CAK and pray for it's demise.
They know that most Akron/Canton area fliers detest going to a faraway outdated CLE airport, and that if CAK can secure the right flights, those that do will gladly return to CAK.

I guess I just get a little defensive now a days since there are so much ohio is a bad state for anything attitude going around. He might not have meant it that way. just hard when you love where you’re from. Seeing all the good things happening here as in Intel and so on. But people still say there is not need for anything to happen from here.

Manderson12

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:20 pm

ncflyer wrote:
manderson then why is CAK shrinking into nothing, are the airlines stupid to miss all those Akron Canton folks who detest going to Cleveland? As a reminder, no Spirit, no Southwest, no Delta, all pulled out. AA and UA keep reducing, 2 and 1 destinations left, respectively. The market must be speaking pretty clearly. When AirTran thrived at CAK it was Clevelanders driving south to avoid UA/CO's hub fares.
Like I said, disgruntled Cle forumers nonsense. CAK has 17 destinations from 4 carriers, more destinations than at any time in their history, which will give them a good foundation to grow from. CAK has been in post - pandemic mode like every other airport, but they have increased passengers for the last two years. CLE lost Allegiant were de-hubbed by United, JetBlue have decreased service, and the expected expansion by Spirit is in serious doubt with their merger with JetBlue. So, all Ohio airports
are having to make adjustments, and hopefully CLE can rebound from a high of 13 million passenger's to a shrinking number now of about 8.8 million. We will see.

DeltaRules

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:45 am

cmhman wrote:
How does a Breezethru work? Do pax have to pick up and recheck luggage in CMH to/from PVD?

I've been under the impression it's a same-aircraft stopover. I looked at an A220 trip a couple months ago and it would've had a Breezethru in ORF(?).

NoTime

Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:54 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
cmhman wrote:

I've been under the impression it's a same-aircraft stopover. I looked at an A220 trip a couple months ago and it would've had a Breezethru in ORF(?).

From their site -

BreezeThru flights include a quick stop at an airport along the way to a destination.

Your reservation will have a single confirmation number for both segments.

Just hang out. There's no need to change planes or recheck bags.

Please stay on the plane during the stop. If you choose to get off, you'll need your boarding pass and ID to get back on.

jplatts

Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:17 pm

masseybrown wrote:
Honda has been outside Columbus how long? 30 years? With thousands of employees? And there is no discussion of Columbus transpac flights.

There are already plenty of 1-stop connecting options to Tokyo from CMH, including connecting options from CMH onto JL ORD-NRT/HND (from AA CMH-ORD), NH ORD-NRT/HND (from UA CMH-ORD), UA ORD-NRT/HND, DL DTW-HND, and DL MSP-HND.

In addition to the significant presence that Honda has in Central Ohio, there are also a few companies headquartered in the Columbus, OH metro area such as Abercrombie & Fitch and Wendy's that do business in Japan.

kachun

Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:46 pm

jplatts wrote:
masseybrown wrote:
Honda has been outside Columbus how long? 30 years? With thousands of employees? And there is no discussion of Columbus transpac flights.

There are already plenty of 1-stop connecting options to Tokyo from CMH, including connecting options from CMH onto JL ORD-NRT/HND (from AA CMH-ORD), NH ORD-NRT/HND (from UA CMH-ORD), UA ORD-NRT/HND, DL DTW-HND, and DL MSP-HND.

In addition to the significant presence that Honda has in Central Ohio, there are also a few companies headquartered in the Columbus, OH metro area such as Abercrombie & Fitch and Wendy's that do business in Japan.

As I frequent JL/NH CMH-ORD-NRT/HND, I would always take a hop to ORD for JL/NH flight with better service rather than BIG 3 US carriers direct from CMH. I don't see JL or NH taking chances on secondary market like CMH. I can see 7H (Northern Pacific) possibly running CMH-ANC-NRT/ICN/KIX if 7H ever starts flying.

ILNFlyer

Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Nice to see CVG getting the non-stop service to London.

beertrucker

Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:29 pm

kachun wrote:
jplatts wrote:
masseybrown wrote:

As I frequent JL/NH CMH-ORD-NRT/HND, I would always take a hop to ORD for JL/NH flight with better service rather than BIG 3 US carriers direct from CMH. I don't see JL or NH taking chances on secondary market like CMH. I can see 7H (Northern Pacific) possibly running CMH-ANC-NRT/ICN/KIX if 7H ever starts flying.

Me and my family fly to the Philippines from CMH almost every year. When DL flew to MNL we used to fly them every time. It was convenient and prices were low. Now that we have to connect with KE the prices are expensive. The last trip we took a few month ago we went through Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. We really enjoyed that flight. Even though it was through JFK. When we came back though we had a massive layover in ORD of like 13 hours. So I rented a car and drove back. We now are starting to look at ORD as our starting point and just driving there and back. It seems to be much cheaper then flying from CMH.

CMHtraveler

Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:09 pm

WN schedule extension for July and August 2023; no new routes for CMH (only 3 seasonal routes added network-wide) but a few more frequencies return. Here’s a Friday in July (7/14) snapshot with frequency and change from May (5/12), if any, in parentheses:

Daily:
ATL 3x
AUS 1x
BWI 2x
MDW 6x
DAL 1x
DEN 3x (+1)
FLL 1x
RSW 1x
HOU 1x
LAS 2x (+1)
BNA 2x
MCO 4x
PHX 1x
STL 2x
TPA 2x
DCA 1x

Seasonal/Less Than Daily:
CUN 1x Saturday Only
MYR 2x on Saturdays and 1x on Sundays in July (+3 weekly)
SRQ 2x on Saturdays and 1x on Sundays

flyCMH

Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:29 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
WN schedule extension for July and August 2023; no new routes for CMH (only 3 seasonal routes added network-wide) but a few more frequencies return. Here’s a Friday in July (7/14) snapshot with frequency and change from May (5/12), if any, in parentheses:

Daily:
ATL 3x
AUS 1x
BWI 2x
MDW 6x
DAL 1x
DEN 3x (+1)
FLL 1x
RSW 1x
HOU 1x
LAS 2x (+1)
BNA 2x
MCO 4x
PHX 1x
STL 2x
TPA 2x
DCA 1x

Seasonal/Less Than Daily:
CUN 1x Saturday Only
MYR 2x on Saturdays and 1x on Sundays in July (+3 weekly)
SRQ 2x on Saturdays and 1x on Sundays

Thanks for putting this together. I always find WN schedules tedious to put together from their site. Overall, I'm very happy with what WN has in store for service from CMH this summer. Of note is Chicago going back to 6x daily. The competition to ORD hasn't brought their level of frequencies up to that level yet, though UA is flying more mainline to ORD than it has in about a decade. AA also has CMH-ORD going to 7x daily in April, but that schedule isn't finalized. I wonder if AA and UA might bump their schedules up by a flight to at least match WN. Also can't believe WN will do 4x daily to MCO in the summer. That's going to be hard for any airline to complete with. I would've liked to see BWI with at least 3x daily service; it used to be on par with MDW as far as frequencies back in the day. I wonder how much of an impact WN doing MYR 2x weekly has on G4 service from LCK. It doesn't look like NK will be bringing back their flight anytime soon. As far as new destinations are concerned, I can't really see WN adding much of anything else from CMH. I'd love to see them do MCI, but apparently nothing new is coming from WN there until the new terminal is built. It'd be nice to have a nonstop back to MKE, but not sure how much interest WN has in that route. There were rumors swirling about CMH-LGA, but with business traffic still lagging, there's probably not much of a reason for WN to burn a slot on the route.

ChasChandler

Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Looks like the CRAA is reducing the number of board meetings from nine in 2022 to seven in 2023. I don't know if this means there really isn't enough to discuss or there's another reason.

https://columbusairports.com/about-us/l ... nd-minutes

izbtmnhd

Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:12 pm

Manderson12 wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

CAK is getting extra flights to LAS and TPA. CLE doesn't have flights to SNA now, either F9 or NK could have added there if there was a market for it. And there is nothing stopping Breeze from entering CLE. Obviously, the cost of operating out of CLE is too prohibitive for Breeze just as it was for G-4. MX doesn't feel locked in at CAK as Neeleman has stated they could fly 20 routes out of CAK, they fly seven routes now, which is not bad.

UA and NK fly direct to LAX, there's no point in them starting SNA. MX is using SNA as "LA" connectivity to these other cities. The odds of CAK-SNA is much lower than CLE-SNA. It's a secondary airport to secondary airport connection.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos