Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airboss787

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:07 pm

VTORD wrote:
airboss787 wrote:

Probably basing 1 aircraft each in BOM and BLR. I would assume there is a BOM-BLR coming and they may connect the other cities as well. The overlap between the 2 routes isn't too bad, so in case of issues, they may be able to move aircraft till they have some more scale in a few months.

Don't disagree but to me it just seems not very cost effective to have aircraft and crew based at two different airports right off the bat.

I totally agree. There probably is some more to come. I would think a BOM-BLR or AMD-COK kind of route to bridge the gap of the 2 sets of cities will be the next routes to come. Their second aircraft is on the way, so maybe adding some more stuff might happen.

2 distinct sets of cities with 1 aircraft each is a PR disaster waiting to happen. I do not think they can afford that at this point.

atal17

Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:19 am

If they were to remain a 2 aircraft operation, then it would probably be disastrous.

But if Akasa Air intends to have 2 new aircraft delivered every month, then this problem is unlikely to occur that much.

airboss787

Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:42 am

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 137035.cms

As I predicted, BOM-BLR is next. At 4 daily flights, having 1 base each in BOM and BLR is suddenly more feasible and they can go grow each of these as they receive more planes.

EDIT: It seems it is 2x daily. The news media can't seem to get it right.
https://www.akasaair.com/fly-with-akasa/our-network

VTORD

Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:41 pm

airboss787 wrote:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/akasa-air-offers-direct-flights-from-bengaluru-to-mumbai/articleshow/93137035.cms

As I predicted, BOM-BLR is next. At 4 daily flights, having 1 base each in BOM and BLR is suddenly more feasible and they can go grow each of these as they receive more planes.

EDIT: It seems it is 2x daily. The news media can't seem to get it right.
https://www.akasaair.com/fly-with-akasa/our-network

You're the man (I assume)!! :D
The schedule lines up pretty well with a 0:45 gap between flights on average

pune

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:12 pm

DIJKKIJK wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

It's strange that Indigo flight attendants are claiming "sick" leave when they are not sick. How can Indigo allow this to happen? Don't they ask for a doctor's note?

I posted this on the Indian Aviation forum, since this also involves Indigo.

In India, one can get a doctor's note for any illness of one's choice despite being fit as a fiddle. There are many doctors who will happily give it..

I doubt you are of Indian origin or have ever lived in India if you aren't aware of even this much? :lol:

Differs from person-to-person and case to case and how serious things are. If it's a one-day thing, for sure most doctors will do it.

If it's like getting a certificate for hearing disabled or something more serious, then they won't do it without a proper checkup (unless they are corrupt.)

pune

Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:20 pm

There have been all sorts of technical snags that have been occuring in Indian aircraft over the last two weeks. I am surprised that nobody has even reported them herein. The situation is so bad that an article tries to blame all the issues to 2008.

https://punemirror.com/news/india/What% ... 104733.htm

My sense is pretty different. As a passenger, I had the best experience from 2009 to 2014. Due to intense competition, prices were low and it seemed that the party will go on for years. Every week or month we used to hear about the possibility of new pairs or new Airports or something. Demonetization, GST, and the pandemic just worsened the situation. Now aircraft trips are more expensive and delay-prone :(

pune

Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:19 pm

First, they said no, now yeah, now Alliance Air to be sold. The excuses they come up with each time, this is getting old :(

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 148121.cms

VTORD

Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:51 pm

Air India has put out a tender for the sale of 3 B777-200LR. Last date for submission of bids is August 16th 2022.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Tender-for-Sale-of-B777-FINAL-27Jul22.pdf

https://www.airindia.in/tender-documents.htm

airboss787

Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:25 pm

VTORD wrote:
Air India has put out a tender for the sale of 3 B777-200LR. Last date for submission of bids is August 16th 2022.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.airindia.in/images/pdf/Tender-for-Sale-of-B777-FINAL-27Jul22.pdf

If Air India do phase out all their 777s in the near future for A350s, it would be a very sad day for Indian Aviation. These aircraft have been a workhorse of the fleet and the aircraft looks very sharp and smart in AI colors.

airboss787

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:33 am

pune wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
VTORD wrote:

If Air India do phase out all their 777s in the near future for A350s, it would be a very sad day for Indian Aviation. These aircraft have been a workhorse of the fleet and the aircraft looks very sharp and smart in AI colors.

Don't thnk they have any choice in the matter. With the issues that came up with the Boeing 737 and the resulting work culture, toxicity and whatnot unearthed at Boeing, a whole lot that is still suppressed, people have just no choice but to now going with Airbus. The only issue is till what time Airbus can take orders, the last I checked, they were overbooked for a decade. When and how they will make time to deliver stuff to AI/Tata on time.

What's more interesting to me is what the Chinese are doing. While both America and Europe have over a century of plane-building, now comes China with its C919. While it can't rival either of the planes or the history, but if they continue the way they are. sooner rather than later we may have a third contender. Right now, it does look weak but still.

I am sorry, but what are you even talking about? Are you saying all the airlines in the world are going to ditch Boeing because of the toxic work culture there? The 737 issues have not been found on any 777s, so that point is moot. About your point of everyone going to Airbus, how do you think that is even possible or achievable? They cant just make time for Tata, unless there are open slots.

Like you said yourself, the Chinese planes are nowhere near competing with Airbus and Boeing. It is not like Boeing is packing up their bags because of the issues you mentioned, which are definitely true, but not something that is going to bankrupt the company or airlines boycotting them. The 50-50 split will be back in a few years.

FligtReporter

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:43 pm

Im so happy that finally India has direct connectivity to Vietnam especially from both DEL and BOM and soon frm BLR,AMD by Vietjet !!

Having been to Thailand already I cant wait to explore Vietnam, had always wanted to go there however due to its cumbersome Visa Policy on top of No Direct connectivity fron Delhi always forced me to give it a pass however,Now India is among the list of 80 Evisa Eligible countries along with UAE,US,Canada etc which makes the visa process so easy and streamlined that I had to book my flight right away !

Now the best part about VietJet's network is that not only they connect Hanoi,Ho Chi Minh City but also Danang and the Island of Phu Quoc that I had always wanted to visit and with these flights Id be able to fulfill my dream sooner than later !!

Hope Vietnam Airlines also deploys atleast to one city most suitably DEL to both SGN and HAN though they have services now but I dont see their flights for nedt year whereas Vietjets' are bookable till march next year.

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:50 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Im so happy that finally India has direct connectivity to Vietnam especially from both DEL and BOM and soon frm BLR,AMD by Vietjet !!

Having been to Thailand already I cant wait to explore Vietnam, had always wanted to go there however due to its cumbersome Visa Policy on top of No Direct connectivity fron Delhi always forced me to give it a pass however,Now India is among the list of 80 Evisa Eligible countries along with UAE,US,Canada etc which makes the visa process so easy and streamlined that I had to book my flight right away !

Now the best part about VietJet's network is that not only they connect Hanoi,Ho Chi Minh City but also Danang and the Island of Phu Quoc that I had always wanted to visit and with these flights Id be able to fulfill my dream sooner than later !!

Hope Vietnam Airlines also deploys atleast to one city most suitably DEL to both SGN and HAN though they have services now but I dont see their flights for nedt year whereas Vietjets' are bookable till march next year.

Agreed, Vietnam is a fantastic destination and very cost effective as well. Hopefully more South-East Asian countries will liberalise their visa policies for Indian citizens.

VTORD

Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:01 pm

airboss787 wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Yes. They do look sharp in that livery.
So SFO has to go all B77W. I know there are 3(?) 77Ws which are not in service though I don't recall if the one that flew to SIN for refit is included in that count. 2 I think are in NAG.

airboss787

Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:12 pm

VTORD wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Yes. They do look sharp in that livery.
So SFO has to go all B77W. I know there are 3(?) 77Ws which are not in service though I don't recall if the one that flew to SIN for refit is included in that count. 2 I think are in NAG.

I think they will make sure that the new aircraft come in before the 77Ls are offloaded. These sale processes will take months usually, so I believe they aren't leaving just yet. At current schedules, they don't have 3 77Ws to use for that service without cutting some service somewhere else or ungrounding the planes that are out of service currently. They have VT-ALL, -ALO, -ALP grounded. Not sure when and if they plan to bring them back. -ALS was in SIN and is now back in BOM. I assume it'll enter service in a few days. On that note, do you know if they have gone in for refurbishment as in, sprucing up or a new product?

As was mentioned in another thread, tomorrow is JRD Tata's birthday. Definitely a good time to showcase a vision and some orders for the future. Another date floated is Aug 15th. No idea if either is true.

FligtReporter

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Malayil wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Agreed, Vietnam is a fantastic destination and very cost effective as well. Hopefully more South-East Asian countries will liberalise their visa policies for Indian citizens.

Acrually Vietnam was the only one which had the trickiest Visa Policy among all of South east Asian Countries given we can travel to Malaysia,Singapore,Thailand,Myanmar,Laos,Cambodia,Indonesia on VOA/Evisa etc and now thankfully Vietnam is in that list.

Also Its not just for Indians but also for the US,Aussies,Kiwis,Canadians and almost all of south americans it was very hassling to go through third party Travel agencies and pay them their demanded processing fee for that "Pre approved visa Letter" and then on top of that we had to pay 25 USD again on arrival to get our visas stamped on the Passport it was a big pain in the butt.

Even after Evisas being launched for 80 Countries all countries of Africa,Turkey,Saudi etc will stil have to apply through the travel agency via "Pre approved Visa letter " or the embassy/Consulate.

With Evisa its just a lot lot easier and instead of Thailand Indian tourists could visit much cheaper and less crowded Phu quoc and other beautiful destinations in Vietnam.
Last edited by FligtReporter on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malayil

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:48 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Malayil wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Acrually Vietnam was the only one which had the trickiest Visa Policy among all of South east Asian Countries given we can travel to Malaysia,Singapore,Thailand,Myanmar,Laos,Cambodia,Indonesia on VOA/Evisa etc and now thankfully Vietnam is in that list.

Also Its not just for Indians but also for the US,Aussies,Kiwis,Canadians and almost all of south americans it was very hassling to go through third party Travel agencies and pay them their emanded processing fee for that "Pre approved visa Letter" and then on top of that we had to pay 25 USD again on arrival to get our visas stamped on the Passport it was a big pain in the butt.

Even after Evisas being launched for 80 Countries all countries of Africa,Turkey,Saudi etc will stil have to apply through the travel agency via "Pre approved Visa letter " or the embassy/Consulate.

With Evisa its just a lot lot easier and instead of Thailand Indian tourists could visit much cheaper and less crowded Phu quoc and other beautiful destinations in Vietnam.

At least for British and American citizens the E-visa facility has been around for at least 5 years. Interesting regarding Singapore and Malaysia, I thought they were quite strict with entry for Indian citizens? Is it just filling out a form online or do you need to provide supporting documents to get the E-visa?

FligtReporter

Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm

Malayil wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Malayil wrote:

Also Its not just for Indians but also for the US,Aussies,Kiwis,Canadians and almost all of south americans it was very hassling to go through third party Travel agencies and pay them their emanded processing fee for that "Pre approved visa Letter" and then on top of that we had to pay 25 USD again on arrival to get our visas stamped on the Passport it was a big pain in the butt.

At least for British and American citizens the E-visa facility has been around for at least 5 years. Interesting regarding Singapore and Malaysia, I thought they were quite strict with entry for Indian citizens? Is it just filling out a form online or do you need to provide supporting documents to get the E-visa?

Actually for British citizens its VISA EXEMPT for 15 or so days its one of the 25 VISA EXEMPT Countries but yeah for Americans the Evisa was launched a few years ago juat before covid hit and at that time it was just 40 Countries in that list but now India and many of South American countries have been added too and India being the only South asian nation to be eligible for Evisa and UAE and Qatar the only mid east country.

And about Malaysia and Singapore then for Malaysia its very easy you have to create an account on their evisa website and then upload the biodate page of your passport and a photo and ur flight tickets,Hotel booking etc and fill up details and you get your Eviaa within few days and for Singapore you could apply through Authorised travel agency in India and usually it doesnt require any documents just photo and scanned biodate page of passport but it varries from agency to agency.

I personally prefer the Vietnam,Malaysia,Sri Lanka,Myanmar,Uzbekistan,South Africa like ETA or Evisa where we just upload a photo and biodata page and other details and do thr payment to get your Evisa within days and you are good to Go !

This Singapore thing is not too good

VTORD

Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:24 am

airboss787 wrote:

I think they will make sure that the new aircraft come in before the 77Ls are offloaded. These sale processes will take months usually, so I believe they aren't leaving just yet. At current schedules, they don't have 3 77Ws to use for that service without cutting some service somewhere else or ungrounding the planes that are out of service currently. They have VT-ALL, -ALO, -ALP grounded. Not sure when and if they plan to bring them back. -ALS was in SIN and is now back in BOM. I assume it'll enter service in a few days. On that note, do you know if they have gone in for refurbishment as in, sprucing up or a new product?

As was mentioned in another thread, tomorrow is JRD Tata's birthday. Definitely a good time to showcase a vision and some orders for the future. Another date floated is Aug 15th. No idea if either is true.

I don't know the answer to that question but I am assuming it's just a sprucing up. I am pretty sure they would have publicized a new product by now.

Based on the wording in the tender, it seems like 15th August (closing date of the tender) is a strong candidate for a splashy announcement with a Diwali-time entry into service for new aircraft to coincide with the Winter schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if SFO is now considered the new "flagship" route.

yashk

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:45 pm

VTORD wrote:
airboss787 wrote:

I don't know the answer to that question but I am assuming it's just a sprucing up. I am pretty sure they would have publicized a new product by now.

Based on the wording in the tender, it seems like 15th August (closing date of the tender) is a strong candidate for a splashy announcement with a Diwali-time entry into service for new aircraft to coincide with the Winter schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if SFO is now considered the new "flagship" route.

I am highly confident that the seats and interior fits from the 2 77Ws flying for the PM/ President are going to be put in to VT-ALS and another 77W. AI pre acquisition had planned on doing that since they have been sitting on new seats for 2 77Ws for a long time.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... 4kDsK.html

9w748capt

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Any idea what AI's premium cabins will look like on their new widebodies? They need to step it up from that 2-3-2 nonsense in J. Plenty of affluent Indians who would pay for an actual J product, so it would behoove AI to step up their game.

hohd

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:52 pm

sand26391 wrote:
United closes SFO BLR and SFO DEL reservations until late March 2023

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220722-uanw22sfoin

Golden opportunity for AI to increase flights on the SFO-DEL and EWR-BOM routes and to start SFO-BLR and explore new routes - DEL-LAX (AI used to fly this earlier) or SFO-HYD or ORD-BOM. This Russian airspace restriction will be there for atleast 2 to 3 years, so UA is out of the picture unless they do one stops.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/spic ... 14431.html

News about Spicejet again. How is this airline still flying with all these issues. With Akasa starting up, this could be real nail in the coffin for Spicejet.

sand26391

Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Very likely that's going to happen, someone told me EWR/JFK-BLR is possible without flying over RU, cannot confirm if that's true. If yes, then it's an opportunity for AI or UA/AA to operate East Coast -BLR/HYD or even MAA.
If no, then that's hard luck.
There's a strong possibility of Finnair starting BLR ops around mid to late 2023 to tap those 1 stop US connections. Hopefully AI will restart SFO BLR/ ORD HYD once they get some "newer" A350s.

hohd

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Very likely that's going to happen, someone told me EWR/JFK-BLR is possible without flying over RU, cannot confirm if that's true. If yes, then it's an opportunity for AI or UA/AA to operate East Coast -BLR/HYD or even MAA.
If no, then that's hard luck.
There's a strong possibility of Finnair starting BLR ops around mid to late 2023 to tap those 1 stop US connections. Hopefully AI will restart SFO BLR/ ORD HYD once they get some "newer" A350s.

If BOM-EWR requires a fuel stop without flying over Russia (and US carriers also avoid Iran too), then surely BLR-EWR also will require one and so UA is out for now. UA can fly the reverse direction without fuel stop (EWR-BOM), but not from India. AI does not have any restrictions from flying over Russia so they can fly to from US city to any Indian city as long the aircraft has the range.

Finnair has to avoid Russian air space (and may be Ukraine too, if the war continues to next year) which is like threading a needle to reach BLR. Not sure if it is worth the extra effort.

VTORD

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am

yashk wrote:

I am highly confident that the seats and interior fits from the 2 77Ws flying for the PM/ President are going to be put in to VT-ALS and another 77W. AI pre acquisition had planned on doing that since they have been sitting on new seats for 2 77Ws for a long time.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... 4kDsK.html

Looks like VT-ALS is back in business, doing NA - India last few days.

sand26391 wrote:

hohd wrote:
Finnair has to avoid Russian air space (and may be Ukraine too, if the war continues to next year) which is like threading a needle to reach BLR. Not sure if it is worth the extra effort.

Was checking for a friend couple of months ago and AY was very competitive on SEA-DEL. From what I could tell on FR24, they were going south but were just skirting Crimea which I thought was odd but now they are staying even more south.

sand26391

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:19 am

Also was told the Indian Cargo airline QUIKJET is looking to restart Freighter ops before March next year. Any idea regarding this?

YOW787

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Hello
Does anybody know if Air India will bring back the 77W to LHR?
I'm a bit confused why they are not doing so because they are leasing an extra 6 77Ws, and the high yield routes from BOM and DEL are currently operated using 788s which have less capacity than the 77W.
Thanks

Spiderguy252

Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 am

YOW787 wrote:
Hello
I'm a bit confused why they are not doing so because they are leasing an extra 6 77Ws, and the high yield routes from BOM and DEL are currently operated using 788s which have less capacity than the 77W.
Thanks

AI is in a state of flux at the moment - I suppose it's impossible to guess what will happen in the coming months. 77Ws on BOM/DEL-LHR make sense.

avier

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:13 am

Akasa Air commenced ops on 7th August, from BOM-AMD. Yesterday, on 12th Aug they started their second route connecting BLR-COK. This will follow with BOM-BLR, BLR-AMD, BOM-MAA and BLR-MAA, over the next month.
https://m.economictimes.com/industry/tr ... 403970.cms

With the removal of the 15-day rolling fare caps, fares have already cooled off. And on routes with Akasa flying, they've gone to pre-pandemic levels of rock bottom fares.
https://www.livemint.com/news/govt-to-r ... 66596.html

portola2727

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:42 am

YOW787 wrote:
Hello
Thanks

It looks like those 77W's are mostly brought out to expand US/NA operations. AI has been looking to expand to other cities in the United States for a while now and all reports seem to show that those leased 77W's are for US operations. US-India demand is at an all time high right now as more travel fever from the past two years is peaking like hell.

DTWLAX

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:18 am

hohd wrote:

Why not? Aircraft range is not an issue from Europe to BLR. Yes, AY will have to take a longer route avoiding Russia and Ukraine, but can still get to BLR.

DTWLAX

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:22 am

Owner of India's newest airline Akasa Air, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passed away. He was 62.
Sad he could not get to see his airline grow.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation ... 87497.html

pune

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:21 am

DTWLAX wrote:
Owner of India's newest airline Akasa Air, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passed away. He was 62.
Sad he could not get to see his airline grow.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation ... 87497.html

Yup, there are actually questions about whether the airline would survive at all. After all, he was supposed to be the main funder of the airline. After him, would the young blood throw money or throw in the towel? Have no clue. Usually in the corporate world, there is succession planning, that usually lasts a decade. Would be interesting to see what happens now.

FligtReporter

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:44 am

Vietnam is considering VISA EXEMPTION for Indians though India is already in the list of E-Visa eligible countries but I think VISA EXEMPTION would be a great step towards getting more and more Indians to travel to Vietnam thankfully now which is more convinient given direct connectivity with Vietjet and Vietnam Airlines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ampe.vnexp ... 98465.html

Vietnam is much more cheaper than Thailand has great and unspoilt beaches compared to trash filled and over crowded beaches of Thailand and I feel with Visa Free entry it would be top holiday destination for Indians in SEA.

Malayil

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:10 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Vietnam is considering VISA EXEMPTION for Indians though India is already in the list of E-Visa eligible countries but I think VISA EXEMPTION would be a great step towards getting more and more Indians to travel to Vietnam thankfully now which is more convinient given direct connectivity with Vietjet and Vietnam Airlines.

Vietnam is much more cheaper than Thailand has great and unspoilt beaches compared to trash filled and over crowded beaches of Thailand and I feel with Visa Free entry it would be top holiday destination for Indians in SEA.

100% agree. Vietnam is much better than Thailand.

sand26391

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:25 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

This is great news. With the massive addition of VietJet into the Indian market, this will help the India-Vietnam numbers go up. Especially in the peak Q4, if you see the fares, they are actually quiet cheap from many of the routes announced.
The most interesting route which I am looking forward to is, Da Nang. SGN and HAN are known to Indian tourists, DAD-India will be an interesting route and what I am looking forward to is IF at all 6E will add any capacity to Vietnam from BOM/DEL/HYD/BLR and MAA (If bilaterals allow).

FligtReporter

Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:02 pm

sand26391 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

This is great news. With the massive addition of VietJet into the Indian market, this will help the India-Vietnam numbers go up. Especially in the peak Q4, if you see the fares, they are actually quiet cheap from many of the routes announced.
The most interesting route which I am looking forward to is, Da Nang. SGN and HAN are known to Indian tourists, DAD-India will be an interesting route and what I am looking forward to is IF at all 6E will add any capacity to Vietnam from BOM/DEL/HYD/BLR and MAA (If bilaterals allow).

I agree Indian LCCs must exploit this highly potential market having been to Thailand already and seen how the beaches and almost all of it has been spoilt by over crowded tourists Vietnam does seem to be a great option.

I will be flying to Phu Quoc Island next month as Vietjet is commencing direct flights from DEL to PQC as soon as the flights were announced I booked it right away and the best part of all is that Vietjet is offering dirt cheap prices .You wont believe if I told you I got my return tickets DEL-PQC-DEL in just 9500 INR. ;) the flight time between DEL and PQC is 4 Hrs 50 Min so almost 5 Hours and even though we still need to get an Evisa but I have to say its still better to pay 2000 bucks and get the Evisa than getting the Pre approved visa letter which is more costly and you have to have your accomodations booked in advance or the embassy visa so Im glad that if not visa exempt yet India is in the eligible list of Evisa countries.

As of now India,US,Canada,Aus,NZ,Mexico,UAE are in Evisa eligible countries but with great response since the reopening there are news floating that soon all these countries could be added on VISA EXEMPT countries which already includes UK,Italy,Russia,Japan,South Korea etc.

Also to all those planning to fly to Vietnam make sure you enter the Port of Entry as the Airport you will fly direct into because Vietnam has this very strict entry policy pertaining to visa and a lot of people have been denied boarding for this mistake lately so If you have mentioned port of entry as Ho chi Minh in your Evisa then make sure you buy a ticket for flight that lands directly into HCM as your first port of entry irrespective of the transits you take if you buy a ticket for Da Nang and have HCM mentioned on your Evisa then the airline will deny you boarding.

FligtReporter

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm

A very Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians..Im super proud of all that we have achieved as a nation so far and speaking about our aviation sector then we are marching ahead at full pace towards a brighter and better future.I hope we get more and more unique and new airlines connecting India to the world.

In last one year we have seen new connections and flights like UA's ORD sector which i believe now is a daily flight also Air Canada's YUL sector with the addition of American Airlines back to India.I hear AC is planning to resume YVR-DEL from October this year but not sure if it will happen.The latest this year in the list is ofocrse Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet entering into India with a bang of cheap tickets and myriads of connections both in Vietnam and India making India the only country in West/Central/South Asia to be connected directly to Vietnam with daily flights.I hope we keep gettng closer to the rest of the world in coming years.

portola2727

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:29 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
A very Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians..Im super proud of all that we have achieved as a nation so far and speaking about our aviation sector then we are marching ahead at full pace towards a brighter and better future.I hope we get more and more unique and new airlines connecting India to the world.

In last one year we have seen new connections and flights like UA's ORD sector which i believe now is a daily flight also Air Canada's YUL sector with the addition of American Airlines back to India.I hear AC is planning to resume YVR-DEL from October this year but not sure if it will happen.The latest this year in the list is ofocrse Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet entering into India with a bang of cheap tickets and myriads of connections both in Vietnam and India making India the only country in West/Central/South Asia to be connected directly to Vietnam with daily flights.I hope we keep gettng closer to the rest of the world in coming years.

We definitely will. New AI seems to be willing to expand to new destinations instead of just increasing frequencies to destinations like LHR. Can't wait to see the AI tail at LAX.

FligtReporter

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:23 pm

portola2727 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

We definitely will. New AI seems to be willing to expand to new destinations instead of just increasing frequencies to destinations like LHR. Can't wait to see the AI tail at LAX.

Would Love to see AI at LAX also Im sure AI can add Houston or Dallas too.If not AI then I wouldnt mind UA or AA to newer destinations in the US also in India and not just be limited to DEL like HYD or BLR or even MAA would be good but given the Russian Airspace issue is still a hot situation I dont see American cariers would be keen on such ambitious expansion risking loses due to high fuel prices etc but still plausible for AI.

Malayil

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:07 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
portola2727 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Would Love to see AI at LAX also Im sure AI can add Houston or Dallas too.If not AI then I wouldnt mind UA or AA to newer destinations in the US also in India and not just be limited to DEL like HYD or BLR or even MAA would be good but given the Russian Airspace issue is still a hot situation I dont see American cariers would be keen on such ambitious expansion risking loses due to high fuel prices etc but still plausible for AI.

Those type of flights will not come through anytime soon. We will only see expansion on Indian metal. The Russia-Ukraine situation looks like its going to last for the long-term.

TEMPO

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:16 am

Emirates A380s to Bengaluru in October. A first for BLR.

https://simpleflying.com/emirates-airbu ... u-flights/

manny

Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:27 pm

Any idea when the 6 777's that Air India was leasing might join the fleet ? And what routes were they planning ?

airboss787

Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:08 pm

manny wrote:
Any idea when the 6 777's that Air India was leasing might join the fleet ? And what routes were they planning ?

On a side note, what about Vistara's 787? Is it one of the ones built for them because the media made it seem they are leasing another one. But my guess is it is one of the ones already built for them. VT-TSH/N/O. It would need to be delivered in 4-6 weeks to be able to contribute to the increased service eff Winter 2023.

hohd

Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:54 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
portola2727 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

AI was in LAX more than 10 years ago then withdrew. Perhaps this time would be better as passengers are preferring nonstops. For both AA and UA the Russian airspace restriction is a big deterrent. I dont say any way out for atleast 1 or 2 years. Will UA keep the BOM and SFO flights suspended till then ? For any new routes or even expanding existing routes only AI can do it, but Tata is taking it slow for some reason.

AirIndia

Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:40 am

hohd wrote:
AI was in LAX more than 10 years ago then withdrew. Perhaps this time would be better as passengers are preferring nonstops. For both AA and UA the Russian airspace restriction is a big deterrent. I dont say any way out for atleast 1 or 2 years. Will UA keep the BOM and SFO flights suspended till then ? For any new routes or even expanding existing routes only AI can do it, but Tata is taking it slow for some reason.

Was that the 747 service?

Spiderguy252

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:00 am

AirIndia wrote:
hohd wrote:

Was that the 747 service?

Was it not BOM-DEL-FRA-LAX? At one time in 2004/2005, the 744 in question suffered a burst tyre on takeoff which was videographed IIRC.

VTORD

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:01 pm

airboss787 wrote:
manny wrote:

On a side note, what about Vistara's 787? Is it one of the ones built for them because the media made it seem they are leasing another one. But my guess is it is one of the ones already built for them. VT-TSH/N/O. It would need to be delivered in 4-6 weeks to be able to contribute to the increased service eff Winter 2023.

Dreamliner #3 is leased according to the press release on Vistara's website.

airboss787

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:48 pm

VTORD wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
manny wrote:

Dreamliner #3 is leased according to the press release on Vistara's website.

Thanks. I missed that. There are currently only 3 that are in Vistara’s livery. So it would be interesting to see where it is coming from. Used or new and seeing that there are very few deliveries happening right now, probably a used one. The bird would probably be expected in 4 weeks.

avier

Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Spiderguy252 wrote:

Was it not BOM-DEL-FRA-LAX? At one time in 2004/2005, the 744 in question suffered a burst tyre on takeoff which was videographed IIRC.

It was BOM-FRA-LAX I suppose. AI hub was BOM then, and most such long hauls were from BOM. They even had a BOM-CDG-US flight, I don't where in US though, I think NYC. I remember my family flying CDG-BOM leg on the AI 744 and saying it was full of desi's returning from US.

bostrv

Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:34 pm

avier wrote:
Spiderguy252 wrote:

It was BOM-FRA-LAX I suppose. AI hub was BOM then, and most such long hauls were from BOM. They even had a BOM-CDG-US flight, I don't where in US though, I think NYC. I remember my family flying CDG-BOM leg on the AI 744 and saying it was full of desi's returning from US.

It was BOM-CDG-EWR

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos