Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bloxomo

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:37 pm

airlineworker wrote:
HVN terminal plans on hold as East Haven mayor says no. https://patch.com/connecticut/easthaven ... east-haven

Interesting that the mayor brought up the $10M/yr increase in payment in lieu of taxes over the next five years that Yale has promised to New Haven. What is the tax situation for HVN? The land is owned by New Haven, so not subject to property tax? But wouldn't East Haven get a lot of tax revenue from having parking and whatever new shops come with the terminal moved over to their side of the property?

Edit -- I guess nothing comes from the terminal and parking, since CT towns aren't allowed to impose their own sales tax?

bdlflyer

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:00 pm

lat41 wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
Milestones at HVN….Avelo operated its 1000th flight since starting service in November, and has surpassed 100,000 passengers. Service between HVN and PBI yesterday saw its 100th flight since starting service in December…and since that time has seen 20,000 passengers! It will be interesting to see how many passengers will have flown out of HVN after a full year….I can believe the airport may have one of, if not the largest increase in passengers in the country.

Although the BDL people brush this aside as irrelevant, I don't know how this rush of new service cannot be at least nibbling at the Southern end of the BDL territory though HVN largely draws from other airports in the region.

I agree. I would say that the advantage BDL currently has over HVN aside from a decent amount of service from the legacy and low-cost carriers are the carrier options and frequency schedule-wise to some of the destinations served from HVN by Avelo. Not that really matters if folks are more into the convenience of HVN. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Breeze ramping up at BDL.

lat41

Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:00 pm

Perhaps some good spotting at HVN during the busy weekend leading up to Easter and April school vacation watching some heavy "pedal to the metal" takeoffs. So it's all one livery......

airlineworker

Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:34 am

bdlflyer wrote:
lat41 wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
Milestones at HVN….Avelo operated its 1000th flight since starting service in November, and has surpassed 100,000 passengers. Service between HVN and PBI yesterday saw its 100th flight since starting service in December…and since that time has seen 20,000 passengers! It will be interesting to see how many passengers will have flown out of HVN after a full year….I can believe the airport may have one of, if not the largest increase in passengers in the country.

Although the BDL people brush this aside as irrelevant, I don't know how this rush of new service cannot be at least nibbling at the Southern end of the BDL territory though HVN largely draws from other airports in the region.

I agree. I would say that the advantage BDL currently has over HVN aside from a decent amount of service from the legacy and low-cost carriers are the carrier options and frequency schedule-wise to some of the destinations served from HVN by Avelo. Not that really matters if folks are more into the convenience of HVN. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Breeze ramping up at BDL.

It seems many are responding to the Avelo flights and I am surprised by the rapid addition of new flights. While that's positive for HVN, it caters to leisure travel but HVN needs a legacy carrier to connect with rest of the country. I for one would like to see DL to ATL. The A220-100 would do well off the runway and that could open up a new group of passengers. Problem is the terminal is going to be stretched thin soon. Nice problem to have I guess compared to what the reverse is. There is a large enough market in the shoreline area to support Avelo and perhaps 2-3 legacy carriers but that will have to wait for the new terminal.
I was disappointed to see AA leave, but the level of service they provided toward the end was pitiful. The next project will be to extend the runway to 6600 feet. The terminal I feel will finally go up but perhaps with some modifications. As always, we wait.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:53 pm

AA goes daily on BTV-DFW this fall. A nice jump from the Saturday only flight. Flight must be doing well.

georgiabill

Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:06 pm

I wonder if AA would give MHT-DFW a try even if it is only a saturday service. One can dream

LotsaRunway

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:04 pm

georgiabill wrote:
I wonder if AA would give MHT-DFW a try even if it is only a saturday service. One can dream

That would violate the "Western Wall Rule"

airlineworker

Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:47 pm

Hoping for AA to return to HVN. Avelo doing great and the jet bridge is sitting idle.

btvhopper

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:33 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
AA goes daily on BTV-DFW this fall. A nice jump from the Saturday only flight. Flight must be doing well.

That's truly encouraging news. Are they still flying regional aircraft then or any mainline upgrades? It's a long way on a E175. Texas is such a booming market I was hoping this would happen.

Let's hope they get the TSA bottlenecks sorted out by then and get more agents trained and on the payroll. Speaking of which, anyone have a BTV terminal consolidation update?

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 pm

The emb 175 is a great aircraft for btv-DFW. It's easily in range. The passenger comfort experience is higher than almost any mainline narrowbody and it allows for more flights. The 175 allows for daily to have a chance. Mainline say a 319 would have to be weekends or every other day etc. This is good for btv get consisant daily service to dfw if even seasonal. Great connections and lots of northern ny and vt people have relocated to the dfw area for a cheaper cost of living. Lots of transplants in the dfw area who want to return in fall.

I myself booked two of those dfw flights because it allows for one stop connection to smaller cities I would normally have to double connect for! I really love daily and the late departure time. It's a great flight and I can avoid the awful morning long tsa security lines!

BTVB6Flyer

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:28 am

btvhopper wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

That's truly encouraging news. Are they still flying regional aircraft then or any mainline upgrades? It's a long way on a E175. Texas is such a booming market I was hoping this would happen.

Let's hope they get the TSA bottlenecks sorted out by then and get more agents trained and on the payroll. Speaking of which, anyone have a BTV terminal consolidation update?

It's still the 175, but as SLC points out, the 175 is great and non-factor on this route. The layout config helps here, 2x2 or the 1x2 in Plus. Seats are spacious etc. I'll take this over a 319 or 738. And it allows for daily.

Granted AA probably needs a better aircraft longterm for routes like this, say the A220, but 175 for now will suffice.

Timing is also near perfect for both inbound and outbound connections to and from BTV.

Could see MIA follow suit as well, hopefully with some slightly better timing.

bval

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:40 am

georgiabill wrote:

Oh hell yeah! This is great news for upstate NY / VT AA flyers. And a E75 is perfect. Higher upgrade chances there vs mainline A319!

B595

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
btvhopper wrote:
Timing is also near perfect for both inbound and outbound connections to and from BTV.

I won’t complain about having another daily connection option out of BTV, but the outbound timing (arrival into DFW at 9:45pm) is not great for connections to a lot of places. Wish they revisit the timing at some point.

mjgbtv

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 pm

btvhopper wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Sounds like it is coming along well. I was at the airport last week and the exterior seemed pretty much done. One interesting thing that was discussed in recent board meetings is a plan to move Gate 12 (Frontier's) to the new building with a jet bridge. That was not detailed in the original presentation.

paysonmt77

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Delta is cutting four routes from its Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) hub, as follows:
Destination Effective date
Albany (ALB) Sept. 6
Providence (PVD) Sept. 5
Rochester (ROC) Sept. 6
Syracuse (SYR) Sept. 12
The cuts in the Twin Cities primarily affect connectivity to upstate New York and New England. Delta will continue serving all four cities from its New York hubs, as well as with flights from Atlanta and Detroit.

BTVB6Flyer

Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:04 pm

B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
btvhopper wrote:

I won’t complain about having another daily connection option out of BTV, but the outbound timing (arrival into DFW at 9:45pm) is not great for connections to a lot of places. Wish they revisit the timing at some point.

Yeah the outbound to DFW is a bit tight for on-going connections. Probably misses most of the night bank, but should hit the west coast and intra-Texas flights.

mjgbtv

Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:54 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Yeah the outbound to DFW is a bit tight for on-going connections. Probably misses most of the night bank, but should hit the west coast and intra-Texas flights.

If all goes well. I checked LAX and ELP and they were both 40 minutes for the connection. That is too short for comfort for me.

btvhopper

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:18 pm

I really can't imagine they would plan the BTV-DFW route to prioritize for connections. I would think AA would want to drive connections out of BTV to closer hubs; PHL, O'hare maybe CLT and National. It's pretty clear the DFW service targets the non-stop market, which as has been discussed is quite sizeable given the size of the Dallas Metroplex and the many (Vermont's largest corporate employers, Dealer.com and National Life Insurance both have dual headquarters in Vermont and Dallas, while what's left of Keurig in Vermont is still pivoted to the Dallas area as well... by Vermont standards there's a lot of corporate travel and a daily afternoon/evening nonstop flight is IDEAL for that). I used to work at one of those companies and while I would travel to Dallas roughly quarterly many folks in Vermont would travel every other week--and they would all take the 3hr drive down to BOS for direct service.

I really think daily nonstop will mitigate a lot of leakage to Logan in the BTV market. A lot of leakage to BOS has nothing to do with price sensitivity and everything to do with direct flight availability. There's still a lot of market share available.

BTVB6Flyer

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:20 pm

Since we are talking BTV, what do we think is next for BTV re; routes. It's interesting DL is suspending other similar MSP routes, but is keeping BTV, can only assume that is because of Sun Country being there.

Not many dots on the map, I can see current airlines adding from BTV. Maybe IAH with UA.

Then comes down to new airlines, Breeze, Avelo and maybe Southwest all options. Breeze and Avelo being the most likely.

Breeze could easily do TPA, PBI, SRQ, CHS and maybe even LAS or MSY. Same for Avelo and the FL airports.

Southwest would probably be BWI and MDW.

lat41

Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:30 am

paysonmt77 wrote:
Delta is cutting four routes from its Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) hub, as follows:
Destination Effective date
Albany (ALB) Sept. 6
Providence (PVD) Sept. 5
Rochester (ROC) Sept. 6
Syracuse (SYR) Sept. 12
The cuts in the Twin Cities primarily affect connectivity to upstate New York and New England. Delta will continue serving all four cities from its New York hubs, as well as with flights from Atlanta and Detroit.

Cannot speak for the other cities, but MSP-PVD was originally to be a seasonal route again is year, so it is back to that after having been announced as year round on March 22.

MHTflyer

Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:39 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
georgiabill wrote:

What is that?

lat41

Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:22 am

MHTflyer wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
georgiabill wrote:

What is that?

The "Western Wall keeps fares for cities in Western US much higher than BOS so as not to dilute traffic there even though there is enough demand in central NE that Manchester Westbound flights would be successful.
WN built the wall, to prop up their BOS plans and other carriers followed suit.

EricBTV

Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:45 pm

This is a very good question. I'm still surprised at the lack of Florida flights so your thinking makes a lot of sense here. I'd wonder if Frontier would consider upping frequency to MCO, but they've got Spirit and JetBlue to deal with at the moment. I'm still a Southwest fan but we've been through this and I totally get that what I want doesn't necessarily translate to business plans.

While I don't know the gate workings/politics at BTV, the upgrade of gate 12 could possibly provide an opportunity for someone new. These are exciting times at BTV for sure!

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Since we are talking BTV, what do we think is next for BTV re; routes. It's interesting DL is suspending other similar MSP routes, but is keeping BTV, can only assume that is because of Sun Country being there.

Not many dots on the map, I can see current airlines adding from BTV. Maybe IAH with UA.

Then comes down to new airlines, Breeze, Avelo and maybe Southwest all options. Breeze and Avelo being the most likely.

Breeze could easily do TPA, PBI, SRQ, CHS and maybe even LAS or MSY. Same for Avelo and the FL airports.

mjgbtv

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:03 pm

EricBTV wrote:
This is a very good question. I'm still surprised at the lack of Florida flights so your thinking makes a lot of sense here. I'd wonder if Frontier would consider upping frequency to MCO, but they've got Spirit and JetBlue to deal with at the moment. I'm still a Southwest fan but we've been through this and I totally get that what I want doesn't necessarily translate to business plans.

While I don't know the gate workings/politics at BTV, the upgrade of gate 12 could possibly provide an opportunity for someone new. These are exciting times at BTV for sure!

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I noticed that Frontier is flying 5x per week to MCO this week and next, and also is scheduled for 5x several weeks in November and December. 4x is the most that I recall in the past.

I agree that more Florida routes seem most likely, at least from a customer demand perspective.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:44 pm

And alas, the last route, AA mainline to ORD too this summer, so that makes PHL, DCA, CLT and ORD. Will wait and see what comes of MIA for Winter.

EADSYABSOB73857

Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:41 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

A little while back there was talk of BTV adding a link to BOS- it was speculated to be either B6 or DL. Is this still a possibility or is it dead? DL added BGR out of BOS and they have the regional jets so I could see them adding over B6 if this is still on the table.

FARmd90

Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:19 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

A little while back there was talk of BTV adding a link to BOS- it was speculated to be either B6 or DL. Is this still a possibility or is it dead? DL added BGR out of BOS and they have the regional jets so I could see them adding over B6 if this is still on the table.

I remember this rumor.

I wonder if Cape Air would be a better option to add more regional routes. BOS-BTV/ALB/BDL-HPN and also try JFK-ALB/BDL/PVD.

PVD523

Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:01 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I remember this rumor.

I wonder if Cape Air would be a better option to add more regional routes. BOS-BTV/ALB/BDL-HPN and also try JFK-ALB/BDL/PVD.

If they had the pilots I’m sure they’d consider some of these routes. But they’ve been struggling with retention and hiring just as much as all the other regionals, and have been for years. However, I’d still give Cape the best odds of adding BTV-BOS.

mjgbtv

Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:43 am

PVD523 wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

I remember this rumor.

If they had the pilots I’m sure they’d consider some of these routes. But they’ve been struggling with retention and hiring just as much as all the other regionals, and have been for years. However, I’d still give Cape the best odds of adding BTV-BOS.

Boutique started flying BTV-BOS in April 2021 but stopped sometime around the end of the year.

MIflyer12

Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:43 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

A little while back there was talk of BTV adding a link to BOS- it was speculated to be either B6 or DL. Is this still a possibility or is it dead?

DL has BTV-DTW/LGA/JFK/ATL. I really don't see the point of adding BOS. For O&D? Enjoy the drive on toll-free interstate to metro Boston and the scheduling flexibility one gets from driving.

Other threads on a.net are full of posts about how 200-mile RJ routes are dying.

cs03

Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:54 pm

And 40 years ago Delta and Air New England operated on the BTV/BOS market with DL using 72S and NE using F27.

Ionosphere

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:02 pm

cs03 wrote:
And 40 years ago Delta and Air New England operated on the BTV/BOS market with DL using 72S and NE using F27.

On July 31, 1973, Delta 723 BTV-BOS made a flag stop in MHT to pick up stranded pax. The DC-9-30 crashed into a seawall landing in BOS killing the crew of 5 and 83 pax.

Fex180

Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:45 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong...But it seems like UA isn't bringing back any of the PWM-Midwest CRJ-550 routes introduced last year. As far as I can tell, none of those routes performed particularly well.

B595

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:02 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
And alas, the last route, AA mainline to ORD too this summer, so that makes PHL, DCA, CLT and ORD. Will wait and see what comes of MIA for Winter.

Thanks for pointing this out, that is quite a milestone. Almost reminiscent of the old USAir days.

So I see, using August as an example:
ORD-BTV evening A319.
CLT-BTV midday A319.
DCA-BTV afternoon A319.

But where are you finding PHL-BTV mainline in the schedule? I searched a series of dates May-Dec and only see Piedmont and PSA RJs.

mjgbtv

Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Fex180 wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong...But it seems like UA isn't bringing back any of the PWM-Midwest CRJ-550 routes introduced last year. As far as I can tell, none of those routes performed particularly well.

It seemed like PWM was saturated with new routes last summer, probably trying to catch the COVID-fueled 'domestic outdoor vacation' wave. Things are closer to normal this year so people have most of the usual vacation options again.

bdlflyer

Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:30 pm

Breeze jumping in on BDL-LAS with the A220. 6x weekly starting in September. Wonder if they will jump on BDL-SFO as Jetblue is making it a seasonal route.

EricBTV

Tue May 03, 2022 1:49 am

Here's some new updates on the Terminal Improvement Project at BTV. Construction photos, video, and a rendering showing the upgraded Gate 12.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/7-u ... d=35353371

pwm2txlhopper

Tue May 03, 2022 3:27 am

For the spotters in the group, just a reminder that PWM’s primary runway is closed for another six weeks. All traffic has been using secondary RWY 18/36. Just had my first landing on a full-size 737 on RWY 36 the other day. First time in 42 years of flying out of PWM that I’ve landed on that runaway in an airliner.

The next month or so is a great time to watch planes PWM and see something different than the usual runway 11/29 approaches and departures. Especially the FedEx 757s and A300’s.

My RWY 36 arrival on 737-700 on Thursday. Much different than the usual approach. 30 miles straight in final approach

https://youtu.be/zRLOt_4K0g8

slcdeltarumd11

Tue May 03, 2022 9:25 am

AA has huge capacity increases, Delta has msp, sun country new mainline service, frontier looks to be flying more. BTV is gonna hit record numbers i think in 2022. Security lines were insane over spring break, worst ive ever seen and that was with mostly just united upsizing a few flights. I hope TSA is ready, they have. had lots of staffing issues at btv

pilotfox

Tue May 03, 2022 9:30 am

EricBTV wrote:
Here's some new updates on the Terminal Improvement Project at BTV. Construction photos, video, and a rendering showing the upgraded Gate 12.

Curious about when these projects are scheduled to be done, article does not say.

N649DL

Tue May 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Interesting: I'm checking flightaware.com now for today and BTV-ORD, BTV-CLT = all RJs. AA on BTV-DFW and MIA aren't operating, and UA isn't flying BTV-DEN but F9 is. DL on BTV-ATL is either 1x 319 or 1x 320 at 6am. And UA is flying a 739 to EWR tomorrow morning at 6:30am? Can the runway even handle that type of plane lol? BTV is so up and down with scheduling.

pilotfox wrote:
EricBTV wrote:

Curious about when these projects are scheduled to be done, article does not say.

It's kind of funny, if you've ever been to BTV before you'll note that not much has changed in terms of expansion and configuration of the actual airport since the 1990s. It's similar in terms of a look and feel to the Fargo, ND airport, and a slight step up from say TTN. A few years ago I flew DL boarding a CR2 to DTW (and then to AUS on a A320) and still boarded walking outside with no actual jetway. I think it was when B6 came in was where BTV got its first actual terminal boarding gate. And it's interesting because PWM and MHT have always had them.

Although, inbound on DL AUS-ATL-BTV was a fun ride basically doing a steep right hand turn banking turn to land on a 73G. I picked that flight out on purpose, you'll never see DL flying a 73G into BTV ever again.

B595 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out, that is quite a milestone. Almost reminiscent of the old USAir days.

So I see, using August as an example:
ORD-BTV evening A319.
CLT-BTV midday A319.
DCA-BTV afternoon A319.

But where are you finding PHL-BTV mainline in the schedule? I searched a series of dates May-Dec and only see Piedmont and PSA RJs.

UA actually experimented with BTV-ORD flying something like 3x A320 back in 2007. I don't think it lasted all that long, at least back in the day once the recession hit. I remember this on vacation and watching one take off at sunset over Lake Champlain

slcdeltarumd11

Tue May 03, 2022 6:59 pm

The airlines have lots of data so they know when demand is and those patterns hold true over the years. Weeks, days of the week, times etc. They do lots of shifting at btv. The demand is very cyclical unlike larger cities which tend to be a little more consistant. The airlines dont want to be flying empty planes so it makes sense. This summer BTV has alot of seats on the books. Doesnt necessarily translate to record numbers, but i bet it will. Everyone seems to be going all in on seats except for jetblue but they have so many pilot and staff issues, they will probably have more flight cancellations than anyone already.

mjgbtv

Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 pm

pilotfox wrote:
EricBTV wrote:

The article does say "Fortunately, that should change this fall." in reference to the long screening waits, so that suggests that at least the security piece of the project will be done by then.

Also, per the construction update for the April board meeting BTV has requested funds under the recent infrastructure bill to do Phase 2 of the project, which would essentially remove the current South concourse and replace it with a 2-story building.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue May 03, 2022 7:39 pm

Outside of gaining more PAX room, airfield/apron wise are they gaining any gates with any of this expansion? Or are they just getting the gates to be on the 2nd floor and more accessible to the mainline AC?

Can't really tell from any of the renderings or plans if they are actually adding a gate or not.

I'm assuming BTV does need a new gate or two no? The AM and the evening/RONs must be close to gate capacity.

mjgbtv

Wed May 04, 2022 1:02 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Outside of gaining more PAX room, airfield/apron wise are they gaining any gates with any of this expansion? Or are they just getting the gates to be on the 2nd floor and more accessible to the mainline AC?

Can't really tell from any of the renderings or plans if they are actually adding a gate or not.

I'm assuming BTV does need a new gate or two no? The AM and the evening/RONs must be close to gate capacity.

The description of the project says 5 new gates and 4 new boarding bridges. I'm not sure if that would include Gate 12 that they are planning to put into the new building as part of Phase 1. I believe there are currently 5 gates in the South concourse.

btvbosguy

Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 pm

crjflyboy wrote:
Boutique quietly stopped flying their BTV - BOS service. They had a cancellation rate running nearly 50% on this service in the few months of operations.

Was there ever a final reason on this? I tried this route once and there were certainly problems, but I was hoping they'd turn it around.

mjgbtv

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:19 pm

btvbosguy wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:
Boutique quietly stopped flying their BTV - BOS service. They had a cancellation rate running nearly 50% on this service in the few months of operations.

Was there ever a final reason on this? I tried this route once and there were certainly problems, but I was hoping they'd turn it around.

I can't find a source right now, but I think I saw it attributed to COVID. I presume that at least some of their traffic was business which probably dried up to the point that it wasn't worth continuing the flights.

mjgbtv

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:20 pm

Today (6/3) appears to be the day that AA finally brings 'real' mainline to BTV, and it's a big bang with 3 different routes. I believe this is also the first day of UA's seasonal service to DEN and it is one of F9's days, so there are 10 mainline flights scheduled today:

B6 E190 JFK
AA A319 CLT
UA A319 ORD
UA A319 DEN
F9 A20N DEN
AA A319 DCA
AA A319 ORD
UA A319 ORD
B6 E190 JFK
DL A320 ATL

I'm not sure when the last time was that BTV had so many mainline flights, but I suspect it has not been since 2000.

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:28 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
Today (6/3) appears to be the day that AA finally brings 'real' mainline to BTV, and it's a big bang with 3 different routes. I believe this is also the first day of UA's seasonal service to DEN and it is one of F9's days, so there are 10 mainline flights scheduled today:

B6 E190 JFK
AA A319 CLT
UA A319 ORD
UA A319 DEN
F9 A20N DEN
AA A319 DCA
AA A319 ORD
UA A319 ORD
B6 E190 JFK
DL A320 ATL

I'm not sure when the last time was that BTV had so many mainline flights, but I suspect it has not been since 2000.

Really impressive lift, I wonder how the airport is handling the capacity.

I'll be on the inbound CLT A319 in a couple days.

B595

Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:09 pm

mjgbtv wrote:

B6 E190 JFK
AA A319 CLT
UA A319 ORD
UA A319 DEN
F9 A20N DEN
AA A319 DCA
AA A319 ORD
UA A319 ORD
B6 E190 JFK
DL A320 ATL

And the summer schedule isn’t even maxed out: the MSP flights on Sun Country and Delta have yet to start.

Also, it was interesting to see how early Frontier’s DEN flights started this year. Seems a testament to the route’s strength.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos