Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:20 pm

Welcome to the North Central / East Coast Florida (JAX / UST / GNV / DAB / MLB / VRB) Aviation Thread 2022. Please continue your discussion and to post your news below.

Link to previous thread:

North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2021
 
doulasc
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:28 am

hope Allegiant adds more flights to MLB I would like to see LCK-MLB.
 
TexasAirCorp
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:16 am

Any chance UST might see more service this year? Avelo or Breeze maybe?

St Augustine is absolutely stunning and seriously needs more visitors. Getting there from JAX without a rental car is a pain.
 
MavyWavyATR
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:16 am

TexasAirCorp wrote:
Any chance UST might see more service this year? Avelo or Breeze maybe?

St Augustine is absolutely stunning and seriously needs more visitors. Getting there from JAX without a rental car is a pain.


Don't think we'll see XP and/or MX at UST (at least for now). What St. Augustine needs in order to bring in more visitors & tourists are flights to a major hub like ATL, CLT, ORD, etc. 7Q has the right idea at the moment with their EWR flights, but the big thing it lacks is a UA codeshare or interline.
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7187
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 am

The terminal MLB is coming along. I'll try and get some photos. But for some reason my photos are too big and I don't know how to post them. I can give you all my Instagram handle.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:29 pm

I do think 2022 may finally be the year DAB gets an LCC or ULCC... its the only Florida airport serving a beach that doesn't have an LCC or a ULCC
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:22 am

AA Has extended the MLB-DCA Flights till the end of March, it would be nice to see that go daily and maybe an A319 on MLB-CLT. In a few days DL Brings back the A321 to MLB. Elite comes back to VRB on March 25th
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:11 am

Next month Elite ends MLB and moves all routes to VRB.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:26 am

madg wrote:
Next month Elite ends MLB and moves all routes to VRB.


That was the plan all along, because VRB's runway was being repaved. Honestly from what I have heard, there will be a lot of people glad to see Elite gone from MLB.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:51 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Next month Elite ends MLB and moves all routes to VRB.


That was the plan all along, because VRB's runway was being repaved. Honestly from what I have heard, there will be a lot of people glad to see Elite gone from MLB.


I can see that.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5562
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:58 am

Looks like DL has brought back a one-off DTW-DAB for Daytona 500 weekend on an A320: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KDTW/KDAB
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7187
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:21 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Next month Elite ends MLB and moves all routes to VRB.


That was the plan all along, because VRB's runway was being repaved. Honestly from what I have heard, there will be a lot of people glad to see Elite gone from MLB.


Agreed 110%.
 
evank516
Posts: 2343
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:27 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
I do think 2022 may finally be the year DAB gets an LCC or ULCC... its the only Florida airport serving a beach that doesn't have an LCC or a ULCC


My guess is Breeze or Avelo if anyone at all. I don't see NK or F9 coming in and I definitely don't see G4 coming in with SFB being a 45 minute drive.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5562
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:41 pm

evank516 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
I do think 2022 may finally be the year DAB gets an LCC or ULCC... its the only Florida airport serving a beach that doesn't have an LCC or a ULCC


My guess is Breeze or Avelo if anyone at all. I don't see NK or F9 coming in and I definitely don't see G4 coming in with SFB being a 45 minute drive.


I never saw G4 adding MLB, but they did. You never know.
 
evank516
Posts: 2343
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:48 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
evank516 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
I do think 2022 may finally be the year DAB gets an LCC or ULCC... its the only Florida airport serving a beach that doesn't have an LCC or a ULCC


My guess is Breeze or Avelo if anyone at all. I don't see NK or F9 coming in and I definitely don't see G4 coming in with SFB being a 45 minute drive.


I never saw G4 adding MLB, but they did. You never know.


I think MLB is further from SFB than DAB and not as direct of a route either. G4 markets SFB as Orlando/Daytona Beach as well.
 
krsw757
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:55 pm

JAX will be announcing a new airline tomorrow at 9 am. Maybe Avelo or Breeze? Any thoughts?
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:27 am

krsw757 wrote:
JAX will be announcing a new airline tomorrow at 9 am. Maybe Avelo or Breeze? Any thoughts?

It will be Avelo. Part of an announcement tomorrow of a few destinations.
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:08 am

dabpit wrote:
krsw757 wrote:
JAX will be announcing a new airline tomorrow at 9 am. Maybe Avelo or Breeze? Any thoughts?

It will be Avelo. Part of an announcement tomorrow of a few destinations.


are you sure? JAX i heard is breeze
 
krsw757
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Looks like it’s Breeze. JAX-CMH,BDL,LAS,MSY,RIC,ORF,PVD. Should be interesting to see what happens with MSY and ORF as Silver and Allegiant serve them respectively. I think Breeze and Allegiant can coexist on the the route considering the military ties, but I think Breeze will eventually push Silver out. Which is unfortunate considering Silver will probably pull out of JAX altogether AGAIN.
Looking forward to the LAS route, it’s been a few years since anyone has flown it.
 
JAXDan
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:31 pm

dabpit wrote:
krsw757 wrote:
JAX will be announcing a new airline tomorrow at 9 am. Maybe Avelo or Breeze? Any thoughts?

It will be Avelo. Part of an announcement tomorrow of a few destinations.


Breeze was announced today, do you think JAX is also getting Avelo?
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:55 am

MLB seems to be making progress on the terminal. Found this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1TmVTMUbrg&t=2s
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:11 pm

Here is what the terminal expansion looks like as of Saturday.
https://imgur.com/VpzOrqa
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:52 am

Making a lot of progress!!
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:17 pm

Kronesian wrote:
Here is what the terminal expansion looks like as of Saturday.
https://imgur.com/VpzOrqa


Cool picture!!! How did you get it?
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:58 pm

madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
Here is what the terminal expansion looks like as of Saturday.
https://imgur.com/VpzOrqa


Cool picture!!! How did you get it?


Took it from the Cessna 172 I was flying right after takeoff.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:28 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
Here is what the terminal expansion looks like as of Saturday.
https://imgur.com/VpzOrqa


Cool picture!!! How did you get it?


Took it from the Cessna 172 I was flying right after takeoff.


Keep them coming!! I did a model of the airport a few years ago and I've been working on the current expansion as it's been coming along.
 
doulasc
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:02 am

I hope Breeze Airways brings service to DAB and MLB
 
beefstew25
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:40 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Flew out of MLB last week and it was the longest I’ve ever had to wait in the security line. Our little kid is getting all grown up.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 am

beefstew25 wrote:
Flew out of MLB last week and it was the longest I’ve ever had to wait in the security line. Our little kid is getting all grown up.


How are they coming with the construction on the inside??
 
beefstew25
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:40 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:32 pm

madg wrote:
beefstew25 wrote:
Flew out of MLB last week and it was the longest I’ve ever had to wait in the security line. Our little kid is getting all grown up.


How are they coming with the construction on the inside??


It’s coming along but I think it’s going to be a mess for the first month of the TUI flights. I can’t see how they finish in time.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm

beefstew25 wrote:
madg wrote:
beefstew25 wrote:
Flew out of MLB last week and it was the longest I’ve ever had to wait in the security line. Our little kid is getting all grown up.


How are they coming with the construction on the inside??


It’s coming along but I think it’s going to be a mess for the first month of the TUI flights. I can’t see how they finish in time.


Yeah, there is still a ton of work to do. Even the apron is a mess. We'll see what happens next week.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:33 am

Kronesian wrote:
beefstew25 wrote:
madg wrote:

How are they coming with the construction on the inside??


It’s coming along but I think it’s going to be a mess for the first month of the TUI flights. I can’t see how they finish in time.


Yeah, there is still a ton of work to do. Even the apron is a mess. We'll see what happens next week.


Apparently, the Director yelled at the contractor about a week ago and and the crews are working 24/7.
 
Indy
Posts: 5029
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:18 pm

TOM102 left MAN 43 minutes late but is on its way to MLB. I wonder what the load is like.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Indy wrote:
TOM102 left MAN 43 minutes late but is on its way to MLB. I wonder what the load is like.


No passengers today I don’t think. TUI executives and possibly their families.
 
Shanasta
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:56 pm

beefstew25 wrote:
Flew out of MLB last week and it was the longest I’ve ever had to wait in the security line. Our little kid is getting all grown up.


I flew in last week as well and noticed they've redone the TSA screening area. What's funny is one of the best burgers I've ever had was in that landside restaurant several years ago.
 
Indy
Posts: 5029
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:19 am

Found this video on YouTube of the first arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQLfnYQkOA
 
Shanasta
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:45 am

Indy wrote:
Found this video on YouTube of the first arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQLfnYQkOA



Outstanding
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:13 am

Kronesian wrote:
Indy wrote:
TOM102 left MAN 43 minutes late but is on its way to MLB. I wonder what the load is like.


No passengers today I don’t think. TUI executives and possibly their families.


Loads are very strong. Today was a revenue flight and according to to some of the TSA Folks I spoke to the flights have strong loads.
 
Ryga
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:52 am

madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
Indy wrote:
TOM102 left MAN 43 minutes late but is on its way to MLB. I wonder what the load is like.


No passengers today I don’t think. TUI executives and possibly their families.


Loads are very strong. Today was a revenue flight and according to to some of the TSA Folks I spoke to the flights have strong loads.


Correct, the aircraft was completely full at 300 PAX.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:58 pm

Anyone have any new aerial pictures of the expansion and ramp markings?
 
Indy
Posts: 5029
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:36 am

I am really surprised and disappointed by the lack of any kind of decent videos of pictures of the terminal expansion and the arrival of the first plane. There is little on YouTube. Is there that little interest in this around MLB or is the airport authority there very hostile towards spotters and enthusiasts?
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 am

Indy wrote:
I am really surprised and disappointed by the lack of any kind of decent videos of pictures of the terminal expansion and the arrival of the first plane. There is little on YouTube. Is there that little interest in this around MLB or is the airport authority there very hostile towards spotters and enthusiasts?


I'm also a bit surprised. However, I know the terminal in not close to being 100% Complete and I have a feeling the airport is a bit embarrassed that it's not 100% done.
 
Indy
Posts: 5029
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:30 pm

MLB should have a pair of 787's there today with departures at 3:40pm and 4:10pm. Is anyone in the area able to photos of both 787's at the terminal?
 
krsw757
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Today should be the true test with two arriving within minutes of each other.
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7187
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:07 pm

krsw757 wrote:
Today should be the true test with two arriving within minutes of each other.


What time are they arriving?
 
krsw757
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:05 pm

MCOflyer wrote:
krsw757 wrote:
Today should be the true test with two arriving within minutes of each other.


What time are they arriving?


Next couple of minutes. 4:10 and 4:15
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7187
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:22 pm

krsw757 wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:
krsw757 wrote:
Today should be the true test with two arriving within minutes of each other.


What time are they arriving?


Next couple of minutes. 4:10 and 4:15


I got pictures but they were from a distance and I don't know how to resize them. I sent you a PM.
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:07 am

Anyone have any ramp pictures of the TUI AC at MLB??
 
Kronesian
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:28 am

IMG-8915.JPG

Here is a shot of two of them at the terminal Monday.

https://imgur.com/a/AGUawMt
 
madg
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:49 am

Kronesian wrote:
IMG-8915.JPG
Here is a shot of two of them at the terminal Monday.

https://imgur.com/a/AGUawMt


GREAT Picture!!! Keep them coming!!!

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos