Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:57 pm

 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:13 pm

I got some pictures but they were not great of the two 787's. If anyone can resize them, shoot me a private message.
 
Indy
Posts: 5061
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Is MLB able to use those new gates to attract more international service, or does Tui have exclusive rights to them?
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:33 am

Indy wrote:
Is MLB able to use those new gates to attract more international service, or does Tui have exclusive rights to them?


To my knowledge the gates are common use gates. All the gates at MLB Got re-numbered.

Gate 2 is now Gate 1

Gate 4 is now Gate 2

Gate 6 Is now Gate 3

Gate 7 is now Gate 4

Gate 5 is still Gate 5

New Gates are now Gates 6, 7, and 8.
 
beefstew25
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:40 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:47 am

I’m beachside and those Dreamliners are so quiet on takeoff when they cross the shoreline.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:47 am

beefstew25 wrote:
I’m beachside and those Dreamliners are so quiet on takeoff when they cross the shoreline.


Huge improvement from the MD-88's!!!
 
MavyWavyATR
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:49 am

Do we know what the loads on 7Q's UST flights look like so far or how they're doing since they began flights there?
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:31 am

MavyWavyATR wrote:
Do we know what the loads on 7Q's UST flights look like so far or how they're doing since they began flights there?


My understanding the loads are so/so
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:50 pm

Allegiant is ending MLB-USA on May 1st.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5650
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:05 pm

DAB put in for an SCASD grant for AA service to ORD.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 am

Kronesian wrote:
Allegiant is ending MLB-USA on May 1st.


It resumes in September.
 
Indy
Posts: 5061
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun May 08, 2022 6:43 pm

There is a new video that shows more of the MLB airside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mm-f7lgI_Q
 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sun May 08, 2022 10:26 pm

Indy wrote:
There is a new video that shows more of the MLB airside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mm-f7lgI_Q


I flew out of MLB about 2 weeks ago (on DL) and was shocked that the Tui gate literally was literally a construction site attached to the current gate holdroom. Based on that video it looks like they’ve got a few more months before the new gate holdroom and TSA checkpoint opens up.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon May 09, 2022 2:48 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Indy wrote:
There is a new video that shows more of the MLB airside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mm-f7lgI_Q


I flew out of MLB about 2 weeks ago (on DL) and was shocked that the Tui gate literally was literally a construction site attached to the current gate holdroom. Based on that video it looks like they’ve got a few more months before the new gate holdroom and TSA checkpoint opens up.


The project is a good five to six months behind schedule. Apparently, the roofers messed up and that delayed it even further.
 
KMCOFlyer
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon May 09, 2022 6:01 am

madg wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Indy wrote:
There is a new video that shows more of the MLB airside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mm-f7lgI_Q


I flew out of MLB about 2 weeks ago (on DL) and was shocked that the Tui gate literally was literally a construction site attached to the current gate holdroom. Based on that video it looks like they’ve got a few more months before the new gate holdroom and TSA checkpoint opens up.


The project is a good five to six months behind schedule. Apparently, the roofers messed up and that delayed it even further.


Any idea when it’s now estimated to open?
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue May 10, 2022 3:31 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
madg wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

I flew out of MLB about 2 weeks ago (on DL) and was shocked that the Tui gate literally was literally a construction site attached to the current gate holdroom. Based on that video it looks like they’ve got a few more months before the new gate holdroom and TSA checkpoint opens up.


The project is a good five to six months behind schedule. Apparently, the roofers messed up and that delayed it even further.


Any idea when it’s now estimated to open?


From what I saw in the video a good six months maybe a few more or less. I'm flying out of MLB on the 30th and I'll try to find out more.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:20 pm

TUI 787 at MLB.
 
Indy
Posts: 5061
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:08 am

I just saw another video that showed off the TUI lounge. I didn't realize MLB had a lounge. Does anyone know who prepares the food for the TUI flights? Is that prepared in MLB or does it come over from the UK in the inbound flight?

Edit: forgot the video link. He is a bit difficult to understand and honestly I wanted to ask him to yell "get out of my swamp!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Pp5Biz2NU
 
evank516
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:45 am

DeltaRules wrote:
DAB put in for an SCASD grant for AA service to ORD.


This would do well. UA flew the route in the 2000s and the only reason it’s gone is because of bad blood over AirTran.

Surprised they’re not trying to get NYC service back.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:17 am

Indy wrote:
I just saw another video that showed off the TUI lounge. I didn't realize MLB had a lounge. Does anyone know who prepares the food for the TUI flights? Is that prepared in MLB or does it come over from the UK in the inbound flight?

Edit: forgot the video link. He is a bit difficult to understand and honestly I wanted to ask him to yell "get out of my swamp!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Pp5Biz2NU


They have a contractor that does the lounge and catering in MLB. I saw a YouTube Video a while ago and I saw a catering truck next to one of the TUI AC.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 am

evank516 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
DAB put in for an SCASD grant for AA service to ORD.


This would do well. UA flew the route in the 2000s and the only reason it’s gone is because of bad blood over AirTran.

Surprised they’re not trying to get NYC service back.


I'm surprised MLB never put in for a SCASD Grant this year.
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:27 am

I believe it's Menzies that does the catering and ground handling. The 787's are quieter compared to some of the metal that goes into MLB.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Indy wrote:
I just saw another video that showed off the TUI lounge. I didn't realize MLB had a lounge. Does anyone know who prepares the food for the TUI flights? Is that prepared in MLB or does it come over from the UK in the inbound flight?

Edit: forgot the video link. He is a bit difficult to understand and honestly I wanted to ask him to yell "get out of my swamp!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Pp5Biz2NU


DNATA has a catering operation at the airport. Menzies handles ground operations, and the airport has hired its own ambassadors for passengers in the terminal itself.
 
evank516
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:10 am

madg wrote:
evank516 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
DAB put in for an SCASD grant for AA service to ORD.


This would do well. UA flew the route in the 2000s and the only reason it’s gone is because of bad blood over AirTran.

Surprised they’re not trying to get NYC service back.


I'm surprised MLB never put in for a SCASD Grant this year.


For a little airport like MLB, they’re pretty nicely served. 2 legacies with flights to hubs, Allegiant had a small base there, plus transatlantic service. They’re doing pretty well I don’t think they have the demand for much more.
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:58 am

Rumours on another thread here have noted some Brits (mainly non-cruisers) are not happy with the service move to MLB. Not saying that is true just what has been bandied about on a.net so was curious if there were any actual metrics on pax satisfaction or new bookings. When I did my flight training at VRB I remember going up to MLB a few times; it was a nice flight. They even has service from BWI from air 3000 or something like that where I picked up a friend. Glad to see so much expansion up and down the Atlantic coast including MLB.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:25 am

FlyingSicilian wrote:
Rumours on another thread here have noted some Brits (mainly non-cruisers) are not happy with the service move to MLB. Not saying that is true just what has been bandied about on a.net so was curious if there were any actual metrics on pax satisfaction or new bookings. When I did my flight training at VRB I remember going up to MLB a few times; it was a nice flight. They even has service from BWI from air 3000 or something like that where I picked up a friend. Glad to see so much expansion up and down the Atlantic coast including MLB.


From the YouTube videos that I have watched and online reviews the TUI Pax seem to like MLB.
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:41 am

madg wrote:
FlyingSicilian wrote:
Rumours on another thread here have noted some Brits (mainly non-cruisers) are not happy with the service move to MLB. Not saying that is true just what has been bandied about on a.net so was curious if there were any actual metrics on pax satisfaction or new bookings. When I did my flight training at VRB I remember going up to MLB a few times; it was a nice flight. They even has service from BWI from air 3000 or something like that where I picked up a friend. Glad to see so much expansion up and down the Atlantic coast including MLB.


From the YouTube videos that I have watched and online reviews the TUI Pax seem to like MLB.
That is good to hear. I certainly hope it does well.
 
jetskipper
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:50 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:14 am

For a 787, what is the price difference for landing fees to land at MLB versus MCO? What does that equate to per passenger?
 
Indy
Posts: 5061
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:09 pm

The videos I've seen on YouTube give the impression that people love it. They love how fast they can go from curbside to airside. MLB is very easy compared to the larger airports. Downside is getting to Orlando after the flight arrives. I suspect in the future Brightline will make that much easier. The real tell will be next year and seeing how many people choose to fly into MLB a 2nd time.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:07 am

Indy wrote:
The videos I've seen on YouTube give the impression that people love it. They love how fast they can go from curbside to airside. MLB is very easy compared to the larger airports. Downside is getting to Orlando after the flight arrives. I suspect in the future Brightline will make that much easier. The real tell will be next year and seeing how many people choose to fly into MLB a 2nd time.


This is what I have gathered. MCO is such a mess (especially with international arrivals). I'm sure the extra drive time is well worth it in comparison.
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:46 am

I think they served Sanford not MCO before but please correct me, I could be wrong; I don't follow as when I lived in Fla.


viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1474137&p=23362379&hilit=Mlb+tui#p23362379
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:35 am

They used to serve Sanford. Now they serve MLB. I live a half hour from Melbourne international airport give or take and it's one of the highway it's on my drive to work.
 
deltairlines
Posts: 7307
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 4:47 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:03 am

MCOflyer wrote:
They used to serve Sanford. Now they serve MLB. I live a half hour from Melbourne international airport give or take and it's one of the highway it's on my drive to work.


A big advantage to MLB over SFB is the fact that you don't need to deal with I-4 to get to the tourist areas. The drive from Sanford through downtown can be painful - I live in the heart of Jacksonville and can make it to Orlando in 1h45 driving on a good day, but then it can be another 45 minutes once I get in the vicinity of downtown to being at Disney - and there have been plenty of times I've sat in traffic on I-4 north of Orlando that just extends that 1h45 by a good 15-30 minutes. MLB on the other hand is about 75 minutes, but hardly any traffic and 192 takes you right into the tourist area of Orlando. Coming to/from a trans-Atlantic flight, I'll take a 75 minute drive to the airport and an incredibly easy in and out airport vs a 50 minute drive to SFB and hoping you hit a good day on I-4.
 
evank516
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:43 am

deltairlines wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:
They used to serve Sanford. Now they serve MLB. I live a half hour from Melbourne international airport give or take and it's one of the highway it's on my drive to work.


A big advantage to MLB over SFB is the fact that you don't need to deal with I-4 to get to the tourist areas. The drive from Sanford through downtown can be painful - I live in the heart of Jacksonville and can make it to Orlando in 1h45 driving on a good day, but then it can be another 45 minutes once I get in the vicinity of downtown to being at Disney - and there have been plenty of times I've sat in traffic on I-4 north of Orlando that just extends that 1h45 by a good 15-30 minutes. MLB on the other hand is about 75 minutes, but hardly any traffic and 192 takes you right into the tourist area of Orlando. Coming to/from a trans-Atlantic flight, I'll take a 75 minute drive to the airport and an incredibly easy in and out airport vs a 50 minute drive to SFB and hoping you hit a good day on I-4.


You know I never thought about that. It actually explains why MLB is a better alternative to Orlando than DAB and why it stands a better shot at attracting air service. 528 is basically a straight shot avoiding lots of the worst traffic spots. From DAB you’re basically forced onto I-4 no matter how you slice it unless you’re savvy enough to take a back way. Regardless, MLB has the better access than DAB so it can market itself better.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:14 am

Like, I said the the videos and overall reviews from the TUI Pax about MLB are positive and I think once they FINALLY get the terminal done the reviews are going to get better. Plus, next year TUI starts the cruse line at Port Canaveral and they might help TUI grow at MLB. Plus, TUI is trying to open up bookings for US Pax looking to go over to the UK. I have a feeling that MLB is giving TUI a HUGE break on landing and other various fees. MCO charges a lot for landing fees.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm

madg wrote:
Like, I said the the videos and overall reviews from the TUI Pax about MLB are positive and I think once they FINALLY get the terminal done the reviews are going to get better. Plus, next year TUI starts the cruse line at Port Canaveral and they might help TUI grow at MLB. Plus, TUI is trying to open up bookings for US Pax looking to go over to the UK. I have a feeling that MLB is giving TUI a HUGE break on landing and other various fees. MCO charges a lot for landing fees.


Just wait until next summer with the cruises, service here is expected to ramp up a lot more than just 2/3 daily.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Like, I said the the videos and overall reviews from the TUI Pax about MLB are positive and I think once they FINALLY get the terminal done the reviews are going to get better. Plus, next year TUI starts the cruse line at Port Canaveral and they might help TUI grow at MLB. Plus, TUI is trying to open up bookings for US Pax looking to go over to the UK. I have a feeling that MLB is giving TUI a HUGE break on landing and other various fees. MCO charges a lot for landing fees.


Just wait until next summer with the cruises, service here is expected to ramp up a lot more than just 2/3 daily.


I agree 100% I have a feeling TUI is doing a marketing blitz and I wouldin't be surprised if some flights are just dedicated for cruse pax. Nice to see MLB on the rise again. Latest rumor is WN is looking at MLB.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:49 pm

madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Like, I said the the videos and overall reviews from the TUI Pax about MLB are positive and I think once they FINALLY get the terminal done the reviews are going to get better. Plus, next year TUI starts the cruse line at Port Canaveral and they might help TUI grow at MLB. Plus, TUI is trying to open up bookings for US Pax looking to go over to the UK. I have a feeling that MLB is giving TUI a HUGE break on landing and other various fees. MCO charges a lot for landing fees.


Just wait until next summer with the cruises, service here is expected to ramp up a lot more than just 2/3 daily.


I agree 100% I have a feeling TUI is doing a marketing blitz and I wouldin't be surprised if some flights are just dedicated for cruse pax. Nice to see MLB on the rise again. Latest rumor is WN is looking at MLB.


This area is exploding with people, it would do so well with some domestic competition. Here is something that I have been hearing too around the airport. They are trying to lure Swoop away from SFB to help fill the empty international gates in the winter. Considering we used to have 3x Canadian cities a few years back with Porter, it wouldn't shock me.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:17 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:

Just wait until next summer with the cruises, service here is expected to ramp up a lot more than just 2/3 daily.


I agree 100% I have a feeling TUI is doing a marketing blitz and I wouldin't be surprised if some flights are just dedicated for cruse pax. Nice to see MLB on the rise again. Latest rumor is WN is looking at MLB.


This area is exploding with people, it would do so well with some domestic competition. Here is something that I have been hearing too around the airport. They are trying to lure Swoop away from SFB to help fill the empty international gates in the winter. Considering we used to have 3x Canadian cities a few years back with Porter, it wouldn't shock me.


How solid are the WN Rumors? A bit disappointed DL is down to 3x to ATL, at least they got rid of the midnight arr from ATL and moved it to a better time. Any rumors on the AA or G4 Front?
 
evank516
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:50 am

madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:

I agree 100% I have a feeling TUI is doing a marketing blitz and I wouldin't be surprised if some flights are just dedicated for cruse pax. Nice to see MLB on the rise again. Latest rumor is WN is looking at MLB.


This area is exploding with people, it would do so well with some domestic competition. Here is something that I have been hearing too around the airport. They are trying to lure Swoop away from SFB to help fill the empty international gates in the winter. Considering we used to have 3x Canadian cities a few years back with Porter, it wouldn't shock me.


How solid are the WN Rumors? A bit disappointed DL is down to 3x to ATL, at least they got rid of the midnight arr from ATL and moved it to a better time. Any rumors on the AA or G4 Front?


I wouldn’t plan on seeing WN in MLB anytime soon. They just had a major round of new cities and they said they’re done for a while.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:31 am

 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5650
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 am

AA's DAB-DFW and DCA will resume seasonally this Winter.
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:18 am

madg wrote:


Yes! Rumors were floating around for months, but I could never figure out who it was.
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:50 am

What are the two 727‘s sitting by the former Baer Air fbo doing?
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:55 pm

MCOflyer wrote:
What are the two 727‘s sitting by the former Baer Air fbo doing?


There should actually be three of them over there. Looking for buyers, but it is kind of doubtful at this point.
 
MCOflyer
Posts: 7226
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:21 pm

Kronesian wrote:
MCOflyer wrote:
What are the two 727‘s sitting by the former Baer Air fbo doing?


There should actually be three of them over there. Looking for buyers, but it is kind of doubtful at this point.


If anything, they will be bought out for the green engines if there’s any life in them.
 
evank516
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:37 pm

madg wrote:


Traded DAB for MLB I guess.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:36 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:


Yes! Rumors were floating around for months, but I could never figure out who it was.


Any other rumors going around?
 
Kronesian
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:18 am

madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:


Yes! Rumors were floating around for months, but I could never figure out who it was.


Any other rumors going around?


Keep hearing a domestic airline is supposed to be announced soon.
 
madg
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:30 am

Re: North Central/East Coast Florida (JAX/UST/GNV/DAB/MLB/VRB) Aviation Thread - 2022

Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:45 am

Kronesian wrote:
madg wrote:
Kronesian wrote:

Yes! Rumors were floating around for months, but I could never figure out who it was.


Any other rumors going around?


Keep hearing a domestic airline is supposed to be announced soon.


My money is on UA or WN. Would like to see AA & DL add some flights. Any word on how the loads are on G4?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: airplaneboy, Crosswind, crytexx, emre787, eta unknown, evank516, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JerseyFlyer, Marara, N14AZ, N437QX, PHLspecial, PolarRoute, qf2220, Rudenko, Sprite8806, SRQKEF, SRQLOT, SXDFC, Toenga, USTraveler, withak, YQGflyer and 167 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos