Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQ22
Topic Author

Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:39 pm

Welcome to the Air Canada News and Discussion Thread 2022. Please continue your discussion and to post your news below.

Link to previous thread:

Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Aresxerexade

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2022

Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:59 am

How is Air Canada managing with the omicron outbreak? Are most flights operating as scheduled? All the majors in the US are gripping with sick calls and staff shortages.

Dominion301

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:30 am

Aresxerexade wrote:
How is Air Canada managing with the omicron outbreak? Are most flights operating as scheduled? All the majors in the US are gripping with sick calls and staff shortages.

Not nearly as bad as the US carriers as traffic in Canada has been returning much more gradually.

WS are suffering more than AC with staffing it seems from my unscientific observations.

cirrusdragoon

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:12 pm

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/russian-worl ... -1.5725207

Members of the Russian and Czech World Juniors hockey teams were removed from an Air Canada flight from Calgary to Frankfurt on Friday night.

Not abiding by aviation regulations these passengers. Good grief .

ExMilitaryEng

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:34 pm

From the article:

Withnessed by Kathleen Scherf, a professor at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, B.C. was also on the flight:

“Two Russian coaches were in business class across from me. I noticed right away it was tough for the flight attendants because they had to be told to sit down, not to vape, to stop playing their really loud, hard rock music on iPhones, like out loud, not with any earplugs.”

If the above is accurate, those risks of being banned from flying AC...

I would not want them in my flight anyways.

cirrusdragoon

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:34 am

ExMilitaryEng wrote:
From the article:

Withnessed by Kathleen Scherf, a professor at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, B.C. was also on the flight:

“Two Russian coaches were in business class across from me. I noticed right away it was tough for the flight attendants because they had to be told to sit down, not to vape, to stop playing their really loud, hard rock music on iPhones, like out loud, not with any earplugs.”

If the above is accurate, those risks of being banned from flying AC...

I would not want them in my flight anyways.

Excellent job on the crews part. They can ask Putin to send a charter Aeroflot flight to get them if need be.

EADSYABSOB73857

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 am

In 2019 AC announced daily YYC-BOS. The flight never materialized (like many other) due to the pandemic. Any chance of this flight coming to fruition?

Thenoflyzone

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:00 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
In 2019 AC announced daily YYC-BOS. The flight never materialized (like many other) due to the pandemic. Any chance of this flight coming to fruition?

You're probably going to see AC resume YVR-BOS before you see them launch YYC-BOS. And the former hasn't operated since Sept 2019. AC has YVR-BOS bookable as of May 19 though. This being said, with the lack of Asian flights out of YVR, there is a very real chance this route doesn't materialize, just like it didn't last summer.

runway23

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:26 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

You're probably going to see AC resume YVR-BOS before you see them launch YYC-BOS. And the former hasn't operated since Sept 2019. AC has YVR-BOS bookable as of May 19 though. This being said, with the lack of Asian flights out of YVR, there is a very real chance this route doesn't materialize, just like it didn't last summer.

I'd be surprised if AC leaves YVR-BOS to B6 without a fight, I'd imagine the odds of the route resuming are fairly high.

whywhyzee

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:49 pm

https://caribbean.loopnews.com/content/ ... and-mexico

Unsubstantiated, but if true...wow.

Edit: for context, article claims AC is stopping flights to Mexico/Caribbean effective Jan 31 for 90 days.

This matches exactly what happened last year:
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-01 ... on-Efforts

Article is likely a misquote.

9252fly

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:00 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
https://caribbean.loopnews.com/content/air-canada-suspend-flights-caribbean-and-mexico

Unsubstantiated, but if true...wow.

Edit: for context, article claims AC is stopping flights to Mexico/Caribbean effective Jan 31 for 90 days.

This matches exactly what happened last year:
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-01 ... on-Efforts

Article is likely a misquote.

I think they are mixing up news of last year's 2021 route suspensions and thinking it applies to 2022.

Skywatcher

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:34 pm

Am I wrong to think that more people than ever want to get out of Canada due to the increasing covid restrictions?
I for one hope that the stopping flights rumour is false.

ACCS300

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm

Skywatcher wrote:
Am I wrong to think that more people than ever want to get out of Canada due to the increasing covid restrictions?
I for one hope that the stopping flights rumour is false.

Totally false, link is no longer active. Would be massive news here in Canada. I'm booked to fly south on AC in two weeks, just checked my bookings and everything is a go as of now with no bulletins or messages of any impending cancellations. Can't wait to get out of Canada, if AC or WS stop flying I'm leaving anyway!

QB737

Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:47 am

I'd be surprised if AC leaves YVR-BOS to B6 without a fight, I'd imagine the odds of the route resuming are fairly high.

It's already in the system from May 19th to October 10th.

WildcatYXU

Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:53 am

Aresxerexade wrote:

One anecdotal data point: My tomorrow's YXU-YYZ-YWG flight was cancelled due to covid caused constraints. At that was AC's explanation. Expertflyer is showing zero availability across the board for tomorrow.
I was rebooked to Wednesday. Hope this time I get there.

rj777

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 am

Supposedly, according to MKE's press release, AC will be returning to MKE in May:
https://www.mitchellairport.com/applica ... up2021.pdf

Dominion301

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:40 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
Aresxerexade wrote:

One anecdotal data point: My tomorrow's YXU-YYZ-YWG flight was cancelled due to covid caused constraints. At that was AC's explanation. Expertflyer is showing zero availability across the board for tomorrow.

At the rate you're going, it would be faster to drive...or take the train!

CrewBunk

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:36 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
Aresxerexade wrote:

I see the 0605 flight out of YXU cancelled. The 1005 flight has one open seat, the rest are full. The YYZ-YWG flights all have about a dozen open seats.

The “Covid constraints” are due to lack of crew both at Air Canada and Jazz. Crew are advised to isolate if they have been in contact with a Covid positive individual. Perhaps this is being too cautious, as these crew members may not being displaying any symptoms …. but presently, that is policy.

It would appear, the issue with your YXU-YWG journey is the YXU-YYZ leg. Perhaps road transport to YYZ might be the best bet. Either driven by you, or request ground transport from AC.

CrewBunk

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:43 am

Dominion301 wrote:

I recall many years ago, as a young lad (and travelling as a non-rev) flying YYZ-YXU-YQG-YWG on a Viscount with my Dad, as the nonstop DC-8 was full. That sentiment was uttered more than once!

WildcatYXU

Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:39 pm

CrewBunk wrote:
I see the 0605 flight out of YXU cancelled. The 1005 flight has one open seat, the rest are full. The YYZ-YWG flights all have about a dozen open seats.

The “Covid constraints” are due to lack of crew both at Air Canada and Jazz. Crew are advised to isolate if they have been in contact with a Covid positive individual. Perhaps this is being too cautious, as these crew members may not being displaying any symptoms …. but presently, that is policy.

It would appear, the issue with your YXU-YWG journey is the YXU-YYZ leg. Perhaps road transport to YYZ might be the best bet. Either driven by you, or request ground transport from AC.

Well, for now I accepted the automatic rebooking to tomorrow. Should there be a problem again, I'll use the guaranteed Y seat perk that comes with my 75K status. Haven't used it yet since it requires booking a full fare Y ticket.

Skywatcher

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:29 pm

CrewBunk wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

I recall many years ago, as a young lad (and travelling as a non-rev) flying YYZ-YXU-YQG-YWG on a Viscount with my Dad, as the nonstop DC-8 was full. That sentiment was uttered more than once!

I did something similar in the early eighties,. A flew a multiple stop Air Canada DC-9-30 YUL-YOW-YXU-YQG-YWG-YYC-YVR.
5 stops to get to Vancouver. I loved it!

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 pm

AC has clarified that it is not cancelling flights to Mexico or the Caribbean. Someone got the dates mixed up and rushed to report.

https://www.narcity.com/air-canada-says ... date-mixup

AWNP

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:15 am

Looks like they are suspending some after all:

https://vacations.aircanada.com/en/travel-advisories

TEMPORARY DESTINATION SUSPENSION

January 5, 2022

In light of the current pandemic context, Air Canada will be suspending some flights to Sun destinations from January 24 until April 30, 2022.

Suspended destinations include Antigua, Aruba, Samaná, Curaçao, Exuma, Grenada, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, Bermuda, Grand Cayman, Havana, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 am

Interesting that a day prior they denied it and then the next day they cancel flights. Doesn't make sense at all

cirrusdragoon

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:43 pm

Every airline is experiencing misery

yyztpa2

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:17 pm

AWNP wrote:

January 5, 2022

In light of the current pandemic context, Air Canada will be suspending some flights to Sun destinations from January 24 until April 30, 2022.

Suspended destinations include Antigua, Aruba, Samaná, Curaçao, Exuma, Grenada, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, Bermuda, Grand Cayman, Havana, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.

Understand the current situation but through to end of April is surprising.

Thomaas

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:04 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
AWNP wrote:

January 5, 2022

They are simply reducing their less-than-daily sun destinations to route passengers looking for a warm getaway to more volume heavy destinations. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the YOW, YQB and YHZ Florida and Caribbean flying be rerouted through YYZ and YUL.

runway23

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:59 pm

Thomaas wrote:
They are simply reducing their less-than-daily sun destinations to route passengers looking for a warm getaway to more volume heavy destinations. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the YOW, YQB and YHZ Florida and Caribbean flying be rerouted through YYZ and YUL.

AC has pulled the plug on PUJ flying from YOW, YQB, YHZ. First 2 end 20 Jan, YHZ 16 Jan.

YHZ-MCO suspended 8 Jan to 26 Feb then 3x weekly in March. Similar story for YHZ-TPA.

YOW-FLL is actually showing an increase from 3x weekly to 4x in Feb and 5x in March. YOW-CUN goes to 4x weekly in March. YOW-PUJ ends 20 Jan.

For sure, if AC is short staffed and/or predicts a growing and high number of staff calling in sick then it's a wise strategy to funnel as much as you can through YYZ/YUL.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:21 pm

Thomaas wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:
AWNP wrote:

January 5, 2022

That explains it, and makes the most sense

Skywatcher

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:58 pm

Since I really want out of Canada this winter I had done a thorough analysis of what was available via AC southward from my home market (YUL) about a week ago.

I've just updated it to make sure my preferences are still there.
Ft.Lauderdale (4 daily),Cancun (2 daily) and Honolulu (2 per week) have remained unchanged but virtually everything else has been pushed out. All markets are still served and peak service is still there but now begins later (i.e. service increases have been delayed, much of it until early March instead of earlier).

At least my favourites (Nassau/Barbados/Honolulu) are still there although Nassau now begins Feb.26 instead of Jan.16.

All in all it could have been worse.

Thomaas

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:34 am

Skywatcher wrote:
Since I really want out of Canada this winter I had done a thorough analysis of what was available via AC southward from my home market (YUL) about a week ago.

Ft.Lauderdale (4 daily),Cancun (2 daily) and Honolulu (2 per week) have remained unchanged but virtually everything else has been pushed out. All markets are still served and peak service is still there but now begins later (i.e. service increases have been delayed, much of it until early March instead of earlier).

At least my favourites (Nassau/Barbados/Honolulu) are still there although Nassau now begins Feb.26 instead of Jan.16.

I have my doubts on whether YUL-HNL will actually operate for the winter. It operated for a few weeks in December I believe before being suspended till mid-February, and that was before the Omicron variant threw a wrench at AC’s winter schedule.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:02 am

Thomaas wrote:
Skywatcher wrote:

I have my doubts on whether YUL-HNL will actually operate for the winter. It operated for a few weeks in December I believe before being suspended till mid-February, and that was before the Omicron variant threw a wrench at AC’s winter schedule.

Why was it suspended? Not enough bookings?

runway23

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:18 am

Thomaas wrote:

YUL-HNL still operates this coming Saturday then is suspended until end of Feb. I could have sworn a week ago or so that I saw the route being suspended until April.

YYZ-OGG is a similar case.

I can't help think that YUL-HNL might have perhaps performed slightly better with a later timing that would have allowed for some connections from Europe. Even then and from looking at a few flights, the loads appear dire (ghost town from those couple flights I looked into) as do yields. After all, this is a flight that is longer than YUL-IST and only 500 miles short of YUL-TLV. Not withstanding that this route has to rely on Quebec/Ontario/Maritime connections and that no connections can be sold to/from US destinations.

Fare wise, most dates the flight is still scheduled to operate on are selling starting at 311$C one-way for a 10h30 flight. Even spring break is only $595 (to compare same date: FLL is $361, CUN $897, PUJ $903). All of those flights are around the 4 hour mark. Not sure if it's because people don't know about the flight, are scared (or infected) of/with omicron, generally weak demand to HNL (I'd tend to think that historically this isn't the case, otherwise AC wouldn't have launched the route).

Coming back to yields, taking that 311$ fare (or 198$ before taxes, airport charges, fees). Even if we were to take a standard flex fare (283$ before taxes), there's no way AC can make money on a $20-30 per hour equivalent fare even if we were to take into account business (1240$) and premium economy (623$) fares.

It's fairly interesting to see how airlines piled capacity into Hawai'i in 2020 and are removing that capacity. AA had 2 daily 77W/772s flying from DFW to HNL now down to 789s, CLT-HNL launched and removed, etc. Admittedly for AA some of the decisions are related to 787 shortage but the HNL gold rush didn't last very long.

Dominion301

Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:23 am

runway23 wrote:
Thomaas wrote:

AC has pulled the plug on PUJ flying from YOW, YQB, YHZ. First 2 end 20 Jan, YHZ 16 Jan.

YHZ-MCO suspended 8 Jan to 26 Feb then 3x weekly in March. Similar story for YHZ-TPA.

YOW-FLL is actually showing an increase from 3x weekly to 4x in Feb and 5x in March. YOW-CUN goes to 4x weekly in March. YOW-PUJ ends 20 Jan.

For sure, if AC is short staffed and/or predicts a growing and high number of staff calling in sick then it's a wise strategy to funnel as much as you can through YYZ/YUL.

Does that mean at least for now like YHZ, YOW-TPA/MCO are also unaffected? Interesting that FLL and CUN increase. YOW-FLL on AC is traditionally daily in 'normal' times and YOW-CUN I believe was 4x weekly pre-pandemic.

runway23

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:31 am

Dominion301 wrote:

Does that mean at least for now like YHZ, YOW-TPA/MCO are also unaffected? Interesting that FLL and CUN increase. YOW-FLL on AC is traditionally daily in 'normal' times and YOW-CUN I believe was 4x weekly pre-pandemic.

Sorry, meant to post them.

YOW-TPA last flight Jan 8, resumes Feb 25, 2x weekly from then until seasonal suspension on April 17.
YOW-MCO 2x weekly until Jan 16, then resumes Feb 26, 3x weekly. Also suspended on April 17.

Dominion301

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:28 pm

runway23 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

Sorry, meant to post them.

YOW-TPA last flight Jan 8, resumes Feb 25, 2x weekly from then until seasonal suspension on April 17.
YOW-MCO 2x weekly until Jan 16, then resumes Feb 26, 3x weekly. Also suspended on April 17.

Thanks for that. I assume all these changes will go live this weekend?

Thenoflyzone

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:40 pm

runway23 wrote:

YUL-HNL still operates this coming Saturday then is suspended until end of Feb. I could have sworn a week ago or so that I saw the route being suspended until April.

Not end february, but rather til mid-February. And it's not exclusive to YUL. There are cancelations from YYZ and YYC as well.

I checked all of AC's HNL flights from the 4 majors (based on flightconnections.com) and these were the cancelation dates per route in January and February.

YUL-HNL Jan 8 til Feb 12
YYZ-HNL Jan 21 til Feb 11
YYC-HNL Jan 8 til Feb 22
YVR-HNL Jan 25, 27, Feb 1, 3, 8 10

Thomaas wrote:

That's not true. The 2x weekly flight started December 12 and runs until tomorrow. It then resumes February 12. You are correct however in that this pause has been in the schedules for a month or two now, if not more. So it wasn't a last minute change.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ac521

Exrampieyyz

Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:27 am

Pre pandemic I used to non-rev to HNL or OGG, usually thru YVR and the best time to go was mid to late Jan. Loads always dropped off just after New Year and picked up again for the Feb. freeze. Not surprised they've cut back during this time

shoelessjoe

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 am

Final day of DH3 ops at Jazz (AC Express) today.

Quick look at the schedule it appears on the final day they operated London, Sault Ste Marie, Timmins and Windsor (YYZ) and Bagotville (YUL). As of now the final operation appears to be AC8436 YTS-YYZ operated by C-GKTA (the oldest frame in the fleet) which over the past several months has lost much of it's paint. Looking at the "active" frames on Planespotters, a couple already rotated to YYB during the past week, where they presumably will remain pending sale or reconfig for cargo ops at Voyageur.

End of an era.

9252fly

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:09 pm

shoelessjoe wrote:

Quick look at the schedule it appears on the final day they operated London, Sault Ste Marie, Timmins and Windsor (YYZ) and Bagotville (YUL). As of now the final operation appears to be AC8436 YTS-YYZ operated by C-GKTA (the oldest frame in the fleet) which over the past several months has lost much of it's paint. Looking at the "active" frames on Planespotters, a couple already rotated to YYB during the past week, where they presumably will remain pending sale or reconfig for cargo ops at Voyageur.

End of an era.

Indeed its been a long run the the DH3, more than 30 years. Speaking of C-GKTA, the registration takes it back to the Time Air days.

shoelessjoe

Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:10 pm

Anecdotally in my flying the ex-CP frames (specifically Time Air) had a different cabin config than the legacy AC frames. AC had the "club" seating with aft facing row 13 on the forward bulkhead. I flew on the DH3 enough that more often than not I would see someone hunting for their seat at the back of the cabin and would chime in with "...looking for Row 13? It's up front." If my memory is correct the AC -300s were at Air BC and Air Ontario. GKTA was looking haggard over the summer and fall -- it looks like they touched her paint up a little sometime in the past few weeks.

It's hard not to wax a bit nostalgic for the classic DASH. That was a warm and relatively welcoming cabin on a lot of cold, dark mornings in Ontario -- even as the cabins got increasingly worn down I appreciated the familiarity. Big duck-of-the-head coming through the door and then, as long as you didn't need to use the lav you were good to go. Decent legroom for what it was worth, and shoulder room that shames the CRJ...those PWCs droning on at cruise always made my eyelids heavy in the morning.

9252fly wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:

End of an era.

Indeed its been a long run the the DH3, more than 30 years. Speaking of C-GKTA, the registration takes it back to the Time Air days.

Skywatcher

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 am

DeHavilland essentially gone. Bombardier essentially gone. Sigh.

Vio

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 pm

shoelessjoe wrote:

End of an era.

I was lucky enough to fly the last flight out of London (YXU-YYZ) on the 9th. The actual last revenue flight with pax was Timmins - Toronto a few hours later. The Dash is a great aircraft. The Q400 is here to stay for many more years. An awesome airplane in my opinion.

dcajet

Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:19 pm

After 22 months, Air Canada returned to Santiago SCL, 3x w, nonstop from YYX, 789 equipment.

Photo: Alfredo Babun

shoelessjoe

Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:24 pm

That's awesome! Thanks for positing -- agree on the DH4, it's a great machine.

Vio wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:

End of an era.

I was lucky enough to fly the last flight out of London (YXU-YYZ) on the 9th. The actual last revenue flight with pax was Timmins - Toronto a few hours later. The Dash is a great aircraft. The Q400 is here to stay for many more years. An awesome airplane in my opinion.

m1m2

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:47 am

Vio wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:

End of an era.

After many years of working on the Dash 8 (100 and 300) I'll miss them. It was a great airplane to work on, granted you could never come out of the nacelles clean, but it was small enough to be able to work on alone. It was also awesome for engine runs, no FADEC to protect you, you had to keep an eye on it and make sure you didn't do anything it would bite you in the arse for. As you say, Vio, the Q4 will have to carry the torch from now on.

As a side note, 317 flew the last flight, and I'm told that one was the first production -300 built, I know guys who worked at the factory. Served us all well, reliably carried probably a couple of million passengers in it's lifetime.

YYZORD

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 am

With AC having 3 789's on order for 2022-2023, is there a plan to make YYZ-DOH daily?

yyztpa2

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:59 am

m1m2 wrote:
Vio wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:

End of an era.

After many years of working on the Dash 8 (100 and 300) I'll miss them. It was a great airplane to work on, granted you could never come out of the nacelles clean, but it was small enough to be able to work on alone. It was also awesome for engine runs, no FADEC to protect you, you had to keep an eye on it and make sure you didn't do anything it would bite you in the arse for. As you say, Vio, the Q4 will have to carry the torch from now on.

As a side note, 317 flew the last flight, and I'm told that one was the first production -300 built, I know guys who worked at the factory. Served us all well, reliably carried probably a couple of million passengers in it's lifetime.

Many of the flights seem to have been taken over by the CRJ2 and not the Q400. Did AC bring back additional CRJ?

What's the plan when volumes come back? Markets like Sudbury only at 2 return trips a day.

Dominion301

Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:12 am

Skywatcher wrote:
DeHavilland essentially gone. Bombardier essentially gone. Sigh.

2021 was Bombardier’s best year in probably the last 10.

yyztpa2 wrote:
m1m2 wrote:
Vio wrote:

Many of the flights seem to have been taken over by the CRJ2 and not the Q400. Did AC bring back additional CRJ?

What's the plan when volumes come back? Markets like Sudbury only at 2 return trips a day.

At this point for summer 2022 out of YYZ:
-YSB, YAM & YXU are listed as all DH4; and
-YQG, YYB & YTS are listed as all CRJ

dcajet

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:05 pm

AC upgauges the YUL-GRU-EZE route to the 400-seat 77W, 3x w, eff 13JAN22. Capacity wise, it will remain pretty much the same, as the 77W will operate 3x w instead of the 4x w currently operated by the 789.

AC096 YUL 21:50 GRU 09:50+1 - 11:50 EZE 14:45 357 77W
AC097 EZE 16:50 GRU 19:30 - 21:40 YUL 06:10+1 146 77W

Paxs from/to EZE can connect at GRU on the YYZ daily 789 service

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos