Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation January 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:49 pm

Happy New Year Turkish Aviation fans,

Another year another variant :(
But I am an optimist and I see light at the end of the tunnel.
Here is to a much better year :champagne:

-TK launching Cebu Philippines. Effective January 3, IST-MNL will increase to 10x weekly, and 3 of those flights. Hope this happens.
-In 2022, both Istanbul airport metro lines might be operational, fingers crossed.
-Pegasus has renewed its fleet planning at Airbus: 20 in 2022, 18 in 2023, 14 in 2024 and 3 in 2025.
The fleet will then consist of 65 Airbus A321neo, 46 ​​Airbus A320neo, 1 Airbus A320-214 wl and 3 Boeing 737-800 wl in 2025.
Is this still happening?
-TK Cargo is not seperating after all??
-No more MAX's for TK?
-2nd runway saga at SAW continues. At this point it is political :(

Please continue.
You can find last months thread here: Turkish Aviation December 2021

BuildingMyBento

Re: Turkish Aviation January 2022

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:19 pm

Greetings, Turkey fans!

Curious if it will be possible - by the end of 2022 - to do a train/metro transfer between IST and SAW, or if there are plans to build a motorway roughly between the two.

Istanbul traffic is insane, let alone when you're trying to get from one airport to the other.

Also, on a less important note, are there any plans to return the pandemic IST TK flagship lounge to that of the halcyon days of ISL? The baklava, the vegetable salads, the pide...OTOH the current lounge allows a cool overview of part of the terminal.

davidjohnson6

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:28 pm

Atlas are no more. Borajet have gone. Onur Air look very much troubled. That leaves just Turkish (with subsidiaries Anadolujet and SunExpress) and Pegasus, with Corendon a long way behind, as well as a few little extra airlines playing very minor roles

Given the size of the market, I would normally expect somebody to be planning to start a significant new airline in Turkey. Could this realistically happen, and would Govt allow this ? I know Turkish has a good product, but concentration of market control into a small number of companies leads to monopoly power and lousy long term outcomes

LAXintl

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:38 pm

Welcome to 2022. :champagne: :present: :trophy:

May everyone have a healthy and happy year

Lets see what twist and turns 2022 brings to Turkish aviation. Never boring.

BuildingMyBento wrote:
Curious if it will be possible - by the end of 2022 - to do a train/metro transfer between IST and SAW, or if there are plans to build a motorway roughly between the two.
Istanbul traffic is insane, let alone when you're trying to get from one airport to the other.

Not sure why anyone would transfer between IST and SAW - a distance of ~80km

Your options are taxi, private car transfer, airport buses that connect in the city, and eventually the metro which you can connect on in the city.

And remember - the Bosphorus separates the two sides of Istanbul, so there are only a few options to cross all connected to existing motorways.

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Atlas are no more. Borajet have gone. Onur Air look very much troubled. That leaves just Turkish (with subsidiaries Anadolujet and SunExpress) and Pegasus, with Corendon a long way behind, as well as a few little extra airlines playing very minor roles

Given the size of the market, I would normally expect somebody to be planning to start a significant new airline in Turkey. Could this realistically happen, and would Govt allow this ? I know Turkish has a good product, but concentration of market control into a small number of companies leads to monopoly power and lousy long term outcomes

You do have other players like Freebird also, plus the many cargo players.

Nothing stops the creation of other airlines in Turkey, except money. There have been several dozen airlines come and go since market was deregulated on late 1980s. Its actually not very hard to launch an airline as many leisure groups and wealthy persons have.

Frankly, the ongoing failures should probably tell us the market well serviced by TK/PC.
Domestic airfares are incredibly cheap compared to other nations, and there is significant competition between the two on key international markets like Europe.
Overall I see the market well served, and don't see consumers clamoring for alternatives - the opposite actually. Turks seem very proud and have a strong affinity for TK in particular.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:39 pm

BuildingMyBento wrote:
Greetings, Turkey fans!

Also, on a less important note, are there any plans to return the pandemic IST TK flagship lounge to that of the halcyon days of ISL? The baklava, the vegetable salads, the pide...OTOH the current lounge allows a cool overview of part of the terminal.

-Not sure, why would anyone would like to travel between two airports but, Yes, next year this can be done by metro/metrobus.
Map here: https://www.metro.istanbul/en/YolcuHizm ... Haritalari

From IST, White metro line to Gayrettepe/Zincirlikuyu
Beige Metrobus line across the Boshphorus to Unalan
Pinkish M4 line from Unalan to Tavsantepe
M10 from Tavsantepe to SAW.

That could take 2+ hours but yes doable. There are already bunch of highway options between the two, but again 2+ hours.

-TK Lounge is coming back to life, at least one of the two up there. Last time I was there in OCT, I thought it was pretty good, even the "Pide Wars" are back and wine was back. I hope they stay with portioned and packaged service and open a bar instead of leaving bottles of wines at stations. There was a lot of excess food and spoiled food at ISL.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 pm

:spin: ha ha ha .... LAXintl beat me to it, with the exact words

LAXintl

Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:13 pm

And speaking of new airlines for Turkey.

AirSada (Sada Havacalik) applied for commercial AOC planning ops by summer 2022 using A320s with service to Scandinavia and the Middle East from Dalaman base.
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ps-in-2022

BuildingMyBento

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:08 am

Simple answer: SAW has different flights than IST. I've transferred between the two, just as I have NRT to HND (they've got a train), and DXB to DWC.

80km is nothing if you've got the infrastructure.

Blerg

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:22 pm

Happy New Year to everyone from Belgrade! Yesterday we had a phenomenal firework show here which was enjoyed by thousands of Turkish tourists that came to Serbia. Turkish arrivals are up by 190% in the first 11 months of 2021.

Turkish Airlines is boosting IST-BEG from April 2022 from 2 daily to 3. In cooperation with Air Serbia, they will offer 4 daily flights.

IST-BEG 13.55-14.35
BEG-IST 15.25-18.10

With a 15.25 departure from BEG, this TK flight will connect phenomenally to entire JU's morning bank that is returning to Belgrade. It's really cool to see JU and TK cooperate like this.

Flights are already in the system.

mercure1

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:14 pm

Happy 2022 to everyone.

Likely be another eventfull year in the airline industry.

BuildingMyBento wrote:
Simple answer: SAW has different flights than IST. I've transferred between the two, just as I have NRT to HND (they've got a train), and DXB to DWC.

Seems to me its rather bizarre to connect between the two. Unlike NRT-HND where one is primarily international and other more domestic, you can pretty much reach every where at IST. Not sure why make a change??

Even the old IST did not have a direct connection to SAW. If there was demand the airport bus company certainly would have taken advantage of the opportunity.

PITFlyer330

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:37 am

anyone know when IST DEN will be announced?

wedgetail737

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:18 am

PITFlyer330 wrote:
anyone know when IST DEN will be announced?

On these heels, I'm hoping TK will announce SEA-IST this year as well.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:11 am

Both DEN and SEA likely to be 787 routes. So, first; Boeing deliveries has to start IMHO.

A321Lufthansa

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Is it a mistake at XFW-spotter saying that the TK A321neo 10723 will have TC-TLA registration? It should be TC-LTJ though...

BuildingMyBento

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:04 pm

mercure1 wrote:
Happy 2022 to everyone.

Likely be another eventfull year in the airline industry.

BuildingMyBento wrote:

Seems to me its rather bizarre to connect between the two. Unlike NRT-HND where one is primarily international and other more domestic, you can pretty much reach every where at IST. Not sure why make a change??

Even the old IST did not have a direct connection to SAW. If there was demand the airport bus company certainly would have taken advantage of the opportunity.

Simple answer: not every flight overlaps. Amazed this has to be explained to airliners.net.

aldrigsomandre

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:54 pm

There is an internal struggle going on between SAW and IST. After the closure of the Ataturk Airport, SAW's strategy has been to position itself as "Istanbul's City Airport". A lot of lobbying from the operators of IST to not grant SAW additional route rights, there's the whole second runway saga, first long haul flight SAW-KUL by Malaysia Airlines...

A connection between IST and SAW is absolutely impossible.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:08 pm

BuildingMyBento wrote:

Simple answer: not every flight overlaps. Amazed this has to be explained to airliners.net.

My home airport is JFK. Still, I have travelled to/from ISL+IST a total of 210 times, used SAW 54 times. Never transferred between the two.
Out of curiosity, which itineraries do you think overlaps better with a transfer between IST and SAW?

Blerg

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:18 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
There is an internal struggle going on between SAW and IST. After the closure of the Ataturk Airport, SAW's strategy has been to position itself as "Istanbul's City Airport". A lot of lobbying from the operators of IST to not grant SAW additional route rights, there's the whole second runway saga, first long haul flight SAW-KUL by Malaysia Airlines...

Malaysia is launching SAW? Really? I missed that one.

aldrigsomandre

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:19 pm

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

They're not. They had plans that did not materialise. Only a few charter flights, four to be exact.

Blerg

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:37 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

They're not. They had plans that did not materialise. Only a few charter flights, four to be exact.

Interesting, I didn't know about that.

aldrigsomandre

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know about that.

Just to answer the "Why SAW?" question: Malaysia Airports Berhad operates SAW.

Blerg

Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:06 pm

To be honest, I think it would be a waste of energy to try and limit SAW's future expansion. New IST is so far away to the west that now huge areas of Istanbul are naturally gravitating towards SAW ... and and for many of them Ataturk airport was a valid option in the past, new airport simply isn't.

What IST needs to do is make sure they remain relevant and competitive in the long run. TK has Anadoloujet so they are safe. I wonder if IST is somewhat limiting TK's expansion of Anadoloujet out of SAW.

LAXintl

Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:06 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:

You are really are imagining things.

There is no 'route rights' disparity or preference. Matter of fact, not a single Turkish bilateral separates out one airport versus another. If an airline wants to serve IST or SAW that is their own commercial decision.

Additionally, the government gains nothing by pitting one airport versus the other, as ultimately both are owned by the state and run by companies who pay the government fees for the operating rights (IGA at IST, and Malaysia Airports Holdings at SAW). The more successful each airport is, the more the government benefits ultimately.

SAW is a decent airport, albeit one that really is not an option for a significant portion of Istanbul being on far eastern end of the Asia side. Per catchment area studies, the new IST is still a better option for greater Istanbul (population, wealth, business areas, freight industry), especially when additional links like the rail line become operational. SAW is more a local community airport for Asian side along with being able to pull in some traffic from deeper Anatolia.

aldrigsomandre

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:09 pm

LAXintl wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

You are really are imagining things.

There is no 'route rights' disparity or preference. Matter of fact, not a single Turkish bilateral separates out one airport versus another. If an airline wants to serve IST or SAW that is their own commercial decision.

Additionally, the government gains nothing by pitting one airport versus the other, as ultimately both are owned by the state and run by companies who pay the government fees for the operating rights (IGA at IST, and Malaysia Airports Holdings at SAW). The more successful each airport is, the more the government benefits ultimately.

SAW is a decent airport, albeit one that really is not an option for a significant portion of Istanbul being on far eastern end of the Asia side. Per catchment area studies, the new IST is still a better option for greater Istanbul (population, wealth, business areas, freight industry), especially when additional links like the rail line become operational. SAW is more a local community airport for Asian side along with being able to pull in some traffic from deeper Anatolia.

How confrontational of you to accuse me of imagining things. I only conveyed what SAW airport officials personally told me. There are additional factors to consider such as the influence of the operators of IST on the government etc. It isn't as simple as that. SAW is not a government run entity whereas IST is a government project. I do not have anything against IST, nor SAW for that matter. Operators of IST do not want SAW to grow as they have a lot invested in IST.

mercure1

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:15 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
It isn't as simple as that. SAW is not a government-run entity whereas IST is a government project.

From what I understand from my dealings, SAW belong to the military, who allocated the land for the project and owns it today.

Per the online profile:

Management of Sabiha Gökçen Airport, of which profit would be used in projects concerning the development of technological infrastructure of our country’s defense industry and provision of Turkish Armed Forces’ needs, was decided to be given to a public capital based joint stock company that will be active within Turkish Commercial Code. As of 27 January 2000, Airport Management and Aviation Industries Inc. (HEAŞ) started to manage the airport with the 96,4% capital share of Undersecretariat for Defense Industries.

HEAŞ, which was established on 27th January 2000 with the partnership of Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM), being in the first place, TUSAŞ Aerospace Industries Inc. (TAI), Turkish Armed Forces Foundation (TSKGV), Turkish Air Association (THK), ASELSAN Electronics Industry and Trade Inc. (ASELSAN), and Air Electronic Industry and Trade Inc. (HAVELSAN) has continued its activities as a 3-partner company since 25.12.2014 when TAI, ASELSAN and HAVELSAN transferred their HEAŞ shares to TSKGV.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/hea%C5 ... -a.%C5%9F/

Blerg

Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:24 am

Today, 4th January, Air Serbia launches INI-IST marking its second destination out of IST and in a day or two they are launching their third destination: KVO.
From what I heard both flights are selling like hot cakes. INI will be operated by an A319 as part of a W rotation from Belgrade.

aldrigsomandre

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:20 am

Glad to see Air Serbia is doing well in Turkey.

Blerg

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:49 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Glad to see Air Serbia is doing well in Turkey.

Indeed however we have the Serbian government to thank for that. Some years ago when the market started to boom, TK became extremely aggressive. First they requested a third daily which the Serbian Directorate blocked. Then they requested to send widebodies every day and their request was turned down. Then they requested to send them from time to time and they were turned down once again. Meanwhile Pegasus and Atlasjet got rights to operate flights from Istanbul while TK was handicapped by an air service agreement that was signed in 1953.

This was the time when TK refused to cooperate with JU and when Air Serbia flew to SAW because they couldn't get the slots they wanted at Ataturk. Then politicians got involved on both sides and TK calmed down. JU finally got the slots they wanted at Ataturk and shortly after interline and codeshare agreements between the two were signed. Since then their partnership blossomed with TK sending widebodies very often, last summer they got the permit to launch ESB-BEG and now they got the rights for the third daily.

It is expected that JU and TK will have a codeshare from both INI and KVO so TK will get additional feed from these destinations.

It's quite rare that politicians' involvement in aviation actually produced positive results but that was the case here.

TKflyer

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 pm

According to Mr. Ayci, TURKISH AIRLINES will take over a total of 18 aircraft in 2022. 10 long-haul (A359 & 7879) and 8 (A321N & 73M8) medium-haul aircraft. In total, the fleet is to consist of 400 aircraft by end of the year, currently 373.

wedgetail737

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:00 am

TK787 wrote:
Both DEN and SEA likely to be 787 routes. So, first; Boeing deliveries has to start IMHO.

Oh..that's never...LOL!

Blerg

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:25 am

TKflyer wrote:
According to Mr. Ayci, TURKISH AIRLINES will take over a total of 18 aircraft in 2022. 10 long-haul (A359 & 7879) and 8 (A321N & 73M8) medium-haul aircraft. In total, the fleet is to consist of 400 aircraft by end of the year, currently 373.

Do they need so many aircraft? Will they move some to Anadoloujet? I noticed that this Thursday ESB-BEG was operated by a Turkish Airlines B738,

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:38 am

Speaking of Ilker AYCI of TK.
There are news that he and his wife were evacuated from Almaty on a TK Cargo flight, they were there on personal business.
Still, TK crews are stuck in the Kazakh turmoil.
TK stopped flights to Kazakhstan until Jan9th.

hohd

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:44 pm

With the current currency crisis in Turkey has there been any negative impact on travel especially Turkish citizens traveling internationally. How does TK price their domestic flights - in lira ? And how do they handle changing lira on international flights for passengers buying tickets in Turkey.

fil87

Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:50 pm

This time Turkish Airlines are driving me nuts. They cancelled my award flight from Saudi (Riyadh) to Amsterdam and their current policy is free flight re-schedule if within 30 days from the original flight date: my issue is that there are no flights available to re-book to within these 30 days! And if I cancel the whole booking, I will loose all my miles since the miles I used for this booking were due to expire on 31.12.2021.

Solidus

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:23 pm

fil87 wrote:
This time Turkish Airlines are driving me nuts. They cancelled my award flight from Saudi (Riyadh) to Amsterdam and their current policy is free flight re-schedule if within 30 days from the original flight date: my issue is that there are no flights available to re-book to within these 30 days! And if I cancel the whole booking, I will loose all my miles since the miles I used for this booking were due to expire on 31.12.2021.

Contact using form on web-site in written manner, maybe this would help.

debonair

Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:43 am

fil87 wrote:
This time Turkish Airlines are driving me nuts.

Depends in which country you are living, but e.g. in Germany TK is still one of very few airlines having an excellent sales ticket counter at the airport.

emre787

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 am

debonair wrote:
fil87 wrote:
This time Turkish Airlines are driving me nuts.

Depends in which country you are living, but e.g. in Germany TK is still one of very few airlines having an excellent sales ticket counter at the airport.

Exactly, and if this is not an option give them a call. They'll sort it out pretty sure.

Regarding Turkey - Saudi Arabian flights,I'm still wondering when regular flights will resume... Saudia still hasn't returned and TK is only flying a handful of flights under mysterious TK4xxx flight numbers like if they were some kind of charter flights. In the end it is all politics after all...

emre787

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:13 am

hohd wrote:
With the current currency crisis in Turkey has there been any negative impact on travel especially Turkish citizens traveling internationally. How does TK price their domestic flights - in lira ? And how do they handle changing lira on international flights for passengers buying tickets in Turkey.

Yes, it is affecting them severely. But the amount of turkish citizen traveling internationally was already down for some time now as the crisis didn't just emerge yesterday. So TK isn't experiencing a sharp decline now as it already got down over the years.

Domestic flights are priced in Lira and they definitely won't make profits through them.
International flights are priced in USD and therefore the prices in Lira change everyday.

OA260

Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:45 am

hohd wrote:

The majority of Turkish citizens are not flying Internationally. Those working abroad and business travellers are probably the norm. Well off Turks are still taking trips for leisure but even that is way down according to a friend of mine who works in a travel company in Istanbul. The Lira has tanked and although thats great for us visiting Turkey its made it even harder for those paid in Lira who may have wanted to travel.

TK will be relying on building back its network with foreign transit passengers especially in J class this year. The hoteliers along the Med resorts are also cautiously optimistic they will have a good season this Summer.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:58 pm

OA260 wrote:
The majority of Turkish citizens are not flying Internationally.

I agree with all that you say.
Just want to add couple of things:
-TK pax breakdown is 47% Domestic, 18% International, 27% Int to Int transfer
-Only 9% of TK revenue is in Turkish Lira. (25% of TK expense is Turkish Lira)

LAXintl

Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:02 am

As we have posted in the past, a weaker Lira has historically has benefited TK as a result of TK tending to earn very little in TL, but has a higher portion of expenses(such as salaries) in TL as TK787 has indicated.
Also just like fuel hedging, TK also hedges currencies to minimize negative impacts.

qf789

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:58 pm

A couple of movements on Friday at CHS regarding TK 789's

Turkish Airlines 789 TC-LLR at the fuel dock at CHS

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 55270?s=20

And an unpainted Turkish Airlines 789 TC-LLT LN1141 returns to CHS after a test flight

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 87681?s=20

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Thanks for the photos;
My favorite airplane :)

calcal

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:42 am

Hello, did TK say which business class seats are they ordering the new wide bodies with ? There were few articles about them not being happy with the Stelia seats but that was before Covid. I did not see anything about it after.

I just flew with the 787 between LAX-IST, while business class seats look way cooler than the old 77W seats, they are much tighter especially in the leg area. Lack of width may be tolerable if I did not constantly hit my legs at the top of the footrest. I hope they opt for something with an open design.

AB330

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:11 am

This was under the radar. But TK recently launched flights between Cebu and Istanbul using the A350-900 via MNL.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... onnection/

The flight will operate twice weekly while TK maintains a daily frequency at MNL. I wonder if there is a chance in the future the route will become direct and will TK depoyed there B789 instead of the A359?

mercure1

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:50 am

AB330 wrote:
This was under the radar. But TK recently launched flights between Cebu and Istanbul using the A350-900 via MNL.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... onnection/

The flight will operate twice weekly while TK maintains a daily frequency at MNL. I wonder if there is a chance in the future the route will become direct and will TK depoyed there B789 instead of the A359?

It was posted a few months back when announced. Supposed to go 3x weekly giving MNL 10x weekly service ultimately.

ARNbased

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 am

Hi all,

Quick reports from a couple of recent TK flights (CDG-IST, IST-LAX, LAX-IST, IST-ARN) in C:

- Mask compliance was much improved over my TK flights this summer, although nowhere near compliance on recent AC and UA flights.
- Business lounge in IST open again, according to staff 24/7. Lounge was pretty much deserted on both visits, at max 10-15% occupacy. Wonderful! Never had a better lounge experience at IST (/Ataturk), despite some pre-pandemic offerings still missing (eg baklava, cakes, salad bar, ...). Enoyed tasty manti, tikka masala and noodles.
- Total chaos at boarding x4. Long lines, lots of crowding, no social distancing, hot, multiple security checks, long delays, poor info, ..., .
- Excellent hard product on all flights, short hauls in A321N with the "new" recliners, and long hauls in 777s (one new and one older with refurbished interior). Super comfy!
- Excellent soft product on all flights. Very good crew, despite some language barriers.
- Food on long haul back to roughly 2017-offering, that is carts but no buffet style. Tasty but small-ish portions. Same selection as always. So, worse than pre-2017 and post-2018 (if I remember correctly) but much, much, much improved over my latest TK long haul C flights this summer. Short haul food same as pre-pandemic. Nice to have PDB back again.
- Very cold on all flights. Appreciated :)

My next scheduled TK flights is this summer, to ORD. In three weeks I'll fly to the US again, with SK on A330 to MIA. Then again in March with UA on B787-9 to IAH. (Pending negative covid tests, of course.) My guess is that those flights will be substantially worse than TK. I've always loved TK and it makes me glad to see service levels more or less restored. Can't wait to fly them again :)

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am

calcal wrote:
Hello, did TK say which business class seats are they ordering the new wide bodies with ? There were few articles about them not being happy with the Stelia seats but that was before Covid. I did not see anything about it after.

I just flew with the 787 between LAX-IST, while business class seats look way cooler than the old 77W seats, they are much tighter especially in the leg area. Lack of width may be tolerable if I did not constantly hit my legs at the top of the footrest. I hope they opt for something with an open design.

-Yes, I had the same experience with 789 seats my first time, but those rumors are not going anywhere. TK is going with the same seats for the foreseable future for their 789, 359s. If you want privacy you go with those, if you want comfort/flying with a friend you go with the 77W, 333. (if you have the option, like we do at JFK)

-About Cebu, it might stay as a triangle flight for sometime or forever. Some TK triangle flights eventually get separated, but some stay the way they are.

-Thanks for the TR, ARNbased. Nice to hear some improvements at TK Long Haul.

LLA001

Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:08 am

I will really miss C seats at 77W/333, even if you are flying solo I would prefer these, they feel much more spacious.

As for transfer from New Airport to Sabiha Gokcen, currently I believe it would be faster to fly to Ankara or İzmir and fly back to Sabiha Gokcen rather than taking public transportation between two airports ( sounds like a great Top Gear Challenge) but this reminded me of an old news where they once announced a fast train line between both airports via the newly built YSS bridge ( YSS has space for train lines in its middle part).

I couldn't find exactly that news but I found a plan that shows this scheme,

https://www.hepsiemlak.com/emlak-yasam/ ... il-gidilir

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:33 pm

Anyone knows what is the occasion for this TK 77W flight, from Istanbul to Punta Cana??
By any chance, is this for the crew of "Survivor Turkey", going there to shoot the next season??
https://www.flightradar24.com/THY3278/2a727e24

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos