Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BeowulfShaeffer

Re: Austin Aviation Thread - 2022

Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm

dgtx42 wrote:
Western727 wrote:
AUS now advising arriving 2.5 hrs early for domestics and 3 hrs for international flights: https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ ... e-earlier/

I am assuming that this recommendation comes after another disastrous morning at the airport last weekend:

https://www.kut.org/transportation/2022-05-16/tsa-lines-out-the-door-return-to-abia

Does SFO still have contract security instead of TSA, and, if so, is it still working well for them? If both are true, can we do the same in Austin? If it's working in high cost-of-living / short labor pool SFO, could it work here?

WN732

Wed May 18, 2022 3:35 pm

BeowulfShaeffer wrote:
dgtx42 wrote:
Western727 wrote:
AUS now advising arriving 2.5 hrs early for domestics and 3 hrs for international flights: https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ ... e-earlier/

I am assuming that this recommendation comes after another disastrous morning at the airport last weekend:

https://www.kut.org/transportation/2022-05-16/tsa-lines-out-the-door-return-to-abia

Does SFO still have contract security instead of TSA, and, if so, is it still working well for them? If both are true, can we do the same in Austin? If it's working in high cost-of-living / short labor pool SFO, could it work here?

SFO does have the coolest belt system I've seen at a checkpoint.

Western727

Wed May 18, 2022 7:54 pm

WN732 wrote:
dgtx42 wrote:
Western727 wrote:

20% jump in passengers is incredible. I love this city but we are so woefully unprepared for this. Has anyone else noticed how strange the parking situation at AUS is too? In the Economy lot the barriers are moved every day and that forces you to park very far even though there are some lots that are wide open. It's very strange.

Woefully unprepared is right.

I agree on the parking situation; I used to just show up at The Parking Spot (now TPS West) unannounced and never had a problem across virtually all days of the week over my years of frequent business travel from AUS (from 2007 when I moved here through about 2019). Then I found it full once shortly before the pandemic and then again several weeks ago, forcing me to park elsewhere. I now make reservations in advance, something unthinkable for over a decade.

Wacko55

Sat May 21, 2022 3:46 am

KLM Becomes The Airline Sponsor Of Austin Football Club

https://simpleflying.com/klm-austin-foo ... b-sponsor/

BY
LUKAS SOUZA

Today, Austin FC announced that KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) is now an official club partner. Austin FC is the Austin Football Club (or soccer for the American readers) and recently joined the MLS (Major League Soccer), the first division of professional football in the United States.

...."At the launch of the route, KLM was flying to Austin three times per week. The AMS-AUS route was operated on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Due to strong demand, KLM announced today that it will be operating the route year-round. When the route was first announced in 2019, KLM planned to service the route on its Airbus A330-300 aircraft but it is now serviced on the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner."

reednavy

Sat May 21, 2022 4:39 pm

One has to wonder if all these problems at AUS will be an ever so slight advantage for SAT to say "you may have to drive a little farther, but you won't miss your flight due to TSA here."

Western727

Mon May 23, 2022 7:09 pm

reednavy wrote:
One has to wonder if all these problems at AUS will be an ever so slight advantage for SAT to say "you may have to drive a little farther, but you won't miss your flight due to TSA here."

You may just be right. To wit, another article about AUS's ongoing attempt to terminate the South Terminal lease: https://www.kut.org/transportation/2022 ... t-frontier

FlyingSicilian

Mon May 23, 2022 7:43 pm

reednavy wrote:

From San Marcos south maybe that marketing might work if it becomes a longer term challenge. However AUS has so many destinations non-stop those NS flights are still a convenient draw.
    https://www.flightconnections.com/
    Just type in AUS vs SAT there and you can see the difference.

reednavy

Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 pm

FlyingSicilian wrote:
      reednavy wrote:

From San Marcos south maybe that marketing might work if it becomes a longer term challenge. However AUS has so many destinations non-stop those NS flights are still a convenient draw.
      https://www.flightconnections.com/
      Just type in AUS vs SAT there and you can see the difference.

That's why I said it's a "slight" advantage. Personally, I'd rather connect out of SAT knowing full and well how jacked up AUS is and is getting worse it seems like.

jplatts

Wed May 25, 2022 12:58 am

malev2012 wrote:
      Agree, but I definitely think a 15-20 gate terminal is what is likely to happen. Especially if DAL continues to be gate constrained, it just makes sense for WN to have both HOU and AUS as options to flow connections.

Here are the Q4 2021 PDEW's of the top contiguous U.S. markets traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop out of AUS by WN:
      AUS-NYC - 1310 (WN previously served EWR nonstop from AUS, WN no longer serves EWR)
      AUS-BOS/MHT/PVD - 523 (WN previously served BOS nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-SEA - 419 (WN previously served SEA nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-DTW - 252
      AUS-PDX - 217 (WN previously served PDX nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-PHL - 213 (WN previously served PHL nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-CLT - 203
      AUS-CVG - 146
      AUS-PIT - 98
      AUS-CLE/CAK - 93
      AUS-JAX - 79
      AUS-RNO - 68
      AUS-RIC - 66
      AUS-MKE - 63
      AUS-RSW - 62
      AUS-BDL - 61
      AUS-GRR - 60
      AUS-BOI - 59
      AUS-MEM - 54 (WN previously served MEM nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-ORF/PHF - 53
      AUS-PSP - 46

Is WN likely to add any nonstop service out of AUS to any of the above destinations? If so, which of the above destinations are likely to see nonstop service added out of AUS by WN?

CarlosSi

Wed May 25, 2022 1:48 am

jplatts wrote:
      malev2012 wrote:
      Agree, but I definitely think a 15-20 gate terminal is what is likely to happen. Especially if DAL continues to be gate constrained, it just makes sense for WN to have both HOU and AUS as options to flow connections.

Here are the Q4 2021 PDEW's of the top contiguous U.S. markets traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop out of AUS by WN:
      AUS-NYC - 1310 (WN previously served EWR nonstop from AUS, WN no longer serves EWR)
      AUS-BOS/MHT/PVD - 523 (WN previously served BOS nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-SEA - 419 (WN previously served SEA nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-DTW - 252
      AUS-PDX - 217 (WN previously served PDX nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-PHL - 213 (WN previously served PHL nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-CLT - 203
      AUS-CVG - 146
      AUS-PIT - 98
      AUS-CLE/CAK - 93
      AUS-JAX - 79
      AUS-RNO - 68
      AUS-RIC - 66
      AUS-MKE - 63
      AUS-RSW - 62
      AUS-BDL - 61
      AUS-GRR - 60
      AUS-BOI - 59
      AUS-MEM - 54 (WN previously served MEM nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-ORF/PHF - 53
      AUS-PSP - 46

Is WN likely to add any nonstop service out of AUS to any of the above destinations? If so, which of the above destinations are likely to see nonstop service added out of AUS by WN?

If any of them, likely reduced frequencies.

I'd bear in mind just because the PDEW doesn't fill up an airplane, this is a yearly average and it is normal during slow travel times for an airplane to be far from full. Also profits and similar economies.

uconn99

Wed May 25, 2022 4:37 am

BDL-AUS is one of the CAA (Connecticut Airport Authority) targets for non stop service. If Breeze begins service in AUS I could see them fly the route or potentially, B6 or NK.

Western727

Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 pm

uconn99 wrote:
      BDL-AUS is one of the CAA (Connecticut Airport Authority) targets for non stop service. If Breeze begins service in AUS I could see them fly the route or potentially, B6 or NK.

I'm not sure about that. 61 PDEW doesn't suggest a sustainable route.

Wacko55

Wed May 25, 2022 2:07 pm

Virgin Atlantic service starts today.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VIR231

jplatts

Wed May 25, 2022 2:27 pm

Western727 wrote:
      uconn99 wrote:

AUS-BDL is within the range of E-175 regional jets and could be served nonstop by American Eagle on E-175 regional jets. AA had also previously operated E-175 regional jets on DFW-EUG, which is approximately the same distance as AUS-BDL.

AA would probably be able to fill an E-175 regional jet on AUS-BDL with the amount of O&D demand that is there between BDL and AUS.

WN might be able to make AUS-BDL nonstop service work with the connections that WN would be able to offer to AMA, ELP, LAS, LAX, LBB, MAF, PHX, and SAN through AUS from BDL in addition to the AUS-BDL O&D traffic that WN would be capturing if WN adds AUS-BDL nonstop service.

Western727

Wed May 25, 2022 2:59 pm

jplatts wrote:
      Western727 wrote:
      uconn99 wrote:

AUS-BDL is within the range of E-175 regional jets and could be served nonstop by American Eagle on E-175 regional jets. AA had also previously operated E-175 regional jets on DFW-EUG, which is approximately the same distance as AUS-BDL.

AA would probably be able to fill an E-175 regional jet on AUS-BDL with the amount of O&D demand that is there between BDL and AUS.

WN might be able to make AUS-BDL nonstop service work with the connections that WN would be able to offer to AMA, ELP, LAS, LAX, LBB, MAF, PHX, and SAN through AUS from BDL in addition to the AUS-BDL O&D traffic that WN would be capturing if WN adds AUS-BDL nonstop service.

Noted and a good point about the 175, which I'd forgotten about. Plus, AA's AUS focus city does make connections possible as well. As for WN, though, I imagine it'd be a bit harder with their larger jets, even the 73Gs.

uconn99

Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Western727 wrote:
      uconn99 wrote:

I do agree that 61 PDEW is low however a non stop flight should stimulate that number, especially with some people in the BDL catchment area who may be driving to BOS or NYC for a non stop option.

I did forget about AA and their buildup in AUS. AA is still the largest carrier at BDL and this may work with an E175 to allow some connections as well.

jplatts

Wed May 25, 2022 11:53 pm

Here are the Q4 2021 PDEW's of the top contiguous U.S. markets traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop out of AUS by AA:
      AUS-SFO/OAK/SJC - 906 (AA codeshares on AS AUS-SFO/SJC, WN serves OAK/SJC nonstop from AUS, UA serves SFO nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-ATL - 520 (DL/WN serve ATL nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-SEA - 419 (AA codeshares on AS AUS-SEA, DL serves SEA nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-SAN - 353 (AA codeshares on AS AUS-SAN, WN serves SAN nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-MSP - 271 (DL/WN serve MSP nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-DTW - 252 (DL serves DTW nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-SLC - 227 (DL/WN serve SLC nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-PDX - 217 (AA codeshares on AS AUS-PDX)
      AUS-SMF - 153 (WN serves SMF nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-PIT - 98 (G4 serves PIT nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-CMH - 93 (WN serves CMH nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-CLE/CAK - 93
      AUS-IAH/HOU - 89 (UA serves IAH nonstop from AUS, WN serves HOU nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-RIC - 66
      AUS-MKE - 63
      AUS-CHS - 62 (WN serves CHS nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-RSW - 62 (AA recently operated AUS-RSW nonstop service, but completely dropped AUS-RSW nonstop service from its schedules)
      AUS-BDL - 61
      AUS-GRR - 60 (G4 serves GRR nonstop from AUS)
      AUS-BOI - 59 (AA codeshares on AS AUS-BOI)

Is AA likely to add any of the above nonstop flights on its own metal out of AUS? If so, which of the above routes are likely to be added out of AUS by AA on AA or American Eagle metal?

FlyingSicilian

Thu May 26, 2022 3:43 am

jplatts wrote:
      Here are the Q4 2021 PDEW's of the top contiguous U.S. markets traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop out of AUS by AA:

AUS-IAH/HOU - 89 (UA serves IAH nonstop from AUS, WN serves HOU nonstop from AUS)

Is AA likely to add any of the above nonstop flights on its own metal out of AUS? If so, which of the above routes are likely to be added out of AUS by AA on AA or American Eagle metal?

Just a fun history thought for me, but before the DCA perimeter changes for AUS, AA used to fly AUS-HOU-DCA . It was a fun and popular flight back-in-the-day. Doubt it comes back since the biggest market is via automobile.

24Whiskey

Thu May 26, 2022 3:28 pm

Don’t forget when VX did AUS-DAL (in 2017ish?) and made a lot of Southwest commuters happy. I think there was an issue of preserving DAL gate space more than making any money on the route.

Don’t think there’s any money in the Texas triangle besides with the established players.

malev2012

Thu May 26, 2022 6:09 pm

FlyingSicilian wrote:
      jplatts wrote:

Just a fun history thought for me, but before the DCA perimeter changes for AUS, AA used to fly AUS-HOU-DCA . It was a fun and popular flight back-in-the-day. Doubt it comes back since the biggest market is via automobile.

Wish we'd get the DCA perimeter changed along with LGA. The basis of longer flights being louder is so outdated. I imagine AA and DL would be happy to cut flights to smaller market to use slots to Austin.

ScottB

Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 pm

FlyingSicilian wrote:

They also flew AUS-HOU-LGA and that route lasted longer than AUS-HOU-DCA. I think AUS-HOU-LGA went away in the same timeframe as TZ entering HOU-LGA with a WN codeshare.

WN732

Fri May 27, 2022 3:56 am

malev2012 wrote:
      FlyingSicilian wrote:
      jplatts wrote:

Wish we'd get the DCA perimeter changed along with LGA. The basis of longer flights being louder is so outdated. I imagine AA and DL would be happy to cut flights to smaller market to use slots to Austin.

Is that the whole reason why that rule exists?

CarlosSi

Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 am

Western727 wrote:
      jplatts wrote:
      Western727 wrote:

Noted and a good point about the 175, which I'd forgotten about. Plus, AA's AUS focus city does make connections possible as well. As for WN, though, I imagine it'd be a bit harder with their larger jets, even the 73Gs.

Plus it's not the volume of traffic necessarily that drives profit; it's how much of those tickets sold are for the front of the airplane. I'd bet with 61 PDEW that a good chunk are going to be business. Is biz traffic back up?

ScottB

Fri May 27, 2022 8:15 am

WN732 wrote:
      Is that the whole reason why that rule exists?

Not really. The real reasons for the DCA perimeter rule boil down to congestion management and encouraging the use of Washington Mirabel. To quote from a report produced by the GAO in 2020 (https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-21-176.pdf):

starting in the 1960’s, the federal government placed restrictions on flights at Reagan National to, among other things, help manage congestion and delays at the airport and direct longer flights to Washington Dulles International Airport (Dulles) to spur growth.

Noise was added as a consideration for the rule in 1981:

In 1981, the perimeter rule was expanded via FAA rulemakings to 1,000 miles. At that time, FAA adopted a number of objectives for the perimeter rule, including to provide the D.C. area with safe and efficient airport facilities, reduce aircraft noise and congestion associated with Reagan National, and promote better utilization of Dulles Airport.

Western727

Fri May 27, 2022 12:16 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
      Western727 wrote:
      jplatts wrote:

Plus it's not the volume of traffic necessarily that drives profit; it's how much of those tickets sold are for the front of the airplane. I'd bet with 61 PDEW that a good chunk are going to be business. Is biz traffic back up?

Good point about business travelers which includes me, and I don't really know much about BDL's business market; I've only flown there once for business (and that was a good 5 or so years ago) while I've flown countless times to the other airports in the NE seaboard.

CarlosSi

Sat May 28, 2022 4:29 am

Western727 wrote:
      CarlosSi wrote:
      Western727 wrote:

Good point about business travelers which includes me, and I don't really know much about BDL's business market; I've only flown there once for business (and that was a good 5 or so years ago) while I've flown countless times to the other airports in the NE seaboard.

On the other hand, I don't believe there are business class on their e75s. Only first class. IIRC those don't make as much of a profit. Aren't those mostly frequent flyers upgrading? I imagine some may be traveling for business and pay for that higher-priced ticket.

Wacko55

Mon May 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Jshank83

Mon May 30, 2022 3:42 pm

Wacko55 wrote:

What’s the customs setup at AUS? Arrivals wise? How many can they handle at a time? Gate wise.

BA744PHX

Mon May 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

What’s the customs setup at AUS? Arrivals wise? How many can they handle at a time? Gate wise.

Shouldn’t be an issue they are arriving within a 2 1/2 hour period of each other.

Now if there is a problem, then there are bigger issues that need to be addressed.

If my memory is correct, only Monday has 4 euro arrivals and all other days are 2-3 correct?

Jshank83

Mon May 30, 2022 4:00 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

Shouldn’t be an issue they are arriving within a 2 1/2 hour period of each other.

Now if there is a problem, then there are bigger issues that need to be addressed.

If my memory is correct, only Monday has 4 euro arrivals and all other days are 2-3 correct?

I assume Caribbean/Mexican flights are coming in also so they must have a decent amount of international gates, although today it looks like they might not overlap. Just curious on how many gates.

Wacko55

Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

Gates 1-6 are international capable. Gates 1, 2 and 3 can accommodate 3 heavies simultaneously. Customs hall can process 600 an hour.

Polot

Mon May 30, 2022 5:27 pm

Wacko55 wrote:

Just substitute the KL 787 for a 777 and you have the full gambit of modern long haul wide bodies.

Jshank83

Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

Gates 1-6 are international capable. Gates 1, 2 and 3 can accommodate 3 heavies simultaneously. Customs hall can process 600 an hour.

Do they block any of the other gates or can they do 3 heavies and 3 narrowbody all at the same time?

Wacko55

Mon May 30, 2022 6:20 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:

Do they block any of the other gates or can they do 3 heavies and 3 narrowbody all at the same time?

I believe gate 4 is blocked or some variation thereof when gates 1-4 are occupied by heavies. I'm not sure though. I think 3 heavies and 2 narrows simultaneously but I could be wrong.

CPS001

Tue May 31, 2022 5:20 am

Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

As far as I know only 2 heavies can park simultaneously - 1/3 and 2/4 - with twin jetbridges each. If occupied they block off 1 through 4 from narrowbodies. Unsure if 5 and 6 are intl. As I've mentioned previously any delay will create a cascading effect as AUS is playing catch up with intl gate space. From my experience the customs hall is *cozy* with 2 flights at a time; anything more (like a delay) will be pretty ugly.

khowaga

Austin Aviation Thread - 2022

Tue May 31, 2022 10:34 pm

CPS001 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:

As far as I know only 2 heavies can park simultaneously - 1/3 and 2/4 - with twin jetbridges each. If occupied they block off 1 through 4 from narrowbodies. Unsure if 5 and 6 are intl. As I've mentioned previously any delay will create a cascading effect as AUS is playing catch up with intl gate space. From my experience the customs hall is *cozy* with 2 flights at a time; anything more (like a delay) will be pretty ugly.

5 and 6 are int’l as well; last time I came in on AM we docked at 6.

However, just for funsies, there are two arrivals from CUN at 5 and 5:40 (WN and AA respectively), and AM from MEX comes in around 6:30, so that’s gotta be fun…

That said, I was outside int’l arrivals when KL came in a couple weeks ago, and they were processing those *fast* — the plane was still taxiing in when we docked. We usually wait for our ride down by international arrivals; by the time we got over there after baggage claim, there was already a crowd of people coming out of customs.

In fact, when I came in on the 5:40 AA arrival from CUN about a month ago, the WN flight that came in at 5 had already processed and there was no one left in customs.

Western727

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:50 pm

khowaga wrote:
      CPS001 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

5 and 6 are int’l as well; last time I came in on AM we docked at 6.

However, just for funsies, there are two arrivals from CUN at 5 and 5:40 (WN and AA respectively), and AM from MEX comes in around 6:30, so that’s gotta be fun…

That said, I was outside int’l arrivals when KL came in a couple weeks ago, and they were processing those *fast* — the plane was still taxiing in when we docked. We usually wait for our ride down by international arrivals; by the time we got over there after baggage claim, there was already a crowd of people coming out of customs.

In fact, when I came in on the 5:40 AA arrival from CUN about a month ago, the WN flight that came in at 5 had already processed and there was no one left in customs.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing; it's been a few years since I last arrived at AUS on an international flight.

Sounds like CBP has good staffing levels unlike the TSA checkpoints.

slowrambler

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Western727 wrote:
      That's good to know, thanks for sharing; it's been a few years since I last arrived at AUS on an international flight.

Sounds like CBP has good staffing levels unlike the TSA checkpoints.

The impression I get is that CBP clears things very fast, and the main limitation is getting bags to the claim. It easily takes BA an hour to offload all the bags; hopefully the other airlines are faster.

BWIAirport

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

I believe gate 4 is blocked or some variation thereof when gates 1-4 are occupied by heavies. I'm not sure though. I think 3 heavies and 2 narrows simultaneously but I could be wrong.

Just looking at satellite images it looks like gates 1, 2, 3, and 6A can simultaneously service widebodies. That takes gate 4 out of commission.

Wacko55

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:54 pm

BA744PHX

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:36 pm

Wacko55 wrote:

So basically AUS will loose BA if this happens

Malayil

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:59 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

Would be weird for BA, think this route has done well for them.

Wacko55

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:14 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

I read it as AA adding AUS/LHR on their own metal. Don't both BA and AA serve PHX/LHR?

BWIAirport

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:20 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
      BA744PHX wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

I read it as AA adding AUS/LHR on their own metal. Don't both BA and AA serve PHX/LHR?

They do, with a much larger oneWorld connection pool on the PHX side than what they have in AUS.

BA744PHX

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:36 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:
      BA744PHX wrote:

They do, with a much larger oneWorld connection pool on the PHX side than what they have in AUS.

This would be to help BA since they are short on staffing and fleet, AA would be to assist, similar with what happened with BA in MIA

BA744PHX

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
      BA744PHX wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

Yes BA & AA serve PHXLHR, both are hubs

WN732

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:40 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
      BWIAirport wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

This would be to help BA since they are short on staffing and fleet, AA would be to assist, similar with what happened with BA in MIA

I'm sure AA wouldn't mind having this on their own metal. Does AA actually have a better product up front than BA? At least in the config that BA deploys at AUS now?

Wacko55

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:45 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:
      BA744PHX wrote:

The only AA hub that offers LHR flights that doesn't have both BA and AA service is CLT. RDU is the other exception but not a hub. If anything I see AUS keeping BA and AA never starting LHR service. However, I would have also told you I never would have thought AA would have built up AUS as much as they currently have so I guess anything is possible.

BA744PHX

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 pm

Wacko55 wrote:
      BWIAirport wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:

The only AA hub that offers LHR flights that doesn't have both BA and AA service is CLT. RDU is the other exception but not a hub. If anything I see AUS keeping BA and AA never starting LHR service. However, I would have also told you I never would have thought AA would have built up AUS as much as they currently have so I guess anything is possible.

You should read Jon Twitter feed which discuss this,

CPS001

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
      Wacko55 wrote:
      Jshank83 wrote:

Just looking at satellite images it looks like gates 1, 2, 3, and 6A can simultaneously service widebodies. That takes gate 4 out of commission.

1 and 3 can't take widebodies simultaneously. In fact widebodies use them together (2 jetbridges, boarding from both 1 and 3). Similarly 2 and 4 are used together. I've never seen 6A used for a widebody but perhaps it is capable of handling them. Hence that's 2 (or 3) widebodies max.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos