Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BA744PHX

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

I noticed AA has retimed PHX-LHR from June 03, the current flight departs anywhere from 03:00PM-03:30PM, however its now departing at 06:15PM to LHR however it still arrives at 12:30PM into PHX. Leaving nearly 6 hours of ground time. Is there another flight planned for that period or will the aircraft sit ideal?

sagechan

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:35 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I noticed AA has retimed PHX-LHR from June 03, the current flight departs anywhere from 03:00PM-03:30PM, however its now departing at 06:15PM to LHR however it still arrives at 12:30PM into PHX. Leaving nearly 6 hours of ground time. Is there another flight planned for that period or will the aircraft sit ideal?

It looks like their are 5 772s this summer to LHR, odds are its just a different aircraft.

elisrosa80

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:24 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

Looks like they have retimed DFW-CDG as well.

Currently:

1700 DEP - 0900 ARR

After March 27th,

2100 DEP - 1330 ARR

travaz

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Its interesting that the AA PHX LHR flight is timed so close to the BA flight. It could get dicey with the lack of appropriate gates at PHX.

austwin

Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:46 pm

How many widebody gates does PHX have at T4 for International use?

BA744PHX

Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:33 pm

travaz wrote:
Its interesting that the AA PHX LHR flight is timed so close to the BA flight. It could get dicey with the lack of appropriate gates at PHX.

I thought the same, they are within 90 minutes of each other now, since AA launch they always had a 4 hour gap.

dcajet

Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:50 pm

cathay747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
AA adds a second daily MIA-GIG effective 03FEB22, operates during February only,

AA263 MIA 22:45 GIG 09:05+1 X 77E
AA262 GIG 22:30 MIA 05:10+1 X 77E

I'm guessing this isn't for Carnival then (other than the tail end of it for those going to GIG), cuz I just looked that up and it's running 25FEB-05MAR this year. Curious.

I thought the same. I am sure Carnival generates more demand, even if it's the tail end of it. Also, Brazil no longer requires a tourist visa for US citizens, so that may also be part of the increased demand. In any case, good news for GIG that has not been getting a lot of TLC lately from international airlines. Its international terminal is pretty much empty for most of the day.

chonetsao

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:07 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I checked June timetable from PHX to LAX/SEA/DFW/JFK/MIA/ORD/BOS/RDU/CLT/PHL and no B777-200 is scheduled so far. So I assume this aircraft will do some light maintenance in PHX or just sit there. Maybe the delayed departure from 3pm to 6pm is to avoid hot and humid weather condition in the afternoon? Or maybe they think it is better for connections into PHX to meet the departure of LHR at 6pm instead of 3pm?

FSDan

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 am

BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I don't think you'll see another flight added. 6 hours of ground time isn't unheard of for turning long haul aircraft. The aircraft quite likely wouldn't sit at the gate all that time, though - it might be towed to a hardstand or to a domestic gate.

FSDan

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:26 am

austwin wrote:

I think there might just be two that can handle category V aircraft, B23A and B25. Use of B23A for a widebody looks like it would limit the adjacent domestic gate to a CRJ (which is pretty much all that uses the domestic gates on the eastern pier of T4 anyway...). Not sure if B28 can take a category IV aircraft like a 767, but that doesn't matter for AA anyway.

Beyond the international-capable widebody gates, AA also has use of A30X and B13X, both of which can accommodate widebodies while blocking adjacent gates. If the new turn time for the LHR flight is really going to be 6 hours, that's plenty of time to arrive at an international gate, deplane, and tow to a domestic gate for boarding and departure, maybe even with a stint on a hardstand in between.

JohanTally

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 am

I'm looking at Hawaii flights from PHX on the 321Neo and they are blocking a significant amount of seats typically between 13 and 33 seats for HNL OGG LIH and KOA. It seems like they haven't quite found the right aircraft for the route with the 757s retired. I wonder if a subfleet XLRs is being considered so that these routes can operate without restrictions. If AA commits to PHX long term they might need to come up with a more efficient Hawaii strategy.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:55 am

JohanTally wrote:
I'm looking at Hawaii flights from PHX on the 321Neo and they are blocking a significant amount of seats typically between 13 and 33 seats for HNL OGG LIH and KOA. It seems like they haven't quite found the right aircraft for the route with the 757s retired. I wonder if a subfleet XLRs is being considered so that these routes can operate without restrictions. If AA commits to PHX long term they might need to come up with a more efficient Hawaii strategy.

AA has 50 XLRs on order. I’m sure Europe and Hawaii are both going to get some use out of them.

JohanTally

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:03 am

Jshank83 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

AA has 50 XLRs on order. I’m sure Europe and Hawaii are both going to get some use out of them.

I am surprised that the Neo isn't able to handle the roughly 2600nm routes with a full passenger cabin but they are blocking seats about everyday I looked at from now until summer. OGG is using the 789 right now but switches to the Neo in the spring and starts blocking seats.

PHLspecial

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm

JohanTally wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

I am surprised that the Neo isn't able to handle the roughly 2600nm routes with a full passenger cabin but they are blocking seats about everyday I looked at from now until summer. OGG is using the 789 right now but switches to the Neo in the spring and starts blocking seats.

Something is not adding up right, I thought the base 321neo had a range of 3500nm. Either West bound winds are strong or lots of cargo.

ContinentalEWR

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Europe and Latin America (some markets) will be the focal points of the XLR deployment first, then probably Hawaii.

JohanTally

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Something is not adding up right, I thought the base 321neo had a range of 3500nm. Either West bound winds are strong or lots of cargo.

I agree it seems odd but seats are blocked in the winter spring and summer so it's not just strong winter winds and the flights leave before peak heat of the day at PHX.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:40 pm

JohanTally wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

I agree it seems odd but seats are blocked in the winter spring and summer so it's not just strong winter winds and the flights leave before peak heat of the day at PHX.

Extra cargo?

hayzel777

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:22 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

The new passenger weights are likely affecting the range. The 3500nm range was likely calculated with the old weights and at minimum fuel reserve.

panam330

Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 pm

JohanTally wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Is it only a handful of seats? Not privy to their contracts these days but given scheduled westbound flight times, is it possible it's just for crew rest?

JohanTally

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:38 pm

panam330 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

Is it only a handful of seats? Not privy to their contracts these days but given scheduled westbound flight times, is it possible it's just for crew rest?

No the least blocked seats I've seen was 13 so it can't be crew rest and the flights should all be under 8 hours. LIH seems to have the highest quantity of blocked seats with tomorrows flight blocking 22. Less seats are blocked in April and May so it might be the warm summer weather and strong winter winds.

austwin

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm

FSDan wrote:
austwin wrote:

I think there might just be two that can handle category V aircraft, B23A and B25. Use of B23A for a widebody looks like it would limit the adjacent domestic gate to a CRJ (which is pretty much all that uses the domestic gates on the eastern pier of T4 anyway...). Not sure if B28 can take a category IV aircraft like a 767, but that doesn't matter for AA anyway.

Beyond the international-capable widebody gates, AA also has use of A30X and B13X, both of which can accommodate widebodies while blocking adjacent gates. If the new turn time for the LHR flight is really going to be 6 hours, that's plenty of time to arrive at an international gate, deplane, and tow to a domestic gate for boarding and departure, maybe even with a stint on a hardstand in between.

Thanks for the info. I thought I'd read when they repaved the tarmac they'd changed gates so they'd be able to handle widebody aircraft.

MIflyer12

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Europe and Latin America (some markets) will be the focal points of the XLR deployment first, then probably Hawaii.

Do you anticipate a different seating config for Hawaii (and maybe some other markets selectively), or do you suppose they'll try to run with lie-flats out of PHX?

JohanTally

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:53 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Do you anticipate a different seating config for Hawaii (and maybe some other markets selectively), or do you suppose they'll try to run with lie-flats out of PHX?

If the XLR is used for Hawaii it would have to be a denser more leisure oriented cabin. They would probably fit the same Kodiak cabin but with PTVs, this is all speculation and PHX would have to remain an AA hub for that subfleet to exist.

alasizon

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:59 pm

FSDan wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I don't think you'll see another flight added. 6 hours of ground time isn't unheard of for turning long haul aircraft. The aircraft quite likely wouldn't sit at the gate all that time, though - it might be towed to a hardstand or to a domestic gate.

The PHX-LHR schedule isn't quite set last I heard. It has been tinkered with numerous times as they keep changing the arrival slot in LHR. Odds of it actually being a six hour turn in PHX is pretty slim, it'll probably get adjusted down to leave around 16:00 once everything else shakes out.

It for sure will not spend any time on a hardstand, there are no Group V hardstands on the north side of the airport and the tow to the new West hardstands is about 35-40 minutes in each direction from N4.

austwin wrote:
FSDan wrote:
austwin wrote:

Thanks for the info. I thought I'd read when they repaved the tarmac they'd changed gates so they'd be able to handle widebody aircraft.

A30 and B13 were the gates adjusted to allow for widebodies. Originally only B14, B13 and I believe A14 were capable of handling 762s. Everything bigger had to go to B23/B25. B28 has the capability to hold 763s and if we ever get the opportunity it'll be fit tested for 788s and 332s (also requires B26 to use an alternate lead-in line and would be restricted to E75s and smaller).

JohanTally wrote:
panam330 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

No the least blocked seats I've seen was 13 so it can't be crew rest and the flights should all be under 8 hours. LIH seems to have the highest quantity of blocked seats with tomorrows flight blocking 22. Less seats are blocked in April and May so it might be the warm summer weather and strong winter winds.

LIH does get six seats blocked for crew rest (I want to say the AA FA contract requires it once it hits 7 hours block). The rest aren't actual restrictions, some seats are blocked in advance for payload purposes in the event winds are stronger than normal but all of the flights typically can and do depart with all 196 seats filled (thank goodness for halfweights).

Same thing happens in certain hot & high markets (i.e. RNO/ABQ) where a certain number of seats are pre-blocked by Ops Engineering but then Revenue Management still sells all the way up to aircraft capacity.

usflyer msp

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:08 pm

JohanTally wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:

If the XLR is used for Hawaii it would have to be a denser more leisure oriented cabin. They would probably fit the same Kodiak cabin but with PTVs, this is all speculation and PHX would have to remain an AA hub for that subfleet to exist.

A subfleet like that would also be useful for many MIA-Latin America routes like MIA-CUZ or MIA-FOR and short leisure-heavy TATL routes like KEF and SNN where there probably isn't much demand for lie-flat seats.

mikejepp

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:11 pm

Any chance there will be DFW-Hawaii flights on the 321XLR? Is it capable of flying ORD-HNL?

JohanTally

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 pm

alasizon wrote:
FSDan wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

The PHX-LHR schedule isn't quite set last I heard. It has been tinkered with numerous times as they keep changing the arrival slot in LHR. Odds of it actually being a six hour turn in PHX is pretty slim, it'll probably get adjusted down to leave around 16:00 once everything else shakes out.

It for sure will not spend any time on a hardstand, there are no Group V hardstands on the north side of the airport and the tow to the new West hardstands is about 35-40 minutes in each direction from N4.

austwin wrote:
FSDan wrote:

A30 and B13 were the gates adjusted to allow for widebodies. Originally only B14, B13 and I believe A14 were capable of handling 762s. Everything bigger had to go to B23/B25. B28 has the capability to hold 763s and if we ever get the opportunity it'll be fit tested for 788s and 332s (also requires B26 to use an alternate lead-in line and would be restricted to E75s and smaller).

JohanTally wrote:
panam330 wrote:

LIH does get six seats blocked for crew rest (I want to say the AA FA contract requires it once it hits 7 hours block). The rest aren't actual restrictions, some seats are blocked in advance for payload purposes in the event winds are stronger than normal but all of the flights typically can and do depart with all 196 seats filled (thank goodness for halfweights).

Same thing happens in certain hot & high markets (i.e. RNO/ABQ) where a certain number of seats are pre-blocked by Ops Engineering but then Revenue Management still sells all the way up to aircraft capacity.

So in June PHX-LIH only shows a capacity of 167 and July shows 163 but you expect them to sell 190 seats on those flights? This is possible because they will likely have a significant number of children on these flights?

ContinentalEWR

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

JohanTally wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:

That's true. AA technically doesn't need the XLR for Hawaii to start. It has other 321s within the broader fleet capable of flying West Coast-Hawaii and uses them already and has for some time. The XLR will be premium heavy and really focused on TATL and some South America. Not really the plane for Hawaii.

alasizon

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:41 am

JohanTally wrote:
alasizon wrote:
FSDan wrote:

austwin wrote:

JohanTally wrote:

So in June PHX-LIH only shows a capacity of 167 and July shows 163 but you expect them to sell 190 seats on those flights? This is possible because they will likely have a significant number of children on these flights?

I can't explain why the restriction for July this year is 167 when last year it was 182 and the max payload is the same

JohanTally

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:47 pm

alasizon wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
alasizon wrote:

I can't explain why the restriction for July this year is 167 when last year it was 182 and the max payload is the same

Maybe the new passenger weights

Rdh3e

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:22 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
Western727 wrote:
miaami wrote:
Are there any updates on how the new flights from AUS are doing?

Reply #56 in the Austin 2022 thread by Midwestindy states that AUS-CVG and AUS-IAD didn't do well in Q3: viewtopic.php?p=23121751#p23121751

Anecdotally, a friend of mine flew AUS-IAD and it was 100% in early December.

IAD has been bad so far, but maybe it's getting better around the holidays.

T100:
August 42% full
September 40%
October 57%

The point to points overall from AUS we're bad through October. Only a couple routes have broken 80%, more than half are below 70%.

USAirALB

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Western727 wrote:

Reply #56 in the Austin 2022 thread by Midwestindy states that AUS-CVG and AUS-IAD didn't do well in Q3: viewtopic.php?p=23121751#p23121751

T100:
August 42% full
September 40%
October 57%

The point to points overall from AUS we're bad through October. Only a couple routes have broken 80%, more than half are below 70%.

I flew it a couple of times throughout December and F was full (of upgrades, easy route for even Golds to upgrade on) and the back was less than half full.

To be fair, the route started off as 2x 738s and then has now shifted to 1x A319 so I am assuming the load factor will rise given the lower frequency and smaller aircraft type.

AmericanAir88

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:34 am

Has April been loaded yet? Looking for JFK-LAS on April 5th and I am noticing a second departure.

UPlog

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Getting back to the previous comment about AA network and Pacific, per contact at AA Cargo, I am told the only Pacific stations that are planned with service this summer are Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney.

JohanTally

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:44 am

UPlog wrote:
Getting back to the previous comment about AA network and Pacific, per contact at AA Cargo, I am told the only Pacific stations that are planned with service this summer are Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney.

I think DFW-PVG is scheduled to operate and on April 7th the ICN stop is scheduled to go away but this obviously is contingent on the CCP policy regarding quarantine.

LAXintl

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:01 pm

JohanTally wrote:
UPlog wrote:

I think DFW-PVG is scheduled to operate and on April 7th the ICN stop is scheduled to go away but this obviously is contingent on the CCP policy regarding quarantine.

Yes PVG is loaded 2x weekly, however not sure it will become reality. China still has its strict overnight cleaning requirements which is what stopped Delta and United. Add in the most recent COVID import ban on US flights, plus all the previous added layers of complications, I don't think we can be optimistic about the flight. As a comparison, DL has pulled its China flying all the way until October.

So yes ultimately, all we might see is indeed skelaton Pacific network to Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney.

ContinentalEWR

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 pm

LAXintl wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
UPlog wrote:

Yes PVG is loaded 2x weekly, however not sure it will become reality. China still has its strict overnight cleaning requirements which is what stopped Delta and United. Add in the most recent COVID import ban on US flights, plus all the previous added layers of complications, I don't think we can be optimistic about the flight. As a comparison, DL has pulled its China flying all the way until October.

So yes ultimately, all we might see is indeed skelaton Pacific network to Tokyo, Seoul, and Sydney.

For sure. I wouldn't hold my breath on any US carrier (or China based carrier for that matter) resuming or maintaining even the most basic of service for some time. COVID zero policies and politics are at the forefront of this. It will be a long time before we see pre-pandemic levels of US China service returning, if ever.

UPlog

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:14 pm

Well at this stage we are left with zero US-China passenger flying after DOT just suspended Chinese airline service to US. (most Chinese airline flights were suspended already)

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 022-01-21/

So doubt AA will be back in PVG anytime soon.

fanoftristars

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:51 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
Western727 wrote:

T100:
August 42% full
September 40%
October 57%

It seems being based in DFW if you want a really cheap flight on AA to one of the cities served from AUS their website will make you connect through AUS (Like Puerto Rico or Puerto Vallarta) and the price is dramatically lower. Must not be doing well from AUS.

Vctony

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 pm

fanoftristars wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:

T100:
August 42% full
September 40%
October 57%

It seems being based in DFW if you want a really cheap flight on AA to one of the cities served from AUS their website will make you connect through AUS (Like Puerto Rico or Puerto Vallarta) and the price is dramatically lower. Must not be doing well from AUS.

I noticed a decent amount of lower fare PHX travelers also had PHX-AUS-XYZ itineraries booked.

USAirKid

Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm

fanoftristars wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:

T100:
August 42% full
September 40%
October 57%

I had a passenger who I dropped off at the airport that was going SEA-DFW-AUS-TPA because it was so cheap, all on AA. It was quite the oddest double connection. The SEA-DFW leg was overnight, and the other legs were early morning..

PITFlyer330

AA adding AUS to CZM and MBJ

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:26 am

More international flights for AUS https://twitter.com/AUStinAirport/statu ... 39457?s=20

flights begin June 11.

anyone know the aircraft? CZM maybe e175 and MBJ 737?

UALFAson

Re: AA adding AUS to CZM and MBJ

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 am

Wonder about the frequency--daily or Saturday only?

I was surprised that AA only offers 1x daily DFW-CZM service. I get that CZM is a significantly smaller market than CUN, but I just get nervous from an operational standpoint booking regional (i.e. non-long haul) flights like this that are once daily.

AA is obviously looking for O&D on this routes but could pick up some connections as well given the increase in AUS markets.

BA744PHX

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:09 am

PITFlyer330 wrote:
More international flights for AUS https://twitter.com/AUStinAirport/statu ... 39457?s=20

flights begin June 11.

Saturday only and with e175

MIflyer12

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 am

UALFAson wrote:

I was surprised that AA only offers 1x daily DFW-CZM service. I get that CZM is a significantly smaller market than CUN, but I just get nervous from an operational standpoint booking regional (i.e. non-long haul) flights like this that are once daily.

AA is obviously looking for O&D on this routes but could pick up some connections as well given the increase in AUS markets.

It makes no sense to complain about low frequency AUS-CZM and then suggest picking up connections. AA might sell the capacity but smart travelers will go for frequency (and mainline) connections at DFW.

Flflyer83

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:25 am

PITFlyer330 wrote:

flights begin June 11.

WN is starting AUS-CZM (and PVR) on 6/11 as well.

UALFAson

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:45 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
UALFAson wrote:

It makes no sense to complain about low frequency AUS-CZM and then suggest picking up connections. AA might sell the capacity but smart travelers will go for frequency (and mainline) connections at DFW.

I'm not "complaining" about low frequency AUS-CZM, I said I was surprised about low frequency on DFW-CZM, especially relative to DFW-CUN.

I live in Nashville, which is a 90-minute flight to either AUS or DFW. I think "smart travelers" would much rather fly an EMB-175 BNA-AUS and make a hypothetical quick connection there to CZM than to get shoved in a packed 737-800 to fly BNA-DFW and then have to connect at that megahub.

FlyingSicilian

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:52 pm

UALFAson wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
UALFAson wrote:

I'm not "complaining" about low frequency AUS-CZM, I said I was surprised about low frequency on DFW-CZM, especially relative to DFW-CUN.

I live in Nashville, which is a 90-minute flight to either AUS or DFW. I think "smart travelers" would much rather fly an EMB-175 BNA-AUS and make a hypothetical quick connection there to CZM than to get shoved in a packed 737-800 to fly BNA-DFW and then have to connect at that megahub.

There is always UA via IAH and WN via HOU but I get AA BNA loyalty for flyers.

As for AUS this is a great way to use idle jets on a Saturday. Low risk, decent reward flying.

CUN is a different market entirely on an exponential level even as CZM grows (MID too).

Vctony

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:34 am

UALFAson wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
UALFAson wrote:

I’d rather connect in the mega hub in case of irrops.

davescj

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 am

FlyingSicilian wrote:
UALFAson wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

As for AUS this is a great way to use idle jets on a Saturday. Low risk, decent reward flying.

CUN is a different market entirely on an exponential level even as CZM grows (MID too).

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. DL also does a great deal of Saturday service to CUN. I wonder how much reward flying via AUS AA would release? The one question I would have - how cost effective is using the RJ over a mainline?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos