Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Golfmikey

Re: United Airlines Fleet Thread - 2022

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:36 am

738:

N76519 will exit MCO with VIASAT wifi...to my knowledge the first plane to get upgraded wifi post covid..maybe potential max upgrades as well? its been in MCO since 7/19

SgtBarone

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:12 pm

772 (PW)
N215UA sked to ferry VCV-SFO 2741/4Sep - Restart #44/52:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N215UA

adamblang

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:39 pm

I’d link to a better website if I could find one. In the meantime, here’s this from Simple Flying:

United Airlines' 1st Boeing 737 MAX 10 Is Spotted In Seattle

Velocirapture

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:11 pm

adamblang wrote:
I’d link to a better website if I could find one. In the meantime, here’s this from Simple Flying

Simple Flying is months behind. IIRC, this aircraft came out of the paint shop in January or so.

VC10er

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:07 pm

So, I just learned from you guys that UA’s
767-300ER fleet theoretically could operate another 10+ years mostly because 767’s are still being manufactured so new parts (inc engines) would be available and still many outgoing frames that can be parted-out. (Right?)

Kirby laments there is no obvious replacement for the 763 yet.

Why can’t United pick up used 763’s, or why haven’t they added new used frames? How many did AA just retire? Any other airline looking to offload 767’s?
Aside from the fact I love a 767, they seem “just right” for opening many markets. West and Eastern Europe cities only need 1 767 a day to go there and back (right?)
A 767-300 with the newest interiors are so nice that (I’d bet) the average flier would not be able to tell exactly how old the bird is!
I assume my assumptions are all invalid but I don’t know why?
Thanks

jbs2886

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:38 pm

VC10er wrote:
767-300ER fleet theoretically could operate another 10+ years mostly because 767’s are still being manufactured so new parts (inc engines) would be available and still many outgoing frames that can be parted-out. (Right?)

Why can’t United pick up used 763’s, or why haven’t they added new used frames? How many did AA just retire? Any other airline looking to offload 767’s?
Aside from the fact I love a 767, they seem “just right” for opening many markets. West and Eastern Europe cities only need 1 767 a day to go there and back (right?)
A 767-300 with the newest interiors are so nice that (I’d bet) the average flier would not be able to tell exactly how old the bird is!
Thanks

They have picked up used frames. But the 767 is in high demand for freighter conversions.

PilotJAY16

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:07 pm

adamblang wrote:
I’d link to a better website if I could find one. In the meantime, here’s this from Simple Flying:

Not sure if this was previously discussed, but did United release the seating configuration plan yet for this aircraft? Is the exit behind the wing going to be used. If so, they will have to place a FA jumpseat there, correct?

cosyr

Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:43 am

PilotJAY16 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

Not sure if this was previously discussed, but did United release the seating configuration plan yet for this aircraft? Is the exit behind the wing going to be used. If so, they will have to place a FA jumpseat there, correct?

I assume it is going to be used as it only has a port hole, while the Max9 has a normal window in the door. I doubt there will be a galley or lav there, but at least a break in rows for egress.

PilotJAY16

Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:52 am

cosyr wrote:
PilotJAY16 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

I assume it is going to be used as it only has a port hole, while the Max9 has a normal window in the door. I doubt there will be a galley or lav there, but at least a break in rows for egress.

Is it a requirement that a FA has to be stationed there?

Cmac787

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:55 am

7M9
N37536 is scheduled to exit PDX induction and ferry to SFO F2762/04 Sept to enter Revenue service
7M8
Not sure what’s going on with N27267. This airframe has no flight testing at all. 7269 7270 and 7271 and also 7M9 7537 are flight testing and will probably be delivered in the next few weeks

Continental767

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:19 am

PilotJAY16 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

We know the standard config will have 20 F and 64 Y+, but they haven’t broken down the total seat count yet. If I had to guess, they’ll probably add two rows to the current MAX 9 configuration so ~191 seats, but that’s just me speculating. Maybe take a few seats for the new exit doors.

UA mentioned the number of premium seats here: https://www.united.com/en/us/newsroom/announcements/united-adds-270-boeing-and-airbus-aircraft-to-fleet-largest-order-in-airline-s-history-and-biggest-by-a-single-carrier-in-a-decade-2653586391

VC10er

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:55 am

Question about premium seating be it domestic first or Polaris and Premium Plus; do airlines (UA) have a sorta guide or formula per aircraft type as to the percentage of seats that must be revenue and a percentage set aside for award travel and upgrades?
Specifically per United; given they will have larger First & Polaris cabins (vs their direct competition) does that translate into BOTH more revenue seats to sell as well as increased odds of getting an award seat and upgrades & bump-up?
I wish I could have articulated myself better, but ya know what I’m trying to understand?!?
I guess my questions boil down to “WHY” UA has chosen to create significantly larger premium seats/cabins per aircraft type.
Have their HUBs and/or destinations played a role in UA deciding to go heavy on premium cabins?
THX

fun2fly

Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:12 am

VC10er wrote:
Question about premium seating be it domestic first or Polaris and Premium Plus; do airlines (UA) have a sorta guide or formula per aircraft type as to the percentage of seats that must be revenue and a percentage set aside for award travel and upgrades?
Specifically per United; given they will have larger First & Polaris cabins (vs their direct competition) does that translate into BOTH more revenue seats to sell as well as increased odds of getting an award seat and upgrades & bump-up?
I wish I could have articulated myself better, but ya know what I’m trying to understand?!?
I guess my questions boil down to “WHY” UA has chosen to create significantly larger premium seats/cabins per aircraft type.
Have their HUBs and/or destinations played a role in UA deciding to go heavy on premium cabins?
THX

I don't know why UA decided, but compare Gold status on UA and on DL. I rarely fly DL because I can't reserve a E+ seat as Gold. E+ is a big deal to me and UA has a larger cabin and you can reserved a E+ seat when you book even as a Gold member. DL has too few seats to offer this perk. UA also lets me book my entire family of 5 in E+ providing more value to me as a traveler. For example, last year on a TATL flight that's $200 a seat saved for the kids, not to mention a much more comfortable ride. DL/AA I assume are the same on this policy and you can't snag a E+ seat for free until 24 hours prior or so which is nearly impossible to get a non-middle seat with today's load factors. That's kind of the point, with UA you get a guaranteed E+ when booking, DL you have to pay or "hope" you snag one the day before.

VC10er

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 pm

I didn’t realize that Delta doesn’t allow you to reserve an E+ seat for Gold+ fliers. I do find that United has historically been very generous in this regard. They are NOT stupid; the more happy people like you, the more people are willing to spend on UNITED. (Sometimes at a premium above a lower price on another airline)

I understand that a larger premium cabin could deliver more revenue if the majority of seats are sold…but how does UA carve up a cabin?
For example the High-J 767-300 with 46 Polaris seats.
Of the 46 Polaris seats how many get earmarked for upgraders and award seats?

ON A RELATED TOPIC: how is the VERY HIGH-J 763 working out for United? Is it the success they hoped for? Are they selling most of the 46 Polaris and PPseats?
Premium Plus is ALWAYS FULL when I go to book. PP must be very-very popular! (Amazing how that simple idea for a premium economy is generating so much revenue!)

I am still so curious about how much one scheduled O&D flight is (ballpark net) For example about 10 days ago I flew IAH-GIG on UA, the flight had a butt in every single seat. How much did UA net on that 767-300? (BALLPARK)
I see a lot of $$$$$, but somehow most of my assumptions do not pan out.
I’d love to know how the High-J is doing, it is innovative but a slightly risky experiment.

Gyrfalcon

Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:33 pm

Since it’s been asked a couple times in this thread with some uncertainty, the new A321neo will indeed be PW1100G powered.

AA94

Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:59 pm

VC10er wrote:
ON A RELATED TOPIC: how is the VERY HIGH-J 763 working out for United? Is it the success they hoped for? Are they selling most of the 46 Polaris and PPseats?
Premium Plus is ALWAYS FULL when I go to book. PP must be very-very popular! (Amazing how that simple idea for a premium economy is generating so much revenue!)

I think you could draw an inference from the fact that UA decided to convert the remaining 76C frames with Diamond seats to the high-J 76L configuration, rather than splitting them amongst the 76A/76L configurations as originally planned. Furthermore, the fact that the 76A fleet is being retrofit again with UPP seating would suggest that demand is relatively strong for that product.

VC10er

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:01 pm

Frankly I didn’t even know that UA had 763’s with no Polaris until about 2 weeks ago. Where were they deployed?
INDEED outfitting more is a good sign that the very HIGH-J (and PP & E+) is making money.

Still I wonder if (pretend) 2 flights a day from EWR-LHR targeted just to Business Travelers, with many bespoke business related services on a 767-300 with about 70 Polaris seats and 32 Premium Plus and no economy class would (should) generate a huge margin per flight.
Potentially less fuel needed and 102 premium seats delivering super margins!?! Am I nuts?

OR, if US launched an A321XLR or 737MAX, EWR to LCY given how close the NYC financial center is to EWR. The LARGEST big money center in this hemisphere is just a few miles away from EWR!
I personally think doing EWR-LCY would make for great brand advising all around lower Manhattan and could help UA secure contacts from Hudson Yards down to the Battery!!!

Judge1310

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:09 pm

PilotJAY16 wrote:
cosyr wrote:
PilotJAY16 wrote:

Is it a requirement that a FA has to be stationed there?

You're correct, if there's a door (and therefore a slide) there needs to be an FA jumpseat there. Kind of like the 753 -- there's one FA jumpseat there to cover 3L/R. It could be like the A321 where there's a FA station present, so no need for a galley/lav or something thereof.

Judge1310

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:20 pm

VC10er wrote:
I didn’t realize that Delta doesn’t allow you to reserve an E+ seat for Gold+ fliers. I do find that United has historically been very generous in this regard. They are NOT stupid; the more happy people like you, the more people are willing to spend on UNITED. (Sometimes at a premium above a lower price on another airline)

I understand that a larger premium cabin could deliver more revenue if the majority of seats are sold…but how does UA carve up a cabin?
For example the High-J 767-300 with 46 Polaris seats.
Of the 46 Polaris seats how many get earmarked for upgraders and award seats?

I am still so curious about how much one scheduled O&D flight is (ballpark net) For example about 10 days ago I flew IAH-GIG on UA, the flight had a butt in every single seat. How much did UA net on that 767-300? (BALLPARK)
I see a lot of $$$$$, but somehow most of my assumptions do not pan out.
I’d love to know how the High-J is doing, it is innovative but a slightly risky experiment.

Simply put, on the markets where the high-J 763 are deployed, those Polaris seats and United Premium Plus are doing very well. Whilst the aircraft is important, it's more important to consider the markets to which the 76L operate, e.g. LHR, GVA, ZRH, NCE. Those markets can support *paid* United Polaris seats at that amount without having to resort to a 787 with a similar Polaris seat count (48 versus 46).

And United Premium Plus does very well as it's a perfect intermediary between J and Y fares and service.

strfyr51

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:58 pm

VC10er wrote:

Thanks

the problem with picking up another Airlines 767's might be the difference in Avionics and cockpit layout. The 787's came with a standard cockpit and any differences to the standard cockpit were Expensive to make (By Boeing) the 767 series has during a time with a custom cockpit for every airline which could even include switch directions. While I worked at United. We took in airplanes that were previously operated by other carriers and one of the first things we did was standardize the cockpits to the United standard. I think that was the reason United had such good luck in selling airplanes when they were retired. When you saw one united fleet type cockpit? Every airplane in that fleet type had the same layout. It made it easier to troubleshoot and i guess much easier to swap parts between airplanes. I knew guys of other airlines who had 3-4 system schematic manuals per fleet type on their desks. depending on where they got the airplane from. I had ONE system schematic manual for the fleet I worked on. Because they were pretty much all matched.

B6SpiritofEWR

Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:01 pm

With the A321neos coming next year, does anyone know where these will be based? Same for the Max 10?

adamblang

Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:15 pm

B6SpiritofEWR wrote:
With the A321neos coming next year, does anyone know where these will be based? Same for the Max 10?

They’ll be based at all the hubs save GUM. With 70 and 250 coming online and filling a similar role as the 737-900ER (just with more seats), you’ll see ‘em rotate though the network.

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 am

Has anyone ever announced how many more seats United is putting in the sky by the end of 2025? (Minus any planned and known retirements?)

It must be an astronomical amount of NEW seats to fill when one multiples the number of seats across all the new aircraft times the average number of flights per the A321neo, A321XLR, 737MAX’s (all sizes) and 787-10’s.

And that is just UA!

airplanedriver6

Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am

VC10er wrote:
Frankly I didn’t even know that UA had 763’s with no Polaris until about 2 weeks ago. Where were they deployed?
INDEED outfitting more is a good sign that the very HIGH-J (and PP & E+) is making money.

OR, if US launched an A321XLR or 737MAX, EWR to LCY given how close the NYC financial center is to EWR. The LARGEST big money center in this hemisphere is just a few miles away from EWR!
I personally think doing EWR-LCY would make for great brand advising all around lower Manhattan and could help UA secure contacts from Hudson Yards down to the Battery!!!

FWIW,

1) UA does not currently have any non-Polaris 763s as the outfitting is complete, and was only flying non-Polaris airframes during the conversion process since the fleet could not be converted overnight.

2) LCY has the identical runway length issues as Santos Dumont for the XLR. For example, BA was forced to use an A318 (with 32 pax) for transatlantic ops from LCY before giving up.

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:42 am

airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

FWIW,

1) UA does not currently have any non-Polaris 763s as the outfitting is complete, and was only flying non-Polaris airframes during the conversion process since the fleet could not be converted overnight.

2) LCY has the identical runway length issues as Santos Dumont for the XLR. For example, BA was forced to use an A318 (with 32 pax) for transatlantic ops from LCY before giving up.

So, the High-J birds that someone above said would be done to the remaining 767’s, are currently regular Polaris and being converted to High-J?
(Is what I wrote make sense?)
I had read something about these 763’s going in for the High-J configuration, but the person I leaned it from (I swear) had said “Diamond seats coming out”

It was a real head scratcher as I knew ALL 763’s had Polaris!?!

intotheair

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:59 am

I think there’s some confusion in here. All the 763s have Polaris seats in J. The conversions have been complete for some time now. (Pre-pandemic, maybe?) I’m sure someone else here knows when those were completed. They were going to convert the majority of them to the 30J configuration and only have a small subset with the high-J 46J configuration. Then, midway through the conversions, they decided to convert the rest of the remaining yet-to-be-Polarisized birds to the high-J configuration.

A few weeks ago, UA announced they’re adding PP seats to the low-J birds, but the J cabin is staying the same size at 30J seats.

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-airli ... mium-plus/

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:42 am

intotheair wrote:
I think there’s some confusion in here. All the 763s have Polaris seats in J. The conversions have been complete for some time now. (Pre-pandemic, maybe?) I’m sure someone else here knows when those were completed. They were going to convert the majority of them to the 30J configuration and only have a small subset with the high-J 46J configuration. Then, midway through the conversions, they decided to convert the rest of the remaining yet-to-be-Polarisized birds to the high-J configuration.

A few weeks ago, UA announced they’re adding PP seats to the low-J birds, but the J cabin is staying the same size at 30J seats.

Yes, this is what I understood the situation to be!
But I thought I perhaps had it wrong.

So I’m back to asking (and the answer could be “Duh!!!”) Has United yet stated that it’s whopping 46-J 763 is the success they hoped for?

I have flown the High-J birds many times and I strangely love them. I feel as if I am on a giant private club jet.
And I will go ahead and assume that the High-J birds probably nets more revenue than the Low-J series?
THANKS

NZ321

Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:39 am

VC10er wrote:
intotheair wrote:

So I’m back to asking (and the answer could be “Duh!!!”) Has United yet stated that it’s whopping 46-J 763 is the success they hoped for?

I have flown the High-J birds many times and I strangely love them. I feel as if I am on a giant private club jet.
And I will go ahead and assume that the High-J birds probably nets more revenue than the Low-J series?
THANKS

Depends on the operator, cabin class & the route doesn't it? Overall, I think we need more rather than less a/c of this size trans-Atlantic. As for the UA old birds, I give them a miss. Stand clear of the doors and mind the gap!

fun2fly

Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:50 am

NZ321 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
intotheair wrote:

THANKS

Depends on the operator, cabin class & the route doesn't it? Overall, I think we need more rather than less a/c of this size trans-Atlantic. As for the UA old birds, I give them a miss. Stand clear of the doors and mind the gap!

I agree, but other than the HA frames, not too many to choose from to accomplish it. From a pax perspective, it would be great to have a 763 vs. a single aisle on a TATL flight for the extra aisle and other creature comforts. AA can even say smoother ride on their 200+ pax 788's vs. the narrowbodies.

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:42 pm

NZ321 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
intotheair wrote:

THANKS

Really? Have you flown an old UA bird? The Polaris cabin and PP is so new and well designed that I doubt very much if any non-enthusiast would believe it’s a 25/30 year old aircraft. (No, it’s not a 787 either, but, everything is relative).

Also, while I would take a 747-400 almost always over ANY other bird, the medium sized 763 feels (to me) very comfortable.
Plus, I have not really ever had an issue with United’s service??? I understand my experience is different from some others. But, I have only felt the need to complain BIG TIME once in 30 years and after racking up 3.1 million (bis) miles on just United. Worth noting, UA also remedied the bad situation satisfactorily.
Is UA among the finest? A 5 Star experience? No, but it’s also MUCH better than it’s old reputation. I find today’s UA very comfortable (even stylish) very tech savvy with a great bed-seat? IMHO!
Aside from liking the size of a 763, having 7 nonstop flights daily from NYC (with 46 beds per bird) very convenient.
I used to fly to LHR once or twice a month for 24 years and (IMO) over-doing fancy, posh or chic gets tiresome.
I’d bet many sky warriors want no hassles, to sleep well and get to hotel or back home. (At least me!)
I’ve found Polaris to be “just right” -but, if I was to whine about anything its that UA “seems” to gotten very popular (?)
Compared to the past TC @ EWR is extremely crowded (Eg: the Polaris Lounge, NEW United Club and new Gate areas) at around 5 to 8PM…a MADHOUSE! I do not recall at any other moment in history where so many THOUSANDS of premium travelers mob the airport. (Just my perception)
Peace, Love and Soul Train! :-)

ILikeTrains

Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:14 pm

B6SpiritofEWR wrote:

Probably everywhere, we’re talking about 370 planes. I see the 321XLRs being used mostly out of EWR, ORD, and IAD for thin TATL routes. Airports that have capacity limitations like EWR and SFO will benefit heavily from the Max10 and 321, but they’ll be the bulk of the fleet regardless.

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:41 pm

Why hasn’t United added A220’s to their fleet (ala Delta)
I think I could maybe guess why UA has so far passed on them; pilot contracts/scope (mainline vs RJ) neither fish nor fowl?
So, the bottom of the fleet (by size) will either be as small as an CRJ550, E175 or A320/737?

I have flown SWISS’ A220-300 a few times.
At first I was surprised by how much bigger it was, than what I had expected. Second, how pretty she is.
Delta sees 104 (or more?) good reasons to fly them, what makes them SO RIGHT for Delta and NOT RIGHT for United?

I humbly ask out of ignorance!

Seems like it’s a big size gap from a 737-7/A319 down to an E-175. Or is UA putting all its eggs in the MAX-10?
Thx, R

drdisque

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:06 pm

United feels the A220 is unnecessary as with their large O&D hub they prefer to fly the A319 and 73G as the smallest mainline. That's why they've picked up quite a few used A319s.

STT757

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:28 pm

2023 is going to be a huge year for United. United is taking delivery of 121 new narrow bodies, 109 737 Max and 12 A321 NEOs. That is a huge amount of new aircraft with no scheduled retirements of existing frames except for 50 seat regionals. That plus 8 new 787-10s and the Pratt powered 777-200/ERs coming back into service should really propel the airline forward.

B6SpiritofEWR

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:46 pm

STT757 wrote:
2023 is going to be a huge year for United. United is taking delivery of 121 new narrow bodies, 109 737 Max and 12 A321 NEOs. That is a huge amount of new aircraft with no scheduled retirements of existing frames except for 50 seat regionals. That plus 8 new 787-10s and the Pratt powered 777-200/ERs coming back into service should really propel the airline forward.

Can you do the break down of each type please?

B6SpiritofEWR

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:47 pm

B6SpiritofEWR wrote:
STT757 wrote:

Can you do the break down of each type please?

And will the Neos have Lie flats or is that only for the Max 10 and XLRS?

STT757

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:56 pm

It's in United's July quarterly report, although it does not include the exact numbers of each type. An article in Simply flying from last year reports the numbers as 56 Max 8, 15 Max 9 and 50 737- 10 Max in addition to the 12 A321 NEOs.

https://simpleflying.com/united-airlines-2023/

VC10er

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:08 pm

United employees must feel mighty proud!

As I mentioned above, that is going to be an ASTONISHING amount of NEW seats in the sky. I assume UA knows exactly who’s going to fill them.

I cannot wait for the day I want to go to Seattle or Vancouver or San Diego…EVEN Denver from EWR and I can choose a lie flat First seat. Certainly worth the money. (I hope)
If you are on a very early 4+ hour flight (especially for business) that “top-off” nap makes the DIF if you must be “ON” in a conference room.

wonder if at 61 United would hire me as a FA? I might be old but I know exactly how to prepare Chicken in United sauce!

The new EWR United Club is now officially not big enough!!! Lol!

cosyr

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:38 pm

STT757 wrote:

As long as they have enough new pilots coming out of their academy to handle the increase.

fun2fly

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm

Weren't we supposed to see a 78J delivered today?

codc10

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:36 pm

VC10er wrote:
I cannot wait for the day I want to go to Seattle or Vancouver or San Diego…EVEN Denver from EWR and I can choose a lie flat First seat. Certainly worth the money. (I hope)

EWRDEN always has lieflat options… usually 1 or more 757s and this summer a 787-9 turn every day.

LAXdude1023

Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:44 pm

cosyr wrote:
STT757 wrote:

As long as they have enough new pilots coming out of their academy to handle the increase.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Velocirapture

Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:00 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
cosyr wrote:
STT757 wrote:

Last I heard was 100-140 per month, every month. 2600 in the last 18 months, I believe.

SBAer

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:19 am

N38955 (789) seems to be headed for XMN in the coming days/week. Scheduled ORD-GUM tomorrow. If true, we would be down to 2 fauxlaris planes left.

VC10er

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:04 am

codc10 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

EWRDEN always has lieflat options… usually 1 or more 757s and this summer a 787-9 turn every day.

I have a client in Denver and always hunt for the 757. I will gladly pay to secure an F seat. It’s basically that flight that confirmed that I am better on my feet in front of the conference room if I top-off my sleep with a nap!

SEAorPWM

Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:35 am

NZ321 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
intotheair wrote:

THANKS

Can you please explain how a UA 763 from 2000 is any different from an AA or AF 772ER from the same year?

:scratchchin:

bigb

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:44 pm

Velocirapture wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
cosyr wrote:

Last I heard was 100-140 per month, every month. 2600 in the last 18 months, I believe.

UA is bringing in 200 a month right now. Looking to get up to 300 to 400 by the years end

MDC862

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:28 pm

The numbers i'm hearing are 400, with a doubling of FOs in 5 years. The only concern is that UA will not be able to find enough qualified instructors to get this large of an upscale thru. That is why they are hiring other airlines instructors; most recent B6. It limits the other airlines growth and expansion plans

FlyHossD

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:59 pm

MDC862 wrote:
The numbers i'm hearing are 400, with a doubling of FOs in 5 years. The only concern is that UA will not be able to find enough qualified instructors to get this large of an upscale thru. That is why they are hiring other airlines instructors; most recent B6. It limits the other airlines growth and expansion plans

New pilots don’t automatically become instructors. Still, it’s a good strategy.

UAL needs to do something to get the lame TA approved and in a hurry to reach that output. Concessions aren’t going to fly with the UAL pilot group.

STT757

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:22 pm

VC10er wrote:
United employees must feel mighty proud!

As I mentioned above, that is going to be an ASTONISHING amount of NEW seats in the sky. I assume UA knows exactly who’s going to fill them.

If you are on a very early 4+ hour flight (especially for business) that “top-off” nap makes the DIF if you must be “ON” in a conference room.

I'm excited to see these new narrow bodies replacing regional jets on routes like;

EWR-IND, EWR-BUF, IAH-BNA, IAD-ATL, ORD-MCI, DEN-SLC etc..

I like the CRJ-550, but the smallest plane that United should be flying from EWR is the ERJ-175. And those should be limited to the GSO, GSP, SDF, PVD, SYR, ROC etc.. Move the CRJ-550s to IAD and ORD.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos