Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
AVENSAB727
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:02 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:33 pm

CALMSP wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
on flyer T someone said the Italian pic is FCO, if so, that would be DEN-FCO.


Did they specifically reference DEN?


no, but FCO is already being flown from ORD/EWR/IAD, DEN reference is my take if it is FCO.

What about IAH-FCO?
 
wenders825
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:33 pm

the picture is Florence. it's most likely going to be PSA or BLQ - I feel like the former would've used an image of the tower, but the latter was a catastrophic failure by AA when they attempted it. maybe UA figured out how to market?

even then, an extra FCO would more likely come from IAH or SFO I'd say. but neither are likely I don't think

AGP is a smart one - DL have been there for years already and UA flew Tenerife and Mallorca last summer, and apparently both did really well
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7214
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:37 pm

CALMSP wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
on flyer T someone said the Italian pic is FCO, if so, that would be DEN-FCO.


Did they specifically reference DEN?


no, but FCO is already being flown from ORD/EWR/IAD, DEN reference is my take if it is FCO.


I could see that because neither DEN nor IAH have a lot of demand to FCO. So if they want to maximize connectivity, I could see DEN over IAH. It is much harder for me to imagine UA picking DEN over IAH for CDG though.

But for FCO, I would actually place money on SFO over DEN/IAH.
 
D96
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Kinda Colosseum in Florence? mmm....
 
David_itl
Posts: 6483
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:39 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:44 pm

CALMSP wrote:
BigBen is shown, so that is interesting..


Look at photos of Manchester Town Hall and compare to Big Ben (or rather "the Tower of St Stephen").
 
drdisque
Posts: 1701
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:45 pm

CALMSP wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
on flyer T someone said the Italian pic is FCO, if so, that would be DEN-FCO.


Did they specifically reference DEN?


no, but FCO is already being flown from ORD/EWR/IAD, DEN reference is my take if it is FCO.


I think SFO-FCO is equally likely to DEN-FCO
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:29 pm

They released a video now:

https://fb.watch/g5ooe191uq/
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7214
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:34 pm

What I got was:

LAX and LHR are involved
Sweden is involved
Chicago is involved
EWR-AGP is one of the routes
The Bear indicates SFO probably is involved

I dont see anything in the video that would make me think IAH or DEN are involved.
Last edited by LAXdude1023 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Summa767
Posts: 1887
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:30 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Isn’t one of the cities pictured Stockholm?
 
drdisque
Posts: 1701
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:38 pm

I wonder if UA will do any more -MAX8 routes to Europe like they did to PDL with the domestic F seats being sold as Premium Plus.
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3883
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:40 pm

drdisque wrote:
I wonder if UA will do any more -MAX8 routes to Europe like they did to PDL with the domestic F seats being sold as Premium Plus.


I"m wondering if we'd see a EWR-ORK
 
atrude777
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:43 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
What I got was:

LAX and LHR are involved
Sweden is involved
Chicago is involved
EWR-AGP is one of the routes
The Bear indicates SFO probably is involved

I dont see anything in the video that would make me think IAH or DEN are involved.


During the LHR/LAX video, it was loaded in 23DEF...

Chicago was hinted at the Stars on the FA's Wrist, Tattoo...

Saw a sticker with Bears, and Cherry Blossom? Japan? SFO-Japan Route?

646-580-7998 was shown...

Twin Passengers, two girls/sisters? Twin City? Is a Country Nicknamed Twin City or Twin Sisters, and 507 was the Flight Number, an area code for MSP....Is United launching something from MSP?!?!?

Lily Golden is " name of Passenger", google shows this is in China

That's what I saw!

Alex
 
User avatar
LuxuryTravelled
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:06 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:46 pm

atrude777 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
What I got was:

LAX and LHR are involved
Sweden is involved
Chicago is involved
EWR-AGP is one of the routes
The Bear indicates SFO probably is involved

I dont see anything in the video that would make me think IAH or DEN are involved.


During the LHR/LAX video, it was loaded in 23DEF...

Chicago was hinted at the Stars on the FA's Wrist, Tattoo...

Saw a sticker with Bears, and Cherry Blossom? Japan? SFO-Japan Route?

646-580-7998 was shown...

Twin Passengers, two girls/sisters? Twin City? Is a Country Nicknamed Twin City or Twin Sisters, and 507 was the Flight Number, an area code for MSP....Is United launching something from MSP?!?!?

Lily Golden is " name of Passenger", google shows this is in China

That's what I saw!

Alex


The flight number, UA507 is LGA to Denver.
Phone Number + Map of Spain with Ring around Malaga - maybe New York to Malaga?
 
atrude777
Posts: 4738
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:48 pm

LuxuryTravelled wrote:
atrude777 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
What I got was:

LAX and LHR are involved
Sweden is involved
Chicago is involved
EWR-AGP is one of the routes
The Bear indicates SFO probably is involved

I dont see anything in the video that would make me think IAH or DEN are involved.


During the LHR/LAX video, it was loaded in 23DEF...

Chicago was hinted at the Stars on the FA's Wrist, Tattoo...

Saw a sticker with Bears, and Cherry Blossom? Japan? SFO-Japan Route?

646-580-7998 was shown...

Twin Passengers, two girls/sisters? Twin City? Is a Country Nicknamed Twin City or Twin Sisters, and 507 was the Flight Number, an area code for MSP....Is United launching something from MSP?!?!?

Lily Golden is " name of Passenger", google shows this is in China

That's what I saw!

Alex


The flight number, UA507 is LGA to Denver.


They showed 507 on the UA App in the Video, which is a hint.

Most Numbers shown are Area Codes as Hints.

507 is Area Code for MSP..shown at the same time they showed twin girls. What city is called Twin Cities?

Just would be ODD for MSP to be involved...

Alex
 
Golfmikey
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:41 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:49 pm

I think one is ewr-Sevilla
 
MXP92
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:52 pm

Could UA507 be a third EWR-FCO? Now there are UA40 arriving 7.45 and UA509 arriving 10.55; there are two twins that turn their hand to a third person; there are also three messages and the last is showing UA507, new nonstop flight arriving at 1.10pm...
 
panam330
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:58 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:59 pm

Chatter on here was HKG would be relaunched in the spring; I’m assuming the China-related hints means that’s one of the routes, most likely from SFO.
Also think I saw Stockholm; fingers crossed for ORD-ARN.
 
ddaly241
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:07 pm

EWR-BFS?
 
Marek747
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:15 pm

In the video you can see a bear for Berlin, I think the official announcement of IAD-BER or maybe a new route like ORD-BER.
 
User avatar
kngkyle
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:33 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Going to be disappointed if the Stockholm route is merely the resumption of EWR-ARN. Hoping for ORD-ARN as I would use that route a few times a year...
 
alasizon
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:23 pm

atrude777 wrote:
LuxuryTravelled wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

During the LHR/LAX video, it was loaded in 23DEF...

Chicago was hinted at the Stars on the FA's Wrist, Tattoo...

Saw a sticker with Bears, and Cherry Blossom? Japan? SFO-Japan Route?

646-580-7998 was shown...

Twin Passengers, two girls/sisters? Twin City? Is a Country Nicknamed Twin City or Twin Sisters, and 507 was the Flight Number, an area code for MSP....Is United launching something from MSP?!?!?

Lily Golden is " name of Passenger", google shows this is in China

That's what I saw!

Alex


The flight number, UA507 is LGA to Denver.


They showed 507 on the UA App in the Video, which is a hint.

Most Numbers shown are Area Codes as Hints.

507 is Area Code for MSP..shown at the same time they showed twin girls. What city is called Twin Cities?

Just would be ODD for MSP to be involved...

Alex


507 is the country code for Panama....
 
stlgph
Posts: 11868
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:23 pm

646-580-7998 is a working number, btw :)
 
diamondchap
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:28 pm

David_itl wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
BigBen is shown, so that is interesting..


Look at photos of Manchester Town Hall and compare to Big Ben (or rather "the Tower of St Stephen").


The gold trim around the lights clearly puts them on Westminster Bridge rather than Albert Square:

London: https://goo.gl/maps/4SxoHoVW8EFCKCNPA
Manchesrer: https://goo.gl/maps/DbdQnT7i4HPT696EA


Image clue (bottom left): https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/157 ... 27/photo/1
 
stlAV8R
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:29 pm

You guys are quick! I just watched the video on FT and finally came here for better hints!
 
SBAer
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:49 pm

The flight attendant has 4 stars on her arm, a reference to world cup championships?. If so, Germany or Italy?
Last edited by SBAer on Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
hl8208
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:49 pm

LAX-LHR 2nd daily makes total sense, hot on the heels of the DL announcement. It would just be a follow-through of their intention to do so back in ~2017 before it was given to EWR instead. Too big a market to provide only one daily flight when AA/BA have 5 and DL/VS will be up to 4 next spring.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7214
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:53 pm

SBAer wrote:
The flight attendant has 4 stars on her arm, a reference to world cup championships?. If so, Germany or Italy?


It’s a reference to Chicago. The city flag.
 
wenders825
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:54 pm

it's definitely something LHR related, though honestly what? they already serve all the hubs. unless they dare to bring CLE into play EDIT: didn't realize the second LAX flight hadn't resumed, definitely that then

the Spain destination is definitely Malaga-AGP

I'm curious about the potential Japanese route. NGO would be the logical next market from SFO if they were to add a new flight, no? how much demand is there for that?
 
Judge1310
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Has no one picked up on spot on the map that PQ pointed to? The circled spot in southern Spain looked to be AGP. This would build up on the current success in the Spanish aviation market. Thus, I could see another summer seasonal, EWR-AGP, to complement the rest of the USA-ESP network.
 
SBAer
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:02 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
SBAer wrote:
The flight attendant has 4 stars on her arm, a reference to world cup championships?. If so, Germany or Italy?


It’s a reference to Chicago. The city flag.


Doh. She's also got green fingernails so guessing Ireland?
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3883
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Judge1310 wrote:
Has no one picked up on spot on the map that PQ pointed to? The circled spot in southern Spain looked to be AGP. This would build up on the current success in the Spanish aviation market. Thus, I could see another summer seasonal, EWR-AGP, to complement the rest of the USA-ESP network.


yes, a couple of hours ago
 
xwb777
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:04 pm

Could we see a second route announced to DXB? SFO/DEN - DXB ?
 
wenders825
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:05 pm

just made the connection that the bear is for BEAR-lin and the cherry blossoms are actually for Washington, which makes sense as they make it clear this is a TATL announce. very cool to see more capacity to BER

Judge1310 wrote:
Has no one picked up on spot on the map that PQ pointed to? The circled spot in southern Spain looked to be AGP. This would build up on the current success in the Spanish aviation market. Thus, I could see another summer seasonal, EWR-AGP, to complement the rest of the USA-ESP network.

yes, they have MAD, BCN, PMI, and TFS all on the map already. AGP is the new circled one
Last edited by wenders825 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
AVENSAB727
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:02 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:05 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Could we see a second route announced to DXB? SFO/DEN - DXB ?

I think IAH would come before DEN/SFO.
 
Pinto
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:07 pm

Her phone has gate G5 for a "New Nonstop Flight". I would bet atleast one route is out of SFO
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3883
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 pm

wenders825 wrote:
just made the connection that the bear is for BEAR-lin and the cherry blossoms are actually for Washington, which makes sense as they make it clear this is a TATL announce. very cool to see more capacity to BER

Judge1310 wrote:
Has no one picked up on spot on the map that PQ pointed to? The circled spot in southern Spain looked to be AGP. This would build up on the current success in the Spanish aviation market. Thus, I could see another summer seasonal, EWR-AGP, to complement the rest of the USA-ESP network.

yes, they have MAD, BCN, PMI, and TFS all on the map already. AGP is the new circled one


which could be IAD-PRG.
 
SBAer
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 pm

Maybe the twin sisters are a reference to the Cologne Cathedral?
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:11 pm

OK, now UA has dropped a video on Twitter with clues like last year.
I definitely see photos of Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Malaga, and Stockholm. The castle photo could be for MAN. Highrises are probably Dubai.
My guesses are:
Start of video, only TATL flights are part of the announcment
BER-IAD (Photo of building with small towers in Berlin)
CDG-IAH? (photo with Eifel Tower)
ORD-BCN (arm with four 6-sided stars in video/ORD and photo of colorful tiles/BCN)
EWR-ARN (photo of river at Stockholm, Swedish flag in video)
EWR-DXB (photo of skyscrapers)
EWR & IAD-MAN (photo of castles could be MAN)
LGW to EWR/IAD Guessing, see LHR-LAX
LHR-LAX #2 (bag tags on video - guessing frequency moved from EWR-LHR for extra slot to LAX)
EWR-BUD (Twins in video)
EWR-AGP (video with location on napkin and NY Area code 646)
ORD or IAD-MAD- (video Bear and a strawberry tree - Madrid statue)
The video shows a FF named Lily Golden on her phone. Traced that to Florence but the airport would have to be Bologna, BLQ-EWR.
 
AdEd
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:12 pm

VC10er wrote:
Currently, does anyone know how many United flights cross the Atlantic from the USA to ALL of Europe? I recently read an article that said, quote: “United has more flights to Europe than DL & AA combined” - I am assuming that adds up all UA flights, not just EWR.
Thanks


As of this week I believe UA has 511 weekly departures for Europe, including TLV. DL has 491, AA has 402.

Peak TATL schedules (including India, the Middle East and Africa) had UA at 679 weekly flights, DL at 545, and AA at 416.
 
voxkel
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:14 pm

IAH-MAD feels like a route UA should operate but doesn’t. There is a lot of connecting opportunity from Mexico and Central América for such a flight.
 
SBAer
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:18 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
ORD or IAD-MAD- (video Bear and a strawberry tree - Madrid statue)
.


I think that's a Cherry Tree which might make it a Washington DC reference? IAD-BER?
 
Knw1000
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:21 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
OK, now UA has dropped a video on Twitter with clues like last year.
I definitely see photos of Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Malaga, and Stockholm. The castle photo could be for MAN. Highrises are probably Dubai.
My guesses are:
Start of video, only TATL flights are part of the announcment
BER-IAD (Photo of building with small towers in Berlin)
CDG-IAH? (photo with Eifel Tower)
ORD-BCN (arm with four 6-sided stars in video/ORD and photo of colorful tiles/BCN)
EWR-ARN (photo of river at Stockholm, Swedish flag in video)
EWR-DXB (photo of skyscrapers)
EWR & IAD-MAN (photo of castles could be MAN)
LGW to EWR/IAD Guessing, see LHR-LAX
LHR-LAX #2 (bag tags on video - guessing frequency moved from EWR-LHR for extra slot to LAX)
EWR-BUD (Twins in video)
EWR-AGP (video with location on napkin and NY Area code 646)
ORD or IAD-MAD- (video Bear and a strawberry tree - Madrid statue)
The video shows a FF named Lily Golden on her phone. Traced that to Florence but the airport would have to be Bologna, BLQ-EWR.


I could totally see a new Italy flight, UA has been extremely successful there. Also, BUD is likely as it has been reported UA has been requesting the slots for EWR-BUD. Only thing I don't really know is how many more wide body flights UA can fit out of EWR... . LGW could be very possible.
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:00 pm

What about EWR-ICN?
 
jplatts
Posts: 6369
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:13 pm

wenders825 wrote:
I'm curious about the potential Japanese route. NGO would be the logical next market from SFO if they were to add a new flight, no? how much demand is there for that?


San Jose, CA-based Western Digital owns manufacturing facilities with Kioxia near Nagoya in Yokkaichi, Japan.

Toyota, which is headquartered in the city of Toyota in Greater Nagoya, has its North American headquarters in Plano, TX.

Buffalo Technology, which is headquartered in Nagoya, has its North American headquarters in Austin, TX.

Brother Industries, which is headquartered in Nagoya, has its North American headquarters on the New Jersey side of the NYC metro area in Bridgewater, NJ.

Nagoya-based Makita has its North American headquarters in La Mirada, California in Greater Los Angeles.

NH currently only has 1 daily nonstop to NGO from HND, and NH will be resuming NRT-NGO nonstop service on 10/30/2022 (with only 1 daily nonstop in each direction on NRT-NGO).

There might possibly be a market for UA SFO-NGO nonstop service with the connecting feed that UA would have onto SFO-NGO from places such as AUS/DFW/LAX/EWR.

There would also be some connecting opportunities onto NH NGO-OKA from UA SFO-NGO flights if UA adds SFO-NGO nonstop service, and there are some Americans who do connect to OKA with the U.S. military bases that are there on Okinawa Island.
 
jplatts
Posts: 6369
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:22 pm

wenders825 wrote:
I'm curious about the potential Japanese route.


While LAX-KIX isn't currently served nonstop by UA or its partner NH, UA adding LAX-KIX nonstop service is a possibility as an UA LAX-KIX add would allow UA (and its partner NH) to better compete against JL/AA in the Greater Los Angeles and Keihanshin (Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe) markets.

JL (who partners with AA in the U.S.) is also currently the only airline serving KIX nonstop from LAX.

There are also some UA FF's in Southern California and NH FF's in the Keihanshin region who would avoid JL/AA whenever possible.
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:26 pm

For the CDG, I am guessing the following ranked in likelihood:
1) DEN.
2) IAH.
3) IAD goes double daily.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7214
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:27 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
For the CDG, I am guessing the following ranked in likelihood:
1) DEN.
2) IAH.
3) IAD goes double daily.


Why do you think DEN is more likely?
 
hl8208
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:42 pm

wenders825 wrote:
I'm curious about the potential Japanese route.


I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a "re-announcement" of LAX-HND. It wouldn't be the first time UA used these flashy reveals to present a route that was already announced (SFO-AMS comes to mind).
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:03 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
For the CDG, I am guessing the following ranked in likelihood:
1) DEN.
2) IAH.
3) IAD goes double daily.


Why do you think DEN is more likely?


UA hasn't added a brand new route out of IAH for a while.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7214
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Airlines Network Thread - 2022

Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
For the CDG, I am guessing the following ranked in likelihood:
1) DEN.
2) IAH.
3) IAD goes double daily.


Why do you think DEN is more likely?


UA hasn't added a brand new route out of IAH for a while.


That is a true statement.

If CDG is added, IAH does make a lot more sense just because the market is a lot bigger and they both have AF in the summer. That said, if its a route where neither have much of a market, I could see DEN instead. DEN has the better geography for connectivity.

IAH is a weird one for UA: they never give us much but they never take anything either. IAHs route network has been exceptionally stable internationally.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos