Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf789
Topic Author

Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:39 pm

Welcome to the Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022. Please continue to add your comments below

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1468413

Thatcher

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:21 pm

Air Asia to resume SYD on 14 Feb.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2022/01/31/airasia-x-to-resume-kl-to-sydney-flights-starting-february-14/2038685

flights will initially be operated weekly on Sundays from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney and returning on Mondays, starting February 14 to March 22.

"Starting with flights to and from Sydney, we will progressively continue to honour outstanding bookings and Credit Accounts for our guests and creditors in other markets as soon as possible." [quote from a spokesperson]

There will be some folk holding credit vouchers give a sigh of relief. Haha, some folk that travel in the region too, for the continued downward pressure on fares.

Chipmunk1973

Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:28 pm

With the delays in Boeing delivering its 787s, will QF still receive the remaining three by the middle of this year?

Cheers.

tullamarine

Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:57 pm

Chipmunk1973 wrote:
With the delays in Boeing delivering its 787s, will QF still receive the remaining three by the middle of this year?

Cheers.

It is hard to say as Boeing are still yet to receive clearance from FAA on the production issues that led to the cessation of all 787 deliveries. Rumours currently suggest that Boeing are hoping for clearance before the northern summer. Once cleared, any necessary rework will need to be completed prior to delivery so the middle of the year may be unlikely but some time in the third quarter could be achievable. There is a significant backlog of parked 787s so I don't know what order rework will be completed.

SCFlyer

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:38 am

Jetstar resumes Bali from February 14. Qantas and Virgin to resume on March 27. All from East Coast capitals.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... february-4

jrfspa320

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:43 am

SCFlyer wrote:
Jetstar resumes Bali from February 14. Qantas and Virgin to resume on March 27. All from East Coast capitals.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... february-4

I cant see much demand with 5 days of quarantine on arrival.

smi0006

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:54 am

Separate from the industry news here- mini review, flew ZL SYD-OOL on Sunday. What a breath of fresh air!! Can’t recommend them highly enough, but as stress free non queues at SYD, tagging bag was easy, agent was a delight, and crew onboard were very young and perhaps inexperienced in service but very friendly and engaging. They clearly enjoyed being at work. Was given a complimentary upgrade to business, apparently they always fill it up. Snack was okay presentation wise but decent quality and filling.

Would easily choose ZL over QF or VA simply for the lack of queue and friendly staff. And…. Potentially to avoid the other pushy pax types who appear on QF ;) Hopefully they can capitalise well on this cheerful stress free niche!

CraigAnderson

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:06 am

Chipmunk1973 wrote:

I thought they were all painted in Qantas livery and parked at Victorville and ready to be handed over to Qantas?

Also, now that Airbus has cancelled Qatar's A321neo and A321LR order, I wonder if other airline customers, including Qantas, might be jostling to take up those delivery slots?

EK413

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:58 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Chipmunk1973 wrote:

I thought they were all painted in Qantas livery and parked at Victorville and ready to be handed over to Qantas?

Also, now that Airbus has cancelled Qatar's A321neo and A321LR order, I wonder if other airline customers, including Qantas, might be jostling to take up those delivery slots?

2 out of the 3 received the full QF livery with 1 frame to the left of this image (not visible) rumoured to be receiving a special livery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evanb

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
I cant see much demand with 5 days of quarantine on arrival.

Not just the quarantine, but the significant cost of the special visa. With Philippines recently announcing a significant reopening of borders in February with no quarantine or special visa rules for vaccinated travelers, hopefully this might spur Indonesia into some action. Hopefully, we'll see some return of flights between Manila and Sydney and Melbourne.

tullamarine

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:58 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Chipmunk1973 wrote:

Apparently they are not legally delivered so will need to receive any FAA mandated rectifications before handover. Even if they were delivered, you'd imagine QF would want any potential defects, serious enough for FAA to halt deliveries, to be fixed before going into service.

smi0006

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Chipmunk1973 wrote:

Cheers.

Do we think they may exercise a few more options soon? Would surprise me when they announce the 350 order if they add 3 or 4 more 789 in also, it appears to be a very flexible aircraft especially ( ex-MEL/BNE ) just what QF need in the current environment! Although brings us back to the future of the JQ787

SCFlyer

Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:52 am

smi0006 wrote:
Chipmunk1973 wrote:

Cheers.

Do we think they may exercise a few more options soon? Would surprise me when they announce the 350 order if they add 3 or 4 more 789 in also, it appears to be a very flexible aircraft especially ( ex-MEL/BNE ) just what QF need in the current environment! Although brings us back to the future of the JQ787

IMO the JQ 788s are either passed to QF mainline for Medium Haul Asia/Hawaii (with seats blocked off for crew) or they're gradually put for sale over the next few years.

Can't see any other alternative options for them at JQ with the LRs/XLRs on the way.

jrfspa320

Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:07 am

There were two Air Asia X A330s operating from KUL into PER and back yesterday. Guessing charters for someone?

I thought Air Asia X has ceased operations.

log0008

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:18 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
There were two Air Asia X A330s operating from KUL into PER and back yesterday. Guessing charters for someone?

They are still operating into MEL and SYD - they are all cargo flights however.

tullamarine

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 am

log0008 wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

They are still operating into MEL and SYD - they are all cargo flights however.

Yes only cargo currently but they have announced they will recommence pax on KUL-SYD sometime in February though I assume that will rely on some type of VTL being approved.

Thatcher

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:39 am

jrfspa320 wrote:

The AirAsia thread mentioned a charter KL - London recently, medical evacuation. Better travel insurance than I have.

They are making their first steps to resume regular passenger flights this month - once per week to SYD (mentioned up thread). Reading between the lines there I'm wondering if they are just clearing credit vouchers, with several destinations to have a turn. I know they returned many of their A330 to lessors and cancelled all (most?) of their A330-900 order.

I was expecting 'X' to die as well.

tullamarine

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:51 am

Thatcher wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

The AirAsia thread mentioned a charter KL - London recently, medical evacuation. Better travel insurance than I have.

They are making their first steps to resume regular passenger flights this month - once per week to SYD (mentioned up thread). Reading between the lines there I'm wondering if they are just clearing credit vouchers, with several destinations to have a turn. I know they returned many of their A330 to lessors and cancelled all (most?) of their A330-900 order.

Lease companies had the choice of bringing down the boom on companies like D7 and ending up with a pile of widebodies that they'd have to park in the desert and probably never lease again or support them by lease reductions and deferrals in the hope that they come out the other side of the pandemic and remain an ongoing customer. In many respects, it is probably an easy decision.

smi0006

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:52 am

Thatcher wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

I think the credit also flows Air Asia’s way too, I’ve heard they have a lot of unpaid bills in AU- ground handling and airport company….

SCFlyer

Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 am

Thatcher wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

Air Asia X also has A321XLRs on order. I wonder if they will eventually be 'transferred' to AirAsia Malaysia? (the Short Haul International / Domestic division).

CraigAnderson

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am

Perth Airport is temporarily closing some domestic terminals in line with lack of demand.

The domestic Terminal 1 will be closed from the weekend with all Virgin Australian flights moved to Terminal 2. Terminal 3 will only operate from 3.30am to 8am on weekdays for FIFO services. The changes will take full effect from February 7.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politi ... 59tct.html

tullamarine

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Perth Airport is temporarily closing some domestic terminals in line with lack of demand.

The domestic Terminal 1 will be closed from the weekend with all Virgin Australian flights moved to Terminal 2. Terminal 3 will only operate from 3.30am to 8am on weekdays for FIFO services. The changes will take full effect from February 7.

In the middle of last year, Perth was the busiest airport in Australia; now it is tumbling tumbleweeds.

SCFlyer

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

The question now is how long for, depending on McGowan's moves. I would not be surprised if Qantas is next to follow by temporarily mothballing part of their terminals.

SCFlyer

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:04 am

VH-UYC and VH-UYR from Alliance Airlines are the two E190s units that has been leased to Air North.
Per Air North website they are using the 94 seat config. (The ex-COPA config).

RyanairGuru

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:18 am

SCFlyer wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

The question now is how long for, depending on McGowan's moves. I would not be surprised if Qantas is next to follow by temporarily mothballing part of their terminals.

Terminal 3 is a Qantas terminal. Sounds like Qantas-branded FIFO will still use it, but all scheduled traffic will be (re-)consolidated back to Terminal 4.

RyanairGuru

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:21 am

tullamarine wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

In the middle of last year, Perth was the busiest airport in Australia; now it is tumbling tumbleweeds.

Pretty sure nothing much has changed since last year, other than the cancellation/curtailment of BNE, ADL, DRW, HBA. FIFO and intra-WA is as strong as ever, and that’s what kept PER going while SYD and MEL were in cold storage. Terminal 1 Domestic and Terminal 3 have been closed more than they’ve been open over the past 2 years. The only reason PER appears less busy now than 12 months ago is the East Coast airports are coming back to life.

EK413

Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:51 pm

-OQH will be the next mothball QF A380 to be re-activated ferrying VCV-LAX 10th February before continuing onto SYD by the end of the month.

Thatcher

Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:40 pm

smi0006 wrote:
Thatcher wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

I think the credit also flows Air Asia’s way too, I’ve heard they have a lot of unpaid bills in AU- ground handling and airport company….

Oh yeah, AirAsia owes many billions around the world. Their debt restructuring plan is apparently to pay out just 0.5%; half a cent in the dollar. And a share capital reduction of 99.9%. As someone in the AirAsia thread said: "Shareholders are 99.9% wiped out and there is no realistic hope of ever recovering their investments. Creditors are only slightly better off, 99.5% wiped out."

Teetering...

But I meant credit vouchers held by would-be passengers - I should have been clearer.

I'd imagine it is important to keep the Malaysian / Thai public on-side - even if 'X' were to fold, they would keep domestic going. Similar to VA. These AAX flights may be about getting SE Asian students to our universities. (Pure speculation on my part.)

moa999

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:11 pm

Thatcher wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Thatcher wrote:

Oh yeah, AirAsia owes many billions around the world. Their debt restructuring plan is apparently to pay out just 0.5%; half a cent in the dollar. And a share capital reduction of 99.9%. As someone in the AirAsia thread said: "Shareholders are 99.9% wiped out and there is no realistic hope of ever recovering their investments. Creditors are only slightly better off, 99.5% wiped out."

Need to be careful.

The debt proposal is AirAsiaX.

It's a separate airline and a separate share market listing on the Malaysian share market to Air Asia Group.

Though AAG did have a shareholding in AAX, and will be one of the major investors as part of the recap.

a36001

Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 am

smi0006 wrote:
Separate from the industry news here- mini review, flew ZL SYD-OOL on Sunday. What a breath of fresh air!! Can’t recommend them highly enough, but as stress free non queues at SYD, tagging bag was easy, agent was a delight, and crew onboard were very young and perhaps inexperienced in service but very friendly and engaging. They clearly enjoyed being at work. Was given a complimentary upgrade to business, apparently they always fill it up. Snack was okay presentation wise but decent quality and filling.

Would easily choose ZL over QF or VA simply for the lack of queue and friendly staff. And…. Potentially to avoid the other pushy pax types who appear on QF ;) Hopefully they can capitalise well on this cheerful stress free niche!

I agree on this. JQ cancelled my Syd>Mel flight on new years day due to operational requirement. They could offer me flights to Mel via the Gold Coast but that would have taken 9 hours and I was not confident they wouldn't cancel the OOL>Mel also stranding me further than I was in Syd. So I jumped on Rex website at 9pm 31/12/2021 and booked a $69 one way next day at 11am departure and got a upgrade! The ground and air crew were a delight! The plane was straight from VA and needed an update, but I couldn't be happier!

They saved my bacon and I highly recommend them! And I am rusted on JQ/QF supporter!

AdvancedBikkie

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:35 am

jrfspa320 wrote:

Yeah, I saw some Air Asia X A330s overflying Perth in January. Wasn't able to get onto FlightRadar at that point, but I think that it was a ferry flight. I don't know what happened. It was very strange.

BAeRJ100

Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:29 am

AdvancedBikkie wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

Yeah, I saw some Air Asia X A330s overflying Perth in January. Wasn't able to get onto FlightRadar at that point, but I think that it was a ferry flight. I don't know what happened. It was very strange.

As with the aforementioned MEL and SYD flights, the PER flights have also been for cargo only.

tullamarine

Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:48 am

a36001 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

I agree on this. JQ cancelled my Syd>Mel flight on new years day due to operational requirement. They could offer me flights to Mel via the Gold Coast but that would have taken 9 hours and I was not confident they wouldn't cancel the OOL>Mel also stranding me further than I was in Syd. So I jumped on Rex website at 9pm 31/12/2021 and booked a $69 one way next day at 11am departure and got a upgrade! The ground and air crew were a delight! The plane was straight from VA and needed an update, but I couldn't be happier!

They saved my bacon and I highly recommend them! And I am rusted on JQ/QF supporter!

It's nice that they are giving upgrades but it sends a concerning message about their loads that they are giving away J seats to walk-up $69 customers that VA charge $300 for and QF charge $600 for. The sustainability of their business model must be in question.

smi0006

Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:17 am

tullamarine wrote:
a36001 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

It's nice that they are giving upgrades but it sends a concerning message about their loads that they are giving away J seats to walk-up $69 customers that VA charge $300 for and QF charge $600 for. The sustainability of their business model must be in question.

Fully agree - both my flights were empty. They seriously need to stop slagging off the competition and get out there, and build some brand awareness! These days some cheap social media stunts can garner some attention- more so than John Sharp rubbishing QF! Cheap flights won’t even fill flights if people don’t know who you exist.

badseed79

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:42 am

The Melbourne Airport draft plan for the 3rd runway was (finally) released for public comment yesterday. As expected (after the 2018 rethink), they're going for a parallel of 34/16. The new runway (34L/16R) will be 3000m long - both ends will have an ILS. Interestingly they are going to shorten 27/09 by ~250m to 1920m. This means that the new runway won't intersect with 27/09.

They have a virtual engagement room online at: https://caportal.com.au/melair/virtual if you'd like to take a look and provide feedback etc.

a36001

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:06 am

tullamarine wrote:
a36001 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

I should clarify I was upgraded to an emergency exit row not business class and the flight was ~80% full in economy and 100% full in business class. I was quite impressed really, not as polished as Qantas but a damned side more friendly that JQ! I am sad to say lol

CraigAnderson

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 am

Good detailed report on the 'new' seats which Virgin is 'trialling' on its ex-Silk 737s.

Business class seems better than the Qantas equivalent except for the lack of IFE screen, although I don't know how many people watch IFE on domestic flights, especially in business class.

Economy seat is slimmer so there's a bit of extra legroom but still reported as very comfortable, a shame the in-seat USB ports are covered and inoperable.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... nomy-seats

a320fan

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:56 am

The ribbed design on the new VA seats is unique for economy and looks quite ‘luxurious’

smi0006

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:54 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Good detailed report on the 'new' seats which Virgin is 'trialling' on its ex-Silk 737s.

Business class seems better than the Qantas equivalent except for the lack of IFE screen, although I don't know how many people watch IFE on domestic flights, especially in business class.

Economy seat is slimmer so there's a bit of extra legroom but still reported as very comfortable, a shame the in-seat USB ports are covered and inoperable.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... nomy-seats

Interesting - these look like the same seats UA has on their maxes which have received good reviews. Albeit they have installed IFE - a move I think VA should make as their 737s fly some decent length routes to PER,NZ, DPS and PI. UA have also reported they see an uptick in customer satisfaction - across all areas when IFE is installed.

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I hope VA goes for a cabin divider, and maybe some form of branding on the bulkheads? Even half way deep purple or something? Both QF and VA cabins seem so sterile - surprisingly UA have again done a good job on their 737s with small touches, small touches that make the cabin look feel a lot more new and premium.

SCFlyer

Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:35 am

VA assumably ordered off the Collins Aerospace range, looks like VA used 'Pinnacle' range for their Y seats on the two ex-MI/SQ 737s.
Interesting that VA ordered the Y seats to come with the USB plugs but hasn't gotten them enabled, instead covering over the USB plugs.

https://www.collinsaerospace.com/what-w ... nomy-Class

tullamarine

Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:12 am

SCFlyer wrote:
VA assumably ordered off the Collins Aerospace range, looks like VA used 'Pinnacle' range for their Y seats on the two ex-MI/SQ 737s.
Interesting that VA ordered the Y seats to come with the USB plugs but hasn't gotten them enabled, instead covering over the USB plugs.

https://www.collinsaerospace.com/what-w ... nomy-Class

I think they plan to have USB in Y in future but during the trial period have not wired the aircraft for this. Apparently the USB port input is under the cover already; it just doesn't go to any power source.

I'm always a bit unimpressed with the power provided by the USB-A ports on lots of planes. The USB port on QF's A332 will not recharge my iPhone on a seven hour SIN-MEL sector. It is just easier to keep a power bank in your carry-on and use it to recharge instead.

Albeit they have installed IFE - a move I think VA should make as their 737s fly some decent length routes to PER,NZ, DPS and PI. UA have also reported they see an uptick in customer satisfaction - across all areas when IFE is installed.

I would think it very unlikely they bother with installing screens. They add significant weight and faulty screens are a constant source of angst between cabin crew and passengers. It is easier to have an in-cabin broadcast WIFI BYOD solution where the reliability of the screen is accepted as the passenger's responsibility.

LoganTheBogan

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:57 am

QantasLink flights from WGA to BNE will be commencing next month so flight times and numbers are now in the system.

One of them so far is QF2377/QF2376 with a total flight time of 2hr.

Flight will depart WGA at 17:15 and arrive at BNE at 18:15 operated by the Q400.

I haven’t investigated the other flights yet but so far it’s only three weekly, however is expected to increase once operating.

That will mean two Q400s at WGA at the same time (other one operating QF2229/2230 SYD) plus the two Rex Saabs doing SYD/MEL plus a Q300 resuming Melbourne, although date and times not finalised.

I’m excited for my work to be once again a nice busy NSW regional hub!

a320fan

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:15 am

tullamarine wrote:
Albeit they have installed IFE - a move I think VA should make as their 737s fly some decent length routes to PER,NZ, DPS and PI. UA have also reported they see an uptick in customer satisfaction - across all areas when IFE is installed.

I would think it very unlikely they bother with installing screens. They add significant weight and faulty screens are a constant source of angst between cabin crew and passengers. It is easier to have an in-cabin broadcast WIFI BYOD solution where the reliability of the screen is accepted as the passenger's responsibility.

They should fit a device holder where the screen would be, would make it much more pleasant to watch BYOD IFE. No need to hold a device or use up the tray table when trying to eat or work on a laptop.

moa999

Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:12 am

Travel with a decent powerbank and power doesn't matter. They are cheap enough.
(Indeed I recall a JAL doemstic flight a few years ago where that was the on-board solution).

But new VAs big missing element is inflight Internet.
The prior service was noticeably slower than the Qantas NBN/Viasat solution, but did work to NZ.

But having nothing puts them at a big disadvantage to the business traveller, rubbed seats or not.

qf2220

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 am

LoganTheBogan wrote:
QantasLink flights from WGA to BNE will be commencing next month so flight times and numbers are now in the system.

Flight will depart WGA at 17:15 and arrive at BNE at 18:15 operated by the Q400.

I haven’t investigated the other flights yet but so far it’s only three weekly, however is expected to increase once operating.

That will mean two Q400s at WGA at the same time (other one operating QF2229/2230 SYD) plus the two Rex Saabs doing SYD/MEL plus a Q300 resuming Melbourne, although date and times not finalised.

Awesome news. This is what Rex should have been doing instead of 737ops.

EK413

Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Etihad brings back daily Sydney & Melbourne flights, whilst QR to operate daily flights to Brisbane from 1 March.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ne-flights

Obzerva

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:33 pm

EK413 wrote:
Etihad brings back daily Sydney & Melbourne flights, whilst QR to operate daily flights to Brisbane from 1 March.

Interesting split schedule for EY on this one.

Essentially there is a daily mid afternoon flight (4 MEL, 3 SYD), and a daily evening flight (3 MEL, 4 SYD), they're just split between the two.
The domestic connecting flight between MEL and SYD does add time, but it's a novel approach as opposed to just an evening flight like I think QR & EK are doing.

gpasternak

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:52 am

qf2220 wrote:
LoganTheBogan wrote:

Awesome news. This is what Rex should have been doing instead of 737ops.

Agree. Rather than add yet another triangle route flight, stick to what they (Rex) were good at. These point to point routes are perfect adds with QF Q400's and as some posters have noted, cut down on transfering at SYD.

Kiwings

Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:15 am

Obzerva wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Essentially there is a daily mid afternoon flight (4 MEL, 3 SYD), and a daily evening flight (3 MEL, 4 SYD), they're just split between the two.
The domestic connecting flight between MEL and SYD does add time, but it's a novel approach as opposed to just an evening flight like I think QR & EK are doing.

Also understand that effective 01MAR QR are going to operate 3 times a week DOH- ADL - AKL with a A350. This replaces the current AKL BNE DOH service. Not sure if they have traffic rights ADL-AKL VV.

zkncj

Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:14 am

Kiwings wrote:
Obzerva wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Also understand that effective 01MAR QR are going to operate 3 times a week DOH- ADL - AKL with a A350. This replaces the current AKL BNE DOH service. Not sure if they have traffic rights ADL-AKL VV.

Currently you can’t travel on QR just for BNE-AKL or AKL-BNE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos