Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:15 am

a320fan wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Qantas rerouting LHR flights through the Middle East and Southern Europe instead of through Russia, effective as of QF2 today, will add about an hour’s flying time

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/qanta ... ight-path/

QF1 & 9 have been clocking almost exactly on 17 hours lately so this will push the flight time out to 18. What’s it blocked at?


Block time from DRW is 16hrs 55 mins
 
VHVOZ
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:08 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Nauru Airlines

The airline recently unveiled its new livery with B737-700 VH-INU yesterday emerging from the paintshop in Townsville. I have to say the new livery looks fantastic!

Image Source - Nauru Airlines

Image
 
NZ516
Posts: 1411
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:21 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:11 pm

qf789 wrote:
Qantas rerouting LHR flights through the Middle East and Southern Europe instead of through Russia, effective as of QF2 today, will add about an hour’s flying time

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/qanta ... ight-path/


Good move. Better to get to your destination in one piece and the long way round than to get shot down accidently by a missile.
 
smi0006
Posts: 3115
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:15 pm

FromCDGtoSYD wrote:
Obzerva wrote:
SQ restarting SIN-CNS next month.
Good to see for the region.

No mention of SIN-DRW though, maybe saving that for a separate announcement to keep the good news stories coming.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ns-flights



Well there we go

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/02/27/sing ... -29-march/


I wonder if the shift from MI to SQ brand will increase loads, if pax are more aware and willing to fly globally renowned brand such as SQ over MI. Of course we all know who MI were abs their link with SQ, but doubt general public did. Hopefully they build frequency!
 
Bluebird191
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:24 pm

smi0006 wrote:
FromCDGtoSYD wrote:
Obzerva wrote:
SQ restarting SIN-CNS next month.
Good to see for the region.

No mention of SIN-DRW though, maybe saving that for a separate announcement to keep the good news stories coming.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ns-flights



Well there we go

https://mainlymiles.com/2022/02/27/sing ... -29-march/


I wonder if the shift from MI to SQ brand will increase loads, if pax are more aware and willing to fly globally renowned brand such as SQ over MI. Of course we all know who MI were abs their link with SQ, but doubt general public did. Hopefully they build frequency!


Quite likely, however, SQ have maintained a weekly rotation in CNS for a good part of the pandemic with their own branded A350's - was a freight run tagged with WTB. Return to CNS; or a swap from freight onto to pax operations here?
 
LTEN11
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:26 pm

VHVOZ wrote:
Nauru Airlines

The airline recently unveiled its new livery with B737-700 VH-INU yesterday emerging from the paintshop in Townsville. I have to say the new livery looks fantastic!

Image Source - Nauru Airlines

Image


That does look good :thumbsup:
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:13 am

OOL is currently closed due to bad weather

https://twitter.com/gcairport/status/14 ... 55655?s=21
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 9346
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:23 am

Brisbane appear to be down to one runway, presumably due to visibility restricting simultaneous movements?
 
tullamarine
Posts: 3476
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:27 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Brisbane appear to be down to one runway, presumably due to visibility restricting simultaneous movements?

It looks like the worst of the rain has now moved south with only 0.2mm since 9AM; yesterday they were getting 50mm an hour. I assume if a runway is closed it is more likely to be caused by casual water on the runway or associated taxiways.
 
BNEFlyer
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:41 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:32 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Brisbane appear to be down to one runway, presumably due to visibility restricting simultaneous movements?

Partly cloudy skies and the sun is out today. The legacy runway (and some taxiways) were closed yesterday due to flooding.
 
User avatar
CraigAnderson
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 am

Qantas eyes mid-year return to Hong Kong

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... -hong-kong

Does anybody really think that HKG will open up in the next six months? They're basically locked into 'COVID Zero' like China and no country has really made that work.
 
NTLDaz
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:56 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:12 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Qantas eyes mid-year return to Hong Kong

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... -hong-kong

Does anybody really think that HKG will open up in the next six months? They're basically locked into 'COVID Zero' like China and no country has really made that work.


Common sense would say yes given they've just had 26K cases ( up from 15k the day before ). The Genie is out of the bottle and zero is nigh on impossible.
 
smi0006
Posts: 3115
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:15 am

BNEFlyer wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
Brisbane appear to be down to one runway, presumably due to visibility restricting simultaneous movements?

Partly cloudy skies and the sun is out today. The legacy runway (and some taxiways) were closed yesterday due to flooding.


I’ve heard they have to tow aircraft to the new runway, perhaps due to amount of water on taxiways?
 
xiaotung
Posts: 1120
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:17 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Qantas eyes mid-year return to Hong Kong

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... -hong-kong

Does anybody really think that HKG will open up in the next six months? They're basically locked into 'COVID Zero' like China and no country has really made that work.


You could argue that with over 25,000 cases a day, Hong Kong has gone beyond any realistic chances of ever going back to COVID Zero. China is another story but if Hong Kong could reopen without COVID Zero, it might prompt them to reevaluate their strategy. Note that there are still a few international sporting events remaining on the calendar.
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5908
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:37 am

smi0006 wrote:
BNEFlyer wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
Brisbane appear to be down to one runway, presumably due to visibility restricting simultaneous movements?

Partly cloudy skies and the sun is out today. The legacy runway (and some taxiways) were closed yesterday due to flooding.


I’ve heard they have to tow aircraft to the new runway, perhaps due to amount of water on taxiways?

BNE is down to 1 runway due to flooding of the main runway & taxiways.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-27/ ... 100864896' ABC News

Image

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:03 am

Bamboo Airways adding 2 weekly SGN-SYD from 30 March 22, hoping to increase to 4 weekly by end of year

https://twitter.com/sydneyairport/statu ... 91040?s=21
 
User avatar
Velocity7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:49 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:04 am

They were really struggling to get them into BNE yesterday afternoon and evening. Many missed approaches and go arounds. I watched QF544 give it 3 attempts before diverting to MCY. Looks like it positioned back to BNE late this morning.
At one point I saw about a dozen aircraft lined up for a 19R departure late in the afternoon when there was a small break in the weather
 
User avatar
CraigAnderson
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:44 am

Bamboo Airways is doing a 'twin city' launch on March 28 with inaugural flights from both Sydney and Melbourne, pretty ambitious!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ty-flights
 
NTLDaz
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:56 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:46 am

Spare a thought for the airline staff who had to deal with all the cancellations and rebooking today. I spent 2 hours on hold trying to sort out a cancelled flight and rebook for tomorrow - that's ok because stuff happens but the staff would have been taking call after call and I'm sure plenty of people weren't polite.
 
smi0006
Posts: 3115
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 am

NTLDaz wrote:
Spare a thought for the airline staff who had to deal with all the cancellations and rebooking today. I spent 2 hours on hold trying to sort out a cancelled flight and rebook for tomorrow - that's ok because stuff happens but the staff would have been taking call after call and I'm sure plenty of people weren't polite.


And the poor bastards are only probably only just recovering from omicron cancellations. Watching checkin at SYD can’t get over how rude people are to the poor staff!
 
kriskim
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:03 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Bamboo Airways is doing a 'twin city' launch on March 28 with inaugural flights from both Sydney and Melbourne, pretty ambitious!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ty-flights


I thought MEL flights were already launched like a week ago? QH88/89 currently operates 1 weekly.
 
smi0006
Posts: 3115
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:12 am

kriskim wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
Bamboo Airways is doing a 'twin city' launch on March 28 with inaugural flights from both Sydney and Melbourne, pretty ambitious!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ty-flights


I thought MEL flights were already launched like a week ago? QH88/89 currently operates 1 weekly.


Decent layovers for crew!! Or do they double crew the tech crew and cabin crew do a day return to Vietnam I wonder?
 
kriskim
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:40 am

smi0006 wrote:
kriskim wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
Bamboo Airways is doing a 'twin city' launch on March 28 with inaugural flights from both Sydney and Melbourne, pretty ambitious!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ty-flights


I thought MEL flights were already launched like a week ago? QH88/89 currently operates 1 weekly.


Decent layovers for crew!! Or do they double crew the tech crew and cabin crew do a day return to Vietnam I wonder?


Lands in on Saturday, overnights and takes off the following morning! So I’m assuming the same crew before the increase to 2 weekly.
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5908
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:33 pm

We certainly ain’t getting a break with QLD floods, & now North Kimberley bracing for Tropical Cyclone Anika approaching…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 12531
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - February 2022

Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:35 am

Please continue discussion in Australian Aviation Thread - March 2022

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1470855
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos