Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

pitintl

Re: United States Essential Air Service (EAS) Thread

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Chuska wrote:
pitintl wrote:
With AOO going to LF in November, Boutique (4B) is left with only Carlsbad, Massena, and Pendleton. How long do you think service to these communities will last? I would think MSS would be another candidate for LF service to PHL.

PDT just renewed with Boutique for two more years and CNM has a four year contract which still has three years to go. I could see Southern buying out Boutique like they did with Air Choice One.

Looks like these will likely be the only 2 markets served by 4B for the foreseeable future. I don't see them winning any bids with the latest round of bidding. Their service record in a lot of these markets speaks for itself. I feel like LF and DAC provide good, reliable options into communities the previously had 4B or OO service. Take a look the majority of wins so far. This is what I feel really is the goal of the EAS program.

SyracuseAvGeek

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:25 pm

pitintl wrote:
MO11 wrote:

pitintl wrote:
My money would be on 9K to return to the market with service to BOS. 9X would be the same, but I don't think MSS will be getting BWI/IAD service anytime soon again. That's a long way on a Caravan.

9X could bid with the PC-12.

Their PC-12 ops are only in Arizona at the current moment with service to SOW. I honestly think it would be 12x weekly service to BOS, which should more than suffice the rules for EAS in a market like MSS. Looking at T100 data, the traffic for BOS far outweighs BWI from MSS by a large margin.

SOW is the only place they are currently flying them, but Chadron is also supposed to be on something other than a C208, in their case a K200. They have been using the C208 for Chadron flights ever since they started there in June of 2021. Only reason SOW has a PC12 right off the bat is because it’s operationally necessary.

I know CDR is not to happy about that aspect.

WA707atMSP

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:37 pm

pitintl wrote:
Chuska wrote:
pitintl wrote:
With AOO going to LF in November, Boutique (4B) is left with only Carlsbad, Massena, and Pendleton. How long do you think service to these communities will last? I would think MSS would be another candidate for LF service to PHL.

PDT just renewed with Boutique for two more years and CNM has a four year contract which still has three years to go. I could see Southern buying out Boutique like they did with Air Choice One.

Looks like these will likely be the only 2 markets served by 4B for the foreseeable future. I don't see them winning any bids with the latest round of bidding. Their service record in a lot of these markets speaks for itself. I feel like LF and DAC provide good, reliable options into communities the previously had 4B or OO service. Take a look the majority of wins so far. This is what I feel really is the goal of the EAS program.

If Boutique terminates CNM early, I think Advanced Air would be likely to bid on the contract, because they already have a presence at ABQ.

MO11

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:48 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
pitintl wrote:
MO11 wrote:

Their PC-12 ops are only in Arizona at the current moment with service to SOW. I honestly think it would be 12x weekly service to BOS, which should more than suffice the rules for EAS in a market like MSS. Looking at T100 data, the traffic for BOS far outweighs BWI from MSS by a large margin.

SOW is the only place they are currently flying them, but Chadron is also supposed to be on something other than a C208, in their case a K200. They have been using the C208 for Chadron flights ever since they started there in June of 2021. Only reason SOW has a PC12 right off the bat is because it’s operationally necessary.

I know CDR is not to happy about that aspect.

Actually SOW started with a King Air, which broke right away, so it ended up contracting with a local charter operator until it could get one of the PC-12s on board. Two others fly for Surf Air. Certainly if it found it advantageous to bid a route with a PC-12, it would.

The King Air did run CDR for 9 days last month.....

BangersAndMash

Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:35 pm

pitintl wrote:
MO11 wrote:

pitintl wrote:
My money would be on 9K to return to the market with service to BOS. 9X would be the same, but I don't think MSS will be getting BWI/IAD service anytime soon again. That's a long way on a Caravan.

Just remember there is a pesky $200 per passenger cap that must be met to keep EAS status. It's somewhat counterintuitive but with small aircraft, more frequencies means you can spread out fixed costs over a larger base (if the demand is there). 12x weekly on a Cessna/PC12 is unlikely to be enough to beat the cap.

theAviationGeek

Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:42 pm

https://starherald.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/airport-board-hears-updates-approves-budget/article_153c536c-2ef4-11ed-842f-67666146ed79.html

A small non-update, update from Scottsbluff, NE (BFF). The article states that the DOT is waiting for SkyWest to appoint a separate BOD and such for the Charters division approval. The airport hopes things are wrapped up by years end and that SkyWest will transition service quickly.

I still wish DAC would have made a bid for the route. I worry putting all of their eggs in the OO basket could be detrimental if the approval falls apart.

I also wish there wasn’t such opposition to the tag flights. The river run was a mainstay of the 80s and 90s. While Kearney and Grand Island can hold their own, it would be nice to see a Denver-North Platte-Scottsbluff-Denver and vice again. I know SkyWest was running this earlier in the year with the shortages — I haven’t a clue what the economics of it would be. Each city still retains non-stop service with some frequencies being one-stop.

Ryan

atrude777

Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:14 am

Per UA/SkyWest and Contour's Schedule Online...

United/SkyWest's last day at CGI will be October 2nd.

The runway at CGI will close for 10 days until around October 13th.

October 18th, Contour will begin with 1 flight to BNA, then October 19th, increase to two daily to BNA.

Contour's Departures CGI-BNA is 8:00am and 1:30pm while the return BNA-CGI departs at 11:15am and 6:00pm.

I am planning to fly ORD-CGI on SkyWest, this may be my last time flying in and out of CGI!

Alex

Gulfstream500

Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:11 am

Looks like EAU-MSP will actually be 4x weekly now, according to the current schedule on Google flights.

EAU-MSP will have two daily departures on Monday, and one departure on Thursday and one departure on Friday.
MSP-EAU will have a single daily departure on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday.

The seasonal EAU-RSW route is currently slated for 2x weekly between December and April.

sprxUSA

Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:17 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:
Looks like EAU-MSP will actually be 4x weekly now, according to the current schedule on Google flights.

EAU-MSP will have two daily departures on Monday, and one departure on Thursday and one departure on Friday.
MSP-EAU will have a single daily departure on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday.

The seasonal EAU-RSW route is currently slated for 2x weekly between December and April.

Um, can't be daily operating less than 7 days a week lol.

Gulfstream500

Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:10 am

sprxUSA wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

I didn’t say that the route was operating daily. I stated the *days* of the week that the route would be operating and the *daily* frequencies for those days. LOL. :D

atrude777

Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:45 pm

DVL-Devils Lake Reports Stable Situation with SkyWest.

Source: https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/n ... ke-airport

DEVILS LAKE — SkyWest Airlines is no longer planning to terminate its contract with the Devils Lake Regional Airport, airport officials say, even hinting that the airline will be bidding for the route again in 2023.

The situation with SkyWest is stable for the time being, but it is still tenuous given that the contract will be up in July 2023 and the airline hasn’t confirmed they’ll bid again, Olson said.

Interesting how this may affect JMS-Jamestown, ND as they have a Tag Flight and always did from the beginning.

Alex

sprxUSA

Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Gulfstream500 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:

I didn’t say that the route was operating daily. I stated the *days* of the week that the route would be operating and the *daily* frequencies for those days. LOL. :D

You state they will have two daily departures on Monday. Daily means everyday. Correct way to state that would be they will have two departures on Mondays. No reason to have the word daily in there.

Gulfstream500

Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:42 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
Gulfstream500 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

You state they will have two daily departures on Monday. Daily means everyday. Correct way to state that would be they will have two departures on Mondays. No reason to have the word daily in there.

Hi sprxUSA,

Your post should have been written as follows:

You state they will have two daily departures on Monday. Daily means every day. The correct way to state that would be "they will have two departures on Mondays." There is no reason to have the word daily in there.

:D

FlyingElvii

Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:35 am

Any word on Paducah yet? I have heard they are lobbying for DFW in addition to CLT?

atrude777

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:20 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Any word on Paducah yet? I have heard they are lobbying for DFW in addition to CLT?

I flew into PAH a couple weeks ago and inquired about it.

At the time I spoke to PAH it was confirmed by DOT that Contour would be the selected Airline.

When Contour was originally selected they asked about other stations like BNA and was supposedly told No.

I think DFW would be much better for PAH and hope it works out that way, but I hadn't heard of rumblings.

It would explain why Contour hasn't posted PAH for sale yet but they have with the others.

TBN is EAS, so how did Contour get around to doing DFW/BNA without refiling?

Alex

Chuska

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:56 am

atrude777 wrote:

DEVILS LAKE — SkyWest Airlines is no longer planning to terminate its contract with the Devils Lake Regional Airport, airport officials say, even hinting that the airline will be bidding for the route again in 2023.

The situation with SkyWest is stable for the time being, but it is still tenuous given that the contract will be up in July 2023 and the airline hasn’t confirmed they’ll bid again, Olson said.

Interesting how this may affect JMS-Jamestown, ND as they have a Tag Flight and always did from the beginning.

Alex

Agree about JMS. Seems very odd that DVL would be retained without a tag and wrap-around with JMS.

Gulfstream500

Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:18 am

Chuska wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

Alex

Agree about JMS. Seems very odd that DVL would be retained without a tag and wrap-around with JMS.

I am curious as to why that flight goes out as a United-branded flight to DEN (653 miles away) instead of Delta-branded flight to MSP (343 miles away).

BangersAndMash

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:17 am

atrude777 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

I flew into PAH a couple weeks ago and inquired about it.

At the time I spoke to PAH it was confirmed by DOT that Contour would be the selected Airline.

When Contour was originally selected they asked about other stations like BNA and was supposedly told No.

I think DFW would be much better for PAH and hope it works out that way, but I hadn't heard of rumblings.

It would explain why Contour hasn't posted PAH for sale yet but they have with the others.

TBN is EAS, so how did Contour get around to doing DFW/BNA without refiling?

Alex

They may have DOT approval for all we know. DOT can be slow with filing, especially where a change of service does not have major material implications.

And with all the crap DOT is having to deal with right now thanks to OO, they probably don't care much as long as Contour flies the frequencies they're paid to fly and the community is happy.

The other thing is, you can't change a proposal during the bidding process. Conversations may well have taken place while that was happening and Contour might have agreed to a different flight pattern, but they wouldn't have been able to do anything about it then as far as the paperwork is concerned.

Do we have any data about traffic flows at PAH at the ready? When MSL switched, they published some data in their comment, and the evidence was that the traffic was overwhelmingly to the East Coast. CLT is a great hub for that. MSL was also looking at DFW initially but decided against it in the end on the strength of that data.

BangersAndMash

Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:16 pm

Good news for the folks in Jackson TN. They'll have TSA from Sept. 22. Aircraft will arrive at the main terminal in ATL rather than FBO. It'll make things a lot easier for people flying onwards.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2022/09/14/southern-airways-express-to-use-the-main-terminal-in-atlanta/

atrude777

Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Per News Article, SkyWest will be rebidding for Houghton, (CMX Airport).

CMX like the other 29 Airports, were part of the EAS Reduction that SkyWest submitted back in March.

HOUGHTON — SkyWest Airlines has indicated it intends to bid on servicing Houghton County Memorial Airport in the new round of Essential Air Service bids, Airport Manager Dennis Hext told the Houghton County Board Wednesday night.

Bids are due Oct. 13 for the next cycle of EAS service, which would cover two years starting Feb. 1, 2023. The federal program provides subsidies for airlines to provide service to rural markets that would otherwise be without a carrier.

Source: https://www.mininggazette.com/news/loca ... t-airport/

Previously, CMX rejected the bid proposal by Boutique Air and requested a rebid through DOT.

Source: https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

Alex

MIflyer12

Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:22 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Good news for the folks in Jackson TN. They'll have TSA from Sept. 22. Aircraft will arrive at the main terminal in ATL rather than FBO. It'll make things a lot easier for people flying onwards.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2022/09/14/southern-airways-express-to-use-the-main-terminal-in-atlanta/

Interline ticketing, or of bags?

BangersAndMash

Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:22 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Interline ticketing, or of bags?

Both ticketing and bags with AA, UA, and AS. No DL though, which is a bummer at ATL, but eh.

Right now, I guess a lot of people just drive to BNA or MEM for a non-stop. I'm sure most still will considering without DL, there's nothing the others provide at ATL they don't at BNA. AA actually gives you more out of BNA than ATL.

atrude777

Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:24 pm

Contour announced the starting date for Clarksburg and Lewisburg Airports to CLT.

Source: https://www.wboy.com/news/harrison/star ... g-airport/

Clarksburg: December 1st

Lewisburg: November 1st.

Now, Contour Airlines has officially been named the newest airline for both North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB) in Bridgeport and Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB) in Lewisburg. Flights from Clarksburg will begin Dec. 1, 2022, and flights from Lewisburg will begin Nov. 1. The airline will be on a three-year term with both airports, according to the release.

Alex

BangersAndMash

Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:07 pm

Seems we missed this. PUB has seen the writing on the wall and decided to recommend Southern Airways Express.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-1999-6589/document?postedDateFrom=2022-09-05&postedDateTo=2022-09-19

atrude777

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm

DOT has sent out a Bid Proposal for 3 EAS Cities...

El Dorado/Camden, Harrison, and Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Southern Airways Express currently serves all 3 stations.

Alex

Jshank83

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:46 pm

atrude777 wrote:

Alex

I don't think they will, but would be interesting to see Harrison moved from MEM to STL. Especially if it was a little closer to the lakes.

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:09 am

atrude777 wrote:

Alex

I continue to be astounded that Hot Springs (less than an hour's drive from LIT) was ever a part of EAS.

mesasurf

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:44 am

Ok cool. But here’s the thing. Any news out west on airports such as WYS, EKO, CDC, CNY, BTM? Those communities are growing populations, unlike places in Arkansas, Mississippi, Michigan, etc. The airports out west are definitely more important.

MO11

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:35 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

Alex

I continue to be astounded that Hot Springs (less than an hour's drive from LIT) was ever a part of EAS.

Because...Hot Springs was served by Frontier and Texas International on D-Day and it is 189 miles from the nearest medium or large hub airport (MEM). It would fall out of the program if enplanements fall below 10/day or the subsidy exceeds $200/passenger. For the first six months of 2022, it averages 12.9 pax/day.

atrude777

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:02 pm

mesasurf wrote:
Ok cool. But here’s the thing. Any news out west on airports such as WYS, EKO, CDC, CNY, BTM? Those communities are growing populations, unlike places in Arkansas, Mississippi, Michigan, etc. The airports out west are definitely more important.

SkyWest requested and was approved by DOT to reduce service with EAS for BTM Airport

WYS remains seasonal.

EKO is still trying regain flights back with SkyWest after losing flights with COVID.

CNY is EAS so...no changes. They can certainly grow if they choose to do so, but will not get more money.

Alex

MIflyer12

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 pm

mesasurf wrote:

EAS isn't a market-based program that provides service based on your judgement of what's more important. Study up on the law (and subsequent amendments) and history.

WA707atMSP

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:18 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
mesasurf wrote:

EAS isn't a market-based program that provides service based on your judgement of what's more important. Study up on the law (and subsequent amendments) and history.

Also, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is every bit as remote as airports out west are, and needs EAS service just as much. People who view Michigan as "flyover country" don't realize how big the state is. The distance from IWD to DTW is longer than the distance from DTW to DCA is. Air service to IWD, IMT, and other cities in "the UP" is every bit as important as air service to EKO and CNY is.

enterusername

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:39 pm

WA707atMSP wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
mesasurf wrote:

Also, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is every bit as remote as airports out west are, and needs EAS service just as much. People who view Michigan as "flyover country" don't realize how big the state is. The distance from IWD to DTW is longer than the distance from DTW to DCA is. Air service to IWD, IMT, and other cities in "the UP" is every bit as important as air service to EKO and CNY is.

Yeah you just lost your argument. It's not about tying a town to its state's main city (IWD to DTW) example that is absolutely a long drive. Ironwood is less than 4 hours from MSP and much closer to other alternatives with jet service. IMT is just 1:30 from Green Bay, 2 hours from Appleton and 3 1/2 from MKE.

atrude777

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:14 pm

All-

With tomorrow becoming October and we will now be seeing the first of many switch overs from SkyWest to other regional I figured I would add the city and transition date IF approved by DOT and they are changing from SkyWest.

Alamaosa-
***June 8th (Denver Air Connection)

Paducah, Kentucky-
***December 6th (Contour Airlines)

Muskegon, Michigan-
***October 1st (Southern Airways Express)

Cape Girardeau, Missouri-
***October 18th (Contour Airlines)

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri-

Lewisburg, West Virginia-
***Nov 1 (Contour Airlines)

Shenandoah Valley/Staunton, Virginia-

Clarksburg, West Virginia-
***December 1st (Contour Airlines)

Kearney, Nebraska-
***November 1st (Denver Air Connection)

Eau Claire, Wisconsin-
***December 1st (Sun Country)

While not part of the 29 Cities...

Altoona, Pennsylvania-
***October 4th (Contour Airlines)

The rest of the cities are keeping SkyWest or awaiting SkyWest Charters Inc to be approved by FAA.

Hope you guys enjoy the updated list!

Alex

MO11

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm

enterusername wrote:
WA707atMSP wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Yeah you just lost your argument. It's not about tying a town to its state's main city (IWD to DTW) example that is absolutely a long drive. Ironwood is less than 4 hours from MSP and much closer to other alternatives with jet service. IMT is just 1:30 from Green Bay, 2 hours from Appleton and 3 1/2 from MKE.

But the EAS answer is that IWD is 213 miles to the nearest large or medium hub (MSP). The simple fact that the next adjacent airport has jet service is irrelevant.

piedmontf284000

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:44 pm

atrude777 wrote:
All-

With tomorrow becoming October and we will now be seeing the first of many switch overs from SkyWest to other regional I figured I would add the city and transition date IF approved by DOT and they are changing from SkyWest.

Alamaosa-
***June 8th (Denver Air Connection)

Paducah, Kentucky-
***December 6th (Contour Airlines)

Muskegon, Michigan-
***October 1st (Southern Airways Express)

Cape Girardeau, Missouri-

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri-

Lewisburg, West Virginia-

Shenandoah Valley/Staunton, Virginia-

Clarksburg, West Virginia-
***December 1st (Contour Airlines)

Kearney, Nebraska-
***November 1st (Denver Air Connection)

Eau Claire, Wisconsin-
***December 1st (Sun Country)

While not part of the 29 Cities...

Altoona, Pennsylvania-
***October 4th (Contour Airlines)

The rest of the cities are keeping SkyWest or awaiting SkyWest Charters Inc to be approved by FAA.

Hope you guys enjoy the updated list!

Alex

Thanks Alex for the updates. I feel like Contour is in way over their heads and some of these communities will be looking for a new air carrier in just a few years. Just not enough pilots right now.

knope2001

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:15 pm

MO11 wrote:
enterusername wrote:
WA707atMSP wrote:

But the EAS answer is that IWD is 213 miles to the nearest large or medium hub (MSP). The simple fact that the next adjacent airport has jet service is irrelevant.

If a regional airport loses service very few of their former customers will drive an hour or two to another small airport for infrequent regional jet connecting flights at crushing fares. They drive right past to a big airport for frequent, lower-cost nonstop flights.

BangersAndMash

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:32 pm

The contract is out for Augusta and Rockland.

No surprise whatsoever. It's Cape Air for another 4 years. Service will be to Boston as before.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-1997-2784-0219

BangersAndMash

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:47 pm

Bradford out as well.

Again, no change. Southern Airways Express for a 4-year contract. Flights to PIT and IAD as before.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2003-14528-0199

BangersAndMash

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 pm

piedmontf284000 wrote:
Thanks Alex for the updates. I feel like Contour is in way over their heads and some of these communities will be looking for a new air carrier in just a few years. Just not enough pilots right now.

Contour is a public charter operator. They're not the ones with the pilot problem right now. In fact they've just taken an additional 10 aircraft. Why do you think OO is trying to copy their business model? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

jcwr56

Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:30 am

For Southern taking over Muskegon to ORD, United will voluntarily accommodate them at gate F4 (terminal 2) for aircraft parking, but check-in and baggage will be done at the Common Use Counters at the end of Terminal 3 next to Cape.

FlyingElvii

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:29 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
For Southern taking over Muskegon to ORD, United will voluntarily accommodate them at gate F4 (terminal 2) for aircraft parking, but check-in and baggage will be done at the Common Use Counters at the end of Terminal 3 next to Cape.

UGE doing the ground service below the wing?

atrude777

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

At ORD, UGE does not Ground Handle CS or Ramp at ORD. They only do Bag Drop, and Wheelchair Services at ORD.

Alex

jcwr56

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:31 am

atrude777 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

At ORD, UGE does not Ground Handle CS or Ramp at ORD. They only do Bag Drop, and Wheelchair Services at ORD.

Alex

Southern will do their own handling.

Chuska

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:28 pm

MO11 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

Alex

Because...Hot Springs was served by Frontier and Texas International on D-Day and it is 189 miles from the nearest medium or large hub airport (MEM). It would fall out of the program if enplanements fall below 10/day or the subsidy exceeds $200/passenger. For the first six months of 2022, it averages 12.9 pax/day.

Southern's Caravans from HOT to DFW take 1 hour 45 minutes and arrive at the north remote terminal which passengers must then take a shuttle to the main terminals. Seems like it would be faster to drive to LIT then take a jet to DFW (1 hour 25 minutes) and arrive at a main terminal.

Glad HOT is still averaging 12.9 per day. They were also served by Delta up thru the 1960's and even had DC-9's for awhile. TI ran DC-9's in the 70's too.

theAviationGeek

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:57 pm

Have there been any updates regarding Scottsbluff? Is there a link to the docket to easily track its progress?

Thanks,
Ryan

MO11

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:52 pm

theAviationGeek wrote:
Have there been any updates regarding Scottsbluff? Is there a link to the docket to easily track its progress?

Thanks,
Ryan

Skywest's obligation will be extended until a new carrier is selected.

WaywardMemphian

Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:46 pm

SUX will be revisited on this list soon as there's no way way SkyWest will continue past 2023 with moving all of IBP corporate from Dakota Dunes to Springdale (XNA).

https://talkbusiness.net/2022/10/tyson- ... e-in-2023/

Burleson said there are roughly 2,000 corporate employees in the Springdale home office, and the company has 500 in Dakota Dunes and 500 in Chicago, which will bring the local corporate employment to 3,000 next year when all the relocations are completed. Tyson said employees who decide to relocate will get financial assistance to make the move, and those who do not will be offered severance pay based on years of service.

drdisque

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:38 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
SUX will be revisited on this list soon as there's no way way SkyWest will continue past 2023 with moving all of IBP corporate from Dakota Dunes to Springdale (XNA).

https://talkbusiness.net/2022/10/tyson- ... e-in-2023/

Burleson said there are roughly 2,000 corporate employees in the Springdale home office, and the company has 500 in Dakota Dunes and 500 in Chicago, which will bring the local corporate employment to 3,000 next year when all the relocations are completed. Tyson said employees who decide to relocate will get financial assistance to make the move, and those who do not will be offered severance pay based on years of service.

I don't think moving 500 people will cause an appreciable change in air service demand in the region compared the the giant sucking sound of passengers going to OMA just 90 minutes down the road with ULCC and WN and legacy mainline service.

atrude777

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:50 pm

theAviationGeek wrote:

Thanks,
Ryan

DOT just updated this...

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -5173-0142

By this Order, the U.S. Department of Transportation (the Department) is (1) rejecting the
proposals submitted in response to the order requesting proposals (Order 2022-3-8) to provide
replacement Essential Air Service (EAS) at North Platte and Scottsbluff, Nebraska; and (2)
requesting proposals from air carriers interested in providing Essential Air Service (EAS) for a
new contract term at North Platte and/or Scottsbluff, Nebraska, beginning on or before
February 1, 2023, with or without subsidy. The term of the new contract should begin as soon as
possible, given the termination notice that the community received in March 2022. Air carriers
should file proposals no later than November 3, 2022.

Alex

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos