Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

smi0006

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2022

Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:15 pm

ben175 wrote:
AdvancedBikkie wrote:
EK413 wrote:
I doubt MEL-PER-LHR would make much of a difference but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but didn't PER-LHR go around to South Africa, then follow a similar route to any Southern Africa - London route?

Absolutely not. A route like that would probably take the flight to 25 hours and include a fuel stop in the Central African Republic!

PER-LHR usually met the Indian coast line before crossing Iran and Turkey before reaching Europe.

And yes, QF9 is currently taking taking a significant payload hit with the adjusted routing. I believe pax are being accommodated on EK and QR.

I also believe QF are world leaders in using data, weather and tech to plan their flight plan down to a T! Avoiding Russia will be far from their ideal, and especially critical on such routes as PER/DRW-LHR.

Whatsaptudo

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:09 pm

FYI: Rumours are PER-LHR could resume in as little as the next 2 weeks, however construction in the security and immigration areas of terminal 3 must be finished first.

DRW-LHR is around 8100nm with the new southern routing, great circle PER-LHR is 7800nm.

smi0006

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:27 pm

Whatsaptudo wrote:
FYI: Rumours are PER-LHR could resume in as little as the next 2 weeks, however construction in the security and immigration areas of terminal 3 must be finished first.

DRW-LHR is around 8100nm with the new southern routing, great circle PER-LHR is 7800nm.

What’s the construction? Are they expanding the international facility? Hopefully for some more expansion, although oil prices may kill off some of these ULR routes ex-PER.

Whatsaptudo

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:30 pm

smi0006 wrote:
Whatsaptudo wrote:

What’s the construction? Are they expanding the international facility? Hopefully for some more expansion, although oil prices may kill off some of these ULR routes ex-PER.

It just internal construction. Redesign of the old immigration and security areas to incorporate the new body scanners. Doesn’t look like there will be any expansion except that it looks like it will incorporate the old domestic security area downstairs.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:00 am

From 13 April Qantas will operate daily flights to AKL from SYD, MEL and BNE, SYD-CHC will also be daily, mix of 737/A330

JQ to operate 3 weekly OOL-AKL

All flights in May across QF and JQ to be point planes

WLG and ZQN to be added in May/June

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... d-flights/

tristans

Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:01 am

qf789 wrote:
From 13 April Qantas will operate daily flights to AKL from SYD, MEL and BNE, SYD-CHC will also be daily, mix of 737/A330

Will they bring the two A332s EBB & EBD out of storage now?

jrfspa320

Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:30 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:

Also heard a rumour that there are issues with the runway (pavement loading restriction) at DRW causing payload limitations (in addition to the longer route issue)?

RyanairGuru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:37 am

Whatsaptudo wrote:

The great circle distance from PER-LHR isn’t very meaningful when it overflies Iran, while the actual routing flown would be the same as DRW-LHR which is usually over Iraq or occasionally Saudi, Egypt. The real world difference is only about 100nm, which is why I’m slightly skeptical that DRW has burdensome restrictions while PER won’t.

a320fan

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:22 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Whatsaptudo wrote:

The great circle distance from PER-LHR isn’t very meaningful when it overflies Iran, while the actual routing flown would be the same as DRW-LHR which is usually over Iraq or occasionally Saudi, Egypt. The real world difference is only about 100nm, which is why I’m slightly skeptical that DRW has burdensome restrictions while PER won’t.

Why would Iranian airspace be off limits for QF? Lots of airlines are currently using Iranian airspace, including all the ME3, TK, LOT and Aerologic.

evanb

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:38 am

EK413 wrote:
evanb wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Heard the re-routing of the LHR flights (due to Russia/Ukrainian war) is taking a big hit on the payload too.

We could see a return to MEL-PER-LHR pretty soon.

I doubt MEL-PER-LHR would make much of a difference but I could be wrong.

Indeed, it does. At least on the GC route (PER-LHR) is naturally following the path than many airline avoiding Ukraine are taking across the Black Sea without a diversion.

jrfspa320

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 am

As mentioned the pavement loading issue is the cause of restrictions rather than the extra few hundred miles

zkncj

Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 am

qf789 wrote:

Hopefully we will see VA make an move next.

Looks like the QF OOL-AKL service has been short lived?

RyanairGuru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:15 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
As mentioned the pavement loading issue is the cause of restrictions rather than the extra few hundred miles

Interesting, thanks for that. Out of interest, what are the payment loading issues with Darwin?

RyanairGuru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:16 am

a320fan wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
Whatsaptudo wrote:

Why would Iranian airspace be off limits for QF? Lots of airlines are currently using Iranian airspace, including all the ME3, TK, LOT and Aerologic.

Not sure, it was just an observation that Qantas are currently avoiding Iranian airspace. It would be more direct from DRW as well.

jrfspa320

Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

Interesting, thanks for that. Out of interest, what are the payment loading issues with Darwin?

Darwin has a low subgrade strength runway rating requiring a lower taxi weight than that which can be undertaken at PER (High Subgrade strength) which is having a payload hit.

sand26391

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:48 pm

I heard a rumour today about a possible new Qantas flight being added to India. Possibly BOM/BLR in three next few months. Most likely false, but just wanted to put it out there (just incase).

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:52 am

Air Canada to resume BNE flights from 1 July, 4 weekly 789

YVR—SYD will increase to daily from 1 May

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... -vancouver

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:

Darwin has a low subgrade strength runway rating requiring a lower taxi weight than that which can be undertaken at PER (High Subgrade strength) which is having a payload hit.

Thanks, I never knew that. The more you learn!

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:37 am

qf789 wrote:
Air Canada to resume BNE flights from 1 July, 4 weekly 789

YVR—SYD will increase to daily from 1 May

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... -vancouver

Interesting that they will be using the larger 789. Before Covid BNE was always operated by a 788, albeit daily.

SCFlyer

Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:58 am

If I do recall a few years ago the BNE launch period on AC was initially on 789s before downgauging and settling on Daily 788s (The 789 went to MEL).

NZ801

Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:14 am

zkncj wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Hopefully we will see VA make an move next.

Looks like the QF OOL-AKL service has been short lived?

I’m not expecting VA in NZ anytime soon with the possible exception of ZQN.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:53 am

SCFlyer wrote:
If I do recall a few years ago the BNE launch period on AC was initially on 789s before downgauging and settling on Daily 788s (The 789 went to MEL).

No, it was always 788 since the route first launched. It’s down the bottom of this article from 2016, but it was definitely scheduled that way from the beginning:

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.p ... tem=137631

There have been a couple of one-off subs by 789s, but never regularly scheduled.

It’s worth noting that AC 788s have more total seats than Qantas’ 789s, despite still having J/W/Y, as the premium cabins are smaller.

eta unknown

Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:35 am

No the AC 789 was scheduled soon after BNE launched with the 788, but it didn't last long and flights reverted to the 788 within a year.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:31 am

eta unknown wrote:
No the AC 789 was scheduled soon after BNE launched with the 788, but it didn't last long and flights reverted to the 788 within a year.

Apologies to SCFlyer then! I don’t remember that, but very happy to be corrected.

IndianicWorld

Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:53 am

Will be interesting to see in AC do come back to MEL, as they had been looking to make YVR-MEL a seasonal service.

The longer sector likely makes things a bit harder to make it stack up, but will be interesting to see their next move.

leftcoast8

Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:23 pm

tullamarine wrote:
myki wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/pia-pakistan-flights-lahore-sydney-australia

PIA is SYD bound - interesting once weekly, with aircraft overnighting... be interesting to see how they last.

It will be interesting to see if SQ take a hit on numbers with this, and to a lesser extent MH, TG and the Middle Eastern airlines. With one flight a week, I expect not too much, but if it takes off (pun intended), who knows! I don't know how big the market is either. Just rambling here ...

I don't think SQ has serviced Pakistan for many years. They ceased services there a number of years ago following concerns about providing safe locations for overnighting crew in country. ME3 didn't have to worry about this as they could turnaround and operate the return service with the same crews.

Additional context...

SQ first started flying to Pakistan in 1985, SQ417/418 SIN-KHI twice-weekly using the 747-300. Taken from the History of PIA forums. Image

Then a 5th freedom tag-on was added to DHA (now DMM), and the 743 was replaced by an A300. Later this became an A310-300 to DXB, then a 747-300/A310 split (with the A310 only operating the KHI-DXB segment), then back to the 747-300. Sometime in the 90s it became a SIN-KHI terminator with the A340-300, and a third weekly frequency was added.

In 1999, the flight became a four-weekly SIN-KHI-LHE-SIN triangle route (SQ418) In late 2000, the A340-300 was briefly replaced with an A310 again due to construction work at LHE's runway. The 777-200ER briefly operated the route in early 2001.

The route was suspended after 9/11, specifically on 28th Sept 2001 (date taken from SQ's 2001-02 annual report). It remained suspended during the invasion of Afghanistan and the India-Pakistan nuclear standoff, then was restarted as a three-weekly 772 service on 2nd Feb 2002, but lasted all of three months.

On Wednesday 8th May 2002, a suicide bombing hit the Sheraton Karachi, which was the SQ crew hotel. Although no SQ crew were injured, 2 Pakistani civilians and 11 French military advisors were killed (they were in Karachi to help design an Agosta-class submarine for the Pakistani navy). In addition, the blast was close to the Pearl-Continental Hotel, where NZ cricketers were staying during their tour of Pakistan. The Black Caps' physiotherapist Dayle Shackel got a small cut on his forearm from flying glass. Needless to say, SQ pulled out of Pakistan, the Black Caps abandoned their tour, while the Aussies' planned tour was moved (1st Test in Colombo, 2nd/3rd Tests in Sharjah, as mentioned before).

It would be four years until SQ returned to Pakistan, another three-weekly SIN-KHI-LHE-SIN triangle route with the 772, but now renumbered SQ460, from 1st Feb 2006. Surprisingly, SQ kept flying the route even after the Islamabad Marriott hotel bombing in 2008, but reduced frequency to twice-weekly. It would be the GFC and increase in sectarian violence in Karachi in 2009-10 (the reason CA cancelled its second crack at a tour on Pakistani soil in seven years) that finally ended the route for good on 17th Feb 2010. SQ hasn't been back to Pakistan since, despite the large Pakistani community in Singapore. MH left in 2012, while Cathay left in 2014 after the KHI attack, so the only Asian connections to Pakistan to this day are via TG, UL, Air China or backtracking on the ME3, probably because they're close enough that they don't need to overnight in ISB/KHI.

I don't believe SQ ever flew to Islamabad.

tullamarine

Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:44 am

Qantas has managed to change its SYD terminal transfer so badly that calling it a mess is flattering.

At the start of the pandemic, all the bus drivers employed by QF were retrenched and replaced by contract bus drivers. The issue is the QF drivers had airside licenses so were able to do the transfer on the internal roads between the terminals. The contract drivers do not so have to use public roads outside the airport. How bad this trip is during a morning peak hour beggars imagination.

To make matters worse, QF has decided that transferring pax will no longer congregate and check-in luggage in the transfer room near the freight terminal. Instead they queue on the footpath leading to this room and are handled by a single person who checks boarding passes, handles changes etc and then instructs pax to leave their luggage on a crowded luggage belt near the door.

Yesterday, despite their only being very few flights, the transfer queue stretched over 100 metres and many people were missing their domestic connection as they stood in the queue for over 20 minutes, then waited for the bus to depart on its slower circuitous route to T3 where you joined the security queue with everyone else rather than the direct entry used previously.

I understand QF has lost money over the pandemic and, as a shareholder, I want to see it succeed but this type of penny-pinching risks alienating passengers. I can only imagine what foreign arrivals into Australia must think of the shambles they are confronted with if they need to transfer.

Hopefully, QF revises how this whole process works sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if time is tight, you may be better jumping on the train even though it is pretty ordinary too.

smi0006

Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:02 am

tullamarine wrote:
Qantas has managed to change its SYD terminal transfer so badly that calling it a mess is flattering.

At the start of the pandemic, all the bus drivers employed by QF were retrenched and replaced by contract bus drivers. The issue is the QF drivers had airside licenses so were able to do the transfer on the internal roads between the terminals. The contract drivers do not so have to use public roads outside the airport. How bad this trip is during a morning peak hour beggars imagination.

To make matters worse, QF has decided that transferring pax will no longer congregate and check-in luggage in the transfer room near the freight terminal. Instead they queue on the footpath leading to this room and are handled by a single person who checks boarding passes, handles changes etc and then instructs pax to leave their luggage on a crowded luggage belt near the door.

Yesterday, despite their only being very few flights, the transfer queue stretched over 100 metres and many people were missing their domestic connection as they stood in the queue for over 20 minutes, then waited for the bus to depart on its slower circuitous route to T3 where you joined the security queue with everyone else rather than the direct entry used previously.

I understand QF has lost money over the pandemic and, as a shareholder, I want to see it succeed but this type of penny-pinching risks alienating passengers. I can only imagine what foreign arrivals into Australia must think of the shambles they are confronted with if they need to transfer.

Hopefully, QF revises how this whole process works sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if time is tight, you may be better jumping on the train even though it is pretty ordinary too.

I actually believe it’s a bit more complex than that. The transfers/interline Checkin hall had its lease ended and was taken over by NSW health during the pandemic, the space became air border staff testing facility and then a staff vaccine clinic before becoming a public vaccine clinic. Was very creepy going in to an empty Checkin hall for daily nasal swab, really rammed home the pandemic for me! Not sure it’s current status, but I’d image QF may no longer hold the lease on this space, and knowing SYD airport despite the loss of traffic they probs increased the rent - had heard they tried to increase it by 10% instance as mascot commercial property has gone up by the same amount despite the airport being a unique market!!

Plenty of companies have airside drivers licence - Swissport QF domestic ground handlers owns CarBridge which is the airside Bussing provider in SYD maybe BNE too? So it would be simple to expand the contract. No there is more at play here I’m afraid.

EK413

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:21 am

The transit bus contract was awarded to Telfords Bus and Coach services which as far as I know don’t have any airside knowledge or experience.

Definitely a review of this process is needed as there would be a lot of angry passengers missing their connecting flights and with the ramp up of flying I’d say the experience would only get worse before it gets better.

melpax

Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:08 am

A look at the Telfords web site shows that they're owned by Kinetic, who also own SkyBus, which has seemed to be a well-run operation whenever I've used it. If they're having issues in SYD, you'd think they'd send a SkyBus manager up from MEL to sort things out.

Kinetic have also just taken over a good chunk of the Melbourne public bus system, so maybe they've bitten more than they can chew ATM....

SCFlyer

Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:30 am

Kinetic also took over Transit Australia Group's Bus Operations (Surfside and Sunbus) in Regional Queensland. They also recently took over Greyhound Resources from Greyhound Australia.

jrfspa320

Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 am

smi0006 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

I actually believe it’s a bit more complex than that. The transfers/interline Checkin hall had its lease ended and was taken over by NSW health during the pandemic, the space became air border staff testing facility and then a staff vaccine clinic before becoming a public vaccine clinic. Was very creepy going in to an empty Checkin hall for daily nasal swab, really rammed home the pandemic for me! Not sure it’s current status, but I’d image QF may no longer hold the lease on this space, and knowing SYD airport despite the loss of traffic they probs increased the rent - had heard they tried to increase it by 10% instance as mascot commercial property has gone up by the same amount despite the airport being a unique market!!

Plenty of companies have airside drivers licence - Swissport QF domestic ground handlers owns CarBridge which is the airside Bussing provider in SYD maybe BNE too? So it would be simple to expand the contract. No there is more at play here I’m afraid.

Thats a shame if QF will no longer have airside transit. The transfers check in at T1 was always super easy i thought and the staff were great at accommodating if you arrived early / late. Another "Enhancement".

Kent350787

Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:54 pm

jrfspa320 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

Thats a shame if QF will no longer have airside transit. The transfers check in at T1 was always super easy i thought and the staff were great at accommodating if you arrived early / late. Another "Enhancement".

Factoring in the Sydney Gateway roadworks on Airport Drive for the next couple of years and this has the potential to be a significant screw-up for tranferring passngers as tourism picks up. Hopefully Sydney Terains can sort its industril issues out so trains can once again become a more certain options for terminal transfers.

A350OZ

Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:19 am

Kent350787 wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

Factoring in the Sydney Gateway roadworks on Airport Drive for the next couple of years and this has the potential to be a significant screw-up for tranferring passngers as tourism picks up. Hopefully Sydney Terains can sort its industril issues out so trains can once again become a more certain options for terminal transfers.

Dom/intl (and vv) transfers at SYD have never been ideal, but at least the QF airside solution made it reliable when you had a decent 90+ min layover. Have done this maybe 4 or 5 times in the 2 years before the pandemic and it was okay. Did the VA transfer once leaving from the bus gates below the end of their domestic pier and then going around the land-side roads as the normal T-bus: what a crappy solution…

Anyhow, I hope they sort this out because I’d rather consider any other non-stop option or transferring in AKL or SIN or elsewhere, than relying on this and giving QF my money.

Kent350787

Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 am

Apologies for my poor typing. Hopefully people can work out I was referring to Sydney trains' current industrial woes, combined with weather and Covid.

Obzerva

Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 am

In case anyone missed it, today marked the start of Link doing VA's SYD-CBR flights after a few delayed start dates.

smi0006

Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:47 am

Obzerva wrote:
In case anyone missed it, today marked the start of Link doing VA's SYD-CBR flights after a few delayed start dates.

Interesting indeed, well whilst I'm still unconvinced if this is the right way forward in this market for VA - I'm sure the wetlease/contracting relationship with Link must be providing some nice revenue for Link, good win for them.

Is ZL back on the route?

AdvancedBikkie

Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:46 am

smi0006 wrote:
Is ZL back on the route?

Yep, yes they are. Looks like they're 4x daily with Saab 340Bs.

anstar

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:51 am

I transited SYD going international in January and it was still an airside bus between DOM>INT.

LoganTheBogan

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:53 am

Just seven days (28mar) until QF launches WGA-BNE flights on the Dash 8 400 for the first time. It will also be the first time in nearly five years that a carrier has operated this route after JetGo ceased operations.

Additionally QF will also be resuming WGA-MEL flights on the Dash 8 300 models after stopping the service many months ago due to COVID.

FL420FT

Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:09 am

Starting 27 March, Qantas is resuming the QF19 and QF20 SYD MNL SYD. This will be initially five days a week, ramping up to a daily service using their A330 eqp.

Also, starting 27 March, Qantas is resuming QF71 and QF71 PER SIN PER. This appears to be 4 days a week initially and will also ramp up to be daily A330 service. This date also sees QF11 and 12 retimed to the mroe traditional mid morning (10:15am) depature, along with more A380 flying and the reintroduction of first class airfares on this flight.

Commencing 28 March Qantas is resuming QF 51 and QF BNE SIN BNE. Five days a week using A330 eqp.

Finally, on 01April, will see BNE LAX recommencing 5 days a week. New flight numbers of QF55 out and QF56 back. This will see Qantas operating the A330-200 on the 13hr 30min forward and 14hr 20min return flights. It will be interesting to see what the crew rest config will be for the equipment operating these flights

qf2048

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:25 pm

I did the SYD INT to DOM in early Jan and it was a mess. Should have had plenty of time between International and domestic and almost missed our Dom flight. Came off FJ on a Sunday, which was half hour late to start with. They were hopelessly slow getting the bags off. waited for over an hour for the bags to come out. Heard customs staff say they never put too many baggage handlers on a Sunday because it costs to much in penalty rates. Don't know how much truth was in that though. Then raced to the domestic transfer to find it all closed up. A bus was there to take us to T3 via the normal road. Only made our dom flight because it was delayed.
I was at the airport yesterday so went and checked out gate 15. There are signs there for transfers ever half an hour so wonder if they are only doing one way airside transfers? We used the airport link to get to INT on our out bound trip as we came off unscreened QFLink. Just as quick and easy to pay $4 than go back though security and wait for a bus.

smi0006

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:33 pm

FL420FT wrote:
Starting 27 March, Qantas is resuming the QF19 and QF20 SYD MNL SYD. This will be initially five days a week, ramping up to a daily service using their A330 eqp.

Also, starting 27 March, Qantas is resuming QF71 and QF71 PER SIN PER. This appears to be 4 days a week initially and will also ramp up to be daily A330 service. This date also sees QF11 and 12 retimed to the mroe traditional mid morning (10:15am) depature, along with more A380 flying and the reintroduction of first class airfares on this flight.

Commencing 28 March Qantas is resuming QF 51 and QF BNE SIN BNE. Five days a week using A330 eqp.

Finally, on 01April, will see BNE LAX recommencing 5 days a week. New flight numbers of QF55 out and QF56 back. This will see Qantas operating the A330-200 on the 13hr 30min forward and 14hr 20min return flights. It will be interesting to see what the crew rest config will be for the equipment operating these flights

Was SIN part of the deal with PAPL to use T3/T4? If not does this mean prior restrictions have been removed? I assume FCO will operate 3/4 ?

qf2048

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:33 pm

LoganTheBogan wrote:
Just seven days (28mar) until QF launches WGA-BNE flights on the Dash 8 400 for the first time. It will also be the first time in nearly five years that a carrier has operated this route after JetGo ceased operations.

Additionally QF will also be resuming WGA-MEL flights on the Dash 8 300 models after stopping the service many months ago due to COVID.

Loving the "outside of the box" thinking from QF since COVID. Was on QF OAG-SYD- OAG on the weekend. Pretty healthy numbers going both ways, and charging way more than ZL but still able to sell seats. Flight yesterday was showing as sold out but there was a couple of spare seats on there.

SCFlyer

Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Bonza announces Tamworth to MEL and MCY as a late addition to the Bonza route map. Twice-weekly from both bases.

MEL has a good chance of working, but for MCY there are some questions whether that may work, IMO, despite MCY also having the North Brisbane (Moreton Bay) catchment alongside the Noosa and Gympie areas.

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article ... -tamworth/

smi0006

Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:50 am

SCFlyer wrote:
Bonza announces Tamworth to MEL and MCY as a late addition to the Bonza route map. Twice-weekly from both bases.

MEL has a good chance of working, but for MCY there are some questions whether that may work, IMO, despite MCY also having the North Brisbane (Moreton Bay) catchment alongside the Noosa and Gympie areas.

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article ... -tamworth/

Very unexpected - MEL could be an interesting hit, especially around the music festival... MCY seems like a good way to rotate the aircraft in and out. Give them big points for being bold, will be great to see their Maxes in some of these ports. Has Tamworth ever had a regular 737 service?

I'm hopefully between population shifts, and increased flying from Bonza, QF and ZL we see greater regional connectivity, growth, and increasingly new and interesting routes!

melpax

Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:02 am

Looks like construction of Western Sydney airport is moving along nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTB8klqVuHc

RyanairGuru

Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:23 am

smi0006 wrote:
FL420FT wrote:

Was SIN part of the deal with PAPL to use T3/T4? If not does this mean prior restrictions have been removed? I assume FCO will operate 3/4 ?

PER-SIN was operated from T3 pre-Covid. The talk around the time JNB plans were shelved was that PAPL had agreed to SIN/AKL/LHR/CDG/FRA. Obviously I’ve never seen the contract, but I suspect it is SIN+AKL+Europe, and that CDG/FRA were media speculation rather than carved in stone, so FCO therefore complies.

CraigAnderson

Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:39 am

Qatar Airways A380 returns to Sydney on June 1, making it only the third QR A380 destination since London and Paris. QR must have brought back more A380s, I think they initially had only enough to do those short legs from Doha.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... 380-sydney

jrfspa320

Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:43 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
FL420FT wrote:

PER-SIN was operated from T3 pre-Covid. The talk around the time JNB plans were shelved was that PAPL had agreed to SIN/AKL/LHR/CDG/FRA. Obviously I’ve never seen the contract, but I suspect it is SIN+AKL+Europe, and that CDG/FRA were media speculation rather than carved in stone, so FCO therefore complies.

I wonder if PAPL/QF have indeed come to an agreement regarding T3 as QF have only just recently confirmed permanent closure of the their T1 lounge suggesting they wont be returning there

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos