Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

Mike Tyson Punches Passenger on JetBlue Flight

Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:58 pm

Tip: When Iron Mike says he wants to be left alone, just leave him alone!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/21/mike-tys ... ifications

Kno

Re: Mike Tyson Punches Passenger on JetBlue Flight

Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:33 pm

I’m surprised in 2022 this video is in flip phone quality - filmed by someone with the shakes no less.

slvrblt

Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:45 pm

Too bad Tyson didn't rough up that young fool more. Probably wanted to get punched out for ''likes.'' Heard more details on CBS sports radio this morning.......Tyson had been nice and patient with the guy, even taking pics but the nincompoop continued to antagonize and provoke Tyson. Considering what Tyson probably COULD do, this moron got off easy.

Breathe

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:39 pm

Antagonising Mike Tyson is like jumping into a bull ring wearing red clothes!

I don't advocate violence against a person, but the clown would have got a slap from me if he was acting like that in my face.

nine4nine

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Kno wrote:
I’m surprised in 2022 this video is in flip phone quality - filmed by someone with the shakes no less.

Passengershaming instagram has a better video from across the aisle.

Obviously the “victim” was drunk, unruly, obnoxious, and harassing Tyson. He’s lucky he wasn’t removed from the plane on a stretcher. Don’t mess with Mike!

ikolkyo

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:44 pm

That passenger is not a smart man.

DBCoop3r

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:47 pm

I can feel it, coooooming in the air toniiight!

DualQual

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:51 pm

That’s the SPIRIT!

I’ll show myself out now.

SuseJ772

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

DBCoop3r wrote:

Ahhhh yes!

LX015

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:18 pm

DBCoop3r wrote:

https://youtu.be/3f6OZlCVJx0?t=64

TWA302

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:21 pm

Were they playing "In the air tonight" over the plane's entertainment system?

maps4ltd

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:24 pm

I'm surprised that Mike wasn't in a calmer state of mind on 4/20.

IrishAyes

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:32 pm

DBCoop3r wrote:

Brilliant response. Bravo!

Also, anyone pick up on the shrooms comment in the video? I cannot imagine psychedelics would be enjoyable at 35K for a red-eye flight of 5+ hours, even in MINT.

santi319

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:46 pm

DualQual wrote:
That’s the SPIRIT!

jetBlue*

JannEejit

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:55 pm

What did the kid say...? "OMG it's Will Smith !!!"

Revo1059

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:02 pm

santi319 wrote:
DualQual wrote:
That’s the SPIRIT!

jetBlue*

Spirit would have charged everyone an added fee for "entertainment".

stl07

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:03 pm

Revo1059 wrote:
santi319 wrote:
DualQual wrote:
That’s the SPIRIT!

jetBlue*

Spirit would have charged everyone an added fee for "entertainment".

I think you guys are missing the merger joke

Bricktop

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:09 pm

Everyone has a plan (to get chatty) until they get punched in the face.

Dutchy

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:11 pm

slvrblt wrote:
Too bad Tyson didn't rough up that young fool more. Probably wanted to get punched out for ''likes.'' Heard more details on CBS sports radio this morning.......Tyson had been nice and patient with the guy, even taking pics but the nincompoop continued to antagonize and provoke Tyson. Considering what Tyson probably COULD do, this moron got off easy.

yeah, violence is the answer :roll: Tyson was wrong if it was not self-defense.

WayexTDI

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:14 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

We're told the man who was punched received medical attention and then went to the police over the incident.

I honestly hope Mike Tyson won't be charged for battery: the dude did provoke him over and over.

WayexTDI

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:
slvrblt wrote:

What do you do when the guy won't stop bothering you, even after you repeatedly asked?

ozark1

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 pm

What the heck is going on? Do all the intoxicated, or drugged needy people fly on JetBlue?. I think it's about time for another F/A to open the forward galley door, inflate the slide and jump. I can't remember when that happened the first time. Then that pilot had a meltdown. I am not making light of either of these incidents. I am hopeful that the company found them a psychologist.
These passenger incidents are WAY up and I feel very sorry for any airline that flies between New York and Florida. It's so interesting that the mask requirement is lifted,, yet now the next strain of the virus is taking hold. Whoops sorry to get off topic. Hang in there JetBlue!

AWACSooner

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:20 pm

This guy trying to channel his inner Little Mac?

foxecho

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Tyson was one of my customers one day, I was scared shitless to tell him about the gate change way down the hall! He was nice to me I'm in his corner on this one.

Andrew
Retired Airline

kiowa

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:25 pm

the guy is lucky he did not get bit. seriously though, you take your issue to the crew, you don't beat on obnoxious people.

smokeybandit

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:29 pm

A couple scratches does not equal getting beat up, ESPECIALLY if it's Mike Tyson doing the beating

planecane

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:48 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
I'm surprised that Mike wasn't in a calmer state of mind on 4/20.

I think he was. On another day the guy would have been in the hospital!

F9Animal

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Mike is a pretty tolerable dude as he has gotten older. I met him once, and I definitely showed absolute respect. I can't blame him one bit for losing it on that idiot.

Dutchy

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:04 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
slvrblt wrote:

What do you do when the guy won't stop bothering you, even after you repeatedly asked?

Not hitting the guy, certainly not if you know how to hit someone to really hurt him, like a former pro-boxer. Violence is never the answer. Don't know how it works in America, but in the Netherlands, he would have been detained and probably indicted. What he should do? Like any rational person: go the crew, those are the authorities on a plane.

NWAROOSTER

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:14 pm

I am surprised that both of them did not get charged and greeted by the police when they left the airplane..... They should not be doing what they did!!!!!! :old:

Boeing757100

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:19 pm

Suppposedly the other person threw a water bottle so they could be the aggressor.
https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/21/mike-tys ... tle-throw/

A little too much? Don't know. Weird? Indeed.

bigb

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Not hitting the guy, certainly not if you know how to hit someone to really hurt him, like a former pro-boxer. Violence is never the answer. Don't know how it works in America, but in the Netherlands, he would have been detained and probably indicted. What he should do? Like any rational person: go the crew, those are the authorities on a plane.

You are right, violence isn’t the answer, neither continued pestering of someone because they are celebrity is a answer either is especially after being asked. Should have handled it better, however it’s not a surprised he got lit up eithe.

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:25 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

We're told the man who was punched received medical attention and then went to the police over the incident.

I honestly hope Mike Tyson won't be charged for battery: the dude did provoke him over and over.

This is my take. Im sorry, but I dont know that I would have reacted any different. If youre asked to be left alone and it is refused, its ok to react.

Kiwiandrew

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Yes, the guy was an obnoxious idiot, no that does not excuse a passenger taking matters into his own hands ( or fists). Why didn't Tyson simply call the crew and advise them he was being harassed by the other passenger and get them to deal with the issue? I also find it frankly alarming that some posters here are saying they would've also become violent in a similar situation.

Flflyer83

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Kiwiandrew wrote:
Yes, the guy was an obnoxious idiot, no that does not excuse a passenger taking matters into his own hands ( or fists). Why didn't Tyson simply call the crew and advise them he was being harassed by the other passenger and get them to deal with the issue? I also find it frankly alarming that some posters here are saying they would've also become violent in a similar situation.

Crew are tired of getting physically assaulted by asshats like the drunk idiot.

32andBelow

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Kiwiandrew wrote:

Not need to narc handle your own problems

BoeingGuy

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 pm

Kiwiandrew wrote:

I wasn’t there, but maybe Tyson felt threatened by the guy’s irrational behavior.

GlobalAirways

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:40 pm

Poor Mike. This seems like a set-up and how they only captured the actual hitting with a 20 year old phone that has the worst resolution/quality possible. Where was every other person with a phone on this day??? Sadly, I see a lawsuit coming from this.

Seat1F

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Violence is never the answer. Don't know how it works in America, but in the Netherlands, he would have been detained and probably indicted. What he should do? Like any rational person: go the crew, those are the authorities on a plane.

I agree. I have some sympathy for Tyson on this as the other passenger seemed to be an unrelenting pest. Having said that, the thing to do would be to summon the crew to deal with it. That's what I would do if I was on the receiving end of the abuse from the other passenger. Why did JetBlue let the guy on-board to begin with? He is clearly drunk or drugged up.

lightsaber

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:08 pm

Seat1F wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Violence is never the answer. Don't know how it works in America, but in the Netherlands, he would have been detained and probably indicted. What he should do? Like any rational person: go the crew, those are the authorities on a plane.

I agree. I have some sympathy for Tyson on this as the other passenger seemed to be an unrelenting pest. Having said that, the thing to do would be to summon the crew to deal with it. That's what I would do if I was on the receiving end of the abuse from the other passenger. Why did JetBlue let the guy on-board to begin with? He is clearly drunk or drugged up.

No fly list, at least for one airline. For both.

Intoxicated/on drugs is no excuse.

slvrblt

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:27 pm

Mike Tyson isn't an actor, he's not a politician, he's not a TV personality. He's a FIGHTER, that's what he does, he fights people. I'm not a fan of Tyson but you have here a relentless pest that keeps provoking a fighter, be prepared for the fighter to fight back.

N1120A

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:40 pm

My understanding is that Mike is a super nice guy and quite even keeled in his golden years, so this guy almost certainly deserved it.

Another thing - that dude didn't really get punched by Mike Tyson. If he did, he wouldn't have been walking. Mike Tyson hits so hard that you can't really fathom just how it would feel. Mike gave the guy a light face wash because he knows his own strength.

zippy

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Seat1F wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Intoxication is no excuse works both ways. Where was the crew in all of this? Why did they let someone who was too drunk to control themselves on the plane in the first place? Where were the crew (or air cops) as the situation was unfolding? If airlines and airports are going to over serve passengers they need to take responsibility for the consequences.

zeke

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:06 am

WayexTDI wrote:

Does not justify violence

WayexTDI wrote:

Be mature, press the call button and get the crew to sort it out.

cpd

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:23 am

lightsaber wrote:
Seat1F wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Zeke before had the right idea, get the staff on the plane involved.

I have sympathy for Tyson too, but there are ways to sort out this, punch ups are not that.

Spetsnaz55

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:03 am

I once was flying with my brother and his wife years back. Guy sitting a row over at beginning of flight was sober but towards the end could barely talk from the alcohol. Yet that didn't stop him from talking crap to my brother for no reason and hitting on my brothers wife. Flight attendant was called and did nothing.

A few more minutes and he probably would have got smacked to, luckily we disembarked right in time. From my memory he was some aviation accident lawyer or something to.

bennett123

Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:22 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
Kiwiandrew wrote:

I wasn’t there, but maybe Tyson felt threatened by the guy’s irrational behavior.

Tyson thought that the guy was a threat to him and couldn't resolve this by calling the crew?.

Really?.

Noshow

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:03 am

Idiot or not. Passengers should not be violent on board. And I would expect a professional boxer to act and behave even more controlled.

JannEejit

Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:15 am

Tyson is (was) a fighter, not a diplomat. No excuses, yeah maybe, but then again don't poke an angry bear with a stick. Provocation tends to go one of two ways in the end.

frmrCapCadet

Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:04 pm

If you assault someone in the US it is legal to defend yourself, some states carry it to such extremes (stand your ground) I avoid visiting them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos