Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:42 pm

Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,

Welcome to the May edition.



-TK to start IST-SEA flights on May 27th, 4 x Weekly.
-Rumors of TK getting 4 350s that were supposed to be delivered to Aeroflot.

Please continue with your views, news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor.
No politics, No personal attacks. Thanks for keeping these threads civil and informational for all these years.

You can find last month’s thread here: Turkish Aviation April 2022
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:58 pm

TK is starting Tivat, Montenegro on 11th June, 3x weekly 737-800
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:45 pm

TC-JSU has been painted into a special livery for biofuel - I remember it had a special livery for 'The Lego Movie' years ago too. A bit of a strange aircraft choice if you ask me. I thought the A321neo would be a better aircraft for special liveries since they are used more widely and frequently than the A321ceos

Speaking of A321ceos, TC-JTF has returned to service recently too. TC-JSO is the only 32B that has not returned to service since it was parked. TC-JTA and TC-JTD are still parked but they both were reactivated many months ago before being parked again.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5583
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:56 pm

Here is a photo of TCJSU

In addition to the livery, per media, they utilize sustainable products onboard including special cutlery, paper cups, wooden salt and pepper shakers, environmentally-friendly pillow covers and blankets.

Image
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRXawOkWYAA ... ame=medium
 
incitatus
Posts: 3418
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:49 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 1:07 am

Moscow to Antalya on Turkish is up to 9 times per day? Is that the only resort Russians can access?
 
MeCe
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 2:15 am

Hello all,

It seems TK starts again collect all apples they can reach. As many remembered this caused somewhat chaos on 330-200 in the past. Different cabin configurations and seat types can be found in the fleet but different class (W) is unreal for me. Changing layout is not that easy as past days, it needs whole lot IFE/Cabin system reconfiguration aside obtaining new seats. As an example, even seat pitch change is disaster in B787, because connection between seat provided by seat track covers, if you change pitch you need to change those covers. Therefore I don`t see any configuration change at those A350s, will see how they fill W seats.
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 3:00 am

incitatus wrote:
Moscow to Antalya on Turkish is up to 9 times per day? Is that the only resort Russians can access?


I counted 12 the other day :shock: it is not the only one, but by far the popular. There are also some TK flights from Bodrum and Dalaman
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 3:46 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
TC-JSU has been painted into a special livery for biofuel - I remember it had a special livery for 'The Lego Movie' years ago too. A bit of a strange aircraft choice if you ask me. I thought the A321neo would be a better aircraft for special liveries since they are used more widely and frequently than the A321ceos

Speaking of A321ceos, TC-JTF has returned to service recently too. TC-JSO is the only 32B that has not returned to service since it was parked. TC-JTA and TC-JTD are still parked but they both were reactivated many months ago before being parked again.


Anyone know who is manufacturing this biofuel? Is it made locally in Turkey or is it being imported?
 
User avatar
Aeroflot777
Posts: 3222
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 5:43 am

incitatus wrote:
Moscow to Antalya on Turkish is up to 9 times per day? Is that the only resort Russians can access?


Just has to do with popularity. Has been so for 20+ years now.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 26242
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sun May 01, 2022 8:15 pm

Blerg wrote:

Anyone know who is manufacturing this biofuel? Is it made locally in Turkey or is it being imported?


Per TK press release:

Sourced from oil refining company Neste, the environmentally friendly fuel is stored by Turkish Airlines subsidiary Turkish Fuel Services (TFS) to be loaded onto aircraft after getting blended with jet fuel. Turkish Airlines is also sponsoring project on sustainable microalgae-based biojet fuel with Bogazici University, a prominent Turkish university in Istanbul, with the support of TFS. The project aims to develop the first carbon-negative integrated bio-refinery in Turkey and Europe.
 
calcal
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 16, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 2:45 am

Does TK getting the business class suits with Aeroflot A350 deliveries ?
 
B747forever
Posts: 13935
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 am

How does TK look at separate tickets going domestic-IST//IST-LAX?

Looking to add a domestic segment connecting to my current IST-LAX flight. Will they be able to through check the bags to LAX and protect the connection in case of delays? Some carriers, like BA frown upon separate tickets and treat them as such.
 
ARNbased
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 4:42 am

Regarding SU’s A350s:
I REALLY hope that TK keeps the interiors. SU’s new a350 business class is phenomenal and super stylish. Better than Q Suites IMHO and certainly better than TK’s a350s/b787s. Fingers crossed!
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 5:32 am

LAXintl wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Anyone know who is manufacturing this biofuel? Is it made locally in Turkey or is it being imported?


Per TK press release:

Sourced from oil refining company Neste, the environmentally friendly fuel is stored by Turkish Airlines subsidiary Turkish Fuel Services (TFS) to be loaded onto aircraft after getting blended with jet fuel. Turkish Airlines is also sponsoring project on sustainable microalgae-based biojet fuel with Bogazici University, a prominent Turkish university in Istanbul, with the support of TFS. The project aims to develop the first carbon-negative integrated bio-refinery in Turkey and Europe.


Thank you.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 pm

B747forever wrote:
How does TK look at separate tickets going domestic-IST//IST-LAX?

Looking to add a domestic segment connecting to my current IST-LAX flight. Will they be able to through check the bags to LAX and protect the connection in case of delays? Some carriers, like BA frown upon separate tickets and treat them as such.

I have done it few times on JFK-IST-DLM portions. Two different tickets. I've done it both ways, checked my bags from DLM to JFK and JFK to DLM.
It is always a weird feeling as if the bags are never going to make it but they did, no problems.
Besides, the people at DLM really liked the novelty of sending bags from DLM to JFK :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Mon May 02, 2022 12:22 pm

ARNbased wrote:
Regarding SU’s A350s:
I REALLY hope that TK keeps the interiors. SU’s new a350 business class is phenomenal and super stylish. Better than Q Suites IMHO and certainly better than TK’s a350s/b787s. Fingers crossed!

I agree.
"Mece" commented earlier that it is not that easy to change the interiors to my surprise :(
I was hoping TK to keep the Business seats and try to eliminate Economy Plus and put more Economy seats there. But not sure how they will deal with the IFE situation??
Maybe they limit to use of these to a certain market, let's say Brazil or Philippines and mix it with Israel for short haul breaks.
Let's see if this happens, how they work it out.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Tue May 03, 2022 7:57 pm

I haven't seen anybody mentioning this (if anybody has, then apologies), but the F pier at IST is now used for international flights. Pre-pandemic, this was the case, but since the pandemic it has been used for domestic flights up until recently.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13935
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Tue May 03, 2022 9:10 pm

TK787 wrote:
B747forever wrote:
How does TK look at separate tickets going domestic-IST//IST-LAX?

Looking to add a domestic segment connecting to my current IST-LAX flight. Will they be able to through check the bags to LAX and protect the connection in case of delays? Some carriers, like BA frown upon separate tickets and treat them as such.

I have done it few times on JFK-IST-DLM portions. Two different tickets. I've done it both ways, checked my bags from DLM to JFK and JFK to DLM.
It is always a weird feeling as if the bags are never going to make it but they did, no problems.
Besides, the people at DLM really liked the novelty of sending bags from DLM to JFK :)


Thanks. Have now booked MQM-IST to connect with my IST-LAX flight. Hopefully won’t be any problems!
 
LLA001
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 7:36 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Tue May 03, 2022 9:18 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
I haven't seen anybody mentioning this (if anybody has, then apologies), but the F pier at IST is now used for international flights. Pre-pandemic, this was the case, but since the pandemic it has been used for domestic flights up until recently.


If I remember correctly, on the earlier plans of the terminal, first three boarding bridges at Pier F was allocated to domestic side. I honestly do not know if this is still the case or if they are flexible areas where they can be transferred between domestic and international depending on the demand.

You can see the map in the link below, those gates seem to be part of domestic side.

https://www.istairport.com/en/passenger ... ld-connect
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 am

According to the latest media reports, Turkish Airlines is said to have leased 6 Boeing 737NGs from the Ukrainian SkyUp Airlines in a wet lease.
The link is in turkish;
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/turk-hava-yollari-skyupin-6-ucagini-kiraladi.html
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Wed May 04, 2022 11:44 am

TKflyer wrote:
There are some changes pending at the Corendon Airlines Group.
According to Turkish media reports, the Corendon Group should operate at least 50 fleets by the summer season 2022. The probability is high that several aircraft will be rented again, as was the case in 2019.
https://www.airporthaber.com/corendon-h ... mlesi.html

The size of the fleet
Corendon Airlines (XC/CAI) 15 +3 leased Aircraft
14 Boeing 737-800
1 Boeing 737-8 MAX

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKB 60220/7743 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
TC-MKE 60202/7844 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
9H-AMB 528 Airbus A320-212 leased Avion Express Malta
9H-AMG 2115 Airbus A321-211 leased Avion Express Malta
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL leased Go2Sky

Corendon Airlines Europe (XR/CXI) 9
9 Boeing 737-800

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

Corendon Dutch Airlines (XR/CXI) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



However, the interesting thing is that the Group will not taking up NTU 3 737 MAXs that have already been produced.

TC-MKZ 61855/7550 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N56807 (ntu TC-MKZ Corendon Airlines), XA-... AeroMexico
9H-MAX 60227/7514 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N3134C, (ntu 9H-MAX Corendon Airlines Europe), XA-... AeroMexico
PH-CDK 43393/7503 Boeing 737-9 MAX ex N1786B, N1782B, (ntu PH-CDK Corendon Dutch Airlines), N979AK Alaska Airlines


That was the fleet situation in November 2021 https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1466415

Let's see how the CORENDON AIRLINES Group's fleet is composed now (April/May 2022)

CORENDON AIRLINES (XC/CAI) 26
17 + 9 leased Aircraft
- 14 Boeing 737-800
- 3 Boeing 737-8 MAX (+ 3 on Order will be leased from ALC)
Boeing 737-9 MAX (3 on Order will be leased from ALC)

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKF 43340/8217 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI
TC-MKB 65901/8265 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI

LY-ELK 2077 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
LY-OWL 2029 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
OY-RUZ 839 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) in CAI cs
9H-MMO 3577 Airbus A320-232 sblsd Malta MedAir all white
LZ-BHL 2987 Airbus A320-232 sblsd BH Air in CAI cs
OY-RUU 878 Airbus A321-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all white
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-GTI 34684/1870 Boeing 737-8K5 SWL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-FEX 28213/50 Boeing 737-8Q8 WL sblsd AirExplore in CAI cs


CORENDON AIRLINES EUROPE (XR/CXI) 12
10 Boeing 737-800 + 2 leased Aircraft

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-CXF 40263/4781 Boeing 737-8KN WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

OY-JRK 444 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all whit
OM-IEX 33016/1588 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd AirExplore all white


CORENDON DUTCH AIRLINES (CD/CDN) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



Another Boeing 737-800 wl is currently being prepared for the CORENDON AIRLINES Group in Shannon (SNN).
Boeing 737-8GP WL msn/ln 38316/6159, ex 9M-LND Malindo Air, OE-IIE JSA, Corendon Airlines (...?)
 
User avatar
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 7:14 am

LLA001 wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:
I haven't seen anybody mentioning this (if anybody has, then apologies), but the F pier at IST is now used for international flights. Pre-pandemic, this was the case, but since the pandemic it has been used for domestic flights up until recently.


If I remember correctly, on the earlier plans of the terminal, first three boarding bridges at Pier F was allocated to domestic side. I honestly do not know if this is still the case or if they are flexible areas where they can be transferred between domestic and international depending on the demand.

You can see the map in the link below, those gates seem to be part of domestic side.

https://www.istairport.com/en/passenger ... ld-connect


Yes, gates F1/3/5 are still used as domestic. I was departing to AYT on 22.04 and saw workers in international area of pier F making some preparations - and a few days later it opened.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 3:53 pm

On 18th May, Air Serbia has upgraded its BEG-IST rotation from an A320 to A332.
There is growing demand because Efes reached the Final Four stage which will take place in Belgrade from the 19th to the 22nd of May.

Let's see if TK responds.
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 4:44 pm

Here's a question I wanted to ask y'all for some time now. If TK one day reintroduces premium economy aka Comfort class, how is it going to be handled?

TK rotates widebodies all around the system and sends them extensively to Europe too as we know. Would they then just sell Y+ on those flights too or not? And if not, who will sit there then?

I also thought about pax who connect onto a middle eastern/african destination and it would certainly be annoying to only have Y+ on just one leg. That's what I think is the reason why TK is staying away from such a product (and was the reason to cancel Comfort Class iirc besides the fact it was eating away Business Class demand).
Unlike TK, airlines based in Europe like LH don't have such a problem as they can geographically differentiate their product offerings.

Additionally, TK would certainly loose out on the number of pax as Y+ takes more real estate in the planes...

Looking forward to your opinions/ideas :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 6:23 pm

On Comfort Class;
I feel lik you have already answered your own question :)
As much as I liked the product and used it many times, I doubt that it is coming back.
From what I can see on the JFK flights, TK is not having a problem filling the Business Class or the Economy Class. I fell like they got it right with the proportions and they do not want any more headaches :)
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 8:56 pm

TKflyer wrote:
TKflyer wrote:
There are some changes pending at the Corendon Airlines Group.
According to Turkish media reports, the Corendon Group should operate at least 50 fleets by the summer season 2022. The probability is high that several aircraft will be rented again, as was the case in 2019.
https://www.airporthaber.com/corendon-h ... mlesi.html

The size of the fleet
Corendon Airlines (XC/CAI) 15 +3 leased Aircraft
14 Boeing 737-800
1 Boeing 737-8 MAX

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKB 60220/7743 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
TC-MKE 60202/7844 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
9H-AMB 528 Airbus A320-212 leased Avion Express Malta
9H-AMG 2115 Airbus A321-211 leased Avion Express Malta
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL leased Go2Sky

Corendon Airlines Europe (XR/CXI) 9
9 Boeing 737-800

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

Corendon Dutch Airlines (XR/CXI) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



However, the interesting thing is that the Group will not taking up NTU 3 737 MAXs that have already been produced.

TC-MKZ 61855/7550 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N56807 (ntu TC-MKZ Corendon Airlines), XA-... AeroMexico
9H-MAX 60227/7514 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N3134C, (ntu 9H-MAX Corendon Airlines Europe), XA-... AeroMexico
PH-CDK 43393/7503 Boeing 737-9 MAX ex N1786B, N1782B, (ntu PH-CDK Corendon Dutch Airlines), N979AK Alaska Airlines


That was the fleet situation in November 2021 https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1466415

Let's see how the CORENDON AIRLINES Group's fleet is composed now (April/May 2022)

CORENDON AIRLINES (XC/CAI) 26
17 + 9 leased Aircraft
- 14 Boeing 737-800
- 3 Boeing 737-8 MAX (+ 3 on Order will be leased from ALC)
Boeing 737-9 MAX (3 on Order will be leased from ALC)

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKF 43340/8217 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI
TC-MKB 65901/8265 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI

LY-ELK 2077 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
LY-OWL 2029 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
OY-RUZ 839 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) in CAI cs
9H-MMO 3577 Airbus A320-232 sblsd Malta MedAir all white
LZ-BHL 2987 Airbus A320-232 sblsd BH Air in CAI cs
OY-RUU 878 Airbus A321-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all white
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-GTI 34684/1870 Boeing 737-8K5 SWL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-FEX 28213/50 Boeing 737-8Q8 WL sblsd AirExplore in CAI cs


CORENDON AIRLINES EUROPE (XR/CXI) 12
10 Boeing 737-800 + 2 leased Aircraft

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-CXF 40263/4781 Boeing 737-8KN WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

OY-JRK 444 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all whit
OM-IEX 33016/1588 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd AirExplore all white


CORENDON DUTCH AIRLINES (CD/CDN) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



Another Boeing 737-800 wl is currently being prepared for the CORENDON AIRLINES Group in Shannon (SNN).
Boeing 737-8GP WL msn/ln 38316/6159, ex 9M-LND Malindo Air, OE-IIE JSA, Corendon Airlines (...?)


yesterday posted today already past .....
another 738 was added to the CORENDON AIRLINES EUROPE fleet. btw it's 11'th
9H-CXG 37254/3586 Boeing 737-8K5 SWL Hull City "the Tigers" cs, ex G-FDZW Thomson Aireays, TUI Airways, D-ATYI TUI fly, OE-IWR CIAF Leasing, Sterling Aviation Air, 9H-CXG Corendon Airlines Europe lsd.
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Thu May 05, 2022 10:26 pm

TKflyer wrote:
TKflyer wrote:
TKflyer wrote:
There are some changes pending at the Corendon Airlines Group.
According to Turkish media reports, the Corendon Group should operate at least 50 fleets by the summer season 2022. The probability is high that several aircraft will be rented again, as was the case in 2019.
https://www.airporthaber.com/corendon-h ... mlesi.html

The size of the fleet
Corendon Airlines (XC/CAI) 15 +3 leased Aircraft
14 Boeing 737-800
1 Boeing 737-8 MAX

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKB 60220/7743 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
TC-MKE 60202/7844 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order
9H-AMB 528 Airbus A320-212 leased Avion Express Malta
9H-AMG 2115 Airbus A321-211 leased Avion Express Malta
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL leased Go2Sky

Corendon Airlines Europe (XR/CXI) 9
9 Boeing 737-800

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

Corendon Dutch Airlines (XR/CXI) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



However, the interesting thing is that the Group will not taking up NTU 3 737 MAXs that have already been produced.

TC-MKZ 61855/7550 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N56807 (ntu TC-MKZ Corendon Airlines), XA-... AeroMexico
9H-MAX 60227/7514 Boeing 737-8 MAX ex N1786B, N3134C, (ntu 9H-MAX Corendon Airlines Europe), XA-... AeroMexico
PH-CDK 43393/7503 Boeing 737-9 MAX ex N1786B, N1782B, (ntu PH-CDK Corendon Dutch Airlines), N979AK Alaska Airlines


That was the fleet situation in November 2021 https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1466415

Let's see how the CORENDON AIRLINES Group's fleet is composed now (April/May 2022)

CORENDON AIRLINES (XC/CAI) 26
17 + 9 leased Aircraft
- 14 Boeing 737-800
- 3 Boeing 737-8 MAX (+ 3 on Order will be leased from ALC)
Boeing 737-9 MAX (3 on Order will be leased from ALC)

Reg. MSN/ln Aircraft
TC-COE 36881/3671 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-COH 35850/4124 Boeing 737-8EH WL
TC-CON 39412/3553 Boeing 737-81D WL
TC-COR 42058/6395 Boeing 737-800 WL
TC-TJI 29247/493 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJJ 29246/475 Boeing 737-8S3 WL
TC-TJO 34253/1866 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJP 33022/1672 Boeing 737-8BK WL
TC-TJR 40723/3622 Boeing 737-82R WL
TC-TJS 34252/1851 Boeing 737-81B SWL
TC-TJT 36529/2566 Boeing 737-86N WL
TC-TJU 29681/2493 Boeing 737-8HX WL
TC-TJV 37740/2638 Boeing 737-86J WL
TC-TJY 34991/3780 Boeing 737-8AS WL
TC-MKS 64936/6931 Boeing 737-8 MAX
TC-MKF 43340/8217 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI
TC-MKB 65901/8265 Boeing 737-8 MAX on Order, spotted in fcs at BFI

LY-ELK 2077 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
LY-OWL 2029 Airbus A320-232 sblsd GetJet Airlines in CAI cs
OY-RUZ 839 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) in CAI cs
9H-MMO 3577 Airbus A320-232 sblsd Malta MedAir all white
LZ-BHL 2987 Airbus A320-232 sblsd BH Air in CAI cs
OY-RUU 878 Airbus A321-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all white
OM-GTH 29644/2231 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-GTI 34684/1870 Boeing 737-8K5 SWL sblsd Go2Sky in CAI cs
OM-FEX 28213/50 Boeing 737-8Q8 WL sblsd AirExplore in CAI cs


CORENDON AIRLINES EUROPE (XR/CXI) 12
10 Boeing 737-800 + 2 leased Aircraft

9H-CXA 42804/5068 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXB 42799/4984 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-CXC 39434/4337 Boeing 737-8JP WL
9H-CXF 40263/4781 Boeing 737-8KN WL
9H-TJA 34409/1924 Boeing 737-8F2 WL
9H-TJB 35093/2176 Boeing 737-8FH WL
9H-TJC 38012/3550 Boeing 737-86N WL
9H-TJD 35077/2419 Boeing 737-84P WL
9H-TJE 35106/2530 Boeing 737-85R WL
9H-TJF 35082/2550 Boeing 737-85R WL

OY-JRK 444 Airbus A320-231 sblsd Danish Air Transport (DAT) all whit
OM-IEX 33016/1588 Boeing 737-8BK WL sblsd AirExplore all white


CORENDON DUTCH AIRLINES (CD/CDN) 3
3 Boeing 737-800

PH-CDE 35795/2829 Boeing 737-8KN wl
PH-CDF 28227/452 Boeing 737-804 wl
PH-CDH 36121/3853 Boeing 737-86J WL



Another Boeing 737-800 wl is currently being prepared for the CORENDON AIRLINES Group in Shannon (SNN).
Boeing 737-8GP WL msn/ln 38316/6159, ex 9M-LND Malindo Air, OE-IIE JSA, Corendon Airlines (...?)


yesterday posted today already past .....
another 738 was added to the CORENDON AIRLINES EUROPE fleet. btw it's 11'th
9H-CXG 37254/3586 Boeing 737-8K5 SWL Hull City "the Tigers" cs, ex G-FDZW Thomson Aireays, TUI Airways, D-ATYI TUI fly, OE-IWR CIAF Leasing, Sterling Aviation Air, 9H-CXG Corendon Airlines Europe lsd.



The first picture of the 9H–CXG
https://aviation.direct/corendon-europe-stationiert-hull-city-special-livery-in-nuernberg
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 11:33 am

THY and AnadoluJet should stop cherry-picking aircrafts and start working on a long-term solid fleet plan and have some fleet consistency for God sake...THY became a global airline now and should pay attention to this matter. AnadoluJet also is a terrible product and the reason it is on business is because of lack of competition and TK monopoly on certain routes and TK controlling slots, as soon as Turkey will have open skies with Europe this airline will be forced to upgrade its product. It is a shame that SAW, ESB and ADB are neglected by TK for the sake of making IST profitable, but I will be realistic, I do not expect any change in this pattern in a short while, but eventually I hope we will see things change. I just wanted to express my discomfort about this matter here....

Last but not least IST ESB should be opened to airlines other than TK, the ongoing monopoly is unacceptable.


TKflyer wrote:
According to the latest media reports, Turkish Airlines is said to have leased 6 Boeing 737NGs from the Ukrainian SkyUp Airlines in a wet lease.
The link is in turkish;
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/turk-hava-yollari-skyupin-6-ucagini-kiraladi.html
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5583
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 3:36 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:
THY and AnadoluJet should stop cherry-picking aircrafts and start working on a long-term solid fleet plan and have some fleet consistency for God sake...THY became a global airline now and should pay attention to this matter. AnadoluJet also is a terrible product and the reason it is on business is because of lack of competition and TK monopoly on certain routes and TK controlling slots, as soon as Turkey will have open skies with Europe this airline will be forced to upgrade its product. It is a shame that SAW, ESB and ADB are neglected by TK for the sake of making IST profitable, but I will be realistic, I do not expect any change in this pattern in a short while, but eventually I hope we will see things change. I just wanted to express my discomfort about this matter here....


I would not expect TK to move its focus away from Istanbul which is not any different than Air France focus on Paris, BA on London, Iberia on Madrid, or even Air China with a massive nation focus on Beijing.

Its best to have TK focus its resources on Istanbul, the far largest and most important market in Turkey and it can use its proxy carriers to service other markets with. Fragmenting the operation and resources away from a Istanbul focus would weaken TK and add cost.

Also regarding Europe, there really are virtually no restrictions for service to/from nearly all markets. Turkey already enjoys a defacto open-skies with EU and very few if any European carriers can effectively compete against it.
 
stylo777
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 3:39 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:
THY and AnadoluJet should stop cherry-picking aircrafts and start working on a long-term solid fleet plan and have some fleet consistency for God sake...THY became a global airline now and should pay attention to this matter. AnadoluJet also is a terrible product and the reason it is on business is because of lack of competition and TK monopoly on certain routes and TK controlling slots, as soon as Turkey will have open skies with Europe this airline will be forced to upgrade its product. It is a shame that SAW, ESB and ADB are neglected by TK for the sake of making IST profitable, but I will be realistic, I do not expect any change in this pattern in a short while, but eventually I hope we will see things change. I just wanted to express my discomfort about this matter here....

Last but not least IST ESB should be opened to airlines other than TK, the ongoing monopoly is unacceptable.


TKflyer wrote:
According to the latest media reports, Turkish Airlines is said to have leased 6 Boeing 737NGs from the Ukrainian SkyUp Airlines in a wet lease.
The link is in turkish;
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/turk-hava-yollari-skyupin-6-ucagini-kiraladi.html

well, I would look at it a bit more differentiated. in my view there is already a demarcation between TK and AJ
- TK with mega hub at IST, wide network and premium product; whereas...
- AJ for primary point-to-point flying, lower-cost product (not LCC), focus on ESB and SAW bases

Just a random comparison of today for SAW and ESB (ADB not considered at this point...)
SAW:
- total departures: 306
- PC departures: 191 (62%)
- TK/AJ combined: 99 (32%)

ESB:
- total departures: 96
- PC departures: 26 (27%)
- TK/AJ combined: 63 (66%)

By putting the AJ brand and product specifically on those markets, they distinguish between premium/network and lowercost/p2p on one hand, and keep a good market share in-house on the other. I don't see it as neglecting of both markets in favor of IST, but rather a differentiated strategy to cater for all kind of demand. However, with high inflation and strongly reduced buying-power of population one has to see how it will affect not only TK/AJ, but also PC (and XQ to some extend) particularly on the domestic market.

Totally agree on IST-ESB monopoly. KK once tried, but was whistled back by governmental lobby before even commencing the flights.
We probably will never see another carrier on this route - at least with this administration.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 26242
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 4:57 pm

Last month we had a discussion about the need for more Turkish air carriers for competition, and it was mentioned that Turkey in reality already had some of the cheapest domestic airfares globally.

Well, I finally found the data which was printed by Skyscanner in 2019.

Average cost per/100km
1. Malaysia – $4.18
2. Bulgaria – $4.65
3. India – $4.96
4. Turkey – $6.28
5. Romania – $6.46
6. Indonesia – $6.49
7. Portugal – $6.50
8. Thailand – $6.74
9. Spain – $7.08
10. South Africa – $7.25
Last edited by LAXintl on Fri May 06, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 26242
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 5:20 pm

On the TK/IST discussion, to me let TK focus on its strength and its efforts on the Istanbul megahub. The Istanbul market represents 50% of Turkey enplanements, and its by far the largest city in population and economic activity. TK can use its affiliate carriers to provide a presence and compete in other cities like ADB and ESB.

Its incredibly complicated (and costly) to build a presence across multiple cities - look at SAS and how it has for national reasons been forced to split its operations across ARN, CPH, and OSL.

As mentioned by others, network airlines globally have refocused their efforts into single hubs. This model produces the best mix traffic and revenue of at lowest cost while maximizing connectivity opportunities.

(p.s. lets not forget TK this summer will offer 388 weekly rotations from Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman and Izmir to 47 cities in Europe and Middle East for leisure clients, so its not like TK is not offering some nonstop links to Turkish markets outside of Istanbul)
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 914
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 5:43 pm

This discussion keeps popping up. Everyone has a point. I think Turkey is not big and rich enough to support multiple hubs or multiple global airlines. Even PC is a surprise success to me actually. But on the other hand, the reason Turkish cities other than IST are so poor in terms of connectivity is the lack of true open skies with Europe. Cities like LYS, NCE in France, BCN in Spain, MXP, NAP in Italy, BER, HAM in Germany are so well connected is because of LCCs like FR, U2 being able to fly from any country in the EU. These carriers cannot fly to airports in Turkey except from countries they are registered in. Look at the explosion of air services to Morocco and Israel since they signed open skies.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 5:53 pm

If I am not wrong, SAW is relatively restricted when it comes to expanding. How much more can PC grow there before experiencing severe restrictions?

This situation might push them to consider expanding at other airports.

Out of curiosity, what's so bad about Anadoloujet?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:02 pm

Blerg wrote:
On 18th May, Air Serbia has upgraded its BEG-IST rotation from an A320 to A332.
There is growing demand because Efes reached the Final Four stage which will take place in Belgrade from the 19th to the 22nd of May.

Let's see if TK responds.

I see a promotion from TK; 4 x Miles awarded on flights to BEG.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Blerg wrote:
If I am not wrong, SAW is relatively restricted when it comes to expanding.

It has been a long saga but we might see the 2nd runway-a new terminal finally finish in a few years. (started 2015), maybe :) insallah :lol:
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:21 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
On 18th May, Air Serbia has upgraded its BEG-IST rotation from an A320 to A332.
There is growing demand because Efes reached the Final Four stage which will take place in Belgrade from the 19th to the 22nd of May.

Let's see if TK responds.

I see a promotion from TK; 4 x Miles awarded on flights to BEG.


lol nice... I wonder why that is when their loads are really good here. I guess they want to protect their market from JU.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:22 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
If I am not wrong, SAW is relatively restricted when it comes to expanding.

It has been a long saga but we might see the 2nd runway-a new terminal finally finish in a few years. (started 2015), maybe :) insallah :lol:


Well, it's been only 7 years :D

So what's SAW's capacity right now and how much will it be after the expansion?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:27 pm

Blerg wrote:
So what's SAW's capacity right now and how much will it be after the expansion?

AFAIK, it is 40M pax a year, and after the expansion double to 80M pax.
Someone correct if this is different now.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 8:38 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So what's SAW's capacity right now and how much will it be after the expansion?

AFAIK, it is 40M pax a year, and after the expansion double to 80M pax.
Someone correct if this is different now.


Wow that is going to be one big airport after the expansion. Good for them.
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 9:10 pm

TK787 wrote:
On Comfort Class;
I feel lik you have already answered your own question :)
As much as I liked the product and used it many times, I doubt that it is coming back.
From what I can see on the JFK flights, TK is not having a problem filling the Business Class or the Economy Class. I fell like they got it right with the proportions and they do not want any more headaches :)


Well, you're right. Still thanks for your answer :)

Also, I think it was you, TK787, who was asking if there really is such demand from Istanbul to Mexico City as TK upgraded IST-MEX from 3x weekly 789 to a daily 77W in such a short time.

The answer is yes: http://www.therouteshop.com/profiles/ig ... l-airport/

It looks like the route is still underserved :o I'm now at least as curious as you to find out where that much demand comes from... I bet the route will get even more frequencies once more 787s arrive
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 5004
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Latest bit of news, Korean and Saudia to resume IST this summer.
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Blerg wrote:
If I am not wrong, SAW is relatively restricted when it comes to expanding. How much more can PC grow there before experiencing severe restrictions?

This situation might push them to consider expanding at other airports.

Out of curiosity, what's so bad about Anadoloujet?


Unfortunately, to your first question, I can't provide any numbers regarding SAW capacity but we know for sure that its nearly getting to its limits now even outside of rush hours.

But even with restrictions in place, PCs growth is ensured as they're looking to grow by using larger planes. For a long time, they were only operating one size (738/A320), but now they're focusing on the A321neo. Nearly half of their fleet will consist of the 321, which has 29% more seats than the A320neo (186 vs 239 seats), and probably all of them will end up in SAW with the A320neo being shifted to other bases. I still hope to see the 2nd runway though :)

Regarding your second question: actually nothing. It's just the fact that the intl flights they operate were once being flown by TK mainline and that some avgeeks don't want to admit that this (lower fares) is what the market wants. Of course, I would also love to see a small base/hub of TK in Ankara (and some extent again in SAW), but history shows it's just not worth it...
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 9:48 pm

TK787 wrote:
Latest bit of news, Korean and Saudia to resume IST this summer.


Besides Saudia, TK is also resuming consistent service to Saudi Arabia as finally, after what has felt like an eternity, political ties are getting better.

From 8th March on: JED 3x daily A321, MED & RUH 2x A321, DMM 10x weekly A321 (up until recently they were limited to like 6 weekly flights overall, so it's really a big jump in capacity)
 
stylo777
Posts: 2892
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Fri May 06, 2022 10:25 pm

Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
On 18th May, Air Serbia has upgraded its BEG-IST rotation from an A320 to A332.
There is growing demand because Efes reached the Final Four stage which will take place in Belgrade from the 19th to the 22nd of May.

Let's see if TK responds.

I see a promotion from TK; 4 x Miles awarded on flights to BEG.


lol nice... I wonder why that is when their loads are really good here. I guess they want to protect their market from JU.

promotion is related to EuroLeague FInal Four and travel period is restricted to 18-22MAY

https://www.turkishairlines.com/de-lu/m ... -next-mvp/
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5583
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat May 07, 2022 4:20 am

Another new airport in Turkey -- Rize-Artvin opens next week.

Looking at the map is its quite close to Georgian border. Is this meant to reduce the reliance of Batumi airport?

Image
https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/erdogan ... week-56922
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat May 07, 2022 5:40 am

stylo777 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:
I see a promotion from TK; 4 x Miles awarded on flights to BEG.


lol nice... I wonder why that is when their loads are really good here. I guess they want to protect their market from JU.

promotion is related to EuroLeague FInal Four and travel period is restricted to 18-22MAY

https://www.turkishairlines.com/de-lu/m ... -next-mvp/


Thank you, let's see if they boost capacity or flights to Belgrade. Air Serbia has already upgraded all flights from A320 and some to even the A332.
For example, so far Athens have received at least additional 10 frequencies with JU scheduled to operate 5-6 charter flights on top of all that. I hope Efes' fans will not disappoint :D
 
Blerg
Posts: 5481
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat May 07, 2022 5:41 am

emre787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
If I am not wrong, SAW is relatively restricted when it comes to expanding. How much more can PC grow there before experiencing severe restrictions?

This situation might push them to consider expanding at other airports.

Out of curiosity, what's so bad about Anadoloujet?


Unfortunately, to your first question, I can't provide any numbers regarding SAW capacity but we know for sure that its nearly getting to its limits now even outside of rush hours.

But even with restrictions in place, PCs growth is ensured as they're looking to grow by using larger planes. For a long time, they were only operating one size (738/A320), but now they're focusing on the A321neo. Nearly half of their fleet will consist of the 321, which has 29% more seats than the A320neo (186 vs 239 seats), and probably all of them will end up in SAW with the A320neo being shifted to other bases. I still hope to see the 2nd runway though :)

Regarding your second question: actually nothing. It's just the fact that the intl flights they operate were once being flown by TK mainline and that some avgeeks don't want to admit that this (lower fares) is what the market wants. Of course, I would also love to see a small base/hub of TK in Ankara (and some extent again in SAW), but history shows it's just not worth it...


Thank you. I suppose the natural progression for PC should be from 320/738 to A321neo to A339 in case there isn't a major expansion of the airport in the future. :D

Thank you for Anadoloujet explanation, I assumed they were just your ordinary LCC.
 
User avatar
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat May 07, 2022 12:01 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:
THY and AnadoluJet should stop cherry-picking aircrafts and start working on a long-term solid fleet plan and have some fleet consistency for God sake...THY became a global airline now and should pay attention to this matter. AnadoluJet also is a terrible product and the reason it is on business is because of lack of competition and TK monopoly on certain routes and TK controlling slots, as soon as Turkey will have open skies with Europe this airline will be forced to upgrade its product. It is a shame that SAW, ESB and ADB are neglected by TK for the sake of making IST profitable, but I will be realistic, I do not expect any change in this pattern in a short while, but eventually I hope we will see things change. I just wanted to express my discomfort about this matter here....

Last but not least IST ESB should be opened to airlines other than TK, the ongoing monopoly is unacceptable.


TKflyer wrote:
According to the latest media reports, Turkish Airlines is said to have leased 6 Boeing 737NGs from the Ukrainian SkyUp Airlines in a wet lease.
The link is in turkish;
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/turk-hava-yollari-skyupin-6-ucagini-kiraladi.html

Moreover, TK should get rid of eurobusiness-equipped A/C because it is a real disgrace when you have such an unexpected change even on a 4-hour flight like IST-CDG/MXP etc. or AYT-VKO. At least they could reconfigure them.
 
emre787
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation May 2022

Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
ankaraflyjet wrote:
THY and AnadoluJet should stop cherry-picking aircrafts and start working on a long-term solid fleet plan and have some fleet consistency for God sake...THY became a global airline now and should pay attention to this matter. AnadoluJet also is a terrible product and the reason it is on business is because of lack of competition and TK monopoly on certain routes and TK controlling slots, as soon as Turkey will have open skies with Europe this airline will be forced to upgrade its product. It is a shame that SAW, ESB and ADB are neglected by TK for the sake of making IST profitable, but I will be realistic, I do not expect any change in this pattern in a short while, but eventually I hope we will see things change. I just wanted to express my discomfort about this matter here....

Last but not least IST ESB should be opened to airlines other than TK, the ongoing monopoly is unacceptable.


TKflyer wrote:
According to the latest media reports, Turkish Airlines is said to have leased 6 Boeing 737NGs from the Ukrainian SkyUp Airlines in a wet lease.
The link is in turkish;
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/turk-hava-yollari-skyupin-6-ucagini-kiraladi.html

Moreover, TK should get rid of eurobusiness-equipped A/C because it is a real disgrace when you have such an unexpected change even on a 4-hour flight like IST-CDG/MXP etc. or AYT-VKO. At least they could reconfigure them.


To the cherry-picking comment: you're right, but only for TK.

LCCs like AnadoluJet don't and won't ever care that much about their product offerings. That's why I see TK/AJ leasing those SkyUp 738 as a success because under AnadoluJet ops, they won't make any difference in terms of on-board product. Both AnadoluJets and SkyUps 737-800s feature a vanilla 189 seat full economy configuration.

And, as I already mentioned some post earlier, that's what the market wants: cheap fares in sacrifice for comfort/quality on-board.

Just look at Eurowings for example. Every summer they're leasing aircraft from various carriers and don't really care about what the pax will get in the end. It's just all about getting capacity from somewhere.

In fact, I see the leased 738 even adding to TKs offerings because with those additional planes likely to be stationed in AYT/DLM/BJV, TK mainline planes - with the nice onboard product - will be freed up and be used from IST, a market which cares about on-board products. So basically win-win.

But yeah, I think we can all agree on that TK should get rid of the eurobusiness A320s. The 738s with eurobusiness are all gone now iirc (phased out or transferred to AJ) and only the A319s, A320s and few A321s are left. With the arrival of the neos, I think it won't last that long until they're out too

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos