Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation August 2022

Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:18 pm

Hello everyone.

Welcome to the August Turkish Aviation thread.
Our colleague TK787 is very busy working on a project and asked me to take charge for this month's thread.

Some news for the month:

> Per Eurocontrol, Istanbul airport ranked the busiest airport for week of July 22-28 with average 1,327 daily flights.
> Per IATA latest World Air Cargo Data report, Turkish Cargo now ranks fourth among the top global operators in tonnage carried in Q2 with a global market share of 4.8%.
> In related news, TK Cargo is partnering with Chinese YTO Group and chartering 4x weekly services from Xi'an to to Tashkent where the cargo then will be transloaded to TK flight to Istanbul. This allows TK to access additional Chinese outbound demand.
> Biman Bangladesh 787 service from Dhaka to Toronto with intermediate crew and fuel change in Istanbul commenced on July 27th.
> Asiana returned to Istanbul on July 23 with 2x weekly B777 service.

Hopefully everyone manages to take a little time off to relax this summer and stays healthy.

I'll leave you with images of Turkey's newest airline which received its AOC only days ago. TC-GRB and its sister resting in the sun in Antalya

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY1Z6IiWYAI ... =4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY1aUbjXEAM ... ame=medium

Link to last months thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1474267

aldrigsomandre

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2022

Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:49 pm

Thank you, LAXintl, for the new monthly thread.

I must say, the Southwind livery looks great.

emre787

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:48 pm

Amazingly hilarious that Southwind not only took the "opposite" name of the russian Northwind, but also ripped off their logo by literally taking the N and turning it sideways :D

And thanks for the new thread :)

HB-IWC

Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:23 am

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, one more set of data points. In the past 24 hours, for TK longhaul:

Sunday:
TK164 - Hanoi - left 5 hours late
TK070 - Hongkong - left 5 hours late
TK068 - Bangkok - left 3.5 hours late
TK024 - Taipei - left 4.5 hours late
TK084 - Manila - left 5.5 hours late
TK040 - Johannesburg - left 4 hours late
TK005 - Chicago - left 3 hours late
TK007 - Washington - left 4 hours late
TK017 - Toronto - left 3 hours late

Earlier this morning:
TK056 - Jakarta - left 4.5 hours late
TK070 - Hongkong - left 5.5 hours late
TK068 - Bangkok - left 4.5 hours late
TK044 - Cape Town - left 2 hours late

I have worked in airline operations for quite a while now, but I have rarely seen such reckless over-scheduling with an airline of the stature and size of Turkish. On some days, it is not even theoretically possible to fly the full program with the existing resources, so outstation ground times are now planned to be used elsewhere in the system, essentially advance-planning extensive delays. TK164/Hanoi, for instance, has been on time once in the past month. Expect this to go on for the entire month of August.

Blerg

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:35 am

HB-IWC wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, one more set of data points. In the past 24 hours, for TK longhaul:

Sunday:

Earlier this morning:

I have worked in airline operations for quite a while now, but I have rarely seen such reckless over-scheduling with an airline of the stature and size of Turkish. On some days, it is not even theoretically possible to fly the full program with the existing resources, so outstation ground times are now planned to be used elsewhere in the system, essentially advance-planning extensive delays. TK164/Hanoi, for instance, has been on time once in the past month. Expect this to go on for the entire month of August.

Is TK addressing this issue?

robcol99

Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:33 am

Blerg wrote:
HB-IWC wrote:

Sunday:

Earlier this morning:

Is TK addressing this issue?

TK is the issue. :)

TK787

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:00 am

Thanks for the new thread LAXintl,

Somehow TK is getting away with this, learning about the 100% load factors on all US flights last week.
In the current climate of, delayed/cancelled flights/lost bags/strikes... all around EU/US, TK is not alone.
I am hearing crazy last minute cancellations from the US to secondary EU destinations, the day of the flight :(
Hopefully with the arrival of already built 787s in the coming months and the peak of summer travel almost behind us,
things might get better for TK in a couple of months.
(Some of those double daily US flights will go down to one)

Yakamoz

Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Thanks LAXintl for the new thread and happy August 2022!

After MG Aviation, this month Southwind is going to start flights. Crazy, how things change in Turkish Aviation. Some years ago, we was talking of Atlasglobal or Onur Air, now 2 new airlines.

I will fly this month on board of Sunexpress to Izmir and back. After last months "snake" news, will be crazy. :D

Today, I've read of news that FAA will soon allow deliveries of B787s. Hopefully, the planes are really without any further problems and will be delivered soon to TK.

BuildingMyBento

Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 pm

emre787 wrote:
Amazingly hilarious that Southwind not only took the "opposite" name of the russian Northwind, but also ripped off their logo by literally taking the N and turning it sideways :D

The "sideways" N is very patriotic in Russia these days ....

And I presume many more businesses in Antalya and Bodrum accept Mir now?

emre787

Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm

BuildingMyBento wrote:
The "sideways" N is very patriotic in Russia these days ....

That's right. Fortunately, in this case, it's pretty clear that it's indeed an "S" rather than a "Z". Could have been a problem easily...

aldrigsomandre

Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:56 pm

emre787 wrote:

Not that hilarious when Southwind is actually the subsidiary of the Russian company, Nordwind - belonging to Pegas Touristik.

Blerg

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:02 pm

TK787 wrote:

Somehow TK is getting away with this, learning about the 100% load factors on all US flights last week.
In the current climate of, delayed/cancelled flights/lost bags/strikes... all around EU/US, TK is not alone.
I am hearing crazy last minute cancellations from the US to secondary EU destinations, the day of the flight :(
Hopefully with the arrival of already built 787s in the coming months and the peak of summer travel almost behind us,

Unless these cancellations are caused by crew shortages. In that case new planes won't solve this issue unless they increase capacity while reducing frequencies. For example replacing two daily flights on the A321 with a single B787.

HB-IWC

Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:16 pm

TK787 wrote:

While some of the reinforced US frequencies will taper off, TK has already loaded extra frequencies to Asia (SIN, KUL, CGK, DPS, HKT, BKK and others), Africa and Mexico and additional heavy maintenance is typically scheduled in winter (currently only one B77W is under heavy maintenance). Let's also see whether the SU A350s will go for a proper repaint.

Meanwhile, TK's longhaul operation is no different today than over the weekend, with well over half a dozen flights hours late. And to say TK also still wanted to start Detroit in July.

A321Lufthansa

Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:17 pm

Another delay of a B77W is TK411 to Moscow - left 4 hours late after being severely delayed (TC-JJG).

TKflyer

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:24 am

Yakamoz wrote:
Today, I've read of news that FAA will soon allow deliveries of B787s. Hopefully, the planes are really without any further problems and will be delivered soon to TK.

Hopefully!
Last month it was also said that deliveries should start soon. As is well known, nothing came of it.
Now, Boeing is said to have received FAA approval, with the first to be delivered in the second week of August.
Let's see when TK will receive its ticket.
As everyone expects, hopefully soon

HB-IWC

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:38 am

TKflyer wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:

Hopefully!
Last month it was also said that deliveries should start soon. As is well known, nothing came of it.
Now, Boeing is said to have received FAA approval, with the first to be delivered in the second week of August.
Let's see when TK will receive its ticket.
As everyone expects, hopefully soon

One would reasonably expect that TK has negotiated for itself a place towards the front of the line, but then so would the likes of Lufthansa, KLM, British Airways, Qatar Airways, American and United, all of which seem to be eagerly awaiting the additional capacity.

leftyboarder

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:20 am

The reasonable thing to do would be to schedule only NB to Europe and ME and release WB for their primary role to avoid these outrageous delays. But TK seems to want to squeeze out every dime from markets like Russia using WB aircraft, hence unacceptable delays.

Blerg

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:19 am

leftyboarder wrote:
The reasonable thing to do would be to schedule only NB to Europe and ME and release WB for their primary role to avoid these outrageous delays. But TK seems to want to squeeze out every dime from markets like Russia using WB aircraft, hence unacceptable delays.

Could it be that they need widebodies to Russia due to cargo demand? They already suspended Sochi and I think Yekaterinburg so there has to be a reason why they keep on insisting on boosting Moscow.

Asiaflyer

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:23 am

TK787 wrote:

Aren’t more Turkoflot A350s coming in as well soon or has all of them already been delivered?

AirbusA343

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:43 am

Asiaflyer wrote:
TK787 wrote:

Aren’t more Turkoflot A350s coming in as well soon or has all of them already been delivered?

TC-LGK and TC-LGL are on their way at the moment.

Blerg

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:47 am

I read on Instagram yesterday, some Turkish aviation page, that TK has set a new age limit (39) for its newly hired crew. Anyone know what was the previous limit? If they increased it then it could mean they are struggling to find new recruits?

Anyone know how much a TK cabin crew makes per month?

HB-IWC

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:41 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
Asiaflyer wrote:

TC-LGK and TC-LGL are on their way at the moment.

I predict both will be online within 2-3 days and TK will just send some more B77W capacity to Moscow with the resources they are freeing up.

TK's own TC-LGH should also be on property within the next couple of weeks or so.

OTTOMANAIR

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:01 pm

Blerg wrote:
I read on Instagram yesterday, some Turkish aviation page, that TK has set a new age limit (39) for its newly hired crew. Anyone know what was the previous limit? If they increased it then it could mean they are struggling to find new recruits?

Anyone know how much a TK cabin crew makes per month?

Previous age limit was 30. I think a newby cabin attendant earns around 9K-ish per month. It used to be around 6K before inflation and currency devaluation. But they keep raising wages, so I’m not 100% sure.

I think they are going to start hiring new attendants in February or March 2023.

aeroblogger

Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:08 pm

emre787 wrote:

Nordwind (the Russian carrier) is owned by Pegas Touristik (Ramazan Akpınar) - I wouldn't be surprised if Southwind is owned by the same group.

emre787

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:27 pm

leftyboarder wrote:

Neither TK itself has the resources to do such a change, nor are there enough slots/capacity in Europe either (especially these days).

Also, it's not just "markets like Russia" where TK is sending multiple widebodies daily on short hops. Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin, Manchester, Rome, Milan, Madrid, Barcelona, London Heathrow, Baku, Tel Aviv to name a few; all get multiple A330/787/777s (on top of 737/A321s) as it simply doesn't make sense to send a lot of additional A321s. Heck, AMS for instance gets 5 widebodies a day. Another big point making these short hops feasible is the cargo capacity and we all know by now how lucrative belly cargo has become.

So all in all, such a move isn't realistic at all. Let's just hope that the 2 newly delivered A350s stabilize the ops a bit more and the 3 waiting 787s are getting delivered asap. Still, I'm happy that TK did not end up like the European carriers as delays are still better than lots of flight cancellations (with little notice)...

Yakamoz

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:31 pm

TK took delivery of 2 A350s today. I guess now 4 A350s ex Aeroflot planes are in the fleet. Are there more planned?

I expect service entry very soon for TC-LGL and LGK.

BOEING777EK

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:29 pm

Any confirmation if the IFE licencing for the "Turkoflot" frames has been ticked off yet? I recall a source stating end of July but there hasnt been a peep from this topic. Those Turkoflot A350s are being pivoted onto lengthy sectors as of recent days, DAC is one of the few examples deduced from FR24. Surely a fully functional entertainment system is one of the amenities expected by the pax.

emre787

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:17 pm

BOEING777EK wrote:
Any confirmation if the IFE licencing for the "Turkoflot" frames has been ticked off yet? I recall a source stating end of July but there hasnt been a peep from this topic. Those Turkoflot A350s are being pivoted onto lengthy sectors as of recent days, DAC is one of the few examples deduced from FR24. Surely a fully functional entertainment system is one of the amenities expected by the pax.

That source was me. I had asked the CEO on LinkedIn and got an answer from the IFE department stating that the entry into service of those frames were earlier than expected and that they're targeting August 1st to update the IFE systems. If I see something on social media or LinkedIn, I'll sure post it in here.

TK773ER

Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:55 am

Yakamoz wrote:
TK took delivery of 2 A350s today. I guess now 4 A350s ex Aeroflot planes are in the fleet. Are there more planned?

I expect service entry very soon for TC-LGL and LGK.

I believe LN 554 and 558 are destined for TK these two frames are built without engines last time I checked. I remember seeing something online ( can't find link ) that three ex SU frames will have TK's own interiors ? With four of the six already delivered the two frames mentioned may have TK interiors and will be 2023 delivered.

Someone upthread mentioned TC-LGH LN 532 not sure what the go is with this frame according to link not built https://www.abcdlist.nl/a350f/a350f.html

Blerg

Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:24 am

emre787 wrote:
leftyboarder wrote:

Neither TK itself has the resources to do such a change, nor are there enough slots/capacity in Europe either (especially these days).

Also, it's not just "markets like Russia" where TK is sending multiple widebodies daily on short hops. Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin, Manchester, Rome, Milan, Madrid, Barcelona, London Heathrow, Baku, Tel Aviv to name a few; all get multiple A330/787/777s (on top of 737/A321s) as it simply doesn't make sense to send a lot of additional A321s. Heck, AMS for instance gets 5 widebodies a day. Another big point making these short hops feasible is the cargo capacity and we all know by now how lucrative belly cargo has become.

So all in all, such a move isn't realistic at all. Let's just hope that the 2 newly delivered A350s stabilize the ops a bit more and the 3 waiting 787s are getting delivered asap. Still, I'm happy that TK did not end up like the European carriers as delays are still better than lots of flight cancellations (with little notice)...

Makes you wonder if there are more destinations out there that could be boosted to a widebody but are not. For example, almost two months ago they got the green light to add widebodies to BEG (something they have been asking for a while now) as compensation for JU boosting IST from 7 to 10 weekly. So far they have not done it as I suppose they don't have enough planes. Most of their flights to BEG are sold out.

HB-IWC

Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:43 am

TK773ER wrote:
Someone upthread mentioned TC-LGH LN 532 not sure what the go is with this frame according to link not built https://www.abcdlist.nl/a350f/a350f.html

That seems to be the case indeed so the next TK frame would be LN596? Was LN532 part of the 5-frame reduction when TK changed its original order from 25 to 20 frames?

leftyboarder

Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:50 pm

emre787 wrote:
leftyboarder wrote:

But I am not suggesting sending additional narrowbodies. I am suggesting scheduling what's in the fleet, without building in delays they are doing now. Clearly not enough widebodies to do both the planned long haul and a myriad of short haul substitutions. Essentially I am suggesting cutting down flights, but they would rather make their passengers suffer than lose money.

TKflyer

Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:15 pm

HB-IWC wrote:
TK773ER wrote:

That seems to be the case indeed so the next TK frame would be LN596? Was LN532 part of the 5-frame reduction when TK changed its original order from 25 to 20 frames?

I discussed the msn 532 last month or even earlier. Yes, it won't be built.

The next one, as HB-IWC wrote, will be the msn 596.
After that follow msn 618, msn 621 und 651.

For the "Turkoflot A350", msn 554 and msn 558 are planned for delivery from 2023.
I hope then in TK standard, IFE, cabine, painting etc.

HB-IWC

Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:53 pm

leftyboarder wrote:
But I am not suggesting sending additional narrowbodies. I am suggesting scheduling what's in the fleet, without building in delays they are doing now. Clearly not enough widebodies to do both the planned long haul and a myriad of short haul substitutions. Essentially I am suggesting cutting down flights, but they would rather make their passengers suffer than lose money.

The delays on some of the flights have increased further in the past couple of days. The IST ICN and IST BKK flights left well over 6 hours late this morning, IST HAN almost 5 hours late. The standard used to be 3-4 hour delays for the overnight delayed flights. That has now grown to 4-5 hours, almost daily for a couple of flights. Anyone knows what TK is offering passengers who are hit by these delays? Are hotel rooms being offered?

MeCe

Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:53 am

HB-IWC wrote:

Sunday:

Earlier this morning:

I think plan is “delay plane, turn around MGT than we will fix schedule in one cycle” Unfortunately this is not working, I heard they have problems with their vendors because of delays nobody wants whole ground staff reschedule, even crew accommodations became problem.

There are a lot of whales lying around; just west lease them for summer season, even using them for EU destinations will make lots of wide body capacity for ER use

Blerg

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:38 am

MeCe wrote:
HB-IWC wrote:

Sunday:

Earlier this morning:

I think plan is “delay plane, turn around MGT than we will fix schedule in one cycle” Unfortunately this is not working, I heard they have problems with their vendors because of delays nobody wants whole ground staff reschedule, even crew accommodations became problem.

There are a lot of whales lying around; just west lease them for summer season, even using them for EU destinations will make lots of wide body capacity for ER use

Whale as in A380? :D

aytdxb

Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 am

aeroblogger wrote:
emre787 wrote:

Nordwind (the Russian carrier) is owned by Pegas Touristik (Ramazan Akpınar) - I wouldn't be surprised if Southwind is owned by the same group.

Yes indeed Southwind belongs to Pegas, They do plan to increase the capacity of the airline and start serving eurpean destinations also (similar approach of "mavigok" from Anex Tour

MeCe

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Blerg wrote:

Whale as in A380? :D

Of course :D

mafaky

Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:48 pm

AFAIK, the 4 already delivered Turcoflot A359s were not equipped with brakes cooling system and fuel jettisoning (disposal) system and therefore also differ from TK standard A359s.. Could teh final 2 frames (MSN 554-558) come equipped with these?

OA260

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:48 pm

Rumour has it that Pegasus are going to operate LDY - AYT on a seasonal basis next Summer. A very random route .

Blerg

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:46 am

mafaky wrote:
AFAIK, the 4 already delivered Turcoflot A359s were not equipped with brakes cooling system and fuel jettisoning (disposal) system and therefore also differ from TK standard A359s.. Could teh final 2 frames (MSN 554-558) come equipped with these?

This is interesting if true. How can Airbus even deliver a plane without the brakes cooling system? I thought that was mandatory?

mafaky

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:42 am

Blerg wrote:
This is interesting if true. How can Airbus even deliver a plane without the brakes cooling system? I thought that was mandatory?

Well, as for the brake cooling system, personally I also have a doubt but I read in another (Turkish) forum. But still it may not be mandatory. At the New IST, there has been occasions when some of the wide body planes would stop on the taxiway, for cooling their brakes (in fact, sometimes cockpit would make an announcement for th reason...). So it may not be mandatory.

Blerg

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:15 am

mafaky wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Well, as for the brake cooling system, personally I also have a doubt but I read in another (Turkish) forum. But still it may not be mandatory. At the New IST, there has been occasions when some of the wide body planes would stop on the taxiway, for cooling their brakes (in fact, sometimes cockpit would make an announcement for th reason...). So it may not be mandatory.

That's interesting, thank you.

Yakamoz

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:20 am

Southwind has started flights on Aug 3 with TC-GRA (A330), flying domestic to Adana and Gaziantep.

ist2014

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:21 am

Hi all,

2 questions :
1) are ex SU 350s equipped with crew rest area? If yes after IFE issues they might be deployed at ER flights as well

2) Do you see a chance of 787-10 order for B77W and A333 replacement? It might be a good machine and range might cover all destination except US west and central America

emre787

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:43 am

ist2014 wrote:
Hi all,

2 questions :
1) are ex SU 350s equipped with crew rest area? If yes after IFE issues they might be deployed at ER flights as well

2) Do you see a chance of 787-10 order for B77W and A333 replacement? It might be a good machine and range might cover all destination except US west and central America

Hi,

1) yes they are, they're going to be deployed to New York JFK, Denpasar/Bali and Cape Town soon. At least they're scheduled to do so, it may change last minute

2) for A333 replacement, I definitely see a mix of 787-9 and 787-10. For the 77W, TK already said that they're evaluating the A35K and 777X, as only those aircraft can match and replace the 777s pax, cargo and range capabilities

A321Lufthansa

Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:45 am

That's a real shame that TK decided to make a unified version of seats for A359 and B789 as 787 features much narrower seats and that's why there are no more 18" economy seats in TK after 330/777.

HB-IWC

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 pm

Let's spare a thought for the passengers of TK187 IST IAD (B789 TC-LLM) today. The morning flight to DC left IST over 7 hours late and is actually beaten by the afternoon flight IST IAD TK007 (B77W TC-JJJ). Both flights took off virtually at the same time but the 77W should make it to IAD first.

Some heavy delays in the B789 schedule currently: TK162 IST SGN (TC-LLF) is 6 hours late, TK800 BOG PTY IST (TC-LLB) also 6 hours late, TK044 IST CPT (TC-LLK) left IST 3.5 hours late, TK133 IST IAH (TC-LLI) is 3 hours late, and TK191 IST DFW (TC-LLC) is now planned 4 hours late.

Unrealistic scheduling always catches up with you. I used to work at Swissair where a reserve of just 1 MD11 (total fleet of 19) during summer weekends would be considered reckless. We always had at least 2 spare frames available to play with mid-week. TK currently operates fleet of 15 B789 and has no spare whatsoever. The operation is mainly made unstable by the high number of cycles, not so much by the actual utilization numbers.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:23 pm

Saw some news about IST airport duty-free sales

Unifree Duty Free and ATÜ Duty Free are expanding their floor space beyond current 53,000sq/m including new walk-through stores in arrivals area.

Sales at IST grew 95% for the first 6-months of 2022 versus 2021 and reached about 70% of pre-covid sales volume.

A surprise has been strong demand for luxury merchandise even without the volume of big spending Asian customers. Additional 4,500sq/m of luxury brand stores including a Cartier outlet will be added in the departure wing as result this year.

Blerg wrote:

Most aircraft dont have brake cooling. Its an option on some Airbus models, but most customers dont purchase it, while Boeing does not generally offer it across its family.

stylo777

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:21 pm

Not sure if it has been covered here before, but Corendon seems to be really struggeling this summer with the ambitious schedule. They are canceling hundreds of flights across the board (even months in advance). At least 3 people/families in my circle have already been hit by this (all with different routings in June, Sep. and Oct.).

On their website they are blaming external providers "(...)in some extraordinary cases, flight cancellations may occur due to external disruptions. (...). The current staff shortages as well as the high volume of air traffic, which both lead to long queues at check-in counters and security checkpoints, are causing us a great deal of challenges.(...)" https://www.corendonairlines.com/about- ... cellations
In other news it was reported that around 1500 flights have been affected.

----
Personally, I don't buy it. Yes, there are tremendous and extraordinary challenges at European ports; however, I sense some masking of hidden internal factors here as well (e.g. miscalculating the availability of aircraft and crew in first place).
Btw. an extreme case of continious delayed ops is 9H-LEON, an A333 flying for them in wetlease and notoriously delayed on each and every flight since mid-July... https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-leon

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos