Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stewartg
Topic Author

MIA infrastructure updates

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:17 pm

The MIA website presents renovations to concourses E, F and G. What happened to the plans to convert F and G into a new concourse?

BTW, I personally dislike the new interior decorations of dark carpets, floor and ambiance. J was always this way. MIA is a tourist destination. Visitors go for the sun and the beach. I think that the North terminal did a great job of emulating the sand and lots of natural sunlight. You want your passengers to depart with a warm and fuzzy feeling of Florida; not a dark stormy day; as the interior decorator proclaims in the YouTube clip....

rbavfan

Re: MIA infrastructure updates

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:14 pm

What Youtube Clip?

stewartg
Topic Author

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:38 pm

rbavfan wrote:
What Youtube Clip?

go to the MIA website. Newsroom TAB. Search for renovations and for concourses F and G and you should get a few you tube clips of the interior designer

United_fan

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:51 pm

The G terminal is the crappiest terminal @ MIA.

N649DL

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 am

Terminal E or F was a Focus City used by UA after Pan Am was liquidated. I went through there in 2000 going to the Bahamas and the upper gates for International departures was quite busy and visited the RCC there which was in nice condition. It was the lower gates which looked vacant and not utilized. You also had that cool hotel with a swimming pool on the roof at the time (took a swim in that too). Plus connecting back to EWR was via ORD on a new UA 777 at the time. It had it's charm, slightly dated at the time, but didn't look bad. Probably needs a facelift by now though.

divemaster08

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:46 am

MIA E, F and G are in major need of an overhaul. I departed on BA A380 out of the E Satellite, alongside us was Qatar and Iberia..... and my god it was a dump. It hasnt changed in over 20 years and really needs to be overhauled.

Lets hope in the near future the powers at be create a program to make these older concourses feel more like D and J.

stewartg
Topic Author

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:49 am

Lower E's already went thru a facelift but spaces remained same size of course. My point is that there was a grand plan to demolish F and rebuilt E and G. They were to be rebuilt as the super E and super G. No more APM from upper to lower E. There was also an alternative for an airside concourse paralleling the new Central Terminal. Its all disappeared off the airport's pages. They limit to glorify the new carpets and tile in the remodeled concourses...

f35

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:04 am

rbavfan wrote:
What Youtube Clip?

I believe OP is referencing this video. I also wish OP posted a link.

https://youtu.be/yHRMnIRUvrw

I actually believe the new central terminal looks good!

rbavfan

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:19 am

What Youtube Clip?

stewartg
Topic Author

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:23 pm

rbavfan wrote:
What Youtube Clip?

Its here:
https://youtu.be/JcPJfyUvGKM

more stuff here:
https://www.miami-airport.com/capital_improvement.asp

Its all in the About us TAB in Passengers.

row44seatk

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:48 am

Nothing will happen at MIA until "The Boys Downtown" are guaranteed their slice of the booty. (See North Concourse construction/bid process debacle).

stewartg
Topic Author

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:50 pm

row44seatk wrote:
Nothing will happen at MIA until "The Boys Downtown" are guaranteed their slice of the booty. (See North Concourse construction/bid process debacle).

Agreed, it was worse than PTY South Terminal with Odebrecht and the Panama Papers. Then again, construction of J and the landside structure wasn't as bad...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos