Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

heretothere
Topic Author

Elite Airways Status?

Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Anyone have the inside scoop on Elite Airways? Does not appear they are operating or selling any service at the moment. The website claims they’re undergoing a res system upgrade, but not sure if that’s the whole story…

If you’re unfamiliar, Elite/7Q is a part 121 carrier operating CRJs in scheduled and charter service. As a small RJ carrier selling & operating non-EAS service, they are definitely a somewhat unique model in the industry, similar to Expressjet/Aha.

nkops

Re: Elite Airways Status?

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:07 pm

http://veronews.com/2022/07/14/elite-ai ... r-in-july/

Not entirely sure, but here is an article from July saying the crj-200's were due for mx. There seems to be more to the story but can't find any more recent articles

heretothere
Topic Author

Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:48 pm

nkops wrote:
http://veronews.com/2022/07/14/elite-airways-few-flights-from-vero-in-june-none-so-far-in-july/

Not entirely sure, but here is an article from July saying the crj-200's were due for mx. There seems to be more to the story but can't find any more recent articles

Thanks for sharing! Obviously not a great sign with that many cancels, even if it is maintenance related. Also doesn’t look like they ever got back on track in late July as the President said they would. If they are still planning a restart, seems like they’ll be in a tough spot heading into Fall without any bookings. Adding the fact that they don’t appear to be doing any charters currently makes me think they are having bigger issues than the Vero specific ones mentioned in the article.

TexasAirCorp

Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:47 pm

As of the end of July, all of their aircraft have been placed in storage, most are currently at TUS. Their booking system has also been 'down for maintenance' for at least the last few days. Their original plan post-COVID was to focus more on the charter side, however not sure how that's possible with no operational aircraft. Their VRB operation was always a bit of a joke.

I believe they ran into some financial trouble as COVID hit. VRB kicked them out for a while due to debt, and they ended up returning most of their aircraft to their lessors. Somehow though they rebuilt their fleet last year and VRB let them back in.

To be honest, I'm stunned that they managed to stay alive even before COVID. I'd like to say they could surprise everyone and come back fighting, however I have a feeling their total death may be just round the corner.

Also found this recent photo of N96EA in pretty poor shape with no engines: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10565224

Kronesian

Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:48 am

MLB kicked them out because they would never pay for fuel. Honestly, they have such a strange operation it is a miracle they have even made it this far.

TexasAirCorp

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:16 pm

Am aware this is an old thread but just stumbled upon some interesting information, seems the reason why Elite isn't flying is that its insurer has cancelled its coverage. It's also been barred from flying into Vero Beach since July due to outstanding fees.

http://veronews.com/2022/09/16/has-elit ... from-vero/

travaz

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:02 pm

TexasAirCorp wrote:
Am aware this is an old thread but just stumbled upon some interesting information, seems the reason why Elite isn't flying is that its insurer has cancelled its coverage. It's also been barred from flying into Vero Beach since July due to outstanding fees.

http://veronews.com/2022/09/16/has-elit ... from-vero/

Interesting that their website shows flights in November. I wouldn't give them any money. I think they are dead man walking.

debonair

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:47 pm

travaz wrote:
Interesting that their website shows flights in November. I wouldn't give them any money. I think they are dead man walking.

I tried to book, fares are shown, however on the next step you will receive the message SOLD OUT!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos