Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 12/22: Looking back on another year

Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:54 pm

And another year passes by (nearly); 2022 hasn't been a bad year at all for Irish aviation and this month saw some interesting developments:

- Several new FR routes from DUB and SNN for Summer 2023
- Several airlines already announcing new services from DUB for summer 2023 (FI, TK, MS, DL, VY and HU charters)
- UPS adding slots, possibly for SDF flights?
- EL AL finally announces DUB-TLV
- Waterford to begin runway extension from January, to 7,500'.
- Kenny Jacobs announced as new DAA CEO
- EI to increase SEA to daily from Summer 2023
- Emerald announces new ground handling operation; to increase significantly from DUB in Summer 2023
- Wideroe launches DUB-BGO from Summer 2023
- MO'L complaining about 737 Max deliveries (late)
- FR to fit scimitar winglets to current 738 fleet.

Just to continue a discussion on the last few threads about EI's 330 fleet and EIK/EIL apparently leased until 2024. With delays to A321 XLR, the airline looks like it might have a lot of fleet challenges for summer 2024. Are two of the A332s definitely coming back? I understand there is a widebody fleet renewal plan under way at IAG, not just for EI but the whole IAG operation. EI will certainly get a look-in. IAG will want to grow the t/a routes and "DubHub" concept. The A339 has been mentioned and yes, it's an easy option, because let's face it, there aren't many more experienced A330 operators than EI ... but where's the growth? Yes, there is understandable hesitation given the experience of Covid, but they do need to grow their business. Neither the A339 nor 787-9/10 would offer any growth, and of course, the 787 would be a totally new type. The 778/779 are too big (and God only knows when they will enter service), so I think that for EI's future, everything points to the A350-900/1000; the -900 wouldn't offer a large amount of capacity, though you'd have an extra seat per row. The -1000 would offer significant new capacity, though. I think if EI is to grow the hub at DUB, which has been central to its strategy for some years now, it needs to start looking at larger types; I'd see an A330-900 order as playing too safe and it would be disappointing.

OA260

Re: Irish 12/22: Looking back on another year

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:23 pm

The menu on TATL certainly needs a makeover. Its a bit boring and bland. It would not take that much to improve it. No need to fork out thousands on celebrity chefs its just a bit of common sense needed.

--

EL AL seem to be doing well on advance pilgrimage group bookings on the TLV route which is great for filling those seats.

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:26 pm

Just out of interest, I thought I'd do a quick comparison of the current A330 fleet and what, based on this, it's configuration might be on an A350-900 and -1000.

- There is room for 4 extra seat rows and of course, the aircraft is wider, so that's an extra seat per row. The current configuration is C30 Y287. Assuming that the extra capacity would be Y only, that would translate to 35 extra seats (i.e. one seat per row) and 4 further rows of 9 abreast, which would be 71 seats, for C30 Y358). Now - and I say this with the optimism of someone who buys the odd Euromillions ticket - if Aer Lingus were to innovate, they could have that 3 rows of Premium Economy at 8 abreast, making for C30 W24 Y322. Alternatively, if they wanted to add an extra row of Premier, that could come out at C 36 Y340 or C36 W32 Y331.

Using the considerably longer A35K as an example and leaving J class at 36, the extra length would translate to 143 Economy seats - 12 rows of 9 (108), plus 35, for C30 Y430. Being a bit innovative, that would also translate to 1 extra row of Premier, 5 rows of Premium Economy (40) and 5 rows of Economy (45), for C36 W40 Y367.

The A35K is quite a step up in capacity, but for the premium routes, JFK/ORD and possibly one or two of the west coast routes, there could probably be a case for a significant capacity increase, but of course, the A35K is a very sought after aircraft (and likely to remain so if the 778/9 keep getting pushed out), so the A359 would probably be the most likely choice, with an option to roll over to 35Ks as the hub operation grows further.

HTCone

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:39 pm

The sidewalls of the A350 are being modified to accommodate 10 abreast in Y. The question is could EI fill them in winter and is it too much aircraft capacity wise? They would probably cover themselves on West Coast due the greater fuel efficiency but that extra weight might be a detriment on East Coast, and you need to fill them to cover that extra weight. They are a very in demand aircraft, not as much opportunity for a bargain in acquisition costs vs the 330 Neo.

alancostello

Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:43 pm

kaitak wrote:
Just out of interest, I thought I'd do a quick comparison of the current A330 fleet and what, based on this, it's configuration might be on an A350-900 and -1000.

- There is room for 4 extra seat rows and of course, the aircraft is wider, so that's an extra seat per row. The current configuration is C30 Y287. Assuming that the extra capacity would be Y only, that would translate to 35 extra seats (i.e. one seat per row) and 4 further rows of 9 abreast, which would be 71 seats, for C30 Y358). Now - and I say this with the optimism of someone who buys the odd Euromillions ticket - if Aer Lingus were to innovate, they could have that 3 rows of Premium Economy at 8 abreast, making for C30 W24 Y322. Alternatively, if they wanted to add an extra row of Premier, that could come out at C 36 Y340 or C36 W32 Y331.

Using the considerably longer A35K as an example and leaving J class at 36, the extra length would translate to 143 Economy seats - 12 rows of 9 (108), plus 35, for C30 Y430. Being a bit innovative, that would also translate to 1 extra row of Premier, 5 rows of Premium Economy (40) and 5 rows of Economy (45), for C36 W40 Y367.

The A35K is quite a step up in capacity, but for the premium routes, JFK/ORD and possibly one or two of the west coast routes, there could probably be a case for a significant capacity increase, but of course, the A35K is a very sought after aircraft (and likely to remain so if the 778/9 keep getting pushed out), so the A359 would probably be the most likely choice, with an option to roll over to 35Ks as the hub operation grows further.

If EI ever do bring the A359 online and launch Premium Economy (which the TA JV might incline them to do) I'd assume they'd be in an identical layout to IB's A359s, with J31 (or however many of EI's seats can fit between L1 and L2), W24, and Y293.

Eitilt

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:10 pm

Aer Lingus must have been listening to you OA260.
The business class menu changed totally during November .

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs/bu ... -ex-ie.pdf

ShamrockBoi330

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:15 pm

alancostello wrote:
kaitak wrote:

If EI ever do bring the A359 online and launch Premium Economy (which the TA JV might incline them to do) I'd assume they'd be in an identical layout to IB's A359s, with J31 (or however many of EI's seats can fit between L1 and L2), W24, and Y293.

I for one hope EI stick with 330s and go a339 route, much prefer the 2:4:2 configuration personally and go out of my way to fly that over some of the other options out there! Except on those occasions I'm at the pointy end, then I don't care!

EK770

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:22 pm

Eitilt wrote:

Great to see a change, looks decent. Wonder how many years will that be in use? Plenty of airlines change their menus monthly or at least seasonally... The likes of EK even change Y meals every month!

georgiabill

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:28 pm

Is there any chance EI might consider flights between DUB and Del or BOM 3 or 4 weekly? Would JNB be within range of their A330'S? Would that be a potential route for EI?

YUAND

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 pm

But why do EI need to grow in terms of capacity per flight? If they have a hub strategy long term would frequency not make more sense? That third daily JFK could be brought back for example and could be replicated on other routes needing a boost. It could encourage feed from more routes than before and help the stagnant euro network grow somewhat.

We also need to remember that a lot of the A333 fleet isn’t actually that old, hence my thinking that leased A333 capacity might be a temporary way to go for a few years, once the cabins are refitted of course!

OA260

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 pm

Eitilt wrote:

Will be good to see some photos and feedback.
They have been sending out surveys on catering for a while now so Id say it was feedback from their TATL commuters that swung it . It would be good to have a
change every 3 months as some of these people fly over and back on a near weekly basis. The description
does look promising though .

alancostello

Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:48 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Is there any chance EI might consider flights between DUB and Del or BOM 3 or 4 weekly? Would JNB be within range of their A330'S? Would that be a potential route for EI?

These kinds of routes have been discussed many times in these threads. The short answer is no, the long answer is also no. DUB is not in a good position geographically for Europeans to travel east or south, nor does it have as strong a domestic connection to India or South Africa as the UK does. IB couldn’t make JNB work out of MAD and it was significantly more geographically advantageous and had many more connecting options to JNB (as well as onward domestic SA bookings on BA/Comair at the time). EK and QR dominate on Europe-India for very good reasons, EI just can’t compete. They do well TA and that’s where their business will remain for the foreseeable future.

OA260

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:56 am

Ryanair boss Michael O’Leary ‘concerned’ at possible Dublin Airport staff shortages at Christmas

“They’re talking about putting in 3D scanners in the spring, but they’re talking actually about taking out existing lanes to put in 3D scanners which will reduce security capacity at Dublin Airport.

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ ... 86379.html

Hopefully its just the usual MOL rant and the issues are not realised during the holiday season.

LH982

Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:22 pm

OA260 wrote:
Ryanair boss Michael O’Leary ‘concerned’ at possible Dublin Airport staff shortages at Christmas

“They’re talking about putting in 3D scanners in the spring, but they’re talking actually about taking out existing lanes to put in 3D scanners which will reduce security capacity at Dublin Airport.

https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/ ... 86379.html

Hopefully its just the usual MOL rant and the issues are not realised during the holiday season.

They already have some of the security lanes boarded off in T1, but to be honest I've never seen them all open anyway.

shamrock321

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:34 pm

YUAND wrote:
But why do EI need to grow in terms of capacity per flight? If they have a hub strategy long term would frequency not make more sense? That third daily JFK could be brought back for example and could be replicated on other routes needing a boost. It could encourage feed from more routes than before and help the stagnant euro network grow somewhat.

We also need to remember that a lot of the A333 fleet isn’t actually that old, hence my thinking that leased A333 capacity might be a temporary way to go for a few years, once the cabins are refitted of course!

The 3rd JFK was useless for connections… it left before even the early LHR got to DUB and got back close to midnight…

As for MOL voicing worries about staff shortages…this will just scare people into turning up well before their flights causing security jams that don’t really need to be a thing…

YUAND

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:41 pm

shamrock321 wrote:
YUAND wrote:

The 3rd JFK was useless for connections… it left before even the early LHR got to DUB and got back close to midnight…

As for MOL voicing worries about staff shortages…this will just scare people into turning up well before their flights causing security jams that don’t really need to be a thing…

It could prove good for connections if they resume nightstopping in Europe which may be preferable due to stand capacity in DUB. If EI are looking to grow that would certainly be a good start.

IrishStevS

Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:07 pm

YUAND wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
YUAND wrote:

It could prove good for connections if they resume nightstopping in Europe which may be preferable due to stand capacity in DUB. If EI are looking to grow that would certainly be a good start.

This won’t be happening. It’s too costy for Aer Lingus as they are quite tight with anything that calls for extra cost. Particularly with overnighting crews abroad in Europe and so. Even the LHR overnights were looked at coming to an end and BA earlier flights would do the job but too many complications with terminal use and so. I suspect the LHR overnights won’t last in the long term though. And European nightstopping you can forget about it. Sure look at BCN they even started using the early Vueling flight to connect to Dublin as a point of sale to a long haul flight. They’d rather even have Ryanair doing an early FCO-DUB flight than overnighting their own 320s which would call for a cost increase (this « Ryanair connection »was the plan a few years ago as some will remember, until Ryanair said they’d take no responsibility on lost baggage).

Jake801

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:37 pm

Comments from Sean Doyle pre-COVID at a Business Breakfast in Cork was that a smaller aircraft fleet (e.g. Embraer) would be better for certain markets like Cork/Shannon to Western Europe or overnighting from Dublin in European stations but the financials on that size aircraft didn't stack up with FR as their competitor. Not sure if I fully believe that but clearly EI have looked at the 100-seater jet to support growth and they can't make the numbers work. Would overnighting crew in CDG, FCO, AMS plus a few UK airports really drive costs up that significantly given the gains to be made on inbound transfers and EU-US market share capture?

OA260

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:28 pm

I had a great flight with EI today ACE - DUB. Crew were great and BOB fully stocked. Landed early after a 4 hour duration. Pleasant afternoon landing back into DUB. 133 on todays flight. Terminal 2 has been nicely decorated for Christmas.

LH982

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:10 pm

Looks like 28R opps have been extended. Still in use for departures this evening. Great to have a straight in approach

AirBourne

Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Would a A330-8/9 mix be a good order for an eventual long haul replacement? The A330-800 could upgage some A321 routes doing well and the A321 could be used to launch new frequencies to the likes of EWR/JFK and BOS or some new secondary cities?

IrishStevS

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:02 pm

Jake801 wrote:
Comments from Sean Doyle pre-COVID at a Business Breakfast in Cork was that a smaller aircraft fleet (e.g. Embraer) would be better for certain markets like Cork/Shannon to Western Europe or overnighting from Dublin in European stations but the financials on that size aircraft didn't stack up with FR as their competitor. Not sure if I fully believe that but clearly EI have looked at the 100-seater jet to support growth and they can't make the numbers work. Would overnighting crew in CDG, FCO, AMS plus a few UK airports really drive costs up that significantly given the gains to be made on inbound transfers and EU-US market share capture?

CDG and AMS were nightstopping stations and ended in 2005 for two reasons : cost and little need. The two early flight that depart Dub-Ams-dub and Cdg still arrive back in DUB early enough to provide connections to all Aer lingus services with exception to the early JFK but you still have a later flight.

Aer Lingus would rather offer the earlier connection through a codeshare partner like they already do from BCN/ORY than nightstopping abroad. As a management decision the mindset is spend as little as possible and squeeze as max as possible for example even the Aer lingus a330-300 density 30-287, you wont find any other european legacy carrier offering so many seats in the same aircraft. Basically at the cost of reducing simple things like extra bulkheads or crew galleys etc.
This also applies for example; no business class on their short haul european flights as this would call for catering costs instead of all day bars.
Cabins don’t get cleaned on turnarounds (since 2015) mainly outstation because it’s too costy. All aircraft are crewed at legal minimum crew levels hence things like introducing premium economy not even being considered by higher management (again, it’d bring extra costa etc).

To resume, « it has a cost so don’t do it» has been Aer Lingus the management mentality for many years but it has gone far worse since IAG took over, as the board wants to prove that Aer Lingus can produce a good profitability no matter the expense. So nightstopping in Europe won’t be happening anytime soon and I am surprised if the London Heathrow nightstopps don’t disappear soon enough too (that was protected by Government slot obligations which expired in 09/2022).
Last edited by IrishStevS on Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iRISH251

Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:04 pm

LH982 wrote:
Looks like 28R opps have been extended. Still in use for departures this evening. Great to have a straight in approach

North runway operates 0900-1800 with effect from today, I believe.

OA260

Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:16 pm

Post on the TDs Facebook page regarding Ryanair.

OA260

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:35 am

Ryanair November figures are out and passenger numbers are up 10%.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/1 ... -november/

Jake801

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:40 am

OA260 wrote:

Post on the TDs Facebook page regarding Ryanair.

A commitment subject to 'favourable commercial agreements,' this is always the trade off with Ryanair that airports have to contend with. Don't envy the WAT team, no doubt there's demand for a London service but the cost to get a single FR flight to service it will be murder for their EBITDA.

EI321

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:33 pm

Would have to wonder if its worth all the govt investment just for one daily flight, Ryanair have a history of dropping routes very quickly. The developer that has bought WAT airport has a history of just hoarding irish land assets rather than actually developing them and has left multiple prime development sites derelict a decade after buying them from NAMA.

EI320

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Another headwind for nightstops is the increased reliance on European point-of-sale traffic. Late evening departures ex DUB and early morning departures ex Europe don’t suit the majority of Irish-based travellers. While a nightstop creates a more attractive schedule for the Europe-based traveller, the business traveller is already well served by AF, KL, LH etc at CDG, AMS and FRA respectively. It is no easy feat to poach business travellers away from the FB / M&M programs with a suboptimal, unaligned program like AerClub that really only makes sense for Irish travellers. EI could pick up some additional leisure traffic, but leisure demand into Ireland is notoriously seasonal. As for connecting traffic, there is insufficient volume to fill nightstopping A320s into DUB each morning. The early morning KL, LH services ex DUB are filled with connections. This would not be the case for EI ex Europe. The long-haul network ex DUB simply isn’t big enough.

So whatever about the cost (which I believe could be justified if the revenue equation made sense), I don’t see EI nightstops leading to anything but cash burn. Better to let partners shuttle the feed where possible.

Jake801

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:24 pm

You can really see the challenge that EI and FR have in filling the early arrivals from the UK into DUB, that early LHR departure often reported LF below 50% before COVID, must be one of the weakest of EI's DUB-LHR rotations. FR, even with their ability to stimulate demand also seems to struggle with the early inbounds to Ireland from the UK.

Would still have thought the big European spots for transfer (CDG, AMS, FCO) would be worth going after; these are also the 3 without partner airlines. Can really see how an aggressive Vueling expansion into FCO could be hugely beneficial for EI. Unsure if ORY will be as helpful as CDG.

Eirules

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm

Apparently Norse Atlantic will launch DUB-JFK/BOS for next summer

https://twitter.com/ishriona/status/159 ... lu9uKpachA

aviator2000

Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Eirules wrote:

Well it'll certainly be interesting to watch out how this plays out.. how many carriers are there now on dub-bos?

Eirules

Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:40 pm

They'll be the third after EI & DL. On NYC they’ll be the 4th with UA also offering EWR-DUB.

PhilipBass

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:45 am

Do Norse Atlantic have a Unique Selling Point?

review of flying experience for Norse Atlantic
https://thriftytraveler.com/reviews/air ... c-economy/

AmricanShamrok

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:41 am

Eirules wrote:

I wonder if this will put a spanner in the works for B6 (which was apparently considering DUB recently according to rumours on here).

nickya340

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:54 am

I think CDG and GVA took precedence over DUB for B6 for now, although both N0 and B6 will fly CDG-JFK in S23 albeit with a bigger market.

BrianDromey

Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:17 pm

PhilipBass wrote:

They offer cheap one-way fares and their premium fares are also good. The issue is that one-ways and PE are some of the more profitable fares, so their ability to make money is questionable.

OA260

Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:56 pm

PhilipBass wrote:

If you are looking for a PE then they are a no brainer. Their fares are often similar to Y on competitors.

Galwayman

Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm

OA260 wrote:
PhilipBass wrote:

If you are looking for a PE then they are a no brainer. Their fares are often similar to Y on competitors.

Totally agree. Just for those great value Premium Economy airfares, Norse is fantastic addition from Dublin

SRGVA67

Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm

nickya340 wrote:
I think CDG and GVA took precedence over DUB for B6 for now, although both N0 and B6 will fly CDG-JFK in S23 albeit with a bigger market.

CDG is a fact as from next year but where do you get GVA from ? Any specific source beside the job ad where GEO was mixed up with GVA ?

nickya340

Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm

SRGVA67 wrote:
nickya340 wrote:

CDG is a fact as from next year but where do you get GVA from ? Any specific source beside the job ad where GEO was mixed up with GVA ?

Yes your right, apologies, GVA isn’t confirmed but they were advertising for a GVA based manager.

adamh8297

Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:16 pm

nickya340 wrote:
SRGVA67 wrote:
nickya340 wrote:

Yes your right, apologies, GVA isn’t confirmed but they were advertising for a GVA based manager.

It was GEO. Reposting bots twisted the posting a bit on linkedin and other platforms.

I'm guessing the Norse BOS-DUB flight will not be daily.

EI320

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:20 pm

First spin on the EI A320neo today. Exceeded my (suitably low) expectations. The cabin felt airy and the seat and legroom were perfectly fine for the short hop to LHR. I felt the seat comfort was superior to the BA NEO (in Y) and broadly in line with the LH NEO. While it’s disappointing to lose the headrest, this seat type does seem to be the new market standard intra-Europe. No complaints and would take it over the FR MAX 8-200 any day.

EISG1129

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:08 pm

I see last night's EI134 (BOS-SNN) diverted to YYT. After some time on the ground, it then continued to SNN at 02:12am local time. (Source: Flight Radar 24)
Anybody know the reason for the diversion?

Thank you.

shamrocka330

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:40 pm

EISG1129 wrote:
I see last night's EI134 (BOS-SNN) diverted to YYT. After some time on the ground, it then continued to SNN at 02:12am local time. (Source: Flight Radar 24)
Anybody know the reason for the diversion?

Thank you.

Medical diversion.

Think that’s bad, check out EI-EIM and the flight from Seattle on Flightradar24. Supposed to depart on Nov 30th….cancelled until 2nd Dec….departed on the 2nd and then returned to Seattle after 30 mins….aircraft is still there, grounded with an engine issue.

OA260

Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:56 pm

I flew EI DUB - ZRH yesterday. 158 passengers so was quite busy. Alot of business traffic it seemed. Boarded at 335 gates guy at the scanners before you are allowed to board the bus was on a go slow ! Also some passengers confused as the main terminal screens showed gate 335 but the screens before you go down the escalators to 335 did not show the flight at all . Its happened on a few occasions.

aerlingusa330

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:30 pm

YUAND wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
YUAND wrote:

I'd love to see the daytime JFK return. I thought it was great for Eastbound travel and reduced jetlag.

Jake801

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:38 am

aerlingusa330 wrote:

I'd love to see the daytime JFK return. I thought it was great for Eastbound travel and reduced jetlag.

DUB-JFK must be able to support a 3rd daily with the LR, if the daytime rotation didn't work then why not an evening departure 19:00 or 20:00 from DUB, like they have in LHR. Would require a very late, nearly 00:00 departure from JFK but its still doable, land back in DUB late morning do a loop or two to LHR or EU and repeat.

OA260

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:02 am

aerlingusa330 wrote:

Id like to see this return also . I have done it JFK - LHR and after many overnights this was my best flight and no jet lag at all . Maybe late 2023/24 would be a good time for a launch as numbers are further boosted .

EK770

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 am

Jake801 wrote:
aerlingusa330 wrote:

DUB-JFK must be able to support a 3rd daily with the LR, if the daytime rotation didn't work then why not an evening departure 19:00 or 20:00 from DUB, like they have in LHR. Would require a very late, nearly 00:00 departure from JFK but its still doable, land back in DUB late morning do a loop or two to LHR or EU and repeat.

Alternatively, with a later departure ex DUB to JFK e.g. 2000 dep 2230 arr, they could overnight in JFK for a daylight 0700 dep-1800 arr on the return to DUB.

OA260

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:35 pm

EK770 wrote:
Jake801 wrote:
aerlingusa330 wrote:

Alternatively, with a later departure ex DUB to JFK e.g. 2000 dep 2230 arr, they could overnight in JFK for a daylight 0700 dep-1800 arr on the return to DUB.

0900 / 2000 would be better

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos