Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DFWGlobeTrotter

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion - 2023

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:21 am

SumChristianus wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
The E-145s have been completely phased out of all of the Texas markets. CIDFlyer is correct - CMI-DFW is the only DFW Eagle route on the E-145. They have been replaced in Texas as follows:

I wonder how they'll work that route's aircraft rotation though: Would AA realistically have one ERJ just flying DFW-CMI and return with no backups or other routes to rotate it to in DFW?

Good question, and I honestly don’t know. My guess is that the route will either shift to another aircraft soon,’or if it’s too thin, AA will just drop CMI-DFW altogether and serve CMI exclusively from ORD.

SumChristianus

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 am

alasizon wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
The E-145s have been completely phased out of all of the Texas markets. CIDFlyer is correct - CMI-DFW is the only DFW Eagle route on the E-145. They have been replaced in Texas as follows:

I wonder how they'll work that route's aircraft rotation though: Would AA realistically have one ERJ just flying DFW-CMI and return with no backups or other routes to rotate it to in DFW?

Every night there is the opportunity in CMI to rotate the plane back to ORD if needed. Both ORD and DFW have a RON.

I'm just wondering what AA will do starting June 1st when ORD-CMI goes Air Wisconsin CR2s. It seems more likely to me that DFW-CMI will also go Air Wisconsin CR2s or a larger aircraft on another regional.

DFWGlobeTrotter

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:30 am

SumChristianus wrote:
alasizon wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Every night there is the opportunity in CMI to rotate the plane back to ORD if needed. Both ORD and DFW have a RON.

I'm just wondering what AA will do starting June 1st when ORD-CMI goes Air Wisconsin CR2s. It seems more likely to me that DFW-CMI will also go Air Wisconsin CR2s or a larger aircraft on another regional.

As I alluded to earlier, I’m wondering if AA would drop DFW-CMI entirely. I am admittedly unfamiliar with the market and don’t know what DFW gives CMI travelers that ORD does not, but I wouldn’t think it’s all that significant. Feel free to correct me.

alasizon

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:32 am

SumChristianus wrote:
alasizon wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Envoy is stopping all ER4 flying by May anyhow so it'll either go to an Air Whiskey 200 or they'll likely lose one of the flights per day and the other will go to a CR7.

JohanTally

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:42 am

alasizon wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Envoy is stopping all ER4 flying by May anyhow so it'll either go to an Air Whiskey 200 or they'll likely lose one of the flights per day and the other will go to a CR7.

Starting May 5th it shows twice daily MQ E175s but the May flight schedule isn't finalized.

DFWGlobeTrotter

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:01 am

JohanTally wrote:
alasizon wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:

Starting May 5th it shows twice daily MQ E175s but the May flight schedule isn't finalized.

The 2x daily nature of CMI-DFW may be an issue here. There may not be enough demand to justify multiple 175s per day.

For example, DFW-ABI was typically 7x/day on the -145. Now that it’s moved to the -175, it’s 3-4x/day. For routes that are 2x/day, there’s not much room to cut frequencies.

Again, I know little to nothing about the CMI market, so I won’t make any bold predictions, but I’m curious if the DFW route would be completely eliminated.

n797mx

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:09 am

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
CMI-DFW is the only DFW Eagle route on the E-145.

SGF-DFW will occasionally have a turn too.

n797mx

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:22 am

N619AE Ferried to MZJ for retirement:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N61 ... /KABI/KMZJ

N870NC ferried from MZJ to ABI for conformity:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N87 ... /KMZJ/KABI

N631RW ferried ABI to FTW, presumably for paint:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N63 ... /KABI/KFTW

KCaviator

Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:36 pm

Doesn't MQ have a maintenance base in CMI? Will that close with the retirement of the 145s?

MLIAA

Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:48 pm

KCaviator wrote:
Doesn't MQ have a maintenance base in CMI? Will that close with the retirement of the 145s?

CMI has played a role in 145 maintenance for both Envoy and Piedmont through ORD DFW and formerly CLT service for years. I believe it is outsourced to Flightstar in Champaign but I could be wrong.

Now that CLT is gone and the Envoy 145s will be gone, it's unclear if they will retain all the service they currently have. They get 175s sporadically but I don't think the 175s will be maintained there like the 145s.

I would compare CMI to COU, should retain service to ORD and DFW but there won't be much frequency.

arc727

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:38 pm

I've noticed some ORD routes (ORD-AZO, for example) are now being operated by Piedmont. I didn't realize Piedmont even served ORD.

Are they establishing a base there, or is this just a temporary transition period between an Envoy phase-out and Air Wisconsin phase-in?

alasizon

Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:18 pm

arc727 wrote:
I've noticed some ORD routes (ORD-AZO, for example) are now being operated by Piedmont. I didn't realize Piedmont even served ORD.

Are they establishing a base there, or is this just a temporary transition period between an Envoy phase-out and Air Wisconsin phase-in?

Piedmont has been operating flights out of ORD for a while now. It started during the COVID era and has ebbed and flowed since then.

CIDFlyer

Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:49 pm

CMI-DFW has been around for years so if I had to guess it will either go one daily E75 or CR7

arc727

Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:00 pm

alasizon wrote:
arc727 wrote:

Piedmont has been operating flights out of ORD for a while now. It started during the COVID era and has ebbed and flowed since then.

Thanks for the clarification, I didn’t realize that. I guess I’m not sure what the benefit of having Piedmont operate at ORD would be, given they only have ER4s, which is what Envoy has also been using (up until soon, that is).

Meanwhile, it looks like DFW is going to be down to just Envoy E75s and SkyWest CR7s once Mesa leaves in a couple months. Perhaps a random PSA CR9 thrown in there as well?

theVagabond

Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:57 pm

arc727 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
arc727 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, I didn’t realize that. I guess I’m not sure what the benefit of having Piedmont operate at ORD would be, given they only have ER4s, which is what Envoy has also been using (up until soon, that is).

Meanwhile, it looks like DFW is going to be down to just Envoy E75s and SkyWest CR7s once Mesa leaves in a couple months. Perhaps a random PSA CR9 thrown in there as well?

I thought I read where PSA will open a CR9 base at DFW?

MLIAA

Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 am

arc727 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
arc727 wrote:

PSA has announced a DFW crew base so they will be in the mix as well.

kbmiflyer

Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:17 am

KCaviator wrote:

CMI used to have 4 of 5 ERJ-145's layover every night, one from DFW, one from CLT (for a while) and several from ORD for overnight maintenance in Champaign. It was always easy to get a seat on an ORD- CMI flight if my ORD-BMI flight was cancelled.

The number of RON aircraft has dwindled over the years , but I believe they still do overnight work for both Envoy and Piedmont. In fact, they celebrated their 1000th overnight Engine Change.

https://www.aviationpros.com/aircraft/m ... s-aircraft

n797mx

Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 am

theVagabond wrote:
arc727 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Not just CR9s. They're already sending -700s to DFW.

theVagabond

Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:00 pm

n797mx wrote:
theVagabond wrote:
arc727 wrote:

Not just CR9s. They're already sending -700s to DFW.

Makes sense...thanks. When I read about the new Base, I just assumed they would be bringing in CR9's to backfill Mesa but more CR7's will help with all of the E-145 reductions (assuming Air Whisky doesn't fly CR2's here at DFW...god I hope not).

Bear242

Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:39 am

Do anyone know if aircraft N780NC that is enroute from HNL to TUS is another aircraft for Envoy Airlines ???

n797mx

Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:37 am

Bear242 wrote:
Do anyone know if aircraft N780NC that is enroute from HNL to TUS is another aircraft for Envoy Airlines ???

I haven't heard anything about it. Between the current NAC planes and the Republic birds, getting a dock for conformity is going to be tough.

TripleA

Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:05 am

Anyone know what's up with N872DC, SkyWest CR7. Says it flew DFW-SGU back in late December and hasn't flown since. I don't think SGU is a maintenance base, is it?

TripleA

Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:20 am

Also, on a somewhat unrelated topic, does anyone have any insight on why the windows on SkyWest's CR7s are so filthy? Many of their 700s flying for Eagle have dirty windows that in some cases are so bad you can barely see out of them. And the issue seems to mostly be concentrated on just their 700s. The OO 200s don't seem to have this problem. And honestly, no other airline I've flown seems to have this issue as widespread as SkyWest does with its 700s.

alasizon

Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:56 pm

TripleA wrote:
Anyone know what's up with N872DC, SkyWest CR7. Says it flew DFW-SGU back in late December and hasn't flown since. I don't think SGU is a maintenance base, is it?

SGU has been a transitional base of sorts, aircraft will come in and sit for a few weeks at a time and there was some light maintenance getting some on them at one point, not sure if that is still the case. It's basically another place to park ready to go spares that is easy to get crew to as opposed to a hub where parking is limited.

TripleA wrote:
Also, on a somewhat unrelated topic, does anyone have any insight on why the windows on SkyWest's CR7s are so filthy? Many of their 700s flying for Eagle have dirty windows that in some cases are so bad you can barely see out of them. And the issue seems to mostly be concentrated on just their 700s. The OO 200s don't seem to have this problem. And honestly, no other airline I've flown seems to have this issue as widespread as SkyWest does with its 700s.

CRJ windows are very prone to scratching for whatever reason and a lot of the ex-UA 700s that came over to the AA side were in terrible condition (window wise) when they joined the fleet. I'm not sure OO is able to necessarily do anything other than replace the windows which is a pretty painful process based on my limited understanding.

Some of Mesa's CR9s from the original Freedom batch have the same problem.

amcnd

Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:49 pm

SkyWest announced opening of a ERJ pilot base..

alasizon

Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:50 pm

amcnd wrote:
SkyWest announced opening of a ERJ pilot base..

In PHX for reference.

12 pilots initially so not a huge base but it is supposed to grow however given the E175 training backlog, it's going to take a while.

I can see these pilots ending up with a great trip quality though as the current PHX 175 lines can easily meet 30-35 hours of credit on a 4 day.

JohanTally

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:11 pm

At CLT Contour Airlines is moving to Concourse E starting March 23rd utilizing E1, E2, and E3 and will average 13 daily flights. Below the wing will be Piedmont employees with Contour providing above the wing services. The primary aircraft will be E135/140/145s and the occasional CR2.

atrude777

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:15 pm

JohanTally wrote:
At CLT Contour Airlines is moving to Concourse E starting March 23rd utilizing E1, E2, and E3 and will average 13 daily flights. Below the wing will be Piedmont employees with Contour providing above the wing services. The primary aircraft will be E135/140/145s and the occasional CR2.

This is good, this should hopefully make things easier for connecting passengers, and operationally as well with Piedmont ground handling on the ramp...

Now when will they fix the ticketing issue and offer AA miles?! :-D

Glad to hear it! Thanks for update!

Alex

JohanTally

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:19 pm

atrude777 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

This is good, this should hopefully make things easier for connecting passengers, and operationally as well with Piedmont ground handling on the ramp...

Now when will they fix the ticketing issue and offer AA miles?! :-D

Glad to hear it! Thanks for update!

Alex

Definitely a positive move because this also will free up gates on A concourse for mainline flying.

gennadius

Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 am

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
alasizon wrote:

The 2x daily nature of CMI-DFW may be an issue here. There may not be enough demand to justify multiple 175s per day.

For example, DFW-ABI was typically 7x/day on the -145. Now that it’s moved to the -175, it’s 3-4x/day. For routes that are 2x/day, there’s not much room to cut frequencies.

Again, I know little to nothing about the CMI market, so I won’t make any bold predictions, but I’m curious if the DFW route would be completely eliminated.

The CMI-DFW route has for years been a strong performer, and in the years immediately before the pandemic, there was talk of making one or both of the daily flights 175s, but the 145s being maintained at CMI often pushed that changeover further out schedule wise. As air travel recovered, the DFW frequencies and their strength returned almost right away, relatively speaking. If traffic returns to the levels pre-pandemic for CMI, I would think the 2 DFW frequencies would remain.

kbmiflyer wrote:
KCaviator wrote:

CMI used to have 4 of 5 ERJ-145's layover every night, one from DFW, one from CLT (for a while) and several from ORD for overnight maintenance in Champaign. It was always easy to get a seat on an ORD- CMI flight if my ORD-BMI flight was cancelled.

The number of RON aircraft has dwindled over the years , but I believe they still do overnight work for both Envoy and Piedmont. In fact, they celebrated their 1000th overnight Engine Change.

https://www.aviationpros.com/aircraft/m ... s-aircraft

CMI had shown good growth in the few years immediately before the pandemic, and there was a stretch where there indeed were 4 RON aircraft that turned and did the early morning departures, 2 to ORD, 1 to DFW and 1 to CLT. There may have even been a time, depending on the schedule, where it was 5 and there were 3 early ORD departures. It remained at the 3 to 4 RON level right up until the pandemic started.

Flightstar does indeed still do overnight work for the 145s, I am not sure if they have anything contracted for the 175s but I know that they did expand hangar space a few years ago in anticipation of the 175s becoming primary as the 145s were drawn down.

jmc1975

Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:46 am

Have any schedules or routes been announced for Air Wisconsin’s ORD network?

SumChristianus

Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:07 am

jmc1975 wrote:

Aeroroutes posted initial routes starting April 4th: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221208-a ... sconsin%20

Chicago O’Hare – Appleton 4 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Cedar Rapids 1 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Dayton 2 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Flint 2 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Huntsville 1 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Kalamazoo 2 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Manhattan KS 2 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Milwaukee 4 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Omaha eff 15AUG23 1 daily
Chicago O’Hare – Waterloo 2 daily

kbmiflyer

Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:58 pm

jmc1975 wrote:

I addition to the flights already announced, looking at the random date of 5/15/2023 I see:

ORD - CWA x2
ORD - LSE x2
ORD - MEM x1 (also x2 E170)
ORD - MLI x2
ORD - MSN x3 (also x1 CR7)
ORD - OMA x1 (also x1 E175). This was previously announced as August start date
ORD - PIA x2
ORD - SPI x2 (starts around June 1, replaces DFW - SPI service)

I am sure I am missing others. I see very few E145 flights out of ORD (my home airport of BMI still has them) operated by Piedmont.

Worth noting CMI goes to 2x E175, along with 2x E175 from DFW, so wondering if CMI will be come an overnight E175 operation with 2 RON.

n797mx

Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:04 pm

kbmiflyer wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:

I addition to the flights already announced, looking at the random date of 5/15/2023 I see:

ORD - CWA x2
ORD - LSE x2
ORD - MEM x1 (also x2 E170)
ORD - MLI x2
ORD - MSN x3 (also x1 CR7)
ORD - OMA x1 (also x1 E175). This was previously announced as August start date
ORD - PIA x2
ORD - SPI x2 (starts around June 1, replaces DFW - SPI service)

I am sure I am missing others. I see very few E145 flights out of ORD (my home airport of BMI still has them) operated by Piedmont.

Worth noting CMI goes to 2x E175, along with 2x E175 from DFW, so wondering if CMI will be come an overnight E175 operation with 2 RON.

These should all start the 5th if the MQ -145 retirement plan goes ahead as planned.

DFWGlobeTrotter

Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:16 pm

gennadius wrote:

Flightstar does indeed still do overnight work for the 145s, I am not sure if they have anything contracted for the 175s but I know that they did expand hangar space a few years ago in anticipation of the 175s becoming primary as the 145s were drawn down.

Thanks for all of the detail.

If CMI has been successful, my guess is that you'll see the -175 on the DFW route pretty soon; I just hope it can justify 2x daily flights. I'm pretty sure ABI is a maintenance base for the -175s, so if CMI can get some of that work, I'd expect those flights to be OK.

n797mx

Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 am

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
gennadius wrote:

If CMI has been successful, my guess is that you'll see the -175 on the DFW route pretty soon; I just hope it can justify 2x daily flights. I'm pretty sure ABI is a maintenance base for the -175s, so if CMI can get some of that work, I'd expect those flights to be OK.

I know ABI, XNA, GSO, DFW, MQT, ORD, LIT, CMH, MIA, SGF, and CVG can all do maintenance in some extent. I don't think CMI is currently set up for the 175. Doesn't mean it won't in the future.

TripleA

Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:13 am

n797mx wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
gennadius wrote:

I know ABI, XNA, GSO, DFW, MQT, ORD, LIT, CMH, MIA, SGF, and CVG can all do maintenance in some extent. I don't think CMI is currently set up for the 175. Doesn't mean it won't in the future.

What criteria are they using to determine which cities get upgraded to the 175s? Out west, stations like YUM and SAF are now seeing the 175s, while stations like FLG and ROW are still seeing only the CRJs. Obviously having the proper equipment (namely the right boarding ramps for stations without jet bridges) is a must. Is the plan to make all regional stations 175 capable eventually (aside from places like ASE that obviously can't get them for now)? I imagine some smaller regional markets are too small to handle them (or need their capacity).

alasizon

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:36 am

TripleA wrote:
n797mx wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:

What criteria are they using to determine which cities get upgraded to the 175s? Out west, stations like YUM and SAF are now seeing the 175s, while stations like FLG and ROW are still seeing only the CRJs. Obviously having the proper equipment (namely the right boarding ramps for stations without jet bridges) is a must. Is the plan to make all regional stations 175 capable eventually (aside from places like ASE that obviously can't get them for now)? I imagine some smaller regional markets are too small to handle them (or need their capacity).

Partially it's aircraft time available, partially it's what markets have the demand for 76 seats vs 65.

Markets like FLG and ROW are low priority for the E175 while competitive markets (i.e. SBP, BUR) and higher yielding markets (i.e. SAF, MTJ) where the product makes a difference are higher priority. Likewise, there are the markets like YUM where the baggage space is important to protecting the revenue.

There are always going to be some CRJ-only stations but that number will dwindle as more E170s come online as 65 seaters.

n797mx

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:51 pm

N900AE is still currently in ABI, but it was transferred to Piedmont yesterday.

FSDan

Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:54 am

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
If CMI has been successful, my guess is that you'll see the -175 on the DFW route pretty soon; I just hope it can justify 2x daily flights.

CMI-ORD is seeing much less capacity than pre-pandemic (most ORD routes are...), so I'd think CMI-DFW would be able to absorb some additional capacity if connections to California, Vegas, Arizona, etc. are primarily flowed over DFW while ORD takes mostly eastbound connections.

jgcotter

Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:57 pm

MQ E145 N670AE is en route from ABI to ALB for transfer to PT.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/N670AE

JohanTally

Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:26 pm

jgcotter wrote:
MQ E145 N670AE is en route from ABI to ALB for transfer to PT.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/N670AE

Did they have maintenance issues? It looks like they had a couple short ABI-ABI flights and also cancelled yesterday to ALB.

Bear242

Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:50 am

AA9863 from Abilene to Dallas https://fr24.com/ENY9863/2f4e76df
N631RW entering revenue service but still registered as N631RW and not N774MK

ADM94

Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:01 pm

TripleA wrote:
n797mx wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:

Last I knew, OO treats FLG as a CR7-only station due to the elevation.

DFWGlobeTrotter

Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:09 pm

alasizon wrote:
TripleA wrote:
n797mx wrote:

Partially it's aircraft time available, partially it's what markets have the demand for 76 seats vs 65.

Markets like FLG and ROW are low priority for the E175 while competitive markets (i.e. SBP, BUR) and higher yielding markets (i.e. SAF, MTJ) where the product makes a difference are higher priority. Likewise, there are the markets like YUM where the baggage space is important to protecting the revenue.

There are always going to be some CRJ-only stations but that number will dwindle as more E170s come online as 65 seaters.

I have a similar question about which stations get -170s vs. -175s. I know there are -170s in the fleet, but unsure of what operators focus on those slightly smaller aircraft. Seems like DFW sees nothing but -175s.

alasizon

Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:45 pm

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
alasizon wrote:
TripleA wrote:

I have a similar question about which stations get -170s vs. -175s. I know there are -170s in the fleet, but unsure of what operators focus on those slightly smaller aircraft. Seems like DFW sees nothing but -175s.

The MQ E170s were focused pretty exclusively at ORD. As more come online, they will start to branch out (PHX sees a few touches via ORD starting next month) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them be anchored heavily to ORD to allow more E175s to flow to DFW and elsewhere (they are also backfilling for some OO CR7s as SkyWest struggles heavily still with crew staffing). The YX E170s of course are based in LGA to ensure that every flight out of NYC has a premium cabin. It is easier to fill E175s year round out of your sunbelt hubs (PHX, DFW, CLT, MIA) than it is to get those incremental additional 11 people from the more competitive and O&D markets out of ORD and NYC so the E170 makes more sense there. It allows you to keep the flights on the books but at a slightly lower costs and less opportunity cost than the E175.

KCaviator

Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Was in DCA the other night and noticed MQ was flying DCA-JAX and DCA-CMH, which are two routes YX used to exclusively fly while I was employed there. Have they really lost that much flying? Sad to see, but expected.

MLIAA

Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:28 pm

KCaviator wrote:
Was in DCA the other night and noticed MQ was flying DCA-JAX and DCA-CMH, which are two routes YX used to exclusively fly while I was employed there. Have they really lost that much flying? Sad to see, but expected.

Envoy is currently doing about 7 or 8 flights a day in DCA, and has been for a couple years now.

Currently the routes are BNA, CHS, CMH, EYW, HSV, JAX and LIT.

DFWGlobeTrotter

Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:28 pm

alasizon wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
alasizon wrote:

The MQ E170s were focused pretty exclusively at ORD. As more come online, they will start to branch out (PHX sees a few touches via ORD starting next month) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them be anchored heavily to ORD to allow more E175s to flow to DFW and elsewhere (they are also backfilling for some OO CR7s as SkyWest struggles heavily still with crew staffing). The YX E170s of course are based in LGA to ensure that every flight out of NYC has a premium cabin. It is easier to fill E175s year round out of your sunbelt hubs (PHX, DFW, CLT, MIA) than it is to get those incremental additional 11 people from the more competitive and O&D markets out of ORD and NYC so the E170 makes more sense there. It allows you to keep the flights on the books but at a slightly lower costs and less opportunity cost than the E175.

Thanks for the information. With an 11-seat difference, are the marginal operating costs for the -175 that much more than the -170?

alasizon

Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:45 am

DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:
alasizon wrote:
DFWGlobeTrotter wrote:

Thanks for the information. With an 11-seat difference, are the marginal operating costs for the -175 that much more than the -170?

When you can only for sure fill 55-60 routinely, yes. It also is the opportunity cost of where that E175 could be deployed instead.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos