Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sfojvjets

Re: United Airlines Network - 2023

Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:17 am

usflyer msp wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:
I was thinking about routes that were announced but never flown the other day. IIRC, just before the merge CO announced plans to serve EWR-CAI. It was overtaken by political events in Egypt and never flown. Anyone think we might see UA maybe give it a go in the next 5 years?

I don't see any US carrier flying to Egypt until they start taking airport security seriously. It is far too easy to smuggle things into aircraft there with some baksheesh.

Wouldn't Cairo be one of those markets that is more suited to be flown from IAD, like how UA launched AMM but from IAD instead of EWR? Or is O&D more of a factor here as opposed to connecting traffic?

TWA772LR

Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:07 am

usflyer msp wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:
I was thinking about routes that were announced but never flown the other day. IIRC, just before the merge CO announced plans to serve EWR-CAI. It was overtaken by political events in Egypt and never flown. Anyone think we might see UA maybe give it a go in the next 5 years?

I don't see any US carrier flying to Egypt until they start taking airport security seriously. It is far too easy to smuggle things into aircraft there with some baksheesh.

Cairo has flights to Tel Aviv and we all know how Israelis are with foreign airport security. Certainly that has to give some credence for potential US service.

Could the MAX make it from IAD to CMN? UA is getting ambitious in Africa and it seems like a logical next step. Perhaps with the A321XLR or even the 757 if they want it earlier.

usflyer msp

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:47 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

Cairo has flights to Tel Aviv and we all know how Israelis are with foreign airport security. Certainly that has to give some credence for potential US service.

Could the MAX make it from IAD to CMN? UA is getting ambitious in Africa and it seems like a logical next step. Perhaps with the A321XLR or even the 757 if they want it earlier.

Israel flights have their own separate security which I guess the US carriers could theoretically do but it is worth the expense and effort?

Pinto

Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:27 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

UA would only add CMN either 757 or A321XLR. If I recall at some point during Oscars time as CEO they committed to not sending 737s across the Atlantic. Now the Azores is kind of an exception as it’s shorter the SFO - HNL. However even if UA decided to do it with a MAX they wouldn’t be competitive.

GSP psgr

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:21 am

sfojvjets wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

Wouldn't Cairo be one of those markets that is more suited to be flown from IAD, like how UA launched AMM but from IAD instead of EWR? Or is O&D more of a factor here as opposed to connecting traffic?

My gut is that it would be an EWR route due to the larger Egyptian-American community in Greater New York combined with the fact that it's a bigger possible luxury tourism draw (think the Great Pyramids). See how UA split their initial African expansion: EWR got JNB/CPT first (bigger luxury tourism draws for Westerners) where IAD got LOS and ACC (more VFR and oil/gas oriented). I could be completely wrong.

As far as security, EgyptAir has been flying JFK-CAI-JFK nonstop both ways for a good long while, plus the more recent IAD expansion. Apparently security at CAI is good enough for DHS. (and this Israelis as well).

TWA772LR

Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:00 am

GSP psgr wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

My gut is that it would be an EWR route due to the larger Egyptian-American community in Greater New York combined with the fact that it's a bigger possible luxury tourism draw (think the Great Pyramids). See how UA split their initial African expansion: EWR got JNB/CPT first (bigger luxury tourism draws for Westerners) where IAD got LOS and ACC (more VFR and oil/gas oriented). I could be completely wrong.

As far as security, EgyptAir has been flying JFK-CAI-JFK nonstop both ways for a good long while, plus the more recent IAD expansion. Apparently security at CAI is good enough for DHS. (and this Israelis as well).

IAD makes sense with LOS and ACC, but IAH-LOS is definitely where the business travel is. It was cut last time due to money repatriation reasons, but wouldn't that be in the past with UA returning to Nigeria? Or are they trying to rebuild any lost business they had with a lower risk (overall) IAD flight?

STT757

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:38 pm

GSP psgr wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

Continental announced EWR-Cairo in 2010, it didn’t launch due to regional unrest.

https://www.nj.com/business/2010/07/continental_airlines_to_add_se.html

LAXdude1023

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:49 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:

IAD makes sense with LOS and ACC, but IAH-LOS is definitely where the business travel is. It was cut last time due to money repatriation reasons, but wouldn't that be in the past with UA returning to Nigeria? Or are they trying to rebuild any lost business they had with a lower risk (overall) IAD flight?

ET will link IAH with west Africa before UA does again.

sldispatcher

Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:08 am

During the last 2 months I've had 4 United trips of which none have been executed well. Either delays, two outright cancellations, etc. There was a time when I would get so optimistic regarding route announcements, now I'd just like to see them go a week without the seemingly endless mechanical issues, poor IRROPS recovery and stranding of passengers at both mainline and regional (CommuteAir mostly for me). I would just like to see routes that they actually add that they can staff, maintain, and reliably equip.

I totally don't trust connection times under 2 hours anymore. With the new Denver A gates, a 35 minute connection in Denver doesn't hardly seem "legal" any longer. Hopefully, with the new gates, they can open up the connection times a bit more at DEN/IAH/ORD to give more connection slack as they add flights and routes.

ddaly241

Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:28 am

I wonder if there will be more new routes that UA will add out of EWR now that the new terminal A is open, whether it's express or mainline. They've now moved the express operations from the old terminal A to terminal C while the UA gates in the new terminal A is domestic mainline.

cosyr

Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:13 am

sldispatcher wrote:
During the last 2 months I've had 4 United trips of which none have been executed well. Either delays, two outright cancellations, etc. There was a time when I would get so optimistic regarding route announcements, now I'd just like to see them go a week without the seemingly endless mechanical issues, poor IRROPS recovery and stranding of passengers at both mainline and regional (CommuteAir mostly for me). I would just like to see routes that they actually add that they can staff, maintain, and reliably equip.

I totally don't trust connection times under 2 hours anymore. With the new Denver A gates, a 35 minute connection in Denver doesn't hardly seem "legal" any longer. Hopefully, with the new gates, they can open up the connection times a bit more at DEN/IAH/ORD to give more connection slack as they add flights and routes.

I'm sorry to hear that. Every trip I've had with UA in the last couple months have actually arrived early. I have not seen delays or cancellations on the boards for other flights either, including during the Christmas/NewYear week.

SFOA380

Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:11 am

cosyr wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Every trip I've had with UA in the last couple months have actually arrived early. I have not seen delays or cancellations on the boards for other flights either, including during the Christmas/NewYear week.

Agree. All my United trips in the past couple of years have marked a sharp turnaround from years past. New planes, beautiful new clubs, friendly on the ground and in the sky and an app that works exceptionally well. Definitely executing well these day. Plus I love the risks they are taking on new routes. Who ever thought we’d ever see a US carrier serve Tahiti again?

Like any other customer service business that deals in the millions of customers there will be one-offs and bad apples but overall huge kudos to UA!

intotheair

Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:40 am

I think a lot of it boils down to luck of the draw. If your flight is delayed by several hours, you're not going to remember or care whether or not the entire airline is otherwise having a good day operationally. General patterns can emerge, and I would say that UA is running a good operation these days, but people are always running the risk of running into IRROPS on any airline, with some notable outliers (WN over Christmas versus everyone else.)

FWIW, I've flown SFO-DEN r/t three times in the last two months, and the worst thing I ran into was an hour delay last Sunday night because of deicing. But I also think I have good luck that I almost always fly mainline, fly a lot of hub-hub routes, and rarely need to connect.

Maybe CommuteAir is still having trouble?

cosyr

Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:58 pm

intotheair wrote:
I think a lot of it boils down to luck of the draw. If your flight is delayed by several hours, you're not going to remember or care whether or not the entire airline is otherwise having a good day operationally. General patterns can emerge, and I would say that UA is running a good operation these days, but people are always running the risk of running into IRROPS on any airline, with some notable outliers (WN over Christmas versus everyone else.)

FWIW, I've flown SFO-DEN r/t three times in the last two months, and the worst thing I ran into was an hour delay last Sunday night because of deicing. But I also think I have good luck that I almost always fly mainline, fly a lot of hub-hub routes, and rarely need to connect.

Maybe CommuteAir is still having trouble?

Commuteair has been good for me. The only issue I had was that I was not aware the the E145 only has extra oxygen masks in 5 rows, so as we were boarding with our 11 month old, we were handed new boarding passes for the last row of the plane. I think that could have been handled better, because we were left to explain to the people who were supposed to be in row 24 that their seats had moved. Apparently rows 3,7,11,and 21 also have an extra mask, so I don't know why we couldn't be switched from row 4 to row 7? Why did it have to be from a "premium" seat to the last row, next to the engines and bathroom?

But while otherwise the E145 is one of my absolute favorite planes, I was disappointed to learn that my hated CR2 exceeds it in this way, and has an extra oxygen mask in every row but the exit. Luckily with Premier Status, I didn't pay for the premium seats, it was a short flight that got in early, and the flight attendant gave us extra stroopwaffles for the problem.

LAXintl

Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:33 pm

From what I gather we could see a reduction in Japan schedules for S23.
ANA already implementing some pullback in total frequency and capacity, so some commensurate UA changes as part of the JV could be going in this weekend.
As mentioned in this weeks Hawaiian Air earnings call, Japan point of sale is simply not bouncing back that rapidly.

Velocirapture

Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:37 pm

LAXintl wrote:
ANA already implementing some pullback in total frequency and capacity, so some commensurate UA changes as part of the JV could be going in this weekend.
As mentioned in this weeks Hawaiian Air earnings call, Japan point of sale is simply not bouncing back that rapidly.

I saw this just yesterday:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/j ... r-AA171BLo

BB78710

Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:41 am

LAXintl wrote:

I don't think anyone is surprised by this news as just a week or so ago United joined both American and Delta in requesting slot extensions for certain airports in Asia this including HND. International travel to/from the US to places like Japan and China simply isn't bouncing back as quickly as international travel to/from Europe or even Australia has to/from the US.

UPlog

Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:39 am

If Japan outbound is as bad as some like HA make it out to be, don't think delaying one or two Haneda flights will do much. Probably need deeper adjustments.

onwFan

Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:59 am

LAXintl wrote:

For starters, it appears that UA has dropped LAX-NRT for S23 (at least no longer available on Google Flights).

LAXintl

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:19 am

UPlog wrote:
If Japan outbound is as bad as some like HA make it out to be, don't think delaying one or two Haneda flights will do much. Probably need deeper adjustments.

Thats correct.

ANA for example dropping some NRT service and will only offer link to LAX, ORD and SFO (along with HNL due A380).
Also some NH routes from HND previously planned 77W will use 787s.

So there is decent capacity rationalization within the JV.

avi8

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:20 am

So ANA is temporarily dropping IAH?

LAXintl

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:06 am

onwFan wrote:
For starters, it appears that UA has dropped LAX-NRT for S23 (at least no longer available on Google Flights).

JV probably does not need 5 daily LA-Tokyo services. 4 will do.

avi8 wrote:

NH will run HND-IAH, while UA offers its NRT-IAH

1kloudvoice

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:37 pm

Non sequitur but does anyone with access to schedule tools see United upgauging DCA-DEN or DCA-SFO this year? Pre-covid they flew both on the 753 or at least certain days along with 738/319/320. Since covid it's been almost exclusively old 738s. If they can't support more seats you would think they'd put a 7M8 or 7M9 with IFE on these primo monopoly routes (ex. frontier).

LAXdude1023

Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:07 pm

onwFan wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

They haven't. Its still there.

I see no major changes in the UA/NH schedules through summer.

LAXdude1023

Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm

avi8 wrote:

Definitely not. Where did you get that from?

codc10

Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:17 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

If the waiver request is granted (again) I would expect deeper schedule cuts. As far as I can tell, A4A has only requested the extension as of 1/16 and the DOT has not yet responded to the request.

If granted, as expected, the waiver will extend through the IATA S23 season and significant cuts to China, HKG and HND flying will undoubtedly follow. If planning travel to Asia now for this summer, expect to see changes in the coming weeks...

onwFan

Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:33 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

Well I don’t see it available for booking between Mar 26 and Oct 28 even on UA’s website. What else is that supposed to mean?

LAXdude1023

Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 pm

onwFan wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
onwFan wrote:

Well I don’t see it available for booking between Mar 26 and Oct 28 even on UA’s website. What else is that supposed to mean?

Wow...looks like it must have been yanked in the last couple of days. Its still in GDS as UA 32 but availability is zeroed out.

BB78710

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:03 pm

codc10 wrote:
If the waiver request is granted (again) I would expect deeper schedule cuts. As far as I can tell, A4A has only requested the extension as of 1/16 and the DOT has not yet responded to the request.

If granted, as expected, the waiver will extend through the IATA S23 season and significant cuts to China, HKG and HND flying will undoubtedly follow. If planning travel to Asia now for this summer, expect to see changes in the coming weeks...

The demand simply has rematerialized on both sides of the Pacific at least that is how it looks as of February 3rd.

I was reading some articles a few days ago where both China and Japan are encouraging and in some cases incentivizing their citizens to get out and travel but to do so domestically. According to some articles demand for domestic travel in China is booming as citizens book domestic travel at near record pace. However that demand is not translating over to international travel from China.

The only location incentivizing international travel is Hong Kong which will give away 500,000 free tickets. They are first going to focus/target people living in Southeast Asia and Japan before targeting people living in the US. According to one article Hong Kong wants to the world to know they have reopened for business and leisure travel.

Of course these two great countries will bounce back but international travel may not bounce back until IATA S24 season. At a certain point these airlines have to make a final decision about IATA S23 season and if the demand isn't there I fully expect airlines like United to redeploy those aircraft to Europe where they know they will make money or put them on domestic hub to hub routes, or destinations like MCO, or LAS out of some of their hubs.

LAXintl

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:18 pm

The ANA changes are mostly showing GDS already.

LAXintl

Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Some more UA changes apearing

> HNL-NRT zero'd out for S23

> SFO-KIX reduced to 3x weekly in April so far

> 2nd SFO-HKG pushed till May (imo probably be pushed even further)

> EWR-HKG zero'd out for S23

DeSpringbokke

Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:08 am

LAXintl wrote:

EWR-HKG isn't coming back until Russian airspace is restored. For now, its going to be SFO-HKG and eventually, I doubt it this year, a second daily SFO-HKG flight.

strfyr51

Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:16 am

amtravels wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
VC10er wrote:
With all the new NB’s coming, do we think UA would start EWR to PSP nonstop?
Maybe even IAD?
I don’t know why I think this a premium heavy destination (maybe bc it has a wealthier pop) or Long enough flight time to snooze?
A Premium destination that could justify a lie-flat 737M-10?
(The flight is almost the same flight time as LAX)

Or perhaps a regular 788MAX would be enough.

It would be the fastest way to the golf course or spa.
(Or people who work in NYC area and weekend in PS)?

Not sure PSP rates the need for a non-stop and ?definitely not with other NYC-West Coast routes probably in line for lie-flat first.

Can you imagine the number crunching, and quite frankly the gamble, United has to make on deciding the number of aircraft to do a lie flat NB config in and on what routes?

Do you think they will do a small number and then convert more later? Or do you think they will be liberal with the lie flats on the narrowbodies right out of the gate?

I uswd to live and work at PSP. the airlines usually didnt have that many FC passengers coming in as there were many short haul flights coming in. and PSP was really fed from the closest hub city PHX.LAX, SFO, DEN, DFW. The terminal isn't that big in the first place.

AdEd

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:59 am

Speculation:
https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/1621645174387490816

I would be very impressed if UA somehow managed to launch SFO-DPS. Perhaps a sub-daily seasonal route. I believe most Indonesia-originating U.S.-bound traffic is from CGK, not DPS.

LAXintl

Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:06 am

Guam seeing some cuts for S23. Lost a daily frequency to NRT, along with frequency reductions SPN, ROR, TKK and YAP.

TWA772LR

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:18 am

AdEd wrote:
Speculation:
https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/1621645174387490816

I would be very impressed if UA somehow managed to launch SFO-DPS. Perhaps a sub-daily seasonal route. I believe most Indonesia-originating U.S.-bound traffic is from CGK, not DPS.

Leisure is where it's at right now for Asia/Pacific. PPT is precedent for long haul TPAC leisure. That said, I can see SFO-BKK happening before DPS, although DPS was served from GUM on CO until around the merger.

I know everyone says a GUM scissor hub isn't viable, but in this day and age, is it worth having 787s ow the Pacific to a lot of leisure destinations or is it cheaper having those pax connect in your existing hub on to planes that are cheaper to operate? Yeah I know yields are important, PPT definitely wouldn't be low yielding, but DPS is a stretch and HKT for that matter.

It may be the nostalgia speaking, but I think the GUM hub should get some kind of revival going and become more of a hub for the region instead of just solely for lucrative cargo/mail contracts.

ContinentalEWR

Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:20 pm

LAXintl wrote:

Not at all surprising, really. Apart from HNL-NRT, these are all routes that pre-pandemic, were driven by business/corporate traffic demand, which, to many parts of Asia, are soft and perhaps, unlikely to rebound to 2019 levels any time soon, if ever. KIX has always been a very challenging market and HKG's days as a premier business destination are likely behind it for good. The frames typically used for these routes are needed for the leisure focused Spring/Summer markets across the Atlantic.

That said, SFO-KIX is going daily on the 77E from 4/23/23.

AC4500

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Domestic schedule is updated through July 31st.

SumChristianus

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:23 pm

AC4500 wrote:

It'll be a little while before I update my spreadsheets, but major (large scale) changes for June thus far that I've found:

• The 4th (10pm) departure bank at IAD is mostly restored
  • Expanded/new 9 pm westbound bank at DEN
  • Much more mainline at DEN, partially at the expense of IAH/ORD which see more Mesa E175s and GoJet CRJ550s respectively
  • Getting better at removing single class regional jets:
    DEN 67 (down from 213 last summer)
    IAH 54 (down from 126 last summer)
    ORD 96 (down from 164 last summer)

I'll be updating my spreadsheet again over the next week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing but the changes are far from finished as I still see plenty of Air Wisconsin CRJs left in the schedule out of ORD as well as too many Mesa E175s.

UPlog

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:43 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:

That said, SFO-KIX is going daily on the 77E from 4/23/23.

Let see if it sticks. I saw in the AA thread that JL reduced its KIX-LAX to 3x weekly for the entire summer schedule season.

atrude777

Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:09 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

It'll be a little while before I update my spreadsheets, but major (large scale) changes for June thus far that I've found:

• Much more mainline at DEN, partially at the expense of IAH/ORD which see more Mesa E175s and GoJet CRJ550s respectively

I'll be updating my spreadsheet again over the next week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing but the changes are far from finished as I still see plenty of Air Wisconsin CRJs left in the schedule out of ORD as well as too many Mesa E175s.

I imagine we still don't have a published schedule on UA's website of the Mesa CRJ900'S?

Those birds are coming in soon in a couple of months!

Alex

SumChristianus

Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:51 pm

atrude777 wrote:
I imagine we still don't have a published schedule on UA's website of the Mesa CRJ900'S?

Those birds are coming in soon in a couple of months!
Alex

I've been trying to find them, but all I see for Mesa dba United Express in the schedule are E175s. Too many E175s to note, so I think a lot of these will go CR9, but again I don't know which ones.

sbaflyer

Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:13 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

Any new domestic routes for the summer?

LondonXtreme

Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 pm

Why UA can't make SFO-AMS year round but offers IAH-AMS year round. But SFO get more European routes such CDG,ZRH and upcoming ROM whereas IAH doesn't. What makes IAH-AMS so successful? I'm so surprised UA doesn't even fly IAH-CDG. Very few airlines prioritize AMS over CDG except those under JV with AF/KL.

nonrevelite

Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:03 pm

LondonXtreme wrote:
Why UA can't make SFO-AMS year round but offers IAH-AMS year round. But SFO get more European routes such CDG,ZRH and upcoming ROM whereas IAH doesn't. What makes IAH-AMS so successful? I'm so surprised UA doesn't even fly IAH-CDG. Very few airlines prioritize AMS over CDG except those under JV with AF/KL.

Same reason that CO flew IAH-AMS for a long time, oil/Latin traffic flows.

FlyingSicilian

Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:05 pm

LondonXtreme wrote:

Oil

AF flies CDG and makes good money on it too.

KLM has been flying to Houston for ~60 years.

For many years KLM flew PrivatAir all business class IAH-AMS also. Lots of up front demand.

Houston is also a metro of 7 million people and has the most millionaires in Texas. Those folks like to travel up front for vacation too...

nonrevelite

Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:16 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
It may be the nostalgia speaking, but I think the GUM hub should get some kind of revival going and become more of a hub for the region instead of just solely for lucrative cargo/mail contracts.

I have speculated similar, probably due to nostalgia as well. Interestingly the GC path from SFO to DPS goes very close to GUM.

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=SFO-DPS,+GUM ... 0x360&PM=*

I have wondered if there is a way to use GUM as a connecting point leveraging the VA partnership.

x1234

Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:42 pm

SFO-MNL and SFO-BKK are higher in priority than DPS. Only KE/CX/BR/CI fly to DPS non-stop from their hubs and there's only 1 flight by GI on NRT-DPS just shows its chasing low yielding tourist traffic.

Lamp1009

Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 am

LAXintl wrote:
Guam seeing some cuts for S23. Lost a daily frequency to NRT, along with frequency reductions SPN, ROR, TKK and YAP.

When are the reductions? I'm set to fly to every one of those destinations and haven't seen a schedule change yet.

TWA772LR

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:05 am

nonrevelite wrote:

I have wondered if there is a way to use GUM as a connecting point leveraging the VA partnership.

It would be cool to see non-east coast cities in Australia be connected to GUM on UA or VA. It'd also give Aussies and Japanese to connect to secondary cities without a stop in SYD or NRT.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos