Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SgtBarone

Re: United Airlines Fleet - 2023

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:35 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
320 Return to Service:
N787UA sked to exit BFM 2757/12Jan after return to service maint after long-term storage

This is the last 320 to exit long-term storage RTS maintenance. Yet another fleet type is fully back in service.

calpsafltskeds

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:38 pm

The 320 returning to service is N487UA. Sorry for typo.

adamblang

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:18 pm

cosyr wrote:
adamblang wrote:
cosyr wrote:
Will the MAX do transatlantic (except maybe KEF, DUB or SNN)? Anyway. I am one of those people who would pay for that PP seat. Maybe I'm the only one in the US, but I doubt it. The other perk to it would be if they could offer complimentary or discounted upgrades to PP for Premier members who don't get complimentary upgrades to the lie flat seats, but I'm guessing UA wouldn't offer that.

Longhaul international flights (anything where the business class is marketed as United Polaris business rather than United Business) and EWR-LAX/EWR-SFO flights don't offer complimentary upgrades for Premiers — they're all paid with money, miles, or PlusPoints. But on those flights Premium Plus upgrades do already have lower cash cost and/or mileage cost and/or cash copays than the corresponding Polaris upgrades.

I know, but there's only a few routes in the US that have "Polaris", and Premium Plus would be a nice alternative. As a Premier member, I could get a free upgrade to F on SAN-EWR, but LAX-EWR there's nothing for FF's if you're company won't let you buy J.

Oh, I get what you're saying. That would be neat — the lie flat would be paid and the Premium Plus would be CPU-eligible so the best isn't given away free but there's still a perk for Premiers.

VC10er

Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:17 pm

jonahsachs wrote:
VC10er wrote:
Some thoughts about the premium NB’s with lie flat seats on transcon:
Looking at the leaked First Class herringbone layout, it seems to me that dropping down from many international WB’s, with very large Polaris cabins after a number of years on transcon will disappoint and reduce F capacity across the US. I am assuming that UA will have to add frequencies of the 737-10 or A321 to match the total seats flying today? No?
Plus, while the new herringbone lie flat seats will be “good enough” and I hope I won’t complain about the privilege (it should be easy to enjoy the seat for 5/6 hours) but after spacious and private international Polaris (with windows to look out of) these seem less impressive and maybe tight?
Granted, they seem clearly better than F on the 2x2 752’s.
So:

Will we see a greater number of frequencies per day with the NB’s?
How will this seat stack up against the competition?
Will UA keep some WB’s flying transcon along with the NB’s?
What terminal will UA use in the future for the transcons?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Where'd you see the leaked seat map?

I'd be extremely surprised if there were no WB flying transcon.
3-4 years ago it seemed to be roughly 3 757s for each 777/87 flying transcon. Now it's the opposite.
I could see roughly half and half NB and WB in the future. :confused:

I think I found it just by googling it. Perhaps Live and Let Fly had an article with the leaked seat map.
It looks a bit tight with all outward facing, angled forward rows (your back to the windows). Again, if I was in a lie flat for just 6 hours I will be happy- but it certainly IS NOT anything close to a true Polaris suite.
It’s just a seat map, no images of what they look like.

amtravels

Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:59 pm

amtravels wrote:
Anybody know who the supplier for the A319/A320 interior retrofit (bins, sidewalls, PSUs, etc.) is?

Are they going with the Zodiac retrofit interior like DL or the Airbus Airspace retrofit like AA? Very interested to know what UA has chosen.

Following up on my own question: Are there other retrofit options they could go with besides Zodiac or Airspace?

airplanedriver6

Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:00 pm

VC10er wrote:

Supposedly it's based on the same seat that JetBlue uses transatlantic on their 321LR. UAL would have been the launch customer had the 737 MAX 10 launched when originally expected.

Boeing12345

Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:11 pm

Sorry, I posted in the network thread by mistake.

Not sure if aircraft have been posted yet but here are the first ones getting the CX Mod or Customer Experience Mod. Each one will receive interior mods and once complete each fleet type will wait for STC approval before re-entering revenue service.

4001 inducted on Jan 2nd
4239 inducing Feb 9th
814 inducting Feb 14th.

VC10er

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:23 pm

airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Supposedly it's based on the same seat that JetBlue uses transatlantic on their 321LR. UAL would have been the launch customer had the 737 MAX 10 launched when originally expected.

Interesting. I will try and look it up.

You jogged my memory: the article I read that had the UA leaked seat map did have an image of the seat from the manufacturer. It was not the custom job IA will get but it does look nice.

UAinAUS

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:06 pm

The following 739 frames have been updated to the 20/45/114 config:

amtravels

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:32 am

VC10er wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

You jogged my memory: the article I read that had the UA leaked seat map did have an image of the seat from the manufacturer. It was not the custom job IA will get but it does look nice.

If it's based on what JetBlue is using, that would be the Vantage Solo seat from Thompson Aero: http://thompsonaero.com/image-gallery/vantagesolo-gallery/

Another option is the Stelia Opera but that's a subsidiary of Airbus and they only make the seat for the A320 series. With that in mind, it's unlikely UA would opt for two different single aisle lie flat seats across 737 MAX-10 and A321XLR, so the Stelia option is likely not what they're going with. More likely to be the Vantage. I'm sure there are other seat options I've left out as well.

SgtBarone

Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:42 am

Photo confirmation that 763 N653UA was indeed repainted in Star Alliance livery:
https://twitter.com/Schmidy_87/status/1 ... 9821489152

DreamDriver

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:43 pm

SgtBarone wrote:
Photo confirmation that 763 N653UA was indeed repainted in Star Alliance livery:
https://twitter.com/Schmidy_87/status/1 ... 9821489152

Thx for posting. Liked the old version better with the matching winglets/tail section black. Engine nacelles also kinda stick out. Not bad, but not as good.

jonahsachs

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:56 pm

amtravels wrote:
VC10er wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:

If it's based on what JetBlue is using, that would be the Vantage Solo seat from Thompson Aero: http://thompsonaero.com/image-gallery/vantagesolo-gallery/

Another option is the Stelia Opera but that's a subsidiary of Airbus and they only make the seat for the A320 series. With that in mind, it's unlikely UA would opt for two different single aisle lie flat seats across 737 MAX-10 and A321XLR, so the Stelia option is likely not what they're going with. More likely to be the Vantage. I'm sure there are other seat options I've left out as well.

Has it been confirmed that the single aisle fleet will do 1:1 Polaris?
I don’t know why, but I just don't really see it happening.

airplanedriver6

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:30 pm

jonahsachs wrote:
amtravels wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Has it been confirmed that the single aisle fleet will do 1:1 Polaris?

Nothing has been confirmed as UAL has not publicly said anything specifically, other than there would be lay flat seats. Much of the speculation is based on a seat map published on a blog in 2018 that purported to show the UA 737 MAX 10 LOPA (Layout Of Passenger Accommodation) engineering diagram. We all know what has happened, or not happened, with the MAX 10 program since 2018.

IMHO, 1:1 with 100% aisle access is a "no-brainer" considering the commercial availability of these types of seats and the competitive landscape.

CALTECH

Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:40 pm

Older, quiet news.
Probably going to happen soon...

KPTKRampy

Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:46 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

I don’t know much about MRO’s, so humor me.

What would it be for? Would it be used if something happened to a United aircraft across the pond? Would planes get their interiors reconfigured there?

VC10er

Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:01 pm

amtravels wrote:
VC10er wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:

I believe the article I read said “Vantage”. I will have to try and find the article again.
I read that the seat will be designed with Polaris in mind so it ought to look great.
I am hoping that UA knocks this out of the park. Transcon is such a critical market to win and the bar is set high.
Back in ancient times when PS was launched, the fact it was a sub-branded service make it feel very special. I don’t think UA needs to do that again but they do need to have both the hard and soft products be best-in-class.
Do we have any idea if these transcons will be from TC at EWR or the new TA?
Does TA have a United Club on par with the new UC in TC?

Scarebus34

Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:29 pm

KPTKRampy wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

What would it be for? Would it be used if something happened to a United aircraft across the pond? Would planes get their interiors reconfigured there?

This hangar is actually in Rio - GIG.

indydavid

Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:12 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

Previous post about this acquisition: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1474611

adamblang

Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:18 pm

VC10er wrote:

I'm interpreting nTA's narrowbody assignments to mean the the gates are narrowbody gates so the widebodies that operate the EWR-SFO and EWR-LAX flights need to depart from Terminal C.

Also I'd wager there's a not insignificant number of travelers connecting onward to Polaris flights in SFO and LAX that would warrant departing EWR Terminal C for access to the EWR Polaris Lounge.

VC10er

Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:28 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
KPTKRampy wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

This hangar is actually in Rio - GIG.

I believe that was the old VARIG hanger?
I remember back to when 747 tails were sticking out.
I’m happy to see it being used again.
What does UA do with their ac there when it is sitting idle all day?
Thanks

calpsafltskeds

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:38 am

772 Paint:
​​​​​​​N775UA sked to exit GUS 2748 14Jan in EvoBlu livery

KPTKRampy

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:50 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
772 Paint:

They paint them at an Air Force Base?

STT757

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:55 am

adamblang wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I'm interpreting nTA's narrowbody assignments to mean the the gates are narrowbody gates so the widebodies that operate the EWR-SFO and EWR-LAX flights need to depart from Terminal C.

Also I'd wager there's a not insignificant number of travelers connecting onward to Polaris flights in SFO and LAX that would warrant departing EWR Terminal C for access to the EWR Polaris Lounge.

The terminal has, will have , five widebody capable gates. United regularly swaps 777s on routes like EWR-MCO.

STT757

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:57 am

indydavid wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

United only has one daily flight to GIG, from IAH. GRU would make more sense as they serve GRU from EWR, IAD, ORD, IAH. More planes on the ground to work on, perhaps they will bring back EWR-GIG?

SgtBarone

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:59 am

KPTKRampy wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
772 Paint:

They paint them at an Air Force Base?

Yes, Dean Baldwin Painting has a facility there.

jonahsachs

Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:32 am

VC10er wrote:
amtravels wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I believe the article I read said “Vantage”. I will have to try and find the article again.
I read that the seat will be designed with Polaris in mind so it ought to look great.
I am hoping that UA knocks this out of the park. Transcon is such a critical market to win and the bar is set high.
Back in ancient times when PS was launched, the fact it was a sub-branded service make it feel very special. I don’t think UA needs to do that again but they do need to have both the hard and soft products be best-in-class.
Does TA have a United Club on par with the new UC in TC?

All flights to hubs will be out of C, a United Club is coming later in the year to A.
A seems to be reserved for non-connecting traffic.

jonahsachs

Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:36 am

STT757 wrote:
adamblang wrote:
VC10er wrote:

The terminal has, will have , five widebody capable gates. United regularly swaps 777s on routes like EWR-MCO.

Those will still probably operate out of C.
Can’t really see an international flight or one from a hub being towed to A for its next leg.

strfyr51

Re: United Airlines Fleet Thread - 2023

Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:11 am

ButterBawse wrote:
does anyone know if the united B38M/B39M are experiencing engine issues when operating in warmer climates? American is sometimes troubled by it but Caribbean Airlines has been hit hard with their engines not starting and causing lengthy delays. Their issue is so bad that three max 8s <1 year had to be sent to have engine changes which did not seem to fix the issue.

it could be a problem with the EEC programming. If an 'engine change didn't fix the problem? It might not BE the engine! most US majors update their software monthly.
So? review the software!

intotheair

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:53 am

Going back to the narrowbody lie-flat discussion, a source close to Boeing has told me that UA has chosen Adient, not Thompson Vantage, to manufacture its lie-flat business seat for the 737-10. Adient was showing off a narrowbody lie-flat seat at Farnborough a few months ago:

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2022/08/a ... ness-plus/

I think this looks better than the seat JetBlue chose, obviously because it's reverse herringbone rather than herringbone. It looks as though Adient, like Thompson, is giving the airlines the option to offer a super-suite in the bulkhead. I'm not sure either way whether or not UA has opted for that. Tbh, it doesn't seem like something UA would go for, and most of the passenger reviews I read of the JetBlue version said it wasn't worth the extra cost, but who knows.

I've also heard that the first UA 737-10 in a lie-flat configuration is in final assembly right now. UA will also have a subfleet of 737-10s in a domestic configuration that's pretty close to the 737-9 configuration, plus of course a dozen or so more seats given the larger cabin. There's currently a 737-10 already flying around with that full domestic cabin layout for test purposes.

W/r/t the A321s, Patrick Quayle confirmed to Executive Traveller in an interview that the A321XLR would feature ~180 seats, including an "all-new" Polaris seat designed for narrowbodies. I'm unsure whether that's the Adient seat, but seeing as UA likes consistency in J, I wouldn't be surprised. Quayle also said that the A321XLRs will feature PP.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ness-class

We already know that DL's lie-flat A321 configuration will feature 12 W seats in a 2-2 seating, so I'm guessing UA will have something similar. I haven't heard whether UA's 737-10s will have PP, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't. I'll double check. I was also under the impression that all of UA's A321 (non-XLRs) would be in a domestic configuration, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'll be really curious to see how they use all these narrowbodies. IMO, there are too many of them to be used strictly for EWR-SFO/LAX. In fact, I doubt they'll even be used there. UA went from using almost no international widebodies on the former p.s. routes pre-pandemic to almost entirely international 772s and 77Ws. UA must be doing gangbusters on those routes, so I doubt they'd scale back and downguage to narrowbodies if that's the case.

airplanedriver6

Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:07 pm

STT757 wrote:
indydavid wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Older, quiet news.

United only has one daily flight to GIG, from IAH. GRU would make more sense as they serve GRU from EWR, IAD, ORD, IAH. More planes on the ground to work on, perhaps they will bring back EWR-GIG?

It's counterintuitive but UA will happily ferry an aircraft to GIG (or anywhere else) for heavy maintenance as the cost of fuel is a drop in the bucket. Thus, the one daily flight is not even a factor in the decision.

VC10er

Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 pm

intotheair wrote:
Going back to the narrowbody lie-flat discussion, a source close to Boeing has told me that UA has chosen Adient, not Thompson Vantage, to manufacture its lie-flat business seat for the 737-10. Adient was showing off a narrowbody lie-flat seat at Farnborough a few months ago:

I think this looks better than the seat JetBlue chose, obviously because it's reverse herringbone rather than herringbone. It looks as though Adient, like Thompson, is giving the airlines the option to offer a super-suite in the bulkhead. I'm not sure either way whether or not UA has opted for that. Tbh, it doesn't seem like something UA would go for, and most of the passenger reviews I read of the JetBlue version said it wasn't worth the extra cost, but who knows.

I've also heard that the first UA 737-10 in a lie-flat configuration is in final assembly right now. UA will also have a subfleet of 737-10s in a domestic configuration that's pretty close to the 737-9 configuration, plus of course a dozen or so more seats given the larger cabin. There's currently a 737-10 already flying around with that full domestic cabin layout for test purposes.

W/r/t the A321s, Patrick Quayle confirmed to Executive Traveller in an interview that the A321XLR would feature ~180 seats, including an "all-new" Polaris seat designed for narrowbodies. I'm unsure whether that's the Adient seat, but seeing as UA likes consistency in J, I wouldn't be surprised. Quayle also said that the A321XLRs will feature PP.

We already know that DL's lie-flat A321 configuration will feature 12 W seats in a 2-2 seating, so I'm guessing UA will have something similar. I haven't heard whether UA's 737-10s will have PP, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't. I'll double check. I was also under the impression that all of UA's A321 (non-XLRs) would be in a domestic configuration, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'll be really curious to see how they use all these narrowbodies. IMO, there are too many of them to be used strictly for EWR-SFO/LAX. In fact, I doubt they'll even be used there. UA went from using almost no international widebodies on the former p.s. routes pre-pandemic to almost entirely international 772s and 77Ws. UA must be doing gangbusters on those routes, so I doubt they'd scale back and downguage to narrowbodies if that's the case.

I must say that this Adient seat looks far superior to the Vantage seat I saw online. Given how competitive the transcon routes are I personally believe that UA should strive for the best hard product (and service)
I vividly recall when Smisek killed the ps configuration and put the regular 2/2 757 on transcon and they immediately lost HOLLYWOOD. Back during the PS days I saw many, many movie stars, rock stars and other celebrities because of the privacy in F. If UA did create a super-suite I could easily see those seats go to folks who want to avoid giving autographs!
As for PP, I have read here that PP does not make sense on Transcon, but I am not sure about that. I think many people would be very happy to pay a premium for PP and get out of E. It’s a great alternative. However I presume many PP seats would be comp upgrades for premiers?
UA has stated they want to be “An Airline of Choice” and in this market they should pull out all of the stops!

calpsafltskeds

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:37 pm

319 Paint:
N850UA sked to enter AMA 2755/14Jan for EvoBlu livery
N819UA sked to exit AMA 2756/14Jan in EvoBlu livery

VC10er

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:19 am

intotheair wrote:

I assume that this lie-flat seat will be installed on both A321XLR and the 737MAX-10? Will one of these two aircraft be able to have more F seats than the other?

ALSO, aside from EWR-SFO/LAX what other domestic routes will we find lie-flat narrow bodies? I love finding a 752 on domestic routes- such a treat even on EWR/MIA!

B752OS

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:57 am

No one really answered the question, so I will ask it again. As they have them configured, can UA's 77Ws fly SFO-SYD, SYD-SFO, SFO-MEL, and MEL-SFO with a full load of passengers and cargo? Or are there any sort of weight restrictions? If so, what are they?

jetblastdubai

Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:02 am

intotheair wrote:
Going back to the narrowbody lie-flat discussion,....

Looking back at timelines, UA made the order for the MAX10s a couple years before the A321 NEO order. Obviously the A321XLRs will have the Polaris/PP seats as they'll be used for Int'l routes at times.

Any chance that UA drops the Polaris/lay-flat seat for the MAX 10 and instead converts some of the A321NEOs to the Polaris/PP layout and keeps a consistent product with the XLRs instead of creating and maintaining a similar, yet slightly different configuration for a subfleet of MAX10s? The MAX10 and 321NEO have very similar range and capacity characteristics so there's really no advantage of upgrading one over the other. The upgraded NEO would be a "plug and play" upgrade with the XLR interiors.

cosyr

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:05 am

B752OS wrote:
No one really answered the question, so I will ask it again. As they have them configured, can UA's 77Ws fly SFO-SYD, SYD-SFO, SFO-MEL, and MEL-SFO with a full load of passengers and cargo? Or are there any sort of weight restrictions? If so, what are they?

They used to fly the PW 77E's on this route, and the 77W has a longer range, so yes.

Okcflyer

Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:21 am

cosyr wrote:
B752OS wrote:

They used to fly the PW 77E's on this route, and the 77W has a longer range, so yes.

Full pax. Some cargo. Not full cargo.

strfyr51

Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:26 am

cosyr wrote:
B752OS wrote:

yes and I've flown the rout thee on 747-422 and the 777-222ER,

SgtBarone

Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:31 pm

738 (GUM unit):
N77295 sked to ferry CLE-SFO-HNL-GUM 2762/15Jan following a 10-day mx visit:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N77295

STT757

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:27 pm

VC10er wrote:
intotheair wrote:

I assume that this lie-flat seat will be installed on both A321XLR and the 737MAX-10? Will one of these two aircraft be able to have more F seats than the other?

ALSO, aside from EWR-SFO/LAX what other domestic routes will we find lie-flat narrow bodies? I love finding a 752 on domestic routes- such a treat even on EWR/MIA!

My guess would be : BOS-SFO, LAX-IAD, LAX-BOS, IAD-SFO, EWR-SAN, EWR-SEA, IAD-SEA, IAD-SAN, DCA-SFO etc.. Perhaps with a couple operating SFO/LAX- KOA, OGG, LIH.

STT757

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm

Does the A321 NEO (not XLR) have the range and performance for Denver -Hawaii?

KPTKRampy

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:38 pm

STT757 wrote:

Yes, the 321Neo (non LR) has a range of 4,000nm, and Honolulu is ~2,900nm from Denver. Easily within reach.

drerx7

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:48 pm

KPTKRampy wrote:
STT757 wrote:

Yes, the 321Neo (non LR) has a range of 4,000nm, and Honolulu is ~2,900nm from Denver. Easily within reach.

Altitude and westbound isn't affecting that from DEN?

airplanedriver6

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:05 pm

drerx7 wrote:
KPTKRampy wrote:
STT757 wrote:

It will be a problem on hot days, and in addition, now try to take off from LIH or OGG for the return to DEN in any 321.

I presume that LIH nonstop flights to DEN will disappear when the 757 does.

calpsafltskeds

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:12 pm

UA has not purchased aux tanks and I believe the 4000nm range is the 321LR with 3 ACT. I can't find an actual range for the standard 321neo, but it surely do west coast Hawaii as AA is doing PHX Hawaii. If UAs a321neo has a 4000nm range that's 100nm more than the 752 which does den Hawaii. Unless there's a performance issue it would work.

airplanedriver6

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:15 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Unless there's a performance issue it would work.

The 321 does not have the runway or climb performance of a 757. DEN is an issue for elevation/temperature in summer, and airports like LIH and OGG have short runways.

The 321 needs long, sea level airports to achieve max range. And the heavier the 321 gets from NEO to LR to XLR the worse it gets.

cosyr

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:38 pm

airplanedriver6 wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

The 321 does not have the runway or climb performance of a 757. DEN is an issue for elevation/temperature in summer, and airports like LIH and OGG have short runways.

The 321 needs long, sea level airports to achieve max range. And the heavier the 321 gets from NEO to LR to XLR the worse it gets.

Seems like they should save the DEN-Hawaii routes for the XLR, when they arrive, or the 77A's for now. It really makes you wonder what UA is going to replace the 753 with? It's such a niche aircraft, and likely they'll just have to live without that capability someday.

STT757

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:38 pm

airplanedriver6 wrote:
drerx7 wrote:
KPTKRampy wrote:

It will be a problem on hot days, and in addition, now try to take off from LIH or OGG for the return to DEN in any 321.

I presume that LIH nonstop flights to DEN will disappear when the 757 does.

This is one example why I think United will convert some of their Max orders to the 737-7 MAX. I'm guessing that the 737-7 has the range and performance?

SEAorPWM

Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:14 pm

cosyr wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

Seems like they should save the DEN-Hawaii routes for the XLR, when they arrive, or the 77A's for now. It really makes you wonder what UA is going to replace the 753 with? It's such a niche aircraft, and likely they'll just have to live without that capability someday.

In the Flightglobal article I posted earlier, it sounds like it might be some mixture of 737-10's and NEO's. That said, who knows if the 753's are still getting NEXT treatment if A319's from 1997 are getting it...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos