Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mke717spotter

Re: Wisconsin Aviation - 2023

Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:45 pm

DL to "temporarily suspend" service from LSE in June. Currently they're only running one daily flight, which I found surprising.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-air ... us-cities/

illinoisman

Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:05 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
DL to "temporarily suspend" service from LSE in June. Currently they're only running one daily flight, which I found surprising.

The residents of La Crosse can take solace in knowing that a second daily Chicago-St. Paul train is slated to start later this year. I have a college friend down in Florida who has family in La Crosse. When he goes back to visit he flies to MSP, rents a car and drives the rest of the way. He has been doing this for a number of years now. Apparently the fares into LSE are too high. I hear it’s a beautiful drive though.

FRAborn

Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:03 am

illinoisman wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:

The residents of La Crosse can take solace in knowing that a second daily Chicago-St. Paul train is slated to start later this year. I have a college friend down in Florida who has family in La Crosse. When he goes back to visit he flies to MSP, rents a car and drives the rest of the way. He has been doing this for a number of years now. Apparently the fares into LSE are too high. I hear it’s a beautiful drive though.

:lol: What you mean is that they (after being delayed for 4 hours) get to spend 3 hours in a train to a city that's 2 1/2 hours away 8-)

You are correct that the fares in to LSE are horrible. My flight into MSN from AUS was $346 on DL through MSP....same fare and routing into LSE was $826! Normally i'd assume its because the LSE flight had a higher load factor, but my flight into MSN was at least 80% full.

The drive (and train ride) from MSP to LSE along HWY 61 is incredible though. Used to drive and take the train all the time when I went to college up in the twin cities.

jplatts

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:22 pm

MKE can likely easily support daily nonstop service on AA, DL, UA, WN, AS, B6, or MX with the PDEW of MKE to Greater Los Angeles being 207 passengers per day in Q3 2022.

While WN carried more of the MKE-Greater Los Angeles connecting traffic than AA, DL, or UA in Q3 2022, over 60% of the passengers traveling between MKE and Greater Los Angeles were connecting on airlines other than WN in Q3 2022.

AA, DL, or UA would have some connecting traffic to Hawaii and Oceania on MKE-LAX nonstop flights if AA, DL, or UA adds MKE-LAX nonstop service.

B6 would be able to offer connections onto HA LAX-HNL nonstop flights from MKE if B6 adds MKE-LAX nonstop service due to the B6 codeshare with HA.

Why haven't AA, DL, or UA taken advantage of the opportunity to add MKE-LAX nonstop service if more than enough demand is there? Is AA, DL, or UA likely to take advantage of the opportunity to do so with the lack of MKE-LAX nonstop service being one of the biggest holes in both markets?

UWPAviation

Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:44 pm

jplatts wrote:
MKE can likely easily support daily nonstop service on AA, DL, UA, WN, AS, B6, or MX with the PDEW of MKE to Greater Los Angeles being 207 passengers per day in Q3 2022.

While WN carried more of the MKE-Greater Los Angeles connecting traffic than AA, DL, or UA in Q3 2022, over 60% of the passengers traveling between MKE and Greater Los Angeles were connecting on airlines other than WN in Q3 2022.

AA, DL, or UA would have some connecting traffic to Hawaii and Oceania on MKE-LAX nonstop flights if AA, DL, or UA adds MKE-LAX nonstop service.

B6 would be able to offer connections onto HA LAX-HNL nonstop flights from MKE if B6 adds MKE-LAX nonstop service due to the B6 codeshare with HA.

Why haven't AA, DL, or UA taken advantage of the opportunity to add MKE-LAX nonstop service if more than enough demand is there? Is AA, DL, or UA likely to take advantage of the opportunity to do so with the lack of MKE-LAX nonstop service being one of the biggest holes in both markets?

It's not like this route hasnt been done many times. WN, NK heck all the way back to Midwest Express had this route. Considering WN operated it daily pre-covid, and NK had this route from when they entered MKE until not too long ago before dropping it. There is something about that route that airlines have found difficult.

Maybe it's people have there loyalties to X airline and they dont care if another operates it direct. Maybe people want flexibility with the flight times, and that 1 direct flight just doesnt work etc. If I had to guess, once WN gets more planes and pilots I can see them returning this route as well as the LGA route. I remember seeing something about WN wanting to return alot of those routes that covid killed out of MKE. But I have also heard more then once that WN's MKE-LAX route never did as well with loads.

mke717spotter

Sat May 13, 2023 9:07 pm

Last weekend I flew out of MSN and I was surprised to see a SY flight to GRB on the departures board. I originally thought it might be some sort of one-off sports charter, but on Sun Country's website this flight is indeed available to book on Thursdays & Sundays through the end of June (the reverse routing, GRB-MSN, is not available). In fact, a seat on tomorrow's flight will cost you just $25. It turns out this is a through flight from MCO, but I'd be interested to know how many people have actually booked the MSN-GRB leg by itself. Obviously just about everyone would probably rather drive anyways and I doubt many are aware that this flight is even available.

GSPSPOT

Sat May 13, 2023 9:42 pm

jplatts wrote:

I think that if UA tries MKE-West Coast, it would probably be to SFO, much more of a hub. But I wish the NK MKE-LAX flight had lasted longer. I was really wanting to try that in the Big Front Seat, esp now that wifi is rolling out across the fleet.

sonnyr23

Sun May 14, 2023 9:53 am

I was offered a PT ramp position in MKE last week for United Express. The Hiring Manager - Supervisor told me that this Summer and beyond that UA will be doing all Boeing in MKE and phase out the ER175 at least in MKE. All mainline he told me. An occasional Air Bus now and then he commented.

UWPAviation

Sun May 14, 2023 8:31 pm

sonnyr23 wrote:
I was offered a PT ramp position in MKE last week for United Express. The Hiring Manager - Supervisor told me that this Summer and beyond that UA will be doing all Boeing in MKE and phase out the ER175 at least in MKE. All mainline he told me. An occasional Air Bus now and then he commented.

ORD-MKE on a 737? Love it!

SumChristianus

Sun May 14, 2023 8:38 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
sonnyr23 wrote:

Hope that's true someday, but UA's not even half mainline this summer:

Sample departures on July 24th, 2023
MKE-DEN 1x 738, 1x A320, 2x E75
MKE-IAH 1x A320, 1x E175
MKE-EWR 1x 738, 2x E75
MKE-ORD 3x E175, 2x E70, 1x CRJ

rj777

Sun May 14, 2023 8:39 pm

I'm guessing the only service on there (if anything) would be a bottle of water

sonnyr23

Mon May 15, 2023 12:09 pm

Possible that i misunderstood what the Hiring manager - Supervisor had told me about mainline. Appreciate the information on the aircraft types for July.

knope2001

Mon May 15, 2023 1:36 pm

sonnyr23 wrote:
Possible that i misunderstood what the Hiring manager - Supervisor had told me about mainline. Appreciate the information on the aircraft types for July.

Might have meant that Milwaukee-Newark is going all-mainline this fall, replacing the typcial Embraers. And this is planned and for sale as such, though United (like some other carriers) sometimes publishes a fairly aggressive schedule and then adjusts a couple of months out as needed. I would not bet big sums of money that one or two of those trips don't get downgraded to E-175 as schedule fine tuning happens as summer proceeds. But it's an encouraging sign to MKE getting that much of a boost in the schedule rollouts. I don't think United even speculative put any mainline flights into the MKE-EWR schedule until recently, and it's not terribly long ago that 50-seat ERJ were seen.

United has definitely been scaling up in MKE this year with mainline replacing some regional jet flights to Newark and Houston for the first time, Denver going 4x this summer including two mainline, and O'Hare getting more 76-seat dual-class flights. It's fairly unlikely that United will become all-mainline in Milwaukee for various reasons, not the least of which is how short the O'Hare hop is, but it's good to see the growth and the greater efficiency of mainline means leaves more room to offer some traffic-encouraging fares to fill seats.

sonnyr23

Mon May 15, 2023 2:08 pm

Very good points well taken Knope2001. I'm happy to see MKE getting a bump in flight activity amongst all the carriers.

illinoisman

Mon May 15, 2023 7:46 pm

UWPAviation wrote:

I have seen 737s on ORD-MKE in the past and right now most of UA's ORD-MSN flights are mainline.

SumChristianus wrote:
MKE-ORD 3x E175, 2x E70, 1x CRJ

I'm glad to see that people have finally come to their senses and learned to drive, take the train, etc. Some years ago ORD-MKE had up to 15 daily flights between AA & UA.

MUWarriors

Mon May 15, 2023 10:45 pm

I'm glad to see that people have finally come to their senses and learned to drive, take the train, etc. Some years ago ORD-MKE had up to 15 daily flights between AA & UA.

On July 24 it's still 10 flights (6 UA, 4 AA). Total seat count is about 100 seats per day less, give or take (depending on how many EMB135s were in the mix back in the day), so not a huge drop-off really.

On an additional note, I noticed that AS added a second SEA trip for the summer, with a midnight arrival into SEA. I can't remember if they've done that in years past or not. I wish we'd get the PDX summer flight back.

mke717spotter

Tue May 23, 2023 6:38 pm

SY has announced their winter 2023/2024 schedule from MKE. It's mostly a continuation of what they've previously offered, though MCO is new and there's a bump up in frequency.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/sun-countr ... ee-airport

"Highlights from the airline’s winter 2023/2024 Milwaukee schedule include:

- Expanded international service from Milwaukee to Cancun, Mexico beginning December 16, 2023, with four flights per week, increasing to daily service during the peak spring break period in March 2024, up from Saturday-only during the previous year.

- Near-daily nonstop service from Milwaukee to Fort Myers, Florida.

- Multiple flights per week to both Orlando, Florida and Phoenix, Arizona.

The winter schedule runs from mid-December 2023 through early April 2024 and is available for booking now at suncountry.com.

A news release says this summer, Sun Country is offering weekend flights between Milwaukee and Minneapolis-St. Paul with fares as low as $49 each way. These flights run through Labor Day weekend. Sun Country is also offering weekend service to/from Las Vegas through November."

ORDLHR787

Wed May 24, 2023 2:55 am

It appears an AAR 747-400 just flew in to UES. Thats a really small airport. Anyone know why its there?

Jfoxwi78

Wed May 24, 2023 3:37 am

I see N744AR just landed but shows it's a Falcon 50 - just with an interesting trail #.

As far as UA with MKE, I would be surprised if they can go all Boeing because Skywest has a MX Base at MKE (the old Midwest Airlines hangar) and would think that's a big part of their MX plans even though they also support DL and AA. I guess it could happen , just seems odd they would take out a MX base altogether.

knope2001

Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:20 am

American is starting twice.daily nonstops from MIlwaukee to Washington DC with 65-seat dual-class CR7, complementing Southwest's twice-daily 737's.

Nice to see a little competition in this market for the first time in quite a few years. Hopefully they are both successful...

illinoisman

Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:58 pm

knope2001 wrote:
American is starting twice.daily nonstops from MIlwaukee to Washington DC with 65-seat dual-class CR7, complementing Southwest's twice-daily 737's.

I was excited about the added flights until I read what type of aircraft it will be on. Now if only AA would make MIA-MKE daily. That would make it a million times easier to get down to Miami for a cruise. When flying from MKE none of AA's hubs are a convenient way to get to MIA. Who wants to fly east to PHL or take a 20 minute flight to ORD?

knope2001

Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:06 pm

illinoisman wrote:
knope2001 wrote:

I was excited about the added flights until I read what type of aircraft it will be on. Now if only AA would make MIA-MKE daily. That would make it a million times easier to get down to Miami for a cruise. When flying from MKE none of AA's hubs are a convenient way to get to MIA. Who wants to fly east to PHL or take a 20 minute flight to ORD?

Yeah, they at least are CR7 versus 50-seat CRJ, but they are not super comfortable. There are some positives at least:

Compeition for Southwest to keep fares in better check
    More departure times / options between MKE and DCA
    With 65 seats they are a notch easier to fill, and far easier than if they put in mainline. I don't think two mainline carriers to DCA would be viable at this point for probably at least 1/3 of the year and marginal another 1/3 of the year.
    Another hub for connecting opportunities -- few if any brand new connecting markets, but sometimes connections to the east through PHL or ORD have sold out of reasonable fares or have crappy conneting times

There is Charlotte as well, of course, for connections east and southeast, but CLT is a lot more out of the way if you're heading anyplace north of the Mason Dixon.

I'm 100% with you on the frustration of MKE-MIA. If the pilot issue eases some I could see it going back to daily for winter months (it's Saturday only again) and ultimately would love to see it year-round. A stumbling block has always been that a lot of MKE passengers headed to Miami or the islands, Central and South America go to O'Hare for better flight options because MKE's service isn't great that direction. And because a lot of that traffic (especially Miami) is likely to fly on American out of ORD there's not a big incentve to poach their own O'Hare passengers with a MKE-MIA flight.

Mizzou65201

Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:53 pm

Some other MKE notes in a press release today:

*DL bringing back MKE-SLC effective July 2. Appears to be either A319 or A320 depending on day and schedule cycle. Morning departure out of MKE (7 am hour) and mid-evening departure out of SLC (around 9 pm.) Decent timing for west coast connections.

*AS adding a second MKE-SEA flight on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The second flight appears to be seasonal through the end of September.

GSPSPOT

Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 pm

It really does feel like MKE is getting some much-needed love lately. Hope NK brings back some of its previous destinations. And we badly need an effective marketing campaign to keep the weak-minded (sorry, I'm an MKE homer) from spilling over to... you know, that huge sucking sound to the south.

mke717spotter

Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:57 pm

Mizzou65201 wrote:
Some other MKE notes in a press release today:

There is also some news on rail front. The MKE Amtrak station is getting some upgrades:​ a second platform on the west side of the tracks and elevator towers with an overhead pedestrian bridge. Apparently construction just got underway and it is supposed to be finished in June 2025 (it seems unfathomable that this would take two years to complete). The Hiawatha Service is supposed to increase from seven to ten daily trains, but I don't know what that status of that is. Also, a second Chicago-St. Paul train is supposed to start later this year and unlike the Empire Builder it will stop at MKE.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/milwaukee- ... nt-project

MSNfan

Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:43 am

The expansion at MSN looks great, looks like mainly AA is inhabiting the new gates at the moment, it will be interesting to see what they do with the others once the old gates 11/12/13 are torn down...

sonnyr23

Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:41 am

Not likely to happen anytime soon but WN in Madison would be a welcome addition. Great news about the Amtrak plans for MKE.

mke717spotter

Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:20 am

mke717spotter wrote:
MKE recognized as "one of the best airports in the world" for the second consecutive year.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/20 ... 008301007/

"Despite a second consecutive year of being named one of the best airports in America, Milwaukee’s Mitchell International was not a fan favorite on social media. The airport was the 4th most complained about on Twitter according to Price4Limo data."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/travel/2 ... 343461007/

There doesn't appear to be much information on what the complaints were about. Perhaps they were more about WN or TSA rather than the airport itself?

illinoisman

Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:40 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
"Despite a second consecutive year of being named one of the best airports in America, Milwaukee’s Mitchell International was not a fan favorite on social media. The airport was the 4th most complained about on Twitter according to Price4Limo data."

My only complaint is the loss of YX and their delicious in-flight cookies. Otherwise, the airport is fine.

GSPSPOT

Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:46 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:
MKE recognized as "one of the best airports in the world" for the second consecutive year.

There doesn't appear to be much information on what the complaints were about. Perhaps they were more about WN or TSA rather than the airport itself?

Yeah, not really sure about those complaints. It's not the sexiest airport around, but it's clean and has seriously decent food/beverage and retail for the number of pax that it serves, plus a few unique features.

Planeboy17

Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:13 pm

GSPSPOT wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:

Yeah, not really sure about those complaints. It's not the sexiest airport around, but it's clean and has seriously decent food/beverage and retail for the number of pax that it serves, plus a few unique features.

Completely agree! :thumbsup:

HCLF

Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:58 pm

A few sneak peaks at Appleton International's $55 M Phase 1 concourse expansion project:

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news ... 387536007/

https://www.wbay.com/video/2023/07/07/a ... rovements/

https://fox11online.com/news/local/stat ... -abe-weber

Check-in, baggage claim, and a large departure and arrivals canopy will be in Phase 2.

Pretty cool!

mke717spotter

Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:45 pm

Per MKE's Facebook page, AS will run a special MKE-GEG flight the weekend of September 8-10. Wisconsin is playing at Washington State that weekend. Pullman is an hour and eighteen minute drive from Spokane according to Google.

knope2001

Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:42 am

American will run a daily A319 on MKE-MIA from mid December until early April. Here's hoping this is successful and ultimately runs through the year.

UWPAviation

Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:05 pm

knope2001 wrote:
American will run a daily A319 on MKE-MIA from mid December until early April. Here's hoping this is successful and ultimately runs through the year.

Great return and long overdue! The south Florida hole for MKE now patched! Here's to hoping service to LA and or the Bay Area happens up again....

illinoisman

Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:03 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
The Hiawatha Service is supposed to increase from seven to ten daily trains, but I don't know what that status of that is.

According to an article in the Milwaukee Business Journal, the soonest the 8th daily train could start is 2026. In order for it to get up to 10x daily there are yet to be identified projects in Illinois that need to be completed. Hard to imagine something like this could take so long considering they started talking about the 10 round trips back in 2016.

mke717spotter wrote:
Also, a second Chicago-St. Paul train is supposed to start later this year and unlike the Empire Builder it will stop at MKE.

The new "Great River" train to St. Paul will replace one of the existing Hiawatha trains.

mke717spotter

Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:06 pm

Avelo is starting twice-weekly CWA-MCO in October.

https://wausaupilotandreview.com/2023/0 ... -from-cwa/

"The airline, which began flight service in 2021, will provide service from CWA to Orlando, Fla., with flights on Thursdays and Sundays. Flight prices start at $49 for a one-way ticket on a 189-seat aircraft, a Boeing 737-800.

County and airport officials on Wednesday spoke about the crucial role airline service plays in tourism and the region’s economy. Marathon and Portage County both contributed to the startup cost, which was largely funded through federal dollars."

Back in April Avelo announced MLB-RDU/ILM/HVN. ILM never ended up starting and RDU is already being cut next month. Hopefully this route fares better.

se210

Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:51 pm

"Air Drake" (Cargojet Airways) B767-29N/ER N767CJ due in MKE this morning (08/4/2023) @ ~10:15 for Drake's Milwaukee concert tonight (8PM at Fiserv Forum).

Bruce

Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:52 am

Quick question about that Air Drake plane. Is that considered Part 135? I know it has 30 seats which is max for a Part 135 flight but the max payload of a 767 is way more than 7,500lbs as required by Part 135.

AAlaxfan

Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:54 pm

Bruce wrote:
Quick question about that Air Drake plane. Is that considered Part 135? I know it has 30 seats which is max for a Part 135 flight but the max payload of a 767 is way more than 7,500lbs as required by Part 135.

I believe Drake’s plane is a private plane covered by part 91.

MKE22

Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:13 am

HCLF wrote:
A few sneak peaks at Appleton International's $55 M Phase 1 concourse expansion project:

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news ... 387536007/

https://www.wbay.com/video/2023/07/07/a ... rovements/

https://fox11online.com/news/local/stat ... -abe-weber

Check-in, baggage claim, and a large departure and arrivals canopy will be in Phase 2.

Pretty cool!

Designs look great, can't wait to see what comes!

MKE22

Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:31 pm

https://www.jsonline.com/story/travel/2 ... 903848007/

Not super surprising IMO, but MKE traffic numbers continue to grow, which is good news. Link above.

knope2001

Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:52 pm

MKE22 wrote:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/travel/2023/09/25/milwaukee-airport-passenger-traffic-grows-in-2023-what-to-know/70903848007/

Not super surprising IMO, but MKE traffic numbers continue to grow, which is good news. Link above.

It's a little funny that the Journal Sentinel would publish this (talking about stats through July) shortly after the Monthly Data Report for August came out. (To be fair some of the other cumulative reports only show through July, but it's just a little math to get the most up to date stats until the cumulative reports are updated.)

total passengers

552,670 August 2023
467,638 August 2022 (year over year increase of 18.2%)
616,050 August 2019 (2023 is 89.7% of pre-pandemic 2019)

Based on scheduled capacity MKE has a pretty good shot at nearing the 100% recovery back to 2019 for October. It's not a perfectly smooth-line recovery of course but it's good to see things continuing to strive in the right direction. Recovery is strong enough the pandemic-shuttered Wally Park is gearing up to reopen.

jplatts

Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:29 pm

phxtravelboy wrote:
B6 should try an A220 on service to LAX as well; another market that is unserved as I think the A220 would be the perfect sized plane for such a route.

There is likely enough demand for daily nonstop service to LAX out of MKE with the PDEW of MKE-Greater Los Angeles being 152 passengers/day in Q1 2023 according to the DOT Consumer Airfare Report Table 6, which can be found at https://data.transportation.gov/Aviatio ... yj5y-b2ir/.

AA, DL, or UA would also likely be carrying some connecting traffic to Hawaii and Oceania from MKE through LAX if AA, DL, or UA adds MKE-LAX nonstop service.

UA would be less likely to add MKE-LAX nonstop service than AA or DL with CLE being the only Midwest city other than ORD that currently has UA nonstop service to LAX whereas AA currently serves LAX nonstop from ORD/IND/OMA/STL in the Midwest and DL currently serves LAX nonstop from CVG/DTW/IND/MCI/MSP in the Midwest.

Has MKE worked with AA or DL to get MKE-LAX nonstop service added on AA or DL? Any likelihood of AA or DL adding MKE-LAX nonstop service with the lack of MKE-LAX nonstop service being one of the biggest holes in both markets?

jplatts

Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:35 pm

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors on WN nonstop routes out of MKE in June 2023 (Source: T-100D Domestic segment, which can be found at https://transtats.bts.gov/databases.asp ... wrp6_VQF=D):
ATL-MKE - 8310 passengers, 9476 seats, 87.70% load factor
BNA-MKE - 17500 passengers, 20036 seats, 87.34% load factor
BWI-MKE - 22460 passengers, 25248 seats, 88.96% load factor
DAL-MKE - 8336 passengers, 9060 seats, 92.01% load factor
DCA-MKE - 13701 passengers, 16705 seats, 82.02% load factor
DEN-MKE - 24281 passengers, 28142 seats, 86.28% load factor
FLL-MKE - 327 passengers, 350 seats, 93.43% load factor
LAS-MKE - 11520 passengers, 12280 seats, 93.81% load factor
MCO-MKE - 20851 passengers, 24311 seats, 85.77% load factor
MKE-PHX - 18477 passengers, 20258 seats, 91.21% load factor
MKE-RSW - 1120 passengers, 1558 seats, 71.89% load factor
MKE-STL - 15273 passengers, 17705 seats, 86.26% load factor
MKE-TPA - 10053 passengers, 11813 seats, 85.10% load factor

mke717spotter

Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:59 pm

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/bu ... 343126007/

WN is adding Saturday-only SAN-MKE. They have tried this route before and at one point it was daily. I'm not certain if these flights will be seasonal but all in all its a small drop in the bucket. Still no flights from MKE to LAX.

UWPAviation

Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:37 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/2023/10/27/southwest-to-offer-nonstop-milwaukee-to-san-diego-flight-in-2024/71343126007/

WN is adding Saturday-only SAN-MKE. They have tried this route before and at one point it was daily. I'm not certain if these flights will be seasonal but all in all its a small drop in the bucket. Still no flights from MKE to LAX.

Im surprised LAX isnt first. Especially with all there connections through LAX.

MKE22

Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:20 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/2023/10/27/southwest-to-offer-nonstop-milwaukee-to-san-diego-flight-in-2024/71343126007/

Good to see, I think this did well with FL/F9 when they had it? Maybe not, but MKE-SAN should do just fine as it's pretty popular out of MKE, I've always wanted to go! Also, a bit surprised MKE-LAX/SFO or Bay Area couldn't also do at least a Saturday only. Who knows, maybe in the future.

mspeaumsn

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:43 pm

As mentioned in the Breeze thread, the airline will begin service from MSN to TPA and MCO in early 2024.
https://twitter.com/MSN_Airport/status/ ... Cn39g&s=19

GSPSPOT

Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:57 am

MKE22 wrote:
UWPAviation wrote:
mke717spotter wrote:

Good to see, I think this did well with FL/F9 when they had it? Maybe not, but MKE-SAN should do just fine as it's pretty popular out of MKE, I've always wanted to go! Also, a bit surprised MKE-LAX/SFO or Bay Area couldn't also do at least a Saturday only. Who knows, maybe in the future.

I seem to remember that WN did SAN out of MKE on a limited basis in the last 7 years that I've lived in the area. But remember, WN and other airlines are working within the constraints of staffing challenges.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos