Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf2220

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2023

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:16 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
The 789 can’t do SYD-ORD hence the talk of BNE -ORD, I could see an A350 SYD-ORD

I cant see though (from a revenue perspective), why ORD could sustain an A350 with F but DFW could not? Does ORD have more premium connection potential?

The Sunrise A350s has net 2 more seats than the 789s. +6F/+10J/+12W/-26Y.

redroo

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:35 am

tullamarine wrote:
a320fan wrote:
redroo wrote:
Anyone’s behaviour changing due to the continuing high domestic fares?

I looked to go to Melbourne from Perth this weekend and the data are in the $1000-$1250 region. So cancelled the trip. A few people I’ve spoken to here have started changing their behaviour - weekends in Sydney and Melbourne are for special occasions not on a whim.

If you’ve only just looked to go this weekend that’s pretty late notice, so not surprised it’s high. There’s still plenty of reasonable and affordable fares to be had however. I flew MEL-SYD on VA for $89 last month.

This weekend is a bit of a bad case given it is a long weekend in Melbourne. Looking out a week or so, you can pretty comfortably do a return MEL-SYD-MEL most weekends for under $400 on ZL, JQ or VA. QF are probably about $50-$100 dearer for the return trip but can be competitive if you are prepared to fly earlier etc.

You are correct though that fares have increased generally from where they were pre-pandemic. The days when the dearest part of the trip was the airport parking have gone away, for now at least.

Not just this weekend. I’ve been looking for others. It is noticeably more expensive than the old days.

$400 from for SYD MEL is pretty normal though which is good to hear.

tristans

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:52 am

DeltaB717

Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:15 am

ANA has added its code on the VA CNS-HND service:

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230309-nhva

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:20 am

a7ala wrote:
I must say the QF B738 product across the Tasman is looking pretty dated now. Has anything been said publically about what and when is likely to replace it? I doubt they would waste the A321XLR on such a short sector?

It looks like Qantas will be ‘wasting’ the XLR on routes much shorter than Trans-Tasman as they haven’t ordered any non-XLR A321s. Assuming the 180Y/20J is accurate then they would definitely have a similar seat to the 737s and nothing fancy in Business, in which case I have no idea why they would pay more for XLRs which are unlikely to ever fly further than PER or DPS.

jrfspa320

Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:29 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
a7ala wrote:
I must say the QF B738 product across the Tasman is looking pretty dated now. Has anything been said publically about what and when is likely to replace it? I doubt they would waste the A321XLR on such a short sector?

It looks like Qantas will be ‘wasting’ the XLR on routes much shorter than Trans-Tasman as they haven’t ordered any non-XLR A321s. Assuming the 180Y/20J is accurate then they would definitely have a similar seat to the 737s and nothing fancy in Business, in which case I have no idea why they would pay more for XLRs which are unlikely to ever fly further than PER or DPS.

Not only the added cost of the XLRs but potential delivery times vs the standard NEOs.

ZK-NBT

Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:38 am

qf2220 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
The 789 can’t do SYD-ORD hence the talk of BNE -ORD, I could see an A350 SYD-ORD

I cant see though (from a revenue perspective), why ORD could sustain an A350 with F but DFW could not? Does ORD have more premium connection potential?

It’s not so much about revenue but rather the 789 can’t do SYD-ORD. I thought the A380 did well to DFW including F, so I could long term see an A350 into DFW.

SCFlyer

Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:49 am

DFW is also AA's superhub, whereas AA has to share ORD with UA in regards to hub operations.

smi0006

Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:03 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
a7ala wrote:

I do hope we see a bit of an upgrade to the J recliner seats. Doesn’t have to be lie flat - but DL an TK for example have fitted some decent short haul J seats to their 321. I think a fixed shell would be a huge improvement on the current QF recliners.

I do wonder if they will stretch them ADL-SIN a recliner would probs be fine for a day light flight. I dunno this whole XLR thing has me confused, I wonder if we are in for a couple surprises.

Chipmunk1973

Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:12 am

qf2220 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I still find it interesting that with all that extra cabin floor space, the net seat increase is only 2. Yes, I know they've announced a "Well Being" zone, I'd imagine the space for it is roughly the same as the -26 Y seats.
Given that the QF variant of the A35K will have the additional 20,000L fuel tank in the cargo hold, there still seems a lot of useable volume for freight (bulk versus weight). Maybe that's QF's "winning lottery ticket", by offering some freight capacity on these direct routes which they no doubt will charge a hefty premium.

Cheers.

LTEN11

Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:35 am

Chipmunk1973 wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I still find it interesting that with all that extra cabin floor space, the net seat increase is only 2. Yes, I know they've announced a "Well Being" zone, I'd imagine the space for it is roughly the same as the -26 Y seats.
Given that the QF variant of the A35K will have the additional 20,000L fuel tank in the cargo hold, there still seems a lot of useable volume for freight (bulk versus weight). Maybe that's QF's "winning lottery ticket", by offering some freight capacity on these direct routes which they no doubt will charge a hefty premium.

Cheers.

I doubt many of the sunrise flights will carry anything but the passenger bags, at least for any flight heading east to west, like SYD/LHR, MEL/LHR, JFK/SYD. flights heading the other way maybe able to take some freight, as they probably won't need max fuel and should have some weight available.

If QF were to offer space at a premium, it would have to be some pretty special freight. The couple of hours saved in flight would also have to be matched by favourable flight times. Midday departure out of LHR to ARR in SYD late the next night will be next to useless if the delivery can't be affected till the next day. May as well wait till the night departure for arrival the morning plus 2 and get it delivered the same morning.

elegiac

Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:31 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
a7ala wrote:

They're going to have a pretty small A321 fleet for a while and I bet it saves a lot of operational headaches when a plane goes out of service if all of them can be subbed in to operate the 8-10 hour routes the XLR is going to open up.

They also might find some thin international routes with enough yield to profitably operate a "domestic" XLR but not enough to sell out the lie flats in an "international" XLR.

AirbusA322

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:24 am

Sylus wrote:
ben175 wrote:
From what I understand, loads have been strong MCY-TSV and MCY-AVV, with the other routes also doing quite well.

The ‘other’ routes are doing terrible. The Rockhampton flight is long dead, I’d be skeptical around any success re the other Rocky routes also, Melbourne might work.

Mackay and Whitsunday not that flash either.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:31 am

elegiac wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
a7ala wrote:

They're going to have a pretty small A321 fleet for a while and I bet it saves a lot of operational headaches when a plane goes out of service if all of them can be subbed in to operate the 8-10 hour routes the XLR is going to open up.

They also might find some thin international routes with enough yield to profitably operate a "domestic" XLR but not enough to sell out the lie flats in an "international" XLR.

What is this ‘international’ XLR configuration? I was under the impression that they were all going to have the same configuration, which was basically the 737 interior with more seats and an upgraded screen. Happy to be corrected though.

aerokiwi

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:11 am

getluv wrote:
I think being premium heavy is a point of difference for QF and they probably realised this when the 787s were launched. Hence, Sunrise.

They’ll never be able to compete on price not do they really try to especially when they have a QFF base that are addicted to points and status.

One thing QF has got going for them is that they never have trouble filling their premium cabins, even with their markups. And it’s no wonder their A380 cabin refit was solely focussed on increasing the real estate for their premium cabins in J and W.

I would argue the A333s only having 28J seats is leaving money on the table, when they could have easily pushed it up to 45J and had no issues. Premium cabins are also resistant to macroeconomic downturns.

While their competitors may have a better hard and soft product and at much cheaper prices, there is a perceived exclusivity people feel when flying QF. It sounds outrageous but it’s there. And it’s why I think all their dual aisle aircraft going forward will have at least 30% of real estate dedicated to premium cabins.

Anecdote alert... the CEO of my rather large travel happy employer just got back from a work trip to the US. He was so disgusted at the prices Qantas charged for business class (he only checke don his return) that he's changed the travel policy - all execs fly premium economy only for long haul. And if there's no Y+ it's economy. This is after ditching QF as our domestic preferred airline, opening up REX and Virgin to all staff.

I feel like the price gouging from QF is going to backfire eventually. They have a lock on people via corporate travel accounts and credit card arrangements. That's how they get away with a mediocre service and product offering.

In other news, "fuel mule" is a brilliant term. Hadn't heard that before.

James1980

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:24 am

So, with the many leased E190s in QLink flying regular domestic sectors within the country, im guessing that there's a pool of 738's sitting around?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

AirbusA322

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am

aerokiwi wrote:
getluv wrote:
I

I feel like the price gouging from QF is going to backfire eventually. They have a lock on people via corporate travel accounts and credit card arrangements. That's how they get away with a mediocre service and product offering.

That’s the duopoly at play right there. They don’t really have a major player to keep them honest. Woolworths and Coles have Aldi, who have actually forced those other two to lower prices, increase investment in home brands, it’s a very competitive field. The winner is the customer.

I don’t think any price gouging will backfire, yet. At the end if the day, QF is the monopoly player in so many markets, and unless we have someone else come in, or if Virgin becomes much bigger, little will change. Considering the lack of slots in many cities, it’s not really possible for someone else to walk in and take it to QF. Especially in regional areas, people have been screwed over for as long as those services have existed. Rex guilty also.

I assume executive bonus schemes are connected to margin growth. No doubt executives will be paid at stretch target as they have been fleecing the consumers. Shame on them.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:24 pm

James1980 wrote:
So, with the many leased E190s in QLink flying regular domestic sectors within the country, im guessing that there's a pool of 738's sitting around?

Not really, there’s mostly a pool of 717s sitting around.

737 utilisation is fairly high. There are relatively fewer A330s (and therefore relatively more 737s) flying SYD-MEL, SYD-PER etc, plus some of the Covid thought-bubbles have stuck (BNE-MKY was all Q400 before Covid, now mostly 737). 737s have also started appearing a bit more frequently in CBR and HBA again (mostly replacing 717s).

SCFlyer

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:53 pm

Also the recent announcement of QF/QQ expanding their wet-lease agreement to 30 E190s on the eve of the proposed QF takeover of QQ suggests that the QF/QQ wet-lease is staying as is and is not going anywhere, regardless if the ACCC rejects the proposed QF takeover of QQ.

Sylus

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:57 pm

AirbusA322 wrote:
Sylus wrote:
ben175 wrote:
From what I understand, loads have been strong MCY-TSV and MCY-AVV, with the other routes also doing quite well.

The ‘other’ routes are doing terrible. The Rockhampton flight is long dead, I’d be skeptical around any success re the other Rocky routes also, Melbourne might work.

Mackay and Whitsunday not that flash either.

I assume you are meaning TSV-ROK route? As the MCY-ROK route has not commenced yet (next week).
I guess it comes down to your idea of what is terrible. For the first month of a brand-new airline (with minimal lead in time) is 90-100 seats sold out of 186 terrible?
Probably too early to say I would have thought

ben175

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:58 pm

Media reporting QF12 in LAX had a slide deployed during departure a few days ago. Didn’t see it posted here.

JJWess

Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:46 pm

ben175 wrote:
Media reporting QF12 in LAX had a slide deployed during departure a few days ago. Didn’t see it posted here.

It was.

tristans wrote:

I feel bad for the FA who did that. Not sure what exactly happened, and I doubt the media knows either so it’s not always good to speculate. Passengers can’t even see the door from their seat so I have no idea how they determined it was a “jiggle of the handle”

getluv

Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:35 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
getluv wrote:
I think being premium heavy is a point of difference for QF and they probably realised this when the 787s were launched. Hence, Sunrise.

They’ll never be able to compete on price not do they really try to especially when they have a QFF base that are addicted to points and status.

One thing QF has got going for them is that they never have trouble filling their premium cabins, even with their markups. And it’s no wonder their A380 cabin refit was solely focussed on increasing the real estate for their premium cabins in J and W.

I would argue the A333s only having 28J seats is leaving money on the table, when they could have easily pushed it up to 45J and had no issues. Premium cabins are also resistant to macroeconomic downturns.

While their competitors may have a better hard and soft product and at much cheaper prices, there is a perceived exclusivity people feel when flying QF. It sounds outrageous but it’s there. And it’s why I think all their dual aisle aircraft going forward will have at least 30% of real estate dedicated to premium cabins.

Anecdote alert... the CEO of my rather large travel happy employer just got back from a work trip to the US. He was so disgusted at the prices Qantas charged for business class (he only checke don his return) that he's changed the travel policy - all execs fly premium economy only for long haul. And if there's no Y+ it's economy. This is after ditching QF as our domestic preferred airline, opening up REX and Virgin to all staff.

In other news, "fuel mule" is a brilliant term. Hadn't heard that before.

Meh. I’ve heard this before. You win some, you lose some. If major companies were leaving QF in droves, we’d know by now.

Depending on the size of the account, QF can offer corporate discounts of around 30% and I know QF do offer Friends & Family discounts to those employees for personal travel (for a limited time).

tullamarine

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:37 pm

What is this ‘international’ XLR configuration? I was under the impression that they were all going to have the same configuration, which was basically the 737 interior with more seats and an upgraded screen. Happy to be corrected though.

Correct, announced configuration is 20J/180Y which can only mean recliner seats in J. Lie-flats just won't fit. Look at comparable A321s with a premium J and you'll see what the configuration would look like if QF were planning lie-flat. JetBlue are 16J, 162Y.

QF's configuration looks very similar to how DL and AA configure some of the A321Ns DL has 20J, 174Y and AA 20J,176M. These configurations are all recliners upfront but do have 3 rows of extra legroom seats at the front of Y (same as VA Economy X).

In theory, QF could do one of the more modern 2X2 recliner seats in J such as Vantage Duo which offer greater comfort levels, higher recline levels, fixed shell etc but it is still hard to see how you do that with 20/180 though it is always possible that the super skinny Y seats as seen on JQ's new A321s are used by mainline also to crib a bit more space for upfront.

smi0006

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:04 pm

AirbusA322 wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
getluv wrote:
I

That’s the duopoly at play right there. They don’t really have a major player to keep them honest. Woolworths and Coles have Aldi, who have actually forced those other two to lower prices, increase investment in home brands, it’s a very competitive field. The winner is the customer.

I don’t think any price gouging will backfire, yet. At the end if the day, QF is the monopoly player in so many markets, and unless we have someone else come in, or if Virgin becomes much bigger, little will change. Considering the lack of slots in many cities, it’s not really possible for someone else to walk in and take it to QF. Especially in regional areas, people have been screwed over for as long as those services have existed. Rex guilty also.

I assume executive bonus schemes are connected to margin growth. No doubt executives will be paid at stretch target as they have been fleecing the consumers. Shame on them.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like the high prices, I put off going to MEL from SYD over Xmas as it was too much. But that’s capitalism - no shame on the exec, they are legally bound to maximise returns for shareholders… not the traveling public. If they don’t maximise returns for shareholders they are gonna be in a world of trouble. I’d love to know how many people bitch and moan about QF costs and profits…. Only to rejoice when they get a dividend or sell their QF shares at high? It’s sucks but it’s the world we live in.

I hope WSI, MEL new runway open up more slots for more competition, and maybe ZL and AB hang around long enough (and the public vote with their feet!) and give QF and VA a run for their money.

smi0006

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:06 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
James1980 wrote:

737 utilisation is fairly high. There are relatively fewer A330s (and therefore relatively more 737s) flying SYD-MEL, SYD-PER etc, plus some of the Covid thought-bubbles have stuck (BNE-MKY was all Q400 before Covid, now mostly 737). 737s have also started appearing a bit more frequently in CBR and HBA again (mostly replacing 717s).

Interesting around the 717s are the E190 lease much cheaper? Or as rumoured NationalJet has a crew shortage? Equally when would the crew start conversion training for the A220? Training must be beginning in coming months to build up a pool?

It there a way to pull a list of E190 and 717 routes?

EK413

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:49 pm

The 1st B717 -YQV is destined for retirement & will ferry today QF6216 MEL-CBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaB717

Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:10 pm

smi0006 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
James1980 wrote:

Interesting around the 717s are the E190 lease much cheaper? Or as rumoured NationalJet has a crew shortage? Equally when would the crew start conversion training for the A220? Training must be beginning in coming months to build up a pool?

E190:
BNE: ADL, CNS, CBR, TSV, some NTL... MKY, ROK, GLT and ISA to come
ADL: ASP, CBR, DRW, HBA, NTL, OOL occasionally
DRW: ASP, CBR, DIL, BNE for the next couple of weeks
TSV: MEL, SYD
MEL: NTL and CBR both starting mid-year

B717:
BNE: CBR, CNS, TSV, ROK, GLT, ISA, NTL, HBA, LST (seasonal)
MEL: CBR, HBA, LST, NTL, SYD, CFS, OOL, MCY
SYD: CBR, OOL, MCY, HBA, LST
CBR: HBA, CNS, MCY (seasonal), OOL (not sure if this route is gone for good though actually since JQ started)

The B717s will be completely withdrawn from BNE from mid-2023. First A220 is due to arrive, according to the info I've been told, in October and enter service in November - I assume that's first half of October and second half of November, respectively.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:14 am

Bonza 737MAX8 VH-UDV LN7471 is now ntu and going to Flair instead

https://boefamily.flights/737/43973

smi0006

Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:20 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

E190:

B717:
CBR: HBA, CNS, MCY (seasonal), OOL (not sure if this route is gone for good though actually since JQ started)

The B717s will be completely withdrawn from BNE from mid-2023. First A220 is due to arrive, according to the info I've been told, in October and enter service in November - I assume that's first half of October and second half of November, respectively.

Legend that’s brilliant thank you!! Interesting to see the breakdown between the two, with more A220s coming it feels to me the E190 wetlease is more of a shorter/mid term 717 replacement and the A220 is a smaller 738 replacement at the bottom of the capacity.

ArtV

Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:21 am

qf789 wrote:

Both airlines are owned by 777 Partners....so probably an internal allocation based upon needs/plans/success...

zkncj

Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:40 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

E190:

B717:

With more e190s being wet-leased recently, that will cover off the start of the 717 retirements.

I wonder if ZQN/CHC/WLG could be some of the early ports that see the a220s, freeing up some 738s.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:12 am

SIGWX

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:41 am

Qantas Group's first A220 will now not be delivered until November. It's planned EIS was to be in November, but that has been pushed back a little (exact new EIS date unknown).

smi0006

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:50 am

zkncj wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

E190:

B717:

With more e190s being wet-leased recently, that will cover off the start of the 717 retirements.

I wonder if ZQN/CHC/WLG could be some of the early ports that see the a220s, freeing up some 738s.

Very curious if they fit them with necessary ETOPs for Tasman? They seem a good fit for WLG for sure! ZQN is very seasonal, so maybe low season? Wonder if we’ll see them CBR-PER and a lot of flying out of WSI initially?

ben175

Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:55 am

I’ve heard first batch of A220s will be MEL based.

Goodbye

Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:20 am

qf789 wrote:

Perhaps the concept of flying to secondary cities from a secondary city isn't working out so great?

zkncj

Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:24 am

smi0006 wrote:
zkncj wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

E190:

B717:

Very curious if they fit them with necessary ETOPs for Tasman? They seem a good fit for WLG for sure! ZQN is very seasonal, so maybe low season? Wonder if we’ll see them CBR-PER and a lot of flying out of WSI initially?

Probably could be a good CBR-AKL/WLG fit, along with ADL-AKL. NZ sends a321’s to ADL, things must haven grown a bit on that pair since QF/JQ last tired it.

When QF ordered the a220s, they hinted that they could do Tasman/Pacific routes from the East Coast of Australia.

It would seem to make allot of sense to get them ETOP’s rated, or at least some of the fleet.

zkncj

Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:49 am

Goodbye wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Perhaps the concept of flying to secondary cities from a secondary city isn't working out so great?

Or more AB’s start was so delayed, that they aren’t current up the size they had originally planned to be by now.

vhqpa

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:31 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

E190:

B717:

^ The 717s haven’t been to TSV regularly since at least November. I moved up at the very end of November and haven’t seen a single 717 fly over my house. Apparently one did a one off a few days before Christmas. But otherwise BNE-TSV-BNE is split almost 50/50 between E90 and 73H. I have seen an odd 717 in the schedule but it becomes an E90 by the time it operates.

Thatcher

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:46 am

qf789 wrote:

WSI won't have a cross-runway, will it? IIRC just the two parallel runways eventually if the airport, ahem, takes off.

Is the lack of a cross runway seen as a problem, or more of a modern airport / aircraft thing and no big deal? Or will its more NE/SW alignment simply cope more easily with westerlies, compared to SYD's main runways.

LTEN11

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:59 am

Thatcher wrote:
qf789 wrote:

WSI won't have a cross-runway, will it? IIRC just the two parallel runways eventually if the airport, ahem, takes off.

Is the lack of a cross runway seen as a problem, or more of a modern airport / aircraft thing and no big deal? Or will its more NE/SW alignment simply cope more easily with westerlies, compared to SYD's main runways.

The runways are aligned NE/SW, so westerlies shouldn't prove too much of a problem. The NW winds the area can get will occasionally make life interesting, but they aren't normally as strong as the straight westerlies.

Most modern airports are all parallel runways now, it makes the airport operation far more efficient.

mrkerr7474

Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:28 am

Looks like SQ222 SYD-SIN is currently returning to SYD after an hour and a bit in the air

EK413

Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:41 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:
Looks like SQ222 SYD-SIN is currently returning to SYD after an hour and a bit in the air

Doesn’t appear to be a pressurisation issue as the aircraft is at FL380.

Flight SQ222 from Sydney to Singapore
https://fr24.com/SIA222/2f7882c4

EK413

Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:45 am

EK413 wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

Doesn’t appear to be a pressurisation issue as the aircraft is at FL380.

https://fr24.com/SIA222/2f7882c4

Pushing back

https://fr24.com/SIA222/2f78eb3b

NTLDaz

Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:45 pm

Sitting in BNE now waiting for my F100 flight to NTL. Just saw a JQ787 go past. Where do they fly out of BNE ? DPS ?

tullamarine

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:30 pm

NTLDaz wrote:
Sitting in BNE now waiting for my F100 flight to NTL. Just saw a JQ787 go past. Where do they fly out of BNE ? DPS ?

Yes, they go to DPS. JQ has a 788 cycle of MEL-DPS-BNE-DPS-MEL due to JQ 787 maintenance being MEL based.

Thatcher

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:34 pm

LTEN11 wrote:
Thatcher wrote:
qf789 wrote:

The runways are aligned NE/SW, so westerlies shouldn't prove too much of a problem. The NW winds the area can get will occasionally make life interesting, but they aren't normally as strong as the straight westerlies.

Most modern airports are all parallel runways now, it makes the airport operation far more efficient.

Ah, nice to know my thinking was on the right track!

Cheers.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:15 am

Jetstar's next A321neoLR VH-OFU had its second test flight XFW-XFW on Tuesday (7 Mar) and third test flight XFW-XFW yesterday (10 Mar), would think delivery wouldnt be to far away

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-azwx

EK413

Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:19 am

qf789 wrote:
Jetstar's next A321neoLR VH-OFU had its second test flight XFW-XFW on Tuesday (7 Mar) and third test flight XFW-XFW yesterday (10 Mar), would think delivery wouldnt be to far away

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-azwx

Believe OFU was scheduled for the 24/3-25/3 if not mistaken…

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos