Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 3/23: The March of time

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:31 pm

Good evening folks and welcome to our third thread of 2023; how time flies, nearly at the end of Q1 and the summer season just a month away. Some interesting and positive developments this month:

- Several new Emerald routes, including DUB-LPL.
- Two EI A330-200s returning to EI this month; also, EI's MAN based 321N, G-EIRH/EI-LRH returning to DUB
- Drone activity continues to cause havoc, despite arrest of one operator
- DUB records busiest January EVER
- EI returns to profit
- EI to operate NOC-LHR, using BHD slots
- More moaning about new runway and threats of legal action

So, some good news as the summer arrives and let's hope it's a good one!

Here's a link to the last thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1481137

PhilipBass

Re: Irish 3/23: The March of time

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:36 pm

Eagleboy

Re: Irish 2/23: Cleared takeoff and rolling ...

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:49 pm

DublinPaul wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
The thing is, it would be so easy for them to differentiate themselves but theres a blatant lack of interest, urgency or care in doing so.

The airline is, in a word, tired.

I would counter that the airline isnt "tired".
Rather than there is a lack of leadership or imagination amongst the senior execs.

I dont mind the lack of amenities on the A320neo, as its only on the DUB-LHR route. (and the aircraft were already fitted out before acquisition)
But the lack of any indication on a fleet renewal plan or a even a cabin upgrade shows a lack of innovation and/or imagination.

The CEO 10 years ago talked about the possibility of A320 connectivity as a differentiator, not a peep from the current absentee CEO.

iRISH251

Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:50 pm

PhilipBass wrote:
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/dublin/girl-4-asks-to-move-house-due-to-constant-noise-from-dublin-airports-north-runway-42363089.html
emotive piece lacking on detail.

I have yet to read an article where there is any examination of the issue or challenging of the complainants as to what they want beyond a "please make it go away" narrative. If the aircraft don't fly over one area and its residents they will have to overfly someone else.

iRISH251

Re: Irish 2/23: Cleared takeoff and rolling ...

Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:57 pm

kaitak wrote:
3/23 is up and running: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1481947

Just on the subject of EI, I have to say that I find a significant difference between EI and FR, even still. I just find it more relaxing. I like EI; I'm not bothered by the lack of creature comforts; I like the Bia menu and I find the crews nice. Sure, there's glitches that they could fix. I flew BA very recently from DUB-LHR-JER and back and while not a bad experience at all, I think EI have a better product on Y class short haul. On BA now, you get a small bottle of water and a very small packet of pretzels. That's it; no choice, or no option to buy anything. They were free, ok, but I think I'd prefer the option of buying something I like with EI. The only thing that really annoys me about EI is the rather threatening announcement about not filming/taking photos. It just comes across as a little hostile. Other than that, I'm fine with EI. They're doing their best against extremely tough competition.

I tend to agree. Ryanair are not sweetness and light, despite their operational efficiency. Some of the aircraft are looking tired inside and the seats are sometimes far from pristine. They are also uncomfortable on anything but a short sector. There is a constant stream of high-volume announcements on board and don't forget all the queuing games that go on before the operating aircraft has even got near the airport that you are departing from. Given a choice, if the price difference is not significant on a given route, I would choose EI over FR,.

OA260

Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:33 am

kaitak wrote:
EI's MAN based 321N, G-EIRH/EI-LRH returning to DUB

I saw it at MAN the other day and wondered when it was returning .

Jake801

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:07 am

OA260 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

What's the story here? Are they not operating a previously planned route from MAN this year? Noted in last week's results that the MAN base was called out as "profitable" but no further detail. The Barbados route is often on tiktok and Youtube etc and the loads "look" light every time.

EK770

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:19 am

Can anyone show what were the flight paths in the original planning vs. what was initially implemented vs. what's currently used? How 'off' are they, and why is the DAA deviating from the paths in the original plan?

BrianDromey

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:40 am

Jake801 wrote:
OA260 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

What's the story here? Are they not operating a previously planned route from MAN this year? Noted in last week's results that the MAN base was called out as "profitable" but no further detail. The Barbados route is often on tiktok and Youtube etc and the loads "look" light every time.

MAN is going to be 2x A333 for the summer. Not sure about the winter TBH. JFK and MCO will operate for the summer. BOS was announced as a planned destination, but SNN-BOS seems to be operating instead. The two A333s at MAN are probably the reason there are two A332s coming back into the fleet. I think the A321XLRs should have been here this summer too.

Jake801

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:45 am

EK770 wrote:
Can anyone show what were the flight paths in the original planning vs. what was initially implemented vs. what's currently used? How 'off' are they, and why is the DAA deviating from the paths in the original plan?

There's a good few maps at this site https://northrunway.exhibition.app/

Hard to tell exactly but it seems the initial path operating was a sharp right turn at 1,200 to 1,500 feet taking off 28R, the maps indicate a similar turn but further West so presumably at higher altitudes.

ClassicLover

Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:38 pm

PhilipBass wrote:
https://www.independent.ie/regionals/dublin/girl-4-asks-to-move-house-due-to-constant-noise-from-dublin-airports-north-runway-42363089.html

Emotive piece lacking on detail.

I have zero sympathy, I'm afraid. The airport has been there for a long time and the land for the new runway has been there for a long time. It's not like it was a surprise and even the person in the article admits they asked about it when they bought the house. That's the risk you take, I'm afraid!

eidvm

Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:09 pm

Jake801 wrote:
There's a good few maps at this site https://northrunway.exhibition.app/

Have to say based on the published planning maps in that link the flight paths seem to be exactly where they said they would be and the higher noise levels even highlighted for areas like Coolquay where the subject of that Irish Independent article seems to be living were highlighted to be in the higher range.

Very strange to have only moved into the area 7 years ago, when the runway was well flagged, having been planned for for over 70 years, having had its original planning permission from back ~2007/8, and having been announced in 2016 that construction would be starting.

Sounds to me like people want the airport and travelling public to pay for their homes to be insulated.

IrishTexan

Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:15 am

Looks like AA have made equipment changes on flights from DUB to DFW,ORD and PHL. Operated by 789 to Sep.5, and now change to 788 from Sep.6 to the end of the season in late October. I'm pretty sure these flights were scheduled as 789 up until recently. Had been planning flights a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure they had been offering 789 service when I did my earlier search.

DublinPaul

Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:39 am

Dublin Airport gets approval for a €200 million tunnel under runway 16/34 from Fingal Council.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0 ... ay-tunnel/

Jake801

Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:18 am

IrishTexan wrote:
Looks like AA have made equipment changes on flights from DUB to DFW,ORD and PHL. Operated by 789 to Sep.5, and now change to 788 from Sep.6 to the end of the season in late October. I'm pretty sure these flights were scheduled as 789 up until recently. Had been planning flights a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure they had been offering 789 service when I did my earlier search.

Where did you see the 789 operating? When I look online AA have 788 still.

OA260

Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:12 am

Ryanair passenger numbers up 22% in February

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0 ... l-figures/

The load factor went from 86% to 92% .

IrishTexan

Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:28 pm

Jake801 wrote:
IrishTexan wrote:

Where did you see the 789 operating? When I look online AA have 788 still.

AA booking site aa.com still shows 789 Apr to Sep.5 for DFW-DUB-DFW, with a switch to 788 for remainder of season. ORD and PHL also showing as 789 in early Sep with switch to 788 on Sep.6. I did look and see 788 on PHL-DUB in Apr and May so it seems they are making equipment changes currently.

OA260

Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:34 pm

A rare visitor at DUB this morning:

There are reports of more drone activity now at DUB also with operations suspended .

tibsthefox

Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:17 pm

More drones, Ryanair 7700 near Belfast after holding at Dublin and above Belfast Intl, emergency fuel maybe?

veron

Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:30 pm

EK163 diverted to SNN and FR1026 diverted to BFS this evening. Anyone have any more info? Seems departures are queuing up too.
Thanks

AmricanShamrok

Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:42 pm

OA260 wrote:
A rare visitor at DUB this morning:

I've said it before but I think we need a proper government jet like this (an Airbus ACJ or Boeing BBJ). I think they need to move away from the range and capacity-limited Gulfstreams and Learjets which no longer seem fit for purpose.

ClassicLover

Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Interesting news.

If you look at the British Airways Airways Avios Calculator -

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/flight-calculator/public/en_gb

When you put in Aer Lingus and select say DUB-LHR or DUB-JFK or whatever, it shows that you are awarded Avios... and Tier Points!

This will be a gamechanger for me if it's actually true.

For what it's worth, someone mentioned the information in that calculator is pulled from the table the system uses to award the actual figures to people's accounts. I'll be very curious to see if this is true and if it does... and whether we'll see some announcement about this.

Eirules

Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:45 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Interesting news.

If you look at the British Airways Airways Avios Calculator -

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/flight-calculator/public/en_gb

When you put in Aer Lingus and select say DUB-LHR or DUB-JFK or whatever, it shows that you are awarded Avios... and Tier Points!

This will be a gamechanger for me if it's actually true.

For what it's worth, someone mentioned the information in that calculator is pulled from the table the system uses to award the actual figures to people's accounts. I'll be very curious to see if this is true and if it does... and whether we'll see some announcement about this.

Hopefully true. While it may not change my transatlantic flying (because I try to avoid EI), earning TPs on European flights would definitely help to retain BA Gold

ClassicLover

Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:05 pm

Eirules wrote:
Hopefully true. While it may not change my transatlantic flying (because I try to avoid EI), earning TPs on European flights would definitely help to retain BA Gold

Same here, the European flights will stop me doing so much DUB-LHR-XXX flying.

Though it's not like a lot of fare classes are available to earn, and AerSpace's "I" class is not there at all.

BrianDromey

Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:47 pm

I was going to post this. It should have a health warning for now, for two reasons.
1) The QR 'Basic' Business fare class was showing reduced earning earlier in the week. This was, apparently, an error and has since been fixed.
2) Standalone ORK-ACE, for example wouldn't be part of the AJB, as I understand it, so would not be expected to earn TP's unless EI becomes a oneworld or oneworld connect airline in their own right?

There hasn't been a non-oneworld airline in the AJB before, so while it is unusual for a non-oneworld airline to earn Tier points, the AJB does make provision for EI transatlantic flights to be integrated with other FFPs. BA might have decided that all EI flights count, rather than limiting EI earning to a certain flight range. I think EI 001 - EI199 would cover all transatlantic routes, for example? Ba have carved out inverse situations before, some of the LAN airlines didn't earn points on domestic flights due to regulatory concerns, as I recall.

ClassicLover

Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:45 am

BrianDromey wrote:
I was going to post this. It should have a health warning for now, for two reasons.
1) The QR 'Basic' Business fare class was showing reduced earning earlier in the week. This was, apparently, an error and has since been fixed.
2) Standalone ORK-ACE, for example wouldn't be part of the AJB, as I understand it, so would not be expected to earn TP's unless EI becomes a oneworld or oneworld connect airline in their own right?

There hasn't been a non-oneworld airline in the AJB before, so while it is unusual for a non-oneworld airline to earn Tier points, the AJB does make provision for EI transatlantic flights to be integrated with other FFPs. BA might have decided that all EI flights count, rather than limiting EI earning to a certain flight range. I think EI 001 - EI199 would cover all transatlantic routes, for example? Ba have carved out inverse situations before, some of the LAN airlines didn't earn points on domestic flights due to regulatory concerns, as I recall.

Well, checking the calculator this morning on the BA website shows all the Tier Points on EI are back to zero. Looks like someone was either testing something or they screwed something up.

To your second point thouigh. While I completely understand that short haul routes would not be part of the AJB, as they are not transatlantic routes, you would expect that there might be agreement between BA and EI to award Tier Points on all routes. I don't believe it necessarily has to wait for oneworld or oneworld Connect. They can make any agreement they like when it comes to that. I do agree though, that it's virtually unheard of for a non-alliance airline to earn TPs.

Hopefully they were testing something that is indicating something is coming. Either way, for now, the status quo prevails and we continue to wait and see.

BrianDromey

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:19 am

ClassicLover wrote:
Hopefully they were testing something that is indicating something is coming. Either way, for now, the status quo prevails and we continue to wait and see.

I do think there is something going on behind the scenes. The re-alignment of fares from the winter schedule is a hint something is afoot. On the face of it oneworld connect seems the ideal solution for an airline obsessed with half baked solutions.

BangersAndMash

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:27 am

ClassicLover wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

Well, checking the calculator this morning on the BA website shows all the Tier Points on EI are back to zero. Looks like someone was either testing something or they screwed something up.

To your second point thouigh. While I completely understand that short haul routes would not be part of the AJB, as they are not transatlantic routes, you would expect that there might be agreement between BA and EI to award Tier Points on all routes. I don't believe it necessarily has to wait for oneworld or oneworld Connect. They can make any agreement they like when it comes to that. I do agree though, that it's virtually unheard of for a non-alliance airline to earn TPs.

I would guess testing. BA have made a number of positive changes lately, including allowing 2 for 1 vouchers to be used on IB and EI. Maybe IAG have finally realised that properly integrating their airlines is a win-win?

tibsthefox

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:58 am

EI-DUO coming home today!

ClassicLover

Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:22 am

BrianDromey wrote:
I do think there is something going on behind the scenes. The re-alignment of fares from the winter schedule is a hint something is afoot. On the face of it oneworld connect seems the ideal solution for an airline obsessed with half baked solutions.

For sure, as they've been hiring roles with AJB mentioned in it for a while now. I won't mind oneworld connect, because it will allow EI to select certain partners (or those partners to select EI!), which will likely be AA, BA, AY, IB and hopefully one of the airlines that flies east. It could likely be QR which would conceivably be best here considering their coverage out of Doha.

BangersAndMash wrote:
I would guess testing. BA have made a number of positive changes lately, including allowing 2 for 1 vouchers to be used on IB and EI. Maybe IAG have finally realised that properly integrating their airlines is a win-win?

Fingers crossed! :)

eidvm

Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:43 am

tibsthefox wrote:
More drones, Ryanair 7700 near Belfast after holding at Dublin and above Belfast Intl, emergency fuel maybe?

It’s getting beyond silly at this stage that this drone interference is still ongoing, and the Ryanair flight being forced into a fuel emergency situation just highlights how perilous these actions are.

Had anything gone wrong up in Belfast yesterday when that flight diverted such as another aircraft getting stuck on the runway or having its own emergency, a power cut at the airport or any other list of little things that could go wrong we’d likely be waking up today to news of 189 people killed in a plane crash.

The minister needs to get his act together, get a drone protection system in place and until then have a large Garda or army presence around the airport perimeter to deter or catch whoever is causing this dangerous interference.

HTCone

Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:50 am

eidvm wrote:
tibsthefox wrote:

It’s getting beyond silly at this stage that this drone interference is still ongoing, and the Ryanair flight being forced into a fuel emergency situation just highlights how perilous these actions are.

Had anything gone wrong up in Belfast yesterday when that flight diverted such as another aircraft getting stuck on the runway or having its own emergency, a power cut at the airport or any other list of little things that could go wrong we’d likely be waking up today to news of 189 people killed in a plane crash.

The minister needs to get his act together, get a drone protection system in place and until then have a large Garda or army presence around the airport perimeter to deter or catch whoever is causing this dangerous interference.

They'd have gotten in at BHD if needed in this particular case but I get what you are saying. The Minister and Government need to be seem to be taking this seriously. Base the Garda choppers in DUB on the sly for a few weeks and launch and track the minute a sighting is reported. If they don't have the required direction finding gear then they need to source it immediately.

OA260

Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:55 am

ClassicLover wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

For sure, as they've been hiring roles with AJB mentioned in it for a while now. I won't mind oneworld connect, because it will allow EI to select certain partners (or those partners to select EI!), which will likely be AA, BA, AY, IB and hopefully one of the airlines that flies east. It could likely be QR which would conceivably be best here considering their coverage out of Doha.

BangersAndMash wrote:

Fingers crossed! :)

And for those of us who are Concierge it will open up a whole new world of benefits. It might also generate some of those lost to come back and stay loyal.

nickya340

Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:35 pm

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/16 ... ei2IG6OcgA

CFN-GLA is coming back. Wonder if it will be Saab 340 or Atr42?

LH982

Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:57 pm

nickya340 wrote:
https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/1631642296243351553?s=46&t=aNp7gdC5y4Niei2IG6OcgA

Saab's will be gone shortly, as they aquire more ATRs

JannEejit

Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:44 pm

nickya340 wrote:
https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/1631642296243351553?s=46&t=aNp7gdC5y4Niei2IG6OcgA

The final two Saabs should be gone by July, so unlikely to be those.

Vicenza

Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 pm

eidvm wrote:

A bit overly dramatic seeing as BHD, only a few miles away, was available.

eidvm

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:36 pm

Vicenza wrote:
eidvm wrote:

I'll admit I hadn't thought of BHD alright, though if they had gone to SNN instead and something went wrong the outcome could have been as grim as set out with no other airport close by. None the less, the overall point remains, drone interference is having a significant safety and operational impact at the airport, brought home by the fact an aircraft was forced into a situation where it had to declare a fuel emergency yesterday.

Despite this, there doesn't actually seem to be any action to deter or catch whatever criminal is behind it, merely rhetoric on the radio about how it is illegal, not to fly drones within 5km of the airport and how they're looking into things. Surely after this fuel emergency incident, minds should be sharpened and a continuous garda or army presence around the perimeter could be maintained for the next few weeks until they can get a more permanent anti-drone device installed at the airport?

OA260

Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:18 pm

"Joe Biden is due in Dublin in about eight weeks’ time. The US president will fly in on Air Force One and have his helicopter Marine One with him. The US Secret Service tends not to take kindly to security threats. Dublin Airport has two months to sort out the drone problem – or the Yanks will."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/d ... 68152.html

The sudden wake up call to the government that this needs sorted asap is probably due to the above and I wonder if this trip wasnt planned would it be getting certain politicians off their backsides !

Vicenza

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:01 pm

eidvm wrote:
Vicenza wrote:
eidvm wrote:

I'll admit I hadn't thought of BHD alright, though if they had gone to SNN instead and something went wrong the outcome could have been as grim as set out with no other airport close by. None the less, the overall point remains, drone interference is having a significant safety and operational impact at the airport, brought home by the fact an aircraft was forced into a situation where it had to declare a fuel emergency yesterday.

Despite this, there doesn't actually seem to be any action to deter or catch whatever criminal is behind it, merely rhetoric on the radio about how it is illegal, not to fly drones within 5km of the airport and how they're looking into things. Surely after this fuel emergency incident, minds should be sharpened and a continuous garda or army presence around the perimeter could be maintained for the next few weeks until they can get a more permanent anti-drone device installed at the airport?

I don't disagree in the slightest with your overall point at all, but rather the dramatism involved when it wasn't all necessary in the circumstances. Granted, SNN could have been a completely different situation, like ORK, but that wasn't the picture.
A basic commercial drone can easily fly to around 9 miles, so a Garda or army presence wouldn't necessarily have the effect you think. Equally, unless they happen to come across the operator how would they easily bring it down?

Eirules

Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:06 pm

OA260 wrote:
"Joe Biden is due in Dublin in about eight weeks’ time. The US president will fly in on Air Force One and have his helicopter Marine One with him. The US Secret Service tends not to take kindly to security threats. Dublin Airport has two months to sort out the drone problem – or the Yanks will."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/d ... 68152.html

The sudden wake up call to the government that this needs sorted asap is probably due to the above and I wonder if this trip wasnt planned would it be getting certain politicians off their backsides !

Not if it’s left to the gombeen minister for transport to deal with it. He was on the news at 1 stuttering & bumbling as usual, useless numpty. This crap is going on 6 weeks and he’s talking months before it’s sorted. If all of a sudden there was a threat to the country’s cycle lanes it’d be a priority

KIRFlyer

Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:26 am

I see FR have raised the starting/average price on the KIR/DUB route to €47.99 each way. This was roughly the same price that RE/EIR used to charge. I don’t think enough demand has been stimulated for people to be content to pay the above price. I think passenger numbers will drop and FR will have even emptier planes!

OA260

Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:20 am

Regulator imposes €3.1m penalty on Dublin Airport
Move means DAA will have to cut its passenger charges this year

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/202 ... n-airport/

I doubt we will see these savings being passed onto the consumer.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:00 pm

KIRFlyer wrote:
I see FR have raised the starting/average price on the KIR/DUB route to €47.99 each way. This was roughly the same price that RE/EIR used to charge. I don’t think enough demand has been stimulated for people to be content to pay the above price. I think passenger numbers will drop and FR will have even emptier planes!

That's disappointing and a massive jump from the €19.99 each way fare that it had been charging up to now.

EI321

Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:58 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
KIRFlyer wrote:

That's disappointing and a massive jump from the €19.99 each way fare that it had been charging up to now.

I wonder is that just for the busier summer period.

EI321

Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:21 pm

Any news on EI-DUO? It was due back in DUB a few days ago but looks like its been delayed.

ClassicLover

Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:42 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

Very much so, but still so much faster than the train service, probably worth the price premium.

OA260

Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:57 am

February was another record month for passengers at Dublin Airport with 2.06 million people passing through. That was 3% higher than in Feb 2019 and 1% higher than in the previous busiest ever February in 2020

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/statu ... 43457?s=20

The positive trend continues in Februarys stats .

tibsthefox

Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:58 am

EI321 wrote:
Any news on EI-DUO? It was due back in DUB a few days ago but looks like its been delayed.

DUO was due back Friday but the flight number disappeared off FR24 at around 4 O Clock on Friday. Hopefully we see some movement this week

Eagleboy

Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:17 pm

PhilipBass wrote:
emotive piece lacking on detail.

Very upsetting for the family. But sadly the reality is that this was always going to be an issue.
Living close to an airport means aircraft noise, regardless of flightpath.

Niamh and her husband looked into the situation before moving into the area, but they didn’t expect it to be this bad.
“We recently renovated our home and only moved to the area in the past seven years. My husband had checked with the council about where the proposed bypass was meant to be for the new runway before it was built,” she said.
“We were told it was fine so obviously when it opened, we got a massive shock. They were flying directly over the house at low altitude.
“Your home is immediately devalued if you’re under a flight path. This is meant to be our forever home.

Eirules wrote:
Not if it’s left to the gombeen minister for transport to deal with it. He was on the news at 1 stuttering & bumbling as usual, useless numpty. This crap is going on 6 weeks and he’s talking months before it’s sorted......
Eamon Ryan really doesnt project well at all. He comes across as incompetent.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos