Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dvintiadis
Topic Author

Just Booked Singapore F Class! Question

Fri May 03, 2002 2:48 am

Hello all,

i just booked a ticket from Amsterdam to New York on singapore's First class.It seems it is a restricted fare e-ticket and i don't know the rules really well.I know it is not refundable and not reroutable but can i change the dates of travel??Also i will be flying from London to Amsterdam the previous evening and then leaving in the morning from Amsterdam to New York,does singapore offer anything for passengers staying overnight for their flight?Also please tell me the benefits and amenities i have in Singapores First class.

Thank you

dvintiadis
Topic Author

RE: Just Booked Singapore F Class! Question

Fri May 03, 2002 3:53 am

Come on people.Give me some answers please!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri May 03, 2002 4:10 am

Sorry, I am doing homework!

Quickly tomorrow call SIA reservations UK on 0870 6088886 and get your booking changed.

I did the same when I hashed up my aunty's booking on SIA in Y Class using singaporeair.com. Contrary to the terms and conditions strangely, changing dates was a doddle.

As for overnight accomodation, maybe you could phone SIA UK and ask, or if that fails, when in AMS, go to the SIA desk and say you are F Class and you are hoping to get overnight accomodation. Dunno if they will be able to help you though! No guarantees.

Enjoy your flight on Singapore Airlines First Class - where aristocratic superlatives cannot describe the comfort and ambience that exudes from there!
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Greg

Fri May 03, 2002 4:49 am

Gimme a break..another teen in First Class.
What fare code are you booked?

BTW...F class on SQ is no better or worse than CX or BA.

Leezyjet

Fri May 03, 2002 5:04 am

Try the Radisson SAS hotel at AMS. It's 5 star - v. nice - I stayed there 2 weeks ago. It costs about 90 Euros/night and has complimentary shuttle bus to/from terminal. Also tied into STAR alliance so should get some discount/points if you are STAR frequent flier member.

If you can afford a 'F class' ticket then I'm sure you can afford to pay for your own room - why should the airline pay just because you are in First ?? and also probably won't have any staff at airport when you get there if no flights operating at that time of day.

Enjoy your flight - and just remember that it's you guys up in First that subsidise the fares for those down the back in steerage !!.
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

Fri May 03, 2002 5:11 am

I think the rule {at least this is what I have seen on the net} that if the stopover is voluntary you have to pay for the hotel yourself, if you were thinking that SQ would pay for it.

If the overnight stopover has to be made because of bad flight connections and no seat availability, the airline may pay.

I say this because of the JAL/KE/etc fares ex Australia for the US- sometimes you have to overnight in say NRT or ICN etc because of the flight times- eg LAX flight departs 14 hours after you arrive.

Happy travelling!

SixStarAnsett  Big thumbs up

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri May 03, 2002 6:04 am

Greg: Thank you for comments that were totally irrelevant for the post in hand.

The amenities. Ummm.

Please go this link here.

I am actually quite suprised that you are flying Singapore Airlines First Class without knowing what its about! Family holiday?

dvintiadis
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2002 6:52 am

Singapore_Air,

i actually was looking at fares and i found this EXTREMELY SUPER low fare for singapore first class from Amsterdam, so i booked it!!I know singapore has one of the best premium products but i would like some small but important details and staff like that.

Greg: you are out of Topic!!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri May 03, 2002 6:56 am

Oh dear! A low fare?! Shame on our yields!

Oh well now that I have time...

With Singapore Airlines First Class, you will be in what seems to be, a private club. In a cabin with the Skysuite dressed in luxurious Connolly Leather, as found in Rolls Royces and Jaguar trimmed with gorgeous burr wood.

As you sit in the Skysuite, take a moment to experience it. Press all the buttons and have some fun. After pre-take off drinks and takeoff, switch on to WISEMEN, the most advanced inflight entertainment system with a plethora of audio and visual choices available, including FlightPath, CNN NewsText and games. With audio and video on demand enabled in First Class, you can pause or fast-forward etc...

When you want to go to bed, get your Givenchy pyjamas, press the button for the turn-down service (a woman with a rectangle infront of her). Change in the toilet and then come back out  Big grin

Service is brilliant as always and you'll be really impressed.

Singapore Airlines First Class - A Great Way To Fly

(if you could take photos of the seat and toilet, it would be really appreciated  Big thumbs up)

dvintiadis
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2002 7:01 am

What is the lowest fare you have heard for a round trip first class ticket from Amsterdam to New York ?

9V-SVE

Fri May 03, 2002 7:24 am

Thats what you'll expect from Singapore_Air! Big grin

TonyBurr

Fri May 03, 2002 7:54 am

SQ First is absoultely TREMENDOUS! The comfort is excellent and the service is beyond measure. I do not believe that they will put you up in a hotel in AMS. If u are flying SQ in and beyong Singapore, you can get some great rates at hotels at Singapore Stopver plan. But it is not free, even in full fare F class.

If it truly is a F class tkt u can make changes, dates, or refund. If you say you cannot do that with your ticket, I really wnder what kind of ticket you have.

Ex_SQer

Fri May 03, 2002 8:20 am

Six Star Ansett is correct re: rules regarding hotel accommodation. These rules, however, generally apply only if you booked the entire London-Amsterdam-New York Itinerary on the same booking. If your London-Amsterdam bookings are on a different itinerary, then you are probably out of luck. You can always ask, though.

docpepz

Fri May 03, 2002 9:54 am

I have a parent who used to work in SIA till a couple of years back and thus have taken SQ First Class before.(staff benefits)

I must say that it's really out of this world. However, since I haven't had the opportunity to take the first class of other airlines, I'm really in no position to compare SQ's product with others in the industry.

SQ's First Class does win many awards annually and so does BA's and CX's. It just depends on which magazine's dong the poll. I believe all three offer a great product.

Greg, since you did mention that SQ's First Class is no better than CX's or BA's, I would take it you've taken all three before? Thus I would guess you're the best person here to do a comparison between the three airlines.

Cheers.

djcrooks

Fri May 03, 2002 10:36 am

I just priced an F class ticket on the Singapore Airlines website. 5/20/02 AMS-EWR and 5/27/02 EWR-AMS. Total fare is 2119 Euros (approximately US$1865). Northwest/KLM is quoting US$3532 in business class. While the SQ fare in F is still not "cheap", it's certainly a bargain.

dvintiadis
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2002 11:04 am

That is exactly the fare that i booked djcrooks.
I consider this fare extremely low for International first class and especially for Singapore. I don't know if you people agree but i saw it as a bargain.Plus the singapore site quotes a higher fare for Business class then first!!
C class 2500 euros
F class 2119 euros!!
How do you explain that???

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri May 03, 2002 4:08 pm

Most strange.

The quote on Singapore Airlines Netherlands website quotes
----
Verenigde Staten New York 3.285
----
Verenigde Staten New York 2.110
----

Well the Raffles Class fare seems more in line.
Good thing Dutch is similar to English  Laugh out loud

9V-SVA

Fri May 03, 2002 4:27 pm

It is a very nice experience to be in First Class. I've been in it before, but not in the Skysuites.

If you wish, you can call SIA AMS to order a Book-The-Cook service. They will custom-make the food you choose on the day of flight.

I believe the menu is on the SIA site.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

dvintiadis
Topic Author

Sat May 04, 2002 2:04 am

Thank you guys.Really excited and looking forward for my flight.Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos