Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

richcandy
Topic Author

BA New Club World Or VS Upper Class?

Mon May 20, 2002 7:30 pm

Hi

Which is better British Airways new Club World or Virgin Upper Class??

Please let me know what you think

Rich

artsyman

RE: BA New Club World Or VS Upper Class?

Mon May 20, 2002 8:02 pm

Despite Virgin atlantics massive popularity with travelers, I think that the quality of product on BA first class is higher than Upper Class although Virgin seems a little more 'hip'... oh god.. did I just use that word ?

Jer

Leezyjet

Mon May 20, 2002 8:29 pm

Artsyman,

The origional question was comapring BA's CLUB WORLD and VS's Upper Class, NOT BA's FIRST Class.

Virgin do not have FIRST class, therefore the two cannot be compared. Upper Class is Virgin's name for Business Class, although it is a common error to assume that it is comparable to other airlines 'First', as most airlines usually offer 3 classes of first,business and economy, and Virgin also have 3 classes, but they are Upper (business), Premium Economy (speaks for itself), and Economy.

I guess then that is why Richcandy was asking for a comparison on Club World, and Upper Class, as these are the two airlines comparable services.

Sorry for being pedantic Big grin
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

artsyman

Mon May 20, 2002 8:34 pm

Sorry about that, I just got out my bed, although I would add that it is unfair to compare airlines that offer a separate first and business with the ones that offer a mixed one. Virgin Upper class and Continentals Business First tend to offer a mix of Business and first class, where as airlines like BA have both products therefore have to justify the difference between the product.

Jeremy

SInGAPORE_AIR

Mon May 20, 2002 8:53 pm

Well if I can remember, Virgin Atlantic Airways Upper Class is quite nice from the pictures.

Upper Class seats are 6ft or 6ft 6" (forgot) and are red. They are not fully flat.

There is a bar with about 10 stools with wines, champagnes, spirits, snacks etc...

Dining is à la carte as always.

The entertainment system has a wide selection of audio and visual choices.

You can have a massage in the beauty parlour located somewhere in the cabin.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

TonyBurr

Mon May 20, 2002 9:43 pm

I flew Virgin from LHR-IAD and was VERY impressed with the cabin/service. The bar was a very nice attraction. Even if you do not drink you can be there talking to people ( Virgin actually turns the "fasten Seat Belt" sign off unlike some airlines) and it makes the trip go much faster and much more pleasent. The service was tremendous. I have to admit I was not thrilled with the seats at all.

BA new Business class with the fully reclining seats is fantastic. The cabin is very impressive and service is always top notch.

So this does not help? Both are great. maybe take one airline one way and the other the other way and let us know what you think!

lapper

Mon May 20, 2002 9:49 pm

I flew Upper class back from SFO last month. As I have not flown BA Club World, I cannot compare. The Upper class seats are quite comfortable, when laid out for sleeping, they go to 6 feet, although not flat out, at a slight slant under the seat in front. You also get a duvet, large pillow and pyjamas if you wish (quite comfy too!) The beauty therapy depends on how busy Upper Class is, as they can only do so many treatments during the flight, however if they do not get round to you, you are given a card to hand in next time for priority treatment.

BTW Singapore_Air, the seats are purple, the seat backs are red  Wink/being sarcastic

Greg

Mon May 20, 2002 10:04 pm

Having flown both, I would recommend BA.
Although I am not a huge fan of the new seats..it would appear I am in the minority.
I have always had excellent service in Club World.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Mon May 20, 2002 10:06 pm

Lapper: IC  Smile
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos