ei 168
Topic Author

Ryanair Continue To Fly High

Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:17 pm

Ryanair still seems to be defying odds again and again.
This is a news article in this mornings paper in Ireland....

"Budget airline Ryanair showed passengers are continuing to fly towards the no-frills option today.

The Dublin-based operator carried 1.25m people on its aircraft last month, 34% up on a year ago.

The airline first broke through the 'million' barrier last August and June???s figure sets another new record for the company.

Ryanair said more than nine in 10 people - 91% - booked their tickets over the Internet, while its planes were 88% full.

After first taking to the air 16 years ago, the airline now has a network of 76 routes across 13 countries.

It has aggressively cut prices and last month put two million seats on sale offering flights at just a tenner from Ireland to the UK and Europe."

David_itl

RE: Ryanair Continue To Fly High

Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:22 pm

And of course, they've done this on the back of neither increasing the number of flights nor accepting delivery of aircraft. Oh, silly me. Both those things occurred.

David/MAN

richardw

Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:32 pm

and two many crack of dawn and late evening flights. You will catch the last Stansted Express train to London! oh no you won't.

eugdog

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:22 pm

The crack of dawn/late evening flights are very convieniant for me - last Tuesday I went to Venice for £50 (incl taxes) just for the day I had nearly 10 hrs to explore the magnificent city- no overpriced and dingy hotel rooms to pay for or expensive dinners in overpriced Venetian restaurants!!!!

I shall take another day trip there at some other time to see the bits I did not see on day one.

First weekend in August I go to Venice for a extended weekend break - I am going to see the Dolomite mountains north of Venice (price of trip £69 incl taxes!!!)

Now can you see why I LOVE Ryannair.

BTW BA offers just 50000 cheap seats per month Ryannair cary one million per month. so BA offer just 5% of what Ryanair offer.

David_itl

Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:30 pm

And who's more respected in the aviation industry? Misleadingair or BA (even though I'm not a huge fan of BA)?

David

richardw

Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:32 am

BA and cheaper too!

Just checked LON-GOA going out 2/11/02 returning 9/11/02, BA £99, FR £148.34. That's £49.34 saved if you go on BA or 33% off the FR fare!

eugdog

Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:15 am

There are alway going to cases where Ryanair are going to be more expensive then British airways - but these are exceptions - I do not know why Ryanair are charging £109 for a one way flight on that weekend but it you returned on the midmorning flight on 11 November you would pay about £40 return (assuming nov 02 departure)!!!

You booked a flight nearly 4 months in advance so you would have a much better chance of getting one those very rare discount flights on BA! I am sure that if no discont airline operated to Genoa you would pay much more

I am going on Ryanair to Genoa for the day for £25 this August!!

airblue

Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:38 am

I think Ryanair fares for 2/11/02 are so high because between 01/11 and 3/11 in Italy there is a long bank-holiday week end, so many people will plan a short week end trip.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos