Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qantas777
Topic Author

Tour Of Boeing Factory Possible?

Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:42 pm

I am thinking of going to Seattle this Saturday and I am wondering if Boeing offers any tours of their facilities, especially on Saturdays??

thanks!

Vref

RE: Tour Of Boeing Factory Possible?

Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:49 pm

Found this on Boeing .com
I visited Everett back when the first couple 777 were just about done.
Another visit will be planned next time I'm out west.
Hope this helps
cheers.....

The Boeing Everett factory tours are conducted to showcase The Boeing Company and the Everett product line, the 747, 767, and 777. As part of the tour, visitors will be located in the largest building in the world by volume (472,000,000 cubic feet). On the Boeing flight line, visitors will see airplanes in various stages of flight test and manufacture for airline customers around the world. Visitors come from every walk of life and from every region of the globe, all with a common interest -- to see the number one aerospace leader in the world: The Boeing Company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in The Boeing Company.
For more information about the Boeing Everett Tour Center, contact [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tour Center Home

Remember! She will fly over gross but not out of gas!

fsuwxman

Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:03 pm

I have been on the tour in Everett three times. It is really interesting seeing all the aircraft in the building. Then you get the tour on the bus where you see all the aircraft parked being tested and painted. Everytime I go to Seattle I try to go on the tour. It kind of sucks that they do not do a tour of the 737/757 factory in Renton. But you can sit in the park between the factory and the runway and watch them test the planes (pre- 9/11).
ASOS... Another Shi#y Observation Station

clickhappy

Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:55 pm

the tour is Monday-Friday only.

Delta15

Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:23 am

Saw the tour on Monday. My only complaint was that it was too short, and we couldnt see the 767/777s being built. Saw alitalia 777 take off which was cool, and an emirates 773.

ExitRow

Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:34 am

FYI: No photos inside the building or on the tour at all. Still take your camera though, there's plenty to see taking off and landing while you wait for your tour group.

Don't miss the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field!

bhill

Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:38 am

Keep in mind that kids under 4 feet tall are not allowed on the tour. My youngest son was very bummed...
Carpe Pices

SJC-Alien

Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:18 am

.............Correct clickhappy....Tours of Everett Facility Mon-Fri only..find the :
http://www.boeing.com

and find the tour page and hours..

I recommend you get there early......sometimes they sell out depending on what time of the year it is........no kids under 4ft....and don't bring anything at all on the tour..lock it in your car.......and bring LOTS of money for the tour center gift shop...there IS an admission charge now...

It's a hit/miss on what tour you get.....last 3 times. we got 777 line.....very nice...

SJC Alien

BR715-A1-30

Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:26 am

KIDS Under four feet tall, or Anyone under four feet tall. There are some short people out there. Although I am 5' 9", I do have a friend who is short (Probably over 4' 6" though)
Puhdiddle

Android

Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:46 am

I recommend getting a rental car and driving around Renton Field- you can see alot of stuff if you have exploring time. Also a visit to Museum at Boeing field and a look at first 747(if it is still there). Boeing tour also gets you into great gift shop with lots of Boeing stuff . Musuem has a great bookshop. Drive around the various Airports and you can see quie a bit .

Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:50 am

The last time I was ther (May 2000), I saw Delta's First B767-400...

clickhappy

Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:15 pm

If anyone is planning a trip to RNT or BFI drop me a line and I will give you the rundown  Smile

Royal S King

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos