Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

YVR74
Topic Author

SQ Seat Assignments (First Class)

Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:15 am

I can't find a previous thread on this, so my apologies if this is a duplicate thread.

I hold an award ticket for a first class travel with Singapore Airlines. The reservation was made with Delta SkyMiles so Delta's partner desk handled the reservation.

This flight is in April of next year. Can I contact Singapore Airlines at some time before the flight to request seats, or does Singapore assign seats at check-in?

Cheers

SQ772

RE: SQ Seat Assignments (First Class)

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:45 am

You most certainly can and should call the airline to make a seat request. The airline will not know your seat preference if this is the first time you are flying with them. SQ, or any other airline does assign seats at check-in, but that's only if the particular passenger has no previous request for any particular seat. In such a case, if the flight is full, your choice of seat will be very limited. Always better to request early...

As you are flying First Class, you can do so now.
There's always a better way to fly...

9V-SVA

Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:02 am

Yes, you can request for seating arrangements now. Be sure to fly the Boeing 747-400 out of SFO,LAX,EWR and JFK to enjoy the Skysuite.

Have fun!

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

YVR74
Topic Author

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:03 pm

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I am flying from LAX to SIN via NRT return on the 744 and then from SIN to BJS return on the 777. This is my first trip to Asia and my first flight with SQ, so I am quite enthused about it.

Cheers

B-HXB

Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:19 pm

Are SIA's international 777's not fitted with the sleeper seats in First Class?

YVR74
Topic Author

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:04 pm

B-HXB

I am no authority, but I am starting my trip in Vancouver where we get SIA 777's. The reservations agent told me that the 777's to Vancouver and to San Francisco do not have a first class and are in only a 2 class (business/economy) configuration. I do not know about SIA 777 services to other North American destinations.

Since I wanted to use my miles for a first class award, they connected me from Vancouver to LAX where there were first class seats available on the flights to SIN. The first class seats from SFO on SIA's 744 service was already booked.

Cheers

YVR74
Topic Author

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:06 pm

I forgot to mention in the previous posting that for some reason, the SIN-BJS 777 service with SIA does offer first class service.

Cheers

tsentsan

Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:21 pm

B-HXB -

SIA doesnt have any domestic 777s.... so all of them are international 777s Big grin

Long haul B777s are 2 class. Short/Medium haul (SR/SQ/SY) are either 3-class or 2-class.
NO URLS in signature

SQ772

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:30 pm

B-HXB,

Sky Suites and Slumberettes (sleeper seats) are only on the long haul fleet of 744s. They left the A340s intact since they probably knew they wouldn't be around long.

Long haul 777s do not have First Class. Medium/Short haul 777s that have First class do not have sleeper seats, but recline to almost a flat bed anyway.
There's always a better way to fly...

sq_ek_freak

Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:42 pm

What destination is BJS?
Keep Discovering

carnoc

Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:07 pm

Sq_ek_freak, BJS is Beijing, national capital of China, PEK is more well-known for Beijing Capital International Airport, but many people are still using BJS instead of PEK.

TonyBurr

Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:41 am

I have been lucky enough to have flown SQ First class several times. Their First Class is FANTASTIC! THey have GREAT sleeper seats, and the service is tremendous. The experience of SQ First is one you will not forget! Enjoy!

By the way even all the long haul SQ 747-400 do not have the suite. On the SIN-JNB 747-400 they maintain the old First Class seats. I have often wondered why they did??? Anyone know?

9V-SPK

Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:13 am

In fact SQ has never promoted that SQ will fly the new F class aircrafts into the African region due to low demand for First Class and not much competition. In fact SQ will be restructuring their South African routes and downgrading the JNB flight to a B772ER in 2 class configuration in the near future.

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:05 pm

Yvr74, the Boeing 777 you'll be on(from Vancouver) might have Spacebeds. The one you're flying to BJS on will not have Spacebeds but the UltimoPlus First Class seats.

You should take a chance to fly to a 744 destination in the US(LAX,EWR,SFO,JFK) and experience the Skysuites. Boeing 777 destinations in North America are YVR,LAS,ORD.

South African services will be restructured to be operated with the Boeing 777-212/ER.

9V-SVA

9V-SVA | B772ER

YVR74
Topic Author

Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:55 pm

9V-SVA

I may have been a bit confusing with my previous post. I tried to depart from YVR, but the award seats were already gone.

I will be flying the 744 from LAX to SIN via NRT for both my outbound and return flight portions.

Cheers

9V-SPK

Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:20 pm

9V-SVA,

Pardon me, but SQ flies the 9V-SQ* series to Beijing so it will not have the Spacebed or the Ultimo Plus seats (And it's actually Ultimo Plus Raffles Seats), however it will have First class and Raffles Class. Unless my information is wrong BJS recieves a B772 and A343 so they actually offfer first class services on this sector.

yvr74,

Are you sure that SQ does not offer F class service? What was the reason they gave you?

Best Regards

9V-SVE

Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:25 pm

Yep, services on Beijing are 2x daily, one is operated by SQ* series 772, one is operated by A343. US services NEVER get the Jumbos without SkySuites.

Cities that get the Slumberettes:

Johannesburg
Cape Town
Durban
Mauritus
Bangkok
Sydney
Jakarta
Hong Kong
Tokyo
Madras
Taipei

Ejazz

Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:46 pm

The B772 to BJS is a normal 3 class aircraft (SQ series) with First, Raffles and Economy, without any of the enhanced seats such as the skysuites, spacebeds or ultimo plus seats.

Boeing 777 destinations in North America include SFO as well as YVR, LAS and ORD.

Commencing 1 Dec the B772ER will operate to JNB, CPT and MRU. Mauritius is being delinked from the JNB flights, instead it will have a dedicated twice weekly service.

Cheers.

Etihad Girl, You're a great way to fly.

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:48 am

Ejazz,

Do you have any idea why the SIN - HKG - LAS service has been re-timed? Anything to do with ETOPS?

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:26 am

9V-SPK, if that is the case, I would say the SQ series B772 and B773 have the same seats, and I was in First Class.

The First Class seats on the B773 are same as the UltimoPlus seats on the B772ER, except the upholstery is a different colour. If you want to check it up to a search under my name for trip reports and look for these 4 trip reports:

SIN-SHA and back
SIN-FCO and back

I know what I'm typing because I've been in the aircraft before.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

YVR74
Topic Author

Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:46 am

9V-SPK

I originally tried to book YVR-ICN-SIN from Vancouver in business class, but they told me that business class had no award seats left. They found award seats on business class on SFO-ICN-SIN. Both of these services are operated by some variant of 777 (from SIA's website schedule page). When I decided to upgrade to first class, I was told that SIA offers no F class service to YVR, award seat or no award seat.

Also, when they checked for availability for my upgrade on SFO-ICN-SIN, I was advised that my booking was on a 777 and F class service was not offered on this flight. They checked for the later flight, a 744, which they told me offered first class service but was already booked full, so I ended up finding a first class seat available return on LAX-NRT-SIN.

Since I'm originating in YVR and have to connect to a US gateway city for SQ, the change from SFO to LAX was not an issue.

That is the only thing I know about the types of services they offer. Maybe it's a faulty assumption, but I am assuming that since both YVR and SFO have only two classes of service on their 777 services, that the same holds for other SQ North American destinations served by the 777.

TonyBurr

Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:22 am

9V-SVE, I may be mistaken but in your post above do you say that there are not the great SLeeperSuites on the SIN-SYD route? I have taken that several times on 747-400 and they have always had the suites. I am really sorry to hear that JNB-SIN will be a 2 class cabin!!!

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:36 am

Yvr74, SIA sends up Boeing 777-212/ER aircraft configured in a two-class cabin, namely Raffles and Economy to these destinations:

Johannesburg
Mauritius
Cape Town
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Hong Kong
Seoul(Incheon)
Vancouver
Chicago
Amsterdam
Rome
Copenhagen
Athens

Among these cities, those that are also served by Boeing 747-400 aircraft with SkySuites are:

Hong Kong
Amsterdam
San Francisco

As for North American ops, the 744 serves:

Newark Liberty
John F Kennedy
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Tonyburr,

Singapore Airlines operates Spacebed and SkySuite equipped Boeing 747-400 aircraft to Sydney. Occasionally an older Boeing 747-400 might pop in however, these are equipped with Slumberettes and Spacebeds.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

9V-SVE

Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:25 pm

Mostly the newer jumbos are sent to Sydney, but sometimes the older ones. CHeck the database. You will find lots of photos of the older ones in Sydney.

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:12 pm

9V-SVA, what you posted was that the BJS aircraft will not have spacebed but the UltimoPlus Seats on the aircrafts. I know and i never said that SQ* and SY* have different seats. I was tryig to help you clarify that Ultimo Plus are never First Class seats on SQ and are always Raffles Class seats and are different to those First Class seats onboard SQ and SY. Also here are some pictures to help you clarify that you got mixed up with the seats:

I flew SQ231 SIN - SYD on 9V-SYD last month.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bailey

And the Ultimo Plus seats in Raffles Class

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bailey

And also a look of the Ultimo Raffles Class seats, similar to the Ultimo Plus seats because they are from the same manufactuer.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Milligan

Also for more exact info SYD does not recieve the older B744s anymore. It's only SQ231/232 that would get the older B744s and that SQ221/222 does not get the older B744s due to that SQ firstly introduced the Spacebed on London and Sydney, and SQ promises to offer Skysuites onboard SQ221 and SQ222. SQ219/220 which was operated before with A343s and are now operated with the newer B744s, also does not recieve . FOr SQ231/232, when SQ upgrades the flight to the B744 the older B744s would replace the B773s, and luckily I've been on two older B744s with Slumberettes and Ultimo Seats and the flight was SQ231 and 232. Just like what TonyBurr said SQ doesn't send the older B744s and you only see the Skysuite equipped B744s, well I guess it's even harder for you to get a glimpse of the older B744s unless you meant last year!  Laugh out loud

Also one more thing 9V-SVA, SQ does not and will not operate Slumberettes and Spacebeds B744s as you mentioned. SQ are are already starting to phrase the 1st version B744s out of the fleet

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:32 pm

I was tryig to help you clarify that Ultimo Plus are never First Class seats on SQ and are always Raffles Class seats and are different to those First Class seats onboard SQ and SY.

WRONG! I've been in the B772ER(SV series) and the B773(SY series) and the B773's First Class seats are the SAME that are found in the B772(SV series) Raffles Class, only with DIFFERENT FABRIC(ie red in First and purple in Raffles). Don't try and argue with someone who has been on both aircraft types and have people who can ATTEST to that.

Also one more thing 9V-SVA, SQ does not and will not operate Slumberettes and Spacebeds B744s as you mentioned. SQ are are already starting to phrase the 1st version B744s out of the fleet

They are beginning to be phased out? How come I still see them running around doing short hops everytime I go to the airport? AFAIK, they are still operating Slumberette and SkySuite equipped aircraft. If I'm wrong, explain.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:51 pm

9V-SVA,

I'm not trying to argue with you, but it seems you really do get pissed easily! I cannot see how you can still say that it's the same seat when...it's from different manufactuers and that not just the color the style and design is different. If you really inisist I'll post more statistics and the seat designs bla bla bla for your information. I think people from the picture can already see the different obviosuly, however I'll give you more information of the manufactuers of both seats.

And for the 2nd thing, I can't believe you can't even read carefully. Here I'll post it for you.

Singapore Airlines operates Spacebed and SkySuite equipped Boeing 747-400 aircraft to Sydney. Occasionally an older Boeing 747-400 might pop in however, these are equipped with Slumberettes AND Spacebeds.

I thought that even your mum works in SQ but you don't seem to get reliable sources. 9V-SMA - 9V-SMD are seeking buyers or leasers, and 9V-SMD is going to operate for Air Nigeria. I hope you can get your facts right before you post something.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bailey

And the main point I was saying as you're again careless and i was trying to HELP you clarify is that SQ does not operate B744s with BOTH slumberettes AND Spacebeds onboard. They will NOT install spacebed onboard the Slumberettes configured B744s, and you yourself mentioned that SQ operates the Slumberette (First Class) and Spacebed (Raffles Class), which is NOT true at all, and even when you were questioning mer you wrote:

"They are beginning to be phased out? How come I still see them running around doing short hops everytime I go to the airport? AFAIK, they are still operating Slumberette and SkySuite equipped aircraft. If I'm wrong, explain."

Read what someone posts before you post something, all the mistakes you made are just careless and don't get the facts right. Yes they are still operating Slumberette AND Skysuite equipped aircraft I know, WHEN did iI say they aren't? I only said they are NOT and will NOT operate Slumberette B744s with Spacebed installed GOT that??

One more mistake you made. I said SQ are BEGINNING to phrase them out. When did I say that they have phrased them out already??? They are planning and already phrasing them out and the fact is that although they are still in service SQ are planning to retire them and that's what I said ONLY.

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:13 pm

I cannot see how you can still say that it's the same seat when...it's from different manufactuers and that not just the color the style and design is different. If you really inisist I'll post more statistics and the seat designs bla bla bla for your information. I think people from the picture can already see the different obviosuly, however I'll give you more information of the manufactuers of both seats.

Again, stop trying to put down someone who has been in both cabins! I am giving a first-person perspective. If they are different, how come 9V-SYF and 9V-SVF have the same seats and identical seating controls, only with different fabric colour?

I thought that even your mum works in SQ but you don't seem to get reliable sources. 9V-SMA - 9V-SMD are seeking buyers or leasers, and 9V-SMD is going to operate for Air Nigeria. I hope you can get your facts right before you post something.

You seem to have forgotten 9V-SME to 9V-SMH. Are they being phased out yet, no. But if SIA is keeping them for a few more years, it is worthwhile to retrofit them with Spacebeds.

So what if my mom works in SQ? Don't bring my mom into the picture.

I'm telling you that I've been in the cabins BEFORE, I've sat in the seat, played with the controls et cetera, and you still go and deride me. What is this shit? Sometimes I even wonder why I have to take crap from you at all.

9V-SVA

9V-SVA | B772ER

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:28 pm

9V-SVA,

You're only 13-15 years old? Yeh I understand you don't know much and you're really careless regarding your posts and trying to avoid them. Alright...being much much more mature I'll let you a go this time for avoiding my quesstion and all your silly mistakes.

The most funniest thing is that even you're in the cabin you can still make things wrong. My god...I've not fogotten 9V-SME and SMH althought you seem to ignore my previous post, SQ ARE planning to retire them and that is the fact. Few more years = worthwhile to retrofit them with Spacebeds? So why doesn't SQ install the skysuites then? You can't answer me that right?

Not trying to being your mum in the picture but it's some kid here always trying to say "I'll ask my mum for more information." And all the facts I responded you up there you're all wrong and you're trying to avoid them...oh well quite dissapointed.

"I'm telling you that I've been in the cabins BEFORE, I've sat in the seat, played with the controls et cetera, and you still go and deride me. What is this shit? Sometimes I even wonder why I have to take crap from you at all.

What is this shit? Shit from you I suppose...you wonder why you have to take crap from me? Well you're already taking it youself, god knows! However, Have a nice day and hope you will not get too pissed after posting so many unrelaible sources, I mean Slumberette B744s with Spacebed installed? Oh yeh they are in service right?  Laugh out loud

Best Regards

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:33 pm

One more thing...you remind me when I was young or so and like your age, just that we have a difference.

I'm not like people being saying that "I've been flying First and Raffles all the time". Not trying to be mean, but one day when you don't have the chance to fly in F or J you'll be sorry for being quite arrogant IMO. Sometimes mate, chill out, no need to spread it to everyone.

I hope you didn't break the control though!

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:38 pm

Did I ever once say I fly in F/J all the time? I'm not an arrogant little bastard that some people(you included) make me out to be. I now how it feels like to fly in Y and I haven't forgotten it.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

ZK-NBT

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:38 pm

Christchurch also recives the 772ER 9V-SV_ series!

I thought all SQ 744 routes offered First Class! Maybe not? Auckland changed earlier this year from the older 744's to the newer configuration, whatever you want to call it, it seems as though SQ have 10 different types of seats on every aircraft. Even seen 9V-SPQ once or twice!

No First Class though would give CX, TG and MH a monopoly on PAX travelling to Europe in First on the AKL-Asia leg.

I heard that AKL will go double daily with the 772ER not sure when now though, Air NZ now offer AKL-SIN daily and for now SQ do CHC-SIN daily! Anyone no anymore at this stage.

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:44 pm

Oops! Forgot about CHC! All SQ 744 routes offer First Class, only the seats and configuration are different depending on the registration.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

ZK-NBT

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:49 pm

It's only SMA-SMH that are different on the 744's though! Some of the others probably don't have the Spacebed or whatever in yet though. Does 9V-SPL? It was in AKL last week oneday at least!

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:55 pm

All I know SMR, SMM, SPQ, SPC, and those that frequent London and Sydney have Spacebeds.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

9V-SPK

Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:45 pm

9V-SVA,

Whatever you say, cause a few members have mailed me and told me I should just give you a break and they are also sick of you and so because of them I would not ruin this forum. However if you don't act like a little bastard or so I guess people would really appreciate, especially me, Singapore_Air and quite a number of forum members cause they were sick of your altittude and your immature thoughts are really a pain in the ass.

Best Regards

tsentsan

Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:53 pm

This thread is seriously getting hilarious. Big grin

Final take (judgement by me) - SVx J class is NOT the same as SYx First class.
NO URLS in signature

9V-SVA

Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:33 pm

How can they be sick of my altitude when I'm only 10 meters off ground level? Seriously, I don't care if the find me immature, a pain in the ass or whatever, but the fact is, 9V-SYF and 9V-SVF have the same seats in F(for SYF) and J(for SVF), with the only exception of upholstery.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

Mr.BA

Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:00 am

9V-SVA,

Seriously in my point of view, I feel that you shouldn't be so harsh on anyone. Granted that you have been on those aircraft, been in those cabins and seated on those seats for a long 10 hours to Rome, but you certainly don't have to be so harsh. Well whatever the topic and subject, everything can be discussed and made known in a nice way. We're friends here, don't have to start an arguement  Smile.

And for the older B744s, yes, SQ are phasing them out.
Boeing747 万岁!

Singapore 777

Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:09 am

IF gundu is right, then there's only one plausible explanation - that the later and earlier 777-300s have different First class seats but seriously though, I very much doubt that the 777-300 First class seats are the same as the 777-200ER Ultimo Plus seats for the very simple reason that by doing so, it spoils the market for SIA. Imagine passengers thinking that I paid First class fare and I only get a Business class seat for those who HAVE experienced the Ultimo Plus in Business class.

But from my conversation with a 777 pilot in SIA, he says that all the 777-300s have the same first class seats as what is seen inside the picture by Mr. Bailey and hence, gundu might be wrong. Gundu, are you sure you didn't see wrongly? The pictorial evidence is, unfortunately, totally against you.

9V-SPK

Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:26 am

9V-SVA,

Not I really doubt if you have flown those aircrafts or you're only bluffing. I mean...even you've been on both aircrafts, that does not mean you're right at all. Pictorial evidence, and that the Ultimo Plus Blue Raffles Class Seats are just totally different than the First Class 9V-SY* or 9V-SQ* series First Class I've been on. Yes I have not been on the 9V-SV* Raffles Class, but all the way you're saying that the Ultimo Plus are the same as the 9V-SY* series, I mean come on take a look at the pictures, even people who have NOT flown on them could tell the difference. If people who make sense they'd actually say that "The Raffles Class seats on the B744s are the same as the ones on the Ultimo Plus B772ERs" and they are QUITE the same indeed.

All the info you posted, regarding that you doubt that SQ was starting to retire the older B744s and you still see them doing shot hops could see that you really do not not much. You even thought that there were Slumberette B744s have the spacebed installed, and I was trying to correct you by saying that there are NO spacebed installed on the Slumberette B744s but then you changed that SQ will install them. If you have any sense (which I doubt) I said SQ also did not install the skysuites on the Slumberette B744s which they could have done 4-5 years ago and now you'r telling me that SQ will install the Spacebed because Raffles Class have demand and First doesn't? Where the hell did you get that? If they don't why not just erase those First Class seats and put more Raffles or even Economy. And the routes that the Slumberette B744s operate there's still demand and First Class tickets are for sales on those flights. It's NOTHING to do with demand (There are even more seats on the Slumberettes B744s mate), just that the need of Beds are not really necessary or lack of competition.

Although I'm not from Singapore but I've definetely flown more than you lots of times on SQ and I know much more than you not just bluffing, and even just by making sense. I've been to Singapore many times and i've got friends there, and I find A.net Singaporean members really nice onboard and are really dedicated to SQ. But your attitude (Now I got that right!  Laugh out loud) is really dissapointing as I was first only pointing out that BJS does not recieve either the Ultimo Plus or even Spacebed because BJS recieves the 3 class configuration but then you're already talking about different things - and the worse was that they were even MORE wrong and so I have to correct and correct.

At least other Singaporean memebers have sense. You know, not just having been on those flights mean they are actually the same seats. What you are only getting is primary source but you have totally forgotten about secondary sources.

By the way I was also nice to you, however tolerance is limited. I really hope that more people would point it out to you that you're WRONG, WRONG and WRONG so that you won't get stubborn anymore and get your facts correct.

Best Regards

9V-SVA

Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:25 am

Carol, I'm sure I didn't see wrongly. In fact I'm sure the later 773s(SYF,SYG,SYH) have different First Class seats. I am DEAD sure. Do you even remember me telling you(or did I?) about it?

The pitch is a bit more than in J, and the upholstery is different, but the seat is the same. It has the same functions, same seat controls and whatnot! I'm not stubborn, my facts are correct, you CHOOSE to conveniently deride that immediately? Pictorial evidence isn't everything.

You don't like my attitude? Fine! Don't read my posts! I could care less if I have one less reader of my posts.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

Mr.BA

Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:35 am

Pardon me for the lack of knowledge and facts about the kind of seats SQ have on their aircraft. I suppose Slumberettes are the ones on 9V-SMA to 9V-SMH? I don't think these aircraft will receive any upgrades in seats. SQ are phasing them out. If I'm not wrong, I remember having heard of these B744s are on sale, once a buyer is found, out they go. Well obviously there aren't any buyers for the B744s for the moment, it's logical to utilise them short hops rather than sitting around. These B744s are restricted to some destinations I believe, mainly Bangkok, Jakarta, Mauritius, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Hong Kong... etc.

Cheers,

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

SInGAPORE_AIR

Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:42 am

Mr. BA, you are indeed correct.

Four 747-400s from SIA built in 1989 are available for sale or dry lease now having performed between 9168 and 10415 cycles at the time of viewing.9V-

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airtrade/reports/747.html
http://www.jetphotos.net/census

Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

Mr.BA

Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:53 am

Thanks Singapore_Air for clarifying.
Boeing747 万岁!

Ejazz

Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:17 am

Now I'm no expert on the seats but all the First Class seats on the SY and SQ series aircraft appear to be the same to me.

Looks like there are 5 B747-400s up for sale or lease, with one Freighter available early next year. Must say I am surprised by that, SIA Cargo are making a tidy profit and short on capacity on some routes.

Mr BA,

The Las Vegas flights are now operating to the timings orginally envisioned. To be honest I'm not sure if its because the Russian ETOPS Alternate Airport has now completed its runway repairs or the slots SIA originally wanted became available on the changeover to the Northern Winter schedules.

Cheers
Etihad Girl, You're a great way to fly.

Singapore 777

Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:35 am

Gundu,

You also mentioned to me once that you've been on SYA? So the picture of the seat is that of those in SYA, am I right?

Singapore 777

Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:45 am

To further add on to my previous post, I just realised that the picture was actually taken on one of the newer series B777-300 so the first class seats on the SY* series probably isn't the same as the Ultimo Plus seats. I do not know if the older SY* series has these seats because there is no picture but I've had a glance at the first class cabin on an older SY* series and the seats resemble those found in the picture.

It might be a case of mistaken identity since the seats look so similar and I'd imagine the seat controls are probably identical.

People people, if we used our common sense one bit we'd realise SQ would not put the Ultimo Plus seats in first class because it spoils their market. Can you imagine what reaction a passenger, who has sat in the Ultimo Plus Business class, would have if he realises that he paid first class fare only to end up in a business class seat? SQ needs to differentiate their product and to install the same seating in both classes does no justice to this.

Believe it or not, it's up to you.

9V-SVA

Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:34 am

Yep, that seat is in SYA. The newer planes(YF,YG and YH) have UltimoPlus seats in First Class. Carol, there's no registration on the picture and the controls are NOT identical.

9V-SVA
9V-SVA | B772ER

9V-SVE

Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:40 pm

Very hilarious! Keep going...Gundu! Big grin

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos